PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Wallace has lost his confidence

kdspurman
04-08-2013, 05:00 PM
ďMy confidence is totally gone,Ē Wallace told The New York Post Saturday. ďI'm just at the point now ... I'm in a situation where I feel like if I miss, I'm going to get pulled out of the game, you know what I'm saying? So my whole concept is just that you can't come out of the game if you're not missing shots.

Wallace is shooting just 14.9 from 3 since the All-Star break (7-of-47) and only 19.4 percent on shots more than 10 feet out. On the season, his overall numbers are OK -- 40 percent from the field, 29 percent from 3 -- but they've only held up because he shot the ball well early in the season.

Always liked Crash. Hopefully he can get some sort of rhythm back when it matters most.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22031236/gerald-wallace-my-confidence-is-totally-gone

29$JerZ
04-08-2013, 05:05 PM
He's one of my favorite Bobcats, it really sucks to see the shell of himself.

BigBlueCrew
04-08-2013, 05:09 PM
awwwwww poor baby you think for 9 million dollars someone can put a boot up his *** and he can regain that confidence?

nycericanguy
04-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Surprised to hear him say that he thinks he's lost the confidence of his teammates... kinda throwing them under the bus a bit there.

I think everyone besides Billy King though knew this guy was on the decline... crazy that he still has 3 years and $30m left.

CavsYanksDuke
04-08-2013, 05:13 PM
awwwwww poor baby you think for 9 million dollars someone can put a boot up his *** and he can regain that confidence?

Such a tough guy^. LMAO, Gerald Wallace would literally destroy you.

GiantsSwaGG
04-08-2013, 05:19 PM
The Nets ruined him

Hawkeye15
04-08-2013, 05:30 PM
That trade was bad to begin with, and it just keeps getting worse. Extending him was compounding the mistake of then re-signing him for that money was even worse.

DoMeFavors
04-08-2013, 05:32 PM
People blowing up every quote they see like its some big deal, lol. You people look for every little thing you can its hilarious.
Its just funny and sad at this point to see you guys make stories out of stuff like this.

sep11ie
04-08-2013, 05:50 PM
I like GForce. Thought he was gonna be a Rocket at one point. I'm sure he'll turn it around. At least he brings other things to the table.

Hawkeye15
04-08-2013, 05:53 PM
People blowing up every quote they see like its some big deal, lol. You people look for every little thing you can its hilarious.
Its just funny and sad at this point to see you guys make stories out of stuff like this.

He literally said he has lost his confidence, and he is having his worst season since he was a young pup.

29$JerZ
04-08-2013, 06:11 PM
He literally said he has lost his confidence, and he is having his worst season since he was a young pup.

She can't read

sep11ie
04-08-2013, 06:15 PM
She can't read

Somebody wheel her by the burn unit, cause she just got toasted.

KingPosey
04-08-2013, 06:20 PM
With that lineup and the type of player he is, it had to be hard to understand your role.

I hope he just focuses on his good D and great rebounding, that will lead to some easy buckets for him IMO

DoMeFavors
04-08-2013, 06:32 PM

I hear these kind of quotes after every post game by someone, this thread is just your guys way of finding anything you can. I love it tho do what you guys do.
Ive lost no confidence in him, and he probably said it in a blow it off kind of fashion or even a sarcastic way. Think of it whatever you want this news it nothing to even talk about. But coming from this site people jump on it.

KnickaBocka.44
04-08-2013, 06:32 PM
He needs to see a shrink or something.

With his role and all the other ways he is capable of having a positive impact on his team, he shouldnt be worrying about his J.

kdspurman
04-08-2013, 06:38 PM
I hear these kind of quotes after every post game by someone, this thread is just your guys way of finding anything you can. I love it tho do what you guys do.
Ive lost no confidence in him, and he probably said it in a blow it off kind of fashion or even a sarcastic way. Think of it whatever you want this news it nothing to even talk about. But coming from this site people jump on it.

