PDA

View Full Version : Lebron thinks he's not getting enough foul calls

Pages : [1] 2 3

celtisox41
03-28-2013, 11:00 AM
http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-frontpage/lp/story/us/3146527/coke.bp%3B_ylt=AgwygxW9LydCMOzyFD_ux3Wx.tw4%3B_ylu =X3oDMTF1dXY0MjB2BGNwb3MDNDEEY3NlYwNtb2JpbGUtdGQEa W50bAN1cwRwa2cDaWQtMzE0NjUyNwRwb3MDNDEEc2xrA2ltYWd l?ref_w=frontdoors&view=today&.intl=us&.lang=en&.tsrc=yahoo

What a joke, he gets easily the most calls in the league and he has the nerve to complain

Nighthawk
03-28-2013, 11:03 AM
the heat LOST

the HEAT thread were suppose to STOP

Lebron gets fouled probably everytime down the court because he's a super human freight train nobody can stop. Be a man an take your bumps

ATX
03-28-2013, 11:11 AM
More LeBron hate threads

Joy

...Sarcasm

jsimms92
03-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Lebron is actually 6th in FTA this season soooooooo yeah i'd say he should probably get more calls considering how much he goes to the rim

CTCUBBIES
03-28-2013, 11:14 AM
I hate LeBron and rarely defend but this is not what he said. He was complaining about hard fouls - both of which he got the calls on.

If you want to make fun of him and Wade wonder why no reporter followed up by asking LeBron and Wade about Wade's recent history of "non-basketball" plays.

Max.This
03-28-2013, 11:16 AM
This league is soft now. Players don't even sweat anymore, thats how damn soft this league is now.

ChitownSports16
03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
^^ bron bron dont agree with that

LongIslandIcedZ
03-28-2013, 11:28 AM
He probably should get some more calls. He's pissed about the Heinrich and Gibson plays not getting flagrants and he did. I thought all of those calls were the right calls though.

ATX
03-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Why do people keep putting words in LeBrons mouth?

kntresistheheat
03-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Geez! I'm going to stop posting on the NBA forum because there are to many haters and ignorant people. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy when lebron hoist his second championship trophy by defending his title.

JiffyMix88
That Taj one was just him going for the ball but LeBron pulled it down and how can he argue with the hit he put on Boozer( even though Boozer didn't even get a bit fazed by it its still a non play on the basketball and you could see it in his eyes he was looking to hit someone back after the previous possession)? Lebron looked like a frustrated *** hole tonight.

Vinylman
what is really funny is that if ANY other player in the league did what he did to boozer last night there would be a lynch mob calling for his suspension...

he can argue all he wants about when he was fouled and whether they should have been flagrants... i personally don't think so...

but to act like his foul on boozer was a basketball move is a joke...

as for the Heat... everyone knows the only way to rattle them is to punk them... thats why a team with inferior talent (Boston) always gives them trouble

Tmath
03-28-2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

JiffyMix88
03-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Geez! I'm going to stop posting on the NBA forum because there are to many haters and ignorant people. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy when lebron hoist his second championship trophy by defending his title.

Stick to your words and look forward to hearing from you after that second title you guys already won and are waiting for.

ManRam
03-28-2013, 11:42 AM
name me a player in the NBA that doesn't think they don't get enough calls.

hint: they all think this

2-ONE-5
03-28-2013, 11:42 AM
when you are built like a truck and flop like a little ***** you dont deserve any calls

NYG+Braves
03-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Why do people keep putting words in LeBrons mouth?

Maybe they enjoy putting stuff in his mouth.

fadahway
03-28-2013, 11:43 AM
And they saying heatfans are riding d*%k! , of all those threads I would def say ignorant haters.

BigBlueCrew
03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Lebron needs to keep his mouth shut on this. He is the most pampered athlete in the NBA at the moment. Just congratulate the Bulls and move on to the next game. He doesnt know what tough play is all about in this era of the NBA.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-frontpage/lp/story/us/3146527/coke.bp%3B_ylt=AgwygxW9LydCMOzyFD_ux3Wx.tw4%3B_ylu =X3oDMTF1dXY0MjB2BGNwb3MDNDEEY3NlYwNtb2JpbGUtdGQEa W50bAN1cwRwa2cDaWQtMzE0NjUyNwRwb3MDNDEEc2xrA2ltYWd l?ref_w=frontdoors&view=today&.intl=us&.lang=en&.tsrc=yahoo

What a joke, he gets easily the most calls in the league and he has the nerve to complain

What a ****ing *** clown :facepalm:

Lo Porto
03-28-2013, 11:49 AM
LeBron doesn't get enough calls. If you compare the contact that MJ, Ginobli, Tony Parker, Durant, or other guys got to get to the line, Lebron does not get the same calls. Due to his size, he takes more contact without calls than a lot of other guys who are smaller but have the same quick speed.

The same thing happened for years between Shaq and Duncan. Shaq took a beating compared to Duncan. You could man handle Shaq but half as much would send Duncan to the line. Why? Because Shaq was just a bigger guy. Since LeBron is so big and fast, contact is allowed on him more than the smaller guy.

JiffyMix88
03-28-2013, 11:51 AM
LeBron doesn't get enough calls. If you compare the contact that MJ, Ginobli, Tony Parker, Durant, or other guys got to get to the line, Lebron does not get the same calls. Due to his size, he takes more contact without calls than a lot of other guys who are smaller but have the same quick speed.

The same thing happened for years between Shaq and Duncan. Shaq took a beating compared to Duncan. You could man handle Shaq but half as much would send Duncan to the line. Why? Because Shaq was just a bigger guy. Since LeBron is so big and fast, contact is allowed on him more than the smaller guy.

I'm so tired of hearing this though...Has he said this after any of them 27 wins? no....but the day the lose he has a problem...pathetic excuses if you ask me

JordansBulls
03-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Well he hardly gets fouls called on him either. So it works both ways.

nickdymez
03-28-2013, 11:58 AM
These same Heat fans in here getting mad are the same ones that come in and troll Kobe threads.

LAKobeBryant
03-28-2013, 11:59 AM
the heat LOST

the HEAT thread were suppose to STOP

Lebron gets fouled probably everytime down the court because he's a super human freight train nobody can stop. Be a man an take your bumps

Yeah, i know wtf every thread is about the heats smh

Oldmantrash
03-28-2013, 12:04 PM

Yes, he most likely will, but I think he comes off as a complainer here, they just won 27 in a row, and lost one game, just shut up, and deal with the one loss.

He is possibly the greatest talent of all time, but he is a winer.

He can win 20 titles, that's not going to make people that don't like him, like him.

ziglur
03-28-2013, 12:07 PM
This league is soft now. Players don't even sweat anymore, thats how damn soft this league is now.

You are right James is lucky he doesnt have to play against Rodman or the Detroit Pistons from the past. Rodman would have him so mad he would cry like a baby

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 12:15 PM
name me a player in the NBA that doesn't think they don't get enough calls.

hint: they all think this

Correct, but who in the league gets as many calls as Lebron?

nickdymez
03-28-2013, 12:18 PM

I've never seen someone make so many excuses for Lebron than ManRam..

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 12:23 PM
I've never seen someone make so many excuses for Lebron than ManRam..

lol yeah. I find it even funnier that he claims he's mostly a magic fan, everyone knows you're a Heat fan Manram, come out of the closet already!

nyballa1991
03-28-2013, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=Vinylman;25752867]what is really funny is that if ANY other player in the league did what he did to boozer last night there would be a lynch mob calling for his suspension...

This. If melo did that i can only imagine the hate he would get.

VendettaRed07
03-28-2013, 12:30 PM
You have to react then when people hit you. He moves so robotically when he gets hit he doesn't move and the hits bounce right off of him. I wouldn't call it flopping, but how is the ref gonna call it if it doesn't even look like you were hit hard.

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 12:31 PM
These same Heat fans in here getting mad are the same ones that come in and troll Kobe threads.

Lol. The same one who complains about people always bringing up kobe and trolling is the one mentioning him in this non related thread.

Stunner
03-28-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm so tired of hearing this though...Has he said this after any of them 27 wins? no....but the day the lose he has a problem...pathetic excuses if you ask me

This he never gives the other team credit mainly the Bulls . He was asked a question and he was like I don't like that question . He always crying when things don't go his way . Goes for Wade too . Lebron gets so many passes on the court when comes to traveling and what not . No tech when Lebron held the rim on Nates shot . When things doesn't go Bron's way he shows out afterward .

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 12:45 PM

Harden, Durant, Dwight, and Kobe go to the line more this season and westbrook at the same rate. Not saying Lebron doesn't get calls, but it isn't like he gets more than other stars (especially for his style).

That said once again we have a misleading title that the mods just let go, and a bunch of people troll because of it. Lebron said that he has fouls each game that are not basketball plays. Last night I think that the calls were mostly right but I agree with van gundy he shouldn't have gotten a flagrant. That said the nba is a bit weaker now so it's not like that was a bad call at all. Not defending what he said but lets at least bash him for his actual words.

KnickaBocka.44
03-28-2013, 12:45 PM
You have to react then when people hit you. He moves so robotically when he gets hit he doesn't move and the hits bounce right off of him. I wouldn't call it flopping, but how is the ref gonna call it if it doesn't even look like you were hit hard.

You are asking him to flop here. Where do you draw the line on the "reaction"? You are saying he should emphasize the contact and that IS flopping.

basch152
03-28-2013, 12:47 PM
The hinrich play was a charge...

Hinrich had his position established, and lebron ran through him...

And before people complain about it, it's a MYTH that you have to have your feet firmly planted to get a charging call, you just can't be moving TOWARDS the offensive player, other wise your feet moving is irrelevent.

KnickaBocka.44
03-28-2013, 12:49 PM
The hinrich play was a charge...

Hinrich had his position established, and lebron ran through him...

And before people complain about it, it's a MYTH that you have to have your feet firmly planted to get a charging call, you just can't be moving TOWARDS the offensive player, other wise your feet moving is irrelevent.

This is 100% wrong.

Stinkyoutsider
I can understand why James is frustrated but when you're bigger and more athletic than everyone else on the floor, you're not going to get all the calls you should be getting? How interesting would a game be seeing Lebron going to the line and putting up 25 FTAs every game? He's always going to get fouled and the refs need to be selective. But, this happens to more than just him. Happens to Howard too...

I think when Kirk got him early in the game with the bear hug, that could be considered a flagrant. But when he got hit by Gibson later in the game, that was a hard foul and not a flagrant. James landed weird and that made it look worse than it was.

I know James really wanted the history but he and the rest of the Heat should be proud of their accomplishment. Now, get the mind on the real focus which is to defend your title.

It was a tough loss but he shouldn't dwell on it because they have a great team and could have a chance to go on another winning streak. And this time, they might break LA's record?

robdesign13
As a star player he gets the benefit of a lot of calls hard or not, on defense or offense. There are plenty of times he gets calls for hand checks or no one even touching him, it balances out... on the other end, he mauls people going to the rim or getting rebounds, yet he only avgs 2-3PFs a game. C'mon, Bron.... you can't have it both ways. I think they're pretty fair about the way the officiate players like him.

