PDA

View Full Version : If You Were Dwight, Where Would You Sign Next Year & Near Future: Lakers or Rockets?

JordansBulls
04-03-2013, 02:56 PM
If You Were Dwight, Where Would You Sign Next Year & Near Future: Lakers or Rockets?

NYJ - NYY
04-03-2013, 03:08 PM
despite being the main star in LA.... id go with houston... better supporting cast and brighter future

lakerboy
04-03-2013, 03:10 PM
LA. Better city, more taxes, but better endorsement deals.

By 2014, LA will have a ton of cap space with almost everybody expiring. Mitch Kupchak will deliver!

lakerboy
04-03-2013, 03:11 PM
and LA can offer more money too

GiantsSwaGG
04-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Knicks

KnickaBocka.44
04-03-2013, 03:21 PM
You forgot the Nets, he is definitely ending up on the Nets no matter what!!!!!

;)

WHODAT8o8
04-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Rockets, McHale can teach him a little bit about the post and I believe harden and dwight will work a lot better than kobe and dwight.

RLundi
04-03-2013, 03:32 PM

By 2014, LA will have a ton of cap space with almost everybody expiring. Mitch Kupchak will deliver!

Houston is also a great city in it's own right. With a young team, a better coach, a superstar in Harden and lots of potential, Houston is the better option.

GiantsSwaGG
04-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Houston is also a great city in it's own right. With a young team, a better coach, a superstar in Harden and lots of potential, Houston is the better option.

Houston is a dangerous city. Stop it

slaker619
04-03-2013, 03:35 PM
#LA if they get the right pieces to be a better team this offseason if not the Rockets

29$JerZ
04-03-2013, 03:36 PM
He should just stay in LA or go to Houston.
It makes zero sense for him to go back East unless him and Chris Paul team up on the Hawks.

macc
04-03-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't think he can go wrong with either choice. In Houston he would have Harden who I think would be a much better compliment to him then Kobe and I think he won't get critisized as much there...though how can you go wrong with LA? I'm sure it's a pain in the *** dealing with an Alpha male in Kobe right now but he'll be gone and LA will be his team very soon.

My gut says LA. I don't see how a superstar would leave LA and more money on the table to go elsewhere. Though you never know if playing along side Kobe has messed with his mind a bit. In Orlando he was the center of the offense, EVERYTHING was ran through him, in LA he's basically a glorified role player (not literally), he might say screw it he'll go elsewhere. You can clearly see he doesn't have the chemistry (on and off the court) with his LA teammates as he did in Orlando.

macc
04-03-2013, 03:43 PM
I would include Dallas in the mix. I could Dwight very easily going to that franchise as well. I think they are in it as much as anyone.

Diesel44
04-03-2013, 04:06 PM

Yeah LA is a real safe place.

D-Leethal
04-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Houston.

I think hes already off on a bad foot in LA. Hes going to have a very short leash with the fans and writers, especially once Kobe is gone, and the fans are already going to have him on thin ice from the get-go. I don't see him as a guy who thrives with that sort of pressure.

Houston would be a clean slate where he would be looked at as a hero right off the bat. The pressure is nowhere near what it is in LA and theres actually a future outside of 'hey MAYBE we can sign this guy in 2015'.

Kevj77
04-03-2013, 04:20 PM
LA has a lot in its favor as well. It is the #2 market in the country without an NFL team. Not only do they own LA, they are the most popular team in the country. He will make more endorsements in LA, they can pay him more than Houston. Lakers will have a ton of cap space after next year and the team will be Howard's.

I do think Houston has a real chance because what you said is true, but we all know that these decisions are made based on more than just basketball reasons. Market, location, endorsements, and total compensation all are factors and LA has the advantage in all of these categories. IMO it is already between Houston and LA nobody else has a chance.

Utd7
04-03-2013, 04:44 PM
I think he will stay because of the extra money he can earn with the Lakers but the better fit is Houston. A core of Howard/Harden/Parsons is a damn good one.

b@llhog24
04-03-2013, 04:51 PM
despite being the main star in LA.... id go with houston... better supporting cast and brighter future

A Healthy Howard>>Harden.

KnicksorBust
04-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq... it does seem only fitting that he stay but with Nash and Kobe at the end of their careers I just don't see the value. The HOPE of a FA joining you?

Houston is a no brainer. Jeremy Lin (the forgotten man here?) and Harden are both great in the PnR and would work wonders for Dwight. Plus Harden-Parsons can space the floor nicely for him to get work in the post.

shep33
04-03-2013, 05:30 PM
LA without a doubt. Huge market, and one of the greatest franchises in sports. All the off-court endorsement deals, plus it's LA.

Next, he goes to Houston he's still option #2 behind Harden, doesn't matter which way you slice it, he won't be a number 1 option there.

He sticks with LA, Kobe will be gone soon and the Lakers build around him. His franchise.

Oh and the $ difference is prettty crazy. He won't get another pay day like this in his career

ManRam
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
it's tough.

he can shine in and LA; most of the narratives suggesting otherwise are overblown. without context, playing for the lakers always has to be the obvious choice. it's the lakers. they win and they get talent to surround their stars.

the rockets might be an exception to that rule because they have harden (who i think dwight could gel with well) and a nice collection of young talent too. it's a better fit and would lead to more success in the short term.

i think he stays though...and proves a lot of people (even lakers fans who seriously wanted him traded) wrong.

odiz
04-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Houston obviously has the brighter future based on their current rosters. But LA is LA, its the 2nd biggest market in the US and the Lakers will always be able to attract stars.

rockets-fan
04-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Smart basketball choice is Houston, outside of basketball I think anyone would choose LA, besides us Houstonians that love our city. Can't say I want Dwight though, I'd rather the clippers get eliminated in the first round and Paul leaves to play with harden here in Houston...hey a fan can dream right?

Avenged
04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Can't go wrong with either.

Houston is up-and-coming BUT L.A is L.A.. The talent is almost always there, and with Kobe most likely retiring after next season, the team is ALL his (just like he wants).

RLundi
04-03-2013, 06:38 PM

Um, no, I won't stop it, whatever it is...?

LA is plenty dangerous too, just in case you were confused.

Hawkeye15
04-03-2013, 06:51 PM
What he should do? Houston. But I think he stays in LA.

Dade County
04-03-2013, 06:52 PM
HEAT or OKC...

Other then that, the Nets.

aztr0
04-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Brooklyn.

GunFactor187
04-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Knicks

This. Dwight/Amar'e/Melo

farren.louis
04-03-2013, 07:43 PM
If he goes to houston , China will also pay him. He can get wayyyyy more $ and Championships.

OceanSpray
04-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Sign with a crappy system that doesn't work or a system with a good coach and young talent.. Hmmm, not really debatable. Even though LAL is the best situation for any player because of the great attraction it brings, Houston can really do some damage right now with Harden and Howard.

shep33
04-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Lot of money he's leaving on the table if he walks from LA. Not only from his contract, but also Endorsement deals etc.

tr3ymill3r
04-03-2013, 08:41 PM

WE ARE NOT F*^%&ING DANGEROUS, IF I COULD HEADBUTT YOU THROUGH THE SCREEN, I WOULD! Seriously, every city has it's bad parts, ours is just unknown, because nobody is stupid enough to go down there and document it.

mngopher35
04-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Lot of money he's leaving on the table if he walks from LA. Not only from his contract, but also Endorsement deals etc.

Agreed, which is why I think he chooses LA. Houston would be very very good if they got him though.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Didnt he have an option to be traded to Houston and said no?

If that was the case, I dont see why he would now

ABOMB_56
04-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Didnt he have an option to be traded to Houston and said no?

If that was the case, I dont see why he would now

If I recall correctly, that was prior to the Harden trade.

pedrofan45
04-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Dwight's not going anywhere.

Sinattle
04-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Houston, because D'antoni's in LA

SteBO
04-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Bingo. I have a VERY hard time seeing him leave LA. Lakers are in a pretty good spot in this situation if you ask me, plus it's not like Dwight hates it up there. In fact, didn't he once say that he could see LA as part of his future? Nothing to worry about Laker fans.....

hail2skins4life
04-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Lakers for sure. It seems to me that Kobe's drive to win is starting to rub off on Dwight. He is also getting healthy. I'm telling you, if Dwight and Kobe really start clicking, they could win multiple championships. I mean lets be real here, Kobe is never going to slow down. He is gonna be 40 years old and still capable of putting up 30 a game.

ABOMB_56
04-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Lakers for sure. It seems to me that Kobe's drive to win is starting to rub off on Dwight. He is also getting healthy. I'm telling you, if Dwight and Kobe really start clicking, they could win multiple championships. I mean lets be real here, Kobe is never going to slow down. He is gonna be 40 years old and still capable of putting up 30 a game.

At what expense though? He may put up 30, but if it is coming on 20-25 shots, it is hurting the Lakers more than it is helping them

king4day
04-03-2013, 09:41 PM
LA can offer the most money but Houston has a much brighter future if he went there. They are young and have rising stars. Just a ridiculously talented bunch.

c.c.
04-03-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm fine with Asik!!!

c.c.
04-03-2013, 09:50 PM
WE ARE NOT F*^%&ING DANGEROUS, IF I COULD HEADBUTT YOU THROUGH THE SCREEN, I WOULD! Seriously, every city has it's bad parts, ours is just unknown, because nobody is stupid enough to go down there and document it.

Lol true!

shep33
04-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Bingo. I have a VERY hard time seeing him leave LA. Lakers are in a pretty good spot in this situation if you ask me, plus it's not like Dwight hates it up there. In fact, didn't he once say that he could see LA as part of his future? Nothing to worry about Laker fans.....

Absolutely. If he walks, so be it, I'd love for him to stay, but he is pretty fickle lol.

That being said this might be Dwight's last big pay day. He's 27 I believe, so his chances at getting another 100 mill deal are pretty slim considering he's so reliant on his athletic skills.

Don't know if a team would give a 31 year old Dwight a massive contract if his athletic ability started to slip.

LeBron absolutely... Dwight, I probably wouldn't do it.

