PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Crawford's incredible memory

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Anybody ever hear this guy's interviews? Never forgets a damn thing. Last interview he was able to name all 16 head coaches he's had in the NBA in about 30 seconds without help. His knowledge of the game is off the charts. In this interview he names every defender who guarded him in his biggest games, dating back a decade. If you like Crawford look up his other true hoop interviews from a week or two ago. He talks about everything from the creation of his "Shake and Bake" etc.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9147347

ManningToTyree
04-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Clippers Forum, where all of your threads should go.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 02:47 PM

What's allowed in the general forum? It was a good interview, enjoy.

ManningToTyree
04-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Stuff that is of general interest. Unless you are an enormous Crawford fan or a Clipper fan nobody cares about this.

Crawford is a favorite of mine and I still don't care.

Seguin
04-08-2013, 02:51 PM
If you don't think it's nba forum worthy, simply enough, don't click on it

JoeBlessU
04-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Nice to see an NBA player with some intelligence.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Stuff that is of general interest. Unless you are an enormous Crawford fan or a Clipper fan nobody cares about this.

Ever hear of an opinion? That's what your post is. Individual to every person. Let's go over some of the topics on page one.

1. Lakers don't make playoffs.

2. Brandon Jennings done in Milwaukee.

3. Are Knicks a threat?

4. Who has Lebron made better?

5. Honorable to tank?

6. Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks cap situation.

7. NBA online Xbox 360 association

8. Nikola Mirotic

I mean comon bro. Don't act like this one isn't within the same realm of just random basketball chat. Some will be interested, some won't. Which is why you have a choice to read the title and decide if you want to not only come in here but post. Only maybe 2 topics on page one are truly generic and not specific to a team.

Besides a lot of NBA fans love Jamal's game so I thought they might like this.

TheNumber37
what if he new the durst 100 digits of PI? is that thread worthy?

grkmaster
I think this is nba forum worthy. Its something i wouldnt have come accross if in the clippers forum. we have all these threads on kobe, lebron and such and yet a non star gets a thread and it gets bashed .. smh and also let the mods determine whats worthy and not comment that it doesnt belong here..

Anyways, I loved Jamal when he was in NY and this is pretty cool. How come is he not a better defender if he has such a great memory!?

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 02:59 PM
I think this is nba forum worthy. Its something i wouldnt have come accross if in the clippers forum. we have all these threads on kobe, lebron and such and yet a non star gets a thread and it gets bashed .. smh and also let the mods determine whats worthy and not comment that it doesnt belong here..

Anyways, I loved Jamal when he was in NY and this is pretty cool. How come is he not a better defender if he has such a great memory!?

Spot on. Kobe, Lebron and Durant threads are allowed to be spammed but if it's a lesser player it's "Why don't you post in your team forum"? No clue about being a better defender but I know in his interviews he's so freaking intelligent and his memory is off the charts. Reminds me of Kobe in the sense that on the court people might say he's low IQ when in actuality he's a basketball genius if you hear him talk.

JoeBlessU
04-08-2013, 03:00 PM

I dont see the correlation b/w a good memory and strong defense in basketball lol. Lebron has no memory and you see how good he is at both ends.

SMH!
04-08-2013, 03:02 PM

Are you the NBA forum police?

xRipCity
04-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Yes and he also has a pet bird named Lucy, he likes Cinnamon Toast Crunch, his grandfather's friend had one arm and he's the only player ever to step on the halfcourt line 17 times in one game.

-Tim Kurkjian

This information just becomes pointless after awhile

rocket
04-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Clippers forum.

This isn't Miami or Knicks related.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Yes and he also has a pet bird named Lucy, he likes Cinnamon Toast Crunch, his grandfather's friend had one arm and he's the only player ever to step on the halfcourt line 17 times in one game.

-Tim Kurkjian

This information just becomes pointless after awhile

It's an interview, not some random fact sheet LMAO. Good try though, A+ for effort to make a point and fail miserably.

xRipCity
04-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Not seeing where I failed. Did you fail in saying I failed? :eyebrow:

FAILCEPTION.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Not seeing where I failed. Did you fail in saying I failed? :eyebrow:

FAILCEPTION.

Failtastic. :shrug:

72 Wins
04-08-2013, 03:13 PM
He's actually quite eloquent in interviews. Just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

ztilzer31
04-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Are you the NBA forum police?

