PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't anyone calling out Kevin Love?

Tony_Starks
04-09-2013, 06:31 PM
The guy injured his hand doing Rocky Balboa push-ups. Then re-injured it. At the beginning of the season he whined about his FAT contract and threw his teammates under the bus. Including Rubio of whom he said they chose a project over a sure thing. (paraphrasing)

I can't even knock him with his knee situation, that's out of his control even though Im curious why not have the surgery sooner since his season/ Wolves season has long been finished. But dude has basically had what Kahn is calling a "lost season."

LayBraun
04-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Lost season for sure. He needs an offseason to heal and then we will see what happens next season. But I think he will come back strong and regain his status as top PF in the league. If he continues to whine about his contract and the situation in MN then it's time the Wolves just ship him away and start rebuilding yet again.

AddiX
04-09-2013, 06:40 PM
You don't need to convince me to participate in klove bashing thread!

Biggest fraud in the NBA IMO.

SlimKid
04-09-2013, 06:41 PM
The guy injured his hand doing Rocky Balboa push-ups. Then re-injured it. At the beginning of the season he whined about his FAT contract and threw his teammates under the bus. Including Rubio of whom he said they chose a project over a sure thing. (paraphrasing)

I can't even knock him with his knee situation, that's out of his control even though Im curious why not have the surgery sooner since his season/ Wolves season has long been finished. But dude has basically had what Kahn is calling a "lost season."

As a long-time Wolves fan who has been known to check-out when things get depressing (essentially every year), where did this come from?

I know your paraphrasing, but I don't remember that - maybe I missed it.

Tony_Starks
04-09-2013, 06:53 PM
As a long-time Wolves fan who has been
known to check-out when things get depressing (essentially every year), where did this come from?

I know your paraphrasing, but I don't remember that - maybe I missed it.

Just google Kevin Love Rubio comments. It was at the beginning of the season when he wanted a contract extension.

Tony_Starks
04-09-2013, 06:58 PM
You don't need to convince me to participate in klove bashing thread!

Biggest fraud in the NBA IMO.

Lol Naw I'm not bashing don't say that you're going to make Hawk close this on me. I still think he's a big time PF.

I'm just calling it like I see it. We called out Bynum for not playing this year. When Monta got injured screwing around we called him out.

It is what it is.

bucketss
04-09-2013, 06:59 PM
he sees himself as some kind of mega star, id trade his *** if i was kahn

Celticsfan2007
04-09-2013, 07:07 PM
He broke his hand doing push-ups... How is that considered his fault?

Would you prefer he be out going all Rob Gronkowski or actually trying to improve himself either on the court or in the weight room?

K Love has had a bad luck injury that he tried to come back too soon from, and now his knee is flaring up on him.

There really is no reason to bash K Love.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 07:16 PM
go to the Wolves forum if you want to see Love bashing.

Btw, I have done knuckle pushups for years. Love has been doing them, and finger pushups for 10 years. Just a freak accident.

While I am not defending Love, please tell me that a player who just came from the Olympics and played with the best young stars in the game who have all made the playoffs and gotten fat contracts isn't allowed to voice his opinion over a front office that flips rosters like candy and gives him Wes Johnson, Luke Ridnour, Darko Milicic, and Michael Beasley to start alongside?

Furthermore, explain to me why Rubio (Kahn's infatuation) is on pace to get that 5 year deal, instead of the guy, oh I don't know, who is an all NBA player and perennial all star?

Trust me, his comments and interview were not welcome, timing was bad, but his injuries have made everyone pile drive on him. Up to him to respond.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Lol Naw I'm not bashing don't say that you're going to make Hawk close this on me. I still think he's a big time PF.

I'm just calling it like I see it. We called out Bynum for not playing this year. When Monta got injured screwing around we called him out.

It is what it is.

Love's problem is his comments came at the worst time possible. If we had stayed healthy, Rubio comes back, we win 50 games, nobody would care. But everything went wrong. And we all know fans need to pin it on someone...

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 07:20 PM
he sees himself as some kind of mega star, id trade his *** if i was kahn

for what? Please give me value for Love that you think would fairly be offered right now.

If the Wolves trade Love now, it would be the worst move Kahn has made, and he already has a nice little list going.

Celticsfan2007
04-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Love's problem is his comments came at the worst time possible. If we had stayed healthy, Rubio comes back, we win 50 games, nobody would care. But everything went wrong. And we all know fans need to pin it on someone...

Bingo.

Exactly what the OP is trying to do.

As you said, Love has done nothing wrong except criticize a front office/owner who have continuously surrounded their best/star player with nothing but scrubs. (see KG's entire tenure in MIN)

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Bingo.

Exactly what the OP is trying to do.

As you said, Love has done nothing wrong except criticize a front office/owner who have continuously surrounded their best/star player with nothing but scrubs. (see KG's tenure in MIN)

and then given him a 4 year deal despite the fact that he is one of the brightest young stars in the game when healthy, knowing they are saving it for the fun to watch, says all the right things bricklayer who can pass. I love me some Rubio, but man is he quickly becoming overrated in Wolves world.

mdm692
04-09-2013, 07:28 PM

Btw, I have done knuckle pushups for years. Love has been doing them, and finger pushups for 10 years. Just a freak accident.

While I am not defending Love, please tell me that a player who just came from the Olympics and played with the best young stars in the game who have all made the playoffs and gotten fat contracts isn't allowed to voice his opinion over a front office that flips rosters like candy and gives him Wes Johnson, Luke Ridnour, Darko Milicic, and Michael Beasley to start alongside?

Furthermore, explain to me why Rubio (Kahn's infatuation) is on pace to get that 5 year deal, instead of the guy, oh I don't know, who is an all NBA player and perennial all star?

Trust me, his comments and interview were not welcome, timing was bad, but his injuries have made everyone pile drive on him. Up to him to respond.
Beas, Wes and Darko were all top 5 picks with potential and they were still young. It's not like the FO could of predicted they were all flops. If K-Love was surrounded by a group of overpaid players then you have a problem but if I'm not mistaken they all had pretty decent deals.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Beas, Wes and Darko were all top 5 picks with potential and they were still young. It's not like the FO could of predicted they were all flops. If K-Love was surrounded by a group of overpaid players then you have a problem but if I'm not mistaken they all had pretty decent deals.

good for them. They did, and do suck.

