PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Evans has tooth knocked out, places it at broadcast table and keeps playing.

Clippersfan86
04-07-2013, 12:45 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/07/reggie-evans-has-his-tooth-knocked-out-keeps-playing-then-places-it-in-front-of-broadcaster-video/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Like a boss! Love this guy to death. Toughest player in the NBA, no question. "Grizzly tamer" aka "Zbo ball and chain"

KnicksorBust
04-07-2013, 12:56 PM
:laugh:

Reggie Evans is a tough guy but how is this clip even close to him being a "boss"? He doesn't get the rebound. He jogs back on defense and gives up a layup. Then he basically starts walking off the court after inbounding teh ball. So basically he is a boss because he didn't immediately drop to the ground and start crying?

c.c.
04-07-2013, 01:07 PM

Reggie Evans is a tough guy but how is this clip even close to him being a "boss"? He doesn't get the rebound. He jogs back on defense and gives up a layup. Then he basically starts walking off the court after inbounding teh ball. So basically he is a boss because he didn't immediately drop to the ground and start crying?

Like Chris Bosh would of done lol. He would laid there for at least 10 minutes and would of needed assistance off the court

Clippersfan86
04-07-2013, 01:10 PM

I obviously mean his toughness and pain threshold which has to be the best in the league. As for the play you're talking about "Zbo ball and chain" was just taking a quick breather, he didn't want to hurt any Bobcats players by accident.

raiderposting
04-07-2013, 01:27 PM
I obviously mean his toughness and pain threshold which has to be the best in the league. As for the play you're talking about "Zbo ball and chain" was just taking a quick breather, he didn't want to hurt any Bobcats players by accident.

Kobe?

slaker619
04-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Give him hella props :clap:

adidas2307
04-07-2013, 01:34 PM
The thread title is out of order and therefore misleading. :(

I Rock Shaqs
04-07-2013, 01:41 PM

You obviously have never had one of your teeth knocked out. Or you're just be a no life troll.

c.c.
04-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Kobe?

Kobe be acting hurt. He been in Hollywood for the longest, his acting skills should be better than most.

Hawkeye15
04-07-2013, 01:50 PM
I have had a tooth knocked out. It doesn't hurt in the slightest. Nothing tough about that dude, sorry.

Might be the lone Iowa player I can't stand.

tdg823
04-07-2013, 02:25 PM
I've had a through and through lip laceration (It basically busted a hole through my upper lip) 8 stitches in my eye from someone's head, broken fingers that are still crooked, nosebleeds from shoulders and headbutts that didn't want to stop (only 2 nosebleeds I ever had in my life, the headbutt was especially bad), the top of a 40 bottle (the broken off glass cap) stuck in my leg (I got fouled on a drive and fell on it in the gras behind the basket). None of it fazed me. Nothing hurts when you are playing ball and your adrenaline is up, that's why I laugh at these wimps in the NBA today. It doesn't hurt them either, they act like it does for dramatic effect. Attention in other words... I played with grown men at parks around my area for years, I've NEVER stayed down on the ground, acting like I got shot, not for a second, ever, even when I broke my ankle and couldn't walk on it (although I was done playing after that one). It's a point of pride with me, in case you couldn't tell.

tdg823
04-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Knock on wood, I still hjave all my teeth intact though (thank God for that). although the inside of my lip busts open at the slightest bump now...

Sly Guy
04-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I have had a tooth knocked out. It doesn't hurt in the slightest. Nothing tough about that dude, sorry.

I've had several knocked out on multiple occasions as well. Not a big deal. Sometimes you don't even notice it until your tongue runs over it.

Besides, this is a hockey injury. And no hockey player in the history of the sport has missed a shift for something as small as losing a tooth. [broken jaw accompanying the missing tooth, maybe]

Knick4Knack
04-07-2013, 03:41 PM
STR8 Gangsta!

3iverson3
04-07-2013, 03:51 PM

What were you doing? It all depends how it gets knocked out.

I don't get how this gets a thread to itself. I have seen people get their teeth knocked out in hockey all the time and they come back and play. Or they take a puck to the face, go out and get stitches, and come back as if nothing happened. Trust me, it hurts like crazy to take a puck anywhere (especially if it is coming at you @ 70+ mph)

3iverson3
04-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Hockey players are the toughest out there.

Dankster
04-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Wilson Chandler did something similar a few years back when he was a Knick. The game was still going on when he lost a tooth (David lee accidentally hit his face,) and he just pushed it off the court towards the direction of the Knicks bench.

Tough guys.

Hawkeye15
04-07-2013, 04:12 PM
What were you doing? It all depends how it gets knocked out.

I don't get how this gets a thread to itself. I have seen people get their teeth knocked out in hockey all the time and they come back and play. Or they take a puck to the face, go out and get stitches, and come back as if nothing happened. Trust me, it hurts like crazy to take a puck anywhere (especially if it is coming at you @ 70+ mph)

I was fighting. It was basically kicked out, when his foot pushed through my block, I didn't get out of the way in time. Straight through the mouth guard, knocked it out. I didn't even notice it until I felt my tooth rolling around on my tongue.

KnicksorBust
04-07-2013, 04:14 PM
You obviously have never had one of your teeth knocked out. Or you're just be a no life troll.

I shouldn't even respond to this obvious bait but the simple point is that 90% of players would have done the same exact thing. Jog back on defense and then walk to the bench to get subbed out.

I would have been impressed if he sprinted back and blocked the shot or got a tip in. What he did was nothing special.

Hawkeye15
04-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Hockey players are the toughest out there.

Every sport at the professional level has a ton of tough guys.

D-Leethal
04-07-2013, 04:45 PM
It sounded a lot cooler reading the thread title than it looked watching the video.