PDA

View Full Version : Safe to say rose ain't playing this season?

Mckphins
04-10-2013, 04:36 AM
Does anyone have any confidence at all that he plays this season. Or is it done and dusted?

douglas
04-10-2013, 04:53 AM
Anything is possible as long as you believe.

Bigbadmoffo
04-10-2013, 05:37 AM
I would wait if i was rose

The goods
04-10-2013, 06:06 AM
He ain't playing this year, and if he does its because he gave in to the peer presser you can tell he doesn't want to come back this year by his interviews.

JiffyMix88
04-10-2013, 08:16 AM
He'll be back for the playoffs....why not play? I mean they could get a good rhythm and go on a tear and win a championship.

Slug3
04-10-2013, 09:35 AM
He'll be back for the playoffs....why not play? I mean they could get a good rhythm and go on a tear and win a championship.

and thats the worse part, he will be so rusty and not game ready. It will take a handful of games to get up to speed. Just cause you can make a jumper in practice doesnt mean it will be the same as in the playoffs. He he is going to come back it needed to be a week or 2 ago.

nycericanguy
04-10-2013, 09:41 AM
I don't follow CHI closely but its a strange situation.

The guy has been cleared to play for like 3 months, cleared for full 5 on 5 contact... he said theres nothing he can't do on the court... and yet he refuses to play? It's just so strange. Shump & Rubio have been out there for months already.

i always thought of Rose as such a fierce competitor... and his team went balls out and played so hard this year without him, and its almost like he's let them down now by not coming back even though he's 100%.

Captain Moroni
04-10-2013, 09:43 AM
I bet he suits up tomorrow at home v. Knicks

2-ONE-5
04-10-2013, 09:49 AM
there is no reason for him to play at this point. not enoguh to get himself back in game shape and shake the rust.

JiffyMix88
04-10-2013, 09:59 AM
and thats the worse part, he will be so rusty and not game ready. It will take a handful of games to get up to speed. Just cause you can make a jumper in practice doesnt mean it will be the same as in the playoffs. He he is going to come back it needed to be a week or 2 ago.

He's been doing full 5 on 5 practices and if you ever read about Tom's practices if he can make it in those practices rust is not something I'm worried about. I think that now because its so close to the playoffs why not have a great story you go down first game of the 2012 playoffs and your first game back is the 2013 playoffs. Seems like a good marketing promotion if you ask me.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
04-10-2013, 12:16 PM
There are a few players who could come back from a year without playing, to playing in the playoffs, and I consider Rose to be one of them. I do not question this mans drive to compete, and I am willing to support whatever decision he makes. If he feels he's ready, you can be sure he's gonna be out there, barring any managerial meddling. He has said himself that he would come back in the playoffs if he feels ready.

justinnum1
04-10-2013, 12:35 PM
He is done for the year. Especially with noah being out now too. No sense to come back if noah is out.

CHI_Fan412
04-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Safe to say, he's being a little ***** about it.

rwynyc
04-10-2013, 01:15 PM
I really wonder if there is more to this story

Slug3
04-10-2013, 01:36 PM
He's been doing full 5 on 5 practices and if you ever read about Tom's practices if he can make it in those practices rust is not something I'm worried about. I think that now because its so close to the playoffs why not have a great story you go down first game of the 2012 playoffs and your first game back is the 2013 playoffs. Seems like a good marketing promotion if you ask me.

Practice and games are not the same at all. He was going up against the 2nd unit and backups a lot as well.

JiffyMix88
04-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Practice and games are not the same at all. He was going up against the 2nd unit and backups a lot as well.

same players that beat the heat and I'm not worried about what he can/can't do conditioning seems to be what people are worried about and I'm just stating that if he can make it through a Tom practice game shape shouldn't be too far off

KingPosey
04-10-2013, 01:45 PM
This isn't an insult, but I think the dude is afraid. Has he ever had a major Injury in his whole life?

