PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's Body Is Going To Detonate Come Playoff Time

MeSoHoarny
04-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Tonight he played 48 minutes and he's regularly playing 40 plus all year long. It seems like all this burned energy is going to make it to where he has nothing left when the playoffs come and games get even more physical and OT games are more common. What's sad is he's fighting for life and death just to make the 8 seed while his teammates give half *** effort. He's either going to get injured or he's just going to suck and shoot 30 percent. Think about it folks. Corpseexplodebe.

Mamba Out.

whitemamba33
04-11-2013, 12:57 AM
...good luck with that.

still1ballin
04-11-2013, 01:06 AM
#Vino

Nuff said

DaLakerz Rulz
04-11-2013, 01:08 AM
vino is free as seagull

MeSoHoarny
04-11-2013, 01:13 AM
vino is free as seagull

He's gonna need another trip to Germany and get another illegal experiment done this summer for sure.

ThunderousDemon
04-11-2013, 01:13 AM
Tonight he played 48 minutes and he's regularly playing 40 plus all year long. It seems like all this burned energy is going to make it to where he has nothing left when the playoffs come and games get even more physical and OT games are more common. What's sad is he's fighting for life and death just to make the 8 seed while his teammates give half *** effort. He's either going to get injured or he's just going to suck and shoot 30 percent. Think about it folks. Corpseexplodebe.

Mamba Out.

Who's dupe account are you?

ThunderousDemon
04-11-2013, 01:15 AM
He's gonna need another trip to Germany and get another illegal experiment done this summer for sure.

Yup, illegal experiment done by Stern and the Illuminati with the experimental anunnaki technology from Kolob.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-11-2013, 01:16 AM

then its a good thing he is free as a seagull because he can fly there himself

NeverSayNevur
04-11-2013, 01:19 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if his hamstring starts acting up. This is '89 written all over it.

amos1er
04-11-2013, 01:21 AM
You would have to chop Kobe's legs off to keep him from playing 110% in the playoffs.

Iron24th
04-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Caaawww caaawww!!!

still1ballin
04-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Free as seagull Colby brian

ThunderousDemon
04-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Or maybe it's members from the hellfire club

BULLSFAN0810
04-11-2013, 01:31 AM
mamba is beast,if he burns out in my eyes he is a winner

jchase3
04-11-2013, 01:33 AM
so many haters lol comical

el hidalgo
04-11-2013, 01:36 AM
another day, another dupe created because they can't handle me

MeSoHoarny
04-11-2013, 01:37 AM
so many haters lol comical

Not a hater brotha. I'm genuinly concerned for his health. 41 next year and he's breaking his body for a chance at the 8 seed? Lullz.

lajoie
04-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Not a hater brotha. I'm genuinly concerned for his health. 41 next year and he's breaking his body for a chance at the 8 seed? Lullz.

As I assumed, you clearly failed grade 2.

Lakeshow24KB
04-11-2013, 01:42 AM

You're being too generous.

Lakeshow24KB
04-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Accidental double post.

ThunderousDemon
04-11-2013, 01:44 AM
another day, another dupe created because they can't handle me

Break a leg Lebron ;)

Another quote to add to your sig.

LayBraun
04-11-2013, 01:46 AM
I think his play will signicantly decline, yes. And they get swept first round.

el hidalgo
04-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Break a leg Lebron ;)

Another quote to add to your sig.

i would, but i save it for the fans who are pathetic enough to say it and actually mean it. im a lakers fan, but it's sad when most of the fanbase would rather see the heat lose than the lakers win. kobe's legacy being greater than lebron's legacy is more important than the lakers winning a championship to most lakers fans here.

DumDum
04-11-2013, 01:53 AM
one more first round exit to add to jelly bean's career

kobelaughsatall
04-11-2013, 02:05 AM

The haters always come out when Kobe has a monster game. Close thread

el hidalgo
04-11-2013, 02:09 AM
The haters always come out when Kobe has a monster game. Close thread

people can't be critical of kobe because he has a good game? guess ill praise nate robinson and call people who are critical of him "haters" when he has a good game.

JEDean89
04-11-2013, 03:04 AM
i would, but i save it for the fans who are pathetic enough to say it and actually mean it. im a lakers fan, but it's sad when most of the fanbase would rather see the heat lose than the lakers win. kobe's legacy being greater than lebron's legacy is more important than the lakers winning a championship to most lakers fans here.

i think everyone in the league outside of miami and LA would rather see the Heat lose than the Lakers win. WTF is your point?

sunsfan88
04-11-2013, 03:38 AM
If the Lakers get in the playoffs, they will get spanked but it won't be Kobe's fault.

amos1er
04-11-2013, 03:42 AM

You a Lakers fan? LMAO!