Stunner
03-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Actually The Lebron play was an offensive foul , Lebron lowered his shoulder like he plays foot ball before Kirk even touched him . Kirk isn't that strong to pull h down that type of way without momentum going forward . Watch the play does it look like Lebron was performing a basketball movie ? He was trying to show him up cuz Kirk bumped him earlier

basch152
03-28-2013, 12:58 PM
This is 100% wrong.

No, no it is not.

I can quote many sources...

Hinrich call should have been an offensive foul, end of story. you can't run through people like that. And again, needing your feet planted is a Myth.

JiffyMix88
03-28-2013, 01:01 PM
This he never gives the other team credit mainly the Bulls . He was asked a question and he was like I don't like that question . He always crying when things don't go his way . Goes for Wade too . Lebron gets so many passes on the court when comes to traveling and what not . No tech when Lebron held the rim on Nates shot . When things doesn't go Bron's way he shows out afterward .

I actually started to like LeBron this year but after this game....lets just say I hope more teams give him 90s fouls like tonight

ghettosean
03-28-2013, 01:02 PM

Just to keep it simple THIS

Stunner
03-28-2013, 01:03 PM
I actually started to like LeBron this year but after this game....lets just say I hope more teams give him 90s fouls like tonight
Which always leads me to believe he couldn't hold up to playing in the 90's because he would be crying and mentally get messed up . Thought he was over that

JiffyMix88
03-28-2013, 01:03 PM
No, no it is not.

Hinrich call should have been an offensive foul, end of story. you can't run through people like that. And again, needing your feet planted is a Myth.

I'm a Bulls fan but you are wrong. If you look at it what else is LeBron to do if hes running to the open floor and dude in front just jumps to the side right in front of where you are running without even setting?

ghettosean
03-28-2013, 01:04 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

I wouldn't even be surprised if this was Jordans reaction to the comments... He had to deal with fouls like this his entire career against teams like the Bad Boy Pistons and the Knicks.... etc.

League is soft now and if Lebron played in MJ's era no way in hell he would be getting the stats he gets in todays SOFT league.

basch152
03-28-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm a Bulls fan but you are wrong. If you look at it what else is LeBron to do if hes running to the open floor and dude in front just jumps to the side right in front of where you are running without even setting?

Not charge through him is what the legal thing to do is.

Also, Hinrich is moving backwards the entire time... he starts to go to his right, but then lebron goes through him before he can even get there. It's a charge.

Sactown
03-28-2013, 01:10 PM

You're clearly a troll, he was talking about last nights game, and how the refs aloud the Bulls to make non basketball plays on him... Is he right? Maybe, Maybe not... It was clear that Chicago wanted to play physical with him to try to intimidate him.. It didn't work as he had a great game, but yes some of those fouls could of easily be flagrant fouls.

KnickaBocka.44
03-28-2013, 01:12 PM
No, no it is not.

Im not debating the call from last night. But you cannot be moving laterally and get a charge call. If you are moving, you have not established your position and therefore it is a block if you move into the way of a player going to the basket without having established position at the point of contact.

basch152
03-28-2013, 01:17 PM
nvm

sep11ie
03-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Ok Lebron, and I'm sure you only really commit just 1.5 fous per game yourself...

JiffyMix88
03-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Not charge through him is what the legal thing to do is.

Also, Hinrich is moving backwards the entire time... he starts to go to his right, but then lebron goes through him before he can even get there. It's a charge.

Im not debating the call from last night. But you cannot be moving laterally and get a charge call. If you are moving, you have not established your position and therefore it is a block if you move into the way of a player going to the basket without having established position at the point of contact.

This is what I was going to explain to you and the reason it looked so bad is because LeBron is 260ish and Kirk is 190ish. Kirk jumped in front and tried to plant before LeBron got there but he like many others can't fathom the speed LeBron was gifted with along with his size which is why Kirk went flying. Good intentions but as long as he's still moving it's a blocking foul no matter what LeBron did.

mdm692
03-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Lebron is actually 6th in FTA this season soooooooo yeah i'd say he should probably get more calls considering how much he goes to the rim

Doesn't he take more jumpshots now because he can actually hit them.

basch152
03-28-2013, 01:20 PM
This is what I was going to explain to you and the reason it looked so bad is because LeBron is 260ish and Kirk is 190ish. Kirk jumped in front and tried to plant before LeBron got there but he like many others can't fathom the speed LeBron was gifted with along with his size which is why Kirk went flying. Good intentions but as long as he's still moving it's a blocking foul no matter what LeBron did.

Again, false, and this is a myth.

You CAN be moving and take a charge, it just cannot be TOWARDS the offensive player.

numba1CHANGsta
03-28-2013, 01:28 PM
As Grandpa Simpson once said, "Bi tch, bi tch, bi tch"

KnickaBocka.44
03-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Again, false, and this is a myth.

You CAN be moving and take a charge, it just cannot be TOWARDS the offensive player.

No, you're incorrect. There is no scenario in which what you are saying is true.

WITZ
03-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Waaa lebron doesn't get enough foul calls , dude gets away with committing a lot of fouls on the defensive side just because he is lebron .

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Harden, Durant, Dwight, and Kobe go to the line more this season and westbrook at the same rate. Not saying Lebron doesn't get calls, but it isn't like he gets more than other stars (especially for his style).

That said once again we have a misleading title that the mods just let go, and a bunch of people troll because of it. Lebron said that he has fouls each game that are not basketball plays. Last night I think that the calls were mostly right but I agree with van gundy he shouldn't have gotten a flagrant. That said the nba is a bit weaker now so it's not like that was a bad call at all. Not defending what he said but lets at least bash him for his actual words.

Harden and Durant Maybe. Dwight only gets a lot of freethrows because he is hacked almost every time he beats someone down low(Imo, he doesn't get enough calls) Kobe gets calls due to his ability to draw them, he knows all the tricks being a 17 year vet and all. It's well known that Lebron is the most protected nba player.

KnickaBocka.44
A defensive player is permitted to establish a legal guarding position in the path of a dribbler regardless of his speed and distance.

A defensive player is not permitted to move into the path of an offensive play-er once he has started his shooting motion.

A defensive player must allow a moving player the distance to stop or change direction when the offensive player receives a pass outside the lower defensive box.

A defensive player must allow an alighted player the distance to land and then stop or change direction when the offensive player is outside the lower defensive box.

A defensive player is permitted to establish a legal guarding position in the path of an offensive player who receives a pass inside the lower defensive box regardless of his speed and distance.

A defensive player must allow an alighted player who receives a pass the space to land when the offensive player is inside the lower defensive box.

A defensive player must allow a moving offensive player without the ball the distance to stop or change direction.

The speed of the offensive player will determine the amount of distance a defensive player must allow.

If an offensive player causes contact with a defensive player who has estab-lished a legal position, an offensive foul shall be called and no points may be scored.

A defensive player may turn slightly to protect himself, but is never allowed to bend over and submarine an opponent.

An offensive foul should never be called if the contact is with a secondary defensive player who has established a defensive position within a designated "restricted area" near the basket for the purpose of drawing an offensive foul.

The "restricted area" for this purpose is the area bounded by an arc with a 4-foot radius measured from the middle of the basket.

EXCEPTION: Any player may be legally positioned within the "restricted area" if the offensive player receives the ball within the Lower Defensive Box.

The mere fact that contact occurs on these type of plays, or any other similar play, does not necessarily mean that a personal foul has been committed. The offi-cials must decide whether the contact is negligible and/or incidental, judging each situation separately.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c.html

ILLUSIONIST^248
Ok Lebron, and I'm sure you only really commit just 1.5 fous per game yourself...

Lol.

FraziersKnicks
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Durant certainly gets more calls than LeBron

Vikes_Fan04
03-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Good thing LeBron didn't play in the 80's. Imagine what Laimbeer or the other bad boy Pistons would of done.

BALLER R
03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
If they won he wouldn't of said anything. But with lebron the way you beat him is to frustrate the hell out of them. If I'm a team that faces them in the playoffs I would game plan for that. I'm not saying hurt him but you gotta give hard fouls. He hates it. If anything do it with one of your guys that not that important who can afford to get 6 fouls. just sure their 6 hard fouls. His whole career that's the one thing you can do to get to him. you have to be physical.

Stunner
03-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Awful writing only posted this because of the Lebron saying hard fouls don't effect him http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=truehoop&id=56135&src=desktop

ElChinoLatino
03-28-2013, 01:48 PM
I find it hilarious that every time LeBron opens his whinny little mouth, something bad happens to the Heat (bashing 70s Lakers 33 streak). What a little *****, take the loss as a man and move on.

Sadds The Gr8
03-28-2013, 01:48 PM
his complaining last night was a joke. what a crybaby

JiffyMix88
03-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Durant certainly gets more calls than LeBron

Durant also is much longer than LeBron and he actually knows how to work the whistle in his favor(like how Kevin Martin gets to line by just running one way like your gonna do a running jumper that way and just shoot your jumper while jumping back into them or the under the arms pull up jumper). Point is someone is going to lead the league and Kevin Durant gets the same call LeBron does but he's just better at getting to the line, hence leading the league in fta.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 01:52 PM
1- more words being put in LeBron's mouth here
2- just like Shaq before, him, and Michael before him, he will take hard hits, needs to show restraint, which he does, and needs to deal with it, which he does.
3- anyone who doesn't think players foul LeBron much differently than they foul most other players is being ridiculous. To stop someone with that strength, you have to hammer him. Every now and then, that player will say something. Wilt, KAJ, Moses, MJ, Shaq, all of them the same. Every now and then, they speak up.

KnickaBocka.44
03-28-2013, 02:02 PM
2- just like Shaq before, him, and Michael before him, he will take hard hits, needs to show restraint, which he does, and needs to deal with it, which he does.
3- anyone who doesn't think players foul LeBron much differently than they foul most other players is being ridiculous. To stop someone with that strength, you have to hammer him. Every now and then, that player will say something. Wilt, KAJ, Moses, MJ, Shaq, all of them the same. Every now and then, they speak up.

I agree with all of this, but the timing of his comments are what turn people off. Like, you just lost for the first time in 28 games and you're going to complain about calls?

Vinylman
03-28-2013, 02:14 PM
If they won he wouldn't of said anything. But with lebron the way you beat him is to frustrate the hell out of them. If I'm a team that faces them in the playoffs I would game plan for that. I'm not saying hurt him but you gotta give hard fouls. He hates it. If anything do it with one of your guys that not that important who can afford to get 6 fouls. just sure their 6 hard fouls. His whole career that's the one thing you can do to get to him. you have to be physical.

yep...

enter tyler hansborough if they meet the Pacers

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 02:22 PM

Don't you dare compare the hits MJ took to the ones Lebron receives. Lebron never ever got knocked on his *** like MJ did, they beat MJ down.

