PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Final Playoff Standings

mightybosstone
04-06-2013, 01:32 AM
The thread title says it all. With less than two weeks left in the regular season, a lot of things have yet to be decided in both conferences. So, where do you see the seeds settling? Who's in, who's out and who is getting HCA?

Here's the way I see it finishing:

Eastern Conference
1. Miami
2. New York
3. Indiana
4. Chicago
5. Brooklyn
6. Atlanta
7. Boston
8. Milwaukee

Western Conference
1. Oklahoma City
2. San Antonio
3. Denver
4. Memphis
5. LA Clippers
6. Houston
7. Golden State
8. Utah

seikou8
04-06-2013, 01:46 AM
The thread title says it all. With less than two weeks left in the regular season, a lot of things have yet to be decided in both conferences. So, where do you see the seeds settling? Who's in, who's out and who is getting HCA?

Eastern Conference
1. Miami
2. New York
3. Indiana
4. Chicago
5. Brooklyn
6. Atlanta
7. Boston
8. Milwaukee

Western Conference
1. Oklahoma City
2. San Antonio
3. Denver
4. Memphis
5. LA Clippers
6. Houston
7. Golden State
8. Utah

same llst nice

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Dont worry lakers will make it.

HYFR
04-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Good list. I def see the nets falling out of that 4th seed.

eternal slumber
04-06-2013, 01:51 AM

Eastern Conference
1. Miami
2. New York
3. Indiana
4. Chicago
5. Brooklyn
6. Atlanta
7. Boston
8. Milwaukee

Western Conference
1. Oklahoma City
2. San Antonio
3. Denver
4. Memphis
5. LA Clippers
6. Houston
7. Golden State
8. Utah

just about right. GSW-Houston and Utah-Lakers will both come down to the last game of the season.

would be really close though.

GSW and Houston positioning will play a huge part if either team have a chance to advance.

mightybosstone
04-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Dont worry lakers will make it.

It could really go either way, and I hope Lakers' fans will not assume this is some sort of Lakers' bashing thread, because that certainly is not the case. I just think Utah is playing better basketball right now, their schedule is a little easier and they have the tiebreaker if both teams have the same record.

mightybosstone
04-06-2013, 01:54 AM
just about right. GSW-Houston and Utah-Lakers will both come down to the last game of the season.

would be really close though.

GSW and Houston positioning will play a huge part if either team have a chance to advance.

Agreed. If Memphis or Houston have something to play for in that last game, that directly affects the Jazz and Lakers' playoffs hopes. I think Memphis might be resting players, while Houston will still be fighting for that sixth spot with the hope of playing the banged-up Nuggets in the first round.

TylerSL
04-06-2013, 02:00 AM
East
1.Miami
2.New York
3.Indiana
4.Brooklyn
5.Chicago
6.Atlanta
7.Boston
8.Milwaukee

West
1.San Antonio
2.Oklahoma City
3.Denver
4.Los Angeles Clippers
5.Memphis
6.Golden State
7.Houston
8.Utah

East playoffs
1.Miami vs 8.Milwaukee-Miami in 4
4.Brooklyn vs 5.Chicago-Brooklyn in 7
3.Indiana vs 6.Atlanta-Indiana in 5
2.New York vs 7.Boston-New York in 7

1.Miami vs 4.Brooklyn-Miami in 4
2.New York vs 3.Indiana-New York in 7

1.Miami vs 2.New York-Miami in 5

West playoffs
1.San Antonio vs. 8.Utah-San Antonio in 4
4.Los Angeles Clippers vs 5.Memphis-Memphis in 6
3.Denver vs 6.Golden State-Denver in 6
2.Oklahoma City vs 7.Houston-Oklahoma City in 6

1.San Antonio vs 5.Memphis-San Antonio in 6
2.Oklahoma City vs 3.Denver-Oklahoma City in 7

1.San Antonio vs 2.Oklahoma City-San Antonio in 7

NBA Finals
1.Miami vs 1.San Antonio-Miami in 6

eternal slumber
04-06-2013, 02:00 AM
Agreed. If Memphis or Houston have something to play for in that last game, that directly affects the Jazz and Lakers' playoffs hopes. I think Memphis might be resting players, while Houston will still be fighting for that sixth spot with the hope of playing the banged-up Nuggets in the first round.

