PDA

View Full Version : Just hear me out....

UCF2007
03-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Let me start off with this. I never post on the site, but I find it entertaining to read the latest news and opinions on this site. In fact even with all of the trolling that goes on here the opinions are fun to read I can't lie. Apparently I have been a member since 02/2010, but I feel like that is incorrect (Just saying). Let me make this clear before I express what I have to say. I am a Raptors fan, therefore I hate the NBA. Actually basketball in general. I am white, which has nothing to do about this topic, expect that I am obviously horrid at playing the game. Therefore the only true opinion I have is to watch, study and appreciate the game and its players (except Vince Carter, **** that guy.).

Now that is out of the way here is what I want to say. I read the Lakers/Heat troll threads and think they are mostly idiotic. However, I do believe that no matter what anybody cares to believe/admit you have to give it up for what the Heat are doing.

I get it. Most root against the Heat. You may hate LeBron. You may hate Wade. You may think Bosh is overrated. You may think Pat Riley is the devil. You may think how the **** a team wins starting Mario Chalmers.

I am just actually posting to implore people to just put their petty ******** aside and just appreciate what we all get to witness going on here. I have read a lot of posts on this site to guarantee at least 90% of the people that post here never saw the 71' Lakers streak. Calm down. It is okay. What we are watching the Heat do is incredible and regardless of how anyone may feel about who plays for them or how they came together should feel the same way.

Everyone now is always looking for a way to discredit any accomplishment that is great, some more than others. Biases in sports are inevitable, but if you want to in the very least look credible you can put your personal thoughts aside and be honest.

I can admit. I am not exactly a Heat hater. In fact I pull for them personally because I like LeBron, Bosh, Wade, and Ray Allen (Love UConn), also as mentioned before I am a Raptors fan so I need a backup entertainment plan.

I just want one person to reply back and give me an honest un-troll-like (fake word I know) response as to why everyone can't root for the Heat to beat the streak, or at least appreciate it. As fans we should expect greatness and it baffles me that when it is in our laps people out there will try to discredit it.

That is my rant. Granted 95% of it is probably unneeded, but alcohol and illegal uppers compelled me to post this and I truly want to know why anyone could sit there and say they think this streak is ********, unappreciated, or meaningless.

nickdymez
03-26-2013, 09:17 PM
huh?

stawka
03-26-2013, 09:18 PM
I've read in the Lakers forum that certain posters want LeBron to tear his ACL if Miami breaks the Lakers record. I mean WTF?! Is that not going overboard at all? People hate the Heat because they're so good. Kobe fans hate the Heat because LeBron is better than Kobe right now, and will most likely be in the top 5 players of all time while Kobe has no shot at that

Other fans hate Miami because of the whole decision thing. Other than "The Decision", I don't think anybody has a reason to dislike them. And the ****ing guy went out and apologised for the way he handled the FA situation

Jimmer55
03-26-2013, 09:20 PM
No, I will NOT enjoy 3 franchise players gathering together to cowardly form a dream team of sorts. No, no and NO. Sorry, bub, but I ain't impressed by the fake 'greatness.'

Verbal Christ
03-26-2013, 09:22 PM
I didnt have a problem til Lebron opened his yapper. i was actually mentioning a few days ago how he was handling it quite well and mature. Shoulda known betta!

I'm glad The Logo barked back.

GiantsSwaGG
03-26-2013, 09:23 PM
I couldn't read all of that but okay bro

bucketss
03-26-2013, 09:26 PM
I've read in the Lakers forum that certain posters want LeBron to tear his ACL if Miami breaks the Lakers record. I mean WTF?! Is that not going overboard at all? People hate the Heat because they're so good. Kobe fans hate the Heat because LeBron is better than Kobe right now, and will most likely be in the top 5 players of all time while Kobe has no shot at that

Other fans hate Miami because of the whole decision thing. Other than "The Decision", I don't think anybody has a reason to dislike them. And the ****ing guy went out and apologised for the way he handled the FA situation

lol they're so damn paranoid bro they will also find every excuse in the book to discredit lebron. wouldn't be surprised at all if they cry themselves to sleep every night.

UCF2007
03-26-2013, 09:28 PM
I didnt have a problem til Lebron opened his yapper. i was actually mentioning a few days ago how he was handling it quite well and mature. Shoulda known betta!

I'm glad The Logo barked back.

I am with you, Jerry West played on that team. I am glad he stood up for it. I think LeBron and Jerry have legit arguments for whose streak is better. To me the Heat have to beat 33 to claim that stake. Records that are over 40 years apart should be measured in pure numbers to me. 34>33 so that is the only way I would agree the Heat streak is better.