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Harden and Durant Maybe. Dwight only gets a lot of freethrows because he is hacked almost every time he beats someone down low(Imo, he doesn't get enough calls) Kobe gets calls due to his ability to draw them, he knows all the tricks being a 17 year vet and all. It's well known that Lebron is the most protected nba player.

To the people that dislike him. For everyone else they realize that star players get the calls, and some get just as many or more than lebron. We can disagree all day but the point remains that those players get to the line more. Kobe doesn't attack nearly as often and harden and durant each average like 2 more ft per game. You can justify it however you want but stars get calls, that's just how it is. Dwight is easily the most fouled played in the nba, no argument there.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 02:32 PM
To the people that dislike him. For everyone else they realize that star players get the calls, and some get just as many or more than lebron. We can disagree all day but the point remains that those players get to the line more. Kobe doesn't attack nearly as often and harden and durant each average like 2 more ft per game. You can justify it however you want but stars get calls, that's just how it is. Dwight is easily the most fouled played in the nba, no argument there.

Yes, all star players do get calls. Some just get more than others. Harden gets a lot of calls because he is basically 50 percent of their offense. Lebron for having such a stacked team to help him out of offense gets more than a fair amount of calls. He also gets away with a lot of offensive and defensive fouls too.

shep33
03-28-2013, 02:40 PM
I agree with LeBron here. Being an LAL fan, I've seen it with Shaq for years. Dwight goes through the same thing sometimes, not as crazy as Shaq though.

It doesn't happen as nearly as much as with the Shaq paradigm, but it does happen with LBJ. He's so strong so people just try to take him down. With Shaq you had guys literally jumping on him and pulling on his arms with full force.

JoeBlessU
03-28-2013, 02:42 PM

Did Lebron not go 6 straight games this season without getting 1 foul called against him? and 9 games with only 2 fouls called against? If you can show me another superstar in the league with that few fouls against I would love to see it. Heat fans will ridiculousy arugue he is such a defensive perfectionist that he doesnt deserved to be called for fouls but that is bs. He drives so hard and never gets charging calls.. ever. The nba may give preferetial treatment to stars but they roll out the red carpet for lebron.

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Yes, all star players do get calls. Some just get more than others. Harden gets a lot of calls because he is basically 50 percent of their offense. Lebron for having such a stacked team to help him out of offense gets more than a fair amount of calls. He also gets away with a lot of offensive and defensive fouls too.

I think Lebron gets hit a lot more than people make it seem because of how big he is (Melo is very similar in this regard). I just don't think it is fair to single out lebron for getting special treatment when he gets no better treatment than other stars for the most part. Yes he does get away with some defensive fouls, but he is also an elite defender who knows how to avoid them as well. You might say this doesn't matter but a lot of other defenders get the benefit of the doubt because of their defensive skill. That said last night he had a clear foul that I remember them not calling and it does happen a bit more than it should.

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Did Lebron not go 6 straight games this season without getting 1 foul called against him? and 9 games with only 2 fouls called against? If you can show me another superstar in the league with that few fouls against I would love to see it. Heat fans will ridiculousy arugue he is such a defensive perfectionist that he doesnt deserved to be called for fouls but that is bs. He drives so hard and never gets charging calls.. ever. The nba may give preferetial treatment to stars but they roll out the red carpet for lebron.

I think he gets away with some defensive fouls, yes. Like I said in my other post part of this comes with being an elite defender. He does get away with it a little too often though I agree. If you want to call him out please show me all of the fouls he actually did commit during that streak. I would love to see how many the refs missed in that time. Like I said you can single out lebron because you dislike him but harden, durant, westbrook, and kobe all get the same amount of foul calls or more and not all of them attack as much as lebron.

FraziersKnicks
03-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Durant also is much longer than LeBron and he actually knows how to work the whistle in his favor(like how Kevin Martin gets to line by just running one way like your gonna do a running jumper that way and just shoot your jumper while jumping back into them or the under the arms pull up jumper). Point is someone is going to lead the league and Kevin Durant gets the same call LeBron does but he's just better at getting to the line, hence leading the league in fta.

Durant is also a hell of a lot weaker and flimsier then LeBron. A hit that would hardly move LeBron often sends Durant sprawling to the ground, which would lead to a lot more calls.

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 02:55 PM
I agree with LeBron here. Being an LAL fan, I've seen it with Shaq for years. Dwight goes through the same thing sometimes, not as crazy as Shaq though.

It doesn't happen as nearly as much as with the Shaq paradigm, but it does happen with LBJ. He's so strong so people just try to take him down. With Shaq you had guys literally jumping on him and pulling on his arms with full force.

Agreed, it does happen to Lebron. Not nearly as much as dwight and especially shaq had/have to deal with it though. I believe they have all complained about it at one point or another.

JoeBlessU
03-28-2013, 03:00 PM
I think he gets away with some defensive fouls, yes. Like I said in my other post part of this comes with being an elite defender. He does get away with it a little too often though I agree. If you want to call him out please show me all of the fouls he actually did commit during that streak. I would love to see how many the refs missed in that time. Like I said you can single out lebron because you dislike him but harden, durant, westbrook, and kobe all get the same amount of foul calls or more and not all of them attack as much as lebron.

Well im not going to sit here and compile a video but I just gave you a very telling statistic that numerically shows how much preferential treatment he receives. During that streak of 6 games Kobe had 25 called against him..so in 300 min of play lebron had 0 calls against him, the next fewest in that span among NBA star players was Kobe bryant at 25 fouls against LOL.. but ya your right lebron gets the same treatment haha.. rubes...

Slug3
03-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Well im not going to sit here and compile a video but I just gave you a very telling statistic that numerically shows how much preferential treatment he receives. During that streak of 6 games Kobe had 25 called against him..so in 300 min of play lebron had 0 calls against him, the next fewest in that span among NBA star players was Kobe bryant at 25 fouls against LOL.. but ya your right lebron gets the same treatment haha.. rubes...

At this point in their careers though Lebron is at his peak and in top shape and can pretty much guard almost anyone. Kobe has lost a bis step and is a lot slower. you cant really compare these 2 at all.

KnickaBocka.44
03-28-2013, 03:13 PM
At this point in their careers though Lebron is at his peak and in top shape and can pretty much guard almost anyone. Kobe has lost a bis step and is a lot slower. you cant really compare these 2 at all.

He isnt comparing them. He is simply providing an anecdote that shows how much preferential treatment Lebron gets. Lebron gets called for no fouls in the same period of time that Kobe picks up 25. There isnt any excuse for that kind of skewed stat.

ghettosean
03-28-2013, 03:15 PM

I think you comparing hard hits Lebron James takes vs what Michael Jordan took are completely seperate. Jordan played in a mans league and the beats Lebron took is just another day in the park for MJ dude used to take abuse like that times 5 on a regular basis and have entire teams swarming him to try and get the ball off by playing very hard and very physical.

If Lebron were to play in Jordans time there is no chance he would come even remotely close to getting the stats he does in todays soft NBA. He might be a Scottie Pippen or slightly better.

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 03:16 PM

I admitted he doesn't get called as much as he should on defense. What you provided is a completely empty statistic with no sort of proof he actually was committing fouls. Also that is a very small sample size, but I admit he probably committed a couple fouls (until you can show me how many there is no real point in arguing how many he committed). Kobe at age 34 is getting to the line more than lebron and averages .7 more fouls per game only. Durant averages .3 fouls per game more only while getting to the line more. Do I think being an elite defender who is known for avoiding fouls can make a .3 or .7 difference per game? Yes, but then again you have admitted your feelings toward lebron so I understand...

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Not getting enough calls!!!???

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WTF!!

The guy has the biggest red carpet rolled out for him in the history of the NBA...OMG geez SMH

The only guy I've seen get more calls would be Wade in the 2006 finals.

I really don't know how this guy would need more calls than he already gets...If you give a mouse a cookie I guess.

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Free throw disparity INCREASE in favor of Lebron's teams in the playoffs

In 2008-2009 = The free throw disparity between the Cavs and their opponents in the playoffs increased over 300% in the Cavs Favor compared to the regular season

In 2009-2010 = The free throw disparity between the Cavs and their opponents in the playoffs increased over 67% in the Cavs Favor compared to the regular season

In 2010-2011 = The free throw disparity between the Heat and their opponents in the playoffs increased 340% in the Heat's Favor compared to the regular season

How much more obvious can you get???

Slug3
03-28-2013, 03:20 PM

WTF!!

The guy has the biggest red carpet rolled out for him in the history of the NBA...OMG geez SMH

I really don't know how this guy would need more calls than he already gets...If you give a mouse a cookie I guess.

Are you going to actually read the article or just read what the title says? They are two different things. He is not saying he doesn't get enough calls, he is upset with the hard fouls he is receiving.

But honestly what does he expect? He is pretty much the best player in the league and people are going to gun for you. It just happens. But really he shouldn't say this now and then a few weeks ago say its ok when it was happening cause he use to play football. cant have it both ways.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 03:23 PM
I think Lebron gets hit a lot more than people make it seem because of how big he is (Melo is very similar in this regard). I just don't think it is fair to single out lebron for getting special treatment when he gets no better treatment than other stars for the most part. Yes he does get away with some defensive fouls, but he is also an elite defender who knows how to avoid them as well. You might say this doesn't matter but a lot of other defenders get the benefit of the doubt because of their defensive skill. That said last night he had a clear foul that I remember them not calling and it does happen a bit more than it should.

Lebron gets more fouls called for him than not. The player you are describing is Dwight. The man gets raped down low, but because he's so much bigger than his opponents the refs hold their whistle, totally unfair to him.

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 03:23 PM
He isnt comparing them. He is simply providing an anecdote that shows how much preferential treatment Lebron gets. Lebron gets called for no fouls in the same period of time that Kobe picks up 25. There isnt any excuse for that kind of skewed stat.

In the same amount of time looking at what? The games kobe recieved the most fouls this year?

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:24 PM
For those of you who say that Lebron goes to the hole more and thats why he gets so many calls...Take a look at some of these numbers from 2011...

Regular Season Stats

James: 69% jumpshots - 8.6 FTA per game
Wade: 61% jumpshots - 8.4 FTA per game
Bosh: 71% jumpshots - 6.1 FTA per game

Kobe: 85% jumpshots - 7.1 FTA per game
Rose: 69% jumpshots - 6.9 FTA per game
Durant: 87% jumpshots - 8.7 FTA per game

Guess it's not so fair when you break it down. Unless your Lebron and Durant that is. Funny how you can always tell which star the NBA is trying to hype up year by year based on the calls they get. This year it's Harden for sure. And as always, Lebron, Durant, and Wade are getting their usual, only Lebron isn't getting quite as much as he did in years past when the NBA was really trying to hype him up, so he is complaining like a little girl. The NBA just probably figures that they helped him out enough when he needed it, and that he should be good enough by now not to have to have his hand held by getting all those calls...guess they were wrong. Lebron needs his training wheels back on.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 03:24 PM
I think you comparing hard hits Lebron James takes vs what Michael Jordan took are completely seperate. Jordan played in a mans league and the beats Lebron took is just another day in the park for MJ dude used to take abuse like that times 5 on a regular basis and have entire teams swarming him to try and get the ball off by playing very hard and very physical.