Tony_Starks
04-09-2013, 07:34 PM
The thing is you don't publicly bash your teammate, a fan favorite at that, because you're not happy with YOUR contract. That's a jerk move.

Now him bashing management is quite understandable (even though if healthy they actually had a respectable squad this year), but do we not call out other stars when they do so publicly?

Like you said the injuries were bad timing but when you look at the entirety of what has gone on with him this season he set himself up for criticism.

b@llhog24
04-09-2013, 07:34 PM
and then given him a 4 year deal despite the fact that he is one of the brightest young stars in the game when healthy, knowing they are saving it for the fun to watch, says all the right things bricklayer who can pass. I love me some Rubio, but man is he quickly becoming overrated in Wolves world.

Seriously though, how could you say no to this (http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLDcurb7M8cBEzOhk60RHFOGTmg1xh9 Hsm76DmY4p9ILoUw44D)?

:drool:

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 07:38 PM
The thing is you don't publicly bash your teammate, a fan favorite at that, because you're not happy with YOUR contract. That's a jerk move.

Now him bashing management is quite understandable (even though if healthy they actually had a respectable squad this year), but do we not call out other stars when they do so publicly?

Like you said the injuries were bad timing but when you look at the entirety of what has gone on with him this season he set himself up for criticism.

nah, I don't think he needed to say that about Rubio, even though he didn't mention a name, it was obvious who he was talking about. He also made a monumental mistake giving an interview to Wochowhateverthe****yournameis, he hates the Wolves, and it was going to be an automatic spin.

And yep, his timing was horrific. Had we stayed healthy, no problems. He was publically excited about the team, the direction, and it all went to ****.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Seriously though, how could you say no to this (http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLDcurb7M8cBEzOhk60RHFOGTmg1xh9 Hsm76DmY4p9ILoUw44D)?

:drool:

1950 called and wants its brick set shot back is why.

Rubio is so likeable, and fun to watch. But you can't form opinions of players with your heart over your head.

Give me the whiner who posts 26/14 on a PER of 25 and win shares out the *** over the guy who posts 10/8 with a PER of 15 and average impact when all is said and done.

AddiX
04-09-2013, 07:39 PM
I'd trade love, and it has nothing to do with my hate for him, it's more to do with the fact I think the wolves need to move in a different direction with Rubio and pek.

Love, Rubio and pek trio doesn't make sense to me. Find a legit scorer at either sg or pf. If you can find one at sg, replace love with someone more athletic and actually can play defense. With Rubio, pek, a legit defender next to pek, and a sg who can score, that team IMO becomes pretty damn good.

But IMO the pek, love, Rubio, trio will never be better than a 7-8 seed.

Swashcuff
04-09-2013, 07:52 PM

My god has there ever been a more solid voice of reason on this NBA Forum. I mean seriously when will other guys learn from Hawkeye15?

Blitzbolt
04-09-2013, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=LayBraun;25864416 But I think he will come back strong and regain his status as top PF in the league. [/QUOTE]

This is why I hate love so much he was never the TOP PF in the league he never won a game with meaning how could fans call him the best is beyond me.

b@llhog24
04-09-2013, 07:56 PM
1950 called and wants its brick set shot back is why.

Rubio is so likeable, and fun to watch. But you can't form opinions of players with your heart over your head.

Give me the whiner who posts 26/14 on a PER of 25 and win shares out the *** over the guy who posts 10/8 with a PER of 15 and average impact when all is said and done.

Yea, I haven't seen that MTL Knick fan guy around who was trying to assure the Nba forum that Rubio is the real MVP of the Twolves and would carry them to the playoffs.

I'd trade love, and it has nothing to do with my hate for him, it's more to do with the fact I think the wolves need to move in a different direction with Rubio and pek.

Love, Rubio and pek trio doesn't make sense to me. Find a legit scorer at either sg or pf. If you can find one at sg, replace love with someone more athletic and actually can play defense. With Rubio, pek, a legit defender next to pek, and a sg who can score, that team IMO becomes pretty damn good.

But IMO the pek, love, Rubio, trio will never be better than a 7-8 seed.

Lol so who's this great SG that Minnesota can actually trade Love for? And you're asking them to trade KEVIN freaking LOVE for a legit scoring PF? Like who?

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Yea, I haven't seen that MTL Knick fan guy around who was trying to assure the Nba forum that Rubio is the real MVP of the Twolves and would carry them to the playoffs.

Lol so who's this great SG that Minnesota can actually trade Love for? And you're asking them to trade KEVIN freaking LOVE for a legit scoring PF? Like who?

the only SG I would trade Love for is Harden. Or if Wiggins ends up being what he is supposed to be, for him at the deadline in 2015. Neither teams are doing this.

And you are wasting your time. Addix is cool, but he can't stand Love for some reason. He likes shot creators. Tried to convince me Beasley was more important to the Wolves because he can put it on the floor and create his own shot. Even if that shot is an airball, by god he created it!

ChiSox219
04-09-2013, 08:03 PM
What's crazy about Rubio is he creates so much space even though he's a guard that can't shoot. Aren't the T'wolves like .500 over the last month?

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 08:08 PM
What's crazy about Rubio is he creates so much space even though he's a guard that can't shoot. Aren't the T'wolves like .500 over the last month?

9-10 against meh competition, with Pek going berserk, and Budinger coming back. We have been down only Love, Roy, and Lee the last handful of games finally.

AddiX
04-09-2013, 08:09 PM
the only SG I would trade Love for is Harden. Or if Wiggins ends up being what he is supposed to be, for him at the deadline in 2015. Neither teams are doing this.

And you are wasting your time. Addix is cool, but he can't stand Love for some reason. He likes shot creators. Tried to convince me Beasley was more important to the Wolves because he can put it on the floor and create his own shot. Even if that shot is an airball, by god he created it!