Find me a quote like that where a guy says he lost his confidence and is scared to miss or he might get pulled out the game.

I opened the thread without any malicious intent to Nets or Nets fans. I actually like the Nets and Crash like I said earlier.... What people say in it is another thing that I can't control.

But yea, I'd like to hear similar quotes to these if you got em..

JOhnnyTHaJet
04-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Blame the coach as well as our lack of PF.

Gerald benefits big time from fast breaks and spacing, The two things we're literally the worst at. Since we play at such a slow pace he loses the ability to run out for alley oops or break down the defense and pass out to an open shooter.

Reggie kills our spacing and PJ simply doesnt know how to set up a consistent lineup rotation. I think he'll be a better player next season when we (hopefully) fix our coaching problem as well as starting PF.

BigBlueCrew
04-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Blame the coach as well as our lack of PF.

Gerald benefits big time from fast breaks and spacing, The two things we're literally the worst at. Since we play at such a slow pace he loses the ability to run out for alley oops or break down the defense and pass out to an open shooter.

Reggie kills our spacing and PJ simply doesnt know how to set up a consistent lineup rotation. I think he'll be a better player next season when we (hopefully) fix our coaching problem as well as no starting PF.

noooooo...you dont say! :laugh: :pity:

KingPosey
04-08-2013, 06:43 PM
He's not the only player that the coaches have messed with when they struggle imo

Chronz
04-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Declining Athletic based game FTW

Chronz
04-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Find me a quote like that where I guy says he lost his confidence and is scared to miss or he might get pulled out the game.

I opened the thread without any malicious intent to Nets or Nets fans. I actually like the Nets and Crash like I said earlier.... What people say in it is another thing that I can't control.

But yea, I'd like to hear similar quotes to these if you got em..

Hes not a fan of factual reporting

JOhnnyTHaJet
04-08-2013, 07:00 PM
noooooo...you dont say! :laugh: :pity:

You really don't know what you're talking about. He talks about having fear of being taken out at any moment and not fitting in properly (essentially being used wrong), how is that NOT a translation of the coach doing a sub-par job?

Granted he's getting older, but flashes of the old crash have been shown when we've had spacing/ increased our pace.

dtmagnet
04-08-2013, 07:09 PM
You really don't know what you're talking about. He talks about having fear of being taken out at any moment and not fitting in properly (essentially being used wrong), how is that NOT a translation of the coach doing a sub-par job?

Granted he's getting older, but flashes of the old crash have been shown when we've had spacing/ increased our pace.

He was agreeing with you...

BigBlueCrew
04-08-2013, 07:10 PM

No I really do....

He could perhaps try to shoot better. But he was a declining shooter year over year in the first place. As for being taken out of the game when Gerald Wallace is struggling. What do you want PJ to do? When you look at Wallace vs PJ, which one of them is guaranteed to come back next year?!?!?! Yeah thats right Wallace is! So for the most part PJ is just saving his *** as best he can and who can blame him. Wallace has been in the league for 11 years now, grow up.

GiantsSwaGG
04-08-2013, 07:13 PM

:facepalm: he was agreeing with you

Hawkeye15
04-08-2013, 07:36 PM

He literally said those words dude. And to deny he has been garbage this season compared to the artist formerly known as Crash is the hilarious part.

Hawkeye15
04-08-2013, 07:37 PM

seriously. It wasn't a shocker this was coming..

Sadds The Gr8
04-08-2013, 07:42 PM

this

kinglebreezy
04-08-2013, 07:45 PM
i cant believe how far his shooting percentage has went in the toilet.
can't say that I watch a ton of nets games, is he still a plus player defensively?

Hawkeye15
04-08-2013, 07:46 PM
i cant believe how far his shooting percentage has went in the toilet.
can't say that I watch a ton of nets games, is he still a plus player defensively?

He is a plus player defensively, but yeah, his athletic ability is way down, hence his game.

kinglebreezy
04-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Do the Nets still have their amnesty available?

