PDA

View Full Version : Why do HEAT haters talk about a weak Eastern Conference?

beasted86
03-31-2013, 12:46 AM
When the fact is Miami is 24-5 against the Western Conference and only 33-10 against the Eastern Conference?

In case math wasn't your subject back in elementary:
24-5 = 0.827 win percentage
33-10 = 0.767 win percentage

A more in-depth look tells us a lot more about how much better Miami is against the West than the East:

Miami against East opponents 33-10:
101.4 PPG, 49.3 FG%, 37.9 3PT%, +7.4 PT DIFF
Miami against West opponents 24-5:
106.6 PPG, 50.3 FG%, 41.3 3PT%, +8.9 PT DIFF

Can somebody explain to me again why the West is tougher?

ryang
03-31-2013, 01:11 AM
What else can they say? They've said it all. Including we can't win. Now we are and it's the refs, conference, cheaters etc etc. it's called loser denial. I had a bad case of that once until the hockey team shoved a parking come up my ***

BKdoubleStacker
03-31-2013, 01:13 AM
Maybe because the Heat are the only legitimate title contenders in the East and MAYBE NY. The West has OKC, SA, LAC and teams like DEN and MEM who are right behind them.

Not to mention the Heat will have a cakewalk come playoff time.

HouRealCoach
03-31-2013, 01:16 AM
I was gonna come in here & say "Dude the EC is weak" but you went another route... Salute to you because you silenced A LOT of haters lol

HouRealCoach
03-31-2013, 01:17 AM
Maybe because the Heat are the only legitimate title contenders in the East and MAYBE NY. The West has OKC, SA, LAC and teams like DEN and MEM who are right behind them.

I mean they did cakewalk through the East in 2011 too with Boston & Chicago

c.c.
03-31-2013, 01:18 AM

Not even NY, the Heat are for sure Eastern Conference Champions. *unless they get hit by a major injury*

tredigs
03-31-2013, 01:19 AM
When the fact is Miami is 24-5 against the Western Conference and only 33-10 against the Eastern Conference?

A more in-depth look tells us a lot more about how much better Miami is against the West than the East:

Because in every measurable way they clearly are?

The fact that the East is injury riddled and effectively weak as can be is not a knock on the Heat, calm down kiddo.

LeperMessiah
03-31-2013, 01:20 AM
Why do you people continue to make HEAT fanbase look stupid?

beasted86
03-31-2013, 01:23 AM
Because in every measurable way they clearly are?

The fact that the East is injury riddled and effectively weak as can be is not a knock on the Heat, calm down kiddo.

I never said the West wasn't the conference with the better teams, I asked why it was tougher. I'm not sure that makes any sense to you, but I've heard a million times that Miami has only won this many games because of a weak eastern conference and they wouldn't be doing this if they played in the West.

Well lo and behold the facts show the complete opposite.

The fact that the East has top teams with so many guys injured says that if they were healthy Miami's East record might even be worse, making this comparison of "what they would do if they had to go through the West" argument a complete joke.

mngopher35
03-31-2013, 01:30 AM
I mean it is not something that the heat have control over. That being said the east is definitely weaker than the west. Sure the heat play just as well against the west in the regular season but they will have an easier road in the east than they would in the west come playoff time. It shouldn't be used to discredit them because they can't control it, and still would have to beat the best team from the west to win it all (assuming they make it that far).

Supreme LA
03-31-2013, 01:33 AM
Why do people say Heat fans are so annoying?

Oh nvm.

ryang
03-31-2013, 01:41 AM
Who cares. As long as the Heat beat the best western conference team again. Oh and if the west has all these teams who could win the west alls that says to me is okc and the spurs are overrated. Those two teams are the only Western Conference teams who stand a chance in a 7 game series with Miami

Tony_Starks
03-31-2013, 01:45 AM
You do realize they have multiple wins against Philly, Orlando, Torronto, Bobcats.... etc?

They've done we'll against the West true but they play a bunch of total garbage teams in the east 3 to 4 times. I don't think that's "hating" that's simply a fact....

But yet and still why do you feel the need to defend the Heat? Even if the east is a joke they still have to win the games.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 01:56 AM
You do realize they have multiple wins against Philly, Orlando, Torronto, Bobcats.... etc?

They've done we'll against the West true but they play a bunch of total garbage teams in the east 3 to 4 times. I don't think that's "hating" that's simply a fact....

But yet and still why do you feel the need to defend the Heat? Even if the east is a joke they still have to win the games.

Depends on how you use it. If you say they play garbage teams so thus their record/win streak somehow gets diminished, then I'd call it hating when the facts are they beat up on teams in the West war worse than the East.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 01:58 AM
Also, to use the term "Heat haters" is kind of misleading as many impartial fans have said they Heat play in a weak conference as well.

BlackHoleCub
03-31-2013, 02:02 AM
Has anyone else noticed the huge difference in threads between mlb/nfl and the nba? So much drama in your sport... jeeze guys.

bucketss
03-31-2013, 02:08 AM
Heat haters.. specifically lebron haters are kings of exaggerations.

KaganRS
03-31-2013, 02:19 AM
I think the title of your thread and the last question you posed contradict themselves.

If Heat haters are using the "Eastern conference is weak" logic your stats argument holds some weight. Besides, the way I see it - why not let the Western conference teams slug it out and beat themselves up just to get to the finals ? It's a clear advantage for the Heat to walk through a marginally weaker Eastern conference in the playoffs.

But , your question at the end of "why the West is tougher?" should be rephrased to "could somebody explain to me why playing through the West would be tougher for the Miami Heat (when they clearly have a better record against them than the Eastern conference) ?

koberulesall
03-31-2013, 02:31 AM
you are always going to get alot of hate when a team in a league in a weak conference that gets calls in there favor night in and night out regardless home or away and that the LEAGUE itself wants the team to have success because the league makes money off of it your going to get hate everywhere but at least its REAL hate for a REAL reason

koberulesall
03-31-2013, 02:33 AM
Has anyone else noticed the huge difference in threads between mlb/nfl and the nba? So much drama in your sport... jeeze guys.

its because this sport lost its realness starting in 2011 they pick who they want to win to make more $ its pretty much the wwf now minus chairs to the face but who know what the future holds right??

naps
03-31-2013, 02:43 AM
Why do people say Heat fans are so annoying?

Oh nvm.

Because they come up with FACTs just like the OP did? That made you STFU and you had nothing worthy to say?

Chronz
03-31-2013, 02:47 AM
its because this sport lost its realness starting in 2011 they pick who they want to win to make more $ its pretty much the wwf now minus chairs to the face but who know what the future holds right??
Why 2011? Why not 2001 or 1991 or whatever random number you want to come up with, with very little in the way of proof.

Dade County
03-31-2013, 02:48 AM

NBA = Entertainment...

Maybe the HEAT have a better record against the West then the East, because they play against the West fewer times then against the east. They only play western conference teams two times a season, maybe if they had to play them 3 to 4 times, like in the East; I am sure they would have more L's in the win and loss column.

DallasTrilla23
03-31-2013, 02:57 AM
NBA = Entertainment...

Maybe the HEAT have a better record against the West then the East, because they play against the West fewer times then against the east. They only play western conference teams two times a season, maybe if they had to play them 3 to 4 times, like in the East; I am sure they would have more L's in the win and loss column.

^This.

odiz
03-31-2013, 04:11 AM
Its a small sample size... If they played in the WC and had to play multiple games against the Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Grizzlies etc.. there record would no doubt be worse. But so what? I still think they are the best team in the NBA and will come away with another title at years end. Just be happy with your team.

Shark
03-31-2013, 04:30 AM

Lol your information is misleading my friend. Sure, thats an overall record of the team, but you leave out who the wins came against in the East, what were home games, what were away games. Let me break is down further for you.