I am just curious to way people can't appreciate greatness or history happening in front of them, but would rather discredit it.

I root for my teams as hard as the next guy, but I am not willing to make myself look like an idiot to discredit something amazing. Even if I hate the team or person (LeBron) on the team.

UCF2007
03-26-2013, 09:32 PM
No, I will NOT enjoy 3 franchise players gathering together to cowardly form a dream team of sorts. No, no and NO. Sorry, bub, but I ain't impressed by the fake 'greatness.'

Just curious. I don't agree and I know it is a different sport, but would you find it cowardly that someone like Tom Brady cost himself millions for the good of the team and to win?

Like I said, I don't agree, but I won't dog the opinion. I Just fail to see the difference.

ztilzer31
03-26-2013, 09:37 PM

I can't tell if your more mad at the Heat or at how bad the Lakers are. I think it's the second one.

KnicksorBust
03-26-2013, 09:38 PM
I was going to say you lost me at "illegal uppers" but then I realized that was at the bottom so I somehow ended up reading that whole post.

Jimmer55
03-26-2013, 09:42 PM
I was going to say you lost me at "illegal uppers" but then I realized that was at the bottom so I somehow ended up reading that whole post.

lol.

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 09:53 PM

Lakers have 2 franchise players and 2 all stars.......

Just saying

JLynn943
03-26-2013, 10:03 PM
Good post. Unfortunately, most posters in the NBA are children (or at least the mental equivalent).

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-26-2013, 10:05 PM

+1

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-26-2013, 10:06 PM

Just saying
Name them!

Vee-Rex
03-26-2013, 10:06 PM
I'll give you my honest reply without trolling, dude.

The team - It's hard to be impressed when you have guys that literally took pay cuts to join together. Nowhere in the history of the NBA has 3 top 5/10 players in their prime took pay cuts to band together like they did. We've seen powerhouse teams in the history of the NBA but those were achieved through the works of the front office by trades, development, etc...

Where do you draw the line? What if D-Rose, Durant, Love, D-12, Kobe, Blake Griffin, CP3, Westbrook, Melo, and Duncan all took pay cuts to join the Sacramento Kings? Should we be impressed by any records they set or streaks they accumulate? I know that's an exaggeration, but it's done to stress my point.

I can never take away from LBJ, Wade, or Bosh's individual talent. They're all good, or else they wouldn't be champions. But I can't be surprised or awed by what they're doing now as a team, and I certainly don't think any are nearly as competitive as Kobe or MJ ever was. Lebron's got the talent to be greater than MJ or Kobe, but he will never have that killer legacy or competitive edge.

The fans - PSD is full of phony people. If LBJ and Wade had joined Bosh in Toronto all these profiles on this site would be sportin' Raptor red/black instead of Heat red/black. Simple as that.

TLDR: Good job on the Heat for a long winning streak. Am I impressed, awed, or surprised? Hell no.

UCF2007
03-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Thanks. I wasn't trying to actually compare the streaks, but rather why people would actually try an minimize it's significance. Especially when it is an accomplishment obviously so rare.

pedrofan45
03-26-2013, 10:10 PM

Just saying

This.

No matter what players are on a team, the team still needs to develop chemistry. Laker fans, don't be so blind to the fact that your lineup is still the most stacked in the NBA.

And yada yada they weren't all healthy. If Kobe is so great and should be the "MVP" as some fans state, they shouldn't be fighting for the 8th seed.

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Name them!

Do I really need to ?

Kobe and Dwight are franchise players....

Gasol and Nash are all star players when healthy... And I will give you that they have not been healthy

However, is Dwight and Kobe not enough to be more than a 8 seed?

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 10:18 PM

The team - It's hard to be impressed when you have guys that literally took pay cuts to join together. Nowhere in the history of the NBA has 3 top 5/10 players in their prime took pay cuts to band together like they did. We've seen powerhouse teams in the history of the NBA but those were achieved through the works of the front office by trades, development, etc...

Where do you draw the line? What if D-Rose, Durant, Love, D-12, Kobe, Blake Griffin, CP3, Westbrook, Melo, and Duncan all took pay cuts to join the Sacramento Kings? Should we be impressed by any records they set or streaks they accumulate? I know that's an exaggeration, but it's done to stress my point.

I can never take away from LBJ, Wade, or Bosh's individual talent. They're all good, or else they wouldn't be champions. But I can't be surprised or awed by what they're doing now as a team, and I certainly don't think any are nearly as competitive as Kobe or MJ ever was. Lebron's got the talent to be greater than MJ or Kobe, but he will never have that killer legacy or competitive edge.

