PDA

View Full Version : Official AHL thread

itsmillertime
04-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Team is actually fun to watch now since Fast is on it and Torts has banished Miller and Kreider. They won 4-3 on Friday. Fast scored on a beautiful touch pass from Kreider on the PP. Kreider had 2 assists. Fast will show the Rangers soon he is way too good for the AHL. Thomas had an assist. He's put together a decent rookie season. McIlrath was +1. He hasn't had a fight in a long time. Seems the heavy weight guys stopped challenging him.

apdamico
04-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Team is actually fun to watch now since Fast is on it and Torts has banished Miller and Kreider. They won 4-3 on Friday. Fast scored on a beautiful touch pass from Kreider on the PP. Kreider had 2 assists. Fast will show the Rangers soon he is way too good for the AHL. Thomas had an assist. He's put together a decent rookie season. McIlrath was +1. He hasn't had a fight in a long time. Seems the heavy weight guys stopped challenging him.

Miller is actually still on the Rangers roster, so that he can receive treatment on his wrist. I see Fast and Kreider played on the top line with Newberry. Hrivik had a goal in his first game back from injury too. I think McIlrath will be working on his game and less fighting now that Bickel is back with the Whale.

SLY WILLIAMS
04-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Next seasons camp should be pretty fun to watch with Kreider, Miller, Fast, Dylan and possibly Linberg all competing for spots.

beast023
04-06-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm excited about the idea of having sauer and mcilrath on the bottom pair next year

bsi
04-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm excited about the idea of having sauer and mcilrath on the bottom pair next year

Sauer isn't likely to play again if you asked me and John Moore has a spot on this team so it'll likely be McIlrath replacing the odd man. If we can keep all these guys we'll have the best 6 d men in the league by far.

Girardi Staal
McDonagh DelZotto
Moore McIlrath.......That looks great to me.

itsmillertime
04-07-2013, 07:16 AM
There was a time when Sauer was our best defensive defenseman.

SLY WILLIAMS
04-07-2013, 12:32 PM
There was a time when Sauer was our best defensive defenseman.

He had a very strong rookie season. He really impressed me. I just hope he is okay. PCS can be debilitating for some athletes.

nyr2002nyr
04-07-2013, 05:18 PM
He had a very strong rookie season. He really impressed me. I just hope he is okay. PCS can be debilitating for some athletes.

It sure can and Beukeboom knows that first hand.

commonsense12
04-08-2013, 05:09 PM
We have a ton of young kids knocking on the door fast, Miller, Kreider, Lindberg, Mcilrath all have a chance next year as well as Mashinter if we resign him. I think he could be great for the 4th line if he usues his size a bit more to intimidate opponents. He also can get on the team if he dropped the gloves a bit more. I believe he went toe to toe with Parros when he was on SJ. Having him out there with Asham and Clowe as fighters would make us a pretty tough team.

FYI Sauer is done with the Rangers. We are not going to offer him a contract next year and frankly from what i have read in the last few months his concussion issues are bad. He should just retire and hopefully he can lead a normal life.

apdamico
04-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Sauer isn't likely to play again if you asked me and John Moore has a spot on this team so it'll likely be McIlrath replacing the odd man. If we can keep all these guys we'll have the best 6 d men in the league by far.

Girardi Staal
McDonagh DelZotto

Both Moore and Sauer are RFA's next season. I hope Sauer hasn't played his last game because he and McDonagh were great together. If I had to bet, I'd say the Rangesr re-sign Moore and bring up Dylan.

bsi
04-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Sauer won't be resigned, too much risk involved and we're not overflowing with cap.

redwhiteandblue
04-09-2013, 12:57 AM

Girardi Staal
McDonagh DelZotto
Although I love the enthusiasm, I think McIlrath unproven on the NHL level will deter that notion. If he was to get stuck on the third pair because we invest fully into the blue line for a few years, I think he ends up a great d-man. Even so, I think he ends up a really good 2nd pairing d-man on any team when it's said and done.

I think though, after seeing Phaneuf in Toronto (as I think McIlrath will be comparable to him), I don't think he should be a guy playing top 2 minutes. They play a similar game, and maybe McIlrath ends up more committed and keeps in better shape, Phaneuf looks to get very worn down and ineffective in the later parts of a game.