JOhnnyTHaJet
04-08-2013, 07:51 PM
He was agreeing with you...

:facepalm: he was agreeing with you
Ah..My mistake.

No I really do....

He could perhaps try to shoot better. But he was a declining shooter year over year in the first place. As for being taken out of the game when Gerald Wallace is struggling. What do you want PJ to do? When you look at Wallace vs PJ, which one of them is guaranteed to come back next year?!?!?! Yeah thats right Wallace is! So for the most part PJ is just saving his *** as best he can and who can blame him. Wallace has been in the league for 11 years now, grow up.
PJ has been so inconsistent with Gerald this year. Sometimes he'll play 35 minutes, the next he'll play 20 and sit out the entire 4th. Now while a portion of this is is poor play its also PJ's inability to form a lineup that makes sense. You never know when youre going to get pulled so this results in him being hesitant on shots, questioning his ability, etc etc. A few players have also complained about such this year with PJ

All I'm getting at here is this team doesnt highlight Geralds abilities well enough, thus he losing his "confidence". The man can still play, I'm hoping we become a quicker team next year for the benefit of him and the team.

JOhnnyTHaJet
04-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Do the Nets still have their amnesty available?

No, but it wouldnt matter. That rule is for players signed before the rule came into place, not after.

kinglebreezy
04-08-2013, 07:55 PM
No, but it wouldnt matter. That rule is for players signed before the rule came into place, not after.

oh for real? i honestly had no idea. i doubt they could even trade him for any value at this point. he has declined FAST

D-Leethal
04-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Poor guy.

29$JerZ
04-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Poor guy.

Deron Williams essentially made him rich.

D-Leethal
04-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Deron Williams essentially made him rich.

for all the flack Melo gets for forcing us to trade a bunch of nice pieces, DWill held the Nets hostage and forced them into giving Wallace 40 mill and trading for Joe Johnson and his 80M.

:facepalm:

kinglebreezy
04-08-2013, 08:54 PM
lol remember when johnson's contract was "untradeable?"
silly divas

Stunner
04-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Naw don't regain your confidence so the Bulls can best you guys In the first

Stunner
04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Draft Day : http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a6q5dhe

JOhnnyTHaJet
04-08-2013, 09:05 PM
for all the flack Melo gets for forcing us to trade a bunch of nice pieces, DWill held the Nets hostage and forced them into giving Wallace 40 mill and trading for Joe Johnson and his 80M.

:facepalm:

"Hostage"? No, he just wanted to play with attractive pieces and not run into the situation he was in the prior year. It's not like he detailed out how much Wallace should get paid...

sportscrazed
04-08-2013, 09:12 PM
I find it shocking and absurd that some Net fans would dismiss this quote like its nothing...

Tony_Starks
04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
It's not his fault. PJ yanks him all the time and keeps him on a short leash. Screws up your game.

I saw the same thing happen with Matt Barnes last year with Mike Brown. He would snatch him whenever he missed a open shot. Then he goes to Clippers where he gets freedom and he's putting up some of the best numbers of his career.

DoMeFavors
04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
He literally said those words dude. And to deny he has been garbage this season compared to the artist formerly known as Crash is the hilarious part.

he is no longer the 1st or 2nd or even 3rd option he is like 4th he has to adjust. He will get there. Bobcats he was the best player man. You guys live in a society now where you look at all the negatives and blow them up, instead of looking at the positive defensive and passing force he has been. He can still dunk it aswell.

sventhedog
04-08-2013, 09:22 PM
give PJ a break. the side effects of being choked last for a very long time.

29$JerZ
04-08-2013, 09:25 PM
he is no longer the 1st or 2nd or even 3rd option he is like 4th he has to adjust. He will get there. Bobcats he was the best player man. You guys live in a society now where you look at all the negatives and blow them up, instead of looking at the positive defensive and passing force he has been. He can still dunk it aswell.