The fans - PSD is full of phony people. If LBJ and Wade had joined Bosh in Toronto all these profiles on this site would be sportin' Raptor red/black instead of Heat red/black. Simple as that.

TLDR: Good job on the Heat for a long winning streak. Am I impressed, awed, or surprised? Hell no.

Ok I understand your point , 3 top 5/10 players joined together to play and they should be an elite team (they are and have been since day 1)

But it still confuses me that people can't give them credit for anything they do, are they still not a great team ? If you believe that nothing they can do is impressive then there's no point to even watch NBA

Also, (I'm not trolling so don't even start) but should we discount the lakers 3 titles with Kobe and shaq ? Since they were both top 5 players with a lot of good role players?? Should we discount Boston's title because they had KG-pierce-Allen ? What about Jordan because he only started winning titles before he had a top 50 player of all time next to him??

Every team who has ever won a title has a lot of talent

STA_PLAR
03-26-2013, 10:23 PM
I hate Miami. It is impressive. But haters gonna hate.

Vee-Rex
03-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Ok I understand your point , 3 top 5/10 players joined together to play and they should be an elite team (they are and have been since day 1)

But it still confuses me that people can't give them credit for anything they do, are they still not a great team ? If you believe that nothing they can do is impressive then there's no point to even watch NBA

Also, (I'm not trolling so don't even start) but should we discount the lakers 3 titles with Kobe and shaq ? Since they were both top 5 players with a lot of good role players?? Should we discount Boston's title because they had KG-pierce-Allen ? What about Jordan because he only started winning titles before he had a top 50 player of all time next to him??

Did Shaq and Kobe decide to take pay cuts and team up? Kobe was nowhere NEAR his prime when Shaq joined LA. Did KG, Ray Allen, and Pierce plan over the Summer and join together as free agents while taking pay cuts?

Never once did I say the Heat aren't a great team. It's how they went about joining together, and so I'm not impressed by their accomplishments. They are still in their primes, so I expect them to do the things they are doing. That doesn't mean there's no point in watching the NBA.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Do I really need to ?

Kobe and Dwight are franchise players....

Gasol and Nash are all star players when healthy... And I will give you that they have not been healthy

However, is Dwight and Kobe not enough to be more than a 8 seed?

Nash and Gasol Allstars???? :puke:

UCF2007
03-26-2013, 10:31 PM

I wouldn't agree with the Kobe-Shaq thing. Kobe was rising but wasn't top ten when Shaq came. That was just the Lakers landing someone anyone would have killed for so I would call it joining forces like Pierce, Allen, and KG originally did. I mean granted the Celtics didnt sign KG and Allen but got them through trade. If I recall correctly and if I am wrong just let me know but Pierce was threatening to leave and KG didn't approve until Allen was sent. I am not sure, but I think that is how it happened. Either way I just don't think LeBron, Wade, and Bosh should be dogged for wanting to win and taking less. They play great team ball and they win together. Wade already had his title and I think should be talked about more as a team guy for stepping down to let LeBron be the main man. Bosh was never going to win in Toronto, we just couldn't get the guys.

I believe it speaks to their character that they would rather try to win together multiple time than try and be the one guy to carry their teams to maybe one title.:shrug:

gwrighter
03-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Haters gonna' hate, it's what they do.

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Did Shaq and Kobe decide to take pay cuts and team up? Kobe was nowhere NEAR his prime when Shaq joined LA. Did KG, Ray Allen, and Pierce plan over the Summer and join together as free agents while taking pay cuts?

Never once did I say the Heat aren't a great team. It's how they went about joining together, and so I'm not impressed by their accomplishments. They are still in their primes, so I expect them to do the things they are doing. That doesn't mean there's no point in watching the NBA.

So it's about them taking pay cuts ?? Lol that's ridiculous , people always say athletes don't care about winning only money and then when they make a decision based on winning titles it's cowardly ... Lol so not only do we judge players based on winning titles but they need to win them a certain way

Also, don't act like Kobe was just another player on those teams (just ask laker fans they'll tell you how important Kobe was to those teams) ... For the 2nd and 3rd title he was 6th and 4 th in the lg in scoring .. First title he was still a 20ppg+ scorer

Yankeefan213
03-26-2013, 10:34 PM

This pretty much sums it all up, for me at least

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Nash and Gasol Allstars???? :puke:

All of a sudden Nash and gasol are bench players, beginning of the year they're talked about like they're 2 great players that will be on a championship contending team .... Now just ordinary players lol

Hardaway Here
03-26-2013, 10:43 PM
All of a sudden Nash and gasol are bench players, beginning of the year they're talked about like they're 2 great players that will be on a championship contending team .... Now just ordinary players lol

That's Laker fan logic they had a paper team in the beginning of the season.Players aren't considered "good" when they don't win. Once they started losing the excuses followed. Injured, old, bad coaches so on and so on...

