PDA

View Full Version : Andre Iguodala likely to opt out

Gators123
03-31-2013, 11:49 AM
http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/story/Iguodala-sure-on-Team-USA-likely-to-opt-?blockID=886499&feedID=10140

Iguodala is on the books to make $15.9 million next season, likely more than he could get from any team for 2013-14. But he could become a free agent and then sign a multi-year deal that would pay less next season but would provide long-term security.

“Yeah, definitely,’’ Iguodala, 29, said of that being a distinct possibility. “You got to weigh options. Security-wise, a player would opt out, especially with the type of season we’ve had as a team. Teams know what I can bring to them, and I know (the Nuggets) know what I can bring to a team here.

“Players get like $50, $60 or $70 or $80 (million over multiple years), whatever the number was, they gave up a big number (in an option season by opting out). But in the grand scheme of things, pretty much get it back. You got security.’’

xxplayerxx23
03-31-2013, 12:00 PM
I think he will go back to Denver.

Jarvo
03-31-2013, 12:07 PM
He should stay in Denver.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Come to Oregon.

shep33
03-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Makes sense for Iggy. Take the long term cash over the big pay next year.

I'm not so sure he goes back to Denver in all truth. Brewer is a free agent next year, and obviously he's no Iggy, however, maybe you can get him back for like 1/4 of Iggy's price.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Can Denver offer whatever they want to keep him? Do they have his bird rights and all that?

If so, they will probably keep him, but they will probably try to move another contract like Chandlers to absorb the hit. Hes probably gonna get paid and teams will offer him some dough and Denver will have to match something long term and large if they want to retain his services.

RipCity32
03-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Welcome to Detroit!!

Gators123
03-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Dumars will offer him a ton of money. I can see it now.

THE GIPPER
03-31-2013, 12:28 PM
He would be smart to stay in Denver. He just seems like a Denver guy, borderline all-star with tons of versatility and unselfishness.

Dade County
03-31-2013, 12:33 PM
So no one brought up loyalty...Interesting.

But if this conversation was about another player ( i wont bring his name up right now ), most posters would be up in arms, and the media would be talking about this 24'7.

I guess loyalty only counts for perceived super star players... (I wont hate on you big man, you can go anywhere you want, it's your life)

EDIT** ( I have to Edit )

I am talking about Howard in my above comment, not Lbj or anyone else.... have a nice day!

onlythisfar41
03-31-2013, 12:55 PM

But if this conversation was about another player ( i wont bring his name up right now ), most posters would be up in arms, and the media would be talking about this 24'7.

I guess loyalty only counts for perceived super star players... (I wont hate on you big man, you can go anywhere you want, it's your life)

Thats a really terrible comparison you just made there. Iggy has only been there this year, loyalty isnt called into question with such a small amount of time being involved. With the "he who must not be named" you mentioned, first he bolted from his hometown/hometown team that he played in for multiple years, and now if he left Miami he would be bolting a place he played a few years in and won his first championship in.

So again I reiterate, what a horrible and nonsensical comparison you just made. Congratulations.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Thats a really terrible comparison you just made there. Iggy has only been there this year, loyalty isnt called into question with such a small amount of time being involved. With the "he who must not be named" you mentioned, first he bolted from his hometown/hometown team that he played in for multiple years, and now if he left Miami he would be bolting a place he played a few years in and won his first championship in.

So again I reiterate, what a horrible and nonsensical comparison you just made. Congratulations.

Loyalty has no timeline. A year vs seven doesn't have to mean that one is any less loyal than the other.

heyman321
03-31-2013, 01:08 PM
omfg rumors are he's going to sign with the heat for the minimum. yes they did!!!

LTBaByyy
03-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Calderon
Mayo
Iggy
Dirk
Jefferson

Book it!

HouRealCoach
03-31-2013, 01:40 PM
He will sign for a more reasonable deal with Denver.. Got to love players like that, I wish there were more

THE MTL
03-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Loyalty has no timeline. A year vs seven doesn't have to mean that one is any less loyal than the other.

You clearly need to look up the definition of loyalty. Loyalty is developed over time through dedication and commitment. If u truly believe there is no difference between 1 year and 7 years then you have no clue what loyalty is.

xxplayerxx23
03-31-2013, 01:51 PM
He will sign for a more reasonable deal with Denver.. Got to love players like that, I wish there were more

Doubt it. I think he will get 4+ years at Round the same price

SLY WILLIAMS
03-31-2013, 02:00 PM
If Iggy thinks he will get 50-80 mill he should think again. He may be the 4th-5th best player on the Nuggets.

Lil Rhody
03-31-2013, 02:03 PM
He always bails in nba 2k13 so it makes sense

IndyRealist
03-31-2013, 02:04 PM
The Pacers can offer him something like 4yr, $45M? Then resign David West and Tyler Hansbrough. pay luxury tax one year (with Danny Granger coming off the books after that) and extend Paul George.

West, Hibbert, and Igoudala would all come off their contracts by 2016, with only George Hill and Paul George left on the books.

1) Iggy gets security, making 3x the money he's leaving on the table in 4 years.
2) Iggy gets to compete for a championship.
3) Iggy doesn't have to carry the scoring load.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 02:12 PM
If Iggy thinks he will get 50-80 mill he should think again. He may be the 4th-5th best player on the Nuggets.

I think he could/will get 50-60 from some team. I think his departure from Philly also showed his impact there. They were a game from the ECF and are now in the lottery. I think his willingness and ability to fit into a team concept on a deep team loaded with talent AND play all star for a team like Philly will make a lot of teams interested. He has shown he can contribute big time to winning games and has the reputation as arguably the best defender in the league. I can see a team offering 5 years 60 mill. Gerald Wallace got 40 for crying out loud. I don't think hes necessarily worth that, but I think he's done enough to convince some teams to pay it.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-31-2013, 02:38 PM
I think he could/will get 50-60 from some team. I think his departure from Philly also showed his impact there. They were a game from the ECF and are now in the lottery. I think his willingness and ability to fit into a team concept on a deep team loaded with talent AND play all star for a team like Philly will make a lot of teams interested. He has shown he can contribute big time to winning games and has the reputation as arguably the best defender in the league. I can see a team offering 5 years 60 mill. Gerald Wallace got 40 for crying out loud. I don't think hes necessarily worth that, but I think he's done enough to convince some teams to pay it.

