PDA

View Full Version : Wade and Lebron out tonight for "rest"

Tayzak15
03-31-2013, 05:24 PM
http://defpenradio.com/wade-lebron-to-sit-out-against-spurs/

Lets see how hypocritical the NBA is now with this situation coming up.

BALLER R
03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
So miami gonna get fined right

CavsYanksDuke
03-31-2013, 05:26 PM
LMAO! This is the greatest...

MiamiBoy77
03-31-2013, 05:28 PM
Hahahaha

SteBO
03-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Well to play devils advocate, Miami isn't sending them back home like San Antonio did, which if I remember correctly was a major sticking point.....

Giraffes Rule
03-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Well to play devils advocate, Miami isn't sending them back home like San Antonio did, which if I remember correctly was a major sticking point.....

The major sticking point is Stern doesn't like Coach Pop.

Rivera
03-31-2013, 05:32 PM
Trololololololol good job coach spo

Now stern set a president he better fine miami or give the spurs there money back

Im sure the people the fans of san antonio that are actually going to tonights game are more upset tha fans of miami that went to see the spurs in miami. San antonio fans only have one chance to see lebron, wade play and they cant. Its no ones fault really cause its a good move by spo im just interested if stern is gonna be a hypocrite like i know he will be and not fine miami or is he gonna actually follow the president he made and fine miami?

Im more interested in that

Tayzak15
03-31-2013, 05:33 PM

Heat failed to notify the league have had a couple days off before this matchup too, Spurs were playing their 4th game in 5 nights. If the heat don't face any disciplinary action I am never watching another nba game again the heat are just mocking what the spurs did now.

CHANGO
They are saying that is because of injury Wade and Chalmers (ankle), Lebron (hamstring) so I don't think that is worth a fine. POP did say it was for rest so...

ATX
WTF!? Not okay with this if this is true. If it is, is this some sort of GM's gentlemen's agreement?

LAKobeBryant
03-31-2013, 05:36 PM
they wouldn't be resting if the streak was still on...

CavsYanksDuke
03-31-2013, 05:36 PM
If I'm Pat Riley, and I have to listen to all these morons talk about my team, I'd call Spo and demand this. Riley can pay for this fine himself.

AnthonyTyrael
03-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Streak might be over but there's another line to cross.

Rivera
03-31-2013, 05:38 PM

No that wasnt and you are in correct

The sticking point was pop has done this numerious times and stern has told him to relax on benching his stars so much the past 2/3 years and pop has told stern numerous times you cant tell me how to keep my team ready and healthy for the playoffs.

The other boiling over point was the game was on TNT it was a nationally telivised game on top of it

MTL_123
03-31-2013, 05:41 PM
lmao ahahhahahhahahhaha

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 05:42 PM
It's coming down to the end of the season. Who cares?

Slug3
03-31-2013, 05:43 PM
LOL this is actually pretty funny. Honestly Wade is most likely the only one who might have a legit reason to be out for an injury.

But if the NBA fined the Spurs you would think they would have to fine Miami now.

Slug3
03-31-2013, 05:44 PM
It's coming down to the end of the season. Who cares?

Thats the thing no one should care, but the NBA did last time these 2 played.

SteBO
03-31-2013, 05:46 PM
No that wasnt and you are in correct

The sticking point was pop has done this numerious times and stern has told him to relax on benching his stars so much the past 2/3 years and pop has told stern numerous times you cant tell me how to keep my team ready and healthy for the playoffs.

The other boiling over point was the game was on TNT it was a nationally telivised game on top of it
Whatever. If you say so sir.....I honestly don't care one way or another. It's a win-win for both Miami and San Antonio.

Rivera
03-31-2013, 05:52 PM
Whatever. If you say so sir.....I honestly don't care one way or another. It's a win-win for both Miami and San Antonio.

Im just making sure your properly informed. Before that fine there was and has been tension between stern and the spurs that isnt a secret.

And i agreed and stated so above it was a win win for both miami/SA

This subject even though it involves the heat and specifically lebron and wade isnt actually about the heat for once. Its actually the spurs and the nba

Im farrrr more intrigued by sterns statement (if he even makes one) more so than tonighs game or wade and lebron sitting. Because thats really what mattrs at this point. How stern handles it because of the way how he handled a similar situation against the same exact team

Hawkeye15
03-31-2013, 05:52 PM
They are saying that is because of injury Wade and Chalmers (ankle), Lebron (hamstring) so I don't think that is worth a fine. POP did say it was for rest so...

this. Pops flat out said it was for rest, and there have been cases of him listing "old" as the reported reason for not playing Duncan before. Coaches rest players all the time, you just need to come up with any type of injury to do it, and not flat out say you are resting them.

The fine Stern gave the Spurs was ridiculous, it happens all the time, change the wording and move on.

Dade County
03-31-2013, 05:54 PM
they wouldn't be resting if the streak was still on...

This...

Pat Riley = Boss

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Stern will point to the fact that he made a point of stating the fact that Pop rested those guys less than 1/4 of the season was over, not within the last 10 games and after clinching the conference. I don't think Stern does anything about this. Its also not a National TV game so he won't be as pissed.

SteBO
03-31-2013, 05:57 PM
Im just making sure your properly informed. Before that fine there was and has been tension between stern and the spurs that isnt a secret.

And i agreed and stated so above it was a win win for both miami/SA

This subject even though it involves the heat and specifically lebron and wade isnt actually about the heat for once. Its actually the spurs and the nba

Im farrrr more intrigued by sterns statement (if he even makes one) more so than tonighs game or wade and lebron sitting. Because thats really what mattrs at this point. How stern handles it because of the way how he handled a similar situation against the same exact team
Yeah, but Spo listing them as injured makes a difference. Now do I think they're REALLY injured? No. But then again, who is the league to say they aren't? It'll be interesting to see how he handles this if he bothers to handle it at all....I thought the fine on San Antonio was ridiculous, so obviously should anything happen to my team I'll be raising the roof in here lol.

FraziersKnicks
03-31-2013, 05:59 PM
:laugh2:

HYFR
03-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Well damn I was looking forward to a good game

kdspurman
03-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Mike Monroe ‏@Monroe_SA
Feigning outrage, Popovich on James, Wade, Chalmers sitting vs. Spurs: 'What kind of **** is that? Who'd think of something like that?'

:laugh:

kdspurman
03-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Stern will point to the fact that he made a point of stating the fact that Pop rested those guys less than 1/4 of the season was over, not within the last 10 games and after clinching the conference. I don't think Stern does anything about this. Its also not a National TV game so he won't be as pissed.

Yea pretty much. 10 games in shouldn't matter. There needs to be more clarity. Spurs were playing their 4th game in 5 nights on national TV while Miami had played like 2 or 3 games in a 2 week span.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 06:03 PM
I could listen to Pop field questions from reporters all day long.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 06:04 PM
Yea pretty much. 10 games in shouldn't matter. There needs to be more clarity. Spurs were playing their 4th game in 5 nights on national TV while Miami had played like 2 or 3 games in a 2 week span.

Yea I hear you. But I'm just saying Stern publicly stated in defense of the fine that he was resting players like within the first month of the season. When he gets the inevitable 'how can you fine Spurs but not Heat for doing the same thing?' question in an interview or talking to the media, thats what he'll point to.

MarkieMark48
03-31-2013, 07:16 PM
love it #headgames

Jarvo
03-31-2013, 07:22 PM
Who cares

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Thanks for what should be a win Miami. Maybe the Spurs can sit the starters for tomorrows more important game against Memphis