Also have to remember that he's somewhat messed up his relationship with the massive market in NYC (although it's still by far and always will be a Knicks town), so I don't see him doing the same thing to another massive market. He'd be losing so much money off the court it would be ridiculous.

Verbal Christ
04-03-2013, 10:21 PM
I think the feeling around here is pretty much indifferent though. He already shunned a deadline deal for a trade here last year, and it left a sour taste. He says he plays the game for championships and is dead set on winning a ring. LA is falling apart and have no new batch of stars on the horizon. Aging Vets and a stale outlook. Obviously, things can change quickly, but it wouldnt even have to be HTown, say he goes to another contending team like the Thunder it would mean he's serious about popping bottles.

If he stays in LA, well... money is cool too.

KingPosey
04-03-2013, 10:30 PM
People think DH is not getting touches in LA. True some games that happens, but if you look at his FT Ttempts if he fcking made some of them he'd be averaging 25 a game lol

Aust
04-03-2013, 10:33 PM
What about Dallas?

awmathewsjr
04-03-2013, 10:36 PM
and LA can offer more money too

How? They can offer the max as well as the Rockets

Verbal Christ
04-03-2013, 10:40 PM
How? They can offer the max as well as the Rockets

Lakers hold his Bird rights. They can offer an extra year worth roughly 30 MILL.

nickdymez
04-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Since LA can guarantee 30 more million, them....

b@llhog24
04-03-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm fine with Asik!!!

Asik is a beast. Rox should try to swing for anyone of Love/Ryan/LMA.

tkshy
04-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Let's see. Amnesty Kobe. Resign DH and sign CP3. Resign Kobe to vet min and moe him to Sf trade gasol fr a defensive 2. Sounds about right. Lol.

awmathewsjr
04-03-2013, 11:32 PM
#LA if they get the right pieces to be a better team this offseason if not the Rockets

Between Nash, Gasol, World Peace and Kobe the Lakers gotta pay close to 70 mil. So they won't be adding any new pieces. What you see is what you get.

DoMeFavors
04-03-2013, 11:36 PM
The Lakers no offense but no way am I living in Houston and no way am I playing for a team with Jeremy Lin and James Harden paid like they are stars. I am staying in LA where people actually want to go.

tr3ymill3r
04-03-2013, 11:39 PM
The only way the Lakers are going to retool is if and when Kobe retires, until then it will always be his team. Kobe says right now that next year might be his last, I doubt it.

awmathewsjr
04-03-2013, 11:40 PM
LA has a lot in its favor as well. It is the #2 market in the country without an NFL team. Not only do they own LA, they are the most popular team in the country. He will make more endorsements in LA, they can pay him more than Houston. Lakers will have a ton of cap space after next year and the team will be Howard's.

I do think Houston has a real chance because what you said is true, but we all know that these decisions are made based on more than just basketball reasons. Market, location, endorsements, and total compensation all are factors and LA has the advantage in all of these categories. IMO it is already between Houston and LA nobody else has a chance.

yeah but who's gonna be available in '14 besides Lebron? He's already 2nd fiddle to Kobe. I'm sure he doesn't wanna be 2nd fiddle to Lebron as well.

Htownballa1622
04-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Asik is a beast. Rox should try to swing for anyone of Love/Ryan/LMA.

LOVE :drool:

shep33
04-03-2013, 11:50 PM
The only way the Lakers are going to retool is if and when Kobe retires, until then it will always be his team. Kobe says right now that next year might be his last, I doubt it.

I honestly don't see him playing past next year. If we don't win a title next year, I think that's it for him. 4 years of intense prep and no title just seems like too much work on his body.

Moreover, the Lakers will want to move on as well. We moved on past Shaq, and there is no way they'd offer Kobe a lucrative deal to stick around.

DoMeFavors
04-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Im into the LA weather and LA chicks, country girls dont impress me they arent as good in bed.

MetroMan
04-04-2013, 12:24 AM
If Dwight does not sign with the Lakers..... He should try to be a Knick or a Thunder

mightybosstone
04-04-2013, 12:30 AM
If Dwight does not sign with the Lakers..... He should try to be a Knick or a Thunder

You are aware of this crazy thing called cap room, right? The Knicks and Thunder have none. The Rockets actually do. New York and OKC aren't even feasible options at this point.

JasonJohnHorn
04-04-2013, 12:31 AM
It would depend on how this season ends and what the front office does to correct the issues with roster and what they would be willing to do to keep good pieces around him, but LAL would be my first choice, there is just so much history there and Dwight has a lot to prove after how this season has been going.

static_inferno
04-04-2013, 01:27 AM
Houston has good, youthful players. Lin + Harden + Parsons + Dwight = one scary team: interior/exterior defense, playmakers, outside shooting, dribble drive. Essentially this team would have it all.

SoFreshNsoClean
04-04-2013, 01:32 AM
You are aware of this crazy thing called cap room, right? The Knicks and Thunder have none. The Rockets actually do. New York and OKC aren't even feasible options at this point.

This...

PurpleJesus
04-04-2013, 01:34 AM
If he cares about winning, Houston, if he wants what he seemed to want, which was to be the main guy in a big market, then the Lakers. Lakers can offer him more, so I assume he ends up there.

enitialdee
04-04-2013, 01:45 AM
Basketball reasons, Houston. Glitz n glamour, everything unrelated to basketball, LA.. But I will say, if Howard was to join the rockets, he'll have millions of millions of new d12 fans in china cheering for him..

enitialdee
04-04-2013, 01:50 AM
The Lakers no offense but no way am I living in Houston and no way am I playing for a team with Jeremy Lin and James Harden paid like they are stars. I am staying in LA where people actually want to go.

Are you Dwigth Howard???? Btw no offense, jersey is complete garbage..

Kevj77
04-04-2013, 01:52 AM
You are aware of this crazy thing called cap room, right? The Knicks and Thunder have none. The Rockets actually do. New York and OKC aren't even feasible options at this point.Which is why I feel it is a two team race at this point. I can't see him landing anywhere except LA or Houston. Houston is the better short term chance at winning. If he leaves LA as a free agent I can't see a better fit than Houston. LA is a bigger market, a extremely nice place to live, can offer an extra year and is a historic franchise were he would be the man. They will have cap space and have never been afraid to make big trades, so they could rebuild around Howard. Kobe will be gone after next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Houston, but I still think LA has a slight advantage.

fresh prince
04-04-2013, 02:06 AM
Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq... it does seem only fitting that he stay but with Nash and Kobe at the end of their careers I just don't see the value. The HOPE of a FA joining you?

Houston is a no brainer. Jeremy Lin (the forgotten man here?) and Harden are both great in the PnR and would work wonders for Dwight. Plus Harden-Parsons can space the floor nicely for him to get work in the post.

I hope Dwight realizes all these facts and leaves town for Houston. It makes too much sense..

He thinks he is good in the post when he is truly awful but the logic behind this appeals to what Dwight thinks of his game. He fashions himself as a aback to the basket force. When in reality he takes low percentage shots there and is a turnover machine.

My worst nightmare is Dwight staying here in LA and Mitch trying to build around him. He just doesn't have what it takes to lead a team to a title.

naps
04-04-2013, 02:16 AM
Houston. A much better young team. Harden and Dwight along with all the other young players will automatically make Houston a serious contender.

VendettaRed07
04-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Rockets should look elsewhere. They have Asik. Get an explosive forward. They need that a lot more than Dwight and all his issues.

THE GIPPER
04-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Houston or Denver

DumDum
04-04-2013, 03:06 AM
Rockets him and harden inside outside

JDMVP
04-04-2013, 04:14 AM
Is this really for real?? HAHAHAHA. Look im not even gonna say it as a LAKER fan but if watching last nights SHAQ retirement jersey or being in Jerry Buss's funeral and hearing all of those legends talk about how great it is to be a LAKER then idk what will inspire you. Dwight has the chance to become a global icon. The attention he will get if he signs with Houston compared to LA is not even a question, haha. Dwights personality only makes him fit to be a LAKER, to be in LA. When KOBE retires, he will be the main man of this proud Franchise. In the summer of 2014 they can sign anyone they want to help him WIN.

enitialdee
04-04-2013, 04:23 AM
As a rocket fan, I hope he stays in LA. His cocky arrogant attitude is perfect for Hollywood.

RiceOnTheRun
04-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Houston definitely seems nice. Howard isn't as much of a post-up center and he'd have two high powered PnR mates in Lin/Harden.

Also,

Lin
Harden
Parsons
T-Rob
Dwight

In 1-2 years, 4/5 of those guys will be in their mid 20s and Dwight will barely be reaching 30. That gives them another 5-6 years after to compete with OKC and whatever team Bron's on.

NBA-GMaster
04-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Dwight to Nets for Lopez, Wallace and 1st pick/s
CP3 and Jsmoove to Rockets in exchange for anyone in the roster except Harden, Parsons and Asik via sign and trade
Bynum to Cavs

fredv
04-04-2013, 07:10 AM
People saying he'll have more "deals" in LA than Houston don't know anything about business.

If Houston somehow manages to sign him, then trades a combo of Omer Asik (excellent center)+ a young piece like Motiejunas/Jones/Robinson + pick for a star PF, this team is set. Even though i'm no Lin fan, he seems to be coming around.

Lin
Harden
Parsons
STAR PF (think Kevin Love, LMA)
Howard

Then get some serious vet presence on the bench with guys like Delfino and other players who are ready to sign for the vet min.
And fire McHale.

1st year - deep playoff performance
2nd year - Finals

c.c.
04-04-2013, 07:29 AM

Have you been to Houston?

ATX
04-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Did someone say Harden is not a star? Really? Anyways, if I was Dwight, it's a no brainer for me. Houston it is. That team is poised for success. Sure he would make less, but he would have a much better chance for success, and winning certainly helps fill your pocket. I know that the drama and diva persona is a perfect fit for LA, but I'm not convinced that Howard wants to play alongside Kobe...Though Kobe I'm sure is desperate to keep him LA, as it certainly helps him in his quest for a 6th ring. So perhaps Kobe has started being more supportive of Howard as he realizes his time is coming. I just don't think LA's big enough for the two of them, so to speak. Houston is a perfectly nice city. Not sure why people are ragging on it so much.

