PDA

View Full Version : His name is Jimmy and he gets buckets

el hidalgo
04-10-2013, 02:59 AM
Knicks fans had their fun with Iman Shumpert. Boston fans had their fun with Avery Bradley. Different between them and Jimmy is that Jimmy is actually legit. All defensive studs, but Jimmy surpasses them. Those guys got overrated by their fanbase, time for Jimmy Buckets to get some love baby. This is his statline today.

48 minutes played, 10-12 FG, 3-3 from 3 point land, 5-6 from the charity stripe, 7 boards, 2 dishes, 2 steals, and 28 points. My man also threw this one down (click butler dunk link). Typical dunk from Jimmy G Buckets.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130409/TORCHI/gameinfo.html#

He is a better defender than Shump and Bradley and can guard the 2 and the 3. Giev my man some love :clap: He hasn't gotten enough recognition yet.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-10-2013, 03:00 AM
Not that hard for guys to score on the Raptors. Especially when the wing defenders are lazy/don't know how to play defend.

KniCks4LiFe
04-10-2013, 03:05 AM
Melo drops 40 on Jimmy Buckets and then he changes his name to Jimmy Steaks b/c stick a fork in his defensive rep after that game.

bbcmillionaire
04-10-2013, 03:07 AM
Not that hard for guys to score on the Raptors.
Especially when the wing defenders are lazy/don't know how to play defend.
What??? Derozan is a solid defender and Rudy is nice. The raptors will take that step the pacers took last season. You guys just need to ship bargs and maybe Amir Johnson for a lamarcus Aldridge type of player and your a top 6 team out east. But I digress... Jimmy butler is developing into something nice. If he develops a consistent jumper watch out east, that 2 guard we've been coveting isn't too far away

bbcmillionaire
04-10-2013, 03:08 AM
Melo drops 40 on Jimmy Buckets and then he changes his name to Jimmy Steaks b/c stick a fork in his defensive rep after that game.
Lol um last time I remember jimmy was really frustrating melo last time we played

SugeKnight
04-10-2013, 03:09 AM
I wonder if this makes Deng expendable. He's making over 10 mil and his production can be replaced. Maybe trade for Eric Gordon?

seikou8
04-10-2013, 03:10 AM
Knicks fans had their fun with Iman Shumpert. Boston fans had their fun with Avery Bradley. Different between them and Jimmy is that Jimmy is actually legit. All defensive studs, but Jimmy surpasses them. Those guys got overrated by their fanbase, time for Jimmy Buckets to get some love baby. This is his statline today.

48 minutes played, 10-12 FG, 3-3 from 3 point land, 5-6 from the charity stripe, 7 boards, 2 dishes, 2 steals, and 28 points. My man also threw this one down (click butler dunk link). Typical dunk from Jimmy G Buckets.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130409/TORCHI/gameinfo.html#

He is a better defender than Shump and Bradley and can guard the 2 and the 3. Giev my man some love :clap: He hasn't gotten enough recognition yet.

no he is not

KniCks4LiFe
04-10-2013, 03:10 AM
Lol um last time I remember jimmy was really frustrating melo last time we played

that's cuz' Melo 5 was playing that game. You'll see the Melo on Thursday. :cool:

Im_in_Mia_bish
04-10-2013, 03:12 AM
is this real life?

Raps18-19 Champ
04-10-2013, 03:14 AM
What??? Derozan is a solid defender and Rudy is nice. The raptors will take that step the pacers took last season. You guys just need to ship bargs and maybe Amir Johnson for a lamarcus Aldridge type of player and your a top 6 team out east. But I digress... Jimmy butler is developing into something nice. If he develops a consistent jumper watch out east, that 2 guard we've been coveting isn't too far away

Demar is far from a solid defender. Rudy Gay is as lazy as it comes.

bbcmillionaire
04-10-2013, 03:16 AM
that's cuz' Melo 5 was playing that game. You'll see the Melo on Thursday. :cool:

Lol Carmelo can't be stopped, just frustrated. But if anyone could do it, it's jimmy(and throw deng at him) jimmy has frustrated Kobe(one of Kobe's worst games this season), he also gave wade hell.

bbcmillionaire
04-10-2013, 03:17 AM
Demar is far from a solid defender. Rudy Gay is as lazy as it comes.