I meant to say that he will not get that from Denver.

Iggy has his pluses and his minuses but if some other team gives him 50-80 mill they will regret it in my opinion.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 02:41 PM
I meant to say that he will not get that from Denver. If some other team gives him 50-80 mill they will regret it in my opinion.

Yea I don't think Denver is in the position to offer that type of contract for a guy like Iggy who isn't going to have a featured role. Better off resigning Brewer and keeping Chandler hoping he can finally put together a healthy season. Hard to let him walk for nothing though after the great season they have been having. You really don't want to take a step back after being right on the brink of being a true championship contender.

I also think a team will regret it. He's not good enough to put a small market team with cap space over the top or probably even bring a really bad team to the playoffs but hes the type of guy who can put a mini-contender over the hump. Not sure if any of those teams have cap space to make it work though. I would say Houston but not sure where he finds a role on that team with Harden/Parsons locked in on the wings.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 02:48 PM
You clearly need to look up the definition of loyalty.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/loyalty?s=t

You see anything about length there? The time it takes you or me to build up loyalty is indefinite.

loyalty is developed over time through dedication and commitment. If u truly believe there is no difference between 1 year and 7 years then you have no clue what loyalty is.

Depends...

Some people are no more loyal to you, a year in vs seven years in. Emotions aren't readily quantifiable, so you'd be fighting a battle of subjectivity.

UKBronco58
03-31-2013, 03:01 PM
The Pacers can offer him something like 4yr, $45M? Then resign David West and Tyler Hansbrough. pay luxury tax one year (with Danny Granger coming off the books after that) and extend Paul George.

West, Hibbert, and Igoudala would all come off their contracts by 2016, with only George Hill and Paul George left on the books.

1) Iggy gets security, making 3x the money he's leaving on the table in 4 years.
2) Iggy gets to compete for a championship.
3) Iggy doesn't have to carry the scoring load.

The three points you make are the exact same for Denver too.
The Nuggets are better than the Pacers and he doesn't carry the scoring load here either.

SeoulBeatz
03-31-2013, 03:01 PM

once again, someone underrating Iggy because he doesn't "score enough".
You gotta watch more nuggs games. He impacts the game so much on the defensive end and he's basically the main facilitator on offense and has really improved denvers fastbreak game.

to say he's the 4th best player on that team is crazy....

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 03:16 PM
He's not "playing" better than Gallo, Faried, or Ty although you could say he's better than them in terms of ability and I'd buy it.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-31-2013, 03:19 PM
You gotta watch more nuggs games. He impacts the game so much on the defensive end and he's basically the main facilitator on offense and has really improved denvers fastbreak game.

I'm not sure why you assume I do not watch Nuggets games. I watch almost every one of them.

I like Iggy but he is not a 12.5-15 mill a year player in my opinion.
I like that he shares the ball
He is a good defender.

He has major problems shooting outside at times.
He is a shooting guard that shoots in the 50's from the free throw line so you really do not want the ball in his hands late in games.
He does not have a good handle.

I view Lawson, Gallo, and Faried as better players than Iggy. That is three right there. Is Iggy more valuable than Chandler? That is a tough call. That would put him at 5.

kobe4thewinbang
03-31-2013, 03:21 PM
Can Denver offer whatever they want to keep him? Do they have his bird rights and all that?

If so, they will probably keep him, but they will probably try to move another contract like Chandlers to absorb the hit. Hes probably gonna get paid and teams will offer him some dough and Denver will have to match something long term and large if they want to retain his services.What services, though? Is he really so helpful to Denver? They should let him walk or do a sign and trade.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-31-2013, 03:27 PM
Yea I don't think Denver is in the position to offer that type of contract for a guy like Iggy who isn't going to have a featured role. Better off resigning Brewer and keeping Chandler hoping he can finally put together a healthy season. Hard to let him walk for nothing though after the great season they have been having. You really don't want to take a step back after being right on the brink of being a true championship contender.

I also think a team will regret it. He's not good enough to put a small market team with cap space over the top or probably even bring a really bad team to the playoffs but hes the type of guy who can put a mini-contender over the hump. Not sure if any of those teams have cap space to make it work though. I would say Houston but not sure where he finds a role on that team with Harden/Parsons locked in on the wings.

Well Denver invested assets to get Iggy so they would not want to just let him walk for free. They gave up Iggy and I believe the Knicks 2014 first round pick. If Iggy comes in with a more realistic salary Denver would like to keep him. He is nearing 30 so the amount of years could play a role. If not maybe a sign and trade can be worked out. I'm not sure on the rules there.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure why you assume I do not watch Nuggets games. I watch almost every one of them.

I like Iggy but he is not a 12.5-15 mill a year player in my opinion.
I like that he shares the ball
He is a good defender.

He has major problems shooting outside at times.
He is a shooting guard that shoots in the 50's from the free throw line so you really do not want the ball in his hands late in games.
He does not have a good handle.

I view Lawson, Gallo, and Faried as better players than Iggy. That is three right there. Is Iggy more valuable than Chandler? That is a tough call. That would put him at 5.

I'd like to see that argument.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-31-2013, 03:38 PM

Looking at this season:

Better outside shooter: Chandler
Better slasher: Chandler
Better free throw shooter: Chandler
Better passer: Iggy
Better rebounder: Chandler
Better in late game situations: Chandler
Better defender: Iggy
Better PER: Chandler
Better win share per 48: Chandler

Dade County
03-31-2013, 03:42 PM

Sorry before i continue reading your post,I was talking about Howard not Lbj...smh

Dade County
03-31-2013, 03:44 PM

You didn't read my entire post, so you just actually burned yourself... Sooo, now I have to say, what a nonsensical post.

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2013, 03:49 PM

A healthy Chandler is on par with Iggy, maybe even better cause his jumpshot is better

Super.
03-31-2013, 03:53 PM
I'd take Chandler over Iggy if I had to choose

Cubby
03-31-2013, 03:54 PM

It doesn't matter if is a terrible comparison. A lot of Heat fans attempt to derail threads by bringing up something in a topic to try and prove a point.

