PDA

View Full Version : Scoring Title: Kevin Durant or Carmelo Anthony

JordansBulls
04-04-2013, 12:19 PM
After yesterday's game and the game before where Melo scored 50 and 40 respectively, Durant ppg is 28.3 ppg and Melo's is 28.1 ppg.

Who do you think takes the scoring title? (also consider they have a head to head on Sunday as well)

BigBlueCrew
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Going w/ Melo

Whoever it is, it will come down to the last two games. They both have easy as hell games

OKC - SAC & MIL
NYC - CHA & ATL

Should be easy to wrap up scoring title against sed teams. Key word should

MaloDaw9
04-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Melo for the win, He's lighting it up of late. Westbrook will not let Durant get it this year.

tredigs
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
If Melo continues to stay hot shooting 25+ a game and KD keeping it under 20 attempts, it would be tough for Durant. That said, cream rises. So I'm going with history on this one.

Crazy that KD is still in the lead taking 17.9 fga to Melo's 21.8. Tho' he gets to the line a couple more times, which is a lock make for him.

LAKobeBryant
04-04-2013, 12:52 PM
durant because it seems like thats all he cares about every year

DanG
04-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Kd.

GiantsSwaGG
04-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Durant easily

tredigs
04-04-2013, 12:58 PM
durant because it seems like thats all he cares about every year

We will have to assume that this post is trying to be ironic.

nycericanguy
04-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Melo... every year Melo seems to go on a tear for about a month. Ever since he got the knee drained he's been scoring 32ppg on 50%... This hot streak will probably last through the year.

nycericanguy
04-04-2013, 01:05 PM
If Melo continues to stay hot shooting 25+ a game and KD keeping it under 20 attempts, it would be tough for Durant. That said, cream rises. So I'm going with history on this one.

Crazy that KD is still in the lead taking 17.9 fga to Melo's 21.8. Tho' he gets to the line a couple more times, which is a lock make for him.

Durant is scoring almost 2ppg more than even Lebron on fewer "official" shot attempts as well. Despite LBJ shooting 56%! When you get to the FT line almost 10x per game and hit 90+% of them you can really rack up the points without using an official shot attempt.

elledaddy
04-04-2013, 01:05 PM

Crazy that KD is still in the lead taking 17.9 fga to Melo's 21.8. Tho' he gets to the line a couple more times, which is a lock make
for him.

The real reason KD is leading is because Melo had a few games where he left very early in the game due to injury but its still counted as games played. Melo had like 3 games where he played like 12-15 mins only, which makes a big difference in the 0.3 point differential between the two. Still many games left though so we'll see all though I think the Knicks as a team will work harder for Melo to win the scoring title specifically if its close in the last few games

29$JerZ
04-04-2013, 01:06 PM
The moment the Knicks mathematically clinch/eliminated from the 2nd seed Melo will get tons of rest imo. Durant pretty much has it on lock unless Melo keeps putting up these 30+ games.

nycericanguy
04-04-2013, 01:09 PM
The real reason KD is leading is because Melo had a few games where he left very early in the game due to injury but its still counted as games played. Melo had like 3 games where he played like 12-15 mins only, which makes a big difference in the 0.3 point differential between the two. Still many games left though so we'll see all though I think the Knicks as a team will work harder for Melo to win the scoring title specifically if its close in the last few games

I wish Melo would just sit out when he's hurt. The past 2 years he's had two horrible stretches where he tried to play hurt and ended up hurting the team with piss poor play. Then he eventually sits out anyway, and comes back on a tear. It's the same exact script as last year.

He's just not a guy that plays well hurt.

And yea good point about those games... the games on the West Coast he tried to force himself to play and ended up like 3-15 both games... killed his % and his ppg and hurt his team.

nycericanguy
04-04-2013, 01:09 PM
The moment the Knicks mathematically clinch/eliminated from the 2nd seed Melo will get tons of rest imo. Durant pretty much has it on lock unless Melo keeps putting up these 30+ games.

IND & NY are neck and neck... that may come down to the final game.

tredigs
04-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Durant is scoring almost 2ppg more than even Lebron on fewer "official" shot attempts as well. Despite LBJ shooting 56%! When you get to the FT line almost 10x per game and hit 90+% of them you can really rack up the points without using an official shot attempt.

He averages 9.4 attempts a game to Melo's 7.7. So basically he averages drawing contact on a shot attempt less than 1 time a game more than Melo.

