PDA

View Full Version : John Henson with a career game. 17 points 25 rebounds 7 blocks

asandhu23
04-11-2013, 01:05 AM
http://www.nba.com/games/20130410/MILORL/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpgt[0021201166]

according to Sportscenter twitter...

John Henson becomes only 4th player since 1985-86 to record 17 Pts, 25 Reb, 7 Blk in a game (Shaq, Mutombo, Olajuwon).

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter

Edit: John Henson of the Milwaukee Bucks.

Deception
04-11-2013, 01:54 AM
Crazy stat line, just real inconsistent though.
His past 2 games prior, 2 points 1 rebound.

Chronz
04-11-2013, 01:57 AM
About time, Im prolly confusing him with one of their other project bigs, but werent expectations pretty high for him going into the season?

b@llhog24
04-11-2013, 02:00 AM
About time, Im prolly confusing him with one of their other project bigs, but werent expectations pretty high for him going into the season?

Not really. Iirc, ppl just thought he'd be a solid defensive player instantly, and that he had the potential to be a starting big man.

mngopher35
04-11-2013, 02:25 AM

You might be thinking of larry sanders, he was supposed to have a better year than henson (and has played well)

Monta is beast
04-11-2013, 02:26 AM
This dude has so much potential it's crazy.

HouRealCoach
04-11-2013, 02:51 AM
Don't think he's that good, never did.. However these are the type of games that will prove me wrong QUICK

5ass
04-11-2013, 03:07 AM
I was hoping the Magic got Henson in the Redick trade, but I'm happy with Harris who had 30pts-5asst-19rbds. Henson has more potential though IMO.

Chronz
04-11-2013, 03:08 AM
Not really. Iirc, ppl just thought he'd be a solid defensive player instantly, and that he had the potential to be a starting big man.

Those were pretty high expectations considering he failed to even approximate them.

NVM checked out his numbers, they are somewhat decent but it hasn't translated into increase PT, which leads me to believe hes disappointed someone at least somewhat.

Chronz
04-11-2013, 03:11 AM
You might be thinking of larry sanders, he was supposed to have a better year than henson (and has played well)

Its either him or Udoh that Im thinking about. All of their bigs seem fairly comparable so I get lost in the shuffle, but Im sure at least one of the 2 let the team down.

I remember reading that Sanders was a dissappointment in preseason, but that he quickly turned it around.

Looking at their stats right now, I guess it was prolly Udoh since Henson is surprisingly productive.

NBA_Starter
04-11-2013, 04:34 AM
It was an awesome performance.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-11-2013, 05:26 AM
I got a question. Who the F is John Henson? I have to start wathcing more of the league besides just the western conference teams

RJ_56
04-11-2013, 06:41 AM
He's shown the potential for this before, it's just the Bucks coach is terrible and can never seem to establish him (or any other big besides sanders) into a solid rotation. He just has to get stronger...but he has tremendous skill on both sides of the floor.

GiantsSwaGG
04-11-2013, 07:33 AM
He's not that good

MonroeFAN
04-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Meanwhile, Andre Drummond, who is consistent, and who doesn't suck posts 29 & 11 on 10-11 shooting and no one is talking about it. Vucevic and Harris do something that hasn't been done in 40 years, and we're talking about John Henson.

It was an impressive game by him on a night full of incredible performances. He's been incredibly underwhelming for the most part this season.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Crazy stat line, just real inconsistent though.
His past 2 games prior, 2 points 1 rebound. Was garbage time.

time4change
04-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Meanwhile, Andre Drummond, who is consistent, and who doesn't suck posts 29 & 11 on 10-11 shooting and no one is talking about it. Vucevic and Harris do something that hasn't been done in 40 years, and we're talking about John Henson.

It was an impressive game by him on a night full of incredible performances. He's been incredibly underwhelming for the most part this season.

Tough to overwhelm when on one night he plays 20 minutes and then the next night he plays 4.

A lot of you talking about his consistency just simply don't realize that Henson has not been getting consistent minutes. Tough to play well when your minutes are so sporadic.

MonroeFAN
04-11-2013, 09:11 AM
It's a good fantasy game, but 41% shooting and a loss makes it lose some of it's luster IMO.

Not trying to be a hater, I just simply don't think it's topic worthy. And the 'who dun it' aspect of this topic is hilariously bad. Can anyone name the last player to post 20 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, and two big macs while wearing black gym shoes?

