PDA

View Full Version : Kobe has had bone spur for years?

Chronz
03-31-2013, 04:31 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/bryant-502110-neal-time.html

Bryant could have surgery in the offseason to remove the bone spur, but he never did have surgery on the mangled right pinky finger in 2008 or the arthritic right index finger in 2010.

"The thing I'm most proud of is being able to play for so many years and still be playing at a very, very high level," Bryant said. "That's the thing that I'm most proud of."

Did you guys hear about this one? Remember the mangled finger he didn't want to take care of, now Im hearing hes had this one for awhile. Why doesn't Kobe just get his entire body taken care of in one swoop? I remember Tmac having to wait 2 years to get surgery on 2 different aspects of his body.

Is it just too much to ask from the body to recuperate 2 injuries at once or something?

Could Kobe be up to his old tricks and just exaggerating the extent of his injuries?

RLundi
03-31-2013, 04:33 PM
Link?

kobe4thewinbang
03-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Kobe's a masochist. He just wants to win rings and break records.

Chronz
03-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Link?

Updated

LAKERS 24/7
03-31-2013, 05:02 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/bryant-502110-neal-time.html

Did you guys hear about this one? Remember the mangled finger he didn't want to take care of, now Im hearing hes had this one for awhile. Why doesn't Kobe just get his entire body taken care of in one swoop? I remember Tmac having to wait 2 years to get surgery on 2 different aspects of his body.

Is it just too much to ask from the body to recuperate 2 injuries at once or something?

Could Kobe be up to his old tricks and just exaggerating the extent of his injuries?

old tricks? I must be missing something. Care to refresh my memory as to when he previously exaggerated his injuries?

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2013, 05:29 PM
A lot of athletes are scared of surgery and try to avoid them as much as possible. Think about if you had a choice I'm pretty sure you'd try to avoid going under the knife unless its a must!

AnthonyTyrael
03-31-2013, 05:33 PM
A lot of athletes are scared of surgery and try to avoid them as much as possible. Think about if you had a choice I'm pretty sure you'd try to avoid going under the knife unless its a must!

This and it's not bothering him at all after adjusting/getting used to it. Funny, many ppl say he's never been seriously injured while I think he had to fight through more than most others will. He might take care of some after he's done in the NBA.

Chronz
03-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Thats one possibility but hes gotten scoped before. Does anyone know what kind of procedure gos into the Germany thing.

Chronz
03-31-2013, 06:04 PM
old tricks? I must be missing something. Care to refresh my memory as to when he previously exaggerated his injuries?
I got that one off a quote, Phil Jackson years ago, I can see if I can find the exact quote if you like..... It had to be off his tell all book that trashes Kobe.

Something like he is truly injured but that he downplays the injury in public only for it to somehow surface later on. Could be wrong tho

Mr_Jones
03-31-2013, 06:20 PM
If they get kicked out of the playoffs early on, or miss it entirely (which is possible with them being so banged up right now id bang kobe), then I would really like to see him get his whole body fixed. Surgery on everything, and just rest like crazy for this upcoming year.

With Dwight having a real offseason to lift weights and get back to being healthy, it could be a really good Summer for them.

NeverSayNevur
03-31-2013, 06:38 PM
Kobe's entire career is a lie.

martin_108
03-31-2013, 06:49 PM

LMAO this made my day Im a huge Lakers and Kobe fan but i must admit think they do over exaggerate Kobes injuries like the ankle one for example severe ankle sprain the man missed a week and is dunking like nothin lol...but u still cant doubt the mans greatness

Aust
03-31-2013, 06:53 PM

:confused:

Chronz
03-31-2013, 06:56 PM
If they get kicked out of the playoffs early on, or miss it entirely (which is possible with them being so banged up right now id bang kobe), then I would really like to see him get his whole body fixed. Surgery on everything, and just rest like crazy for this upcoming year.

With Dwight having a real offseason to lift weights and get back to being healthy, it could be a really good Summer for them.
We definitely agree on that, regardless of his motives, I think he needs to let go of conditioning, come to camp completely healed and use the regular season to work his way into shape, hes never done that and perhaps thats key to his longevity, but at this point would it be asking too much from his body?

Chronz
03-31-2013, 06:57 PM
Lie? No, if anything its more like slight exaggeration. Clutchness, scowls and mamba faces turn me off, but its not a complete lie.