If Lebron were to play in Jordans time there is no chance he would come even remotely close to getting the stats he does in todays soft NBA. He might be a Scottie Pippen or slightly better.

Solid post!

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Free throw disparity INCREASE in favor of Lebron's teams in the playoffs

In 2008-2009 = The free throw disparity between the Cavs and their opponents in the playoffs increased over 300% in the Cavs Favor compared to the regular season

In 2009-2010 = The free throw disparity between the Cavs and their opponents in the playoffs increased over 67% in the Cavs Favor compared to the regular season

In 2010-2011 = The free throw disparity between the Heat and their opponents in the playoffs increased 340% in the Heat's Favor compared to the regular season

How much more obvious can you get???

^

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Lebron gets more fouls called for him than not. The player you are describing is Dwight. The man gets raped down low, but because he's so much bigger than his opponents the refs hold their whistle, totally unfair to him.

I mentioned it happens to dwight more often in a previous post. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen to any other player though. It is the same type of idea though, it is because of their size.

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 03:27 PM

WTF!!

Once again not reading the article I see. With how often you use links and the media to back up your opinion I would think you understand the idea of actually reading the content inside.

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SpBM8dB4k

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0n5MgLEE38

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Once again not reading the article I see. With how often you use links and the media to back up your opinion I would think you understand the idea of actually reading the content inside.

I don't care what the article says...Lebron should be the last person on earth to critique an NBA official. He gets more help than anyone in the history of the NBA aside from Wade in the 2006 finals. If he gets one bad flagrant call here and there, than too ****ing bad...he get more than anyone could possibly ask for. Watching how much the refs and this league baby him is the number one reason why I can't stand him...and for him to have any sort of complaint about officiating is just a complete joke.

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:34 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/19374109/in-a-game-full-of-5050-calls-lebrons-winning-100-percent-of-the-time

JoeBlessU
03-28-2013, 03:34 PM
For those of you who say that Lebron goes to the hole more and thats why he gets so many calls...Take a look at some of these numbers from 2011...

Regular Season Stats

Guess it's not so fair when you break it down. Unless your Lebron and Durant that is. Funny how you can always tell which star the NBA is trying to hype up year by year based on the calls they get. This year it's Harden for sure. And as always, Lebron, Durant, and Wade are getting their usual, only Lebron isn't getting quite as much as he did in years past when the NBA was really trying to hype him up, so he is complaining like a little girl. The NBA just probably figures that they helped him out enough when he needed it, and that he should be good enough by now not to have to have his hand held by getting all those calls...guess they were wrong. Lebron needs his training wheels back on.

You can throw telling stats at heat and Lebron Lovers all day and it really doesnt matter, they will always make up a stupid excuse for him.. Bunch of apologists for a coddled superstar who is way too into himself. You cant arugue statistics and they all point to Lebron being given a optimal chance to win games by the NBA officails.

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:38 PM
What about that stretch of like 10 games this season when the refs didn't call a single foul on him setting an NBA record. Didn't hear him complaining then. lol

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:43 PM
You can throw telling stats at heat and Lebron Lovers all day and it really doesnt matter, they will always make up a stupid excuse for him.. Bunch of apologists for a coddled superstar who is way too into himself. You cant arugue statistics and they all point to Lebron being given a optimal chance to win games by the NBA officails.

Yup, they are mostly sheep manipulated by David Stern, Nike, Gatorade, and ESPN. Mostly all of them are either Kobe haters, Laker haters, or both. Pure marketing genius on Stern's part. He found a way to attract a new fan base that he wasn't getting back during the early 2000's when the Lakers were winning. There were a ton of fans that watched just to see the Lakers lose...now those are the same people that are "Heat" fans all of the sudden...funny how they all used to be Cavs fans a few years back. Stern gave all those haters a hero to watch and therefore a reason to watch the game. Lebron is the most manufactured superstar in NBA history...of course all these apologist haters are going to defend him no matter how obvious the BS is.

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 03:44 PM
I don't care what the article says...Lebron should be the last person on earth to critique an NBA official. He gets more help than anyone in the history of the NBA aside from Wade in the 2006 finals. If he gets one bad flagrant call here and there, than too ****ing bad...he get more than anyone could possibly ask for. Watching how much the refs and this league baby him is the number one reason why I can't stand him...and for him to have any sort of complaint about officiating is just a complete joke.

I know, you just see a chance to put whatever words you want into his mouth and then bash away. No worries, your not the only one and every star has people who are just looking to discredit them.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 03:44 PM

Wow I forgot about this game.

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:46 PM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith2_090406.html

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:49 PM
http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2009/4/8/1216669/lebron-gets-all-the-calls-literally

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:50 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-hasn-t-whistled-foul-two-weeks-160100036--nba.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

chipurmunki
03-28-2013, 03:50 PM
the king is a joke... the nba is becoming a baby league. it's a good thing he doesn't play in the nfl... we'd never be rid of his incessant whining and *****ing.

amos1er
03-28-2013, 03:54 PM
I know, you just see a chance to put whatever words you want into his mouth and then bash away. No worries, your not the only one and every star has people who are just looking to discredit them.

lol Leborn has more hype than any other athlete in sports history. He was called the chosen one and the king coming out of high school even though he didn't win **** for 9 seasons. There are much more people out there overhyping him than there are discrediting him. Kobe has waaay more haters and much more accomplishments...you don't see all the Laker fans crying a river the way you do with the Lebron nutthuggers.

Slug3
03-28-2013, 03:56 PM
lol Leborn has more hype than any other athlete in sports history. He was called the chosen one and the king coming out of high school even though he didn't win **** for 9 seasons. There are much more people out there overhyping him than there are discrediting him. Kobe has waaay more haters and much more accomplishments...you don't see all the Laker fans crying a river the way you do with the Lebron nutthuggers.

Some Laker fans cry all the time if the dont say how great Kobe is. Also he doesn't have much more accomplishments than Lebron. He does have 4 more rings, but as for anything else he doesn't have much.

amos1er
03-28-2013, 04:01 PM
the king is a joke... the nba is becoming a baby league. it's a good thing he doesn't play in the nfl... we'd never be rid of his incessant whining and *****ing.

Yup...He is like a spoiled child who's daddy finally told him no...and it wasn't even on that important of an issue. So the babby didn't break the 72 Lakers winning streak...I'm sure Stern will make sure his boys take care of things in the playoffs for him like they always do regardless. Lebron had the easiest stretch of games with the strongest team imaginable, if he can't beat a Bulls team with no Rose, Noah, or Belinelli even with his superteam, than he deserved to lose. Making excuses after all that is just a ***** move. Stern set him up to conquer the world...there are many other elite superstars throughout NBA history that would have killed to have that much help. It's like a spoiled child who complains because his daddy only gave him 5 million dollars to start a business instead of 10 million. Pathetic.

JoeBlessU
03-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Some Laker fans cry all the time if the dont say how great Kobe is. Also he doesn't have much more accomplishments than Lebron. He does have 4 more rings, but as for anything else he doesn't have much.

LOL.. That was good, you really made me laugh there... He only has 4 more rings haha and not much more than that haa.. Oh god you guys are too funny. This has gone too far. Lebron is Pu..ssay and you dont need any stats to know that is a fact. Peace out.

amos1er
03-28-2013, 04:04 PM

Oh no, there go the Lebron fans overhyping the media chosen regular season MVP award again. Or maybe you are referring to the Hollinger stats that so many Lebronites hold so dear to their hearts. lol Last I checked, they didn't use Hollinger stats for credentials in getting in the basketball hall of fame. Can't wait until this league starts testing for PED's and Lebron's numbers take a crap all of the sudden mysteriously. I wonder what the excuses will be like then?

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Don't you dare compare the hits MJ took to the ones Lebron receives. Lebron never ever got knocked on his *** like MJ did, they beat MJ down.

I never said that. Putting the game in context is important. If they still allowed the same contact now as they did then, LeBron would be taking those hits, and have a different frame of reference on what "dirty" or a "non basketball" play is. But don't blame him for being in the league he is in.

And seriously, people don't think LeBron would be just fine 20 years ago? It would be a simple change of perspective. Nowadays you also aren't allowed to punch a guy in the face when he gets rough with you. Pretty sure Shaq or LeBron would love to have that defensive mechanism at their disposal...

Lakers Ghost
03-28-2013, 04:19 PM
LOL.. That was good, you really made me laugh there... He only has 4 more rings haha and not much more than that haa.. Oh god you guys are too funny. This has gone too far. Lebron is Pu..ssay and you dont need any stats to know that is a fact. Peace out.

:hi5::hi5:

--23--
03-28-2013, 04:22 PM
:shrug: That Hinrich foul wasn't even that bad to complain about.

GiantsSwaGG
03-28-2013, 04:24 PM
What a surprise, Bron crying like a little ***** when he flops more than any superstar in the league and gets calls his way 99% of the time!

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 04:25 PM

And as I said before, you need to understand players adjust to the rules they play under, and you will NEVER have players stop whining. MJ would complain today the same amount he did back then. If LeBron was put in 1990, and that was the league he walked into, he would have adjusted accordingly.

Again, does anyone actually think putting LeBron in a league that was more relaxed against calling physicality wouldn't actually HELP him dominate more? Imagine if he could just arm bar you on defense, and just plow through you at any time, instead of the rules he has to play with.

It goes both ways guys. Players who take hits are going to complain, even if those hits are simply relevant to the time period/rules they play in.

Lakers Ghost
03-28-2013, 04:26 PM
I mentioned it happens to dwight more often in a previous post. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen to any other player though. It is the same type of idea though, it is because of their size.

most of the fouls howard gets are from teams using the hack a howard strategy.it happens alot every games specially in close games which it is almost everygame this season. ;)

NYJ - NYY
03-28-2013, 04:30 PM
dudes can say whatever they want... but theres two things you cant argue... hes the best player in the league and you would want him on your team

Lakers Ghost
03-28-2013, 04:31 PM
:shrug: That Hinrich foul wasn't even that bad to complain about.

James was the one who tackle hinrich down, all hinirch did was wrap him around to prevent the dunk. tacking a player down should be an offensive foul.

Lakers Ghost
03-28-2013, 04:32 PM
dudes can say whatever they want... but theres two things you cant argue... hes the best player in the league and you would want him on your team

I dont I hate him!!!!!!!!!

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Oh no, there go the Lebron fans overhyping the media chosen regular season MVP award again. Or maybe you are referring to the Hollinger stats that so many Lebronites hold so dear to their hearts. lol Last I checked, they didn't use Hollinger stats for credentials in getting in the basketball hall of fame. Can't wait until this league starts testing for PED's and Lebron's numbers take a crap all of the sudden mysteriously. I wonder what the excuses will be like then?
The mvp award is a ****ing joke.

CityofTreez
03-28-2013, 04:34 PM
It's not like he's a great FT shooter anyways.

This is probably a good thing LeBron...

