PDA

View Full Version : Rose not coming back against Miami

DumDum
03-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Derrick Rose still unsure about return
Doug Padilla
ESPNChicago.com | March 27, 2013
DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose said after the morning shootaround that he will not make his season debut against the Miami Heat on Wednesday night, and with just 12 games left before the playoffs, Rose still doesn't know if he'll return this season from May 12 ACL surgery.
"Same, just taking my time and that's about it," Rose said when asked for an update on his health. "Been the same way for a couple of months now."

Rose has been medically cleared to play, a source told ESPNChicago.com on March 7, but he still wasn't confident dunking off his left leg. He's been scrimmaging 5-on-5 since Feb. 18.

"I really don't know man," Rose said. "Like I said, it's in God's hands. Every day I'm just waking up to try and be the best player, try and produce every time I step on the court, just try and get better as a player, and who knows when?"

LOOTERX9
03-27-2013, 02:06 PM
In other words, he's scared as hell to play against the HEAT

chi-townlove1
03-27-2013, 02:07 PM
I would be too if I were him. As much as I think he's a ***** for not playing at all, today would only hurt his motivation.

Big Zo
03-27-2013, 02:11 PM
But he's so humble...

NYKnickFanatic
03-27-2013, 02:14 PM

I'm sure. :rolleyes:

No need to rush back. Better play it safe than sorry. When he is ready and confident, that is when he should come back.

Tony_Starks
03-27-2013, 02:22 PM
If he's not confident yet why in the world would you play against the Heat? Play some garbage team like the Wizards or Philly it'll be a glorified scrimmage....

JC_
03-27-2013, 02:23 PM

He might be just scared to play in general. D Rose worked really hard to become as good as he was before injury and he's a hardcore perfectionist. The only problem is he needs to get some minutes so that his return doesn't become a much bigger deal than it already is.

JoeBlessU
03-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Leave it to heat fans to turn Roses’ comments into how great their team is… I don’t think there is one team in the NBA that is scared to play the heat lol.. you’re talking about basketball, nothing scary about it. Do you really think players not on the heat are like “man I am just terrified to play Lebron tonight, it is so scary” haha don’t flatter yourselves.. I do have to admit D-Rose is milking the hell out this tho, AP was dominating games this far into his recovery (please don’t say its harder to come back in basketball, sorry that’s just not true).

still1ballin
03-27-2013, 02:29 PM
I remember Kobe mentioning that Rose is one of the few players in the NBA that has the ice in his veins, the black mamba in him, the attitude and all.

Not sure I am seeing it now. I mean if doctors cleared him that means his knee is 100%. He has had a whole month to get his "mentality" in the right place. This guy needs to suit up and play!

He should come back and play against the Heat today. At least its for 12 minutes, it will give his team a boost of energy. Similar to what Kobe did, playing the next game against Indy after he severely sprained his ankle. It was only for 12 minutes, but he was there on the bench, coaching and gave the team the energy to win the game.

farren.louis
03-27-2013, 02:33 PM
DRose is starting to act like a P***. Dude the only way to get confidence is to actually play. 2. your team has played their *** off for you.

Slug3
03-27-2013, 02:48 PM
With just a few weeks left he needs to just say he's not coming back.

mngopher35
03-27-2013, 02:58 PM
I wasn't expecting him to choose the heat game to come back, but I do hope it happens soon. I really hope he comes back in a week or so and can be a little effective by the playoffs (but that is looking doubtful). I don't think it is fair when other people tell a player how to take care of their injuries or claim someone is weak etc when we have no idea how it actually affects them. That said I can only imagine the hate a player like Lebron or Kobe would get if this were them and they still hadn't returned.

NYCkid12
03-27-2013, 03:01 PM
With just a few weeks left he needs to just say he's not coming back.