Lol ok boozer and jimmy for Rudy gay

Raps18-19 Champ
04-10-2013, 03:20 AM
Lol ok boozer and jimmy for Rudy gay

Boozer is paid like 3 million less to be 5 years older. Jimmy won't be more than a low-mid teen scorer in his prime.

KniCks4LiFe
04-10-2013, 03:26 AM
Lol Carmelo can't be stopped, just frustrated. But if anyone could do it, it's jimmy(and throw deng at him) jimmy has frustrated Kobe(one of Kobe's worst games this season), he also gave wade hell.

Melo wasn't at his right mind that game. What seperates Melo from Wade and Kobe right now, is not even his dribble. That's mediocore, it's his foot work, how he's using the post moves in his face up game to create that space. Kobe has that but he's older now and not on a roll like Melo. On top of that no one boxes him out when he misses so he's now going more after the boards to get his points. Which I actually like. He right now playing like Sir Charles w/ crazy foot work but way better shooter.

Butler's toast. hey.....Jimmy Toast? Eat At Jimmy's?

bbcmillionaire
04-10-2013, 03:45 AM
Melo wasn't at his right mind that game. What seperates Melo from Wade and Kobe right now, is not even his dribble. That's mediocore, it's his foot work, how he's using the post moves in his face up game to create that space. Kobe has that but he's older now and not on a roll like Melo. On top of that no one boxes him out when he misses so he's now going more after the boards to get his points. Which I actually like. He right now playing like Sir Charles w/ crazy foot work but way better shooter.

Butler's toast. hey.....Jimmy Toast? Eat At Jimmy's?
I'm a Carmelo fan, hell he's my top 3 favorites(rose #1 of course)but Melos little streak is over.
Haha jimmy toast. Funny, but lets see what happens when melo gets served from the butler, streak ends and the bulls go 4-0 against the Knicks.

HYFR
04-10-2013, 04:22 AM
He's a helluva defender man. I like his game. Does he start now?

BullsFTW
04-10-2013, 04:39 AM
no he is not

The Avery Bradley with a 8.9 PER is better than Jimmy Buckets?!

GTFO

Swashcuff
04-10-2013, 09:05 AM

DeRozan? Solid defensively? You don't know what solid D means don't you? Rudy is horrendous on that end of the floor. No surprise the Grizz D was always better when he came off the floor as compared to when he was on.

Swashcuff
04-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Butler is nice but as is the norm with any young Bulls/Knicks player, he's extremely overrated on PSD by his fanbase.

kdspurman
04-10-2013, 09:10 AM
One name not mentioned in addition to Bradley & Shump was Kawhi Leonard.

D-Leethal
04-10-2013, 09:15 AM

LMAO, I can dig it holmes.

Swashcuff
04-10-2013, 09:16 AM
One name not mentioned in addition to Bradley & Shump was Kawhi Leonard.

Because quite frankly as an all round player he's better than them bother. Defensively he's right there with them as well but I think both Bradley and Shump have a superior upside in that department.

D-Leethal
04-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Butler is nice though, definitely allows you to explore moving Deng, but I would like to see how he plays if he returns in Jan off an 8 month ACL surgery. Ease up before writing off 2 of the best young defenders in the league.

koreancabbage
04-10-2013, 09:20 AM

you don't know much do you? Derozan is probably the worst defender on the starting 5.

kdspurman
04-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Because quite frankly as an all round player he's better than them bother. Defensively he's right there with them as well but I think both Bradley and Shump have a superior upside in that department.

Yea I can agree with that, his defense is more attributed to his long arms and freakishly large hands, combined with lateral quickness. It's a defensive style that's a little different than how Shump/Bradley defend. Frankly, I'm more impressed with the evolution of his offensive game this year.