The more pathetic aspect of it is that it goes relatively unpunished. Yet if someone does the same thing towards the Heat, it is quickly deleted.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Looking at this season:

Better outside shooter: Chandler
Better slasher: Chandler
Better free throw shooter: Chandler
Better passer: Iggy
Better rebounder: Chandler
Better in late game situations: Chandler
Better defender: Iggy
Better PER: Chandler
Better win share per 48: Chandler

Being more multifaceted doesn't necessarily make one better than the next. Denver is almost a ~10 defense this year, while they were around ~top 20ish last year. Wanna know the major reason behind this? :)

Also Chandler DOES NOT have a higher ws/48 nor higher win shares, nor is he the better slasher.

A healthy Chandler is on par with Iggy, maybe even better cause his jumpshot is better

Based on what?

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 04:01 PM
It doesn't matter if is a terrible comparison. A lot of Heat fans attempt to derail threads by bringing up something in a topic to try and prove a point.

The more pathetic aspect of it is that it goes relatively unpunished. Yet if someone does the same thing towards the Heat, it is quickly deleted.

Why was I quoted doe?

SLY WILLIAMS
03-31-2013, 04:05 PM
Being more multifaceted doesn't necessarily make one better than the next. Denver is almost a ~10 defense this year, while they were around ~top 20ish last year. Wanna know the major reason behind this? :)

Also Chandler DOES NOT have a higher ws/48 nor higher win shares, nor is he the better slasher.

Chandler is a very good slasher. At best Iggy would be equal but I do think Chandler is better.

WS/48 for 2012-2013

Chandler-1.21
Iggy-0.90

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2013, 04:08 PM

Based on what?

I'll say Iggy is the better slasher but slightly, and Chandler does have a higher w/s check the stats. Chandler is the better offensive player and a well above average defender. And he's younger. A healthy Chandler is better. I'm pretty sure if Denver had a choice they chooses Chandler as well if durability wasn't in question!

Green_Monster
03-31-2013, 04:09 PM

That's a terrible comparison. Iggy has been there for a year, while the other player I'm sure you're talking about had been on his team for a while.

JEDean89
03-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Stupid Heat fan, was Lebron traded to Miami against his will? No. Was Iggy? Yes. Did Iggy get drafted by the nuggets as the hometown hero and promise Denver chips then bail? No. He was traded here for 1 year, he owes nothing to the city of Denver though I would love for him to stay. Now, saying Iggy is worse than Chandler is stupid. Iggy is far healthier and a far superior passer and defender. If you think Gallo and Faried are better than Iggy, you are only watching half the game. Faried is a weak defender and doesn't even get over 30 mins a night. Iggy on the other hand is GK's most trusted player. I'm sorry but people just come on here and start saying the stupidest ****. Especially that idiot heat fan.

kobe4thewinbang
03-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Stupid Heat fan, was Lebron traded to Miami against his will? No. Was Iggy? Yes. Did Iggy get drafted by the nuggets as the hometown hero and promise Denver chips then bail? No. He was traded here for 1 year, he owes nothing to the city of Denver though I would love for him to stay. Now, saying Iggy is worse than Chandler is stupid. Iggy is far healthier and a far superior passer and defender. If you think Gallo and Faried are better than Iggy, you are only watching half the game. Faried is a weak defender and doesn't even get over 30 mins a night. Iggy on the other hand is GK's most trusted player. I'm sorry but people just come on here and start saying the stupidest ****. Especially that idiot heat fan.All the same, I do not believe Iggy is worth 10-15 million. He's not a star by any means.

JEDean89
03-31-2013, 04:32 PM
All the same, I do not believe Iggy is worth 10-15 million. He's not a star by any means.

that is because you only care about points scored. are you aware that the nuggets hold their opponents to 6 points fewer per 100 possesions when he is out on the court? that him just being out this team has made the nuggets into a decent defensive team (12th in defensive efficiency last i looked). i wouldn't expect a kobe fan to get what iggy does. no he's not worth 15 mil a year but he's definitely worth 10-12. He is also one of the best passers on this team. See how Ty has been out and Iggy has picked up the assist slack? People who look at stats say iggy is overrated, people that watch the nuggets play every night know that he is either the best player on the nuggets or the 2nd best.

kobe4thewinbang
03-31-2013, 04:36 PM
that is because you only care about points scored. are you aware that the nuggets hold their opponents to 6 points fewer per 100 possesions when he is out on the court? that him just being out this team has made the nuggets into a decent defensive team (12th in defensive efficiency last i looked). i wouldn't expect a kobe fan to get what iggy does. no he's not worth 15 mil a year but he's definitely worth 10-12. He is also one of the best passers on this team. See how Ty has been out and Iggy has picked up the assist slack? People who look at stats say iggy is overrated, people that watch the nuggets play every night know that he is either the best player on the nuggets or the 2nd best.Sorry, even 10-12 for a defensive presence and so-so offensive guy isn't something I would do. Nuggets could use that money to get a more helpful player.

Dade County
03-31-2013, 04:36 PM
That's a terrible comparison. Iggy has been there for a year, while the other player I'm sure you're talking about had been on his team for a while.

WHAT?!

Man I'm talking about Howard.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Chandler is a very good slasher. At best Iggy would be equal but I do think Chandler is better.

WS/48 for 2012-2013

Chandler-1.21
Iggy-0.90

My bad was looking at McGee's Ws/48. In any event, WS are more telling of on court value than WS/48, is it not? Also it's not equal, they attempt the same amount of shots at the rim only thing is Iggy makes those shots 10% more of the time.

I'll say Iggy is the better slasher but slightly, and Chandler does have a higher w/s check the stats. Chandler is the better offensive player and a well above average defender. And he's younger. A healthy Chandler is better. I'm pretty sure if Denver had a choice they chooses Chandler as well if durability wasn't in question!

Maybe to Denver. I'm think league wide, Iggy's value is higher around the league. Historically speaking, he's better than Chandler offensively, although Chandler has been better this year on O.