This is a gross exaggeration to say the least. Nearly all Laker fans want the Lakers to win first and foremost. I will only root against the Heat as my first priority if the Lakers are eliminated. I would root against Boston, but I don't really think they have much of a shot. If the Lakers made it to the finals, I would want Miami to get there too just because I would like to see the Lakers beat them. Same way I wanted Boston to make it back in 2010. I rooted for Boston in the ECF last year because I knew they had no chance in the finals and I would like to see them get close and fail at the end. I also knew that if Miami made it, they would have the refs on their side the whole way...which they did. Where as Boston would not and would have lost 9 out of ten times to either OKC or San Antonio.

magic0320
04-11-2013, 03:53 AM
one more playoff in his career than jordan :D

kobelaughsatall
04-11-2013, 04:06 AM
people can't be critical of kobe because he has a good game? guess ill praise nate robinson and call people who are critical of him "haters" when he has a good game.

Except you can't compare Kobe to Nate Robinson. Kobe a top 5 nba player.... And Nate is who exactly. Criticize when his game is off, but on a night where he makes history again!.... It's just plain hating. That is all

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-11-2013, 04:14 AM
I think the whold team is going to detonate. They have had to play .700 ball just to have a chance at making the playoffs. If they end up winning their last 5 games just to get there, I could see one of the biggest blow outs in league history on the road at OKC in game one. The Lakers will essentially take a sigh of relief that they are there and get their butts whooped because of all the energy they had to produce just to get there.

3RDASYSTEM
04-11-2013, 09:44 AM

Mamba Out.

Now imagine if BEAN had to play minutes like this with dleague talent on this roster, for 10yrs straight

how long would it take to detonate then?

FYL_McVeezy
04-11-2013, 09:46 AM
nothing a lil HGH can't solve! Right Metta? :laugh:

2-ONE-5
04-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Kobe is a world class athlete and playing on a level that not many his age have been able to do. he will be just fine IF they make the playoffs (looks likely at the moment)

siix
04-11-2013, 10:00 AM
i cant see the lakers going past the first round.........

beliges
04-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Kobes as gangsta as they come.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 10:43 AM

Mamba Out.

I tried telling everyone that Kobe carries this team. Kobe will get us to the playoffs but I can't see him doing this for the rest of the playoffs. What he is doing right now is unreal and I'm loving every second of it.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 10:45 AM
then its a good thing he is free as a seagull because he can fly there himself

:laugh:

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 10:47 AM
mamba is beast,if he burns out in my eyes he is a winner
+1

Lol

Lol "Laker fan"

If the Lakers get in the playoffs, they will get spanked but it won't be Kobe's fault.

More than likely.

Marlin234
04-11-2013, 11:48 AM
You a Lakers fan? LMAO!

This is a gross exaggeration to say the least. Nearly all Laker fans want the Lakers to win first and foremost. I will only root against the Heat as my first priority if the Lakers are eliminated. I would root against Boston, but I don't really think they have much of a shot. If the Lakers made it to the finals, I would want Miami to get there too just because I would like to see the Lakers beat them. Same way I wanted Boston to make it back in 2010. I rooted for Boston in the ECF last year because I knew they had no chance in the finals and I would like to see them get close and fail at the end. I also knew that if Miami made it, they would have the refs on their side the whole way...which they did. Where as Boston would not and would have lost 9 out of ten times to either OKC or San Antonio.

Boston took you to game 7. How is that having no chance? And about the Miami part.. Your a funny guy. Lakers are not even getting out of the first round unless you play SA

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Boston took you to game 7. How is that having no chance? And about the Miami part.. Your a funny guy. Lakers are not even getting out of the first round unless you play SA

The 2011 Celtics were a completely different team than the 2010 Celtics, try again.

RaiderLakersA's
04-11-2013, 12:53 PM
If the Lakers make the playoffs, he gets my MVP vote.

shep33
04-11-2013, 01:00 PM
This is why we as Laker fans love the dude.