This, at this point I don't think there is enough time to come back, gain confidence, and gel with the team

He's obviously not confident enough to play, so he should ot rush it...take a full summer off and come back completely healthy next season

And commenting on him being scared of the heat, I don't know if he's really scared like he don't want to play them but I do think he is scared (concerned, nervous, whatever) to play in such a high intensity game when he's obviously not 100% yet whether it be physically, mentally, or both

Dade County
03-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Only Rose can know when he is truly ready to come back, everyone should lay off of him.

NYCkid12
03-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Leave it to heat fans to turn Rosesí comments into how great their team isÖ I donít think there is one team in the NBA that is scared to play the heat lol.. youíre talking about basketball, nothing scary about it. Do you really think players not on the heat are like ďman I am just terrified to play Lebron tonight, it is so scaryĒ haha donít flatter yourselves.. I do have to admit D-Rose is milking the hell out this tho, AP was dominating games this far into his recovery (please donít say its harder to come back in basketball, sorry thatís just not true).

I think your taking the comments a little to literal..when a player chokes in a big game they are not literally choking..same thing

Anyways, I think he is nervous about playing the Heat, not because he don't think they can win or anything like that but because of all the elements that are going into tonight's game...The streak is a big story obviously and every team wants to be the team to end it...the intensity of this game will be high, probably will get physical at times, and for someone who is not completely sure about his ability to play probably would be scared to play in a game like this

They're not playing the Magic, Bobcats, etc.....there playing the defending champs and best team in the league

JordansBulls
03-27-2013, 03:06 PM
He probably doesn't want to embarrass Lebron right now, he would rather save it for the playoffs.:) He would rather Luol Deng shut LBJ down tonight. :p

corytwotimes
03-27-2013, 03:11 PM
I remember Kobe mentioning that Rose is one of the few players in the NBA that has the ice in his veins, the black mamba in him, the attitude and all.

Not sure I am seeing it now. I mean if doctors cleared him that means his knee is 100%. He has had a whole month to get his "mentality" in the right place. This guy needs to suit up and play!

He should come back and play against the Heat today. At least its for 12 minutes, it will give his team a boost of energy. Similar to what Kobe did, playing the next game against Indy after he severely sprained his ankle. It was only for 12 minutes, but he was there on the bench, coaching and gave the team the energy to win the game.

dude kobe would have been back in december lol rose has me lookin at him in a whole new light dude is a pussygirl

Hardaway Here
03-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Well I'm looking forward to a competitive game either way. I'm hoping since its against the Bulls miami will actually come out ready to play instead of sleeping for 2 straight qtrs.

JiffyMix88
03-27-2013, 03:20 PM
This, at this point I don't think there is enough time to come back, gain confidence, and gel with the teamHe's obviously not confident enough to play, so he should ot rush it...take a full summer off and come back completely healthy next season

And commenting on him being scared of the heat, I don't know if he's really scared like he don't want to play them but I do think he is scared (concerned, nervous, whatever) to play in such a high intensity game when he's obviously not 100% yet whether it be physically, mentally, or both

I believe it is enough time. He has been practicing with the team since Feb 18 so the gel with the team shouldn't be a issue. I think once he get's comfortable enough in practice dunking off his left leg he will play. I'd say he'll gain this confidence and be playing with about a week left of the regular season to get into game shape for the playoffs. No way can I see him not even playing in the playoffs.

NYCkid12
03-27-2013, 03:28 PM
I believe it is enough time. He has been practicing with the team since Feb 18 so the gel with the team shouldn't be a issue. I think once he get's comfortable enough in practice dunking off his left leg he will play. I'd say he'll gain this confidence and be playing with about a week left of the regular season to get into game shape for the playoffs. No way can I see him not even playing in the playoffs.

I think playing together in practice and playing together in games are two completely different animals

NoahH
03-27-2013, 03:28 PM
this does not come as a surprise

ichitownclowni
03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
I dont wanna be "that guy" but honestly dude get your *** back on the ****ing court

JiffyMix88
03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
I think playing together in practice and playing together in games are two completely different animals

I see where you're coming from but just knowing how tough Tom's practices are, if he can make it through those getting time to gel on the court shouldn't take as long as you may think.