I just remember last year there was a lot of talk about the 3 of these guys, young guys who can defend really well, which is not something that is seen too often (at least right away) from wings who come in the league in recent years.

ZHawk1123
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Butler is not a better defender than Avery Bradley, and probably not even Shumpert.

He is a better scorer than both though.

beasted86
04-10-2013, 09:31 AM
He is alright, but as some have mentioned, overrated by his fan base.

Remember we are talking about a guy averaging 8 points and 4 rebounds in borderline starters minutes. Yes, he is a good defender, but if Tony Allen has similar minutes and numbers and (IMO) better defensive impact and doesn't get dedicated NBA Forum threads then I don't see what is so special about Butler.

Definitely any talk of if the Bulls should trade Deng is way premature.

CTCUBBIES
04-10-2013, 09:51 AM

Remember we are talking about a guy averaging 8 points and 4 rebounds in borderline starters minutes. Yes, he is a good defender, but if Tony Allen has similar minutes and numbers and (IMO) better defensive impact and doesn't get dedicated NBA Forum threads then I don't see what is so special about Butler.

The reason Bulls fans are excited is because he's averaging nearly 14 and 7 as a starter (I think close to 25-30 games now) and is effective playing alongside Deng. You all know we have a huge weakness at the 2G spot so it will be fun to see how Thibs divides up the minutes when Rose returns.

Other than that it is very premature but I guess if everyone had to listen to the Shumpert ridiculousness this will feel like nothing.

RipCity32
04-10-2013, 10:04 AM
I really like Butler I've been saying that all year.just can't stand that jersey he's wearing.

theheatles
04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Jimmy can be a good sixth man, but they can't get rid of Deng just yet. Deng does one of the best jobs vs LeBron. Bulls should stand pat and try to draft Tim Hardaway Jr., so Derrick can play with his future cousin-in-law.

el hidalgo
04-10-2013, 10:22 AM

He actually averages 15 points and 7 rebounds when starting. He also shoots 46% and 42% from the 3 when starting. Has been shooting 45% from 3 point land since the all start break.

29$JerZ
04-10-2013, 10:22 AM
I like Shumpert a bit more than Butler but he's a very solid player.

Skaterdude
04-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Jimmy is a fun guy to watch. He isn't the flashiest of players but he can make the occasional jaw dropping highlight reel play.

His offensive game is still raw but he can knock down the mid-range jumper and can take it to the hoop if needed. His size poses match-up problems for other 2 guards. He is a very good defender and has some above average athleticism.

Right now he is trending to be an above average NBA player but he isn't there quite yet. The good news about Jimmy is that he is an extremely hard worker and will continue to make great strides during the off-season. He is very humble about is play but is hungry to get better and wants more consistent minutes.

I would like to see a platoon of Butler and Belinelli at the 2 guard position for the Bulls next season. I like what Marco can bring offensively and what Butler can provide on the other side of the ball.

Butler is another reason why the Bulls scouting is one of the best when it comes to drafting. He was a late round pick but is showing that he has more value than expected based off of his overall draft position (see Asik, Gibson, Rose vs. Beasley, and Mirotic {if you place any stock into him} for other examples).

True Sports Fan
04-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Chandler Parsons > Jimmy Butler

seikou8
04-10-2013, 03:58 PM
The Avery Bradley with a 8.9 PER is better than Jimmy Buckets?!

GTFO

on defense no he is

Captain Moroni
04-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Butler s a good young player would love to have him. Why you cant just say that without insulting Bradley and Shumpert as garbage is what confuses me.