Don't know if we realize what he just did yesterday. I'm still trying to comprehend it. 45, 8, 5, 4 blocks, 3 steals, 1 turnover in 48 minutes. People are like "he's all about the numbers", I don't think so. Even though he put up huge numbers last night, the dude is 34 years old, in his 17th season, and is averaging nearly 46 mpg in the last 6 games, and yesterday he plays the entire game on the back end of a back-to-back... I hate this season, but damn, I give this dude his due. He put in work this year. Don't care what other people think, dude had done his job and then some in trying to help this team win.

ManRam
04-11-2013, 01:02 PM
he's made it this long...he'll be fine

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-11-2013, 01:11 PM

Don't know if we realize what he just did yesterday. I'm still trying to comprehend it. 45, 8, 5, 4 blocks, 3 steals, 1 turnover in 48 minutes. People are like "he's all about the numbers", I don't think so. Even though he put up huge numbers last night, the dude is 34 years old, in his 17th season, and is averaging nearly 46 mpg in the last 6 games, and yesterday he plays the entire game on the back end of a back-to-back... I hate this season, but damn, I give this dude his due. He put in work this year. Don't care what other people think, dude had done his job and then some in trying to help this team win.

Best post in the thread.

Bruno
04-11-2013, 01:16 PM

totally.

JLynn943
04-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Pau is the real reason they're winning anyway :)

mngopher35
04-11-2013, 01:32 PM

This. You have to give this guy credit, especially for his recent play in the push for the playoffs. You can be critical of him all you want, but you have to give him credit when it is due as well (which is now). Last nights game was amazing, no matter who it was against. Kobe is passing the ball very well, scoring when its needed and the effort is there on defense recently. He is playing great basketball when his team needs it most.

Marlin234
04-11-2013, 03:34 PM
You a Lakers fan? LMAO!

The 2011 Celtics were a completely different team than the 2010 Celtics, try again.
Who is talking 2011 read the post I quoted then "try again". Good day troll.

RaiderLakersA's
04-11-2013, 04:11 PM

Well put. :clap:

DumDum
04-12-2013, 04:26 AM

this 1+

Jenceman
04-12-2013, 04:47 AM

Epic post

RaiderLakersA's
04-12-2013, 11:18 AM

Pau is finally playing to his strengths, which is what Kobe told him to do.

If Pau wasn't so damn compliant, he would have pulled a page out of Mamba's book and demanded that D'Antoni use him correctly, not try to make him Dirk Nowitzki at this stage of his career.

el hidalgo
04-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Pau is finally playing to his strengths, which is what Kobe told him to do.

If Pau wasn't so damn compliant, he would have pulled a page out of Mamba's book and demanded that D'Antoni use him correctly, not try to make him Dirk Nowitzki at this stage of his career.

:laugh2: kobe gets credit for other players playing well

sep11ie
04-12-2013, 12:06 PM
When in doubt,make a dupe.

MrfadeawayJB
04-12-2013, 12:12 PM
thats pretty obvious imo

NeverSayNevur
04-12-2013, 12:27 PM

But Lebron makes his teammates better...right.

RaiderLakersA's
04-12-2013, 10:04 PM

It has been reported on several reliable websites -- including the LA Times -- that Kobe is the one who suggested to Pau to get in the post and stay there no matter what. Even before D'Antoni arrived, Kobe was encouraging Pau to be more vocal and shed his soft image. Less Gasoft and more Black Swan. I'm not giving Kobe credit for Pau's skillset. I am giving him props for doing what ever great leader does, which is overriding the coach's game plan when it clearly isn't working.

OceanSpray
04-12-2013, 11:04 PM
This is why Kobe is the second greatest player in my book.

His resume should speak for itself.

Has the achievements.
Has the awards.
Has the personification.

He has it all. He's not as good as MJ but he sure as hell is the closest thing to it. Just amazing.. 34 years old and still dominating the game. LeBron is the better player but if Kobe retires next year, he'll be the second greatest at that point.

OceanSpray
04-12-2013, 11:04 PM
This is why Kobe is the second greatest player in my book.

His resume should speak for itself.

Has the achievements.
Has the awards.
Has the personification.

He has it all. He's not as good as MJ but he sure as hell is the closest thing to it. Just amazing.. 34 years old and still dominating the game. LeBron is the better player but if Kobe retires next year, he'll be the second greatest at that point.