Miami Home Record, 32-3
Miami Road Record 25-12

MIAMI VS ABOVE .500 Teams VS EAST: 12-7 (HOME RECORD VS EAST ABOVE .500 = 6-2)
(AWAY RECORD VS EAST ABOVE .500 = 6-5)

MIAMI VS BELOW .500 Teams VS EAST: 21-3 (HOME RECORD VS EAST BELOW .500 = 12-0)
(AWAY RECORD VS EAST BELOW .500 = 9-3)

MIAMI VS ABOVE .500 Teams VS WEST: 11-5 (HOME RECORD VS WEST ABOVE .500 = 7-1)
(AWAY RECORD VS WEST ABOVE .500 = 4-4)

MIAMI VS BELOW .500 Teams VS West: 13-0 (HOME RECORD VS WEST BELOW .500 = 7-0)
(AWAY RECORD VS WEST BELOW .500 = 6-0)

NOTE: Miami also plays in the weakest division, they are 12-1 and Washington is 3rd in the division and 20 games below .500.

When it comes down to it, Miami has not lost to a below .500 team in the West, but has a tougher time with the above .500 teams but 11-5 is still decent, although when they are on the road they are 4-4(which is the worst statistical record from the above)

They obviously play the East more often, the BETTER teams obviously have more knowledge on how to play Miami, Indiana and Chicago for example have beaten them both twice this year(thats 4 out of the 7 against the better .500 teams.

Anyways the 24-5 is being overblown by the fact that all 5 losses were caused by good teams and 13 out of 24 wins were against below .500 teams.

The alarming amount of games vs the east weaker teams shows exactly how many weak teams the East definitely has. Milwaukee the 8th place team currently 2 games below .500 and yet have a 5.5 game lead on philly lol.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the last time they actually played against the West(other then there last game against New Orleans, was about 27 days ago against Minnesota. The WEST got stronger with Lakers and Dallas playing much better lately too.

beasted86
03-31-2013, 09:51 AM
Lol your information is misleading my friend.

I don't get what you were saying because you made my point further.

Regardless of how you put it 11-5 against West above .500 > 12-7 against East above .500. To focus in a little further, Miami is 14-8 against East top 8 teams and 11-4 against West top 8 teams. Again this shows even against the best of the best Miami is still better against the West. I chose to stop where I originally did because it all points the same direction. Miami plays better against the West than the East.

Like I said in my second post in this thread, maybe how I put it was a little misleading, but although the West is the conference with the better teams, Miami would not have a tougher time playing in that conference as suggested by many because the facts are clear.

JasonJohnHorn
03-31-2013, 10:10 AM
People have been talking about the East being weak every since Jordan retired from the Bulls. This isn't new.

In 2004, for example, the Heat got home court advantage in the first round with a 42-40 record. That record wouldnt have even gotten them in the playoffs in the west, let alone home court advantage in the first round. The 8th seed in the east that season (Boston) was ten games below .500. The east has gotten better over the last ten years, but still, a .500 record, over the last decade, has been good enough to get a team in the east in the playoffs, while in the west you generally needed a .600 record to get in the playoffs most seasons.

This year is a little difference, but Miami currently has an 11 game lead over the second seed in the east, and the second seed in the east wouldn't even get home court advantage in the west. There are five teams with better records than the Knicks in the west and only one in the east. The Bucks currently have the 8th seed in the east, but wouldn't even be sniffing the playoffs in the west.

So the fact that people suggest that the east is weak, has nothing to do with how they feel about the heat, but rather it is just a simply and accurate observation, and one that has been made for over ten years.

TheNumber37
03-31-2013, 10:25 AM
2. Knicks - Amare out, Sheed out, Tyson Currently out
3. Pacers - Granger out for season
4. Nets - Only team who is finally healthy
5. Hawks - Lou Williams done
6. Chicago - Rose out, Noah and Marco banged up
7. Boston - Rondo out, KG down
8. Bucks

THIS is why?

Kenny Powders
03-31-2013, 10:26 AM
How come if someone makes the assertion that the eastern conference is weak, they are labelled as heat haters. What does the fact that the eastern conference is weak, have anything to do with the heat. You should rejoice in the fact that it is weak.

MarkieMark48
03-31-2013, 10:31 AM
People have been talking about the East being weak every since Jordan retired from the Bulls. This isn't new.

In 2004, for example, the Heat got home court advantage in the first round with a 42-40 record. That record wouldnt have even gotten them in the playoffs in the west, let alone home court advantage in the first round. The 8th seed in the east that season (Boston) was ten games below .500. The east has gotten better over the last ten years, but still, a .500 record, over the last decade, has been good enough to get a team in the east in the playoffs, while in the west you generally needed a .600 record to get in the playoffs most seasons.

This year is a little difference, but Miami currently has an 11 game lead over the second seed in the east, and the second seed in the east wouldn't even get home court advantage in the west. There are five teams with better records than the Knicks in the west and only one in the east. The Bucks currently have the 8th seed in the east, but wouldn't even be sniffing the playoffs in the west.

So the fact that people suggest that the east is weak, has nothing to do with how they feel about the heat, but rather it is just a simply and accurate observation, and one that has been made for over ten years.

there's no doubt with anything you just said. this thread is about facts defending the idea that the heat being (one of) the best team(s) in the nba is not simply because they play in the east

2-ONE-5
03-31-2013, 10:31 AM
the heat play more games against the east its really that simple. the east is as bad as its ever been

beasted86
03-31-2013, 10:34 AM
there's no doubt with anything you just said. this thread is about facts defending the idea that the heat being (one of) the best team(s) in the nba is not simply because they play in the east

Exactly.

jp611
03-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Why is haters such a loosely thrown around term around here?

I ****ing hate that word

Rivera
03-31-2013, 10:54 AM
Do people even hate the heat anymore? Seriously? Cause the "hate on the heat" on psd is no where near Pre championship. Whatever heat fans wanna write to make them feel better about them self

I bet some heat fan calls me a "hater" now lmao

TheNumber37
03-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Better question, why do Heat fans think that they will sweep to the chip AND think of the east as strong.

VendettaRed07
03-31-2013, 11:15 AM
Because the oldest team in NBA history has the second best record

LAKobeBryant
03-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Any team on the West can make the playoffs if they were on the East.

bledrules
03-31-2013, 11:23 AM

Why is this garbage not in the Heat forum:violin:

KnickaBocka.44
03-31-2013, 11:41 AM
During the streak the Heat beat the Bobcats, Raptors, Cavs, Magic, 76ers and Pistons a total of 11 times. 11/27 wins coming against total trash. That's why the "haters" aren't as impressed with the Heat as the Le-knob gobblers.

SteBO
03-31-2013, 11:45 AM
Well, the east is the weaker conference, but you can't diminish what Miami does because of it. We don't control these things, plus Miami's record against the West has been well-noted. I think people in here are having two different discussions.....

1) Injuries were brought up quite a few times in this thread, and they do play a factor. This is subjective, but personally I'd only apply that to one team in the east and that's Chicago. Heat fans(at the very least open-minded ones) will tell you that despite the end result of 4-1, that they are the one team in the east outside of Boston over the course of the last three years that truly fought a healthy Heat squad tooth and nail in the playoffs. Of course, that was w/ Derrick Rose playing. Miami hasn't seen him healthy since one regular season game last year. Regarding the potential threats now, Miami's either beaten them in their healthy stages this year or ousted them(same main core of players sans NY) in the playoffs last year(w/ no Bosh available for a chunk of it).

2) I think the OP was trying to insinuate that the notion of Miami not being able to put the same record or win streak if they were play a typical western conference schedule is silly, hence the 24-5 overall record against the West. Some of you guys want to point the garbage teams in the east, but what about the Sacramento's they'd get to play 3-4 times a year, or the New Orleans', the Phoenix's, or the Minnesota's. The West is the stronger conference, yes, but it gets overstated a lot. Miami's beaten OKC and DEN twice this year, along with wins against LAC, MEM, and GSW, not to mention every other playoff team. I think it's safe to say Miami could hang just fine......