Forreal. I guess we have to make sure it's okay with him before a thread is posted.

xRipCity
04-08-2013, 03:15 PM
I failed for saying you failed in saying I failed but now you say I failed when originally you failed. :phew::win:

Super.
04-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Honestly, I think that's pretty ****ing cool.

grkmaster
04-08-2013, 03:32 PM
[/B]

I dont see the correlation b/w a good memory and strong defense in basketball lol. Lebron has no memory and you see how good he is at both ends.

Spot on. Kobe, Lebron and Durant threads are allowed to be spammed but if it's a lesser player it's "Why don't you post in your team forum"? No clue about being a better defender but I know in his interviews he's so freaking intelligent and his memory is off the charts. Reminds me of Kobe in the sense that on the court people might say he's low IQ when in actuality he's a basketball genius if you hear him talk.

Remembering where to go on Defense, how a opposing player plays and how to stop him... lol .. am i reaching?

Faneik
04-08-2013, 03:33 PM

I liked the video.

Glad it was posted here, if it was in the Clippers forum for sure I would have missed it.

Like someone said, if it doesn't interest you, don't reply, just move on.

xRipCity
04-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Why do you think teams watch video? Players have certain patterns to their game. Defender moves left foot up, player A jab steps right and pulls up left, etc.

These guys play 82 games a season, night in and night out, their playing styles can be systematic and reptitive

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
I liked the video.

Glad it was posted here, if it was in the Clippers forum for sure I would have missed it.

Like someone said, if it doesn't interest you, don't reply, just move on.

Yea... Clippers forum is a bit slow here. Good Clippers fans here but not particularly active and as you said, I was sure it would be missed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/56068/truehoop-tv-jamal-crawford

Other super good, insightful interviews from him recently. He says he created the Shake N Bake out of fear when Doug Christie would guard him. In part 2 he breaks down Chris Paul's yelling and leadership and talks about what it's like playing with a vocal guy like him. Some general questions he answers regarding other teams too. Enjoy man.

Chronz
04-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Clippers forum.

Yea

Cmon OP, you should know the General Forum is only for LAL/NYK/MIA related ish......

As for the vid, pretty funny that MJ took pride in Jamal torching the Wizards

2-ONE-5
04-08-2013, 03:45 PM
def gonna check this out. glad it was put in the NBA forum otherwise i would have never known about it. you get shunned it you dont post about NY, LA, or Miami

Chronz
04-08-2013, 03:48 PM
I wonder how much longer Jamal can play at his current level, its amazing to think hes like 32 or something

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 03:52 PM
I wonder how much longer Jamal can play at his current level, its amazing to think hes like 32 or something

33 but I agree. He's been amazing and a true joy to have on this team. Maybe his most consistent year? I feel like at most he has a few subpar games but then bounces back strong. Like going into ASW he was in a 3 or 4 game slump but coming out of ASW for 5 games before his injury he was putting up 20+ ppg on 55 percent shooting from 2 and 3. I'm glad we have him for another two years after this.

xxplayerxx23
04-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Clippers forum.

Or lakers, this guy knows what he's talking about.

mike_noodles
04-08-2013, 04:26 PM
How dare somebody talk about a well traveled NBA player in the NBA forum? Blasphemous!!!

But seriously. That's pretty wicked. Would love to have a round of Jeopardy with the man.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 04:29 PM
How dare somebody talk about a well traveled NBA player in the NBA forum? Blasphemous!!!

But seriously. That's pretty wicked. Would love to have a round of Jeopardy with the man.

:laugh2::up:

ThunderousDemon
04-08-2013, 04:40 PM
:jumpy:

CavsYanksDuke
04-08-2013, 04:51 PM
I don't care about this thread, but I'll totally click on it and post that nobody wants to post in it. That'll make me THE COOLEST.

GunFactor187
04-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Maybe it's an eidetic memory?

Faneik
04-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Yea... Clippers forum is a bit slow here. Good Clippers fans here but not particularly active and as you said, I was sure it would be missed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/56068/truehoop-tv-jamal-crawford

Other super good, insightful interviews from him recently. He says he created the Shake N Bake out of fear when Doug Christie would guard him. In part 2 he breaks down Chris Paul's yelling and leadership and talks about what it's like playing with a vocal guy like him. Some general questions he answers regarding other teams too. Enjoy man.

cool stuff

AlexTmz2
04-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Ever hear of an opinion? That's what your post is. Individual to every person. Let's go over some of the topics on page one.