ATX
04-04-2013, 09:58 AM
I dont have a problem with Houston just said I would never live there to boring and nothing going on for my taste, you might be biased also because you live there. Honestly what is there to do in Houston?

Drive up to Austin!

J/K

But Austin rules.

blystr2002
04-04-2013, 09:58 AM
If you take bias or hate out of it LA should be your only answer. In the NBA, only a handful of teams consistently win championships and even though they don't look like it right now LA is at the top of that list. If he cares about winning he would resign. Yes, Houston has good young players, but you don't think LA won't rebuild or trade for another star in the next 2 or 3 years. They always do and they always win.

kdspurman
04-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Sign with the Spurs and learn how from one of the best big's to ever play... (wonder what that would do for his image... lol)

But in all seriousness, I think Houston. Less pressure, less media scrutiny and probably a younger more dangerous team.

JordansBulls
04-04-2013, 10:12 AM
I dont have a problem with Houston just said I would never live there to boring and nothing going on for my taste, you might be biased also because you live there. Honestly what is there to do in Houston?

There is plenty to do here my friend. Not as much as Chicago, but at least in Houston you have other nearby cities such as San Antonio, Dallas, Austin where you can do stuff as well. The food is great, and Houston has better women that are finer than they do in LA.

MaloDaw9
04-04-2013, 10:28 AM
There is plenty to do here my friend. Not as much as Chicago, but at least in Houston you have other nearby cities such as San Antonio, Dallas, Austin where you can do stuff as well. The food is great, and Houston has better women that are finer than they do in LA.

Isn't Houston the fattest city in America? I have lived in LA and been to Houston a couple times and your dead wrong about the women. You can find great food and nice places anywhere but Houston is flat,hot as ****,boring,smells bad the list is endless. LA > HOU for everything.

Jabears85
04-04-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm Bias and say go to the Bulls after the amnisty Boozer and clear some cap space to sign him.....He's the best Defensive player in the game, add that to the best Defensive team in the league and you have multiple championships....plus bulls could move some players to get another superstar is they wanted, put together a package of Noah (who i love and would hate to see go) and M. Teague and that bobcats pick for the likes of OJ Mayo or something

MaloDaw9
04-04-2013, 10:32 AM
People saying he'll have more "deals" in LA than Houston don't know anything about business.

Dont know anything about business eh..

2nd largest market in the United States vs The 5th largest.. Hmm..

sep11ie
04-04-2013, 10:32 AM
DoMeFavors not wanting to go to Houston just made Houston a more attractive city.

MaloDaw9
04-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Choice is easy. One look at the banners, the trophy case, the HOFers, the glitz the glam, the movie stars, the money, the socal lifestyle. Ha! All the people thinking he will choose anything else are dreaming.

The Laker's are basketball heaven. The rest of you losers should bow down and pay homage to our greatness.

sep11ie
04-04-2013, 10:59 AM
You are forgetting the rape, the H.I.V., inner turmoil, broke state, and purple Jerseys.

MaloDaw9
04-04-2013, 11:07 AM
You are forgetting the rape, the H.I.V., inner turmoil, broke state, and purple Jerseys.

You strike me as a guy who is always scared and easily intimidated. Believe me life aint all roses kid but you need to live a little.

sep11ie
04-04-2013, 11:14 AM
You strike me as a guy who is always scared and easily intimidated. Believe me life aint all roses kid but you need to live a little.

Tell me more. I'll never learn if you don't teach me.

maddBat
04-04-2013, 11:15 AM
brooooooklyyynnnnnnnnnn! jp. dont know how he'd end up here. but it would be wise to stay with the lakers. moneywise.

JiffyMix88
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Harden&Howard >>> Kobe&Howard

justinnum1
04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Houston. Harden is already better than Kobe, he is going to be a beast in his prime. Plus Kobe might retire next year. No reason for Dwight to stay in LA if he wants to win.

enitialdee
04-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Choice is easy. One look at the banners, the trophy case, the HOFers, the glitz the glam, the movie stars, the money, the socal lifestyle. Ha! All the people thinking he will choose anything else are dreaming.

The Laker's are basketball heaven. The rest of you losers should bow down and pay homage to our greatness. so you play for the lakers??? You're apart of that greatness??? LAME
This is perfect example why Lakers fan are the most annoying *****assness fanbase. Laker barley clinging on to the 8th spot, and lames like this poster still blah blah yak yak..

futureman
04-04-2013, 01:37 PM
I think both Dwight and CP3 will go to the Mavs or the Hawks.

nickdymez
04-04-2013, 01:43 PM
so you play for the lakers??? You're apart of that greatness??? LAME
This is perfect example why Lakers fan are the most annoying *****assness fanbase. Laker barley clinging on to the 8th spot, and lames like this poster still blah blah yak yak..

Your bringing up one year of basketball compared to like 50 of greatness... Its called respect. I hate the Yankees but respect the greatness... Let me guess, your a Bobcat fan?

shep33
04-04-2013, 01:56 PM
I think both Dwight and CP3 will go to the Mavs or the Hawks.

I don't think Dallas can afford both of them. They'd have to trade Marion who's making over 9 mill. If Mayo opts in (which I doubt, but still possible), that actually makes it worse.

Dirk, Marion, VC are making around 34-35 mill combined next year. I don't see how they can make it work with CP3 + Dwight. Cap is at 58 right?

enitialdee
04-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Your bringing up one year of basketball compared to like 50 of greatness... Its called respect. I hate the Yankees but respect the greatness... Let me guess, your a Bobcat fan?

Actually Rockets fan.. I'll give the laker history props, but respect the lakers??? Naw, they got it toooooo easy, you know I'm not lying. I give respect to small market teams, who have a hard time attracting players, but still manage to win, example the Spurs.

nickdymez
04-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Actually Rockets fan.. I'll give the laker history props, but respect the lakers??? Naw, they got it toooooo easy, you know I'm not lying. I give respect to small market teams, who have a hard time attracting players, but still manage to win, example the Spurs.

So you dont respect the Lakers because you believe that they have it easy because they are in LA? What about the Knicks? What about all the other major market teams who dont win? How come the Clippers dont win?

MaloDaw9
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
So you dont respect the Lakers because you believe that they have it easy because they are in LA? What about the Knicks? What about all the other major market teams who dont win? How come the Clippers dont win?

Great point, what about the Knicks? They have more money and a bigger market than any other team.

sep11ie
04-04-2013, 02:18 PM

I don't think you realize how popular the Rockets are in China. He would become a global icon.

MaloDaw9
04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't think you realize how popular the Rockets are in China. He would become a global icon.

I bet Dwight falls asleep at night dreaming about being a Chinese icon. Great point.

sep11ie
04-04-2013, 02:29 PM
^This dude is getting too irrational to even toy with.^

He's already known by everyone that's gonna know him in the states. He's not going to lose endorsements by leaving LA. Houston is a HUGE city and a large market. Iy's not like he didn't have endorsements or wasn't known in ORLANDO.

enitialdee
04-04-2013, 02:37 PM

Not just being in LA, well that is a big part of it, it's just the laker organization as a whole have it to easy.

YankeesR#2
04-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Getting back to the question of the thread, I think he would be better off in Houston.

When people say LA can offer him more money part of it is because they can offer an extra year. This is a lot more signifigant to an older player, Howard can just go out and sign a new contract covering that extra year. Then you have to take into consideration the fact that the state income tax in California is higher than it is in Texas, if Texas even has one.

The only thing that will keep Howard in LA is that he is like the girl who can't say no. He wants to please everyone and after the debacle in Orlando he might just not have the stomach to leave LA.

ATX
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Getting back to the question of the thread, I think he would be better off in Houston.

When people say LA can offer him more money part of it is because they can offer an extra year. This is a lot more signifigant to an older player, Howard can just go out and sign a new contract covering that extra year. Then you have to take into consideration the fact that the state income tax in California is higher than it is in Texas, if Texas even has one.

The only thing that will keep Howard in LA is that he is like the girl who can't say no. He wants to please everyone and after the debacle in Orlando he might just not have the stomach to leave LA.

It does not...And I agree, Houstom seems like a more logical fit for Howard.

obie
04-04-2013, 03:19 PM
if i were Dwight, i'd first stop being such a big ***** *** *****. then, i would sit down with Kobe and apologize for being such a *****, and get on the same page. then, i would use my size and start dominating mother ****ers. and THEN, i would resign with the Lakers because they will always have money to have a contending team.

c.c.
04-04-2013, 04:03 PM

Dude you from New Jersey. Lol, y'all are like New York's little sister. Y'all cities are so unpopular and under populated that you are recognized by your state as a whole. Houston is the 4th largest city and Texas is the 2nd largest state. What ever y'all have in New Jersey, I'm pretty sure we have it in Houston. Btw you noticed I'm comparing a state to a city, that's sad! Brooklyn took your basketball team and New York uses your state so the Giants and Jets can play football there. I bet every time you wanna do something interesting, you gotta go to New York aka New Jersey's big brother!

fresh prince
04-04-2013, 04:20 PM

Youre joking right?

I want to Dwight to leave LA as much as the next guy but it sure as hell wont be because the women are finer.

Dallas you could make a case but Houston nope. Texas as a whole does have some fine women though I must agree.

shep33
04-04-2013, 04:35 PM
I actually think his fga's wouldn't increase in Houston considering they have Lin, Harden, Parsons, etc. who need to get shots up.

Dwight wants to be a #1 option, and as long as Harden is there he's #2 (in my opinion at least, since Harden is superior to Dwight on that end).

fresh prince
04-04-2013, 04:46 PM
so you play for the lakers??? You're apart of that greatness??? LAME

Not to be preachy but a good rule in life is to never base your opinion of a group whether it be a race, fan base religion or whatever on the actions of 1 person. Think of the flip side. 1 or even 5 jackwagons from whatever team you support spouts off some dumb ******* and then your fanbase is laveled based on those guys.