Cubsfan365
04-10-2013, 01:53 PM
This is him, earlier in the week, dunking off of the leg that had the torn ACL and surgery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWdll-aDaE

Derrick Rose is still Derrick Rose.

beasted86
04-10-2013, 01:53 PM
same players that beat the heat and I'm not worried about what he can/can't do conditioning seems to be what people are worried about and I'm just stating that if he can make it through a Tom practice game shape shouldn't be too far off

The HEAT also loss to a Wizards team without John Wall.

Practice and regular season..... and then playoffs is a world apart. Your logic doesn't stand up.

akesh99
04-10-2013, 01:55 PM
This isn't an insult, but I think the dude is afraid. Has he ever had a major Injury in his whole life?

I think so too. Especially with all the marketing campaigns about his return theres a lot of pressure on him to return and perform at a high level right away.

AddiX
04-10-2013, 01:56 PM
This is him, earlier in the week, dunking off of the leg that had the torn ACL and surgery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWdll-aDaE

Derrick Rose is still Derrick Rose.

If that was true, he would be playing.

I don't think rose will ever be the same, but that's just my opinion. It's clear he doesn't think he's ready.

JiffyMix88
04-10-2013, 02:09 PM
The HEAT also loss to a Wizards team without John Wall.

Practice and regular season..... and then playoffs is a world apart. Your logic doesn't stand up.

Didn't know the heat lost twice during their 27 game win streak? You would think more on the line and more to win for against the Bulls(against reserves with 4 notable players out) late in the year would be more important to that Heat team than losing to the Walless Wizards at the beginning of the season would play some kind of logic in your thought, but I would be wrong.

So nobody is ready for the playoffs then since everyone is still in practce and regular season mod....

And I've read about how hard the bulls practices are so that's where I get my logic that doesn't stand up to you but I doubt you read more about the Bulls than me so your logic of him not being ready doesn't stand up to me either.

I'd be willing to bet he will be back in the first game of the playoffs. So with your logic this should be an easy bet to take up on.

joeboow90
04-10-2013, 02:10 PM
He's definitely not playing this year they only have 5 or 6 games left in the regular season. It's obvious he doesn't have full confidence in his game and his explosion.

I really think he should surprise everyone and come back and start game 1 of the playoffs. Even if he only plays for 5-10 minutes I feel like his teammates would play inspired basketball and would be a hard challenge for whoever they play in the first round

Cubsfan365
04-10-2013, 02:15 PM
If that was true, he would be playing.

I don't think rose will ever be the same, but that's just my opinion. It's clear he doesn't think he's ready.

He'll be fine. They've been saying he is looking better than ever in practice. Improved shooting, an even better crossover than before, and just dominating in practice. It's just him probably not feeling completely comfortable on the knee yet.

D-Leethal
04-10-2013, 02:19 PM
If he's been this weary of playing on it for like 2 months, I highly doubt he gets the balls to test it out in live action during the playoffs when the intensity spikes even higher. I don't think hes playing this season. The Bulls viewed this as a throwaway season so why shouldn't he?

1-800-STFU
04-10-2013, 02:21 PM
I really wonder if there is more to this story

He is medically cleared and there is no way for his knee to get any stronger. He needs to play.

Theres rumors his brother is telling him to hold out playing...

AddiX
04-10-2013, 02:37 PM
He'll be fine. They've been saying he is looking better than ever in practice. Improved shooting, an even better crossover than before, and just dominating in practice. It's just him probably not feeling completely comfortable on the knee yet.

Looking better than ever, and wont even play a real game. Yeah, sure buddy...

Stinkyoutsider
04-10-2013, 02:53 PM
No, he's not coming back this year at all.

He's almost out of time this season and I think he's going to need about 6 or 7 games to get in shape and shake the rust. It's all mental with him which I understand. But for Rose, he's so concerned about his career and being able to make money, that he's not going to take a single chance out there. Shumpert had his surgery 2 or 3 weeks before Rose and he's been playing for at least 2 months now so Shumpert taking the chance and coming back worked out for him. Rose isn't ready for that kind of decision.