The real difference is that - along with FT's - he shoots a higher percentage than Melo at every spot on the court - at the rim, from 3-9 ft, 10-15 ft, 16-20ft, and most importantly, from 3.

Let's face it - he's better at scoring here, there, and everywhere. Averages more ppg despite shooting 4 less attempts per game (including 2 less attempts from three pt, which right there more than blows the 1-2 FT advantage for KD), and doesn't even take the most shots on his own team.

OceanSpray
04-04-2013, 04:03 PM
I said Melo since 2 months ago. The reason is because Durant is slowing down lately and has been relying more on RWB. Melo has a green light since Amare is out. Durant is still the best scorer but Melo is going to take it.

D-Leethal
04-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Melo has a few more 40 pt games left in him by the looks of it.

SportsFanatic10
04-04-2013, 07:58 PM
i think melo might do it, but its hard to say since i don't know much about the situation with his knee. if it's anything like wade's was last year, then he might slow down and start to not feel so good again shortly. wade had his drained and then felt good for a few games during the pacers series, then the knee started to swell and limit him again after that.

Jint.
04-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Melo.. by 1 billion points

naps
04-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Durant. I would love for Melo to get it but can you imagine how some knicks fans (such as BklynKnicks3) are going to make it seem like winning a championship?

OceanSpray
04-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Durant. I would love for Melo to get it but can you imagine how some knicks fans (such as BklynKnicks3) are going to make it seem like winning a championship?

That might have to do with the fact that Melo hasn't won anything spectacular except for US gold medals.

javaid64
04-05-2013, 12:06 AM
That might have to do with the fact that Melo hasn't won anything spectacular except for US gold medals.

and an ncaa champion

OceanSpray
04-05-2013, 12:09 AM
and an ncaa champion

Can't really count that as an NBA achievement. He's really underachieved as a player. No scoring title, not even NBA All Stars MVP.. Playing for 10 years. Yeah, he needs to win anything right now.

javaid64
04-05-2013, 12:20 AM
you brought up the olympic gold which also isnt an nba achievement

leading an ncaa championship is vastly more significant than any individual acolade achieved in the nba.
and as for all star mvp, scoring titles, they dont really mean anything. Ask iverson, i think he would agree.

OceanSpray
04-05-2013, 12:26 AM
you brought up the olympic gold which also isnt an nba achievement

leading an ncaa championship is vastly more significant than any individual acolade achieved in the nba.
and as for all star mvp, scoring titles, they dont really mean anything. Ask iverson, i think he would agree.

Olympic gold has a lot to do with the NBA considering he was playing in the NBA when it happened. Whatever happened before is all junk. NCAA is important when you're at the collegiate level. In the NBA, it's not even close to comparison. 10 years, regarded as the best scorer, never won a scoring title and his biggest achievement in that span was Olympic medals.

KnicksorBust
04-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Let's see...

I said Durant before the season. I said Durant during the season. I'm saying Durant now.

I started right. I stayed right. And I'm still right.

More-Than-Most
04-05-2013, 08:29 PM

I think he will put up 30 plus games the rest of the way. He is offensively sick and he is the better bet even though durant is the better player because of westy.... Melo will put up a few 40 games as well.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Let's see...

I said Durant before the season. I said Durant during the season. I'm saying Durant now.

KoB, have I ever told you that I love your arrogance?:laugh2:

MELO 15
04-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Melo is the most complete offensive player in the game. Another 40 point game, in the last three games he has scored 131 points and he has been doing it efficiently. I can see him scoring another 40 in the next game as well. He will win the scoring title this year. Book it.

Im_in_Mia_bish
04-06-2013, 05:07 AM
this is such a stupid question.. durant is the more effecient player, so im going with durant as the safe bet.

xxplayerxx23
04-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Let's see...

Lol KOB is neverWrong so Durant got it.

mightybosstone
04-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I would have easily picked Durant a couple of weeks ago, but he hasn't been scoring at nearly as prolific a rate, while Anthony has pretty much had the green light to score as often as he wants to in New York. At this point, it's pretty much a coin flip. The key will be who clinches what first. If the Thunder somehow clinch the No. 1 seed in the West, then Durant will sit. If the Knicks clinch the No. 2 seed in the East, Melo will sit.

But if both players' current pace is indicative of anything, I think Melo has a really good chance to surpass Durant. In fact, I actually think I'd probably bet 55/45 in favor of Melo at this point.

AYozzy
04-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Melo will keep scoring like this to keep the Knicks at the #2 seed.....Melo = scoring champ