You should probably read about some of the practices Tom Thibodeau holds

"Luol credits Tom Thibodeau and the way he runs practices for always having every man on the team prepared and ready just in case someone gets hurt. Thibs’ practice sessions are legendary thanks to heavy doses of repetition on even the smallest of things. So when it’s time for someone's number to be called, they already know what to do."

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/outside-shot/Chicago-Bulls-Luol-Deng-Tom-Thibodeau-182886671.html#ixzz2OlqNEaFF

sunsfan88
03-27-2013, 05:44 PM
I dont wanna be "that guy" but honestly dude get your *** back on the ****ing court
What I'm thinking too. He's starting to piss me off.

I feel like he's starting to 'Bynuming the season". He's cleared to come and play basketball by the doctors but he doesn't feel like coming and playing basketball.

Same thing with Bynum when he was milking his injury. Except Bynum actually went and got hurt later.

29$JerZ
03-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Rose should at the very least attempt to play beginning next month, that way he has a whole month to prepare before the playoffs start and they can work him back in.

If he isn't up for playing you may as well let him sit out. Last thing you want is an athletic PG who is constantly worrying about his knee on the court.

static_inferno
03-27-2013, 05:55 PM
I say he comes back in April and finishes the regular season...at least I hope so. Picked him up in Fantasy to boost my playoff run. Ignoring my selfish want to have him back it sounds like it's all up to him when he'll return. Realistically he would want to get a few regular season games in so that he has some momentum going into the playoffs for himself. The Bulls are the only legit team to challenge the Heat in the playoffs. Without Rose the Heat lock up the east easily.

6cadi6
03-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Rose needs his man-card taken away. What a joke.

Tony_Starks
03-27-2013, 06:12 PM
With or without Rose their a second round out at best. He has to think risk vs reward....

rocket
03-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Only Rose can know when he is truly ready to come back, everyone should lay off of him.
^

If the man isn't ready to come back he isn't ready. What if he came back and got hurt again. Everyone would be saying "Why did he come back so early?" blah blah.

Leave my boy drose alone

DallasTrilla23
03-27-2013, 07:34 PM
It would be so legendary if he returned against Miami and ende the streak.

Rndy
03-27-2013, 07:37 PM
^

If the man isn't ready to come back he isn't ready. What if he came back and got hurt again. Everyone would be saying "Why did he come back so early?" blah blah.

Leave my boy drose alone

Because it's easy to sit on a computer and talk ****? God forbid this be their career at stake. I never wanted Rose to come back this year so I'm fine if he doesn't come back until next year.

ichitownclowni
03-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Because it's easy to sit on a computer and talk ****? God forbid this be their career at stake. I never wanted Rose to come back this year so I'm fine if he doesn't come back until next year.

According to doctors his career is not at stake. There is no ****ing reason that he is not back by now. Overcome fear and help your ****ing team man. This is coming from one of the biggest D Rose fans on the site.

sunsfan88
03-27-2013, 08:08 PM
^

Leave my boy drose alone
Why is everyone bashing on Bynum for not playing then?

He didn't feel like he was ready just like D-Rose.

PleaseBeNice
03-27-2013, 08:27 PM
"its in gods hands"

be real with us.

rocket
03-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Why is everyone bashing on Bynum for not playing then?

He didn't feel like he was ready just like D-Rose.

Because people are stupid? You don't have to follow them.

ichitownclowni
03-27-2013, 09:41 PM
"its in gods hands"

be real with us.

Yea that annoyed me as well.

ichitownclowni
03-27-2013, 11:19 PM
I was probably a little harsh but man c'mon. I love him but him not playing real NBA ball for a year n a half is not a good thing