Vee-Rex
03-26-2013, 10:45 PM
So it's about them taking pay cuts ?? Lol that's ridiculous , people always say athletes don't care about winning only money and then when they make a decision based on winning titles it's cowardly ... Lol so not only do we judge players based on winning titles but they need to win them a certain way

Also, don't act like Kobe was just another player on those teams (just ask laker fans they'll tell you how important Kobe was to those teams) ... For the 2nd and 3rd title he was 6th and 4 th in the lg in scoring .. First title he was still a 20ppg+ scorer

I'm not judging anyone. The guy asked for real, non-trolling opinions and I gave mine. Jordan won 6 titles while toughing it out on HIS team. He got smacked around quite a bit. He toughed it out, attracted talent through his own talent and leadership and won 6. He didn't jump ship to Boston or Detroit, take a pay cut and try to win with Bird or Isaiah Thomas.

Is Lebron one of the best ever? Yes. Is he the best player on the planet right now? Yes. Will he ever be as impressive to me as MJ, who attracted talent around him and stuck it out to win 6 titles? No.

Kobe developed into one of the best ever on a team that already had Shaq. I think my point is being missed by you. Every team that has won a championship had a lot of talent, but that talent was gained through natural means instead of players planning it all out to join together and not compete against one another.

So yes, as the Heat keep running up their streak, they'll get a lot of praise. But understandably some people just won't be impressed by it, and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

UCF2007
03-26-2013, 10:46 PM

At the beginning of the year the Lakers had 4 probable HoFers in the starting lineup. At least according to PBR...http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html Kobe an obvious lock. Howard over 80%. Gasol 61% (should be higher to me based of International play). Nash at 56%. Granted not all in their primes obviously, I just think the chemistry doesn't work. I like Gasol and Nash with D'Antoni, but they pulled the trigger too quick to hire him and to me should have went with Shaw if they were that against bring back Phil. Overall disappointing, but not as bad as the record would indicate to me.....

HouRealCoach
03-26-2013, 10:46 PM
That's Laker fan logic they had a paper team in the beginning of the season.Players aren't considered "good" when they don't win. Once they started losing the excuses followed. Injured, old, bad coaches so on and so on...

This.

Years from now, NO ONE will remember those excuses. All that they will see is Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Gasol, & MWP and 8th seed

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm not judging anyone. The guy asked for real, non-trolling opinions and I gave mine. Jordan won 6 titles while toughing it out on HIS team. He got smacked around quite a bit. He toughed it out, attracted talent through his own talent and leadership and won 6. He didn't jump ship to Boston or Detroit, take a pay cut and try to win with Bird or Isaiah Thomas.

Is Lebron one of the best ever? Yes. Is he the best player on the planet right now? Yes. Will he ever be as impressive to me as MJ, who attracted talent around him and stuck it out to win 6 titles? No.

Kobe developed into one of the best ever on a team that already had Shaq. I think my point is being missed by you. Every team that has won a championship had a lot of talent, but that talent was gained through natural means instead of players planning it all out to join together and not compete against one another.

So yes, as the Heat keep running up their streak, they'll get a lot of praise. But understandably some people just won't be impressed by it, and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

Well I personally don't care but I think it's a ridiculous double standard because you said Jordan / Kobe attracted talent through there talents....so if wade and bosh had come to Cleveland would it be different ? Because then lebron attracted talent to his team

Vee-Rex
03-26-2013, 10:54 PM
This.

Years from now, NO ONE will remember those excuses. All that they will see is Kobe, Dwight, Nash, Gasol, & MWP and 8th seed

8th seed or not, the 2012-2013 season isn't over. Not saying LA will win a title this year, but if they put something together for next year, history will remember them as doing it in their 2nd year just as it will remember it for the Heat who lost their first year.

Don't let LA fans troll you into hatin' on the Lakers/Kobe, and don't let Heat fans troll you into hatin' on the Heat/Lebron. I'm just glad I get to see the amount of talent we have in the league today and hopefully we see some crazy good games in the playoffs this year.

Vee-Rex
03-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Well I personally don't care but I think it's a ridiculous double standard because you said Jordan / Kobe attracted talent through there talents....so if wade and bosh had come to Cleveland would it be different ? Because then lebron attracted talent to his team

My personal opinion of Lebron's legacy would be higher. Obviously, so would a lot of other peoples opinions since so many hate on Lebron right now.