With all the injuries we have, I don't think we're going far in the playoffs. Even if we had a full roster, I would doubt our chances to beat Miami in a 7 game series this year. With Boozer's disappearing production in the playoffs, we would only have Rose and Nate Robinson who can create their own shots.

Slug3
04-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Didn't know the heat lost twice during their 27 game win streak? You would think more on the line and more to win for against the Bulls(against reserves with 4 notable players out) late in the year would be more important to that Heat team than losing to the Walless Wizards at the beginning of the season would play some kind of logic in your thought, but I would be wrong.

So nobody is ready for the playoffs then since everyone is still in practce and regular season mod....

And I've read about how hard the bulls practices are so that's where I get my logic that doesn't stand up to you but I doubt you read more about the Bulls than me so your logic of him not being ready doesn't stand up to me either.

I'd be willing to bet he will be back in the first game of the playoffs. So with your logic this should be an easy bet to take up on.

So I guess you would take that same Bulls team over the Heat team in the playoffs then since they beat them on their streak? Practice is not as physical as a game or even as fast paced. Rose would need a few games to get up to par with anything.

TestedWest
04-10-2013, 03:15 PM
It would be for Rose and the Bulls better interest if he did sit it out for the remainder of not only the regular season but also the playoffs. Last thing they need is another blown knee, as that will only indicate a end to a potentially great career.

KnicksorBust
04-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Shumpert is starting to show real signs of his skills from his rookie season + improved shooting. The fact that Rose is cleared from the same injury and practicing but doesn't play really is bizarre to me. All we're left to do is speculate and that makes him look worse by the day.

beasted86
04-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Teams lose games, period. Even good teams. Even good teams on 27 game win streaks. Same lesson of the Wizards beating the HEAT was learned when the Bulls beat the HEAT. It wasn't that they are actually better or more talented, its that Miami came out lazy and expected to flip a switch and takeover. They've been doing it all season long, long before the streak started. So using the fact that Chicago beat Miami and Rose plays against teammates in practice isn't a qualifier of him being ready.

I'm not going to waste any further time posting, betting, or anything else. If Rose was planning on playing he wouldn't wait until the first game of the playoffs playing on the road to try and be a distraction for his coach/team to force fit in.

PleaseBeNice
04-10-2013, 03:38 PM
I like Rose but he seems pretty mentally soft

JiffyMix88
04-10-2013, 03:47 PM
So I guess you would take that same Bulls team over the Heat team in the playoffs then since they beat them on their streak? Practice is not as physical as a game or even as fast paced. Rose would need a few games to get up to par with anything.

The **** are you talking about? All I said was the players he practices with are the same players that beat the Heat and have been beating good teams all year. Tom has some very intense practices that's probably the reason why most of the Bulls players come in and play just as well as the starters and that's why I believe Derrick will be back for the playoffs. Regardless what you think he will be as far as game shape(cause you are not him and don't know him) I'm willing to bet he will be back for the playoffs. If you really believe your logic or really don't believe mine this should be an easy bet and win for you.

PleaseBeNice
04-10-2013, 03:54 PM
I think so too. Especially with all the marketing campaigns about his return theres a lot of pressure on him to return and perform at a high level right away.

He didnt have to be in those commercials. He chose too. Put pressure on himself.

--23--
04-10-2013, 04:13 PM
If he decides to play or sit out is fine with me, he knows his body and what he's capable of better than anyone. If he feels uncomfortable going left, right or jumping off his leg...don't return, especially with the way things have been happening this season.

pd1dish
04-10-2013, 04:34 PM
after all the injuries we've had i think it is a guarantee that Rose isnt coming back this season. even before Noah, Deng, and Taj were out i didnt think he was going to come back. now its certain because even with Rose back in the lineup, the Bulls wouldnt even make it to the ECF.

we have had way too many injuries to too many key players. Rose wont be playing at his normal level when he first comes back, Noah will be dealing with his plantar fasciitis for the rest of the season, and then some other guys just having small, nagging injuries that are keeping them out of games right now.

im already kissing this season goodbye and just looking forward to having a fully healthy Rose heading into next season and the rest of the team being healthy as well.

pacofunk64
04-10-2013, 04:34 PM
At this point it would probably do them more harm then good. It would be good fro DRose to get back out there and break things in so to speak but if he were to come back he needed to come back about 10 games ago in order to be somewhat ready for playoff basketball.

