PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith first bench player to score 30+ in 3 straight games

Tony_Starks
03-31-2013, 07:14 PM
I don't have the link, maybe someone can include it.

That's one great accomplishent from a "chucker."

Chronz
03-31-2013, 07:17 PM
Not saying that I call him a chucker since thats based on circumstance sometimes but wouldn't you expect a chucker to eventually catch fire?

Like when the TWolves beat the Clippers at the game I went to, I remember catching flak for saying they had one of those rare nights when Beasley/Williams caught fire. It can happen, but more often than not, they are inefficient chuckers. It just so happens that on some nights, they look like legit scorers. I feel like sins against humanity are being committed on those nights.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 07:26 PM
He's not the first. Nevertheless, nice stretch of games he's been having.

JEDean89
03-31-2013, 07:31 PM
JR is the most talented chucker in the league. He is such an anomaly in that his ceiling is top 15 top 10 in the nba but he plays with such a chip on his shoulder that he is going to shoot you out of as many games as he shoots you into. He has averaged like 23 5 and 3 in March and if he can continue in the playoffs he is primed for a big contract in the offseason. Knicks have his early bird rights but I can definitely see teams giving him 10 mil a year plus if he continues like this in the playoffs. there just aren't many scorers in this league that can average close to 20 points and he is the most underpayed of the lot.

Tony_Starks
03-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Not saying that I call him a chucker since
thats based on circumstance sometimes but wouldn't you expect a chucker to eventually catch fire?

Like when the TWolves beat the Clippers at the game I went to, I remember catching flak for saying they had one of those rare nights when Beasley/Williams caught fire. It can happen, but more often than not, they are inefficient chuckers. It just so happens that on some nights, they look like legit scorers. I feel like sins against humanity are being committed on those nights.

I agree with you in principle but I feel if a persons game evolves you have to take the label off. There's no way I can look at his game this year and call him a chucker. I've watched him for a while and this is by FAR the best season of his career...

Lakers + Giants
03-31-2013, 07:50 PM
JR is the most talented chucker in the league. He is such an anomaly in that his ceiling is top 15 top 10 in the nba but he plays with such a chip on his shoulder that he is going to shoot you out of as many games as he shoots you into. He has averaged like 23 5 and 3 in March and if he can continue in the playoffs he is primed for a big contract in the offseason. Knicks have his early bird rights but I can definitely see teams giving him 10 mil a year plus if he continues like this in the playoffs. there just aren't many scorers in this league that can average close to 20 points and he is the most underpayed of the lot.

"top 15 top 10" what?

LMFAO.

LAKobeBryant
03-31-2013, 07:59 PM
I can find a 3 game stretch where he was a "chucker"

http://i50.tinypic.com/34nkuwg.png

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2013, 08:04 PM
Chuckers have hot streaks. As much as I love JR's play as of late, I expect him to come back down to earth in a couple of games!

CavsYanksDuke
03-31-2013, 08:09 PM
I honestly hope he helps them win a championship and I'm definitely no Knick fan.

lvlheaded
03-31-2013, 08:10 PM
He just did some one I'm the Celtics DIRTY. I didn't see who it was but JR made him look silly

After taking a second look, not quite as cool as I originally thought

SoFreshNsoClean
03-31-2013, 08:13 PM
"too much of a problem id rather have Corey Brewer"

/Georgekarl

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 08:22 PM
JR has been the furthest thing from a chucker during this streak but he's not the first. Ricky Pierce had 5 straight in 1990.

seikou8
03-31-2013, 08:33 PM
but he is taking it to basket not aking contested jumpers are you even watching or guessing

lamzoka
03-31-2013, 08:35 PM
What the hell is a left stress muscle in the stomach?

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 08:36 PM
JR has been the furthest thing from a chucker during this streak but he's not the first. Ricky Pierce had 5 straight in 1990.

I thought it was four?

KingPosey
03-31-2013, 08:42 PM
I have always felt JR was supremely talented and catches fire and becomes unstoppable at times like only a few guys, but he doesn't rely on his supreme athleticism enough to attack the rim and work his game out to the perimeter.

He could be a much more dangerous player if he ever realized that.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 08:50 PM
I have always felt JR was supremely talented and catches fire and becomes unstoppable at times like only a few guys, but he doesn't rely on his supreme athleticism enough to attack the rim and work his game out to the perimeter.

He could be a much more dangerous player if he ever realized that.

It seems to have clicked and he readily acknowledges it. It has shown no signs of slowing down but obviously it hasn't been too long of a period.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 08:51 PM
I thought it was four?

I thought they just said in the pregame it was 5 but I might have misheard it.

Kashmir13579
03-31-2013, 09:01 PM
I agree with you in principle but I feel if a persons game evolves you have to take the label off. There's no way I can look at his game this year and call him a chucker. I've watched him for a while and this is by FAR the best season of his career...

His game evolved literally less than a month ago. The label stays - at least at least until he can sustain this play through the playoffs.

Kashmir13579
03-31-2013, 09:02 PM
JR has "chucked" as much as ANYONE in the NBA this season. I'm a fan but i'm being real here.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-31-2013, 09:06 PM
A 3 game stretch doesn't remove a label that's been true for most of a player's career.

JEDean89
03-31-2013, 09:27 PM
"top 15 top 10" what?

LMFAO.

you obviously don't watch JR smith. He has Kobe Bryant in his Prime Athleticism and Size plus he has a decent 3 pointer. very few guys in the league have the talent JR has. You put a better IQ in JR smiths body and you have superstar.

Knicks21
03-31-2013, 09:36 PM
JR is the biggest waste of talent in this league, he could be so much better.

HYFR
03-31-2013, 09:47 PM
A 3 game stretch doesn't remove a label that's been true for most of a player's career.

No it doesn't but he has been playing extremely efficient and attacking the basket. Very few 3's from him

Matrix3132
03-31-2013, 09:52 PM
JR is the biggest waste of talent in this league, he could be so much better.

I agree, he has the talent and skills to do anything on offense and is a pretty good defender and with better shot selection he'd have already been in multiple all-star games.

ffqszuwk
03-31-2013, 10:01 PM
JR has been the furthest thing from a chucker during this streak but he's not the first.http://www.rragam.info/3g.jpg

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-31-2013, 10:03 PM
No it doesn't but he has been playing extremely efficient and attacking the basket. Very few 3's from him

Oh yeah he's been great during the stretch for sure. But the OP implied that he wasn't a chucker because of this stretch.

Tony_Starks
03-31-2013, 10:42 PM
Correction, first bench player since Ricky Pierce to score 30+ off the bench for 3 consecutive games. My bad.

But aside from the shots if you've checked him out his defense has also been pretty solid this entire season. Better than I remember anyway.....