PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings sign and trade value or take QO then consent then traded value?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
What would your team offer up for Jennings in a sign and trade come July 1? There's a lot of decent pg's out there. So the market could be less then what Jennings expected for a payday. He mentioned big markets last few seasons. Mentioned Dallas once, liking a owner like Cuban.

So most likely a agreement to draft a player we want with your pick could happen as well. I suggested if Dallas wanted Jennings in sign and trade. We could have a agreement of Dallas taking a player like Glenn Robinson III at #13 for us and toss in local kid Crowder as well. That's my worst case scenario. What's yours?

There was old rumors Suns were interested in either Ellis or Jennings way before the deadline but who knows now.

RollingWave
04-26-2013, 04:21 AM
Rationally speaking, not much, Jennings pretty overrated, his advance stats is meh and even traditional stats have some serious red flags (like him being unable to even hit over 40% field goal for his career including this year, which is amazing, especially since he actually shots the 3 pretty well, the guy simply can't finish inside.).

But not all teams are rational. of course. but I don't see him as the long term answer to anyone's starting PG (at least if they want to actually contend... not under .500 8th seed in the east type contend).

I guess a spare piece or 2nd rounder might be there. but that's about it. what is 1 extra year of Brandon Jennings really worth? when your not even sure if he's going to be good enough 2 years from now? he's young enough that he might get significantly better, but he sure needs to get significantly better.

kobe4thewinbang
04-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Is there any way the Lakers could acquire Jennings? He'd be nice to have.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
05-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Lakers really don't have much for trading pieces. Gasol getting up there with age and been injured. Even though he probably put up more points and such without dealing with Kobe or Howard and playing in the weak east. Besides Bucks have Sanders, Henson, Ersan, Udoh. Also Lakers still have Nash. Maybe 3 way trade where Bucks get something from Raptors like Ross and either Fields or Lowry or Kleiza? They get Nash and you get Jennings. The other few young assets you have are either on a 1 year deal or restricted free agents. Guess worst case if our owner still wants a win now veteran like Gasol then sign and trade of Jennings and Gooden and Moute for Gasol? You figure Gasol makes $19M.

Sinattle
05-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Maybe for Jeremy Lin he's just as overrated/worthless

Bravo95
05-03-2013, 02:30 PM
What would your team offer up for Jennings in a sign and trade come July 1? There's a lot of decent pg's out there. So the market could be less then what Jennings expected for a payday. He mentioned big markets last few seasons. Mentioned Dallas once, liking a owner like Cuban.

So most likely a agreement to draft a player we want with your pick could happen as well. I suggested if Dallas wanted Jennings in sign and trade. We could have a agreement of Dallas taking a player like Glenn Robinson III at #13 for us and toss in local kid Crowder as well. That's my worst case scenario. What's yours?

There was old rumors Suns were interested in either Ellis or Jennings way before the deadline but who knows now.
Not a big fan of Jennings, but I wouldn't put it past the Hawks to show interest if they aren't sold on Teague taking the 'next step.' They won't have much to offer in a trade though, since almost all of our players are on expiring deals.

RollingWave
05-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Maybe for Jeremy Lin he's just as overrated/worthless

Ehh, Advance metrics have them basically as the same player, with only marginal difference that can go either way. (Win share likes Lin a bit more, RSPM likes Jennings a bit more, but both within only marginal difference.)

Lin was only averagish this year (well he was right around the average mark set for both PER and WS/48.) but if you think that's bad and your answer is Brandon Jennings (who might get just as big if not bigger contract than Lin going forward. and is less than a year younger) there's some serious flaws with that analysis.

And if your hinging it on the knee jerk of Lin's horrible playoff performance, then again Jennings is probably one of the last guys you want to counter with in that argument, seeing that he had a game where he played 41 mins for 8 points and another where he scored 3, shooting under 30(!!!!) % from the field as the first option is more than just a little bad.

At the end of the day, if your not statistically better than Jeremy Lin, coming off knee surgery and trying to run a team put together on opening day, that's not a good sign.

Is there any way the Lakers could acquire Jennings? He'd be nice to have.
Possibly a sign and trade I suppose, the Lakers obviously have the contracts to match almost no matter which range of contract Jennings sign at, though they don't have much else to give, but I suppose the Bucks seeing a lack of options wouldn't hate Steve Nash for a year. with a 2nd round pick or what not.