Keep living in a delusional world.
This is his worse season since his year prior to being drafted by the Bobcats and admitted he is lost.
He's regressing and its very sad to see for any Crash fan.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 09:26 PM
And of course Deron being the douchebag leader he's always been... responded this morning with "He needs to stop talking about his problems and making excuses for them" paraphrased.

29$JerZ
04-08-2013, 09:27 PM
"Hostage"? No, he just wanted to play with attractive pieces and not run into the situation he was in the prior year. It's not like he detailed out how much Wallace should get paid...

He didn't held them hostage but the effects of his choice to stay a Net have been pretty bad.
Only starts to play like a star until recently and basically made Brooklyn to pick an over the hill Crash instead of a great lottery pick player to put around him.

Hawkeye15
04-08-2013, 10:09 PM

Stop grouping everyone. Fact is, Wallace is in a sharp decline, which any knowledgeable fan saw coming, his game was always based on athleticism, not skill. Couple the fact that he thinks his coach pulls him on a miss, what do you expect?

Horrific trade, possibly even worse re-sign, and now the Nets get to deal with it. You need to learn to deal with it as well.

lamzoka
04-08-2013, 10:38 PM

it easier to blame the coach, than just accepting that he's on decline and the team is not that good.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Always liked Crash. Hopefully he can get some sort of rhythm back when it matters most.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22031236/gerald-wallace-my-confidence-is-totally-gone

:mad: If only we traded ronron for him when the rumors were going around. He would have been a stud for us.

NoahH
04-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Gerald Wallace is ****, washed-up and old.

JerseyPalahniuk
04-09-2013, 05:16 PM
And of course Deron being the douchebag leader he's always been... responded this morning with "He needs to stop talking about his problems and making excuses for them" paraphrased.

Not at all man. He actually compared Wallace's situation to his own pre-All star break when his shots weren't going down.

He needs to stop talking about it, just like I had to stop talking about my injuries and my shooting with you guys," D-Will said after practice on Monday at PNY Center. As reported by Josh Newman of SNY, Williams added, ďIt just weighs on you. You come in every day and you gotta hear about why youíre missing shots, itís gonna start creeping in your head. Thatís why I donít talk about my injuries and I donít like to talk about shooting with you guys and thatís why I feel like he shouldnít either

JerseyPalahniuk
04-09-2013, 05:19 PM
As for the quote itself, you can definitely see that in his game now. I have confidence in him getting his stride back in the playoffs as he is built for that type of intensity - maybe not the shooting but his impact on the court.

I didn't mind the trade for him as it eventually led to to Dwill signing but his CONTRACT was idiotic. I wouldn't have cared if it was a 2 year 20 million but FOUR YEARS. As Chronz said earlier, an athletic game (CRASH) like his was bound to decline sooner than later.

kdspurman
04-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Glad to see him have a nice game yesterday, looked like they tried to get him involved early on in the game.

DoMeFavors
04-21-2013, 03:57 PM
lol this thread and the comments are hilarious like that poll

javsvt
04-22-2013, 07:50 AM
I bet Lebron is scared of Gerald! He is afraid that he will get hurt playing against him, freakin Crash is a clumsy player who is gonna hurt someone. Miami is hoping that Chicago wins, or else Crash is taking his two left feet to south beach for the 2nd round.

ewing
04-22-2013, 09:13 AM

He should get pulled for taking 3 threes regardless

yanksrock
04-22-2013, 09:38 AM
He didn't held them hostage but the effects of his choice to stay a Net have been pretty bad.
Only starts to play like a star until recently and basically made Brooklyn to pick an over the hill Crash instead of a great lottery pick player to put around him.

If I'm not mistaken Portland selected Damian Lillard with that pick. Yeah great trade.

ewing
04-22-2013, 09:43 AM
Wallace is a career 31% shooter from downtown. Dude needs to move the ball or get closer.

D-Leethal
04-22-2013, 09:46 AM
DMF got banned?

javsvt
04-22-2013, 10:35 AM
DMF got banned?

There are couple of others I'd rather have banned before DMF? That's pretty sad, LOL.