Every group has its loose cannons.

Verbal Christ
04-04-2013, 10:54 PM
I actually think his fga's wouldn't increase in Houston considering they have Lin, Harden, Parsons, etc. who need to get shots up.

Dwight wants to be a #1 option, and as long as Harden is there he's #2 (in my opinion at least, since Harden is superior to Dwight on that end).

Harden gets his 26/night on just 17 shots. Dwight would be the 1st/2nd option every time down the court, of course he would get more shots here. Its a team orientated offense with no black hole,ball stopper.

Verbal Christ
04-04-2013, 11:02 PM
I never understood the appeal of LA. I've been there several times, and apart from the ritzy hills the place is a crapper. bums everywhere and wierdo zombie's walking the streets. Add to that the highest concentration of gangs/gang members and its strange how anyone would take the stance that LA is some kind of Mecca. I dont hate the city, but definitely wouldnt say its a 1st choice for many people trying to relocate, unless you're in the movie/music industry. Other than that what does the city offer a prospective transfer?

Houston is the energy capital of the world. You can buy a mini mansion here for about 500K. What does that get you in LA? An apartment? Night life is the same all over the country, nothing special about LA's clubs/bars etc... Vegas has much better clubs IMO. LA women are all fake, both literally and figuratively. You need to step out to like San Diego or San Fran to meet a decent, non gold digging girl. I will say that the beaches are nicer in LA, but people here in Houston usually just jump on a cruise ship and take in the Mexican Riviera or a short flight into the Caribbean. Not sure why HTown all of a sudden is the whipping boy for some of you, why do so many professional athletes live here if it sucks so bad? :shrug: If I'm not mistaken Houston has been voted by multiple magazines as being the "it" locale for young professionals, so take that for what its worth (something tells me that not too many of you are young professionals so it may not ring home)

IMHO nothing really beats the Pacific Northwest, awesome people and a breathtaking backdrop.

Vinylman
04-04-2013, 11:09 PM
man... its always funny to watch the defensive fans of inferior organizations and cities

pure entertainment...

maybe a mod could do their job and get the thread back on topic

As for D12 ... He will be back in the same place he was last summer before he got traded .... Los Angeles

Verbal Christ
04-04-2013, 11:22 PM
man... its always funny to watch the defensive fans of inferior organizations and cities

pure entertainment...

maybe a mod could do their job and get the thread back on topic

As for D12 ... He will be back in the same place he was last summer before he got traded .... Los Angeles

As opposed to watching the offensive fans of superior cities? LOL what are you some tyrant? Hey you do live in Portland though, so at least you do have that going for you.

Jint.
04-04-2013, 11:40 PM
He'll probally join the super friends..:hi5:

OceanSpray
04-04-2013, 11:50 PM
I didn't even go to Six Flags in New Jersey because I hate going to that dump.

htownlegend
04-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Everyone keeps mentioning the fact that the Lakers could over more money, but whats California's State Tax looking like? We don't have a State Tax in Texas..

OceanSpray
04-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Everyone keeps mentioning the fact that the Lakers could over more money, but whats California's State Tax looking like? We don't have a State Tax in Texas..

Pretty sure Texas does have state taxes depending on your specific location. Anyways, playing for the LAL gives you more options for endorsements. It's just a bigger market with more investors.

Vinylman
04-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Pretty sure Texas does have state taxes depending on your specific location. Anyways, playing for the LAL gives you more options for endorsements. It's just a bigger market with more investors.

nah, texas doesn't have state tax but that factor is pretty overblown since the player pays taxes based upon where the game is played... not his state of residence or the state his team is in... on $100 million contract it is probably no more than $3-4 million in total.

What people don't understand is that Localized endorsements is much more lucrative in places like LA and NY. The guy on the Lakers who is always talking about this is MWP. He desperately doesn't want to get amnestied this summer for that reason... he has even floated the idea of opting out and signing a much reduced 3 year deal.

htownlegend
04-05-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm pretty sure it doesnt have a State Tax as only seven states in the US don't, Texas being one. Even so, my specific location is Houston and I dont pay State.. So when its all said and done we may be able to offer him more money. Endorsements I can see, but as mentioned before, he can make up for that in Chinese jersey sales.

htownlegend
04-05-2013, 12:40 AM

nah, texas doesn't have state tax but that factor is pretty overblown since the player pays taxes based upon where the game is played... not his state of residence or the state his team is in... on $100 million contract it is probably no more than $3-4 million in total.

What people don't understand is that Localized endorsements is much more lucrative in places like LA and NY. The guy on the Lakers who is always talking about this is MWP. He desperately doesn't want to get amnestied this summer for that reason... he has even floated the idea of opting out and signing a much reduced 3 year deal.

Right now he'd have to pay taxes in his residential state (Cal?) and the state where he worked (NY, etc), if he signed in Houston then he'd get away from the Residential state tax (TX). If you look at the Joe Flacco deal in Maryland and crunch the numbers then he's only walking away with about half of his actual contract money, so I'm willing to bet that he's losing more than $4M..

Vinylman
04-05-2013, 12:56 AM
Right now he'd have to pay taxes in his residential state (Cal?) and the state where he worked (NY, etc), if he signed in Houston then he'd get away from the Residential state tax (TX). If you look at the Joe Flacco deal in Maryland and crunch the numbers then he's only walking away with about half of his actual contract money, so I'm willing to bet that he's losing more than $4M..

This is wrong... and has been discussed ad nauseam in multiple threads...

athletes pay based on where the game is played not solely on their state of residence or team locale...

Texas definitely has an advantage as a non-taxing state but the savings isn't the difference between another states rate and Texas's (zero) it is much less

also, you don't pay state taxes in two locales for the same income... only one... so whatever he pays for games in NY he wouldn't be subject to paying taxes on that income in his state of residence.

houstonfan
04-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Literally every post in this thread gets deleted.... Mods are so cool!!!!

LAcowBOMBER
04-05-2013, 01:57 AM
^This dude is getting too irrational to even toy with.^

He's already known by everyone that's gonna know him in the states. He's not going to lose endorsements by leaving LA. Houston is a HUGE city and a large market. Iy's not like he didn't have endorsements or wasn't known in ORLANDO.

1. Endorsers pick endorsees based on their public appeal. More people will root for and care about Dwight as a Laker since they have such a large fan base hence he will be more desirable for companies

2. LA is so much more lucrative when it comes to local endorsement deals, especially for Dwight, and especially when Kobe retires.

lol, please
04-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Obviously the Warriors. He can come off the bench for Bogut.

DillyDill
04-05-2013, 04:13 AM
Lakers at the end of the day it's about that money. And there's no way in hell he's leaving 30 mill on the table

mightybosstone
04-05-2013, 08:44 AM
You have property taxes and there's always going to be a sales tax, but there isn't a state income tax, which is a big deal for professional athletes who make millions. Also, the Texas economy is one of the best in the nation, while California's is probably the worst, so you can always cont on being taxed far higher in Cali than in Texas. And all of that is way before you consider the insane cost of living in LA.

htownlegend
04-05-2013, 12:17 PM
This is wrong... and has been discussed ad nauseam in multiple threads...

athletes pay based on where the game is played not solely on their state of residence or team locale...

Texas definitely has an advantage as a non-taxing state but the savings isn't the difference between another states rate and Texas's (zero) it is much less

also, you don't pay state taxes in two locales for the same income... only one... so whatever he pays for games in NY he wouldn't be subject to paying taxes on that income in his state of residence.

I tend to disagree with you and so do these people:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/the-jock-tax/

tr3ymill3r
04-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Haven't we already decided that the Houston Rockets are going to do sign and trades with both the Clippers and Lakers dealing Lin and Asik to both in return for CP3 and Dwight Howard. That allows them to get their max money and the Rockets might have to move some things around and ultimately lose a guy like Parsons.

Stinkyoutsider
04-05-2013, 12:53 PM
If I was him, I would go to Houston. I think Howard is really interested in setting up his own legacy at this point. And, I'm not sure if he wants to share that light with anyone, whether it's Kobe or the linage of great bigs in LA (Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, ...)

It Houston, he would be the man again. Harden is a star but he's very unselfish and might even allow Howard to be the number 1 option/star on the team.

As far as other options, I really do think Howard would have benefitted more by going to a team without a star? Like a team who he could turn into a playoff team by going there. I think it's about legacy with the guy and what better legacy to have than to turn around a team and make them competitive.

He actually should take a 2nd look at Chicago. Rose is so quiet and reserved that Howard would come in and instantly be the biggest star. I heard in the past that Addidas might not be interested in putting those 2 together in the same city but I think Chicago is a big enough market to get away with this.

Verbal Christ
04-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Dont underestimate endorsement dollars that funnel into Rockets players from China. When Chuck Hayes can get a multimillion dollar shoe deal over there it speaks volumes. Dwight would be a God to a couple billion people. Get some photo ops with Yao and back up the brinks trucks.

Vinylman
04-05-2013, 04:57 PM

California lets you offset state taxes paid elsewhere... its a non-issue and my point stands... In addition, you are making an assumption that D12 is a resident in a state with income taxes...

nice try though

gatkins11
04-05-2013, 09:29 PM
I don't think Dallas can afford both of them. They'd have to trade Marion who's making over 9 mill. If Mayo opts in (which I doubt, but still possible), that actually makes it worse.

Dirk, Marion, VC are making around 34-35 mill combined next year. I don't see how they can make it work with CP3 + Dwight. Cap is at 58 right?

Marion can be dealt and Mayo will certainly opt out. Marion has value, and his contract expires in 2014. VC still has value for a contending team if Dallas needed to get rid of him. I guess it's possible, albeit improbable.

htownlegend
04-05-2013, 10:10 PM

California lets you offset state taxes paid elsewhere... its a non-issue and my point stands... In addition, you are making an assumption that D12 is a resident in a state with income taxes...

nice try though

It's all assumptions until we see his returns.