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 04:34 PM
I never said that. Putting the game in context is important. If they still allowed the same contact now as they did then, LeBron would be taking those hits, and have a different frame of reference on what "dirty" or a "non basketball" play is. But don't blame him for being in the league he is in.

And seriously, people don't think LeBron would be just fine 20 years ago? It would be a simple change of perspective. Nowadays you also aren't allowed to punch a guy in the face when he gets rough with you. Pretty sure Shaq or LeBron would love to have that defensive mechanism at their disposal...

Lebron would def. hang 20 years ago, His stats would take a hit though. Lebron is not a tough guy or a badass, I can't see him throwing a punch.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 04:35 PM

I spit at the idea of Lebron on the Lakers.

NYJ - NYY
I dont I hate him!!!!!!!!!

hate him all you want... doesnt mean hes not the best in the league... u may not want him on your team but i mean how many allstar/HOF's can you have on one team to be an 8th seed

CityofTreez
most of the fouls howard gets are from teams using the hack a howard strategy.it happens alot every games specially in close games which it is almost everygame this season. ;)

Yeah, and a strategy to beat the Lakers. It works...

FraziersKnicks
03-28-2013, 04:37 PM
:laugh2: amos1er so mad

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 04:50 PM

Mad about what? He's owning the debate here.

justinnum1
03-28-2013, 04:51 PM

Says the other lebron hater LOL

bucketss
03-28-2013, 04:52 PM
hate him all you want... doesnt mean hes not the best in the league... u may not want him on your team but i mean how many allstar/HOF's can you have on one team to be an 8th seed

don't mind him kobe fans don't have a team, they cheer for LA because kobe plays for them. and having lebron on the lakers is a big no no for them.

NJBASEBALL22
03-28-2013, 04:53 PM
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c.html

I don't think it was a charge, but it could've been an offensive foul as a push off or something. You cannot drop your should and run through someone. The reason I say it is not a charge is b/c Lebron wasn't in his shooting motion yet. He gathered the ball at the three point line and makes contact before the free throw line... what kind of layup was that going to be.

bucketss
Says the other lebron hater LOL

illusionist cosigning as usual lol

NJBASEBALL22
I think they got all of the calls right.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Lebron would def. hang 20 years ago, His stats would take a hit though. Lebron is not a tough guy or a badass, I can't see him throwing a punch.

Don't need to throw a punch, I simply said it was available.

Look, I know you, and many here go out of their way to discredit LeBron, and I get it. But there is no way a 6'8", 270+ lb SF with PG handles who has been impervious to injury doesn't translate just fine, and dominate completely 20-30 years ago.

And we have no idea who the "badasses" are now. We have plenty of pretend tough guys, but nobody knows who the real tough guys are until you allow them to you know, be tough, and knock a ****er out.

The only version of tough nowadays are guys who constantly get fouled and don't miss games. LeBron qualifies as this, easily.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 04:55 PM

he has never owned a debate regarding Lebron in his life dude. Cmon.

CityofTreez
03-28-2013, 04:59 PM

Look, I know you, and many here go out of their way to discredit LeBron, and I get it. But there is no way a 6'8", 270+ lb SF with PG handles who has been impervious to injury doesn't translate just fine, and dominate completely 20-30 years ago.

And we have no idea who the "badasses" are now. We have plenty of pretend tough guys, but nobody knows who the real tough guys are until you allow them to you know, be tough, and knock a ****er out.

The only version of tough nowadays are guys who constantly get fouled and don't miss games. LeBron qualifies as this, easily.

When was the 3pt line introduced?

If he was playing in those years, you can make a case he'd be even better (than presently) since that takes away some of his aggressiveness in the lane/key.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 04:59 PM
illusionist cosigning as usual lol

Says the cosigner of all Lebron dick riding :laugh2:

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 05:02 PM

I'm sure he would hold his own. You can't say that he would be healthy his whole career if he played back then, no one knows. Do you believe that Lebrons stats would look the same in that era with teams being able to play real defense?

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 05:04 PM
When was the 3pt line introduced?

If he was playing in those years, you can make a case he'd be even better (than presently) since that takes away some of his aggressiveness in the lane/key.

wayyyyyyyyyyy before the 80's90's buddy. Try again!

CityofTreez
03-28-2013, 05:07 PM
wayyyyyyyyyyy before the 80's90's buddy. Try again!

I'm lazy, I don't want to look it up :nod:

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm sure he would hold his own. You can't say that he would be healthy his whole career if he played back then, no one knows. Do you believe that Lebrons stats would look the same in that era with teams being able to play real defense?

The defense is better now, so yeah, his numbers would be just as good, if not better. Remember, LeBron would be allowed to touch back, and use his strength, instead of having to act like a bull in a china shop at times.

Slug3
03-28-2013, 05:10 PM

Seriously what other items can you go off of then? You basically are stating that its rings that matter and that's it. But then you want to talk about him having more accomplishments but then don't name anything. Then want to claim he is on Roids with no evidence. You literally just state crap and don't try to back it up except call Lebron a baby and state he sucks. But again, no facts to back up what you are stating.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Seriously what other items can you go off of then? You basically are stating that its rings that matter and that's it. But then you want to talk about him having more accomplishments but then don't name anything. Then want to claim he is on Roids with no evidence. You literally just state crap and don't try to back it up except call Lebron a baby and state he sucks. But again, no facts to back up what you are stating.

do what many do, and quit responding dude. Life is easier that way.

CityofTreez
03-28-2013, 05:16 PM
I forgot that poster's theory on LeBron taking Roids. :laugh2:

Jesse2272
03-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Ive been :laugh: to the OP title since I read it for 30 minutes...

Slug3
03-28-2013, 05:31 PM
do what many do, and quit responding dude. Life is easier that way.

Yeah, I think it's best to just not even respond in these threads anymore. I just would like facts and not opinions.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 05:33 PM
The defense is better now, so yeah, his numbers would be just as good, if not better. Remember, LeBron would be allowed to touch back, and use his strength, instead of having to act like a bull in a china shop at times.

Did you just say defense is better today?? I think I'm going to be sick!

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Did you just say defense is better today?? I think I'm going to be sick!

The defense is better now. Do some research.

StoicSentry
03-28-2013, 05:36 PM
LeBron James complaining about preferential treatment is like Hugh Hefner complaining about nudity.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 05:46 PM
LeBron James complaining about preferential treatment is like Hugh Hefner complaining about nudity.

LeBron didn't say that in the slightest.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 05:46 PM

Wow dude, just wow. Defense is a joke in todays game.

rockbottom2010
03-28-2013, 05:47 PM
the bulls always been a dirty team...ever since the 2011 ecf

ChitownSports16
03-28-2013, 05:51 PM
^^^ now that made me laugh.

sammid21
03-28-2013, 05:54 PM
the bulls always been a dirty team...ever since the 2011 ecf

Dont take a page out of LBJs book and complain about the physicality of the game yesterday. The Bulls dont play dirty and they didnt play dirty yesterday. They played physical. Indiana plays dirty. know the difference between dirty and good D. the Hinrich play wasnt dirty, he wrap LBJ because if he didnt theres a good change LBJ scores and a foul, he is unbelievable with the and 1's. the Taj "flagrant" was a good foul, he went for the ball not LBJs neck

Munkeysuit
03-28-2013, 05:56 PM

If Lebron's a joke to you, I would really hate to know what your favorite player in the league is...I agree with you to some extent, I do not agree with bashing him over him addressing the fact he got fouled like he did, fouling a player blatantly (and even admitting it, like Kirk did) is not basketball, you as a fan may want to see these types of plays because it ups the entertainment value, but just imagine if your the best player in the world right now, the MVP of the league and reigning NBA champion and your 6th in the league in FT attempts...now just imagine that those things are true PLUS a huge part of your game is transition, penetration and posting up...Lebron gets hammered all the time and sometimes its called and sometimes it isn't, thats just how it goes, and that brings me to why I partly agree with you, LBJ has every right to adress this concern because of his status and the types of fouls that will come during "harder fought" playoff style basketball is in full effect...but I wish he didnt have to say all of this in the manner he said it, it really did make it look like he was crying a bit over it and that is all I'll agree with you on.

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 05:59 PM

Regular Season Stats

For starters you chose a year Lebron is in his athletic prime and kobe is not. At 26 years old Kobe was averaging 10.1 ft per game, but even so I will continue (note each player has 3 seasons averaging 10 ft per game or more and it appears those days are done for Lebron as his have been declining). It is hard to tell if this counts the attempts they got fouled on but I'll do the best I can with whats available. For kobe 85% jumpers means that 3 attempts per game were not jumpers (im assuming this means attacking the basket). In comparison for Lebron 69% jumpers means he had about 6 drives to the hoop per game. So in double the amount of driving the basketball each game Lebron averaged getting fouled one or so more time each game? I don't really see what the problem with that is especially considering how many times we see him get fouled just to send him to the line where he might miss. Durant is clearly right there so I don't see the problem. If you think bosh is going to get as many free throws playing with wade and Lebron I'd call you crazy. So overall here nothing seems that out of the ordinary. You use a year where kobe is on the decline and isn't averaging the ft's he did at lebrons age, show basically useless data, and use it to criticize lebron.

A youtube clip of a game how many years back? Not sure what this is supposed to prove. I guess I'll respond by saying the game last night kobe fouled rubio on the game tying shot and no call. I would show a youtube clip of kings vs lakers but like I said one youtube clip from a while back doesn't mean much.

Haha pushing Kobe and dissing Lebron. No you don't have any sort of agenda at all. This is pure opinion and think what you want but Lebron is arguably the most hated athlete (yes over kobe) on these boards. He has been misquoted twice in the last two weeks and people (including yourself, you even admitted it) decided to bash him without even looking at what he said. Also some people on here might not hate kobe, they are just sick of a select few posters bashing Lebron and or hyping kobe with any post. It goes both ways.

Yup, they are mostly sheep manipulated by David Stern, Nike, Gatorade, and ESPN. Mostly all of them are either Kobe haters, Laker haters, or both. Pure marketing genius on Stern's part. He found a way to attract a new fan base that he wasn't getting back during the early 2000's when the Lakers were winning. There were a ton of fans that watched just to see the Lakers lose...now those are the same people that are "Heat" fans all of the sudden...funny how they all used to be Cavs fans a few years back. Stern gave all those haters a hero to watch and therefore a reason to watch the game. Lebron is the most manufactured superstar in NBA history...of course all these apologist haters are going to defend him no matter how obvious the BS is.

You use media all the time to prove your arguments, yet discredit any media that doesn't agree with you. Your entitled to your opinion but you have to understand that picking and choosing what media to use doesn't give your arguments much substance. Once again pure opinion to bash Lebron. Gives you so much credebility. Did you ever think that some people just think he is a great player and love to watch him play? You do know kobe isn't the only fun basketball player to watch right?

Of course you hate mvp, kobe only has one. I agree that the award doesn't show the best player but o well, time to get over it. For someone who uses media so much why discredit it now?

Ahh when all else fails go back to the PED argument...