SteBO
03-31-2013, 11:49 AM
During the streak the Heat beat the Bobcats, Raptors, Cavs, Magic, 76ers and Pistons a total of 11 times. 11/27 wins coming against total trash. That's why the "haters" aren't as impressed with the Heat as the Le-knob gobblers.
They also have wins @OKC, @NY, @CHI, @BOS, and home wins against the Rockets, Clippers, Grizzlies, and Pacers. Funny nobody mention those.....when Denver's win streak along with so many others' consisted of some of the same lighter weight teams out West, with some games mixed in against some of the East's weaker teams.

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Why is haters such a loosely thrown around term around here?

I ****ing hate that word

Hater.

3RDASYSTEM
03-31-2013, 12:03 PM
A ring was really the only last line of defense from the fanatics out here

its nothing they can say or do about now, just watch it all unfold

b@llhog24
03-31-2013, 12:06 PM

So by that logic, you're not impressed with the Lakers 33 game win streak? You must have some lofty standards man.

ryang
03-31-2013, 12:21 PM

I bet you and the rest of your fan base are impressed with your 6 game winning streak lmao. Only on psd is this a discussion. 27 wins in a row is better then going 20 and 7 no?

ATX
03-31-2013, 12:29 PM

Go find me any 27 games stretch for any team this season, and show me that sub .500 teams aren't on that schedule. 27 consecutive wins is the second longest winning streak of team sport in North American sports history. Obviously due to the length of such a streak, you will find a wide array of competition. You look foolish trying to discredit such a feat.

ghettosean
03-31-2013, 12:32 PM
2. Knicks - Amare out, Sheed out, Tyson Currently out
3. Pacers - Granger out for season
4. Nets - Only team who is finally healthy
5. Hawks - Lou Williams done
6. Chicago - Rose out, Noah and Marco banged up
7. Boston - Rondo out, KG down
8. Bucks

THIS is why?

How come you didn't mention Philly not having Andrew Bynum the entire year because basically they just have no star player and have pretty much given up on the season (Though they could surprise and make a playoff spot out of the WEAK Eastern conference) but as for what you wrote above...

Very true!

hugepatsfan
03-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Maybe because record vs. the Heat isn't the barometer for judging conferences.

KnickaBocka.44
03-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Go find me any 27 games stretch for any team this season, and show me that sub .500 teams aren't on that schedule. 27 consecutive wins is the second longest winning streak of team sport in North American sports history. Obviously due to the length of such a streak, you will find a wide array of competition. You look foolish trying to discredit such a feat.

No one is discrediting anything. I'm simply stating facts. It's not about there being teams under.500 its about how incredibly bad these specific teams are.

lamzoka
03-31-2013, 12:40 PM
If miami was in the west they would play spurs 4x, memphis 4x, nuggets 4x, clipps 4x, etc...

instead of they playing the cats 4x, wiz 4x, raptors 4x, sixers 4x etc...

the west is a stronger conference, but the heat is the best team in the league.

KnickaBocka.44
03-31-2013, 12:41 PM
I bet you and the rest of your fan base are impressed with your 6 game winning streak lmao. Only on psd is this a discussion. 27 wins in a row is better then going 20 and 7 no?

Oh yeah, we are so impressed with it. Thats why there are threads about it everywhere :rolleyes:

Your rhetoric isn't getting you anywhere with me though. Obviously 27 in a row is better but that doesn't mean I have to pretend like they didn't beat up on the bottom third of the league for half of their wins during it.

Teeboy1487
03-31-2013, 12:46 PM
The East is a weak conference even though the Heat are good. Honestly, this is the weakest I've seen the Eastern conference in a decade. Imagine if the Heat weren't good. The East would be a joke.

cubbiefan_est88
03-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Why do heat lovers clog and ruin this forum with a new stupid heat thread everyday?

BKLYNpigeon
03-31-2013, 01:13 PM
Thats utterly STUPID.

You cant use the Miami Heats performance to gauge the talent in the east and western conferences.

the second best team in the East are the Pacers or Knicks??....GIVE ME A BREAK. lol.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-31-2013, 01:17 PM
Lol your information is misleading my friend. Sure, thats an overall record of the team, but you leave out who the wins came against in the East, what were home games, what were away games. Let me break is down further for you.

Miami Home Record, 32-3
Miami Road Record 25-12

NOTE: Miami also plays in the weakest division, they are 12-1 and Washington is 3rd in the division and 20 games below .500.

When it comes down to it, Miami has not lost to a below .500 team in the West, but has a tougher time with the above .500 teams but 11-5 is still decent, although when they are on the road they are 4-4(which is the worst statistical record from the above)

They obviously play the East more often, the BETTER teams obviously have more knowledge on how to play Miami, Indiana and Chicago for example have beaten them both twice this year(thats 4 out of the 7 against the better .500 teams.

Anyways the 24-5 is being overblown by the fact that all 5 losses were caused by good teams and 13 out of 24 wins were against below .500 teams.

The alarming amount of games vs the east weaker teams shows exactly how many weak teams the East definitely has. Milwaukee the 8th place team currently 2 games below .500 and yet have a 5.5 game lead on philly lol.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the last time they actually played against the West(other then there last game against New Orleans, was about 27 days ago against Minnesota. The WEST got stronger with Lakers and Dallas playing much better lately too.

Nice break down.

JasonJohnHorn
03-31-2013, 01:20 PM

The Heat are clearly one of the best teams in the league, evidence by the fact that they are the defending champions. The record is perhaps inflated because they are playing a lot of weak teams in the East. I mean, they've lost to NY, Indy and CHI twice, and lost to Boston. There are five teams in the east with better records than the Knicks, so if the Heat were playing the bulk of their games against the Spurs and Memphis, or OKC, or LAC, instead of only playing those teams twice, there is no doubt that they would NOT have had a 27 game win streak. The Heat have even managed to lose to the Pistons and the Bucks. If they were playing the stronger lottery teams in the West, their record wouldn't be as good.

That said, THEY ARE THE DEFENDING CHAMPS!! They beat the best team in the West last year CONVINCINGLY!!! OKC wasn't even in the series. It's not Miami's fault the East is so weak (actually, it is, because they signed the franchise players from two Eastern conference teams). The Heat are doing what they are supposed to be doing: Beating the team they are supposed to beat.

Yes, they are on pace for 60+ wins and will certainly attain that barring disaster, and yes, if they were playing in the West they likely would only get between 55-60 wins. 60 wins in the west is more impressive than 62 or 63 wins in the east, but honestly, we're splitting hairs. Any team that can win 60 games is a title contender, regardless.

I do not think the Heat are as dominant as some think, and I believe that they would not win the West if they played there, but I do believe they are capable of beating any Western team in a 7-game series (I just think it would be hard for them to beat 3 west teams).

The Heat lack a true PG and a true center. They lacked these things last year and still won, but Boston and Indy gave them a fight. If they had to play Memphis or Denver, then SA or OKC, they would have a VERY hard time winning all those series. But against weaker teams they can easily make up for what they lack at C and PG. Against great teams they are going to have a harder time, but can obviously still do it.

The Heat are awesome. Are they the best team? Maybe. The playoffs will tell us that. But what they are not is the clear cut choice for champions. They will not sweep their way through the playoffs, even in the East. They will have to earn every round and ever win and they will struggle to win it all this year, regardless of which team from the West makes it to the finals, where I have no doubt the Heat will be waiting for them.

beliges
03-31-2013, 01:22 PM
While it really makes no difference ultimately but this eastern conference is among the worst conferences ever. The heat have no competition until the reach the finals.

KnickNyKnick
03-31-2013, 01:32 PM
why do people say heat fans are so annoying?

Oh nvm.

bingo!!

Lakers + Giants
03-31-2013, 01:35 PM
The eastern conference is weaker. No doubt about it.

Heat would "struggle" a little more in the west but they would still be the best team in the NBA. No doubt about it.

Simple as that.

CavsYanksDuke
03-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Lakers and Knicks fans coming in here calling HEAT fans annoying...SIT DOWN.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 01:45 PM

Fan of a team that nobody cares about, even bothers to talk about, and might have 2 users on this site complains about fans of big market teams who get all the media attention and discussion topics on this forum.