JEDean89
03-31-2013, 04:49 PM
Sorry, even 10-12 for a defensive presence and so-so offensive guy isn't something I would do. Nuggets could use that money to get a more helpful player.

Agree to disagree, you just don't get that the nuggets have a top 3 offense in the league and they don't need points. Everyone says you need a superstar but the nuggets are wrecking teams with superstars offensively. However in terms of defense, play making and getting a transition game from your 2 guard Iggy is bar none. You can't scoff at how much better Iggy has made the nuggets and if you look at Gallo, Ty and Faried's numbers, none of them have really improved That much this year. It is really the addition of Iggy and arguably Wilson Chandler that has made this team so much better. I don't think you have any idea how good the nuggets have been after their slow start to the season. They are 33-9 since the start of the new year and 2 of those losses came with Iggy out and the man he would be guarding hitting the game winner.

Now
Faried 11-12 = 10 7.7 in 22 minutes
Faried 12-13 = 11.7 9.2 in 28 minutes

Gallo 11-12 = 14.7 5 3 in 31 mins
Gallo 12-13 = 16.2 5 2.5 in 33 mins

Ty 11-12 = 16.4 and 6.7 in 35 mins
Ty 12-13 = 16.7 and 7 in 35 mins

It is not the improvement of those three players that has caused the Nuggets to go from like a 48 win team last year (pace over 82 games) to a 55-56 win team this year. Iggy is without doubt the biggest reason as he provides us with a top 3 perimter defender. So say you don't like him because he can't score 30 a night but he will stop your player from scoring 30, while the nuggets brutal offense will still rack up 105 a night.

JEDean89
03-31-2013, 04:50 PM
WHAT?!

Man I'm talking about Howard.

Wow, no your not and if you are :facepalm: you are even stupider than the posters on this thread thought. Iggy compared to Howard? WTF?!?!?!?!

UKBronco58
03-31-2013, 04:53 PM

Sly is basically in every one of our GT's and knows more than most about the Nugs. He's a valued poster in there who's opinion we respect greatly.
Iggy can be an infuriating player at times, due to his poor FT shooting and the fact he takes far too many bad shots.
I'd love Iggy back, as we're a far better defensive team than we were last year and he is probably the main reason for that. I'd be absolutely fine with giving him 12 mil a year but not much more beyond that.

Super.
03-31-2013, 04:53 PM

Based on what?

Chandler does have a higher WS/48

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=iguodan01&y1=2013&p2=chandwi01&y2=2013

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 04:55 PM
Chandler does have a higher WS/48

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=iguodan01&y1=2013&p2=chandwi01&y2=2013

Issue got resolved a long time ago.

Super.
03-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Issue got resolved a long time ago.

Oh

Carry on then gentlemen

JEDean89
03-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Nuggets need as many Chandlers, Iggy's and Brewers that they can get because all three of those guys can guard at least 3 positions. You don't see many teams that can switch 1-4 but the nuggets do that all the time which has improved their defense like crazy. If it wasn't for the fact that GK is one of the worst coaches in the league when it comes to teaching defensive rotations the nuggs could have one of the best defensive teams in the league. Ty is a little short to be a great defender but Iggy, Gallo, Chandler, Brewer (if he wouldn't gamble on steals so much) are pretty damn good perimeter defenders. What sets Iggy apart is that he is the most vocal and most respected of the bunch and others look up to him.

JEDean89
03-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Oh and the contract the nuggets should be trying to move is Javale Mcgee's. Koufos is turning into a legit starting center for like 7-8 mil a year less. No player should be payed 11 mil a year for 20 mins off the bench. I would much rather have Iggy on Javale's contract than Javale.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-31-2013, 05:04 PM
My bad was looking at McGee's Ws/48. In any event, WS are more telling of on court value than WS/48, is it not? Also it's not equal, they attempt the same amount of shots at the rim only thing is Iggy makes those shots 10% more of the time.

I'm not an expert on the WS numbers but I would guess that the WS are cumulative so Iggy playing a ton more minutes than Chandler would lead to a bigger number overall while the WS/48 would show a picture of what they did based on their minutes played.

Sly is basically in every one of our GT's and knows more than most about the Nugs. He's a valued poster in there who's opinion we respect greatly.
Iggy can be an infuriating player at times, due to his poor FT shooting and the fact he takes far too many bad shots.
I'd love Iggy back, as we're a far better defensive team than we were last year and he is probably the main reason for that. I'd be absolutely fine with giving him 12 mil a year but not much more beyond that.

Thanks UK Bronco. That was a really cool post for you to make. I appreciate it. :)

With Iggy nearing 30 and already declining in production I would be hesitant to go 4 years out. I had previously said that I could see 3 years at around 10 mill per.

JEDean89
03-31-2013, 05:11 PM
10-12 for Iggy is right. 15 is definitely to much and you know Masai will try and get him back for more like 8. Iggy's declining production doesn't worry me too much because it's really on his shot that has declined and that has nothing to do with age. I think he may have played too much basketball after the Olympics and a playoff run last year. His shot should come back, he was what, a 38% 3 point shooter last year? his FT's should get better too as they really can't get any worse. Trade him and we will have to find another elite perimeter defender. There aren't too many of them with an offensive game.

thephoenixson28
03-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Phoenix

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2013, 05:25 PM

Maybe to Denver. I'm think league wide, Iggy's value is higher around the league. Historically speaking, he's better than Chandler offensively, although Chandler has been better this year on O.

He probably was better than Chandler when he was younger and forced to be the go to guy (chandler was never asked to be that guy) but for the last 3-4 seasons Wilson has been better offensively. Chandler is capable of averaging 18 + points. I always said the trade from the Knicks will hurt his game because he won't be starter and he was on his way to taking the next step. Again like you said league wide they might view Iggy alil bit better but that's only because he's a starter and Chandler is now a bench player. I think if you get the Chandler that was on the Knicks averaging 17 pts and was on its way to taking the next step, they might view it differently. Keep it mind, Iggy offensive game is somewhat limited, Chandler's is not!