Iman Shumpert is also a very good young player. Finally 100% back rom injury he also had one pretty good stat line last night. The difference is that the Bulls are counting on Butler to score because their offense is awful. Iman is not counted on to score until 5 other options are exhausted. Put Shumps or Bradley on the Bulls instead of butler and both would match his stats. Why cant all 3 be good? Ridiculous.

bucketss
04-10-2013, 04:45 PM
DeRozan? Solid defensively? You don't know what solid D means don't you? Rudy is horrendous on that end of the floor. No surprise the Grizz D was always better when he came off the floor as compared to when he was on.

horrendous? i don't know about that, hes been playing really solid defense, he turned the raptors starting 5 into one of the best defensive groups.

mdm692
04-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Knicks fans are ****ing haters. I thought Lakers and Heat fans were bad but Knicks can't give anybody outside of NY props. Having a couple of winning seasons after a decade of being the Clippers of the East doesn't entitle you to walk around with a sense of accomplishment. Get to the ECF first before you talk down on anybody.

KingPosey
04-10-2013, 05:34 PM
No way is Bradley overrated. If you ask PSD Boston fans, he can be the centerpiece for any other teams franchise player. All you need to do is throw in ****ing Fab Melo from the D league and Courtney Lee and they can have anyone they like.

bbcmillionaire
04-10-2013, 05:56 PM
No way is Bradley overrated. If you ask PSD Boston fans, he can be the centerpiece for any other teams franchise player. All you need to do is throw in ****ing Fab Melo from the D league and Courtney Lee and they can have anyone they like.

Lol if you think Bradley plus role players would net you just about anybody in a trade... Then that my friend is over-rated.

KnickaBocka.44
04-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Knicks fans are ****ing haters. I thought Lakers and Heat fans were bad but Knicks can't give anybody outside of NY props. Having a couple of winning seasons after a decade of being the Clippers of the East doesn't entitle you to walk around with a sense of accomplishment. Get to the ECF first before you talk down on anybody.

What are you talking about? Most Knick fans in here just said they would probably take Shumpert over Butler. The two of them and Avery Bradley are obviously all similar players, why cant we just leave it at that?

Rndy
04-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Not saying Butler will lock down Melo because once a guy like that gets going he's very hard to stop. All I'm saying is Butler has given Melo fits over the last two years.

If anyone has actually payed attention to NYK vs Chi games they would know what I'm talking about.

mdm692
04-10-2013, 06:14 PM
What are you talking about? Most Knick fans in here just said they would probably take Shumpert over Butler. The two of them and Avery Bradley are obviously all similar players, why cant we just leave it at that?

Bragging that "Melo will drop 40" and "to stick a fork in his defensive game" is not the same as saying "I prefer Shumpert over Butler".

Lucky.
04-10-2013, 06:14 PM

Am I the only one that noticed this?

I Rock Shaqs
04-10-2013, 06:23 PM

LMAO, I'm a huge DD fan but he is no way in hell a solid defender, as well Rudy Gay has to be the laziest defender I've ever seen in my life, at least since he got to the Raptors.

I Rock Shaqs
04-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Am I the only one that noticed this?

If that happened it would be a dream come true, even know I'm in love with Amir.

c.c.
04-10-2013, 06:33 PM
He's better than Shumpert for sure but Bradly has him. Chandler Parson will out ball all three of those bums though!

DallasTrilla23
04-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Jimmy Butler can ball.

bucketss
04-10-2013, 07:12 PM
LMAO, I'm a huge DD fan but he is no way in hell a solid defender, as well Rudy Gay has to be the laziest defender I've ever seen in my life, at least since he got to the Raptors.

hes been playing lazy recently because of his back issues, and also because he has nothing to play for. but hes been a very good defender most of his time in Toronto. i remember the raptors always praising his defense saying that was one of the main things they surprised about with him.

Cool007
04-10-2013, 10:02 PM
I won't compare Jimmy with others but he is a very good young developing player.

he has been simply amazing since the all-star break playing starting role. He has also improved his 3pt shot tremendously (shooting about 46% from 3pt land since all-star break).

His defense is what is his bread and butter (amazing defender and guards 2 and 3 soooooooo well). But now that his offensive game has been taking off, that's just a bonus for Bulls.

I would say Bulls should make him a permanent starting SG that they have been looking for. They already had it in their team all along but didn't know it.

