PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically Speaking: Bulls trade Noah for Harden and keep Asik

JordansBulls
03-28-2013, 11:52 AM
How good would these teams be now?

OKC
PG Westbrook
SG Thabo
SF Durant
PF Ibaka
C Noah

Bulls
PG Hinrich/Nate
SG Harden/Marco
SF Deng/Butler
PF Boozer/Taj
C Asik/Nazr

Where would both rank in the league? Would the Thunder be the top seed out West now? Would they be a bigger threat to Miami? Would the Bulls be the #2 seed in the East???

LAKobeBryant
03-28-2013, 11:58 AM
all your threads are "what ifs".....

Gators123
03-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Would Harden still be the #1 option when Rose returned?

Mr_Jones
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
These threads have no purpose..

:confused:

RealLiveBear
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
OKC 1st in west and CHI 2nd in East, Probably first when Rose returned.

ManningToTyree
03-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Both squads would be better. Gotta love JB threads.

The thought of Noah and Ibaka guarding the paint is frightening.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 12:14 PM
How good would these teams be now?

OKC
PG Westbrook
SG Thabo
SF Durant
PF Ibaka
C Noah

Bulls
PG Hinrich/Nate
SG Harden/Marco
SF Deng/Butler
PF Boozer/Taj
C Asik/Nazr

Where would both rank in the league? Would the Thunder be the top seed out West now? Would they be a bigger threat to Miami? Would the Bulls be the #2 seed in the East???

Both would improve.

TyrionLannister
03-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Even though this trade wouldn't happen unless the Thunder amnesty Perkins, in hindsight they both improve.

Stinkyoutsider
03-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Would have been a great move for both teams...

I don't think the Bulls were even entertaining moving Noah though but if they were, I think OKC would have taken the deal and amnestied Perkins.

I know just how important a player like Noah is to the team so I can understand hesitating and in hindsight, it seems like an unbelievable deal for both sides. Bulls could have pulled it off if they were willing to sign Harden to a big deal and get rid of Boozer's contract.

I guess the Bulls didn't see that Harden could have carried a team? With a guy like Harden who is unselfish and Rose who can be unselfish, that combination would have been a great combo. I think with those 2 and Asik producing like his in Houston, I think they could have really challenged Miami and maybe even beat them to get to the finals?

RollingWave
04-26-2013, 04:30 AM
it would be a great move but a very problematic one, money was a concern for both in their decision that ended up with Houston getting both Asik and Harden. Harden will make 13-15 going forward, the Bulls weren't even willing to pony up 8 for Asik. (who by the way, they still need to extend in this , though they would be less Noah's contract.)

Also, one should note that Harden's very ball dominant, SG is really just a description, he's really a PG in practice, just watch a Houston game, half the plays starts with him, when your responsible for most of the drive and kicks, your a freaking PG, position definition be damned. Lin gets the ball much less than him. they're both combo guards in practice, but Harden being the #1 combo option and Lin being the #2.

The problem of course, is that Rose is not going to be combo guard #2. Neither Harden or Lin plays too well off the ball, which has been a main issue in Houston this year, though they certainly got better as the year went on. it's still a work in progress. if they can really figure it out going forward that's going to be scary. But they also might not.

So in short, in the short term obviously that's a great trade for both, but the Asik / Harden decision had very strong long term consideration from all parties which was why it ended up that way.