IgglesFanInCO
03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Hes opting out so he can resign with denver long term, he loves it here and whatever amount he resigns for will be less than what he would get in that last year so they wouldnt have an issue cap figure wise

i could see them moving mcgee for more cap flexibility though

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm not an expert on the WS numbers but I would guess that the WS are cumulative so Iggy playing a ton more minutes than Chandler would lead to a bigger number overall while the WS/48 would show a picture of what they did based on their minutes played.

Which is basically the gist of it. But we're talking about "player value" here remember?

You can't have value if you're not playing. Also ws/48 says virtually nothing about a a players defense. So therefore counting stats/bbr metrics underrate Iggy's impact. What do you make of the fact that he's dragged the nuggets from a top 20 defensive team, to top 11? Or that they give up 5-6 more points when he sits?

Per Synergy, Iggy is the 86th ranked defender in the league. Where does Wilson Chandler fall? At 215th.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 05:40 PM
He probably was better than Chandler when he was younger and forced to be the go to guy (chandler was never asked to be that guy) but for the last 3-4 seasons Wilson has been better offensively.

That's simply not true.

Chandler is capable of averaging 18 + points.

Yea but, how efficiently? I see him turning into a chucker depending on just how much of an increase in USG he sees. While Iggy isn't the king of efficient scoring or anything, he knows his role, so I'd trust him more on offense than Ill Will.

I always said the trade from the Knicks will hurt his game because he won't be starter and he was on his way to taking the next step. Again like you said league wide they might view Iggy alil bit better but that's only because he's a starter and Chandler is now a bench player. I think if you get the Chandler that was on the Knicks averaging 17 pts and was on its way to taking the next step, they might view it differently. Keep it mind, Iggy offensive game is somewhat limited, Chandler's is not!

Maybe, but his limited offensive game brings forth more production. Who's better Brook Lopez or Tyson?

Fun fact: Chandler makes more use of his teams possessions than Iggy whenever he's on the floor.

SeoulBeatz
03-31-2013, 05:45 PM

really?....

defense yall, it's part of the game too, and Iggy is a top 3 perimeter defender in the game.

SeoulBeatz
03-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Which is basically the gist of it. But we're talking about "player value" here remember?

You can't have value if you're not playing. Also ws/48 says virtually nothing about a a players defense. So therefore counting stats/bbr metrics underrate Iggy's impact. What do you make of the fact that he's dragged the nuggets from a top 20 defensive team, to top 11? Or that they give up 5-6 more points when he sits?

Per Synergy, Iggy is the 86th ranked defender in the league. Where does Wilson Chandler fall? At 215th.

This is the key point right here.

The Sixers were top 10 in defense last year, we're in the bottom 10 this year.
Nuggets were 20th last year, 11th this year.

Guess who left the Sixers and went to the nuggets and is also one of the best defenders in the game?

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2013, 05:51 PM
That's simply not true.

Yea but, how efficiently? I see him turning into a chucker depending on just how much of an increase in USG he sees. While Iggy isn't the king of efficient scoring or anything, he knows his role, so I'd trust him more on offense than Ill Will.

Maybe, but his limited offensive game brings forth more production. Who's better Brook Lopez or Tyson?

Fun fact: Chandler makes more use of his teams possessions than Iggy whenever he's on the floor.

The Brooke and Tyson comparison doesn't really make that much sense. Although Brooke is better offensively, Tyson is light years better defensively and rebounding. Chandler and Iggy are in par offensively, Iggy is the better defender but Chandler is an above average defender so that comparison is more closer. Trust Chandler was nowhere near a chucker when he was in NY. Funny thing is Chandler like Iggy knew his offensively limits and rarely exceeds them. They're booth similar but Iggy is a better ball handler and decision maker. It comes down to IQ if anything here Iggy had the advantage. Chandler is the better post up player, jump shooter and offensively rebounder, IQ is where would take Chandlers game to the next level. I can see Chandler benefiting great with a great PG setting him up, IMO Iggy game is too limited and disappears too much offensively for me. Iggy > Chandler know but slightly, with that's said I'd still actually take chandler over Iggy simply because he doesn't take the ball away from the PG!

Dade County
Wow, no your not and if you are :facepalm: you are even stupider than the posters on this thread thought. Iggy compared to Howard? WTF?!?!?!?!

ok...lol

Learn how to read before you say, "no i am not".

lmao :laugh2:

I love PSD posters

Let me guess you will be at the head of the line, throwing hate at Howard if he doesn't resign with L.A.

GiantsSwaGG
really?....

defense yall, it's part of the game too, and Iggy is a top 3 perimeter defender in the game.

Chandler is an above average defender.....

SLY WILLIAMS
03-31-2013, 05:52 PM

Value comes in many ways such as trade value. I think Chandler based on his age, lower contract and more rounded game might have more trade value than Iggy.

You can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought WS/48 compiled both offensive and defensive win shares per 48.

I'm not familiar with Synergys defensive rankings but since one poster said Iggy was possibly the best defender in the league and they have him as 86th I would say that there is some variability to their rankings. I do not think he dragged the team to being better defensively. I think he helps that. The Nuggets get better defense from Gallo, Chandler, KK, etc this season as well as Iggy. In regards to the individual numbers on/off court I would give Iggy some credit but not all credit. Iggy often comes off the court when Miller and Brewer come on. Andre Miller is one of the worst defenders in the league so I would hate to have any defensive numbers tied to when he is on the court.

The irony here is I do watch the Nuggets games and I like Iggy because he moves the ball. I'm not down on Iggy. I just do not think he is worth 50-80 million based on 2012-2013. I think he is a 8-10 mill player based on this last season.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 05:54 PM
really?....

Guess who left the Sixers and went to the nuggets and is also one of the best defenders in the game?

:clap:

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2013, 05:57 PM

Although I do give Iggy credit for the improvements on defense, lets not act like Brewer, Faried and Chandler didn't have anything to do with it either

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Value comes in many ways such as trade value. I think Chandler based on his age, lower contract and more rounded game might have more trade value than Iggy.

I doubt he has more trade value as Iggy is a more valuable commodity in the league. Top 2 perimeter defenders don't grow on trees. While inconsistent scorers with average to slightly above average defense kind of do. Benches are riddled with them.