Sit down yourself ya ****ing crybaby.

KnickNyKnick
03-31-2013, 01:50 PM
the east IS weaker, why assume its the heat "haters" saying that lol. Loser denial? do you guys just make threads to create a platform to insult other fan bases? do you even care about the facts others are posting in reply to your question?

Or are you just waiting to troll who ever replys.

Yes as a knick fan i am impressed with the 7 game winning streak. We did it without Tyson or Stat.
Just Melo and role players

Now Imagine Dwade with role players, no LBJ no Bosh. 15-67 anyone?

Hawkeye15
03-31-2013, 01:56 PM

The west is better, but it doesn't change the fact that the Heat have played better against the west than any team out west has. And to answer your question, its because at this point LeBron/Heat haters will do anything they possibly can to discredit his dominance. That should be obvious dude, why even ask..

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 02:03 PM
The East sucks true. But like the numbers suggest its not like they are benefitting from beating up on East teams. They did more damage to the West. I will say I think they benefitted during the streak from the weakness of the East in that they got to play lesser opponents more often. But that doesn't mean they didn't beat all the teams out West they were asked to play too.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 02:06 PM
A larger percentage of their games come against weaker teams as a result of playing in the Eastern Conference, but they aren't benefitting from that and padding their record against bad teams like say the Bulls used to do IIRC.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Fan of a team that nobody cares about, even bothers to talk about, and might have 2 users on this site complains about fans of big market teams who get all the media attention and discussion topics on this forum.

Sit down yourself ya ****ing crybaby.

:laugh:

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-31-2013, 02:12 PM
The west is better, but it doesn't change the fact that the Heat have played better against the west than any team out west has. And to answer your question, its because at this point LeBron/Heat haters will do anything they possibly can to discredit his dominance. That should be obvious dude, why even ask..

If the Heat were in the west, they would by worn out over time and wouldn't be as successful. They basically get free practice games when they play East teams.

Hawkeye15
03-31-2013, 02:17 PM
If the Heat were in the west, they would by worn out over time and wouldn't be as successful. They basically get free practice games when they play East teams.

So? So would have Jordan's Bulls. How does that change anything? And I don't really buy your theory anyways

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-31-2013, 02:19 PM
So? So would have Jordan's Bulls. How does that change anything? And I don't really buy your theory anyways

The East was not as weak back then. I'm just saying the Heat's record vs the West is not what it seems to be.

Hawkeye15
03-31-2013, 02:24 PM
The East was not as weak back then. I'm just saying the Heat's record vs the West is not what it seems to be.

yes it was. The injuries this year are making it slightly weaker, no doubt, but again, why are people just going out of their way to diminish the Heat? Didn't they beat the best out west in the finals? Aren't they 24-5 against them this year? This team would dominate either way.

I am in between here. I don't think this Heat team stacks up with some of the top 2-3 teams ever, at all, but I sure as hell don't think many here give them enough credit for how good they are.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 02:25 PM

I think there is a slight degree of credence to what your saying. I think you could argue that if they had to vs the West teams more often they wouldn't have the energy to 'get up' against those teams as often and it would eventually start to take its toll a little bit. When you can coast through a ton of games and still win against the likes of Orlando, Charlotte, Washington it definitely makes it easier to take the games against better West teams more seriously and give that extra boost.

I mean if they were in the Southwest division and played Houston, Memphis, Dallas, San Antonio 4x each instead of Atlanta, Charlotte, Washington and Orlando that record would change. I mean the two very worst teams in the league are in their divison.

The fact that the games vs the West are so few and far between probably helps them win a higher % of them, but they would still be a top 3 team with OKC and San Antonio even if they were out West. .

Kashmir13579
03-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Marginal numbers that don't prove much.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
yes it was. The injuries this year are making it slightly weaker, no doubt, but again, why are people just going out of their way to diminish the Heat? Didn't they beat the best out west in the finals? Aren't they 24-5 against them this year? This team would dominate either way.

I think there is a slight degree of credence to what your saying. I think you could argue that if they had to vs the West teams more often they wouldn't have the energy to 'get up' against those teams as often and it would eventually start to take its toll a little bit. When you can coast through a ton of games and still win against the likes of Orlando, Charlotte, Washington it definitely makes it easier to take the games against better West teams more seriously and give that extra boost.

I mean if they were in the Southwest division and played Houston, Memphis, Dallas, San Antonio 4x each instead of Atlanta, Charlotte, Washington and Orlando that record would change. I mean the two very worst teams in the league are in their divison.

The fact that the games vs the West are so few and far between probably helps them win a higher % of them, but they would still be a top 3 team with OKC and San Antonio even if they were out West. .
^

amos1er
03-31-2013, 03:13 PM

We are sitting down lol. Do you expect us to type standing up?

amos1er
03-31-2013, 03:16 PM
The east is weaker. Get over it Heat fans...start living in reality!!!

Add up the records of all the teams in the west and then compare them to the teams in the east. Now, who has the better record? It's simple math people...

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Who cares. Streak or no streak my team is better then yours.

KnickaBocka.44
03-31-2013, 04:07 PM
....and thats why people hate the Heat.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:08 PM
There are only two teams in the west who even have a shot at winning the ship. So If your looking for someone to say your sub par 500 teams are better out west then your right and congratulations.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Who cares if people hate the Heat. Congrats. Lots of people hate the Yankees , lakers etc etc. when your on top people hate you this is nothing new. Oh you hate the decision or Lebron teaming with wade smh. Sorry Gilbert couldn't do it. Riley did

Chronz
03-31-2013, 04:13 PM
Because its a relevant critique.....?

Sure theres an argument that if Bron was in the West, the team would be more engaged and forced to elevate their games, but you would have to imagine it would take a harder toll on the team.

As it stands, Wade/Bron are afforded a situation where minutes can be managed and they can win games without putting forth full effort.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Dwight and mello. Those two force trades but that's ok right? Should I live in Cleveland or Miami? LA or Orlando. Denver or New York. Pretty easy choices.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 04:14 PM
There are only two teams in the west who even have a shot at winning the ship. So If your looking for someone to say your sub par 500 teams are better out west then your right and congratulations.

More like there are two legit contenders in the West opposed to one. 3 second tier teams that are better than the two second tier teams in the East. The 3rd tier teams of GSW, HOU, Utah and Chicago/BK/ATL are pretty much even. The 4th tier non-playoff teams are way better in the West and teams like Dallas, LA and Portland are all playoff teams in the Eastern Conference. The dead weight in the West is also better than the dead weight in the East.

The West is way better, thats not really debatable, what debatable is whether the Heat would suffer more than a few games if they went out West. I'm not convinced they would but there is an argument to be made. Your post was pretty much nonsense and I'm not even sure what point you were trying to prove or disprove.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 04:16 PM

Sure theres an argument that if Bron was in the West, the team would be more engaged and forced to elevate their games, but you would have to imagine it would take a harder toll on the team.

As it stands, Wade/Bron are afforded a situation where minutes can be managed and they can win games without putting forth full effort.

Yep, they are able to coast through a ton of games knowing 5 minutes of good basketball out of the 48 will win them the game in the end. That allows them to save a ton of energy for statement games like the big boys of the West. They hear all the talk about the East being so weak, so I am sure they consciously try to prove they can beat anyone out West, and if you had to do that nearly double as often as you do now, it would be more difficult to pull those W's off on a consistent basis.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:17 PM

It would definitely take a toll playing in the west. The streak may not have happened. Me personally I'm happy that streak is over. Rest for the playoffs cause that's when it counts.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 04:18 PM
Dwight and mello. Those two force trades but that's ok right? Should I live in Cleveland or Miami? LA or Orlando. Denver or New York. Pretty easy choices.