I was wrong about Beasley, I truly thought he would reach his talent potential, but he simply will not. So what?

Truth is, you still have no one on your team that is a go to scorer, that actually has go to moves, and can score with the ball in there hand. Love is not that guy. Pek and Rubio are good building blocks.

Build around them, not the cry baby, who plays crap defense and milks points on open 3 pointers and tip ins.

Your not getting harden, forget that, trade for sg, get some picks or maybe another good player. IMO if you find a sg who can really score, and is decent next to Rubio, along with a good athletic 4 who can defend, your team becomes legit.

But there is nothing threatening about your current trio of love, Rubio, pek. There's nothing there. It will be a low seed team for years, that's it. Especially when you compare it to the other teams in the west who don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Trading love is your only chance to get legit players around Rubio, and pek, I don't know how many more years minny fans need to go through it to realize no stars are willingly coming to minny.

Denver thought it was the end of the world to trade melo to my Knicks, but itnworked out great for both teams. Teams like you guys can't try to build teams like the top big city franchises. You'll lose that game every time.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 08:09 PM
I was wrong about Beasley, I truly thought he would reach his talent potential, but he simply will not. So what?

Truth is, you still have no one on your team that is a go to scorer, that actually has go to moves, and can score with the ball in there hand. Love is not that guy. Pek and Rubio are good building blocks.

Build around them, not the cry baby, who plays crap defense and milks points on open 3 pointers and tip ins.

Your not getting harden, forget that, trade for sg, get some picks or maybe another good player. IMO if you find a sg who can really score, and is decent next to Rubio, along with a good athletic 4 who can defend, your team becomes legit.

But there is nothing threatening about your current trio of love, Rubio, pek. There's nothing there. It will be a low seed team for years, that's it. Especially when you compare it to the other teams in the west who don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Haven't we done this? Agree to disagree for the 872nd time dude, seriously.

Pakman
04-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Do wolves fans dislike love enough to trade him for Gasol?

Sota4Ever
04-09-2013, 08:14 PM
So people are actually saying that we should build around Rubio and Pek?? Wtf do people even watch Timberwolves games. Pek is what he is and what offer anything outside of that. Love can shoot outside, inside, defend better, and rebound better. They shouldn't even be in the same category.

I do think Love gets the most hate (some of which I think he rightfully deserves) but come on. Love is top PF and was plagued by freak injuries. Had he been fully healthy and putting up his average stats he would be leading us to a top 6 seed in the West. People wouldn't care about his comments but since he hasn't played that is all we have to go off of.

Also I would give Rubio the 5 year deal over Love 9 times out of 10. Purely from a business side.

Lastly nice to see Blitzbolt make a return.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 08:15 PM

no, not at all. While many Wolves fans are pile driving on him, they wouldn't accept anything short of an elite wing scorer.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 08:16 PM
So people are actually saying that we should build around Rubio and Pek?? Wtf do people even watch Timberwolves games. Pek is what he is and what offer anything outside of that. Love can shoot outside, inside, defend better, and rebound better. They shouldn't even be in the same category.

I do think Love gets the most hate (some of which I think he rightfully deserves) but come on. Love is top PF and was plagued by freak injuries. Had he been fully healthy and putting up his average stats he would be leading us to a top 6 seed in the West. People wouldn't care about his comments but since he hasn't played that is all we have to go off of.

Also I would give Rubio the 5 year deal over Love 9 times out of 10. Purely from a business side.

Lastly nice to see Blitzbolt make a return.

for a small market to succeed, the basketball side needs to be far more important.

The rest of the post, I am fine with.

Sota4Ever
04-09-2013, 08:17 PM
for a small market to succeed, the basketball side needs to be far more important.

What player excites free agents more Love or Rubio?

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 08:18 PM
What player excites free agents more Love or Rubio?

Equal. What player means more wins?

Sota4Ever
04-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Equal. What player means more wins?

You really think they are equal??

Are we talking right now or in a couple years? Because if we are talking in a few years I think it is Rubio. But if we are talking right now it is absolutely Love.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 08:23 PM
You really think they are equal??

Are we talking right now or in a couple years? Because if we are talking in a few years I think it is Rubio. But if we are talking right now it is absolutely Love.

Let me put it this way. We are not the Lakers. Using FA to build a small market team is to fill out the roster, not build it. They are equal. Wouldn't you like to go to a team that has the best PF in the game, age 24, gobbles up rebounds, stretches the defense, scores 20-26 ppg? How about the PG who looks for you, plays defense?

Both are equal. Unless you think Rubio will will take a bath in the most average shooters water and come out with that skill, while also learning throwing a pass through 12 defenders usually results in a turnover...

AddiX
04-09-2013, 08:24 PM

You could go after guys like Gordon, mayo, among others. There's guys out there.

The only way for you guys to get a roster of talent that can compete is to do sign and trades. Love is a great asset for that IMO. Players that have a choice won't go to minny, we all know that. Don't know if you noticed, but no one is rushing to minny to play with klove.

Get young players in sign and trade and build around Rubio, pek, whoever else you get. Or keep wasting your time convincing yourselves will ever be the center piece to anything more than a slightly above average team in Minnesota.

It's not going to happen.

Swashcuff
04-09-2013, 08:24 PM

Trading love is your only chance to get legit players around Rubio, and pek, I don't know how many more years minny fans need to go through it to realize no stars are willingly coming to minny.

Denver thought it was the end of the world to trade melo to my Knicks, but itnworked out great for both teams. Teams like you guys can't try to build teams like the top big city franchises. You'll lose that game every time.

And you are COMPLETELY wrong about Love. Its evident every single time you make a post with his name.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 08:25 PM
You could go after guys like Gordon, mayo, among others. There's guys out there.

The only way for you guys to get a roster of talent that can compete is to do sign and trades. Love is a great asset for that IMO. Players that have a choice won't go to minny, we all know that. Don't know if you noticed, but no one is rushing to minny to play with klove.

