PDA

View Full Version : Is the Miami HEAT still underachieving in the regular season?

beasted86
04-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Even with Miami going to the NBA Finals back to back seasons and winning, people have still talked about the 66 win Cleveland teams from 2007 - 2009 and why Miami with more talent than any of those Cavs teams couldn't win 60 games or get the best conference or NBA record, but that has changed now.

With the 27 game winning streak and Miami finally winning over 60 games to lock up the #1 overall seed, will people still talk about regular season wins and set the bar at 66 wins when it comes to LeBron James especially, and do you still think that Miami is underachieving in the regular season?

SportsFanatic10
04-10-2013, 09:51 PM
i wouldn't necessarily say underachieving. early in their time together they had no chemistry and no depth, and now that they have those things they can put up 60 win seasons. but they aren't exactly going all out for every regular season win like a team such as the bulls for example. they'll put up around 60 win seasons and if they absolutely went all out could probably get to around 68, but they are fine with a bit less as long as they are healthy and rested for the playoffs since that's what matters.

Chronz
04-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Yes, if you call massaging minutes for the sake of a title run underachieving

Nick O
04-10-2013, 10:56 PM
regular season means nothing if you win a championship .... they could win 35 games.. if they win the title then theyve achieved

OceanSpray
04-10-2013, 10:59 PM
They don't give awards out for the best regular season record.

JasonJohnHorn
04-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Anytime you win 60+ games in a season, it is unfair to suggest the team is underachieving.

Could Miami have won more games? Yes. They could have also lost more games. There were games they should have lost that they came back and won, and games they should have won that they lost. A perfect season will never happen, and a 60 win season from a team that has a gaping hole at both PG and C, is about as good as can be expected.

I think their current record is actually better than the team is. So I would say the exceeded expectations.

If OKC was playing in the east I would suggest they should get no less than 60-65 wins. They have great defence all around, a solid center (not great) and all-star PG, the second best player in the league at SF and solid role players at other positions. They don't have any 'holes' like Miami does. In the west I think OKC woudl understandably struggle to get 60 wins though.