SportsFanatic10
04-10-2013, 06:22 PM
the whole situation really is getting ridiculous at this point. i could see him finally giving it a go in the playoffs though.

Stunner
04-10-2013, 06:30 PM
He didnt have to be in those commercials. He chose too. Put presnsure on himself.
I'm sure he had to if its in his contract I mean they gave the man a lifetime contract .

sunsfan88
04-10-2013, 06:30 PM
I bet that if Kobe was in Ross's position, Kobe would have came back and started played about 6 months ago, even before they medically clear him.

Stunner
04-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I honestly believe he'll be back next week .

Stunner
04-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I bet that if Kobe was in Ross's position, Kobe would have came back and started played about 6 months ago, even before they medically clear him.

Yea whoever that is

TheLegend
04-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Definitely a Rose fan and love his game. But being medically cleared months ago and still not playing is bizarre somewhat. Rose was an elite athlete and the ACL recovery process is more advance than it was 10-15 years ago. Shumbert has been back playing for months now. I know he's not Rose but hes playing. There's definitely something going on with Rose and his psyche. Jordan, Kobe, and a host of other great would've been back now no doubt about it. I can't call Rose soft because of what he's done. But mentally, something is off here.

Stunner
04-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Stop comparing Shump and Rose two different types of players in terms or playing style , money worth and value. Of course Rose will would take longer because he's your franchise player . Yea it sucks Rose isn't playing know but most logical Bulls fans knew this and prepared for this before the season . He comes back when he's comes back. Ill be surprised if he comes back tomorrow but I'm holding out for the first game of the playoffs .

Ezio
04-10-2013, 09:28 PM

T. Ross got hurt?!?!?

TheLegend
04-10-2013, 09:33 PM
I understand all that. Two different players, styles, value, etc.. And rose taking longer is understood, but its a little bit more to it. Rose brother hinted to this. So is he letting his brother tell him what to do? Can u imagine Mj being medically cleared to play and still out months later? Not even possible. Not only would have Mike played but he would've dropped 50 on somebody by now. I think Rose is being swayed by his brothers and Bj, vs listening to his body and making his own decisions. If u got ppl in ur inner circle telling u what u should do, and if u look up to them then ur going to listen especially if your young. But it doesn't mean u have to let them make decisions for you. Mj would have been back in January

Cool007
04-10-2013, 10:30 PM
As a Bulls fan, I am a bit disappointed on why he is still not back but if he is back in the playoffs, then all will be forgotten and forgiven.

I miss him dearly.

Stunner
04-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Nobody knows what's going on with Rose's team it's all rumors so let's not act like we know what's going on and pass judgment. Rose Is doing what's he's thinking is best for him and the future of this team . He's earned the respect to allow him to do this .

Cal827
04-10-2013, 10:40 PM
I hope not (I'm not trying to bait). I want to see him back at full confidence. I don't want to see him force himself back and risk another injury.

There really isn't a point in forcing him back. They aren't getting out of the East, especially if it's only Deng around (since Noah is out).

TheLegend
04-10-2013, 10:52 PM
To cal8267, as good as Miami are, I wouldn't concede anything to them. U have to still play the games. IMO, the 76ers had no shot at beating the bulls until Roae went down. lbj can go down in 1st game of the playoffs just like Rose did. U never know.

BULLSFAN0810
04-11-2013, 01:59 AM
shelf him... retool for next year. the team is too weak outside of Noah and deng and butler