In the end though, I don't think it will matter because we will probably retain the likes of McDonagh and at least one other guy who will fill it out.

redwhiteandblue
04-09-2013, 12:59 AM
More on topic though, I'm almost more excited for next season for some reason lol.

Not many people are on board with me, but I just don't see the shortened season as much then a Stanley Cup Winner*.

Obviously it's getting exciting down the stretch, especially with our deadline moves paying off so far, but I'm very excited to see how they handle constructing the roster for next year, seeing another full on Torts training camp with so many kids knocking on the door for a roster spot, and a full on 82 game season.

Anybody who's a Rangers fan and in the Connecticut area is lucky though. I'm lucky if they come to Binghamton once a year and I'm available to go. :(

itsmillertime
04-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Kreider is scoring regularly now in the AHL. Shame Fast tweaked his knew already. McIlrath needs to be on the big club next year. Without Staal, nobody on our defense can hit worth a darn. Nobody clears the crease. There is no intimidation with our defenseman.

Mr.Wiskers
04-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Commonsense12: I see what you're saying, and completely agree ( i'm hoping Heatley gets brought out and we can get him on the cheaper side---with guys like Fast,Lindberg,Kreider,Miller etc. we could have money to get him). Maybe it's me but it seems to me that Torts always benches his players when they get into fights.
As far as the Sauer thing--that's tough, I read and article on Sauer by blueshift banter which said no news is bad news--If we haven't heard anything about Sauer it means he's not even working out therefore he's not even close to coming back. I saw another article about both of his other brothers retiring due to PCS.

bsi
04-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Commonsense12: I see what you're saying, and completely agree ( i'm hoping Heatley gets brought out and we can get him on the cheaper side---with guys like Fast,Lindberg,Kreider,Miller etc. we could have money to get him). Maybe it's me but it seems to me that Torts always benches his players when they get into fights.
As far as the Sauer thing--that's tough, I read and article on Sauer by blueshift banter which said no news is bad news--If we haven't heard anything about Sauer it means he's not even working out therefore he's not even close to coming back. I saw another article about both of his other brothers retiring due to PCS.

We were up around the top of the league in fights last year, I doubt that would be the case if Tortorella benched people for fighting. BTW I wouldn't touch Heatley with a 10 foot pole. He'd be planted to the bench in the first five minutes here, and that would be where he belongs most nights. People were down on Gaborik and he was actually trying, imagine the first game that Heatley coasted back like he usually does. Big pass on that. I personally think we have everything we need for a few good cup runs once Kreider, Miller, Thomas, and McIlrath mature.

It sucks with Sauer, I don't think he'll ever play again. I hope he saved the money he made or invested it wisely. I could see the team giving him a scouting job or something though.

Mr.Wiskers
04-15-2013, 06:14 PM
When I mentioned Heatley, of course I meant on a low short deal. He'd be taking home 5 mil. From Minn. if/when he gets broughtout . I would be looking at him as insurance for guys who might not be ready to step in next year or as a 2nd or 3rd line guy.

Mr.Wiskers
04-15-2013, 06:28 PM
As far as the fighting, I know it was/is a short season but we've only had 15 fights this year. Asham 4, Bickel 3 and Clowe,Rupp and Haley with 2 and Boyle and Newbury with 1. Imagine we moved Rupp early in the year, Haley, Bickel and Newbury really didn't get any playing time and are in the minors and we just got Clowe. Not to mention Asham missed time with his back. But when you look at the names-- these are guys that don't get much playing time. Remember Prust(20)and Rupp(13) got playing time and played on the PK as did Dubinsky(6).

bsi
04-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Ya. I think once Dorsett arrives this team will be back to what it did best and play in your face hockey with Dorsett, Clowe,Callahan, Boyle and Asham as the cast of hitters that will pressure the D to make turnovers, something we've only started to see recently with the addition of Clowe and with Asham back in the lineup. I've wanted Doresett since Prust was let go but i never thought we'd get him after he got injured but I'm sure everyone is going to be really pleased with what he brings.

Mr.Wiskers
04-16-2013, 08:04 PM
I didn't really pay attention to him or his game when he was with Columbus. People are saying he's another Prust, so I can't wait to see him play( would have been great to have Prust in addition to Dorsett tho').