bsi
04-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Slats is smart.

NYR_NYJ
04-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Sather looks like a genius ha!

bsi
04-03-2013, 08:41 PM
You can't play Ranger hockey without grit, been sayin it for months!

J4KOP99
04-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Yeah I agree. These moves were playoff moves... if that makes any sense. We just better make it in haha

NYR_NYJ
04-03-2013, 09:08 PM
You can't play Ranger hockey without grit, been sayin it for months!
:clap:

SLY WILLIAMS
04-04-2013, 12:27 PM
I think Sean Avery combined with Monday nights win against the Jets pretty much secured Torts job this season but if we do not go far in the playoffs I could see the possibility of a change in the off season.

nyr2002nyr
04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
I think Sean Avery combined with Monday nights win against the Jets pretty much secured Torts job this season but if we do not go far in the playoffs I could see the possibility of a change in the off season.

I think all it means is he no has more players who play the style he likes. He might not have any excuses if they miss the playoffs OR get off to a really bad start next season. Time to put up or shut up

commonsense12
04-04-2013, 04:05 PM
I learned a few things at the deadline actually. I learned Sather is still looking towards the future and acquired more young players in Brass, Dorsett and Moore. Mix that in with still a effective clowe at the age of 30 and we could have many years with this new core. Unless the salary cap becomes an issue of course. If Clowe resigns it could mean the end of Richards now that we have Brassard. We have Lindberg and Miller who all could possibly fill the 3rd lien center role next year. If we do buyout Richards we could look to make another move because we would have more cap money to spend.
A great possible target would be Vancouver because they are in cap hell and have only 2 buyouts. If no one bites on Luongo i think they have no choice but to buy him out rather then the other likely targets of Ballard, booth etc. Even after 2 players are removed from that team they still need cheaper options. I would love to try and grab burrows. This team would just be nasty if we can pull that off.
Lastly i think we could see a pretty active draft. I could see a bunch of teams moving players during that time frame. I could be wrong but with picks going for a premium and some teams owning a ton of them it could make for a very interesting draft.

itsmillertime
04-04-2013, 06:29 PM
If people would do some research on players gotten in a deal, they wouldn't make 1,000 dumb posts on boards everywhere. The Rangers have been trying to get Brassard for 3 years. His skill level is very high. However, he's not a good faceoff guy. He's usually 46% tops every year. The Rangers like Miller on wing and he's good on draws. I can see him eventually playing with Brassard and taking the draws. Brassard like Nash has never had a good supporting cast in Columbus. He's always been good on the PP though. Moore was a highly touted, defenseman prospect. To get him in the deal was key because Hamrlick is awful, Emminger and Stralman aren't much better. Clowe was easily worth the picks. The Rangers have tons of young guys all over the roster and if Torts doesn't ruin them, McIlrath, Fast, Miller and Kreider will be joining the team soon. There simply aren't openings on the big club for tons of young players. So the Rangers having a ton of picks is not that important this season.

NYRangers4Life
04-06-2013, 03:08 PM
These moves reminded me a lot of the 1994 Trade Deadline moves. We traded a "soft" player for grit and depth much like we did now. The additions of this year replaced the losses of Prust, Dubinsky and Anisimov. I'll be honest, I love the new look Rangers right now. We are playing with intensity and heart which we have lacked all season.