3. Are Knicks a threat?

5. Honorable to tank?

8. Nikola Mirotic

I mean comon bro. Don't act like this one isn't within the same realm of just random basketball chat. Some will be interested, some won't. Which is why you have a choice to read the title and decide if you want to not only come in here but post. Only maybe 2 topics on page one are truly generic and not specific to a team.

Well said. :clap:

sunsfan88
04-08-2013, 06:44 PM
I like Crawford a lot. Guy has the sickest looking cross over in the league.

blahblahyoutoo
04-08-2013, 07:32 PM
stupid Q for crawford. any serious fan would be able to answer this question just by the team and era.

effen5
04-08-2013, 07:39 PM
You know, the Nba forum might be tolerable if they gave the Knicks heat and lakers in one forum and separate it from the nba forum

John Walls Era
04-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Anybody ever hear this guy's interviews? Never forgets a damn thing. Last interview he was able to name all 16 head coaches he's had in the NBA in about 30 seconds without help. His knowledge of the game is off the charts. In this interview he names every defender who guarded him in his biggest games, dating back a decade. If you like Crawford look up his other true hoop interviews from a week or two ago. He talks about everything from the creation of his "Shake and Bake" etc.

Thats like naming all the teachers you've had in University or HS.... easy.

I'm sorry but his memory is about average. Naming people you torched in games where you get 40 pts (he named 8 guys) is also easy. If this is incredible, then half the world has photographic memory.

kinglebreezy
04-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Sometimes I wonder if he remembers how to pass. lol

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 08:51 PM

I'm sorry but his memory is about average. Naming people you torched in games where you get 40 pts (he named 8 guys) is also easy. If this is incredible, then half the world has photographic memory.

He doesn't name 8 guys. He names 2-3 guys from each team that took turns on him. So in actuality he named 20 ish and that was without having to think on it too much.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 08:51 PM

He doesn't name 8 guys. He names 2-3 guys from each team that took turns on him. So in actuality he named 20 ish and that was without having to think on it too much.

Swashcuff
04-08-2013, 09:03 PM

3. Are Knicks a threat?

5. Honorable to tank?

8. Nikola Mirotic

You do realize that the issue isn't the fact that this thread really doesn't need to be in the NBA Forum but rather that you ALWAYSSSSSSSS post Clippers related stuff in the forum and have an extra homerific view to them than most, that's what annoys the masses on the forum. We get it you're a Clipper fan but don't act surprised when people call you out for your threads not being NBA Forum worthy because even if they are 99% of the time its Clipper related.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2013, 09:16 PM
You do realize that the issue isn't the fact that this thread really doesn't need to be in the NBA Forum but rather that you ALWAYSSSSSSSS post Clippers related stuff in the forum and have an extra homerific view to them than most, that's what annoys the masses on the forum. We get it you're a Clipper fan but don't act surprised when people call you out for your threads not being NBA Forum worthy because even if they are 99% of the time its Clipper related.

You're entitled to your opinion but regardless of if that was true or not, it's irrelevant to this thread. If me saying Crawford is a high IQ guy off the court is "homerific" too bad. Because that's the main opinion I gave, not some drawn out analysis with a bias viewpoint.

My one Clippers thread every few weeks can't be as bad as 5 new Heat/Lakers/Knicks threads per day from each of those fanbases. In other words... suck it up.

Cracka2HI!
04-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Pretty cool stuff. As for the Clippers forum debate...there isn't much of a Clippers forum and plenty of people were interested in this topic. That pretty much makes it a good thread. The OP has been posting topics like this in the NBA forum for quite a while and has never had one closed or moved. That should tell you something. It used to annoy me too but quite frankly I enjoy talking Clippers basketball and a lot of the topics are very good. To say the OP is a "homer" really couldn't be further from the truth. Plenty of his threads are bashing the Clippers. Hell post in a GT with him when we're playing bad. I've never seen someone call his own team out so hard.

Chronz
04-08-2013, 11:50 PM

13 years removed from HS, your going to remember ALL of them? Then I must have ****** memory

Then again, its alot easier to remember things you love (like 40pt games) or make you money.