Get young players in sign and trade and build around Rubio, pek, whoever else you get. Or keep wasting your time convincing yourselves will ever be the center piece to anything more than a slightly above average team in Minnesota.

It's not going to happen.

for Love? omg dude.

AddiX
04-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Haven't we done this? Agree to disagree for the 872nd time dude, seriously.

If you don't want to talk about it than don't bring up my name trying to discredit me.

AddiX
04-09-2013, 08:28 PM
for Love? omg dude.

I didn't say trade love for them, I just go after them.

But yeah, you'll need to trade love at some point to get real talent for Rubio. I don't evennlike Gordon or mayo that much, but they make far more sense next to Rubio than love ever will.

No one has ever watched a minnesota game and said, "damn, love, Rubio, and pek, make such a great trio."

Instead we we all talk about them individually, why do you think that is? Cuz there good players, but a garbage trio.

Swashcuff
If you don't want to talk about it than don't bring up my name trying to discredit me.

Can you wet water?

Sota4Ever
Let me put it this way. We are not the Lakers. Using FA to build a small market team is to fill out the roster, not build it. They are equal. Wouldn't you like to go to a team that has the best PF in the game, age 24, gobbles up rebounds, stretches the defense, scores 20-26 ppg? How about the PG who looks for you, plays defense?

Both are equal. Unless you think Rubio will will take a bath in the most average shooters water and come out with that skill, while also learning throwing a pass through 12 defenders usually results in a turnover...

We will never build through free agency but with Rubio we can entice middle class free agents here. Wouldn't you like a pg that is going to get you easy looks, run with the ball, and play hard all the time. Just look at Derrick Williams and how much Rubio helps him.

Rubio is still young and learning how do we know where he is going? Did we know love was going to be able to do the things he does now when he first entered the league? Absolutely not, that is why we have to wait and see.

Sota4Ever
04-09-2013, 08:29 PM

But yeah, you'll need to trade love at some point to get real talent for Rubio. I don't evennlike Gordon or mayo that much, but they make far more sense next to Rubio than love ever will?

So you like Pek over Love? How is that even possible.. I know you hate Love but come on.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 08:30 PM

But yeah, you'll need to trade love at some point to get real talent for Rubio. I don't evennlike Gordon or mayo that much, but they make far more sense next to Rubio than love ever will?

Not to me. We need a SG badly, but even an average starter there makes us a good team unless injuries destroy us again.

Look, we don't agree about Love. In fact, most analysts, media, coaches, and players also don't agree with you. But you are entitled to your opinions, and I respect you. We don't need to agree. But imho, Love is the franchise player for the Wolves going forward. Trading him now sets them back yet again. Why bother?

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 08:31 PM
We will never build through free agency but with Rubio we can entice middle class free agents here. Wouldn't you like a pg that is going to get you easy looks, run with the ball, and play hard all the time. Just look at Derrick Williams and how much Rubio helps him.

Rubio is still young and learning how do we know where he is going? Did we know love was going to be able to do the things he does now when he first entered the league? Absolutely not, that is why we have to wait and see.

Love hadn't played professional ball and Olympic ball by that age....

I only mean, I think Rubio's impact is starting to be overrated by Wolves fans. I get it, he is fun as hell to watch, and makes insane passes. But the bottom line is, he makes absolutely nowhere near the impact Love did at the same age.

Sota4Ever
04-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Love hadn't played professional ball and Olympic ball by that age....

I only mean, I think Rubio's impact is starting to be overrated by Wolves fans. I get it, he is fun as hell to watch, and makes insane passes. But the bottom line is, he makes absolutely nowhere near the impact Love did at the same age.

We won't agree on who is more important but we will agree that we need both to do anything next year.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 08:46 PM
We won't agree on who is more important but we will agree that we need both to do anything next year.

Of course we do. But until Rubio proves he is a top 10 player in the game, the important thing is on my side.

AddiX
04-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Can you wet water?

I could wet your mother but that's impossible because she has a huge ****.

ChiSox219
04-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Of course we do. But until Rubio proves he is a top 10 player in the game, the important thing is on my side.

I think Love needs to improve his inside scoring and defense a lot before he's a top 10 player. ESPN has him #27 now but when healthy I think he's somewhere in the teens. Rubio may not rank that high now but his skill set I feel is more conducive to team success but either way you need both.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 09:01 PM
I think Love needs to improve his inside scoring and defense a lot before he's a top 10 player. ESPN has him #27 now but when healthy I think he's somewhere in the teens. Rubio may not rank that high now but his skill set I feel is more conducive to team success but either way you need both.

I think you underrate Love personally, but he was 2nd team all NBA last year, has already set a franchise record for rpg, and ppg.

And yes, I think you need both, but Rubio needs to improve his scoring, or his upside if just flat out limited, unless you put bad ***** around him. I don't have any confidence the Wolves FO is capable of that.

The espn ranking, who cares?

Swashcuff
04-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I could wet your mother but that's impossible because she has a huge ****.

Kevin Love approves of this message

AddiX
04-09-2013, 09:05 PM
So you like Pek over Love? How is that even possible.. I know you hate Love but come on.

Pek is more valuable IMO because he's a pretty legit defender in the paint. He makes love expendable because he can grab boards too IMO. Although it would be nice if pek could actually catch passes on the move. That def hurts his value, especially next to Rubio.

Blitzbolt
04-09-2013, 09:07 PM
No one calls Love out anymore because he is nothing now he was nothing then I feel sorry for Minny fans Love was a statbooster and Rubio plays like a girl.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Pek is more valuable IMO because he's a pretty legit defender in the paint. He makes love expendable because he can grab boards too IMO. Although it would be nice if pek could actually catch passes on the move. That def hurts his value, especially next to Rubio.

well, you don't understand stats, nor watch the Wolves. At least we got that settled.

AddiX
04-09-2013, 09:12 PM
well, you don't understand stats, nor watch the Wolves. At least we got that settled.

If the only way I could defend love was through picking through advanced stats than I guess I would do the same.