We're also assuming that we want that cancer in our locker room

DTownSkitzo
04-05-2013, 10:27 PM
If Houston can move Asik and let their FAs and team option players walk they could make a run for CP3 and Dwight assuming the salary cap is around what it was this year.

Vinylman
04-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Seeing as how he owns a house in both CAL AND FL I would be willing to bet that he's a resident.

your post proves your lack of understanding about residency...

btw... do you have a credible link showing D12 owns a home in California?

Losoway
04-05-2013, 11:18 PM
man he is def going to houston. people keep saying this la has better endorsements . DWIGHT hasnt gotten any major endorsements , had about 1 terrible Footlocker commercial that was scraped for james harden footlocker commercial . he hasnt gotten any movie role. his jersey sales didnt increase nor his sneakers. so my point being houston has more to offer a young team. a great point guard . a great star and supporting case

Aust
04-05-2013, 11:25 PM
man he is def going to houston. people keep saying this la has better endorsements . DWIGHT hasnt gotten any major endorsements , had about 1 terrible Footlocker commercial that was scraped for james harden footlocker commercial . he hasnt gotten any movie role. his jersey sales didnt increase nor his sneakers. so my point being houston has more to offer a young team. a great point guard . a great star and supporting case

:eyebrow:
You were preaching to the heavens that he was going to Brooklyn and there was absolutely no way he would end up in LA. Don't make me put that sig back on with those quotes.

Losoway
04-06-2013, 03:22 AM
:eyebrow:
You were preaching to the heavens that he was going to Brooklyn and there was absolutely no way he would end up in LA. Don't make me put that sig back on with those quotes.

i also was the one that said the lakers would have a ****** season. guess who was right :D

AsfanSince99
04-06-2013, 03:55 AM
Philadelphia

Kevj77
04-06-2013, 04:21 AM
The state income tax issue matter, but it is a fact that they pay taxes based on the state the game is played. Lakers can give higher yearly raises by 2% and a extra year.

Anyone saying that you won't get more endorsements in LA doesn't know what they are talking about. Local endorsements matter so does national exposure. Sure poeple like Jordan, Lebron or Bo Jackson can get huge endorsements no matter where they play.

However Howard isn't Jordan, Lebron, or Bo.

monty77
04-06-2013, 06:19 AM
It's clear enough that Rockets could offer him a better future project than Lakers. If you check Rockets' roster you can see that they have a very young core and the most important of all, they have a superstar player such as James Harden.

They don't need many steps forwards to get a contender team as they only must to sign Howard and take a good PG like Brandon Jennings or Calderon in exchange of Asik, who would be needless if they fetch Howard.

Everybody knows that Rockets bet on Harden when they paid him the maximum contract and they have won, so next year it will be the moment to bet again getting a player like Howard who has made reasonable doubts this year in L.A.

I think that Houston Rockets would be a true contender next year if they have the next team: Calderon or Jennings/ Lin/ Brooks; Harden/ Lin; Parsons/ 2013 draft pick; Montiejunas/ T.Robinson/ Greg Smith; Howard/ Montiejunas.

If Calderon join to them, there would be a lot of smart guys in the same team because in my opinion, Harden, Lin and Parsons are the best players in this regard. It's important taking into account that they could feed to Howard and let him to score easily. Besides, there wouldn't be ego troubles in Houston.

SeoulBeatz
04-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Rockets, better future by a mile.

enitialdee
04-06-2013, 02:10 PM
I never understood the appeal of LA. I've been there several times, and apart from the ritzy hills the place is a crapper. bums everywhere and wierdo zombie's walking the streets. Add to that the highest concentration of gangs/gang members and its strange how anyone would take the stance that LA is some kind of Mecca. I dont hate the city, but definitely wouldnt say its a 1st choice for many people trying to relocate, unless you're in the movie/music industry. Other than that what does the city offer a prospective transfer?

Houston is the energy capital of the world. You can buy a mini mansion here for about 500K. What does that get you in LA? An apartment? Night life is the same all over the country, nothing special about LA's clubs/bars etc... Vegas has much better clubs IMO. LA women are all fake, both literally and figuratively. You need to step out to like San Diego or San Fran to meet a decent, non gold digging girl. I will say that the beaches are nicer in LA, but people here in Houston usually just jump on a cruise ship and take in the Mexican Riviera or a short flight into the Caribbean. Not sure why HTown all of a sudden is the whipping boy for some of you, why do so many professional athletes live here if it sucks so bad? :shrug: If I'm not mistaken Houston has been voted by multiple magazines as being the "it" locale for young professionals, so take that for what its worth (something tells me that not too many of you are young professionals so it may not ring home)

IMHO nothing really beats the Pacific Northwest, awesome people and a breathtaking backdrop.
You're spot on bro, I was born and raise in SoCal and its so overrated. Moved to Houston in 02 and loved it since.

utl768
04-06-2013, 02:15 PM
laker fans dont want to hear this but the choice is obviously the rockets

kobe is retiring after next yr
nash is washed up
gasol is washed up

dwight is a stud when healthy but there is past the 2014 season the lakers are in deep trouble

rockets have a ton of cap space and a legit young star in harden

Chronz
04-06-2013, 02:36 PM

Houston is one of the best places, the resident athletes would attest to that.

But you got to put yourself in the mind of a multimillionaire, if you can afford the extravanges, LA is the place to be. Its not out of the way to take a flight, but when you can literally drive to the beach from the club, it offers a different experience. The afterparties at private beach houses are things of legend. LA offers the best combination of all the cities you mentioned, only without the cost friendly prices.

I love Vegas but I wouldn't want to live there, horrible weather (intense heat without a sea breeze sucks). Not sold on the women being fake either, but Im not a fan of generalizations, it would be like when I went to the club and partied near Stacy Keibler and pretending thats the norm in LA. Its not, but Im willing to bet it happens far more often when your in Hollywood. Ive had so many random encounters with celebs that I can imagine what it would be like if I was an actual celeb or rich out of my mind, seems like opportunities for great times would be greater here. Rich people dont care about bums that arent allowed in the private sectors where I imagine most **** dos down. Really its a minor hindrance (if at all) IMO

All that said, Dwight would be foolish to stay in LA over Houston IMO. Id care more about my basketball legacy than whatever difference the beaches or clubs of LA are like. Hell KG stayed in Boston because he wants to be remembered as a Celtic I guess, but he has a beach home in LA so hes not tripping.

BTW why do we have so many more homeless here?

Tony_Starks
04-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Going back to Cali strictly for the weather, women and the green......

Chronz
04-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Thats all opinion, you can find "better" women anywhere, theres enough in this world to find them everywhere.

But what do you mean not as much as Chicago? Whats so good about Chicago? I would much rather live in Houston than that crime ridden city. Im hearing the kids dont even have a choice when it comes to joining gangs.

CavsYanksDuke
04-06-2013, 03:13 PM
I would honestly talk with CP3 and team up with him. Then, I'd split the remaining cap space on the New Orleans team and have a lineup of this.

Paul
Gordon
Aminu (Maybe Wiggins after draft)
Davis
Howard

NBA-GMaster
04-06-2013, 08:45 PM
you forgot mavs.. these two teams (Rockets and Mavericks) will be stock pilling talents for next season.. Dwight and CP3 will surely sign in those 2 teams in seperate team.. CP3 to Rockets for Lin and add players plus pick then Dwight s&t to Mavs for 2 picks and add players..

Tony_Starks
04-06-2013, 09:49 PM
You guys do realize no player in their prime has walked away from the Lakers right?

The closest thing was Shaq and he wasn't in his prime and got kicked out.....

htownlegend
04-06-2013, 11:12 PM
There's multiple links out there stating that he bought a $20M mansion in Newport Beach..

You have any credible links showing that he doesn't own a home in CAL?

Vinylman
04-07-2013, 12:01 AM
There's multiple links out there stating that he bought a $20M mansion in Newport Beach..

You have any credible links showing that he doesn't own a home in CAL?

really? post one

it is a myth

Vinylman
04-07-2013, 12:02 AM
you forgot mavs.. these two teams (Rockets and Mavericks) will be stock pilling talents for next season.. Dwight and CP3 will surely sign in those 2 teams in seperate team.. CP3 to Rockets for Lin and add players plus pick then Dwight s&t to Mavs for 2 picks and add players..

you sir have an awesome understanding of the CBA and how the Lakers operate...

just in case you didn't know

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mightybosstone
04-07-2013, 01:00 AM
really? post one

it is a myth
Google it, bro. There are a ton of links which pop up. Here are a few. I don't feel like posting more, because anybody who has used a computer could Google it and find this information for himself...
http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/08/dwight-howard-bought-a-house-in-newport-beach-for-20-million-with-a-check
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2012/08/dwight_howard_house_newport_be.php
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/celebrity/dwight-howard-buy-20-million-house-la-check/
http://www.lakersnation.com/video-why-do-kobe-and-dwight-howard-want-to-live-in-newport-coast/2012/09/17/
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/dwight_howard_bought_a_house_in_newport_beach_for_ 20_million_with_a_check/11483044

amos1er
04-07-2013, 01:16 AM
Thats all opinion, you can find "better" women anywhere, theres enough in this world to find them everywhere.

But what do you mean not as much as Chicago? Whats so good about Chicago? I would much rather live in Houston than that crime ridden city. Im hearing the kids dont even have a choice when it comes to joining gangs.

Speaking of LA women, have you seen this yet lol

Having lived in LA my whole life I find this hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBiR2rKU69U

Aust
04-07-2013, 02:07 AM
laker fans dont want to hear this but the choice is obviously the rockets

kobe is retiring after next yr
nash is washed up
gasol is washed up

dwight is a stud when healthy but there is past the 2014 season the lakers are in deep trouble

rockets have a ton of cap space and a legit young star in harden

All I see is CAP SPACE BABY! :D

shep33
04-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Not trying to start anything, but I don't see Houston winning a championship with Howard on their team. I still think OKC and Miami are easily better squads.