He will open up a lot of eyes in the playoffs. Just watch him play - that;s all I gotta say.

beasted86
04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
He actually averages 15 points and 7 rebounds when starting. He also shoots 46% and 42% from the 3 when starting. Has been shooting 45% from 3 point land since the all start break.

And how many starts is that? 15?

Anything less than a half season sample isn't a definitive guide to what a player's true ability is. I can post 25 game post all star starter splits from past seasons for guys like Marcus Thornton or Carl Landry that could make them look way more legit than they really were and you saw that in their next season. The same really might happen with Butler. I mean just using this season alone picking a random player, Gerald Henderson went from a 12 PPG scorer to a 19/4/3 guy on solid percentages.

Yes, I get that he is young, and his defense is definitely sustainable. Everything else is up in the air as far as I see it.

Stunner
04-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Jimmy :drool:

Stunner
04-11-2013, 10:10 PM
jimmy:
8/13 20 points 11 boards.

Melo:
10/27 24 points 15 boards.

I'll bet you ten million dollars jimmy gets talked about 1/5 as much as melo in the post game.

Stunner
04-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Are you guys impressed yet ?

KniCks4LiFe
04-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Hats off to the kid. He impressed me tonight. I haven't seen a SF play D like him since Lebron, Marion and Artest.

KniCks4LiFe
04-11-2013, 11:10 PM
He's better than Shumpert for sure but Bradly has him. Chandler Parson will out ball all three of those bums though!

Nah he better than Bradley. What I saw tonight from him, he better than Avery Bradley.

ChiCubs39
04-11-2013, 11:10 PM

Lol

justinnum1
04-11-2013, 11:13 PM

Not exactly.

:laugh:

Doogolas
04-11-2013, 11:21 PM

:laugh: 34 shots. 36 points. Jimmy sure did fail.

KniCks4LiFe
04-11-2013, 11:24 PM
Hats off to the kid. He impressed me tonight. I haven't seen a SF play D like him since Lebron, Marion and Artest.

That's my pro comment on him after tonight's game.

0nekhmer
04-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Saw him against my raptors and a couple times this season, dude is a stud in the making

Doogolas
Nah he better than Bradley. What I saw tonight from him, he better than Avery Bradley.

:) Yay.

Doogolas
That's my pro comment on him after tonight's game.

To be fair. I didn't see the thread until tonight. So I read that and laughed. So I posted my laugh. Good on you though, bro. :)

Seriously. That isn't sarcasm. I feel like it kinda sounds like it.

KniCks4LiFe
04-11-2013, 11:27 PM
To be fair. I didn't see the thread until tonight. So I read that and laughed. So I posted my laugh. Good on you though, bro. :)

I was impressed by that kid's defense. I thought Melo would destroy him in that 2nd - 3rd qtr. but the kid adjusted played the passing lane, played the pick n' roll D, disrupted the 3 pt. shooting and was hell on the board.

His fastbreak D was amazing. He stopped like 4 of them in that 3 rd qtr. alone.

Stunner
04-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Jimmy Butler:

22 points (9-15 shooting), 14 rebounds (7 offensive), 2 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks, 0 turnovers

seikou8
04-11-2013, 11:46 PM
good game he is better then I thought he can be there sf of the future and a better player than Bradley but not a better defender

bbcmillionaire
04-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Lol I told u Knicks for life. Jimmy is nice. No one player could stop melo, so we threw the whole team at him haha

Kashmir13579
04-12-2013, 12:11 AM
I wish someone other than this troll made the Butler appreciation thread, but the kid is definitely a baller.

Doogolas
04-12-2013, 12:12 AM
I wish someone other than this troll made the Butler appreciation thread, but the kid is definitely a baller.

Me too. I was very upset that he was the one who made it. Sooooo depressing. Because it's just impossible to not want to blow the thread the **** up for him having started it.

Cool007
04-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Bulls found their starting Shooting Guard of the future that they were desperately looking for all over the place. It was right there in their backyard. Kudos for Jimmy to improve his shot (shooting 47% from 3pt line since the all-star break).