Truth is, he has no go to moves, can't score with the ball in his hands, horrible on defense, NO free agents are rushing to play with him (why is that)? he's unhappy there, and is your top trade asset.

IMO its a no brainer, trade him while you can, or go through more seasons with an offseason talking about maybe winning the 8th seed just to fall short again.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 09:14 PM
If the only way I could defend love was through picking through advanced stats than I guess I would do the same.

Truth is, he has no go to moves, can't score with the ball in his hands, horrible on defense, NO free agents are rushing to play with him (why is that)? he's unhappy there, and is your top trade asset.

IMO its a no brainer, trade him while you can, or go through more seasons with an offseason talking about maybe winning the 8th seed just to fall short again.

I don't need advanced stats to tell you that you have no clue what you are talking about, but whatever dude. I mean, he just falls into 26 a night on elite efficiency, of course he has no clue how to score, right? Rebound fall in his lap...

Thank god you are not the Wolves GM.

ChiSox219
04-09-2013, 09:20 PM
I think you underrate Love personally, but he was 2nd team all NBA last year, has already set a franchise record for rpg, and ppg.

And yes, I think you need both, but Rubio needs to improve his scoring, or his upside if just flat out limited, unless you put bad ***** around him. I don't have any confidence the Wolves FO is capable of that.

The espn ranking, who cares?

Here we are five-ish years later still arguing about the impact of T'Wolves PFs ;) (that's an Al Jefferson reference if you don't remember one of our earliest arguments)

We've been through the Love thing too many times now so we just gotta let that play out, I really do hope and Love continues to get better I do actually really like his game. Rubio has that Kidd type of playmaking ability and is already an elite defender in a league that is as PG dominant as ever before. Just off those two things I think he's going to be playing at a high level for a decade plus with his teammates benefiting along the way. Just the way Rubio affects Williams has me confident in Rubio's future ability to orchestrate winning teams even if he isn't surrounded by super stars.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Here we are five-ish years later still arguing about the impact of T'Wolves PFs ;) (that's an Al Jefferson reference if you don't remember one of our earliest arguments)

We've been through the Love thing too many times now so we just gotta let that play out, I really do hope and Love continues to get better I do actually really like his game. Rubio has that Kidd type of playmaking ability and is already an elite defender in a league that is as PG dominant as ever before. Just off those two things I think he's going to be playing at a high level for a decade plus with his teammates benefiting along the way. Just the way Rubio affects Williams has me confident in Rubio's future ability to orchestrate winning teams even if he isn't surrounded by super stars.

I will leave it at this. Can you please tell me that any of the players Love has been given, or coaches before last year, have been condusive to winning games? I mean, he was gifted turmoil, and garbage until last year, when the team was in the playoffs, and then everyone got hurt.

AddiX
04-09-2013, 09:25 PM
I don't need advanced stats to tell you that you have no clue what you are talking about, but whatever dude. I mean, he just falls into 26 a night on elite efficiency, of course he has no clue how to score, right? Rebound fall in his lap...

Thank god you are not the Wolves GM.

Yeah unlike your current gm I wouldn't of wasted my time chasing free agents I had no chance getting just to make a "splash" by signing Brandon Roy to a 2 year deal.

I also wouldn't of signed love to short contract along with not giving pek an extension. Where are you if you lose pek? Right back where you started. Thank god you signed kirilenko and budinger though!

ChiSox219
04-09-2013, 09:30 PM
I will leave it at this. Can you please tell me that any of the players Love has been given, or coaches before last year, have been condusive to winning games? I mean, he was gifted turmoil, and garbage until last year, when the team was in the playoffs, and then everyone got hurt.

I'm not blaming him for the team's struggles, there's a lot of reasons for that. I just would rather build around Rubio's skill set and then try to replace what Love brings rather than vice versa if the scenario was I had to choose one.

Hawkeye15
04-09-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm not blaming him for the team's struggles, there's a lot of reasons for that. I just would rather build around Rubio's skill set and then try to replace what Love brings rather than vice versa if the scenario was I had to choose one.

I would rather build around the better player myself. And I don't mean that as a criticism to you personally.

JasonJohnHorn
04-09-2013, 09:41 PM
I never heard the comments about throwing his team under the bus or about Rubio. I heard him say it's frustrating when there are constantly new guys around.

As fro the push ups, I know a lot of guys that do those kind of push ups. It's not about show boating or showing off. It's a legit injury. No reason to get upset with a guy for getting injured while working out. It's not like he signed a contract not to ride motorcycles and then got injured riding a motorcycle or something.

AS for the knee injury... haven't heard anything about the cause.

Kevin Love seems like a genuinely good guy and a hard worker who is developing. His comments about his contract are reasonable. A lot of teams would have been more generous given what he has been able to do. I mean, we are talking about a league that is giving max contracts to guys who come off the bench and haven't even made an all-star appearance, let alone lead the league in rebounding.

I understand how some Minny fans woudl be frustrated with this season, but at the same time, it is not on persons fault. They started the season with the injury bug and it hasn't let up. It's impacted a lot of players on this team.

Vinny642
04-09-2013, 10:07 PM

Marc Gasol I assume...?

ChiSox219
04-09-2013, 10:57 PM
I would rather build around the better player myself. And I don't mean that as a criticism to you personally.

How you feel about Love for Eric Gordon/Ryan Anderson

Vinny642
04-09-2013, 11:03 PM

I hate the trade if I am the Hornets..

Jenceman
04-09-2013, 11:22 PM
I hate the trade if I am the Hornets..

Seriously?

You'd have to be ****ing stupid or insane to not do that trade from the Hornet's perspective

Vinny642
04-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Seriously?

You'd have to be ****ing stupid or insane to not do that trade from the Hornet's perspective

Why? We lose TWO key players for one player... Love would have the same type of role as Anderson... with more rebounding.... people like to talk about Gordon's injuries, but its the same thing for Love, a bunch of unrelated injuries that caused the player to miss a good amount of time

Swashcuff
04-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Why? We lose TWO key players for one player... Love would have the same type of role as Anderson... with more rebounding.... people like to talk about Gordon's injuries, but its the same thing for Love, a bunch of unrelated injuries that caused the player to miss a good amount of time

Except for the fact that Love is way less injury prone and relies muchhhhhh less on his athleticism. If you think Love's role would be similar to that of Anderson's then you're probably not watching enough Timberwolves basketball.