Another thing, people say that Dwight will be playing in the shadow of LA big men... uhh, Hakeem is pretty damn good in his own right. I mean, Dwight would be going to a smaller market, playing in the shadow of a guy who won two titles himself.

eternal slumber
04-07-2013, 02:38 AM
Not trying to start anything, but I don't see Houston winning a championship with Howard on their team. I still think OKC and Miami are easily better squads.

Another thing, people say that Dwight will be playing in the shadow of LA big men... uhh, Hakeem is pretty damn good in his own right. I mean, Dwight would be going to a smaller market, playing in the shadow of a guy who won two titles himself.

i agree that a core of Harden, Lin and Howard will have a difficult time of winning or competing for a title, but imagine if Howard outright sign Howard, that would guarantee Asik would be dealt.

just imagine what type of player a package of Asik plus either Robinson, Motiejunas or Jones might land.

shep33
04-07-2013, 03:08 AM
i agree that a core of Harden, Lin and Howard will have a difficult time of winning or competing for a title, but imagine if Howard outright sign Howard, that would guarantee Asik would be dealt.

just imagine what type of player a package of Asik plus either Robinson, Motiejunas or Jones might land.

True, they could get something back, but wouldn't Asik's contract be kind of hard to move? Doesn't he make 15 mill his last year? I'm not saying he's a bad player, I love Asik, but I wonder if teams would be turned off by the structure of his deal (same with Lin). Maybe they can work a S&T with Josh Smith?

eternal slumber
04-07-2013, 03:18 AM
True, they could get something back, but wouldn't Asik's contract be kind of hard to move? Doesn't he make 15 mill his last year? I'm not saying he's a bad player, I love Asik, but I wonder if teams would be turned off by the structure of his deal (same with Lin). Maybe they can work a S&T with Josh Smith?

the construction of his contract especially the last year would be quite huge but the team that would trade for him will be able to have him for 5 million for next year, which is quite a bargain.

also, that third year would be an expiring one, which would mean it will be an asset for a team whether they want to clear up space or trade it for assets.

maybe they can do a sign and trade with Atlanta. Asik, Motiejunas and White for Smith is a good deal for both teams IMO.

shep33
04-07-2013, 04:01 AM
the construction of his contract especially the last year would be quite huge but the team that would trade for him will be able to have him for 5 million for next year, which is quite a bargain.

also, that third year would be an expiring one, which would mean it will be an asset for a team whether they want to clear up space or trade it for assets.

maybe they can do a sign and trade with Atlanta. Asik, Motiejunas and White for Smith is a good deal for both teams IMO.

I think Smith ends up in Houston one way or another this summer. I wonder if ATL would do a deal. The interesting thing with Atlanta is that they can essentially afford CP3 and Dwight. I think they'll try and make a run at those two first, and if it doesn't work out (which it likely won't), then they maybe try to sign and trade Smith somewhere.

Going to be an interesting offseason to say the least! Can't wait!

eternal slumber
04-07-2013, 06:37 AM
I think Smith ends up in Houston one way or another this summer. I wonder if ATL would do a deal. The interesting thing with Atlanta is that they can essentially afford CP3 and Dwight. I think they'll try and make a run at those two first, and if it doesn't work out (which it likely won't), then they maybe try to sign and trade Smith somewhere.

Going to be an interesting offseason to say the least! Can't wait!

ATL is an interesting team on how they'll approach this off-season. this off-season and the summer of 2014 is just something to look forward to.

todu82
04-07-2013, 08:33 AM
I think he'll sign with the Rockets.

awmathewsjr
04-08-2013, 01:33 AM

1. Lin got 3 years 25 mil. That's far from star money, Kobe made more than that this season alone.

2. You obviously haven't watched a lick of basketball this year if you think Harden doesnt deserve every penny of his extension.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-08-2013, 02:06 AM
If Kobe retires, Lakers. Until then, another place. Houston has another star player that can fit Howard's game. It could work.

DDynO
04-08-2013, 02:09 AM
I think a lot of it has to do with whether the Lakers make the playoffs or not. Howard on our team would be nice, though.

b@llhog24
04-08-2013, 03:18 AM

"In Morey we trust"

Bob_at_york
04-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Guys lose the insults.

JEDean89
04-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Houston for sure. Dwight Harden would be a top 3 superstar tandem in the league and with Monteijunas and Robinson at the 4, they would have an awesome front court in like a year or two. The only thing I would do If I was the Rockets would be to try and Trade Lin and Asik and acquire Dwight and Jennings. Jennings, Harden, Parsons, Robinson, Dwight would be a ridiculously high scoring team and with dwight they would start to have a good defense too.

sventhedog
04-08-2013, 09:46 PM
since he's so sensitive, houston makes more sense. he'll get less pressure while lin takes all the blame. lol.

Blitzace137
04-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Houston for sure. Dwight Harden would be a top 3 superstar tandem in the league and with Monteijunas and Robinson at the 4, they would have an awesome front court in like a year or two. The only thing I would do If I was the Rockets would be to try and Trade Lin and Asik and acquire Dwight and Jennings. Jennings, Harden, Parsons, Robinson, Dwight would be a ridiculously high scoring team and with dwight they would start to have a good defense too.

Jennings is a Chucker I wouldn't want him on my team. Him and Harden can't co-exist imo.

Verbal Christ
04-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Houston is one of the best places, the resident athletes would attest to that.

But you got to put yourself in the mind of a multimillionaire, if you can afford the extravanges, LA is the place to be. Its not out of the way to take a flight, but when you can literally drive to the beach from the club, it offers a different experience. The afterparties at private beach houses are things of legend. LA offers the best combination of all the cities you mentioned, only without the cost friendly prices.

I love Vegas but I wouldn't want to live there, horrible weather (intense heat without a sea breeze sucks). Not sold on the women being fake either, but Im not a fan of generalizations, it would be like when I went to the club and partied near Stacy Keibler and pretending thats the norm in LA. Its not, but Im willing to bet it happens far more often when your in Hollywood. Ive had so many random encounters with celebs that I can imagine what it would be like if I was an actual celeb or rich out of my mind, seems like opportunities for great times would be greater here. Rich people dont care about bums that arent allowed in the private sectors where I imagine most **** dos down. Really its a minor hindrance (if at all) IMO

All that said, Dwight would be foolish to stay in LA over Houston IMO. Id care more about my basketball legacy than whatever difference the beaches or clubs of LA are like. Hell KG stayed in Boston because he wants to be remembered as a Celtic I guess, but he has a beach home in LA so hes not tripping.

BTW why do we have so many more homeless here?

If the 'party life' is what is going to drive Dwights decision then no way Houston can compete, thats obvious. With that said we have uber trendy spots around here to that cater to those who just want to 'blow money fast' ... strip club capital of the country, we can drive to the beach too, albeit not the prettiest, but I'm not making excuses for my city. People around here are as real as it gets. True southern hospitality, a hugely diverse city that has plenty of niche neighborhoods to explore and blend in without being accosted by star struck fans ... true story real quick ... JJ Watt who is crazy popular in this city loves to eat at Panera Bread, in particular the one in Pearland, and the man can go in, order his food and the people leave him be until he's done eating and if he's up for it a few photo's and small talk. Stars cant get that in LA dude, they get mobbed by paparazzi, and to me that would completely turn me off, but maybe that is the allure that you talk about, craving the attention. Not sure that is what drives Dwight, but I dont know him like that.

The 'bum situation' really makes it uncomfortable for a tourist at least. Im sure that you and all the other residents of that city know where to go and how to avoid the bums, but in the tourist sector and other spots its straight up crawling with bums. I dont know why, maybe they were all the not-so-happy stories of Hollywood fame. I dunno doesnt really bother me until they invade my space, but my girl just couldnt relax and was on edge most of the time thinking we would get mugged or something! Whatever, it is what it is.

If Dwight wants to win a championship he leaves LA, simple as that he cant do it alone and Kobe is just about done. Will Dwight want to stick around for the rebuild? Doesnt even have to be in Houston. He and Dwill could make a formidable duo, anywhere else.

WARRIORS@GR
04-08-2013, 11:27 PM
put together a package of Noah (who i love and would hate to see go) and M. Teague and that bobcats pick for the likes of OJ Mayo or somethingLol what?

I Rock Shaqs
04-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Lol what?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! The likes of OJ Mayo he says...

KNAN
04-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Between the Lakers and the Rockets, the Rockets would be the better choice for obvious reasons... To the guy who said Trade Noah and others for Mayo... No Thank you! Plus the front office wouldn't trade Asik a few years ago for Mayo, so what makes you think they would trade Noah now? lol kids

NoahH
04-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Houston obviously.

Lin-Harden-Parsons-Asik-Howard

vs

Nash-Kobe-Metta-Pau-Howard (with 3 of 4 leaving soon / close to retirement)

It's a no brainer. In Houston he'd be on a perennial contender.

WARRIORS@GR
04-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Houston obviously.

Lin-Harden-Parsons-Asik-Howard

vs

Nash-Kobe-Metta-Pau-Howard (with 3 of 4 leaving soon / close to retirement)

It's a no brainer. In Houston he'd be on a perennial contender.
Asik can't play the 4..if they get howard,they will move him fore some other good pieces or picks.

KNAN
04-09-2013, 09:14 PM
You could always put Howard at the 4 but the most feasible thing to do would trade Asik or have him come off the bench but Howard and Asik down in the paint would be a sick combo.

bougiemon 7
04-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Dwight Howard and Josh Smith will both be with the Bklyn Nets next season...Dial it!!!

DillyDill
04-10-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm just hoping Superman stays with my Lakershow but I just have this feeling that him and cp3 will team somewhere next year. They complement each other to perfection star point with a star center

Swag Man
04-10-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm just hoping Superman stays with my Lakershow but I just have this feeling that him and cp3 will team somewhere next year. They complement each other to perfection star point with a star center

As a Laker fan this is the one thing that scares me. All it takes is both LA teams losing in the 1rd and CP3/Dwight talking this summer about teaming up. Atlanta is the only team that can actually sign both players, I doubt it happens but it is scary to think about.