I think its pretty much a known fact it was the way LeBron went about it that got him all the flack. Dwight and Melo both made it perfectly clear way in advance that they were going to bounce and both teams got pieces in return. LeBron kept his hometown squad on the hook with false hope right to the very end and ripped their hearts out on National TV, leaving them table scraps to trade for in return.

I think you knew this already.

KnickaBocka.44
03-31-2013, 04:18 PM
Who cares if people hate the Heat. Congrats. Lots of people hate the Yankees , lakers etc etc. when your on top people hate you this is nothing new. Oh you hate the decision or Lebron teaming with wade smh. Sorry Gilbert couldn't do it. Riley did

No. You're still not getting it but I didn't really expect anything else. People hate the Heat because their fans don't deserve them.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:21 PM
More like there are two legit contenders in the West opposed to one. 3 second tier teams that are better than the two second tier teams in the East. The 3rd tier teams of GSW, HOU, Utah and Chicago/BK/ATL are pretty much even. The 4th tier non-playoff teams are way better in the West and teams like Dallas, LA and Portland are all playoff teams in the Eastern Conference. The dead weight in the West is also better than the dead weight in the East.

The West is way better, thats not really debatable, what debatable is whether the Heat would suffer more than a few games if they went out West. I'm not convinced they would but there is an argument to be made. Your post was pretty much nonsense and I'm not even sure what point you were trying to prove or disprove.

My point was that the west is better but it doesn't mean anything. Anyone not named okc or San Antonio stands no chance. The Knicks and pacers could take out any other team and a healthy bulls team is just as good. If the east wins again this year then guess what the west has nothing to brag about.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 04:21 PM
LeBron was so concerned of maintaining his image during all the time leading up to the decision, telling reporters that Cleveland was still in his plans, leaving the window open for his return, that he didn't prepare for the hit his image was going to take when he actually made his decision to leave, after appeasing his fanbase with false hope for months before booking.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:23 PM
No. You're still not getting it but I didn't really expect anything else. People hate the Heat because their fans don't deserve them.

And the Knicks do? You cheered for Lebron as he scored all over you in a cavs uniform. We dot deserve him? Maybe fans on the Internet but I've loved the heat since we entered the league in 88. We always sold out (way before we won our first title) and if you lives down here you'd understand how many true fans we have. What your saying is bull****. It's all you got left at this point.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 04:23 PM
My point was that the west is better but it doesn't mean anything. Anyone not named okc or San Antonio stands no chance. The Knicks and pacers could take out any other team and a healthy bulls team is just as good. If the east wins again this year then guess what the west has nothing to brag about.

Except over the course of an 82 game regular season it does mean something. It doesn't mean the Heat aren't the best team in the league but it means they have a much easier regular season and are able to conserve energy and coast more often than teams in the West, and they would have more of a struggle over the 5 month season if they played in the West and come playoff time that might take its toll on the team. Its a legitimate point of discussion and your counter arguments are irrelevant and don't really contribute anything to the discussion.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:26 PM
LeBron was so concerned of maintaining his image during all the time leading up to the decision, telling reporters that Cleveland was still in his plans, leaving the window open for his return, that he didn't prepare for the hit his image was going to take when he actually made his decision to leave, after appeasing his fanbase with false hope for months before booking.

If you don't sign an extension then I blame the fans for not connecting the dots. If lebrons contract was up this year and there was no extension signed I'd be prepared. Common sence

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 04:26 PM
And the Knicks do? You cheered for Lebron as he scored all over you in a cavs uniform. We dot deserve him? Maybe fans on the Internet but I've loved the heat since we entered the league in 88. We always sold out (way before we won our first title) and if you lives down here you'd understand how many true fans we have. What your saying is bull****. It's all you got left at this point.

I'm not saying his points were valid and the point that 'Heat fans don't deserve him' is stupid, but Miami in general is known as a weak *** sports town and you guys struggle to fill seats before half time even with the best team in the NBA and cheap *** tickets.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 04:28 PM
If you don't sign an extension then I blame the fans for not connecting the dots. If lebrons contract was up this year and there was no extension signed I'd be prepared. Common sence

Easy to say that from your computer chair. You don't let a talent like that walk unless you KNOW he is leaving. If he tells you he might stay, you take that chance. This guy might go down as the GOAT, you don't trade him unless you have to, you don't have to unless he says hes not staying.

Compound that with the fact that no team is trading anything of substance unless he makes up his minds and says where he will sign an extension like Melo and Dwight did. He kept everyone in limbo and kept his organization handcuffed until the very last second when it was too late. He himself admitted he ****ed up, I think you can too.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Your talking hypotheticals and if you think the heat could not handle the warriors , grizz , clippers etc etc your high. Sure they'd be more tired but that doesn't mean they lose more. Not sure what your saying at this point and what's the point? There in the east. The streak happened. You can discredit it all you want but it's better then losing. Anything else inbetween is bulls***

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:30 PM
Easy to say that from your computer chair. You don't let a talent like that walk unless you KNOW he is leaving. If he tells you he might stay, you take that chance. This guy might go down as the GOAT, you don't trade him unless you have to, you don't have to unless he says hes not staying.

Compound that with the fact that no team is trading anything of substance unless he makes up his minds and says where he will sign an extension like Melo and Dwight did. He kept everyone in limbo and kept his organization handcuffed until the very last second when it was too late. He himself admitted he ****ed up, I think you can too.

Dwight signed an extension? Your Knicks would be in such better shape had mello followed lebrons path. If wade left me like Lebron that year I would have moved on by now. Hated him yes but moved on

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Your talking hypotheticals and if you think the heat could not handle the warriors , grizz , clippers etc etc your high. Sure they'd be more tired but that doesn't mean they lose more. Not sure what your saying at this point and what's the point? There in the east. The streak happened. You can discredit it all you want but it's better then losing. Anything else inbetween is bulls***

The point is they wouldn't be able to just coast and win those games like they can against teams in the East. You coast in the West you will get caught more often. You will either have to exude the energy required to win against better teams or you will lose more games. Either way it would likely take its toll to a degree. I still think they'd be a top team but they might be a 3rd seed out West and I don't think thats a stretch.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:32 PM
And my point was if Lebron entered free agency without signing an extension as a fan of that team if be prepared for him to walk. Doesn't make it right or wrong but I'd be prepared regardless. What was Lebron supposed to say halfway through the season? Hey Cleveland I'm probably gonna leave or trade me to Milwaukee ? He'd get shot

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Dwight signed an extension? Your Knicks would be in such better shape had mello followed lebrons path. If wade left me like Lebron that year I would have moved on by now. Hated him yes but moved on

Your right about Dwight. But either way he said he was leaving way in advance and let his team get something in return. Your point about Melo is back asswards my dude. The point is he was a trooper for the team that drafted him and went about it way better than LeBron did. He made it known early and took the hit from the media, where LeBron avoided all that by dancing around the situation of leaving his hometown until the very last second, and screwed the Cavs in the process.

It would have been better for the Knicks, but the team I am a fan of is irrelevant to this discussion. In this case its about how the Nuggets benefitted from it, which is why he doesn't get the same **** LeBron does, which is what you posted to start this back and forth. You obviously aren't able to discuss your own team with a level unbiased head.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:34 PM
The point is they wouldn't be able to just coast and win those games like they can against teams in the East. You coast in the West you will get caught more often. You will either have to exude the energy required to win against better teams or you will lose more games. Either way it would likely take its toll to a degree. I still think they'd be a top team but they might be a 3rd seed out West and I don't think thats a stretch.

I agree with your assent ment but the 3rd seed part. If we had to use more energy we would. See our record vs the west or thunder etc ect. Very easily can be 1st but might pay for that come playoff time.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 04:35 PM
And my point was if Lebron entered free agency without signing an extension as a fan of that team if be prepared for him to walk. Doesn't make it right or wrong but I'd be prepared regardless. What was Lebron supposed to say halfway through the season? Hey Cleveland I'm probably gonna leave or trade me to Milwaukee ? He'd get shot

Say I'm ready to move on, man up and take the media hit. He was so worried about maintaining his darling image throughout the entire process and instead he made it worse for him, for his hometown fans, for the team that drafted him. Everyone suffered as a result. He ****ed up and he knows it, time to just admit it.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Your right about Dwight. But either way he said he was leaving way in advance and let his team get something in return. Your point about Melo is back asswards my dude. The point is he was a trooper for the team that drafted him and went about it way better than LeBron did. He made it known early and took the hit from the media, where LeBron avoided all that by dancing around the situation of leaving his hometown until the very last second, and screwed the Cavs in the process.

