PDA

View Full Version : Players that need a change of scenery...

Tony_Starks
04-06-2013, 10:03 PM
What players do you think if they were on contenders instead of sub-par teams would be looked at completely differently?

I say:

Jennings

Bargnani

B Gordon

Stuckey

Bradley

Wes Matthews

D-Leethal
04-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Bledsoe.

D-Leethal
04-06-2013, 10:07 PM
I also think Lamarcus Aldridge has gone stale in Portland.

JeffG20
04-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Eric Gordon- Monty Benching him and them exchanging words seems to be the final straw. i think he'd be more inclined to play with a contender and possibly he'd man up a little

Tony_Starks
04-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is going to be a starter for some team eventually...

D-Leethal
04-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Millsap is another candidate.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Avery Bradley needs a change of scenery? Uh, no.

Bledsoe, Millsap, Bargiani, the usual suspects. I liked the LMA one too.

Tony_Starks
04-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Avery Bradley needs a change of scenery? Uh, no.

Bledsoe, Millsap, Bargiani, the usual suspects. I liked the LMA one too.

His skills are being wasted in Boston. They're practically in total rebuild. Put him on the Knicks, Clippers, Grizzlies and they probably go to the finals....

Especially the Grizzlies, him and Tony Allen would be lethal.

b@llhog24
04-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Kyrie

Wes_Craven
04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Kobe Bryant

Source
04-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Cousins, Evans, Wall and perhaps Rubio.

Chronz
04-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Tyreke for sure

JEDean89
04-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Bledsoe isn't going anywhere until Chris Paul is locked up longterm.

avengedchaos5
04-06-2013, 11:17 PM
last i watched hes starting and a key weapon of ours. ;)

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-06-2013, 11:20 PM
His skills are being wasted in Boston. They're practically in total rebuild. Put him on the Knicks, Clippers, Grizzlies and they probably go to the finals....

If we're using that logic you should say the same about Kyrie Irving, right?

bruins>habs
04-06-2013, 11:25 PM

I don't watch much basketball but isn't the point of a rebuild to reBUILD around young good players? I know for a fact Bradley is a young and good player.

Jimmer55
04-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Jimmer Fredette.

/thread

sep11ie
04-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Melo. He could turn a terrible team decent or a great team, well, decent.

GunFactor187
04-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Stuckey, Maxiell, W. Bynum definitely.

Tony_Starks
04-06-2013, 11:56 PM
I don't watch much basketball but isn't the point of a rebuild to reBUILD around young good players? I know for a fact Bradley is a young and good player.

He's not a "build around" player. You need multiple guys like that for a rebuild, not him plus guys on the way out. Boston is doing a half a ss rebuild. Not starting all the way over but keeping just enough old guys around to be mediocre.

On the other hand plug him in to a contender and he can make the difference.

Tony_Starks
04-07-2013, 12:00 AM
If we're using that logic you should say
the same about Kyrie Irving, right?

Not really because the Cavs core is all young. Not half young, half old. They're on the same path as the Thunder if they keep it up. Remember the Sonics/Thunder were horrible KD's first couple of seasons.....

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Not really because the Cavs core is all young. Not half young, half old. They're on the same path as the Thunder if they keep it up. Remember the Sonics/Thunder were horrible KD's first couple of seasons.....

Yes, but they're actually in a rebuilding situation, unlike the Celtics.

Manimal
04-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Al Horford
Marvin Gortat
Tyreke Evans

eternal slumber
04-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Tyreke Evans for sure

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-07-2013, 08:17 AM
I could see a sign and trade of Jennings to Dallas for the player drafted at #13. Dallas picks what we want then come July 1st a S&T of Jennings.

MonroeFAN
04-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Yes, but they're actually in a rebuilding situation, unlike the Celtics.

The Celtics should be 100% in rebuild mode. The argument made perfect sense to me. AB is not a star. He's a complimentary piece and his best fit is on a contender.

D-Leethal
04-07-2013, 09:18 AM
He's not a "build around" player. You need multiple guys like that for a rebuild, not him plus guys on the way out. Boston is doing a half a ss rebuild. Not starting all the way over but keeping just enough old guys around to be mediocre.

On the other hand plug him in to a contender and he can make the difference.

Just because he's not a 'build around player' doesn't mean you just toss him away. Hes a great piece for any rebuild situation.

And don't get it twisted, the C's are not in full blown rebuild mode yet, they very much had intentions to contend this year and nearly everyone with a brain picked them to challenege the Heat in the ECF after they reloaded their bench this year. Injuries are the main reason they appear to be in 'rebuild' mode, if they stayed healthy they would have eventually got it together and would probably be winning the division right now.

D-Leethal
04-07-2013, 09:20 AM
The Celtics should be 100% in rebuild mode. The argument made perfect sense to me. AB is not a star. He's a complimentary piece and his best fit is on a contender.

I guess for purposes of the thread, injuries have thrown them into rebuild mode, and he would shine on a playoff contender D-ing up the best on the biggest stages, but the C's have no reason to trade him. I can see where he would fit the bill for this thread, but I took this thread to be about making most sense for a mutual parting, not just a better situation for the player.

AntiG
04-07-2013, 10:50 AM

Even if the Celtics go into rebuild mode, there's no reason to be trading away Bradley unless they net say like Demarcus Cousins in the trade. Lets assume KG and PP retire after the season.

- a ton of cap room is opened up by their retirements, so they can pursue one or two premier FAs Dwight Howard, Andre Iguodala, Chris Paul (and then turn around and deal Rondo for another star player), Andrew Bynum, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson,

- talented young pieces to retool around with Jeff Green, Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jordan Crawford and Terrence Williams.

I think a potential starting lineup via either signing straight up or sign and trade deals of
PG Rondo
SG Bradley
SF Iguodala
PF Green
C Howard

doesn't require a complete rebuild like some of you are claiming. I'm not saying they WILL get any of these players, but the possibilities are there. Why would Ainge blow it all up? Green is already the team's best player and is playing at all-star level. The C's are probably planning to retool around him. Bradley is a tremendous contributor and terrific defensive counterpart and signed to an affordable contract.

MrfadeawayJB
04-07-2013, 08:41 PM
E. Gordon

Riodagoat
04-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Tyreke Evans for sure. He posted 20-5-5 in his rookie year and everyone thought he would be something by now. He would thrive in the right system and if motivated.

Becks2307
04-07-2013, 08:46 PM
E. Gordon

Haha big time. This guy will be a 20ppg scorer next year, though i think his actions this year were deplorable

ATX
04-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Pau Gasol

DallasTrilla23
04-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Brags amare and Gordon

SeoulBeatz
04-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Evan Turner.

Ever since his name came up in that Josh Smith trade rumor the guy has been REALLY struggling.

In interviews he seems very noncommital to the team and he openly said he's not sure if the team wants him back.

Still no excuse to not give ur all every night so i think a change of scenery would benefit both sides.

He needs to be a primary ballhandler. i could see him faring well in Orlando where they're rebuilding and he could play some point forward. He's a potential 16-7-6 type player in the right situation.

kinglebreezy
04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Kris Humphries. BIG TIME.
seems like he's in the doghouse for whatever reason

sventhedog
04-08-2013, 09:45 PM
all those players mentioned in the trade deadline such as j.smith, gasol, millsap, jennings, bargnani, blair, gordon, etc.