DillyDill
04-10-2013, 08:50 PM
As a Laker fan this is the one thing that scares me. All it takes is both LA teams losing in the 1rd and CP3/Dwight talking this summer about teaming up. Atlanta is the only team that can actually sign both players, I doubt it happens but it is scary to think about.

Yea I'm happy I'm not the only one who see's this as a possibility and both are in there prime makes 2 much sense

awmathewsjr
04-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Asik can't play the 4..if they get howard,they will move him fore some other good pieces or picks.

True about Asik. But Howard can play the 4. He did it for about 3 or 4 seasons. So it could work without moving Asik. Actually moving Asik shouldn't even be an option. He averages a double double, he's one of the best paint defenders in the league and he doesn't even make half of Dwight's salary.

awmathewsjr
04-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Dwight Howard and Josh Smith will both be with the Bklyn Nets next season...Dial it!!!

Not possible!!!!

c.c.
04-10-2013, 11:18 PM
As a Laker fan this is the one thing that scares me. All it takes is both LA teams losing in the 1rd and CP3/Dwight talking this summer about teaming up. Atlanta is the only team that can actually sign both players I doubt it happens but it is scary to think about.

All we gotta do is move Lin and Asik then we could afford both too.

VendettaRed07
04-10-2013, 11:27 PM
All we gotta do is move Lin and Asik then we could afford both too.

Tbh, You're better off keeping both and adding Josh Smith instead. Asik is a better free throw shooter than howard lol.

Swag Man
04-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Tbh, You're better off keeping both and adding Josh Smith instead. Asik is a better free throw shooter than howard lol.

So you basically saying that Lin/Harden/Parson/Smith/Asik is better than Cp3/Harden/Parsons/Trob/Dwight?lol

c.c.
04-10-2013, 11:53 PM
So you basically saying that Lin/Harden/Parson/Smith/Asik is better than Cp3/Harden/Parsons/Trob/Dwight?lol

Lol that's the same thing I was thinking

VendettaRed07
04-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Lol that's the same thing I was thinking

Sorry, silly mistake. I misread I was looking at earlier posts that were talking about Josh Smith, and Dwight Howard and I thought that was this continued.. But yeah CP3 would be worth giving both of them up. I was saying Keeping Lin, Asik, Plus Josh Smith and possibly another PG that could move Lin to the bench would have been better than Smith and Howard together.

Swag Man
04-11-2013, 12:35 AM
I misread I was looking at earlier posts that were talking about Josh Smith, and Dwight Howard. But yeah CP3 would be worth giving both of them up

So you would still take Asik over Dwight? lol

VendettaRed07
04-11-2013, 12:47 AM
So you would still take Asik over Dwight? lol

If it means being able to add more to the team in other places, well than yeah. Im in no way saying hes a better player or anything. I just don't think Howard is 12 million a year better than Asik. And having three max players is a bit risky as well. It really limits what you can do and what players you can add.

They could use that on a really great player PLUS a max to bring in CP3.

c.c.
04-11-2013, 07:41 AM
If it means being able to add more to the team in other places, well than yeah. Im in no way saying hes a better player or anything. I just don't think Howard is 12 million a year better than Asik. And having three max players is a bit risky as well. It really limits what you can do and what players you can add.

They could use that on a really great player PLUS a max to bring in CP3.

CP3 is not leaving unless he's in a greater situation than LAC. The Rockets with Paul but without Howard is about the same as the Clippers with Paul. Maybe a little better or a little worst, depends on the chemistry. CP3 is the best PG in the league so I'm assuming he's he would like to play with the best center in the league. Not to mention that he would also be playing with a top 3 SG as well.

JordansBulls
04-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Looks like he might want Houston now over LA a team that is old and now whose main star is out maybe half of next season.

fredv
04-13-2013, 09:06 PM
More likely to stay now IMO.

He can finally be "the guy" he always wanted to be.

topdog
04-13-2013, 10:25 PM
LA - winning franchise with deep pockets. You can count on getting talent around you each and every year.

Not to mention that one of Houston's best players right now plays center.

topdog
04-13-2013, 10:26 PM
A lot of people voting for Houston are over-reacting to Kobe's injury imo.

sep11ie
04-13-2013, 10:34 PM
^The thread/poll has been up since the 3rd...

topdog
04-13-2013, 11:16 PM
^The thread/poll has been up since the 3rd...

Didn't pay enough attention to dates with the OP bumping his thread. Not sure when the votes were cast, but I'll assume my last post was wrong and add that Houston being in the playoffs and LA still fighting likely is a big part of the difference. Choosing just about any team over the Lakers is short-sighted imo and I am ambivalent towards the Lakers at best (my Wolves have a 20 some game losing streak to them and they always knocked KG out of the playoffs with Shaq).

b@llhog24
04-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Houston could feature Asik and Dwight in a front court, they'd just have the get a shooting pg to provide the necessary spacing for it.

ryder78c
04-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Homer Pick Come to Portland and a top 12 pick this year

Howard/Leonard
Aldridge/Hickson
Batum/Claver
Matthews/Barton
Lillard/Maynor

topdog
04-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Houston could feature Asik and Dwight in a front court, they'd just have the get a shooting pg to provide the necessary spacing for it.

1. I highly doubt a frontcourt that can't make a jumper to save the collective lives of the fans in the Toyota Center could work.

2. The Rockets have too much money tied up in Lin to simply replace him so any which way you look at it, they'd have to trade one of Asik or Lin.

I get that Houston is an up-and-coming team with a good GM and a star at SG in Harden, but a number of teams would be ahead of Houston for me if I'm Dwight or any number of players for that matter:

Miami (doesn't have the cap): reigning champs with best player in the league
San Antonio (doesn't have the cap): best run franchise in the league
LA: wealthy, well-run with the track record to re-load and win
Dallas: if I'm Dwight, I see much more promise in playing with complimentary forward (and champion) Dirk, for a proven spender in Cuban and Mayo at least provides a quality SG presence versus Houston having very little at PF to counter the difference in not having Dirk

rollins94
04-14-2013, 12:30 AM
I get that Houston is an up-and-coming team with a good GM and a star at SG in Harden, but a number of teams would be ahead of Houston for me if I'm Dwight or any number of players for that matter:

Dallas: if I'm Dwight, I see much more promise in playing with complimentary forward (and champion) Dirk, for a proven spender in Cuban and Mayo at least provides a quality SG presence versus Houston having very little at PF to counter the difference in not having Dirk

Why bother bringing these teams up as other options? Miami and SA are totally impossible due to cap and the Mavs are in shambles. If any places rival the main two destinations this thread has covered its ATL due to hometown (although Howard has shown reluctance toward that in past) and possibly the Nets, if he continues to be a douchenozzle and try and force his way there for some mind-numbing reason. A Williams-johnson- Howard big three would be the a strong contender for most overrated superstar trio of all time LOL

b@llhog24
04-14-2013, 12:32 AM
1. I highly doubt a frontcourt that can't make a jumper to save the collective lives of the fans in the Toyota Center could work.

I think spacing is invaluable in the Nba, I really do, but if you replace Lin with a pg who hits above 36% on his 3's it would work. Dwight as a post scorer was able to score on any side of the floor when he was healthy and shoot you even see what Houston has done with Asik's post game so to me, the loss in spacing is more than made up for by the defensive presence and rebounding that they would bring.

2. The Rockets have too much money tied up in Lin to simply replace him so any which way you look at it, they'd have to trade one of Asik or Lin.

Don't really care if Lin stays or goes in this scenario. But assuming they keep him, he basically pays for himself within the Asian market.

This is gonna be good. :jumpy:

Cap space, and even if you were to assume that they could trade Bosh for him (because Miami would be batshit crazy to think that they could trade Wade) you really think DM couldn't come up with a more enticing package?

Honestly? I wished he went there, but I'm off the impression that he doesn't want to go there for marketing reasons.

Logically speaking, Houston already has the necessary talent assuming they don't lose Parsons AND a shitload of cap-space to be big players in FA. I don't know how much stock superstar players put into analytics, but if your D12s agent from a basketball you've got respect Harden's efficiency in comparison to Kobe, Asik has been more valuable than Pau this year and MWP just sucks. Nobody disputes the power of LAs market, but Houston is a big market in it's own right.

Dallas: if I'm Dwight, I see much more promise in playing with complimentary forward (and champion) Dirk, for a proven spender in Cuban and Mayo at least provides a quality SG presence versus Houston having very little at PF to counter the difference in not having Dirk[

Huh?

If Lin is better than your pg, chances are you have a major hole in your roster spot.

topdog
04-14-2013, 01:11 AM
Why bother bringing these teams up as other options? Miami and SA are totally impossible due to cap and the Mavs are in shambles. If any places rival the main two destinations this thread has covered its ATL due to hometown (although Howard has shown reluctance toward that in past) and possibly the Nets, if he continues to be a douchenozzle and try and force his way there for some mind-numbing reason. A Williams-johnson- Howard big three would be the a strong contender for most overrated superstar trio of all time LOL

My point in bringing up San Antonio and Miami is that I think that they are the only teams I'd have ahead of LA Lakers if I was a free agent.

The Mavs essentially have nobody but Dirk and maybe Mayo (I think he has a contract option), but Dirk + cap + Cuban's money + a large market = recipe for Dwight success. Not sure if they have the cap space for Paul too, but that'd be a pretty awesome trio.

Got to agree with ATL and the Nets.

topdog
04-14-2013, 01:28 AM
I think spacing is invaluable in the Nba, I really do, but if you replace Lin with a pg who hits above 36% on his 3's it would work. Dwight as a post scorer was able to score on any side of the floor when he was healthy and shoot you even see what Houston has done with Asik's post game so to me, the loss in spacing is more than made up for by the defensive presence and rebounding that they would bring.

Agree to disagree. Speedier PFs like Millsap spell trouble for that frontline and teams pack the paint defensively forcing lesser players to win you games.

Don't really care if Lin stays or goes in this scenario. But assuming they keep him, he basically pays for himself within the Asian market.

The point is that you have to find someone willing to take him and sign an upgrade.

Cap space, and even if you were to assume that they could trade Bosh for him (because Miami would be batshit crazy to think that they could trade Wade) you really think DM couldn't come up with a more enticing package?

