PDA

View Full Version : NBA is rigged?

AlexTmz2
04-03-2013, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZatX_6i5WY

Just thought this was interesting, sitting here at work with not much to do. haha

AlexTmz2
04-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Minute 3:14?!?

GiantsSwaGG
04-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Ok, what's your point?

kdspurman
04-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Minute 3:14?!?

Yea dude they had a thread on this I think a few days ago, but yea... There's bad calls always, but the timing of some of these calls were pretty god awful...

KnickaBocka.44
04-03-2013, 04:24 PM
In b4 Dade County comes in spewing nonsense like a homeless hoops heretic.

theheatles
04-03-2013, 04:36 PM
You can't say for certain either way, and with that massive soccer/football/futbol betting scandal it's hard to not at least question all sporting events that you can bet on.

BigBlueCrew
04-03-2013, 04:44 PM
You can't say for certain either way, and with that massive soccer/football/futbol betting scandal it's hard to not at least question all sporting events that you can bet on.

:confused: all the sporting events? Just because your beloved NBA seems be fixed on the surface don't throw in all other sporting events just to soften the blow.

ManRam
04-03-2013, 05:50 PM
you could make this video for any team/player.

someone already made this thread. most concluded this is just stupid.

tredigs
04-03-2013, 06:07 PM
It is verified fact that the home team in all sports in every country of the world at every level of competition hold the advantage over the opposition when it comes to receiving beneficial foul treatment over the course of an entire season (this can change game to game, but will 100% of the time benefit home teams in the end), and the reason is fan pressure. If the away team happens to be immensely popular, it stands to reason that this advantage for the home squad will be diminished, and imo it is definitely possible that the refs feel pressure not to be lambasted by the likes of a Kobe Bryant as much as some entire home stadiums - hence, 'superstar calls'.

Beyond that, I don't think there is a conspiracy put out by Stern or any other body to ensure one team getting into the first round. I just see the potential negatives so far outweighing the positives there (a slight ratings boost for 1 round of competition versus the effective decimation of the leagues credibility and effectively the sport all together).

Also, given the extremely fast pace and huge amount of 50/50 calls in pro hoops, these types of videos can be made for and against virtually all teams, many times for both sides in the same game (which is why so many fans complain about reffing on BOTH sides in every game thread this site has ever held).

All that said, I have watched the last dozen or so Laker games and it is unquestionable to me that they've been getting the better end of the stick in these contests. Could be random, but more likely is fan/player pressure on them which effectively has them scared to make calls against LAL (like I mentioned earlier, just like refs in a teams home arena in all sports throughout all sports history).

BSF101
04-03-2013, 06:09 PM
LOL what a surprise its the Lakers.

BSF101
04-03-2013, 06:28 PM
That Lakers/Kings game was horrible Kobe never got touched.

Avenged
04-03-2013, 06:34 PM
already a topic

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?812181-Lakers-playoff-conspiracy