I know I was remembering PG's and SG's from the years KA mentioned.

Chronz
04-08-2013, 11:55 PM
So this would be an NBA forum quality type thread if another fan made it?

obie
04-09-2013, 12:11 AM
JC has been one of my favorite players since his Knick days. he's a unique baller

ThaDubs
04-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Clippers are part of the NBA and therefore Clippers threads should be aloud in the NBA forums.

Clippersfan86
04-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Pretty cool stuff. As for the Clippers forum debate...there isn't much of a Clippers forum and plenty of people were interested in this topic. That pretty much makes it a good thread. The OP has been posting topics like this in the NBA forum for quite a while and has never had one closed or moved. That should tell you something. It used to annoy me too but quite frankly I enjoy talking Clippers basketball and a lot of the topics are very good. To say the OP is a "homer" really couldn't be further from the truth. Plenty of his threads are bashing the Clippers. Hell post in a GT with him when we're playing bad. I've never seen someone call his own team out so hard.

I laughed at this. You used to be more annoyed at me basically hyping up or boasting up the Clippers and now you get more annoyed when I go off on them after bad games. :cheers:

Swashcuff
04-09-2013, 03:47 AM
So this would be an NBA forum quality type thread if another fan made it?

No if it wasn't the same poster posting basically the same sort of posts EVERYTIME you wouldn't have anyone coming in here stating that it should not be in this forum. That was evident from the immediate replies in which he receives from almost every thread that he makes.

I have no beef with the thread all I simply did was point out the reason as to why posters were saying what they did. If I made this thread I would not receive such a response but the OP has annoyed the forum in the past with a Clipper related agenda so you really can't expect others to be very positive to the Clipper threads in which he creates now every if he isn't going homer as a mother******.

2-ONE-5
04-09-2013, 07:04 AM
[QUOTE=John Walls Era;25855534]Thats like naming all the teachers you've had in University or HS.... easy.

I'm sorry but his memory is about average. Naming people you torched in games where you get 40 pts (he named 8 guys) is also easy. If this is incredible, then half the world has photographic memory.[/

no its not even remotely close to the same thing. people just love to hate in this forum its unreal

koreancabbage
04-09-2013, 09:28 AM

doesn't mean he knows basketball. he just has an incredible memory. just nitpicking lol

BklynKnicks3
04-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Greatest handle of all time and my fav player is JC.

Jabears85
04-09-2013, 10:54 AM

Mannn ur such a bias NY Fan like all NY fans. Just cuz YOU dont like it doesnt mean everyone else wont. I think thats pretty cool and thanks for posting (and i hate the clippers) its pretty interesting and great interview. Its obvious your a little booty sore cuz the teams that hand the Knicks an @$$ whippings are getting a little attention in the GF

Chronz
04-09-2013, 11:04 AM
No if it wasn't the same poster posting basically the same sort of posts EVERYTIME you wouldn't have anyone coming in here stating that it should not be in this forum. That was evident from the immediate replies in which he receives from almost every thread that he makes.

I have no beef with the thread all I simply did was point out the reason as to why posters were saying what they did. If I made this thread I would not receive such a response but the OP has annoyed the forum in the past with a Clipper related agenda so you really can't expect others to be very positive to the Clipper threads in which he creates now every if he isn't going homer as a mother******.
Doesn't make the whining any better.

I have no beef with the thread and I prolly dislike CN more than you do, I just dont see the need to say this should go in the extinct Clippers board just because of its author.

If hes not showing a blatant disregard for the site rules, then I think people should stop complaining and simply stop replying.

ManningToTyree
04-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Mannn ur such a bias NY Fan like all NY fans. Just cuz YOU dont like it doesnt mean everyone else wont. I think thats pretty cool and thanks for posting (and i hate the clippers) its pretty interesting and great interview. Its obvious your a little booty sore cuz the teams that hand the Knicks an @$$ whippings are getting a little attention in the GF

It's obvious huh? lol. I have no problem with the Clippers and like I said I'm a Crawford fan. It's just that all of his threads are centered around the Clippers. Which is fine, but that is why there are team forums. Obviously the Mods don't see a problem with this one so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Clippersfan86
04-09-2013, 11:34 AM
It's obvious huh? lol. I have no problem with the Clippers and like I said I'm a Crawford fan. It's just that all of his threads are centered around the Clippers. Which is fine, but that is why there are team forums. Obviously the Mods don't see a problem with this one so I'll keep my mouth shut.

