PDA

View Full Version : When is the league gonna step in on the Rose situation?

Knick_Fever
03-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Just for the record, like everyone else I hope he doesn't return until he's 100%. My question is strictly based on the possibility of existing league-enforced penalties involving players/organizations who exceed a specific allotted timeframe from the point a player is medically cleared, to the point he actually returns. Is there such thing as a grace period for something like this? And if not, when will the league run out of patience and take action?

Sactown
03-29-2013, 09:29 PM
I think the Bulls have to make an issue of it first, and since the Bulls aren't a horrendous team it's not tanking.

xxplayerxx23
03-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Wait what? It's up to him wtf is the league going to do force him to play? He's not mentally ready can't do anything about it.

Knick_Fever
03-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Wait what? It's up to him wtf is the league going to do force him to play? He's not mentally ready can't do anything about it.

I understand but read it from a general context perspective. What if players start to abuse this "not mentally ready" reason for any injury? Is there some kind of control policy in place for this? Thats all Im asking because its something that can be taken advantage if there isnt any policy to control this behavior.

John Walls Era
03-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Superstars won't abuse the situation. They are losing opportunities on future endorsements just by not playing and thats just from the money aspect. Most of them are competitors.

king4day
03-29-2013, 10:11 PM
If he feels he's not ready, it's the teams problem, not the league. The Bulls have to worry about him since they're paying him. Bulls will be in the playoffs regardless and even if they were battling for a high lottery pick, they don't need to play him.

TeamSeattle
03-29-2013, 10:13 PM
This is America man its all about me me me, 4get the organization.

DallasTrilla23
03-29-2013, 10:34 PM
The league isn't stepping in...

You know how much ***** they would get if they stepped in and rose got injured again?

Stunner
03-29-2013, 10:39 PM
We aren't the Hornets so No

Aust
03-29-2013, 11:11 PM
**** the league. Let the guy play when he feels he's ready. He isn't a lazy shady character who is trying to suck money from his team and not earn it.

The league isn't stepping in...

You know how much ***** they would get if they stepped in and rose got injured again?

If the league put their nose where it didn't belong and forced me to play despite me not feeling 100% and I got injured again.... I would sue their ***** and let the media rip them apart

Tony_Starks
03-29-2013, 11:14 PM
I understand but read it from a general
context perspective. What if players start to abuse this "not mentally ready" reason for any injury? Is there some kind of control policy in place for this? Thats all Im asking because its something that can be taken advantage if there isnt any policy to control this behavior.

You can't make rules or policy like that. If he's not ready then he's simply not ready. Proposing some kind of "grace period" after a player has been cleared would be impossible, unethical, and probably illegal.

bucketss
03-30-2013, 12:26 AM
looks like the beginning of a law suit... seriously we don't know how he is mentally let the kid be.

Kyben36
03-30-2013, 12:58 AM
The league cant do anything unless the league thinks rose is being sat by the team to try to pay injury tax and save money, which the TEam has said he can play but he isnt ready so the league really cant touch us. as far as tanking being concerened we are still in the playoffs, its not as if we went from the best team in the elague to #1 draft pick type thing,

Sactown
03-30-2013, 01:20 AM
The league cant do anything unless the league thinks rose is being sat by the team to try to pay injury tax and save money, which the TEam has said he can play but he isnt ready so the league really cant touch us. as far as tanking being concerened we are still in the playoffs, its not as if we went from the best team in the elague to #1 draft pick type thing,

Once/IF (I highly doubt it) the Bulls want Rose to play and he refuses, the league will step in

Hellcrooner
03-30-2013, 02:09 AM
He doesnt want to come back an look awful for a while.

He wants to come back and pick up just where he left.

Whats wrong with it?

AI
03-30-2013, 03:13 AM
I know people heal differently, but Shumpert and Rose got injured at the same time, same injury yet Shumpert has been playing for months now. I have to question Rose's makeup if he's been medically cleared to play since a while back and still hasn't suited up for his team.

amos1er
03-30-2013, 03:43 AM
So the Bulls want him back at 100%. What is wrong with that. If I were the owner, I wouldn't want to risk him re-injuring himself.

utl768
03-30-2013, 12:13 PM
the league cant do anything unless the bulls make an issue out of it and thats not gonna happen with a star player like rose

utl768
03-30-2013, 12:14 PM
I know people heal differently, but Shumpert and Rose got injured at the same time, same injury yet Shumpert has been playing for months now. I have to question Rose's makeup if he's been medically cleared to play since a while back and still hasn't suited up for his team.

its mental with him

he really should be under the guidance of a sports psychologist because the fastest way to get reinjured is to harp on the previous issues

nycericanguy
03-30-2013, 12:20 PM
I get what the OP is saying, and it is interesting. He was cleared and deemed ready to play by docs nearly a month ago.