Bulls just need to fill their bench (keep Nate and Taj and just fill up the rest) and Bulls would be great next year.

KniCks4LiFe
04-12-2013, 12:50 AM
kid is from Marquette too. So you know for a 1st rd. he athletic as ****.

el hidalgo
04-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Me too. I was very upset that he was the one who made it. Sooooo depressing. Because it's just impossible to not want to blow the thread the **** up for him having started it.

haters gonna hate

fin_frenzy_84
04-12-2013, 12:53 AM
good game he is better then I thought he can be there sf of the future and a better player than Bradley but not a better defender

He is a better defender than Bradley. He had a rough game against Melo tonight because Melo has been on fire lately but him and Deng did technically hold Melo 382%. Butler has not gave up many points this season at all

fin_frenzy_84
04-12-2013, 12:55 AM

Parsons is a boss lol

Doogolas
04-12-2013, 01:00 AM
He is a better defender than Bradley. He had a rough game against Melo tonight because Melo has been on fire lately but him and Deng did technically hold Melo 382%. Butler has not gave up many points this season at all

:laugh: He didn't have a "rough" game against Melo. He was amazing. Just because Melo put up 36 points doesn't mean he played well. It took him 34 shots to do it.

fin_frenzy_84
04-12-2013, 01:38 AM
:laugh: He didn't have a "rough" game against Melo. He was amazing. Just because Melo put up 36 points doesn't mean he played well. It took him 34 shots to do it.

I did say that technically Melo did shoot .382% lol

smiddy012
04-12-2013, 06:04 AM
Bulls found their starting Shooting Guard of the future that they were desperately looking for all over the place. It was right there in their backyard. Kudos for Jimmy to improve his shot (shooting 47% from 3pt line since the all-star break).

Bulls just need to fill their bench (keep Nate and Taj and just fill up the rest) and Bulls would be great next year.

Bulls just need to be healthy, and they'll be great now.

jgthegame1982
04-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Didn't the bulls just lose 2 the pistons.. 2.inconsistant

Badluck33
04-12-2013, 06:33 AM
haters gonna hate

potatoes gonna potate

72 Wins
04-12-2013, 06:52 AM

When the Bulls are missing 3-4 key players per game these days, and/or guys coming back from injuries- that's an unfortunate result. But, Bulls usually rise to the top teams and at times play down to poorer competition. Really frustrating at times...

KnicksorBust
04-12-2013, 07:21 AM
I'll admit I was impressed. I don't see him ever being an all-star but he is a phenomenal athlete and can lock it down on D. His ball handling could definitely use some work.

KnicksorBust
04-12-2013, 07:22 AM

Yeah every team has games like that. Remember when the Wizards had like 4 wins and but had wins over the Heat and Thunder? I'm really impressed that the Bulls are still a mid-seed without Rose for the entire season. Great job.

NYJ - NYY
04-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Give props to bulls and jimmy he's a stud ... Bulls in general good hard nosed team playoffs are gonna be amazing

MonroeFAN
04-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Great game for him last night.

72 Wins
04-12-2013, 11:07 AM
I'll admit I was impressed. I don't see him ever being an all-star but he is a phenomenal athlete and can lock it down on D. His ball handling could definitely use some work.

I think it's his confidence, or lack-of confidence. The few occasions he's forced to bring the ball up, he doesn't look very happy to be doing this and is hesitant/looking for someone to pass the ball too.

grayski
04-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Jimmy Butler is Scottie Pippen 2.0! Laugh now but remember where you heard it 1st! :bow:

ChitownSports16
04-12-2013, 02:14 PM

lol

HYFR
04-12-2013, 02:17 PM
I love how thibs doesn't sub him out either. **** it play 50 mins young buck

JiffyMix88
04-12-2013, 02:20 PM
I love how thibs doesn't sub him out either. **** it play 50 mins young buck

Hell yeah ****ing right!