It would have been better for the Knicks, but the team I am a fan of is irrelevant to this discussion. In this case its about how the Nuggets benefitted from it, which is why he doesn't get the same **** LeBron does, which is what you posted to start this back and forth. You obviously aren't able to discuss your own team with a level unbiased head.

Your right about unbiased. But IMO mello and Dwight were worse. Free agents can leave there team right? Isn't that the point of free agency? This isn't anything new. If we're talking about the tv decision 3 years later then that's because he didn't choose the Knicks. Had he did you'd be me right now.

D-Leethal
03-31-2013, 04:37 PM
I agree with your assent ment but the 3rd seed part. If we had to use more energy we would. See our record vs the west or thunder etc ect. Very easily can be 1st but might pay for that come playoff time.

God you are so dense dude. Do you comprehend anything anyone has been saying in this thread? You basically just rehashed the OP. The point is, if they had to play those teams more often than they do now, that West record likely wouldn't be as good. Its easier to win those games when there are fewer of them, and when a large bulk of your games come against crappy East teams allowing you to conserve energy for the great West teams.

Its also easier to beat a team once or twice out of 2 than it is to beat them 3 or 4 out of 4.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Say I'm ready to move on, man up and take the media hit. He was so worried about maintaining his darling image throughout the entire process and instead he made it worse for him, for his hometown fans, for the team that drafted him. Everyone suffered as a result. He ****ed up and he knows it, time to just admit it.

He admitted it. He should have handled it differently. Maybe he didn't want to be traded to a garbage team. Maybe he didn't want his kids to get there *** kicked in school. Sure his image but there's more to it.

ryang
03-31-2013, 04:42 PM

God you are so dense dude. Do you comprehend anything anyone has been saying in this thread? You basically just rehashed the OP. The point is, if they had to play those teams more often than they do now, that West record likely wouldn't be as good. Its easier to win those games when there are fewer of them, and when a large bulk of your games come against crappy East teams allowing you to conserve energy for the great West teams.

Its also easier to beat a team once or twice out of 2 than it is to beat them 3 or 4 out of 4.

I know. I tell your knick fans the same thing over and over again when they talk about beating us twice this year. Here is my point. You don't know what our record would be. It's not possible. Are you so dence you can't understand this? Sure we'd be tired. Sure we may not have gone I. That streak. But we could have no?? Alls I'm saying is who cares. Winning is better the. Losing and if you not impressed by the streak the. Your an uneducated sports fan. It's hard to do that regardless of opponent.

KnickaBocka.44
03-31-2013, 05:04 PM
I know. I tell your knick fans the same thing over and over again when they talk about beating us twice this year. Here is my point. You don't know what our record would be. It's not possible. Are you so dence you can't understand this? Sure we'd be tired. Sure we may not have gone I. That streak. But we could have no?? Alls I'm saying is who cares. Winning is better the. Losing and if you not impressed by the streak the. Your an uneducated sports fan. It's hard to do that regardless of opponent.

No one is disputing that. But it's also naive to just look at a number without considering the context.

ryang
03-31-2013, 05:40 PM

No one is disputing that. But it's also naive to just look at a number without considering the context.

Agreed. Not everyone shares your pint of view though. They seem to think this was easy and we should start another one tomm. Yes it's easier then doing it In the west but its still impressive regardless.

ryang
03-31-2013, 09:18 PM

Agreed. Not everyone shares your pint of view though. They seem to think this was easy and we should start another one tomm. Yes it's easier then doing it In the west but its still impressive regardless.

Or we could just rest Lebron,Wade and chalmers and beat the west. Anything else??

tredigs
03-31-2013, 09:31 PM

Miami Home Record, 32-3
Miami Road Record 25-12

You are an absolute homer - weakling for not responding to this post in your own thread kid. His points along with my original sentiments destroy your whining.

daleja424
03-31-2013, 09:41 PM
Ill respond for him then. The HEAT have a better record against the West (25-5) than the Spurs have against the East (23-5). Go ahead and explain that one...

daleja424
03-31-2013, 09:43 PM
There is no doubt that the East is weaker than the West...but Miami has gone out and dominated in the west. They have a better winning percentage against the west than the east...

This is simply a good team. Grow up...

tredigs
03-31-2013, 09:45 PM
There is no doubt that the East is weaker than the West...but Miami has gone out and dominated in the west. They have a better winning percentage against the west than the east...

Who said otherwise? Who are you Heat sycophants typing to... Do you read what anyone writes?

Shut up and enjoy your team. Whiny little fans, I swear.

daleja424
03-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Who said otherwise? Who are you Heat sycophants typing to... Do you read what anyone writes?

Shut up and enjoy your team. Whiny little winners, I swear.

Not at all. Imagine for a second tredigs that every time you come on hear there are 20 posters constantly bashing your team for no apparent reason. People that attack everything your team accomplishes.

Is it really that hard to understand why HEAT fans may stand up for their guys?

The criticism is relentless. Like nothing the NBA has ever seen before.

tredigs
03-31-2013, 09:50 PM
Not at all. Imagine for a second tredigs that every time you come on hear there are 20 posters constantly bashing your team for no apparent reason. People that attack everything your team accomplishes.

Is it really that hard to understand why HEAT fans may stand up for their guys?

The criticism is relentless. Like nothing the NBA has ever seen before.

Spare me dude. You're clearly someone like the OP who focuses on the negative. I'm leaving it at that because I'm going out and this is not worth my fingers.

RollingWave
03-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Why assume it's Heat haters? just take a look at the standings, the Rockets are 8 game over .500 and still at risk of falling out of the playoff, the Bucks are *2* games UNDER .500 and essentially clinched.

Vampirate
03-31-2013, 10:09 PM
The West has San Antonio and the Thunder, there is no team in the East that are as good as them besides the Heat. It's almost assured the Heat are going to the finals this year, if they we're in the West than I would be no where as confident in that statement. That doesn't diminish them as title contenders, it just speaks to the strengths of each conference.

tp13baby
03-31-2013, 10:32 PM
The East is weak. Takes nothing away from the Heat cause they are great. Doing the winning percentages against the west and all them get worse outside of Washington and Orlando. Don't tell me the East is better. The West top to bottom is a lot better.

Aust
03-31-2013, 10:36 PM

The East is weak. Takes nothing away from the Heat cause they are great. Doing the winning percentages against the west and all them get worse outside of Washington and Orlando. Don't tell me the East is better. The West top to bottom is a lot better.

Yup

RiceOnTheRun
04-01-2013, 03:36 AM
I'm a Knick fan and I hope to god they win it big within the next 2 years but realistically, I can't see anyone in the East beating the Heat. Bulls didn't beat em in '11 with D-Rose and their bench mob, they won't do it this year. Celtics, nope. Nets, nope. Pacers, possibly but still doubtful. Hawks, nope. Bucks, noooope. Knicks, hopefully but doubtful as well.

The East just isn't as good as the West. It's just how it is :/

torocan
04-01-2013, 09:08 AM

The question isn't whether Miami is a good team, or even if they're the best (I believe they're the favorites right now for a championship).

However, playing in the weaker conference has implications in both the regular season and play offs.

During the regular season, playing in the weaker conference means you can take more nights off, play with less energy, slack in terms of effort and still come out with wins. It means that you're taking less physical wear and tear as you're not needing to expend as much energy on offense or defense.