if i'm either Houston or Golden State, i'd rather face Denver even though they are playing extremely well and have a massive home court advantage.

i just don't see Spurs losing in the first round even with a banged up Parker and an injured Ginobili. they are just too well coached and deep.

goingfor28
04-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Eastern Conference
1. Miami
2. New York
3. Indiana
4. Chicago
5. Brooklyn
6. Atlanta
7. Boston
8. Milwaukee

Western Conference
1. Oklahoma City
2. San Antonio
3. Denver
4. LA Clippers
5. Memphis
6. Houston
7. Golden State
8. LA Lakers

2nd rd.
Miami vs Chicago
New York vs Boston
ECF: Miami vs New York
East champs: Miami

Oklahoma City vs LA Clippers
San Antonio vs Denver
WCF: Oklahoma City vs San Antonio
West champs: Oklahoma City

Finals: rematch, but OKC over MIA

goingfor28
04-06-2013, 02:21 AM
it will def be interesting though watching 1 seed vs Lakers (im assuming LAL gets it) i can see that series going 7

SportsFanatic10
04-06-2013, 02:28 AM
it will def be interesting though watching 1 seed vs Lakers (im assuming LAL gets it) i can see that series going 7

i think it'll be okc and if the lakers manage to finish in 8th they'll get destroyed by the thunder in 4 or 5.

RocketLoc80
04-06-2013, 04:05 AM
What makes you think OKC is the favorite over Miami?

RocketLoc80
04-06-2013, 04:24 AM
Ok predict the rest of the playoffs?

SportsFanatic10
04-06-2013, 04:43 AM
What makes you think OKC is the favorite over Miami?

where did i say that? i was just saying that i think okc will end up with the number 1 seed in the west and if the lakers are in 8th it won't go to 7 like the guy i was responding to suggested.

RocketLoc80
04-06-2013, 04:51 AM
No I was aming the question at goingfor28 he thinks OKC will do a resverse on Miami this year

UKBronco58
04-06-2013, 05:15 AM
1. Miami Heat
2. Indiana Pacers
3. New York Knicks
4. Brooklyn Nets
5. Chicago Bulls
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Boston Celtics
8. Milwaukee Bucks

1. Oklahoma City Thunder
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Denver Nuggets
4. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Memphis Grizzlies
6. Golden State Warriors
7. Houston Rockers
8. Utah Jazz

SportsFanatic10
04-06-2013, 05:28 AM
No I was aming the question at goingfor28 he thinks OKC will do a resverse on Miami this year

oh my bad lol...i thought you were talking to me since your post was right next to mine and you didn't quote anyone in it.

RocketLoc80
04-06-2013, 06:10 AM
oh my bad lol...i thought you were talking to me since your post was right next to mine and you didn't quote anyone in it.

So what you think of him saying this?

SportsFanatic10
04-06-2013, 06:14 AM
So what you think of him saying this?

it's possible, but i think miami has the thunder's number. and the thunder don't have harden anymore which i think will matter at some point in the playoffs.

LakersEaglesLA
04-06-2013, 04:19 PM
i think it'll be okc and if the lakers manage to finish in 8th they'll get destroyed by the thunder in 4 or 5.

Lol destroyed huh(CAN'T WAIT)

lvlheaded
04-06-2013, 05:08 PM
I think the ECF, whether it be Indiana or the Knicks will go 6 games. The Heat will still win, but I think it will be a pretty entertaining series no matter who opposes them.

SportsFanatic10
04-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Lol destroyed huh(CAN'T WAIT)

i can't wait either...

shep33
04-06-2013, 05:33 PM
We are so banged up. I think we'll have to go 5-1 in order to make it. Clips game will likely be a loss.

Nash is not playing tomorrow, Metta is out for 4 more weeks, Hill (who has been out basically all year) is still a couple months away I believe.