Munkeysuit
03-28-2013, 05:59 PM
I see so much Bulls fans now sticking their chests out, wearing this win like a badge of honor hahaha, its pretty funny, but you know what? they deserve to be proud, to the victor goes the spoils and they earned the right to brag.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 06:00 PM
So a dude who was 6'6", 220 lbs as a 17 year old surprises you when he ends up 6'8", 270 as a grown man?

mngopher35
03-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Wow dude, just wow. Defense is a joke in todays game.

Rules have changed and defenses are definitely more advanced than they were. They were tougher and more physical back then but that isn't everything. You can think either way but this era is not weak defensively.

Jesse2272
03-28-2013, 06:11 PM
So a dude who was 6'6", 220 lbs as a 17 year old surprises you when he ends up 6'8", 270 as a grown man?

Thats just crazy talk Hawk :D

BigBlueCrew
03-28-2013, 06:11 PM

What?!?! NBA defense is better now? :speechless:

StoicSentry
03-28-2013, 06:20 PM
I don't want to hear a guy who plays 40 mpg and gets called for only 1.5 fouls per game telling me anything about fouls (or lack thereof) being unfair. He's a crybaby.

BTW thank you to the Bulls for exposing this chump

FraziersKnicks
03-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Lakers fans give me so much entertainment

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Well it is very possible he was already juicing at that time, I have a lot of friends that juiced in high school. As a matter a fact that's one of the best times to do it. To sit there and think Lebron has never touched peds is kind of foolish. I'm sure Jordan and Kobe at some point have as well.

I couldn't believe someone like Hawk would say something like that.

jp611
03-28-2013, 06:45 PM
"A lot of my fouls are not basketball plays. First of all, Kirk Hinrich in the first quarter basically grabbed me with two hands and brought me to the ground. The last one, Taj Gibson was able to collar me around my shoulder and bring me to the ground. Those are not defensive ... those are not basketball plays."

"I'm a football player. I'm good. I can't worry about what may happen. I live in the moment. I'm an attack guy. I'm an attack player. I don't really make my mark on the perimeter."

Contradictions at its finest Lebron

One is you after a game you lost, the other after a game you won... COMICAL!

This clown wouldn't have lasted a minute in a game with Dennis Rodman in it

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 06:53 PM
"A lot of my fouls are not basketball plays. First of all, Kirk Hinrich in the first quarter basically grabbed me with two hands and brought me to the ground. The last one, Taj Gibson was able to collar me around my shoulder and bring me to the ground. Those are not defensive ... those are not basketball plays."

"I'm a football player. I'm good. I can't worry about what may happen. I live in the moment. I'm an attack guy. I'm an attack player. I don't really make my mark on the perimeter."

Thank you!

This what I've been trying to explain to Hawkeye. Lebron wouldn't average anywhere near the stats he has today, defenses would never allow Lebron to get to the hole as easy as he does. There would be consequences, they would scare him to death after they injury him for the first time. No way he goes uninjured like he's doing today.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 07:21 PM

yes, it is. People confuse physicality with efficiency. The defenses today are better than in the 80's and 90's.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Well it is very possible he was already juicing at that time, I have a lot of friends that juiced in high school. As a matter a fact that's one of the best times to do it. To sit there and think Lebron has never touched peds is kind of foolish. I'm sure Jordan and Kobe at some point have as well.

I couldn't believe someone like Hawk would say something like that.

Or LeBron is a freak of nature. That seems much more likely than the kids you knew juicing.

kntresistheheat
03-28-2013, 07:42 PM
All these hate threads are comical. We love all these old and new haters! Keep it coming.... Oh by the way, why would I be mad? My team won 27 in a row, best record in the league, the best player in league, and fresh off a championship.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Or LeBron is a freak of nature. That seems much more likely than the kids you knew juicing.

Just saying, taking roids early greatly increases your output, and is easier to get big really fast, then all you have to do is maintain yourself.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Just saying, taking roids early greatly increases your output, and is easier to get big really fast, then all you have to do is maintain yourself.

so roids are responsible for LeBron being such a freak, unlike anything we have seen in the game?

mmkay.

Dade County
03-28-2013, 08:05 PM

Why not... he would have started caring on the court?

I mean, if players could foul hard back then, what makes you think Lbj in that time period, would not have token full advantage of this?

He is bigger and stronger then norm. I think some players in that era, would have had a tough time with Lbj ( because Lbj would have had that type of mentality.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-28-2013, 08:09 PM
so roids are responsible for LeBron being such a freak, unlike anything we have seen in the game?

mmkay.

I didn't say any of that, but I wouldn't doubt it for one second if Lebron took something while in high school. I would bet money on yes if I could somehow get a truthful answer.

HesterJordan23
03-28-2013, 08:33 PM

I mean, if players could foul hard back then, what makes you think Lbj in that time period, would not have token full advantage of this?

He is bigger and stronger then norm. I think some players in that era, would have had a tough time with Lbj ( because Lbj would have had that type of mentality.

You can't say that unless you know him? just because he is a freak of nature doesn't mean he would start caring and change his game? No one would know that but him..

arguement is invalid

HesterJordan23
03-28-2013, 08:34 PM
All these hate threads are comical. We love all these old and new haters! Keep it coming.... Oh by the way, why would I be mad? My team won 27 in a row, best record in the league, the best player in league, and fresh off a championship.

p.s. to all heat fans i love how about 90% of you have something about haters on there sigs or continue to tell everyone is a hater.. of course there is dumb people on here that love to hate on lebron or the heat but on a pretty consistent basis most of you heat fans love to tell us all we are hating. its like black people and the race card they throw it out like its nothing. and i'm expecting everyone to reply to this saying i am hating so pour it on me.

i respect lbj an his game the heat are a great team from a bulls fan just tired of the hater being thrown around

CityofTreez
03-28-2013, 08:36 PM
I didn't say any of that, but I wouldn't doubt it for one second if Lebron took something while in high school. I would bet money on yes if I could somehow get a truthful answer.

You're not the PSD poster who has a sig pic of LeBron with the word "ROIDS" right beneath it.

Just sayin.

HesterJordan23
03-28-2013, 08:36 PM
not all the players on the heat act like this but dwade sometimes bron bron battier jones bosh all get confuzzled and agry when they get punked but love to punk everyone else and say it is simply basketball.. it is not just the heat there are many players that do that as well but lbj needs to stop think breath speak before his anger makes him look stupid

jp611
03-28-2013, 08:37 PM
The term "hater" gets thrown around way too loosely around here

I'm pretty tired of the Heat fans running this forum with their garbage facepalms and their whiny attitudes... We shouldn't be closing down threads with good discussions in them because the Heat fans can't handle it, if they can't handle it then ban them

I wanted to talk about the Heat's loss this morning, couldn't happen, because the Heat posters derailed the thread with "HATERZZZ" and ":facepalm:"

HesterJordan23
03-28-2013, 08:39 PM

I'm pretty tired of the Heat fans running this forum with their garbage facepalms and their whiny attitudes... We shouldn't be closing down threads with good discussions in them because the Heat fans can't handle it, if they can't handle it then ban them

I wanted to talk about the Heat's loss this morning, couldn't happen, because the Heat posters derailed the thread with "HATERZZZ" and ":facepalm:"

And in sense causes the nba forum to be trash. i hardly enjoy talking or conversing in the nba forum anymore.. without it becoming some stipud arguement.. ill see you jpro in the bears forum:hi5:

RenegadeRiot36
03-28-2013, 08:58 PM
You know who dont get enough fouls called? Guys like Dion Waiters that get no respect from referees yet get the **** knocked repeatedly each game when they drive. LeBron runs this league. Its ridiculous. He should try being a normal player for once.

stawka
03-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Actually KD gets every call out there, not LeBron. And secondly, it's not the lack of calls he gets, but he gets the Shaq/Dwight treatment where he gets smacked and knocked around. It's one thing to go straight up for a big dunk like Shaq and Dwight did/do, but when you're running full speed and you get smacked around, that's when it can get dangerous

Riodagoat
03-28-2013, 09:06 PM
What he said is being taken out of context. It's the quality of the fouls, not the quantity. This guy is so strong players tend abuse him every time he drives to the lane.

If it was Kobe, Durant, or Rose that was getting smacked in the face or dragged down by the collar bone, everyone would be clamoring for a flagrant foul.

chrism8188
03-28-2013, 09:07 PM
I respect lebron, i think hes a beast but when he says stuff like this it makes me sick. Hinrich is kid size conpared to lebron so does he just give him 2 point or even a and 1 easy? No, i think holding him was a good play, thats good defense. Taj gibson i have to admit was def a flagrant 1 and nothing else, it was a hard foul. To say you dont get enough calls sounds lame when all the refs call the smallest touches on him and all the "superstars". Does everyone in this thread believe lebron should jus get a easy 2 or and 1???? Really??? No, make him and everyone else earn it.

Bigbadmoffo
03-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Lebron is the most talented goof in the world. Why such a loser is so gifted is beyond me and yes before you ask I am jealous.

Slug3
03-28-2013, 09:37 PM

I can agree with this. If we talk about Miami winning we should be able to talk about them when they lose as well. I can admit when a team out plays them and no team has for a month and a half except Chicago. I may not have agreed with some of the calls, but as a fan of any team you always tend to lean towards the refs not giving you calls and giving the other teams calls. But the refs had zero to do with Miami losing last night.

But again it's hard to talk about Miami playing ba when people throw out their opinions like they are facts.

kdspurman
03-28-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't think he has any beef for the Bulls games. He thought those fouls were harder than they really were. Those were not hard fouls.

Should he get to the line more? Probably. I think he attacks more so than Durant but Durant gets to the line more.

Slug3
03-28-2013, 10:06 PM
I don't think he has any beef for the Bulls games. He thought those fouls were harder than they really were. Those were not hard fouls.

Should he get to the line more? Probably. I think he attacks more so than Durant but Durant gets to the line more.

I'm sure he was also mad at the loss and kind of said things he shouldn't have. Frustration got the best of him.

kdspurman
03-28-2013, 10:09 PM
I'm sure he was also mad at the loss and kind of said things he shouldn't have. Frustration got the best of him.