Take the top 5 teams in the West... Spurs, OKC, Clippers, Memphis and Denver. Replace Miami with ANY of those teams in the East and any of those 5 would arguably be a top 2 seed in the East. Not only would they be a top 2 seed, but they'd be better rested with potentially fewer injuries throughout the season playing the softer schedule in the East.

Heck, take the 6-10 seeds in the West. GSW, Houston, Utah, Lakers and Dallas. Any of those 5 would arguably be a top 6 seed in the East (with GSW and Houston being top 4 seed). Houston is 40-33 and in a race for the 6th/7th seed and 9 games back of the 5th seed. Their magic number is 5 to lock a play off spot. Atlanta has 41-33 record and has already locked a spot at the 6th and only 1.5 back of the 4 spot.

And in the play offs on an individual round basis, the weaker conference makes a difference.

The Heat in the West instead of OKC or the Spurs might still be the best team, but think about their match ups in the play offs if they were in the West and the #1 seed as of Today

1st round - Utah/Lakers/Dallas
2nd round - Clippers/Memphis
WFC - OKC/Denver/Golden State/Houston

Sure, the Heat should beat any of those teams in a series, however games are a funny thing. At any given time a team can get hot and beat you in the play offs.

Against the Bucks the Heat are probably 95%. Against the Lakers/Utah/Dallas they might be 75-85%.

Reduce the probability of getting through a round by 10% for each tier and you have a drastically reduced chance of reaching the Finals.

Let's do a mental numbers exercise... let's assign some arbitrary wins probabilities to each round and change those numbers by only 5% for each round due to the West being tougher.

East - 95% x 95% x 95% = 85.7%
West - 90% x 85% x 80% = 61.2%

Just that small change transforms Miami from an overwhelming favorite to reach the Finals to 60/40... a bit better than a coin flip.

Heck, even the Lakers, Utah or Dallas could in theory upset the Heat (highly unlikely, but a LOT more likely than the Bucks doing it).

So yes, being the East is an advantage. Not just due to the energy needed, but simply due to the chance or random crap happening like a cold/hot shooting night and the fact you're playing against teams with better offenses, defenses or both when you're in the West.

It doesn't make the Heat a weaker team for being in the East, it's just an advantage that the Western teams don't have.

When folks say the Heat have a cakewalk to the top seed and the Finals, it's not a knock against the Heat, it's just the reality of the situation. It's not their fault, but it is what it is.

koreancabbage
04-01-2013, 09:50 AM
the East is weaker and it showed with the lackadaisal efforts during the 27 win streak at times against the weaker East teams. They probably play their best basketball against better teams, like the Western teams and save their energy for them.

nothing against the Heat or the East but Heat do not put in a full 48 miunutes of great basketball a lot of times and they can get away with it for being the in the East. That doesn't mean they aren't the best team in the league, because they probably are still, even if they were in the West.

People are just trying to discredit the Heat at any point in time the chances they can get. They're obviously jealous and butthurt fans of what Riley did in that moment of history than any other GM wished they could have pulled off. People say Lebron chose to go to Wade's team and tarnished his legacy, but what really happened was that Riley created the perfect situation where he could sign all three players.

hugepatsfan
04-01-2013, 10:14 AM
the East is weaker and it showed with the lackadaisal efforts during the 27 win streak at times against the weaker East teams. They probably play their best basketball against better teams, like the Western teams and save their energy for them.

nothing against the Heat or the East but Heat do not put in a full 48 miunutes of great basketball a lot of times and they can get away with it for being the in the East. That doesn't mean they aren't the best team in the league, because they probably are still, even if they were in the West.

People are just trying to discredit the Heat at any point in time the chances they can get. They're obviously jealous and butthurt fans of what Riley did in that moment of history than any other GM wished they could have pulled off. People say Lebron chose to go to Wade's team and tarnished his legacy, but what really happened was that Riley created the perfect situation where he could sign all three players.

Riley didn't create ****. He GMed a team in a favorable market and intentionally avoided improving the team for a couple of years so he'd have mega cap space. What he did took absolutely no skill. That's my issue with it. All these superstars teaming up is basically removing all the skill it takes to be a GM.

Building MIA's first championship team in 06 was a much greater accomplishment for Riley because he actually had something to do with building that team.

Big Zo
04-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Riley didn't create ****. He GMed a team in a favorable market and intentionally avoided improving the team for a couple of years so he'd have mega cap space. What he did took absolutely no skill. That's my issue with it. All these superstars teaming up is basically removing all the skill it takes to be a GM.

Building MIA's first championship team in 06 was a much greater accomplishment for Riley because he actually had something to do with building that team.

LOL! Are you kidding? They could have gone to either New York, or Chicago, and gotten paid way more with endorsements, and such. He was able to get all of them on a discount.

gangis2169
04-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Its simple to post stats of what they are doing against the west when you only have to play teams from the west every now and then. When you don't have to really get up for a game every day the way the west does its easy to say look what the Heat have done against the west. But for once I wish Heat fans would STFU about how they get no respect when everywhere you look ESPN, NBA TV, all the sports boards its all HEAT all day long. Why do Heat fans care of course the East is horrible it has been for years. This year actually might break the record for the worst conference season in NBA History. Your reign should be expected. Your playoff run will be a joke as it was last year and again they will only really have to get hyped and focused for one series which is the championship. They should win no matter what. Not sure why Heat fans feel like they deserve something. I mean if Magic and Jordan had it this easy they might have won 10 rings a piece. Enjoy the cakewalk and stop *****ing.

JoeBlessU
04-01-2013, 11:08 AM
The heat are SO good. I started to like them when Lebron and Bosh came to town.. But now that they are really winning I am starting to obsess over them. Lebron is the best ever, no question about it. Dwade is likely 2nd or 3rd best ever. The heat this year are the greatest team to ever play hands down. They are going to win every title until Lebron retires. My life is so much better since Lebron and Bosh came to Miami!!

-Heat Fans on PSD..

bucketss
04-01-2013, 11:12 AM
The heat are SO good. I started to like them when Lebron and Bosh came to town.. But now that they are really winning I am starting to obsess over them. Lebron is the best ever, no question about it. Dwade is likely 2nd or 3rd best ever. The heat this year are the greatest team to ever play hands down. They are going to win every title until Lebron retires. My life is so much better since Lebron and Bosh came to Miami!!

-Heat Fans on PSD..

lol this guy is so mad.

Kobe2324
04-01-2013, 11:31 AM
yeah but they play only 2 games against the west teams, which means they play the weak terrible east conf a lot more, that's not to say i dont think miami isnt the best team because i do even being a "hater" I just think their record would not be as good and that 27 game winning streak would have never happen out west, that's my only argument.

ATX
04-01-2013, 11:34 AM
25-5 against the West. Case closed.

JoeBlessU
04-01-2013, 11:35 AM
lol this guy is so mad.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:..

Big Zo
04-01-2013, 12:11 PM

-Heat Fans on PSD..

"My mouth was built for Kobe's wiener."

-- JoeBlessU

JoeBlessU
04-01-2013, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Big Zo;25781274]"My mouth was built for Kobe's wiener."

My god you are clever.

Stinkyoutsider
04-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Not going to hate on the Heat. They can only play and beat teams on their schedule, regardless of whether the East is stronger/weaker than the West.

I'm interested more in seeing what the Heat do in the playoffs.

HouRealCoach
04-01-2013, 01:22 PM
SA are 0-4 against Heat & Knicks

Big Zo
04-01-2013, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Big Zo;25781274]"My mouth was built for Kobe's wiener."

My god you are clever.

And I can quote properly, too. :)

koreancabbage
04-01-2013, 02:32 PM

so basically you're discrediting Rley and his GM skill even though he put the first team together that won it.

of course that is skill. That is a huge gamble - to try to sign the three biggest free agents on the market and to work it out financially for all three players who are pretty much being paid the max. And it didn't even guarantee a championship (i.e. first year together)

see. butthurt fan. trying to discredit anything that Lebron or the Heat try to do. I don't see any other teams or players doing ANYTHING like this. this is different and people don't like different. Ainge did his duty by bringing KG and Ray Allen but somehow Riley gets no credit for what he did with the Miami roster and banking it all on one off season?