Kevin Love is better than them both and gives what what could be the most potent and complementary front line in the NBA. That's actually a good move for a team on the up and up.

Vinny642
04-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Except for the fact that Love is way less injury prone and relies muchhhhhh less on his athleticism. If you think Love's role would be similar to that of Anderson's then you're probably not watching enough Timberwolves basketball.

Kevin Love is better than them both and gives what what could be the most potent and complementary front line in the NBA. That's actually a good move for a team on the up and up.

Actually Love isnt way less anything.... what evidence do you have to say he is less injury prone? Gordon had 2 significant injuries, cool, but so did Love, but Love had them in the same year...

Im a Love supporter too, I love the dude, he can ball, but we are already weak at the G position, losing someone as good as Gordon would definitely hurt, and Anderson is still pretty good too and both are very young

Da Knicks
04-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Becoming overrated!!!!

Swashcuff
04-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Actually Love isnt way less anything.... what evidence do you have to say he is less injury prone? Gordon had 2 significant injuries, cool, but so did Love, but Love had them in the same year...

Because of the frequency in which he has picked up different injuries and the likeliness of them reoccurring? Bruised shoulder, strained groin, sprained big toe, wrist fracture (acted up again this season), mysterious reoccurring knee injury. Between these injuries he's already missed 151 career games due to injury Love has missed 96 and counting most of which related to one injury in which he sustained this season.

Im a Love supporter too, I love the dude, he can ball, but we are already weak at the G position, losing someone as good as Gordon would definitely hurt, and Anderson is still pretty good too and both are very young

Love is also their age (the all came in in the same draft class) but the difference is he has already proven that he can be a top 15 or so player in the NBA. This year's FA class is rich with SGs and you guys have already to learn to play without Gordon for his time in New Orleans. Love wouldn't only make Vasquez better but same for Davis as well.

Vinny642
04-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Because of the frequency in which he has picked up different injuries and the likeliness of them reoccurring? Bruised shoulder, strained groin, sprained big toe, wrist fracture (acted up again this season), mysterious reoccurring knee injury. Between these injuries he's already missed 151 career games due to injury Love has missed 96 and counting most of which related to one injury in which he sustained this season.

Love is also their age (the all came in in the same draft class) but the difference is he has already proven that he can be a top 15 or so player in the NBA. This year's FA class is rich with SGs and you guys have already to learn to play without Gordon for his time in New Orleans. Love wouldn't only make Vasquez better but same for Davis as well.

None of Gordon's previous injuries have came back though.... other than the knee which honestly I think is fine, the others never played a significant part again...

And now with Love's knee injury, that will play a big role considering he is a big man, and knee injuries and big men dont work well together.

And yeah I know he is young too, but he isn't a needed player, having Anderson come off the bench allows Davis to play PF while Lopez is the C....

And we are good at SG with Gordon, he is still good for 20 a game, and he is a good defensive player, of course he has lapses, but who doesn't, Kobe does all the time... And depending on where we pick this draft, could help further this argument, if we can pick Noels, I would love Noels...

AddiX
04-10-2013, 12:21 AM

If I'm the twolves I couldn't ask for a better trade.

Swashcuff
04-10-2013, 12:30 AM
None of Gordon's previous injuries have came back though.... other than the knee which honestly I think is fine, the others never played a significant part again...

The shoulder, groin and wrist injuries have all came back.

And now with Love's knee injury, that will play a big role considering he is a big man, and knee injuries and big men dont work well together.

Knee injuries don't work well with anyone but in this case it doesn't seem to be anything major. Just to remove a build up of scar tissue, not the type of injury that would plagued you throughout your career.

And yeah I know he is young too, but he isn't a needed player, having Anderson come off the bench allows Davis to play PF while Lopez is the C....

And that right there is the kicker. There will however come a time where Davis will be logging much more minutes at the C (where he's been more productive this season) if Anderson is going to be productive. Why not make that move full time. Honestly admittedly haven't watch enough of Davis since he's been in the NBA to put together a well informed opinion of how he'd fair as a full time C but I do believe defensively he has the tools to be as impactful as any big man in the game on that end of the floor.

And we are good at SG with Gordon, he is still good for 20 a game, and he is a good defensive player, of course he has lapses, but who doesn't, Kobe does all the time... And depending on where we pick this draft, could help further this argument, if we can pick Noels, I would love Noels...

If you guys can somehow grab someone like Oladipo (who has the tools to be better defensively than Eric and is longer as well) it can give you guys some flexibility at the two guard if you are indeed going to look into trading away Gordon.

sep11ie
04-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Tony Starks is one of those posters that LOVES bashing other teams. She hears little things and blows them out of proportion. She won't talk about her own teams many flaws and problems so this is what she does. This is Tony Starks.

Vinny642
04-10-2013, 12:36 AM
The shoulder, groin and wrist injuries have all came back.

Knee injuries don't work well with anyone but in this case it doesn't seem to be anything major. Just to remove a build up of scar tissue, not the type of injury that would plagued you throughout your career.

And that right there is the kicker. There will however come a time where Davis will be logging much more minutes at the C (where he's been more productive this season) if Anderson is going to be productive. Why not make that move full time. Honestly admittedly haven't watch enough of Davis since he's been in the NBA to put together a well informed opinion of how he'd fair as a full time C but I do believe defensively he has the tools to be as impactful as any big man in the game on that end of the floor.

If you guys can somehow grab someone like Oladipo (who has the tools to be better defensively than Eric and is longer as well) it can give you guys some flexibility at the two guard if you are indeed going to look into trading away Gordon.

Those injuries never played a significant part again though....