You can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought WS/48 compiled both offensive and defensive win shares per 48.

It does, but more in terms of blocks/steals. Iggy's is a legit anchor from the SF position. He suppress the oppositions offense, WHILE shutting down his man.

I'm not familiar with Synergys defensive rankings but since one poster said Iggy was possibly the best defender in the league and they have him as 86th I would say that there is some variability to their rankings.

There is, but that's cause it's including guys who play a certain number of minutes/doesn't take into account the caliber of player being defended. But it only helps/strengthens my point, not takes away from it.

I do not think he dragged the team to being better defensively I think he helps that. The Nuggets get better defense from Gallo, Chandler, KK, etc this season as well as Iggy. In regards to the individual numbers on/off court I would give Iggy some credit but not all credit. Iggy often comes off the court when Miller and Brewer come on. Andre Miller is one of the worst defenders in the league so I would hate to have any defensive numbers tied to when he is on the court.

Weren't those guys on the team last year? At least a majority of them? Wanna know the major defensive addition to the team? Iggy. Also are we supposed to knock Chandler for going off on bench players?

The irony here is I do watch the Nuggets games and I like Iggy because he moves the ball. I'm not down on Iggy. I just do not think he is worth 50-80 million based on 2012-2013. I think he is a 8-10 mill player based on this last season.

Then you're surely underrating him.

SeoulBeatz
03-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Chandler is an above average defender.....

above average doesn't = top 3 perimeter defender in the league

IgglesFanInCO
03-31-2013, 06:14 PM
Although I do give Iggy credit for the improvements on defense, lets not act like Brewer, Faried and Chandler didn't have anything to do with it either

All were on the team last year and chandler didnt even play the first half of the season, how are they responsible for the turnaround?

Faried still gets BURNED by any big that can shoot, i would put him at a slightly above average defender at best so far, but he has a lot of potential for improvement

Brewer is a ****** defender, horrid, so overrated defensively it is ridiculous, he pads steal stats by taking so many unnecessary risks its just terrible, he cant just stay in front of a defender and gets caught cheating more than anyone on the nuggets team

Iggy has impact that doesnt show up in stats, and thats what makes him so underrated all the time, if the nuggets tried to replace iggy with just chandler and brewer they would be a 7-8th seed at best

and this is all from a Nuggets fan

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 06:20 PM
The Brooke and Tyson comparison doesn't really make that much sense. Although Brooke is better offensively, Tyson is light years better defensively and rebounding. Chandler and Iggy are in par offensively, Iggy is the better defender but Chandler is an above average defender so that comparison is more closer.

If the comparison is close isn't of relevance to me. But it hints at what you value in a player is what I'm getting at. Also is Chandler a unanimous top 10 or even 20 perimeter defender?

Trust Chandler was nowhere near a chucker when he was in NY.

Possibly, but any idea why his numbers don't reflect that? I know he's been playing better basketball as of late but I'm jus trying to see if you're not letting that cloud you judgement.

Funny thing is Chandler like Iggy knew his offensively limits and rarely exceeds them. They're booth similar but Iggy is a better ball handler and decision maker. It comes down to IQ if anything here Iggy had the advantage. Chandler is the better post up player, jump shooter and offensively rebounder, IQ is where would take Chandlers game to the next level. I can see Chandler benefiting great with a great PG setting him up

IQ isn't really something that just comes to a player in his 5th-6th season. I'm less hopeful than you I suppose. Do the Nuggets have time to wait for Chandler to improve his IQ AND get him this great PG to set him up so he reaches his potential? Seems like a lot of work.

IMO Iggy game is too limited and disappears too much offensively for me. Iggy > Chandler know but slightly, with that's said I'd still actually take chandler over Iggy simply because he doesn't take the ball away from the PG!

Iggy is one of the lesser ball-dominant players in the league.

Chronz
03-31-2013, 06:21 PM

Solid post. I love when people use facts to support opinions

SLY WILLIAMS
03-31-2013, 06:45 PM

You are arguing correlation equals causation while ignoring that Iggy was not the only change in these lineups. I think that the Nuggets allow around the same amount of points per game this season as they did last season but having Gallo healthy for more than half the season and Iggy in the lineup replacing AAA and Al Harrington does help the defense. Having Chandler helps as well.

The question is not is Iggy a good defensive player any more than is he a good FT shooter. The question is what is he worth. I would put that worth at 8-10 mill a year.

Aust
03-31-2013, 06:57 PM
Hope he stays in Denver. Would like to see Karl's team contend.

Vinylman
03-31-2013, 07:04 PM
You are arguing correlation equals causation while ignoring that Iggy was not the only change in these lineups. I think that the Nuggets allow around the same amount of points per game this season as they did last season but having Gallo healthy for more than half the season and Iggy in the lineup replacing AAA and Al Harrington does help the defense. Having Chandler helps as well.

The question is not is Iggy a good defensive player any more than is he a good FT shooter. The question is what is he worth. I would put that worth at 8-10 mill a year.

not saying you are wrong on the bolded but if that really is his value why would he opt out? Using your low end number he would basically trade one season for two. look at it another way, if he doesn't opt out are saying he can't get a 3/$6 million after next year which would be more over the 4 years than opting out and getting $8 million?

It's all moot anyway, he will get a 4/$50 million deal in the open market.... which probably means he won't be back in Denver.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 07:11 PM
not saying you are wrong on the bolded but if that really is his value why would he opt out? Using your low end number he would basically trade one season for two. look at it another way, if he doesn't opt out are saying he can't get a 3/$6 million after next year which would be more over the 4 years than opting out and getting $8 million?

It's all moot anyway, he will get a 4/$50 million deal in the open market.... which probably means he won't be back in Denver.

:clap:

JEDean89
03-31-2013, 07:17 PM

I am talking about Howard in my above comment, not Lbj or anyone else.... have a nice day!

ok...lol

Learn how to read before you say, "no i am not".

lmao :laugh2:

I love PSD posters

Let me guess you will be at the head of the line, throwing hate at Howard if he doesn't resign with L.A.