Both had huge risks yet both have different standards. Riley is known to be a good GM but he gets no credit in bringing in all three players? double standards here.

koreancabbage
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM

-Heat Fans on PSD..

butthurt fan. i love how every interpretation of Heat fans always succumb to extreme exaggeration and meaningless threads created by non-Heat fans baiting Heat fans and people are complaining about "another heat thread" when the threads aren't even created by Heat fans.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-01-2013, 04:06 PM
25-5 against the West. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post

Miami Home Record, 32-3
Miami Road Record 25-12

Case reopened

ATX
04-01-2013, 04:24 PM

Miami Home Record, 32-3
Miami Road Record 25-12

Case reopened

Don't ever respond to me, please. You have nothing of value to contribute to me or anyone else here not named Jimmer/Amosler.

ILLUSIONIST^248
04-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Don't ever respond to me, please. You have nothing of value to contribute to me or anyone else here not named Jimmer/Amosler.

That break down went right over your head didn't it?

hugepatsfan
04-01-2013, 05:38 PM
so basically you're discrediting Rley and his GM skill even though he put the first team together that won it.

of course that is skill. That is a huge gamble - to try to sign the three biggest free agents on the market and to work it out financially for all three players who are pretty much being paid the max. And it didn't even guarantee a championship (i.e. first year together)

see. butthurt fan. trying to discredit anything that Lebron or the Heat try to do. I don't see any other teams or players doing ANYTHING like this. this is different and people don't like different. Ainge did his duty by bringing KG and Ray Allen but somehow Riley gets no credit for what he did with the Miami roster and banking it all on one off season?

Both had huge risks yet both have different standards. Riley is known to be a good GM but he gets no credit in bringing in all three players? double standards here.

You must have missed the second part of my post where I credited Riley for the first title team. That took great GMing. I thought that was one of the most impressive 1 year GMing jobs we've seen in a while. Took a lot of pieces and made them work together.

And comparing Riley putting this team together to what BOS did is a joke. Danny drafted a collection of young talent over the years, developed it to the point where it was desirable in trades and capitalized on their value. it took the ability to evaluate talent and negotiate trades with other teams. Riley on the other hand, just chose not to sign any players for a couple of years so he'd have cap space. It took no evaluation skills at all. If he was GM for a team in a less desirable market it wouldn't have worked. I just fail to see how Riley's ability to evaluate talent factored into bringing this team together at all. I'm not saying he doesn't have it because I brought up an example of him doing it in the past.

koreancabbage
04-01-2013, 06:40 PM
You must have missed the second part of my post where I credited Riley for the first title team. That took great GMing. I thought that was one of the most impressive 1 year GMing jobs we've seen in a while. Took a lot of pieces and made them work together.

And comparing Riley putting this team together to what BOS did is a joke. Danny drafted a collection of young talent over the years, developed it to the point where it was desirable in trades and capitalized on their value. it took the ability to evaluate talent and negotiate trades with other teams. Riley on the other hand, just chose not to sign any players for a couple of years so he'd have cap space. It took no evaluation skills at all. If he was GM for a team in a less desirable market it wouldn't have worked. I just fail to see how Riley's ability to evaluate talent factored into bringing this team together at all. I'm not saying he doesn't have it because I brought up an example of him doing it in the past.

no i took it into account. you just credited him and then you discredited him. He's the same GM but he managed his team in two different styles. one where he built around Wade, and secondly where he did it through a mass free agency coup. He took care of the rules, regulations, contracts - everything a GM has to do to get all three signed. And I'm sure he had to convince Lebron to be on board or else he would just have Wade and Bosh.

a GM manages his team, through the thin and thick of free agents, dearth of talent, and waiting for the right time to strike. This was considered the best off season any team could have considering the talent signed. Guess what: he won the executive of the year that year as well.

BklynKnicks3
04-01-2013, 06:48 PM
I dont think there are any heat haters just lebron haters. He is so easy to dislike. I never cared about heat until he got there now i root for any team to beat them

sep11ie
04-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Why people gotta be hating on the hater word?

Toxeryll
04-01-2013, 07:23 PM
go look at the standings idiot

amos1er
04-01-2013, 07:24 PM

Miami Home Record, 32-3
Miami Road Record 25-12

Case reopened

Wow...very nice breakdown. Of course ATX will not respond to any of this. He will just deceive naive posters by posting some raw statistics of Miami being 25-5 against the west, then when someone breaks it down scientifically and proves that he was using some "ninja stat techniques". He will not know what to do for sure.

amos1er
04-01-2013, 07:33 PM

Like I said...you will not be able to make a decent rebuttal to his last post. Why not just come out and admit you got schooled? Of course instead you have to use some lame dodging technique by pretending you are above the whole thing, when in reality you know you don't have a decent rebuttal for the question.

ATX
04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Like I said...you will not be able to make a decent rebuttal to his last post. Why not just come out and admit you got schooled? Of course instead you have to use some lame dodging technique by pretending you are above the whole thing, when in reality you know you don't have a decent rebuttal for the question.

LOL, What do I have to prove??

Should I break down the Lakers terrible season? Miami is a lock for the number 1 overall seed in the NBA. Yes better than all your elite West teams. They are 25-5 against the almighty West. They are the reigning Champions, went on the second longest winning streak in the HISTORY of team sports in North America, have the NBA's MVP and your Lakers are in 9th place, and currently OUT of the playoffs. You guys can be bitter and just waste everyones time discrediting a team on pace to win 64 games, rather than be worried about your Lakers and if they'll even make the playoffs, this year or even next. Kobe's time is over. It was a great run, and 5 titles are more than impressive for the team, but it's time to move on. Y'all are the ones looking foolish and spurned. The Heat are the best right now, regardless of whether your man enough to admit or not. Besides, nothing Illusionist types is worth a damn.

ryang
04-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Who cares. If the heat win it all again you guys will cry about something else.

ATX
04-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Besides it's the regular season, and Miami has proved the last three years that they are more than capable of "Flipping the switch" when it counts. Discrediting their BEST record in the NBA is as stupid as stupid gets. Go ahead and break down the Lakers schedule, wins/losses why don't you? My favorite part from that post that Illusionist of course just borrowed from another poster is that Miami, out of their 25 wins in the West is only 13 out of 25 versus teams below .500. That is as close to playing half your games above .500 and below .500 competition as you can get. So they have won 12 out of 25 games against .500 competition and won 13 out of 25 against lower competition. Is that supposed to discredit Miami somehow? They are now 12-5 against the West's playoff teams in their REGULAR SEASON...And if you think that by someone showing that Miaimi has a better record at home...Well NO ****! Go figure, they are better at home, what a revelation. You guys really showed me.

uptown0364
04-01-2013, 08:16 PM

So the Heat's record against people indicate how tough the conference is? If that's the case NY and Chicago both are going to beat the Heat in the Playoffs.

Evolution23
04-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Are you saying that since the Heat have a better record against Western teams, that the West is actually weaker than the East? So the Spurs, Grizzlies, Thunder, Clippers, and Nuggets are not as good as the Pacers, Knicks, Nets, and Celtics? If you really believe that, then idk what to tell you man.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Are you saying that since the Heat have a better record against Western teams, that the West is actually weaker than the East? So the Spurs, Grizzlies, Thunder, Clippers, and Nuggets are not as good as the Pacers, Knicks, Nets, and Celtics? If you really believe that, then idk what to tell you man.

no, Bron haters are reaching now. That is how it goes.

LBJackpot
04-01-2013, 09:16 PM
no, Bron haters are reaching now. That is how it goes.

Its ridiculous how far people go to discredit the Heat/LeBron. The reality is East or West, teams always give Miami there best shot because they are the returning champs, and because they are not very liked around the league (as evident by the amount of random comments from Ainge, Felton etc.)

Before Miami went on the streak the East was considered weak, after going on the streak, the East is all of the sudden the D league to people.