And if we have Noels, we can either let Lopez go, or put him on the bench and let Smith go... I wouldnt want Love or Davis playing C for an extended period of time, we will see in the offseason for Davis tho because he still has to bulk up which he hasnt had time to do since college, since he did the Olympics and then the season... maybe he can log a good amount of minutes at C but as of right now, I am happy with Gordon and Answerson

John Walls Era
04-10-2013, 01:46 AM
How many more years are they going to give him in Minni? 4? 6? 10?

He doesn't get called out because his team always sucks. Hes a good player, but people were calling him the best PF in the league (statistically they have a case), but he doesn't elevate his team to another level.

Sota4Ever
04-10-2013, 02:37 AM
How many more years are they going to give him in Minni? 4? 6? 10?

He doesn't get called out because his team always sucks. Hes a good player, but people were calling him the best PF in the league (statistically they have a case), but he doesn't elevate his team to another level.

**** can only be elevated so much. You can do your best to make the best out of it but it is still just ****..

John Walls Era
04-10-2013, 02:51 AM
**** can only be elevated so much. You can do your best to make the best out of it but it is still just ****..

Fire Khan. I've been saying that forever. But Minnesota fans keep believing in him. He can't draft (high ottery picks are the easiest to make... you can throw a dart blindfolded onto pics of high ranked prospects and have a good team in 5 years), he can't make good trades (traded Al Jefferson to a rival team for chump change) and he can't sign anyone (thats not entirely his fault). His best move was hiring Adelman, which is just sad.

Wolves are clearly not **** anymore. If he doesn't get them to 40 wins, he has to shoulder the blame. They have Pekovic and some decent shooters around him. They will probably get another lotto pick as well.

Tony_Starks
04-10-2013, 02:53 AM
I wouldn't go so far as saying trade Love but if I had to choose who's more preferable to play with/ build around I'd easily say Rubio. It's a much easier sell to play alongside someone who's going to get everyone involved and is exciting as opposed to someone who at least in some circles is seen as strictly a "stat guy." Also Rubio thus far has been far more marketable nationally.

That being said I wouldn't trade him unless he keeps making a big deal about the contract situation and it starts to drag out. If that starts to happen I would sell high rather than drag the team through all that drama.

Sota4Ever
04-10-2013, 02:55 AM
Fire Khan. I've been saying that forever. But Minnesota fans keep believing in him. He can't draft (high ottery picks are the easiest to make... you can throw a dart blindfolded onto pics of high ranked prospects and have a good team in 5 years), he can't make good trades (traded Al Jefferson to a rival team for chump change) and he can't sign anyone (thats not entirely his fault). His best move was hiring Adelman, which is just sad.

Wolves are clearly not **** anymore. If he doesn't get them to 40 wins, he has to shoulder the blame. They have Pekovic and some decent shooters around him. They will probably get another lotto pick as well.

Kahn can trade and is great at figuring out the cap situation and setting us up to try and make runs at free agents. His drafting is bad I will give you that but I like him. If we can just get someone to help him with drafting he would be perfect.

Of course this team isn't ****. That is why most of us Wolves fans were excited for the season to start. Most of us expected a top 6 seed in the West. This was suppose to be our year with AK, Rubio, Love, Pek, and Bud. If we can't win 40 games next year with a healthy team and everyone back then absolutely Love and Rubio should get ripped to shreds.

John Walls Era
04-10-2013, 02:59 AM
I wouldn't go so far as saying trade Love but if I had to choose who's more preferable to play with/ build around I'd easily say Rubio. It's a much easier sell to play alongside someone who's going to get everyone involved and is exciting as opposed to someone who at least in some circles is seen as strictly a "stat guy." Also Rubio thus far has been far more marketable nationally.

That being said I wouldn't trade him unless he keeps making a big deal about the contract situation and it starts to drag out. If that starts to happen I would sell high rather than drag the team through all that drama.

I'm still taking Love, though I don't like Rubio (nothing against Minni, this is way before his time in the NBA). Love is a 20-10 machine. A PF who can play outside and to some degree the mid-post. All I would need is a defensive big (Asik/Pekovic type or a shot blocker --- won't need a superstar C). Any starting PG in the league right now. And then wings who can lock down on D (occasionally hit a shot).

The team won't win a championship, but after a few drafts the team could make a run in the playoffs.

John Walls Era
04-10-2013, 03:00 AM
Kahn can trade and is great at figuring out the cap situation and setting us up to try and make runs at free agents. His drafting is bad I will give you that but I like him. If we can just get someone to help him with drafting he would be perfect.

Of course this team isn't ****. That is why most of us Wolves fans were excited for the season to start. Most of us expected a top 6 seed in the West. This was suppose to be our year with AK, Rubio, Love, Pek, and Bud. If we can't win 40 games next year with a healthy team and everyone back then absolutely Love and Rubio should get ripped to shreds.

What trades?

Cap Situation is easy to figure out. The team accountant would easily have those numbers available.

BullsFTW
04-10-2013, 04:13 AM
Three Way Deal

Bulls Get: Love
Wolves Get: Tyreke, Mirotic, CHA Pick from CHI
Kings Get: Deng

JiffyMix88
04-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Break your hand doing push-ups and people cry about it as if he broke his hand in a potato chip bag while sitting on the coach. Oh it's not like he didn't try and come back even before his hand healed completely and rebreaks it and because of a lost season because of injuries you got to blame something he "said" about managements decision making to why he isn't a franchise player?

How about this injuries did the wolves in before the season started and only got worse once the season started. If you don't like the guy because of what he said about Rubio then you should of voiced your opinion in there. Why even make a thread about him at this point anyways?

Hawkeye15
04-10-2013, 10:36 AM

not with Gordon's knee issues. If he was healthy, I would strongly consider it, I think it would be a perfect fit.

Hawkeye15
04-10-2013, 10:37 AM

a broken hand is far less serious than having the knee issues Gordon has.

Hawkeye15
04-10-2013, 10:39 AM

Slow your roll. Check the Wolves board. Many have soured immensely on Kahn, myself included.

Hawkeye15
04-10-2013, 10:40 AM

the same guy who went 1-23 in the last two games...