Yea no doubt, definitely a good point. Which is understandable on his part

jp611
03-28-2013, 10:14 PM
I don't want to make a new thread on this but Taj Gibson weighs in as well as Danny Ainge

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9109441/lebron-james-miami-heat-complaining-surprised-taj-gibson-chicago-bulls

Chicago Bulls forward Taj Gibson said Thursday that he was surprised LeBron James complained the previous night about hard fouls committed during the Bulls' 101-97 victory that snapped the Miami Heat's win streak at 27.
"I think he's too good of a player to do that," Gibson said on "The Carmen & Jurko Show" on ESPN 1000.
"You just play, two teams really going out there and play hard, going to the basket extremely hard and physical."
James mentioned fouls by Gibson and Kirk Hinrich as not being "basketball plays." Neither was called for a flagrant. James said Gibson collared him on a drive to the basket with 4:01 left in the fourth quarter.
"I didn't try to collar him," Gibson said. "I just fouled him. It wasn't intentionally.
"I just tried to make a play on the ball, but I fouled him. When he fell, it looked like I collared him. I was really trying to grab him, just not hold him up. Nobody was intentionally trying to hurt anybody out there. When he said those comments, I was really shocked. But it's part of the game, I guess."
James singled out Gibson and Hinrich, who wrapped him up on a drive to the basket in the first quarter.
"Let me calculate my thoughts real fast before I say [what I want to say]," James said after the game. "I believe and I know that a lot of my fouls are not basketball plays. First of all, Kirk Hinrich in the first quarter basically grabbed me with two hands and brought me to the ground. The last one, Taj Gibson was able to collar me around my shoulder and bring me to the ground. Those are not defensive those are not basketball plays."
Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge, speaking on WEEI Radio on Thursday, disagreed.
"I think the referees got the calls right. I don't think it was a hard foul," Ainge said. "I think the one involving LeBron against Carlos Boozer [in which LeBron lowered his shoulder into the Bulls' forward 10 seconds after Gibson's foul), that was flagrant. I think the officials got it right.
"I think that it's almost embarrassing that LeBron would complain about officiating."
Gibson said the nature of the rivalry almost ensures a physical game.
"Every game we played them was a physical game," Gibson said. "You're going to know things are like that; tough, hard fouls are going to be called. You just can't expect the games to be so lightly taken after you just blew us out by 20 the last time we played you guys."

jmartin80
03-28-2013, 10:20 PM
He did get this call though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktJ8S-PJGEQ

Slug3
03-28-2013, 10:39 PM
He did get this call though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktJ8S-PJGEQ

I mean the ball did hit him in the face. Lol

But the Bosh no elbow was a lot worse.

Doogolas
03-28-2013, 10:41 PM

To defend that poster, almost nobody could last a minute on a court with Rodman. The man was a ****ing crazy person. Didn't he LITERALLY make someone cry once? And I'm pretty sure he got hit in the face more than a few times. I mean, I'm pretty sure MJ wanted to kill him a few times and they were on the same team on what might be the best team ever to play.

Guy was just nuts. It's not a slight to anyone to say they wouldn't last a game with Rodman, ESPECIALLY if it was the first time they ever had him in their face. He or Pippen might be the only two people with a chance to legitimately stop LBJ. Pippen because he was ridiculous and Rodman because he was ridiculous and completely insane.

tdg823
03-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Couple things here... People talking about the contact Lebron suffers through? He initiates most of it! Once set, a defender owns their spot on the court and can't be dislodged legally by elbow, shoulder or forearm.

As for the defense being better nowadays, not hardly. physicality, efficiency, whatever, the effort and technique are very poor in todays game. No one cares at all about defense, it's like ABA light some nights.

NBA_Starter
03-28-2013, 10:57 PM
That is understandable

mngopher35

He was definitely mad about the loss. He can be a bit of sore loser sometimes.

hgmjbkfm
his second championship trophy by defending his title.http://www.xbth.info/3g.jpg

Purple_n_Gold
03-28-2013, 11:26 PM
Since when do bias trolls get to be mods?

cutiepie80
03-28-2013, 11:30 PM
He is a poor sport. Bottom line. If things aren't going the way he wants he pouts. Loss to the Magic, Mavs, now this?

Poor sport.

dnl123
03-28-2013, 11:38 PM
I would complain too about Hinrich being able to full on tackle him. That's not a basketball play and he wasn't going for the ball at all.

Lakers Ghost
03-28-2013, 11:44 PM

the lakers problems is that they are old, dumb coach and players that dont fit the system. yes they are HOF but still they are old. Best in the league not to me he isnt and never will. To me it is Durant ahead of the crybaby james.

bucketss
03-28-2013, 11:50 PM
the lakers problems is that they are old, dumb coach and players that dont fit the system. yes they are HOF but still they are old. Best in the league not to me he isnt and never will. To me it is Durant ahead of the crybaby james.

you forget old chucking ball hog that plays atrocious defense.

jp611
03-28-2013, 11:54 PM
I would complain too about Hinrich being able to full on tackle him. That's not a basketball play and he wasn't going for the ball at all.

Watch the tape... Lebron barreled into him with his shoulder, it should have been an offensive foul even

MTL_123
03-29-2013, 12:05 AM
I wish lebron would stop and just start fouling people hard and after that i wanna see how some people on this site act. I remember against the Pacers people were saying the same thing just play stop crying but after we started to foul them hard we heard all this bs like OMG they cant do that

MTL_123
03-29-2013, 12:08 AM

Really :facepalm:

rocky4104
03-29-2013, 12:09 AM
on the flip side, i noticed how Boozer shrugged off the "hit" by lebron, that guy is tough!

imagine if that happened to Paul Pierce, he would've been carried out by a stretcher lol

bucketss
03-29-2013, 12:11 AM
Really :facepalm:

what do you expect by a kobe fan that feels threatened by lebron in every way lol.

MTL_123
03-29-2013, 12:13 AM

1) Didnt matter to kobe b4 that they were old he was already talking smack to KD that watch d-12 and nash are coming to la
2) lol your dumb players wanted that dumb coach nash and kobe liked the idea of getting no d dantoni
3) Kobe wanted thos players

jp611
03-29-2013, 12:17 AM
1) Didnt matter to kobe b4 that they were old he was already talking smack to KD that watch d-12 and nash are coming to la
2) lol your dumb players wanted that dumb coach nash and kobe liked the idea of getting no d dantoni
3) Kobe wanted thos players

Off topic, quit derailing threads

MTL_123
03-29-2013, 12:18 AM

jp611
03-29-2013, 12:21 AM
You better ninja edit

jp611
03-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Back on topic now please

Lebron is a poor sport

MTL_123
03-29-2013, 12:23 AM
Off topic, quit derailing threads

Back on topic now please

Lebron is a poor sport

yeah because hes complaining hes not getting enough calls like rose was a few seasons ago right? :rolleyes:

ChitownSports16
03-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Hahahahahahahah Rose is prob one of the superstars that doesn't get that others stars do.

Dade County
03-29-2013, 12:34 AM
Hahahahahahahah Rose is prob one of the superstars that doesn't get that others stars do.
)
His a star in this league, but not a super star (world wide).

jp611
03-29-2013, 12:37 AM
)

Pretty sure he sold the most jerseys last season worldwide, if not like top 3

Good attempt

Slug3
03-29-2013, 12:41 AM
Pretty sure he sold the most jerseys last season worldwide, if not like top 3

Good attempt

I think you might be referring to nba store which just counts US sales. But still a good feat no matter.

jp611
03-29-2013, 12:45 AM
I think you might be referring to nba store which just counts US sales. But still a good feat no matter.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bulls/2012/6/21/3105888/nba-jersey-sales-2012-derrick-rose-kobe-bryant

He was also the 2nd behind Kobe in sales outside the US

Slug3
03-29-2013, 12:48 AM
http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bulls/2012/6/21/3105888/nba-jersey-sales-2012-derrick-rose-kobe-bryant

He was also the 2nd behind Kobe in sales outside the US

Well not bad then. I wish they would show how many were sold for each player.

ChitownSports16
03-29-2013, 01:04 AM
)

Well, in that case he's more of a start then Wade.

Anyways, back on bron bron being a baby after the fact he claimed the league is stronger now but yet he's crying because hes not getting foul calls...

Most personal fouls drawn during Heats 27 game win streak.

James 177
Howard 168
Durant 153
Harden 147
Bryant 138

What else does this guy want handed to him?? Grow one ya poor baby...

benny01
03-29-2013, 01:36 AM
anybody remember the forearm shiver he gave hinrich in the playoffs a few years back. that was a basketball play

3ballbomber
03-29-2013, 01:55 AM
you can't always have things your way. nothing is always easy. lebron proving again how soft he is. way too much complaining.

gotoHcarolina52
03-29-2013, 03:36 AM
you can't always have things your way. nothing is always easy. lebron proving again how soft he is. way too much complaining.

This.

Clearly he should have kept his mouth shut or, at the very least, taken a page from the Blessed Derrick Rose, Our Lady of Humility, and deferred to the divine: "only God knows why I don't get more calls."

StoicSentry
03-29-2013, 04:19 AM
Lebron thinking he doesn't get enough foul calls is like Donald Trump thinking he doesn't earn enough money. LeBron is softer than Marshmelo Anthony.

ztilzer31
03-29-2013, 04:45 AM
I remember when Derek Fisher lowered his shoulder and literally ran full speed at Lebron in a break away last year, and everyone was mad they called a flagrant foul. The thing is if anyone else was getting charged at like that during a breakaway it would be an ejection.

Fact of the matter is Lebron James is a giant man that takes a lot of force to stop him from scoring. People go overboard, but I don't think it's intentional. People aren't trying to hurt him, but it takes a lot to stop him.

K0BE8124
03-29-2013, 05:39 AM
I wanna see all the heat fans rise in 2014 lmao

cubfan23
03-29-2013, 05:41 AM
Lebron, would never survive in the early 90's of the NBA...he thinks those were bad ha what a joke.

cubfan23
03-29-2013, 05:43 AM
What do you guys think of Gibson calling him out about it? Agree or disagree?

rockbottom2010
03-29-2013, 06:06 AM
Dont take a page out of LBJs book and complain about the physicality of the game yesterday. The Bulls dont play dirty and they didnt play dirty yesterday. They played physical. Indiana plays dirty. know the difference between dirty and good D. the Hinrich play wasnt dirty, he wrap LBJ because if he didnt theres a good change LBJ scores and a foul, he is unbelievable with the and 1's. the Taj "flagrant" was a good foul, he went for the ball not LBJs neck

bulls fans will never admit the truth, thats the problem...another dirty player, definitely up there, joakim noah...the only time the bulls are like this is with the knicks and the heat....wait till playoff time...this thread will be dead to me, and taj said that lbj too good to complain...hahaha...thats a joke.....

SteBO
03-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Are people really so lazy that they'd rather funnel words in LBJ's mouth as opposed to just reading the article? Where did he say "I don't get enough calls"? Did he not say that he understands he's an aggressive player as well? Again, read the article guys....

What Gibson and Danny Ainge says is irrelevant. Taj and Kirks fouls by rule weren't basketball plays, and should've been called flagrant if we're going by the book. The Bulls can be an overly physical team at times, but I wouldn't call them dirty. They play a tough brand of basketball....

Backstabber
03-29-2013, 08:07 AM
I don't want to hear a guy who plays 40 mpg and gets called for only 1.5 fouls per game telling me anything about fouls (or lack thereof) being unfair. He's a crybaby.

BTW thank you to the Bulls for exposing this chump

Usually don't agree with Stoic but he's dead on here. Lebron is as aggressive and physical as any player in the league. He gets his fair share of superstar calls, no one except Heat fans feels sorry for him.

jp611
03-29-2013, 08:09 AM
This.

Clearly he should have kept his mouth shut or, at the very least, taken a page from the Blessed Derrick Rose, Our Lady of Humility, and deferred to the divine: "only God knows why I don't get more calls."