NoahH
04-12-2013, 11:18 PM
He's averaging 38.5 mpg not 40 'regularly'

NoahH
04-13-2013, 02:29 AM
This thread all of a sudden became unbelievably ironic

Vinny642
04-13-2013, 02:54 AM
this

DumDum
04-13-2013, 03:16 AM
This kobe lovers thread Jinxed Kobe :3

stawka
04-13-2013, 07:13 AM
Wow, and everyone including myself thought the OP was idiotic. I take back what I thought. Best of luck to the second greatest SG of all time

mightybosstone
04-13-2013, 08:10 AM
I didn't even bother to post in this thread, because I thought it was stupid. Give OP some credit for calling his shot.

Clippersfan86
04-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Dang, crazy news. You NEVER want somebody to blow their Achilles, especially a warrior like Kobe who put everything all in whether you're a fan or not. What's worse is before this injury Lakers fans were screaming at D'Antoni to rest Kobe after he twisted his knee in the game and D'Antoni pushed him harder! Fu**ing idiot should be fired this morning.

Clippersfan86
04-13-2013, 08:33 AM
"Thoughts & prayers go out to the big homey #Kobe.. Shame they ran him into the ground.. #Damn"

Matt Barnes flat out calling out the Lakers running him into the ground.

LakerfaninKY
04-13-2013, 09:26 AM
"Thoughts & prayers go out to the big homey #Kobe.. Shame they ran him into the ground.. #Damn"

Matt Barnes flat out calling out the Lakers running him into the ground.

Barnes nailed it. This is 100% on Dantoni. Can't imagine him coaching next year after this. Regardless of what the player says, a real coach manages the minutes of the franchise player. Dantoni ran him into the ground trying to save his own job.

RLundi
04-13-2013, 09:34 AM
...good luck with that.

Irony at its finest.

GiantsSwaGG
04-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Jimmer55 is back :dance:

BBallfan8
04-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Barnes nailed it. This is 100% on Dantoni. Can't imagine him coaching next year after this. Regardless of what the player says, a real coach manages the minutes of the franchise player. Dantoni ran him into the ground trying to save his own job.

Did the same thing with Lin last year trying to save his job...

ManRam
04-13-2013, 09:56 AM
well. i was wrong.

he probably was overdue. very sad news though.

theheatles
04-13-2013, 10:01 AM
This sucks, I ****ing hate seeing injuries but there are so many funny ironic comments that were made in this thread, oh man!

RaiderLakersA's
04-13-2013, 10:05 AM
This thread all of a sudden became unbelievably ironic

Not ironic, prophetic.

Damn.

Sly Guy
04-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Wow, and everyone including myself thought the OP was idiotic. I take back what I thought. Best of luck to the second greatest SG of all time

I never did. Granted, creating a thread about it was kinda stupid, but it's not a stretch to say a long-time vet like Kobe can't play 40+mpg anymore.

dodie53
04-13-2013, 11:21 AM
sad sad day

MeSoHoarny
04-13-2013, 02:52 PM
For fear of attack from rabid Kobe fans who didn't get breastfed growing up most likely, I will refrain from taking credit for my premonition. The following is a report this morning from a surgeon.

Dr. Alan Beyer, medical director of Hoag Orthopedic Institute in Southern California, explained on Saturday morning: “It is a six-month injury at minimum before he can be back at any kind of level of performance anywhere close to where he was before. Kobe’s history has been that he has shrugged off injuries and got back a lot faster than the norm. I would venture a guess that, Kobe is an animal, he gets up at 3 in the morning when he has an injury like this one. I would guess that he would be on the short end of the recovery rather than the long end.”

Six months would be the best-case scenario for Bryant. More likely, he will be out for something in the range of 9-12 months, which means we probably won’t see Bryant until 2014.

“Some people can come back from an injury like that in six months but that’s the weekend-warrior type,” said Dr. Ken Huh, an orthopedic surgeon in Long Beach. “For someone playing at the level that Kobe plays at, you’d expect it to be nine months at minimum, and it could be as much as a year. It is not an injury you can hurry back from. His left leg is his jump leg, and that makes it even trickier—he needs explosiveness from the leg, and that is going to put a lot of pressure on it.”

“You’re at a bigger risk for injury when you’re tired,” Huh said. “Especially if you are dealing with other injuries, and he has had ankle and knee issues. You win by putting your body in situations it shouldn’t be in. When you factor in his age, he would be a prime candidate for something like this.”

dalton749
04-13-2013, 03:38 PM
You would have to chop Kobe's legs off to keep him from playing 110% in the playoffs.

set it up