PDA

View Full Version : Is Westbrook really the problem?

nykobe24
03-30-2013, 06:03 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=9109709
This was a interesting article I found on ESPN and it talks about how skip doesn't trust Westbrook and Westbrook is stopping Durant. Just wanted to hear you guys opinion. Is Westbrook the problem or is it Scott brooks? Or other?

Note this isn't a bash thread so please don't bash Westbrook or anything. Just wanted to hear you guys opinion on this situation.

mdm692
03-30-2013, 06:52 PM
If they don't want him they can always trade for Dragic, Gortat and picks. :)

Carey
03-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Scott Brooks has peaked as a coach, we are a talented team that has progressed mostly because of indvidual improvements as opposed to diversity and progression in our schemes. This must change if we are gonna win a championship. Westbrook has his obvious faults but he's a terrific player who should have better guidance and coaching on the nuances of being a PG as well as how to maximize the effectiveness of the team as a whole. You can pretty much pencil in alot of one on ones, 15 to 20 shots a piece for Russ and KD while the others just fight for the scraps, its been that way for too long for Brooks to continue to get a pass for it.

dalton749
03-30-2013, 07:59 PM
durants the problem not westbrook

Dade County
03-30-2013, 09:30 PM
durants the problem not westbrook

Would you like to explain why you feel that way?

I really like what westbrook brings to the table, BUT there is no reason ever he should have more shoot attempts in a game then KD.

TheNumber37
03-30-2013, 10:02 PM
They should have traded him for CP3 when they had the chance.

dhopisthename
03-30-2013, 10:06 PM
I didn't realize the thunder has a problem

HYFR
03-30-2013, 10:14 PM
I didn't realize the thunder has a problem

Yea they don't have a problem really.

TrueFan420
03-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Edit: wrong thread

SugeKnight
03-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Lebron's the problem

xxplayerxx23
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Trading Harden was the problem :p. Nah I think there fine, Dont see them beating Miami if they both made it.

nykobe24
03-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Yea they don't have a problem really.
Yeah you're right. My bad. Should of said will Westbrook be the reason they don't win a championship. Or is Scott brooks the reason? But carey answered it for me. Thanks man.

seikou8
03-30-2013, 10:35 PM
durant said skip bayless knows nothing about basketball westbrook is topp 5 pg one of best all round players in the nba and yes sometimes he takes alot shots but he is not the problem durant should act like the scorer he is and stop trying to lebron james.

JEDean89
03-31-2013, 04:36 PM
I will say that OKC is getting a pretty good draft pick this year to Add to a beautiful core of young players. The Harden trade did not make them better immediately. When Perry Jones, Lamb and your 2 new draft picks become vets this team will be scary. Let us please not Lebronify Durant and Westbrook. They are the most exciting duo to be drafted by the same team in a long long time.

Burkey3472
03-31-2013, 04:55 PM
There problem is they just aren't better than the Heat at this time. Trade Westbrook for CP3 and I still don't think they'd beat them in the finals.

nykobe24
04-01-2013, 04:41 AM
There problem is they just aren't better than the Heat at this time. Trade Westbrook for CP3 and I still don't think they'd beat them in the finals.
That's debateable. Cp3 is arguably the best PG in the NBA. Idk about that man.

Im_in_Mia_bish
04-01-2013, 05:23 AM
lol skip bayless

ManRam
04-01-2013, 08:51 AM
to answer the question to this thread: no.

he CAN be a problem, but it's far less frequent than people try to make it out to be. people need get over the archaic definitions of "point guard". there is almost nothing offensively that's a problem for them. turnovers and to a lesser extent offensive rebounds would be just about it. their bench production is just a little off this year as well.

2-ONE-5
04-01-2013, 12:07 PM
if discussing if a top 10-15 player in the league on a top 3 team in the league is their problem then sign me up.

gwrighter
04-01-2013, 12:20 PM
The problem is they traded Harden.

Stinkyoutsider
04-01-2013, 01:28 PM
I think it's the coaching. It's not Durant and it's not Westbrook. Westbrook is holding no one back...

Durant seems like a team first guy who wants everyone to be involved and help the team win, while also knowing he's the best scorer on the team. I think Westbrook is the same but Westbrook has that special confidence about him. He knows he can dominate his guy so he goes all out at him.

Brooks and his staff have to change their styles and strategies I believe. I'm not sure if Westbrook has to shoot quite as much as he does, especially now since Kevin Martin is waiting to receive the ball and score.

I think it would be easier on the Westbrook and Durant critics if the team had a pass first point guard and moved Westbrook off the ball. I've noticed that Westbrook will sometimes just attack without thinking and because he's the primary ball handler, he gets to choose what he wants to do. Having someone else running the point will force Westbrook to work more within the confines of a scheme once the coaches can get the right one. Durant will see just as much or more of the ball and Westbrook will see less of the ball (scoring opportunities).

HouRealCoach
04-01-2013, 01:34 PM
If I were them I would have tried to find a PURE PG & move Westbrook to the SG, after that I would have traded Martin, TOR first for Al Jefferson

Alayla
04-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Lebron's the problem

This OKC doesn't HAVE a problem people are just ********.

Alayla
04-01-2013, 05:21 PM
to answer the question to this thread: no.

he CAN be a problem, but it's far less frequent than people try to make it out to be. people need get over the archaic definitions of "point guard". there is almost nothing offensively that's a problem for them. turnovers and to a lesser extent offensive rebounds would be just about it. their bench production is just a little off this year as well.

Yeah a top team can absolutely win a title with Westbrook.

Alayla
04-01-2013, 05:22 PM
If I were them I would have tried to find a PURE PG & move Westbrook to the SG, after that I would have traded Martin, TOR first for Al Jefferson

.....lol no.

Alayla
04-01-2013, 05:23 PM
if discussing if a top 10-15 player in the league on a top 3 team in the league is their problem then sign me up.

RIGHT? id kill to be able to call Westbrook a 'Problem'

Avenged
04-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Wish we had a problem like him on the Lakers.