And yes, Shump has been playing for months now.

Healthy players that are deemed ready to play should be available for games... Rose is not making himself available yet he is continuing to get massive checks.

But as others have said, CHI won't make an issue of it so it's a moot point.

naps
03-30-2013, 12:37 PM
wtf are you talking about? He's just not ready according to himself. League can't do shyt! I don't think there's any rule and if there's any it just doesn't sound right.

I do think Rose has been a **** though. I don't get this "mentally healthy" thing for so long. If you are physically fit, you shouldn't take this long to be playing. God knows what he's thinking. Dude seems to be a strange one in the woods.

nycericanguy
03-30-2013, 12:43 PM
wtf are you talking about? He's just not ready according to himself. League can't do shyt! I don't think there's any rule and if there's any it just doesn't sound right.

I do think Rose has been a **** though. I don't get this "mentally healthy" thing for so long. If you are physically fit, you shouldn't take this long to be playing. God knows what he's thinking. Dude seems to be a strange one in the woods.

"According to himself"... that's the whole point. What if every NBA player could just say "ehh I don't feel I'm ready to play" even if all docs cleared him and said he was ready? Could that player just sit at home getting paid anyway? Imagine if Darko Milicic for instance did that? Rose has a good rep so no one will question it, but there are alot of players who would gladly sit at home and collect a paycheck.

TopsyTurvy
03-30-2013, 03:29 PM
The only people that will raise a stink about Rose's health are the insurers who will pay some 2/3's of Rose's salary if he doesn't play this season. They will be facing a legal battle with Rose, the Bulls organization, a slew of doctors and likely the entire NBA as a result. There's nothing to be said. If Rose doesn't play, he doesn't play.

The fact that anyone is questioning Rose's mental condition is the result of a successful PR campaign by the Bulls when they shot back at Rose's camp for his brother's comments. One doctor among a swarm of professionals clears Rose to play (actually recommends it) and suddenly Rose is at fault for not playing. The better part is the Bulls front office is keenly aware of more than just Rose's situation. They could use part of Rose's insured salary to offset the cost of amnestying Boozer if it appears there is an immediate benefit to do so, meaning they may have prefer Rose sits.

Jagged QT
03-30-2013, 03:57 PM
It's not a league issue, the guy came off a serious injury, he'll come back when he is ready.

kozelkid
03-30-2013, 04:20 PM

(A) Shump hasn't been close to his old self this season.
(B) There's a HUGE difference between a role player and your franchise player.

That said I do think it's taking longer than it should due to something going on between Rose's camp (Reggie Rose and BJ Armstrong) and the Bulls FO, but comparing Rose to Shump is silly for obvious reasons.

Knickerbocker34
03-30-2013, 04:54 PM
this is such a stupid thread..... Derrick Rose is a paid employee of the Chicago Bulls... their most valuable employee at that... Derrick Rose has all the leverage in the world to come back when hes ready.... hes not a slave to the NBA and dosnt have to answer to them when it comes to his own health.....

TheLegend
03-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Just for the record, like everyone else I hope he doesn't return until he's 100%. My question is strictly based on the possibility of existing league-enforced penalties involving players/organizations who exceed a specific allotted timeframe from the point a player is medically cleared, to the point he actually returns. Is there such thing as a grace period for something like this? And if not, when will the league run out of patience and take action?

The league has absolutely nothing to with the Derrick Rose situation. It's only an issue with the fans.

flclfanman
03-30-2013, 05:24 PM
After the Granger situation forcing Rose to play would be a grenade.

On the one hand, the league's popularity and revenue comes from star power so they have an interest in having Rose play

On the other hand, with the seasons' rash of injuries, if anything happened to Rose after the league's "input", Stern/Silver would be instantly villified (like that's hard to do now :laugh2:)

TheLegend
03-30-2013, 05:25 PM
I get what the OP is saying, and it is interesting. He was cleared and deemed ready to play by docs nearly a month ago.

And yes, Shump has been playing for months now.

Healthy players that are deemed ready to play should be available for games... Rose is not making himself available yet he is continuing to get massive checks.

But as others have said, CHI won't make an issue of it so it's a moot point.

Even if the Bulls made an issue of it, which would be an organization PR disaster for them, there's nothing the league can do.

sunsfan88
03-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Derrick Rose has yet to play since he signed that ridiculous contract with Adidas...he's supposedly "mentally" not ready...

Why do you b****es bash Bynum and Royce White for not playing when their not "mentally" ready but Rose gets a pass?