Honestly? I wished he went there, but I'm off the impression that he doesn't want to go there for marketing reasons.

I'd rather have Bosh than uproven talent, Lin or Asik which is what Morey has to offer. My point was simply that the only 2 teams I'd choose ahead of LA of any teams in the league are Miami and San Antonio since this thread is about LA vs. Houston.

Logically speaking, Houston already has the necessary talent assuming they don't lose Parsons AND a shitload of cap-space to be big players in FA. I don't know how much stock superstar players put into analytics, but if your D12s agent from a basketball you've got respect Harden's efficiency in comparison to Kobe, Asik has been more valuable than Pau this year and MWP just sucks. Nobody disputes the power of LAs market, but Houston is a big market in it's own right.

LA just pulled off another "heist" this last summer (grabbing Nash and Howard) following getting Pau Gasol handed to them, attracting the Glove and the Mailman, convincing Shaq to come, ect. The team has money, exposure, history and a FO that doesn't sit on its hands or lose deals. The Lakers haven't had a chance to mesh this year with all their injuries, but if it doesn't work out, you know that Kupchak will re-tool and have you back in the hunt within 2 years.

Huh?

If Lin is better than your pg, chances are you have a major hole in your roster spot.

Dallas can easily find a better PG than Houston can stand to replace Lin and be satisfied with the cap space he's taking up. Call it +$7M in cap space.

b@llhog24
04-14-2013, 01:57 AM
Agree to disagree. Speedier PFs like Millsap spell trouble for that frontline and teams pack the paint defensively forcing lesser players to win you games.

You don't build your teams based on player matchups (especially if that player is someone as meager as Paul Milsap), you build you teams based on YOUR strengths. And any team with Dwight and Asik up front would dominate on the boards and would be ranked #1 in defensive efficiency. Orlando ran a multiple of lineups where Dwight and Gortat were on the court and irrc, they worked out alright. Only problems that Dwight has every seen with a front court partner is that they had a USG over 25% Asik is far from someone that DM/McHale would have using all their teams possessions.

The point is that you have to find someone willing to take him and sign an upgrade.

*Assuming, they would have to trade him* They could trade him to Utah, get Mo back in return. Problem solved. Utah gets their Pg of the future, Houston gets a PG who'd be a great 4th option and can knock down open jumpers.

I'd rather have Bosh than uproven talent, Lin or Asik which is what Morey has to offer. My point was simply that the only 2 teams I'd choose ahead of LA of any teams in the league are Miami and San Antonio since this thread is about LA vs. Houston.

You'd be better off going in for a complete rebuild, rather than taking on Bosh who has an early termination clause in his contract for the 2014 season. And if you're Bosh, you think you'd actually want to help facilitate a trade to make a dynasty that you're not apart of?

LA just pulled off another "heist" this last summer (grabbing Nash and Howard) following getting Pau Gasol handed to them, attracting the Glove and the Mailman, convincing Shaq to come, ect. The team has money, exposure, history and a FO that doesn't sit on its hands or lose deals. The Lakers haven't had a chance to mesh this year with all their injuries, but if it doesn't work out, you know that Kupchak will re-tool and have you back in the hunt within 2 years.

Yea but you're banking on a chance that they can surround him with better talent not to mention talent that actually fits better than Harden. Harden can realistically be argued as the 5th best player in the Nba, none of the teams you mentioned have a reasonable shot to get him have a better player on their roster than him. I'm not seeing it.

Dallas can easily find a better PG than Houston can stand to replace Lin and be satisfied with the cap space he's taking up. Call it +$7M in cap space.

You think Morey has a problem dealing with cap space?

matt800
04-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Homer Pick Come to Portland and a top 12 pick this year

Howard/Leonard
Aldridge/Hickson
Batum/Claver
Matthews/Barton
Lillard/Maynor

I agree... As far as winning goes Portland is a top team for Howard. The team is set up perfectly for him. A lot of 3 point shooters, Great PG, jump shooting PF. Plus Portland's glaring need is a C.

Outside of winning potential though I don't know if Portland has what Dwight wants.

b@llhog24
04-14-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm not sold on our two guards, I know Matthews suffered last time we benched him in favor of Roy, but he's the ideal sixth man imo, inconsistently consistent, explosive, change of pace and can do a bit of everything. Barton also isn't that good. How much cap space do we have btw?

JordansBulls
04-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Why should Dwight stay on that team when it is as old as hell. Kobe is older now, Gasol is, Nash, Jamison, Metta World Peace, etc. Houston is the way to go. He would have Parsons, Lin, and Harden. It would be a good future.

WARRIORS@GR
04-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Would houston have the cap to offer deals to both cp3 and dwight?if they trade lin and asik for picks,and fillers?something like that.

cp3/beverly
harden/veteran filler
Parsons/delfino
robinson/motejunas
howard/smith

b@llhog24
04-15-2013, 08:50 PM
If you had a choice between Dwight and Cp3, you pick Cp3.

WARRIORS@GR
04-15-2013, 10:25 PM
If you had a choice between Dwight and Cp3, you pick Cp3.Idk about that.Houston already has an offensive distributor who happens to be a top 10 player.he can't do that much off the ball.
I hate dwight,and i would pick cp3 over him in a second,but i think rockets would/should take dwight.

LoveMeOrHateMe
04-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Houston.

I think hes already off on a bad foot in LA. Hes going to have a very short leash with the fans and writers, especially once Kobe is gone, and the fans are already going to have him on thin ice from the get-go. I don't see him as a guy who thrives with that sort of pressure.

Houston would be a clean slate where he would be looked at as a hero right off the bat. The pressure is nowhere near what it is in LA and theres actually a future outside of 'hey MAYBE we can sign this guy in 2015'.

R u kidding LA loves him! He's stepped up big since the all-star break oh and he loves LA

c.c.
04-16-2013, 03:38 AM
Would houston have the cap to offer deals to both cp3 and dwight?if they trade lin and asik for picks,and fillers?something like that.

cp3/beverly
harden/veteran filler
Parsons/delfino
robinson/motejunas
howard/smith

Championship lineup

DillyDill
04-16-2013, 03:58 AM
Championship lineup

Championship would be an understatement. If Y'all can somehow pull that off, that has the makings of a future dynasty forshore

fredv
04-16-2013, 05:48 AM

cp3/beverly
harden/veteran filler
Parsons/delfino
robinson/motejunas
howard/smith

Yep they can do that. And thats what all Rockets fans' are wishing will happen. But I doubt it does because CP3 is in a great situation.

If that doesn't happen and the Rockets "only" get Howard, they can ship out Asik for an upgrade at the PF position.
If they don't get Howard (which would be to bad) they can keep Asik who is such a bargain and great starting C, and either use the cap this summer on a PF, or use it the next on Kevin Love.

kblo247
04-16-2013, 05:50 AM
I agree... As far as winning goes Portland is a top team for Howard. The team is set up perfectly for him. A lot of 3 point shooters, Great PG, jump shooting PF. Plus Portland's glaring need is a C.

Outside of winning potential though I don't know if Portland has what Dwight wants.

They damn sure don't have the trainers ... That's the biggest negative of Portland, players talk. Van Exel, Stoudemire, Pippen, Sheed, Bonzi have all bad mouthed that medical staff. Oden and Roy went into retirement on their watch. To me the biggest detractor of them is they are the polar opposite of the suns staff, no one goes there if they want a career.

Dwight seems to have embraced Kobe since the break and has been with him every day since the injury. Granted Kobe told Dwight point blank, yell at me, say whatever you want, I can take it, and things started to get better as he doesn't appear to be walking in egg shells. Hs embraced the role of leader since Kobe went down, talking to the team again at kobes request, so I think the chance of staying in LA went up.

I always assumed if he went to Houston, Asik would be dealt anyhow for Smith in a S&T

kblo247
04-16-2013, 05:52 AM
Why should Dwight stay on that team when it is as old as hell. Kobe is older now, Gasol is, Nash, Jamison, Metta World Peace, etc. Houston is the way to go. He would have Parsons, Lin, and Harden. It would be a good future.
Running now would also have la media label him a coward, doubt he wants that. It would be one thing if Kobe didnt go down how he did swinging like a lion to the end just to get the lakers a winning record and in the playoffs. He would be destroyed if he ran, destroyed by one of the biggest media markets there is and I don't think he can handle that either so soon after orlando

JordansBulls
04-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Running now would also have la media label him a coward, doubt he wants that. It would be one thing if Kobe didnt go down how he did swinging like a lion to the end just to get the lakers a winning record and in the playoffs. He would be destroyed if he ran, destroyed by one of the biggest media markets there is and I don't think he can handle that either so soon after orlando

I understand where you are coming from, but it isn't like he decided to join the Lakers he was traded there and things didn't go as well as he had played. Not to mention he just might not be able to handle the pressure of the Lakers greats as centers either.

Vinylman
04-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Anyone who doesn't think he is reupping in LA now is just not very intelligent...

might as well close the thread

JordansBulls
05-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Anyone who doesn't think he is reupping in LA now is just not very intelligent...

might as well close the thread

Why do you say this? Rockets are a good young team where he can have a future with young players.

*Superman*
05-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Stick around for a rebuild, or go play with a solid bunch of guys. And a legit 1st/2nd option in Harden?

I don't see what the confusion is. If he really wants to "win" like he's been saying. It's Houston.

ThunderousDemon
05-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Why do you say this? Rockets are a good young team where he can have a future with young players.

Bumping old threads that you made? :laugh2:

Mudvayne91
05-02-2013, 12:42 AM
These choices suck. I want a redo

ThunderousDemon
05-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Stick around for a rebuild, or go play with a solid bunch of guys. And a legit 1st/2nd option in Harden?

I don't see what the confusion is. If he really wants to "win" like he's been saying. It's Houston.

They don't have the cap space to offer a max contract to him.

Lakers Ghost
05-02-2013, 01:18 PM

agree, there is certain things that houston cant match or buy that LA has. Howard loves the spotlight and LA is the place to be.