Kobe playing 48 mins is ridiculous... He's going to get worn out/injured sooner or later

elledaddy
04-06-2013, 06:09 PM

Eastern Conference
1. Miami
2. New York
3. Indiana
4. Chicago
5. Brooklyn
6. Atlanta
7. Boston
8. Milwaukee

Western Conference
1. Oklahoma City
2. San Antonio
3. Denver
4. Memphis
5. LA Clippers
6. Houston
7. Golden State
8. Utah

I thought the Clippers can't finish lower than 4th if they win the division. That's not the case anymore?

Stunner
04-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Brooklyn isn't beating Chicago in the 1st

NBA-GMaster
04-07-2013, 10:58 PM
EAST:
1. Miami Heat
2. New York Knicks
3. Indiana Pacers
4. Brooklyn Nets
5. Atlanta Hawks
6. Chicago Bulls
7. Boston Celtics
8. Milwaukee Bucks

WEST:
1. San Antonio Spurs
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Denver Nuggets
4. Memphis Grizzlies
5. Los Angeles Clippers
6. Houston Rockets
7. Golden State Warriors
8. Los Angeles Lakers

Avenged
04-08-2013, 12:53 AM

Depends who is the 1st seed.

If it's the Thunder, the Lakers are getting decimated.

If it's the Spurs, they'll most likely still lose but it won't be as bad of a beat down like if they were to play OKC.

John Walls Era
04-08-2013, 01:04 AM
I actually like Houston against anyone but Denver (talking about possible matchups---Memphis and Clippers arent going to play them). Spurs are hurt and Houston guards have had success against them in the reg. season. Thunder would make an intriguing matchup. How fun would it be to watch Harden against his old team and to see if Westbrook makes/breaks the Thunder.

**** the Lakers. I'll bet on them, but I don't expect much.

1. Oklahoma City
2. San Antonio
3. Denver
4. Memphis
5. LA Clippers
6. Golden State
7. Houston
8. LA

Avenged
04-08-2013, 01:17 AM
I actually like Houston against anyone but Denver (talking about possible matchups---Memphis and Clippers arent going to play them). Spurs are hurt and Houston guards have had success against them in the reg. season. Thunder would make an intriguing matchup. How fun would it be to watch Harden against his old team and to see if Westbrook makes/breaks the Thunder.

**** the Lakers. I'll bet on them, but I don't expect much.

1. Oklahoma City
2. San Antonio
3. Denver
4. Memphis
5. LA Clippers
6. Golden State
7. Houston
8. LA

So if Houston avoids Denver, they'll be NBA champs?

John Walls Era
04-08-2013, 01:19 AM
So if Houston avoids Denver, they'll be NBA champs?

read. said intriguing. rockets would win at least 2 games.

Avenged
04-08-2013, 01:24 AM
read. said intriguing. rockets would win at least 2 games.

No, you said you like them against ANYONE but Denver.

A Thunder vs. Rockets matchup would be "intriguing" but ultimately Houston would win going by what you said first. Nothing wrong with it, just haven't heard many having Houston in that high of a regard just yet. They're getting there though.

John Walls Era
04-08-2013, 01:26 AM
No, you said you like them against ANYONE but Denver.

A Thunder vs. Rockets matchup would be "intriguing" but ultimately Houston would win going by what you said first. Nothing wrong with it, just haven't heard many having Houston in that high of a regard just yet. They're getting there though.

I LIKE THEM. Doesn't mean I like them to win. I like them to put on a show. 'Like' is the operative word here.

I would also LIKE it if you would unbanned Farcelona. We need some smart basketball and soccer posters.

kdspurman
04-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Now is the time to see what LA is made of for that 8th spot...

Utah remaining games:

OKC
MIN
@MIN
@MEM

Lakers remaining games:

NO
@POR
GS
SA
HOU

If Utah goes 2-2, Lakers need to go 4-1 in that stretch to make it. Utah playing the Wolves 2x might be enough for them to go 2-2.

FYL_McVeezy
04-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Eastern Conference:
1. Miami
2. NYK
3. Indiana
4. Chicago
5. BK
6. Boston
7. ATL
8. Milwaukee

Western Conference:
1) San Antonio
2) OKC
3) Denver
4) LAC
5) Memphis
6) Houston
7) Golden State
8) Lakers (After Stern tacks on 5 wins to their record at the conclusion of the season :nod:)