A lot of my threads I make are actually non Clipper related. Check my post history. I'd wager at least 40 percent aren't Clipper related TBH. The few Clippers ones I made this year I try to bump and add to them rather than make a bunch of new ones. Primarily the "Clippers aren't contenders" and the "Blake Griffin's defense ones.

Anyways I've worked on toning it down anyways so no reason for people to hold petty, personal grudges against my more recent posts. Those of you that I've attacked in some way, I'm sure I've apologized to already and tried to make peace with it. Love talking ball, not here to mess with people.

ManningToTyree
04-09-2013, 11:37 AM

this is more along the lines of what I SHOULD have said. Its not this thread in particular that's a problem.

ManningToTyree
04-09-2013, 11:42 AM
A lot of my threads I make are actually non Clipper related. Check my post history. I'd wager at least 40 percent aren't Clipper related TBH. The few Clippers ones I made this year I try to bump and add to them rather than make a bunch of new ones. Primarily the "Clippers aren't contenders" and the "Blake Griffin's defense ones.

Anyways I've worked on toning it down anyways so no reason for people to hold petty, personal grudges against my more recent posts. Those of you that I've attacked in some way, I'm sure I've apologized to already and tried to make peace with it. Love talking ball, not here to mess with people.

Cool man. I hold no grudges against you, just would like to see more variety in your thread topics.

John Walls Era
04-09-2013, 12:34 PM
13 years removed from HS, your going to remember ALL of them? Then I must have ****** memory

Then again, its alot easier to remember things you love (like 40pt games) or make you money.

I know I was remembering PG's and SG's from the years KA mentioned.

Pretty much. People always underrate their own memories. Memorizing people is easy.

Rentzias
04-09-2013, 12:41 PM

Speed of the recall of coaches is what was impressive, and no, I couldn't name all my teachers/professors, you probably count spilled toothpicks too, definitely, definitely.

The players he torched? Not THAT impressive. You essentially have to recall the general roster of a team, and then narrow it down to starting PG, SG and occasionally throw in a SF. You dropped points on the Heat, I wonder who that was on... etc.

Chronz
04-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Pretty much. People always underrate their own memories. Memorizing people is easy.
Disagree, I dont remember most of my teachers. I only remember the ones I loved/loathed

Chronz
04-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Speed of the recall of coaches is what was impressive, and no, I couldn't name all my teachers/professors, you probably count spilled toothpicks too, definitely, definitely.

The players he torched? Not THAT impressive. You essentially have to recall the general roster of a team, and then narrow it down to starting PG, SG and occasionally throw in a SF. You dropped points on the Heat, I wonder who that was on... etc.
Bingo. I was doing the same thing while he was being asked the questions and came up with pretty much the same players. I dont think its the same as comparing coaches and teachers, but I do think it would be easier to remember the coaches. But yes, the speed of recall was pretty good.

NeverSayNevur
04-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Pretty cool vid. But you'd think players would remember most vivdly the times when they were the most prolific more than anything else.

Clippersfan86
04-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Maybe I'm more impressed because I have a terrible memory. It's weird... I never forget a face but can't remember day to day things. Like I'll run into people from 15 years ago and they will be shocked I remember them (not family or friends, just people I met once or twice). Wish I could control where memory is allocated.

Chronz
04-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Its not that your memory is terrible, its that your selectively ignoring aspects of life you dont find very relevant.
Like when I forget my neighbors name, I see him every other day but it always comes down to 2 choices, Dan or David. Its sad in its own way, just not to me. I can recall alot of other random moments of my life.

Clippersfan86
04-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Its not that your memory is terrible, its that your selectively ignoring aspects of life you dont find very relevant.
Like when I forget my neighbors name, I see him every other day but it always comes down to 2 choices, Dan or David. Its sad in its own way, just not to me. I can recall alot of other random moments of my life.

Oh okay. May have to do with my terrible attention span as well? Like you said I never forget things like which movie I'm looking forward to next summer or anything like that haha. I mean I can remember the most random things like you do.. but can't remember simple things like to take the trash out. Wonder if you can train your mind to remember things more.