MonroeFAN
04-11-2013, 09:13 AM
It was the 4th most impressive performance last night

JiffyMix88
04-11-2013, 09:45 AM

Bro you're wrong on so many levels Vucevic I'll give it to you but besides his game(which is debatable) Henson stood out the most and talk about being consistent, why does Andre Drummond shoot 37% from the free throw line?

Just because no one talked about a game Drummond had(because it happens more often than the Henson game) doesn't mean you got to go in and undersale him and act like Drummond is some Tim Duncan. When Drummond has a great game like this I'm pretty sure he'll get some kudos.

JiffyMix88
04-11-2013, 09:49 AM
It was the 4th most impressive performance last night

to you Drummonds was like the 18th

JiffyMix88
04-11-2013, 09:50 AM
It's a good fantasy game, but 41% shooting and a loss makes it lose some of it's luster IMO.

Not trying to be a hater, I just simply don't think it's topic worthy. And the 'who dun it' aspect of this topic is hilariously bad. Can anyone name the last player to post 20 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, and two big macs while wearing black gym shoes?

shooting 52% from the free throw line is what was costing the Lakers some games this season

MonroeFAN
04-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Bro you're wrong on so many levels Vucevic I'll give it to you but besides his game(which is debatable) Henson stood out the most and talk about being consistent, why does Andre Drummond shoot 37% from the free throw line?

Just because no one talked about a game Drummond had(because it happens more often than the Henson game) doesn't mean you got to go in and undersale him and act like Drummond is some Tim Duncan. When Drummond has a great game like this I'm pretty sure he'll get some kudos.

Ok, not sure how after 3 posts you still didn't provide any factual information.

Drummond could shoot negative 37 % from the line and I wouldn't care. He dominated a team by himself and won the game. 10-11 from the field for 29 points in a win is A LOT better than 17 points on 41% and some meaningless blocks in a fast paced game in which they lost and rebounds were plentiful (I mean, come on, Orlando had 59 rebounds between 2 players on the opposite end of the court). Someone had to grab them.

Not impressive.

Also, this isn't a popularity contest. Drummond is 100000x better than Henson, just thought it was funny.

Gators123
04-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Not sure why this turned into a Drummond thread lol

Beast game from Henson. I've always liked him.

JiffyMix88
04-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Mmm, those are valid points (I guess?). You really didn't say anything factual, or even legible.

Drummond could shoot negative 37 % from the line and I wouldn't care. He dominated a team by himself and won the game. 10-11 from the field for 29 points in a win is A LOT better than 17 points on 41% and some meaningless blocks in a fast paced game in which they lost.

Not impressive.

Also, this isn't a popularity contest. Drummond is 100000x better than Henson, just thought it was funny.

Not arguing he isn't but in these games last night the more impressive game was Hensons. Popularity contest is what you made it when you came in a discredited Henson and brought up Drummonds meaningless game to support your thoughts, which wasn't impressive.

JiffyMix88
04-11-2013, 10:07 AM

Cause when players play the same position as someone else on somebody's favorite team and they have a decent game they get butthurt they aren't mentioned...Called jealousy(woman trait)

Blitzbolt
04-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Potential is the key word sure he sucks and is super raw but he has the tools to be a solid Center.

MonroeFAN
04-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Cause when players play the same position as someone else on somebody's favorite team and they have a decent game they get butthurt they aren't mentioned...Called jealousy(woman trait)

Unnecessary. Sorry I'm not as impressed with his game as some others are. It was in a fast paced, balls to the walls game that featured two 20 & 30 games. Perhaps bringing up Drummond was a mistake, but I would still rather have his performance. 29 and 11 on 10/11 shooting and a win is awesome.

MonroeFAN
04-11-2013, 10:40 AM
But you're cool man, I don't want to argue.

Swashcuff
04-11-2013, 10:50 AM

Well create the thread then. Simple as that.

Swashcuff
04-11-2013, 10:54 AM

When trolls with an agenda attempts to derail a thread that's what happens.

MonroeFAN
04-11-2013, 11:00 AM
So now when someone disagrees, that = trolling?

Trolling was not my intention.

Swashcuff
04-11-2013, 11:06 AM
So now when someone disagrees, that = trolling?

Trolling was not my intention.