First of all your first post was completely uneccesary on this thread, as if their isn't enough talk about the heat or the lakers. secondly your first post implies Lebron way more than Howard since you are a Heat fan and a lot of people consider Lebron to be the least Loyal person in basketball, couple that with a Heat fan and if you don't know what reaction you will get to that post then there is no hope for you. So you are either trolling or horribly informed about sports. Comparing Iggy to Lebron or Howard is ridiculous. Iggy loved Philly and was bringing that team close to contention when they traded him for one of the biggest headcases and injury prone players in the league. So have it your way, but you are just trolling.

c.c.
03-31-2013, 07:26 PM

So if D12 leave the Lakers, he's not loyal?

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 07:27 PM
So if D12 leave the Lakers, he's not loyal?

That's up for perception. I don't care for it personally.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-31-2013, 07:51 PM

I have said most the season it would be an interesting choice for him to opt out. When I see him mention 50-80 million dollar deals other people are getting I wonder if he is misjudging his own worth. My guess is he sees the 30 year age mark right around the corner and is hoping to get one last huge deal. I could be wrong about his worth. Somebody may see him as a great player worth 50-80 mill. I would say 3 years at 10 mill is fair but his agent may say 5 years at 14 mill each is fair.

Vinylman
03-31-2013, 07:58 PM
I have said most the season it would be an interesting choice for him to opt out. When I see him mention 50-80 million dollar deals other people are getting I wonder if he is misjudging his own worth. My guess is he sees the 30 year age mark right around the corner and is hoping to get one last huge deal. I could be wrong about his worth. Somebody may see him as a great player worth 50-80 mill. I would say 3 years at 10 mill is fair but his agent may say 5 years at 14 mill each is fair.

I understand what you are saying because i also think there is a slight risk, However, 3/10 would not be a reason to opt out...

and 5 years at 14 is ludicrous (not to mention the only ones that can do that are Denver ... and they won't)

Like i said, he will get 4/50 offers from multiple teams if he opts out which is why he should... it is guaranteed money and as you said the big 3 0 is just around the corner

IndyRealist
03-31-2013, 08:08 PM
The Nuggets are better than the Pacers and he doesn't carry the scoring load here either.

Denver's net efficiency rating is +5.5. Indy's is +5.9. I'm not sure what definition of "better" you are using. But I agree that the situation for him in Denver is almost the same as in Indy. So the questions are, will Denver be willing ot pay that? And would Iggy rather play with Kenneth Faried or Paul George going forward?

SLY WILLIAMS
03-31-2013, 08:11 PM
I understand what you are saying because i also think there is a slight risk, However, 3/10 would not be a reason to opt out...

and 5 years at 14 is ludicrous (not to mention the only ones that can do that are Denver ... and they won't)

Like i said, he will get 4/50 offers from multiple teams if he opts out which is why he should... it is guaranteed money and as you said the big 3 0 is just around the corner

I agree 3/10 is not a good reason to opt out. That is why all season I have wondered if he will opt out. Based on his statements he may be hoping for a 4-5 year deal at 12-14 mill. He mentioned 50-80 million dollar deals. Sometimes agents and players overrate their market. Only time will tell. The Nuggets did invest assets (AAA, Knicks 1st round pick in 2014) to get him so they do not want him to leave for nothing.

UKBronco58
03-31-2013, 08:16 PM

Denver's net efficiency rating is +5.5. Indy's is +5.9. I'm not sure what definition of "better" you are using. But I agree that the situation for him in Denver is almost the same as in Indy. So the questions are, will Denver be willing ot pay that? And would Iggy rather play with Kenneth Faried or Paul George going forward?

I define better as having the superior record in the tougher conference. As most others would.
I'm sure he'd rather play with the 3rd youngest team in the NBA who are currently 3rd in the West in a system that suits him perfectly.

UKBronco58
03-31-2013, 08:19 PM

Thanks UK Bronco. That was a really cool post for you to make. I appreciate it. :)

With Iggy nearing 30 and already declining in production I would be hesitant to go 4 years out. I had previously said that I could see 3 years at around 10 mill per.

You're very welcome.

shep33
03-31-2013, 08:21 PM

This. If he's going to opt out for more long-term money, Denver needs to move some people. Lawson, Chandler, Gallo, and McGee are locked in for a few years.

I could see Denver letting Iggy go, but keeping Brewer on the cheap.

Bravo95
03-31-2013, 08:34 PM
The Hawks are dying for at least one perimeter defender and slasher on the wing. Makes too much sense to pair him with Jeff Teague, and Danny Ferry will have plenty of cap space to get it done.

Vinylman
03-31-2013, 08:53 PM
I define better as having the superior record in the tougher conference. As most others would.
I'm sure he'd rather play with the 3rd youngest team in the NBA who are currently 3rd in the West in a system that suits him perfectly.

Why is this so relevant?

I guess they will get better as a unit the more they play together but which player on that team do you expect to play better individually? I don't see alot of upside for any of their core players... who do you think will get better?

Also, what is the salary cap thinking in Denver? Obviously there will be casualties... who is the odd guy out longer term?

MonroeFAN
03-31-2013, 09:02 PM
yikes, there are people who think Wilson Chandler is better than Iggy?

IndyRealist
03-31-2013, 09:12 PM

Most others also don't understand that inherent competitiveness in close games ("any team can beat any other, on any given night") makes games decided by less than around 6 points essentially random, and that net efficiency (offensive efficiency - defensive efficiency) is a "better" measure of a team's effectiveness.

And...would he rather play for the 3rd youngest team? Or would he want to play with for a team of young vets with the #1 defense in the league? I don't think it's as easy of a choice as you're making it out to be.

03-31-2013, 09:34 PM

WS/48 for 2012-2013

Chandler-1.21
Iggy-0.90

as a denver fan, iggy is better, which is why he starts. Iggy is not just a good defender, he is a defensive anchor, a rare quality in the NBA. When he is on, everyone else defends better. I could explain why but i can't be bothered. Wilson Chandler is also such a mad player too, i love the guy, but iggy made team USA for a reason..

03-31-2013, 09:58 PM
Why is this so relevant?