I love me some Rubio, but he is not a franchise player. Not even close at this point.

ChiSox219
04-10-2013, 10:57 AM

I love me some Rubio, but he is not a franchise player. Not even close at this point.

Bulls will take him off your hands for say, Deng or Butler, Teague, and the Bobcats pick...

LakersIn5
04-10-2013, 11:01 AM
klove they hate you. please go to the lakers in 2014

tr3ymill3r
04-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Just wait, he will look great in a Houston Rockets uniform.

koreancabbage
04-10-2013, 11:36 AM
why call him out when he's an overrated player in the NBA?

he's not a superstar and will probably never lead his team to the NBA finals. He's obviously not a good leader as well. He needs to look at himself and set an example of what it takes to be a winner

Nats_vcu-Okc35
04-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Hahahahahahaha was he at all wrong what he said about KAHN? Yeah I'll give you bad timing, (months ago, by the way, not like this was yesterday) but Kahn is known to be one of THE WORST executives in the NBA! If you thought that "rant" was directed at his teammates, you weren't reading them how I was.

Anybody injury-bashing someone over working out can take their irrational argument elsewhere. I'd rather someone who cares too much than too little every time. Injuries are freak and can happen to anyone, and I can't see a more legit reason than training for your profession.

The reason Bynum got so much heat was that he was bowling, a liesure activity that stresses his known to be bad knees, while injured, as opposed to Love who reinjured his hand IN-GAME. When he was in, he averaged 10+ boards with another legit rebounder next to him, and was taking so many 3s because he was trying to limit exposure of a hand that was still injured.

You can call out Kevin Love. I'm gonna call out KAAAAAHHHHHNNNNN!

Hawkeye15
04-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Bulls will take him off your hands for say, Deng or Butler, Teague, and the Bobcats pick...

Trust me, I think Rubio is a huge part of the future success. Not crapping on him, just pointing out that the kid needs so badly to become even a slightly below average scorer if he is going to fulfill the expectations of Wolves nation...

AddiX
04-10-2013, 01:01 PM

Wow, never thought I'd hear you say those words. I've been saying this since before he entered the league.

But I don't think love is the kind of guy you build around either. And is a trade asset that should be explored st this point. I think it's easier to find good fits around pek and Rubio. I don't see that with love.

beasted86
04-10-2013, 01:48 PM
I've always thought Love was overrated by many.

If I were the Wolves I would trade Love now while his value is super high. I would try to rape the Warriors and get David Lee and Harrison Barnes for Love.

JAZZNC
04-10-2013, 02:10 PM

I agree completely. You know what sells tickets better than anything? Wins. People seem to forget that. Like when the Bobcats kept drafting UNC players or the "popular" college player that year b/c North Carolina is a college basketball state. Nobody cares b/c you still suck. The basketball side of operations should be the most important in any market but places like Minny, Utah, SA, winning is pretty much everything to being a successful franchise.

slyone_nyc
04-10-2013, 02:45 PM
i'll take Kevin Love any day of the week... he got injured in a freak accident, he wasn't doing anything wreckless... he came back waaaayyy ahead of schedule because he wanted to get out there and help his team... he reinjured his hand and was still working his butt of to comeback before the end of the season. the wolves were plagued by injuries the entire season, at least you guys get a good draft pick and your young players gained some experience... just hope and pray your FO doesn't screw up in this years draft... KLove is a walking double, double and the best rebounder in the league, why bash him for one injury plagued season?

slyone_nyc
04-10-2013, 02:50 PM
you guys must have forgotten, YOU GOT KEVIN LOVE FOR RANDY FKN FOYE!!! PIPE DOWN ON YOUR BASHING AND BE THANKFUL..

slyone_nyc
04-10-2013, 02:53 PM
umm??? what has he had to work with year in and year out??? rookie who didn't pan out... second year players??? who ''wins'' under those circumstances???

slyone_nyc
04-10-2013, 02:56 PM
hahahahahahaha was he at all wrong what he said about kahn? Yeah i'll give you bad timing, (months ago, by the way, not like this was yesterday) but kahn is known to be one of the worst executives in the nba! If you thought that "rant" was directed at his teammates, you weren't reading them how i was.

Anybody injury-bashing someone over working out can take their irrational argument elsewhere. I'd rather someone who cares too much than too little every time. Injuries are freak and can happen to anyone, and i can't see a more legit reason than training for your profession.

The reason bynum got so much heat was that he was bowling, a liesure activity that stresses his known to be bad knees, while injured, as opposed to love who reinjured his hand in-game. When he was in, he averaged 10+ boards with another legit rebounder next to him, and was taking so many 3s because he was trying to limit exposure of a hand that was still injured.

You can call out kevin love. I'm gonna call out kaaaaahhhhhnnnnn!

this

Stinkyoutsider
04-10-2013, 03:18 PM
I think the reason he needs to be called out is because of his ego...

He's a good player but I still don't think he's a max player. I just don't like his inability to defend. That and his inability to create his own shot consistently.

BullsFTW
04-10-2013, 07:43 PM
If Love becomes available, it will be in the Summer of 2014 at the earliest. But I think if he is not extended and show signs of leaving Minnesota, I'm looking at the 2015 trade deadline in which Love will be moved.

Hawkeye15
04-10-2013, 07:44 PM
If Love becomes available, it will be in the Summer of 2014 at the earliest. But I think if he is not extended and show signs of leaving Minnesota, I'm looking at the 2015 trade deadline in which Love will be moved.

correct.

c.c.
04-10-2013, 10:55 PM

With that NBA Finals logo on it!

SouthSideRookie
04-10-2013, 11:04 PM

He sure would. Big K Love fan here.

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/3683/lovemorey.gif

Vinny642
04-10-2013, 11:27 PM
a broken hand is far less serious than having the knee issues Gordon has.

But KLove also has some type of knee issue, not the same as Gordon but can develop into worse problems.

Hawkeye15
04-10-2013, 11:47 PM
But KLove also has some type of knee issue, not the same as Gordon but can develop into worse problems.

not similar at all.