Yeah but you come into a thread to basically attack the OP for him making a thread based on something that has happened just 4 times in the last 30 years to spew your agenda. Why not appreciate the performance for what it was state that it wasn't the only impressive performance on the night and move on. You've basically derailed the thread for your own selfish reasoning.

MonroeFAN
04-11-2013, 11:18 AM
and for that, I'm sorry. I just thought it was funny that on a night full of incredible performances, his is the one that sticks out.

From the same game, Vucevic had 30 points on 50% shooting, 20 rebounds, 2 blocks, 5 assists, and a win. I think I would rather have that. But I don't want to be a troll, so if a mod wants to delete my rant then that's fine by me. I will learn to not lash out in the future.

RJ_56
04-11-2013, 11:28 AM
The only thing that is inconsistent about Henson is the playing time that Jim Boyland gives him. It's hard for any player to give consistent production when they aren't given consistent minutes.

RipCity32
04-11-2013, 11:35 AM
I really like Henson.I know there are concerns about his weight but I think he makes up for it because he's got so much length.That's going to be a pretty good frontcourt down the road with Henson and Sanders.

MonroeFAN
04-11-2013, 11:39 AM
if it pans out it will be an awesome front court, but it's missing a center.

KnickaBocka.44
04-11-2013, 11:44 AM
if it pans out it will be an awesome front court, but it's missing a center.

They are both extremely long and 6'11''. Sanders is already capable of playing Center and as Henson puts on some weight he should be able to get minutes there too.

justinnum1
04-11-2013, 11:56 AM
He had an 18/18 game against miami earlier in the season. He will give the heat some trouble in the first round if he sees the court.

Swashcuff
04-11-2013, 12:15 PM
His rookie season is almost a mirror image of Vuc's last season. Statistically speaking he could potentially turn into a better defensive version of Vuc with ample PT.

The_Jamal
04-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Don't know why these threads always have to become an e-peen contest between who's player had a better night. This thread is about Henson's incredible night and giving him props for it. Go make a thread about Drummond or whoever else if you deem it necessary

Phenomenonsense
04-11-2013, 01:34 PM
I never wanted Henson. I still don't think he'll ever gain weight, which was my overwhelming red flag, but if he can make due without it, something I also thought he wouldn't be able to do, over the course of several seasons then I'll be happy for him. We all know Joe D had him as his #2 pick in the draft after Drummond. At least if he does well, I can still put some faith back into Joe.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
04-11-2013, 01:43 PM
If he can get to a near Sanders! level shot blocking level, and the two could throw on 50 lbs combined, they could make a formidable front court. Especially if they can find a workable guard situation.

They need a coach who will commit to a real line-up. I think a solidified rotation with an Illiasova, Sanders, Henson front court with Redick, one of Ellis/Jennings (not both), with a facilitating guard and a better bench they could elevate their status in an Eastern conference that will be wide open again.

On a side note, I have come to think that the coach that could turn this team around is Stan Van Gundy. I think he could construct something successful out of the potential in this roster.

GiantsSwaGG
04-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Tough to overwhelm when on one night he plays 20 minutes and then the next night he plays 4.

A lot of you talking about his consistency just simply don't realize that Henson has not been getting consistent minutes. Tough to play well when your minutes are so sporadic.

Maybe he doesn't get minutes because he isn't that good

NoahH
04-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Frustrating player to own on fantasy basketball thats for sure. He'll put up a double double then put a goose egg up a game later.

MonroeFAN
04-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Frustrating player to own on fantasy basketball thats for sure. He'll put up a double double then put a goose egg up a game later.

John Henson has just 5 double doubles this season. Not trying to knock him further, the PT obviously isn't there, but I'm not sure I follow.

Edit : 4, not 5.

Vinylman
04-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah but you come into a thread to basically attack the OP for him making a thread based on something that has happened just 4 times in the last 30 years to spew your agenda. Why not appreciate the performance for what it was state that it wasn't the only impressive performance on the night and move on. You've basically derailed the thread for your own selfish reasoning.

who cares if it happened 4 times in the last 30 years... it was a fast paced game and went into overtime... it really isn't that impressive... when teams played faster paces (50/60's) Wilt had games like this all the time...

Did you see that kobe had a stat line last night that had never been done before? No one is making a thread for that... why? because it is just another who cares stat line...

it's great people know how to use databases these days... doesn't mean it is noteworthy