I guess they will get better as a unit the more they play together but which player on that team do you expect to play better individually? I don't see alot of upside for any of their core players... who do you think will get better?

Also, what is the salary cap thinking in Denver? Obviously there will be casualties... who is the odd guy out longer term?

omg omg omg.. denver fans will laugh at this

a player hits their prime in the NBA at 28 rite???

these players on the denver nuggets have not yet reached their prime and will get better.. :p

ty lawson (25) finally showed some real potential this yr, was 8th on mvp ladder week ago b4 injury

javale mcgee (25) The epitome of a player who is not playing to their potential

Gallanari (24) He will become more consistent in the future

Faried (23) .. has a lot he can improve on. mainly his offense and player defense, and even without this he has proved he is a top 3 player on our team already.

Kofous (24) . i know, i'm wierded out too about koufos. He came out of knowwhere this year and has been our best big man this year (out playing mcgee). He improved so much in just one year, and he's only 24

and then we have some young project players who are training hard just to get playing time who have a lot of potential, jordan hamilton (22), quincy miller (20), and evan fournier (20).

Our core is very young, and even though they are currently 3rd in the west, they honestly have so much more potential...

very dangerous indeed

RiceOnTheRun
04-01-2013, 03:42 AM
omfg rumors are he's going to sign with the heat for the minimum. yes they did!!!

Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Allen
Iguodala/Miller
James/Battier
Bosh/Andersen

Well dayum that's a solid 10-man rotation right there. If only LOL

UKBronco58
04-01-2013, 04:57 AM

Why is this so relevant?

How isn't it relevant?
You said it yourself, this team can only get a better as a unit.
As for someone stepping up. My guess is Ty or Gallo. Ty was playing at an awesome level before his injury and Gallo has shown over the course of the year he can step up at any time.

Our best trade piece is probably Chandler but there's no reason to suggest we can't lock up Iggy and keep our core intact.

2-ONE-5
04-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Iggy is a lot more valuable come playoff time compared to Chandler.

Stinkyoutsider
04-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Seems like he should stay in Denver? Probably has a good chance of winning depending on what the Nuggets do in the playoffs this year.

I like Denver's team and Iggy is in the right place I think? He's able to concentrate and do what he does best and he's also good for double figures in scoring every night. As long as he doesn't go to a team where he has to be the primary scorer, he'll do well.

I wouldn't put it past a team that wants to spend money, like the Mavs, to come calling though.

IgglesFanInCO
04-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Why is this so relevant?

Multiple people have already pointed out why it was simply horrendously ignorant to say what you did about the age factor, and obviously shows you know nothing of the nuggets outside of what you occasionally hear from the media which is a horrible misrepresentation of the team, if you dont know what youre talking about stop talking

but i'll answer the salary cap question, we can resign iggy longterm without going into the luxury tax, once it comes time to extend Faried it may be an issue but not until then, and even then we have no untradeable contracts and as much asset flexibility as there is in the NBA, if they want to keep iggy, they will

I Rock Shaqs
04-01-2013, 12:49 PM

LMAO Everybody thought you wre talkin bout Bron.

KingPosey
04-01-2013, 01:37 PM

That's pretty dumb. Loyalty absolutely has a timeline. You aren't just loyal just because. A bond creates loyalty.

Blink
04-01-2013, 02:04 PM
As a Pistons fan I'd live to steal Iggy from Denver. But at the same time if he decides to stay in Denver and Chandler is the odd man out..Detroit better be first in line to snag him.

We are starting Kyle Singler lol

IgglesFanInCO
04-01-2013, 02:40 PM
people need to stop thinking there will be an odd man out, this isnt a OKC situation, we can keep everyone without going into the tax, and honestly the first one out right now would be McGee

b@llhog24
04-01-2013, 02:45 PM
That's pretty dumb. Loyalty absolutely has a timeline. You aren't just loyal just because. A bond creates loyalty.

Proof?

b@llhog24
04-01-2013, 02:56 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/loyalty?s=t

You see anything about length there? The time it takes you or me to build up loyalty is indefinite.

Depends...

Some people are no more loyal to you, a year in vs seven years in. Emotions aren't readily quantifiable, so you'd be fighting a battle of subjectivity.

Also Mr. Posey, I'd like an answer to this.

Vinylman
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
omg omg omg.. denver fans will laugh at this

a player hits their prime in the NBA at 28 rite???

these players on the denver nuggets have not yet reached their prime and will get better.. :p

ty lawson (25) finally showed some real potential this yr, was 8th on mvp ladder week ago b4 injury

javale mcgee (25) The epitome of a player who is not playing to their potential

Gallanari (24) He will become more consistent in the future

Faried (23) .. has a lot he can improve on. mainly his offense and player defense, and even without this he has proved he is a top 3 player on our team already.

Kofous (24) . i know, i'm wierded out too about koufos. He came out of knowwhere this year and has been our best big man this year (out playing mcgee). He improved so much in just one year, and he's only 24

and then we have some young project players who are training hard just to get playing time who have a lot of potential, jordan hamilton (22), quincy miller (20), and evan fournier (20).

Our core is very young, and even though they are currently 3rd in the west, they honestly have so much more potential...

very dangerous indeed

yeah,

i didn't mean any disrespect ... i just look at those guys individual games and NUMBERS and not one of them is really doing more on a per36 this year than last year....

it is just really a function of them playing together more that has made them a better team...

most of those guys while not in their primes are pretty much at their ceiling

just how i see it

Vinylman
04-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Multiple people have already pointed out why it was simply horrendously ignorant to say what you did about the age factor, and obviously shows you know nothing of the nuggets outside of what you occasionally hear from the media which is a horrible misrepresentation of the team, if you dont know what youre talking about stop talking

but i'll answer the salary cap question, we can resign iggy longterm without going into the luxury tax, once it comes time to extend Faried it may be an issue but not until then, and even then we have no untradeable contracts and as much asset flexibility as there is in the NBA, if they want to keep iggy, they will

you have the right to your opinion but not one of those top guys is producting at a higher individual level than last year on a Per36 basis...

careful of who you call ignorant