Proof again

Heat fans can't handle these threads about their teams... Time to start banning people for derailing threads and baiting... This is ridiculous

flips333
03-29-2013, 08:11 AM
bulls fans will never admit the truth, thats the problem...another dirty player, definitely up there, joakim noah...the only time the bulls are like this is with the knicks and the heat....wait till playoff time...this thread will be dead to me, and taj said that lbj too good to complain...hahaha...thats a joke.....

You don't think it's at all disingenuous that when he wins he goes "I'm a football player. I'm good. I can't worry about what may happen. I live in the moment. I'm an attack guy. I'm an attack player. I don't really make my mark on the perimeter." After a win when askled about hard fouls.

And after a loss he's complaining about it. He can't have it both ways. He can't be oh I'm tougher than that when he wins and they just won cause they are playing football when he loses. It just comes across as macho ********.

flips333
03-29-2013, 08:14 AM
Are people really so lazy that they'd rather funnel words in LBJ's mouth as opposed to just reading the article? Where did he say "I don't get enough calls"? Did he not say that he understands he's an aggressive player as well? Again, read the article guys....

What Gibson and Danny Ainge says is irrelevant. Taj and Kirks fouls by rule weren't basketball plays, and should've been called flagrant if we're going by the book. The Bulls can be an overly physical team at times, but I wouldn't call them dirty. They play a tough brand of basketball....

Wait was Kirk's foul unnecessary contact? You have seen players hold on to other players in an effort to not hurt them. If anyone fouled it was james. He lowers his shoulder and charges into him. The announcers even say if kirk doesn't wrap up that is an offensive foul. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc2wXZgeOb0

They reviewed the tape on Gibson... If it was a flagrant they would have called it as such. If you want to make fouls like that flagrant they need to change the rules. those were hard fouls within the rules of the game. In every sport there are violent plays that are not outside of the bounds of play. I'm sorry that they didn't break the record... but they just got beat.

jp611
03-29-2013, 08:15 AM

If we're going by the book it should have been an offensive foul on Lebron, you cannot lower your shoulder into the defender and barrel into them

And the taj Gibson play? Seriously? That was not a flagrant at all, that was just a foul and the refs got it right after reviewing the play

I agree people need to not put words in Lebrons mouth

But I took direct quotes from him and proved how he is just a sore loser about it... Physicality is okay when he wins, but if he loses it isn't... He's a sore loser and there's really no way you can say he isn't

BULLSFAN0810
03-29-2013, 08:53 AM
i think James gets too many calls. he attacks the hole like Shaq with handles. how the heck can he say he gets hacked too much when he didnt register a foul for weeks?!!?!? Him not having a foul for weeks tell me the refs let him play and do whatever he wants. he has no reason to cry, youre not losing, your 6th in ft shooting unlike Rose who was clobbered for years and out put wasnt close even if you pro-rated his performance.

BULLSFAN0810
03-29-2013, 09:05 AM

i understand your premise,but it isnt sound or logical. there was once this saying in basketball...dont go to the hole as a little man if youre scared to get foul. Here is LBj 6-8 270 and he is getting fouled but he is handing out damage too. does he expect ppl to just move bc he will run them over ? Do he expect not to get fouled driving down the lane ? do he expect a tick tack foul after he dunks on team after team ? i think he expects ppl to move. i think he is soft and so are other players in todays NBA. the play by Taj and Kirk were GREAT BASKET BALL PLAYS. Kirk STOOD THERE AND LET JAMES RUN HIM OVER AND WRAPPED JAMES UP SO HE COULDNT GET UP A SHOT. JAMES RAN KIRK OVER. IF JAMES HAD SMOOTHNESS HE COULDVE PROB AVOIDED IT(BULL IN CHINA SHOP*MJ) THE TAJ FOUL WAS A HARD SWIPE. IT WASNT FLAGRANT. FLAGRANT IS BEYOND A HARD FOUL. TAJ FOUL WAS A HARD FOUL... FLAGRANT IS WHAT JAMES DID..LOWERING THE SHOULDER. IF JAMES DONT WANNA PAY THE PRICE ...HE SHOULD SHOOT JUMPERS

SteBO
03-29-2013, 09:10 AM
If we're going by the book it should have been an offensive foul on Lebron, you cannot lower your shoulder into the defender and barrel into them

And the taj Gibson play? Seriously? That was not a flagrant at all, that was just a foul and the refs got it right after reviewing the play

I agree people need to not put words in Lebrons mouth

But I took direct quotes from him and proved how he is just a sore loser about it... Physicality is okay when he wins, but if he loses it isn't... He's a sore loser and there's really no way you can say he isn't
Fair points, but people are too quick to label him a sore loser without even making an attempt to see his side, and a lot of it stems for simple dislike. And his comments aren't coming from this game alone, it's been a recurring theme for a couple weeks now where he gets nailed on the head without making a play on the ball and there's nothing called. LeBron can't help that he's so big and is attacking the basket, and if Hinrich wanted to stop it then take a legitimate charge (stand your ground and don't move), not wrap him as you're moving back and then attempt to drag him to the floor. That's a flagrant, and not a defensive basketball play.

Plus, he admitted he's a physical player. He's already acknowledged your side of the argument, so you can't accuse him of a double-standard.

jp611
03-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Fair points, but people are too quick to label him a sore loser without even making an attempt to see his side, and a lot of it stems for simple dislike. And his comments aren't coming from this game alone, it's been a recurring theme for a couple weeks now where he gets nailed on the head without making a play on the ball and there's nothing called. LeBron can't help that he's so big and is attacking the basket, and if Hinrich wanted to stop it then take a legitimate charge (stand your ground and don't move), not wrap him as you're moving back and then attempt to drag him to the floor. That's a flagrant, and not a defensive basketball play.

Plus, he admitted he's a physical player. He's already acknowledged your side of the argument, so you can't accuse him of a double-standard.

If he is contradicting himself I absolutely can accuse him of a double-standard

Physicality is okay for Lebron when he wins the game, I mean "he's a football player"... He said it himself, came right from his mouth... There's seriously no way you can deny the contradictions at this point.

Lebron hates losing... So do I... But as a professional, he needs to man the **** up and quit whining when he loses, it makes him look silly... I was actually really starting to come around on Lebron this year until that game and these comments, he just needs to be a big boy and play some basketball... Quit the whining and quit letting your frustrations get the best of you, also give some respect to the other team for a change... His post game interview where he discredited the Bulls was yet again another sore loser move

flips333
03-29-2013, 09:17 AM

It's a recurring theme when he loses. When he wins he says things like "I'm a football player. I'm good. I can't worry about what may happen. I live in the moment. I'm an attack guy. I'm an attack player. I don't really make my mark on the perimeter."

That is why he comes across as a sore loser. I don't deny that I don't care for Lebron, but it more stems from that, and that ******** decision show than anything else.

SteBO
03-29-2013, 09:19 AM
It's a recurring theme when he wins as well (if you watched Heat games you'd know what I'm talking about), but alright whatever. I don't expect you guys to even attempt to acknowledge the other side of the coin. It's just a regular season game anyhow. I agree I personally wish he wouldn't have said anything, because all that would come out of it is people *****ing and moaning about so-called "double standards". It is what it is. We move on.....

jp611
03-29-2013, 09:23 AM
It's a recurring theme when he wins as well, but alright whatever. I don't expect you guys to even attempt to acknowledge the other side of the coin. It's just a regular season game anyhow. I agree I personally wish he wouldn't have said anything, because all that would come out of it is people *****ing and moaning about so-called "double standards". It is what it is. We move on...

What? We're pointing out that he's a sore loser, how can you be a sore loser when you're winning? You're the only one not trying to look on the actual side of the coin that matters because you don't want to acknowledge that your favorite player is a sore loser.

I really don't get the point you're trying to make about the recurring theme with winning because it only strengthens my point that when Lebron is winning the physicality is fine, but if he loses it instantly becomes not okay. He turns it into "these aren't basketball plays", well what about the ****ing charge into Boozer, he just fails to mention that? Give it up man, you're in the wrong here.

Also please ban the Heat trolls who keep trying to derail this thread that is generating some discussion.

SteBO
03-29-2013, 09:32 AM
If he's a sore loser for airing out his built-up frustrations, then so be it. Call him whatever you want to believe he is. Miami got beat fair and square, and nobody(at least of the rational fans) is accusing officiating of being a reason as to why the Heat lost. I know I'm not. A combination of Miami beating themselves with the constant slow starts, and the Bulls effort defensively for about as close to 48 minutes as you can get in an NBA game are two of the biggest reasons for the end result.

And no, my argument doesn't strengthen your point but I'm not going to waste my time AGAIN, trying to explain it. Enjoy the win. Heat lost. Moving on....

jp611
03-29-2013, 09:36 AM
You literally haven't wasted any time, because you didn't even put an argument together

Slug3
03-29-2013, 09:38 AM
What? We're pointing out that he's a sore loser, how can you be a sore loser when you're winning? You're the only one not trying to look on the actual side of the coin that matters because you don't want to acknowledge that your favorite player is a sore loser.

I really don't get the point you're trying to make about the recurring theme with winning because it only strengthens my point that when Lebron is winning the physicality is fine, but if he loses it instantly becomes not okay. He turns it into "these aren't basketball plays", well what about the ****ing charge into Boozer, he just fails to mention that? Give it up man, you're in the wrong here.

Also please ban the Heat trolls who keep trying to derail this thread that is generating some discussion.

I think when you win though the Physical play against him might be a little easier to swallow. I mean everyone is a little happier and more willing to accept things when they win compared to when they lose. I mean even last year Rose himself was complaining about how he would get fouled with no calls and it came after they lost a game. Does that make him a sore loser as well? I mean its the same thing here. He lost and complained about the refs not calling things for him.

Players tend to be more emotional when they lose and might say things they didn't fully mean.

jp611
03-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Lebron does it EVERY single time he loses... Rose finally spoke up after months and months of being abused without getting the treatment superstars do... He finally spoke up, this is a completely different circumstance

Lebron is calling regular fouls and fouls he committed flagrant fouls against the Bulls because he lost... Rose wasn't pointing out just random calls that should have been called... Rose FINALLY spoke up, completely different circumstances

Slug3
03-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Lebron does it EVERY single time he loses... Rose finally spoke up after months and months of being abused without getting the treatment superstars do... He finally spoke up, this is a completely different circumstance

Lebron is calling regular fouls and fouls he committed flagrant fouls against the Bulls because he lost... Rose wasn't pointing out just random calls that should have been called... Rose FINALLY spoke up, completely different circumstances

Can you name another time Lebron spoke about the fouls after he lost a game? Or are you just throwing out your opinion as a fact?

and Miami has lost like 16-17 games this year so I expect to see 16 or 17 times he did it since its after every time he loses.

flips333
03-29-2013, 09:47 AM
In all reality Professional athletes as a group are whiny little *****es who shouldn't complain about the silly little job they get millions to do. People are talking about Rose... Hell this was the same **** Jordan used to do. But when they finnaly started beating the Pistons it was because they stopped playing that game.

MTL_123
03-29-2013, 09:49 AM

can you show me these