Understand this... all the hatred on Lebron (I don't hate on him) is because he's sooo good, it's disappointing to see him so sensitive. The man tried like hell to get rid of a tape of some guy dunking on him in his own camp (and he didn't even really dunk on LBJ all like that!).

No one cares if Derek Fisher has haters. But since LBJ has talent that rivals the best to ever play the game, we like to see the same kind of heart and when he's so sensitive it's disappointing. That's why he got haters, cause he's so damn good lol.

So if LBJ attracted them to Cleveland, I would respect his legacy more. Would I be impressed if they broke a winning streak? No, since it would still have been 3 top 5/10 players taking pay cuts and joining together in their primes.

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 11:00 PM
8th seed or not, the 2012-2013 season isn't over. Not saying LA will win a title this year, but if they put something together for next year, history will remember them as doing it in their 2nd year just as it will remember it for the Heat who lost their first year.

Don't let LA fans troll you into hatin' on the Lakers/Kobe, and don't let Heat fans troll you into hatin' on the Heat/Lebron. I'm just glad I get to see the amount of talent we have in the league today and hopefully we see some crazy good games in the playoffs this year.

Agreed , although Miami lost in the finals...granted lakers are in a tougher conference and would probably be a top 4 seed If they played whole year in the east

DallasTrilla23
03-26-2013, 11:07 PM
I loved Jerry's response.

MrfadeawayJB
03-26-2013, 11:15 PM
It's impressive but I'll be glad when it's over. The streak is all on sportscenter and it gets annoying. I agree with others that its not as impressive with how they came together. Greatness was expected from this group

mngopher35
03-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Throughout the history of the NBA there have been teams loaded with talent. Russell's celtics, the 1972 Lakers (Wilt, West, Goodrich, Mcmillian), Celtics in the 80's (Bird, McHale, Parish, Maxwell/Johnson), Lakers in the 80's (Kareem, Magic, Scott, Worthy), Bulls in the 90's (MJ, Pippen, Rodman/Grant) most of them with solid/great role players as well. There are also many that I didn't mention. Most of them are looked at as dominant teams with great players and in the end, down the road I think many will appreciate Miami as just that.

Right now there are some people who are mad about the heat but they just don't realize this is how the nba has been for a very long time. Others are mad because a certain superstar appears to be on track for the top 5 players ever ahead of one of their favorites (debatable of course). Some just like other teams that will be going up against the heat in the playoffs/finals. Of course this leads to their being a large amount of hate aimed at the heat, but there is always hate aimed at the best players and teams of every generation.

People didn't like the decision. They shouldn't have had that little pep rally for their fans and claimed they would (attempt) to win 8 titles. Lebron is a jerk unlike any athlete we have ever seen before. These heat have too much talent. They shouldn't have all taken paycuts to play together. I hate their fans. These are all things that I think will fade away over the years, especially because they have so little to do with what happens on the court. I mean look at how much the hate for them dropped after just winning one title. I mean Lebron especially still has his haters, but not nearly like it was 2 years ago (not even close).

mightybosstone
03-26-2013, 11:30 PM
No, sir. You actually don't mind it whatsoever as long as it's the Lakers doing it and they're winning. It's when other teams do it and are successful that it pisses you off. If the Lakers had that much success this season with their foursome, you'd be the first person in line to defend them joining together. This double standard ******** from Lakers fans is so ridiculous it blows my mind.

And it's especially frustrating, because I know there are competent, genuinely intelligent Lakers forums on this site. But the ignorance of people like you completely ruin it for everybody.

Hawkeye15
03-26-2013, 11:35 PM

but its cool if multiple franchise players end up together on a team that drafted them. Right?

Hawkeye15
03-26-2013, 11:36 PM
honest answer? I went through this with Bird/Magic and MJ. So many fans of the B/M era just crapped all over MJ, saying he could never live up to them, he needed to win, stats were bs, blah, blah, blah.

MJ ended up passing them. Easily. History repeats itself, even if some want to hold onto their idol.

Hawkeye15
03-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Throughout the history of the NBA there have been teams loaded with talent. Russell's celtics, the 1972 Lakers (Wilt, West, Goodrich, Mcmillian), Celtics in the 80's (Bird, McHale, Parish, Maxwell/Johnson), Lakers in the 80's (Kareem, Magic, Scott, Worthy), Bulls in the 90's (MJ, Pippen, Rodman/Grant) most of them with solid/great role players as well. There are also many that I didn't mention. Most of them are looked at as dominant teams with great players and in the end, down the road I think many will appreciate Miami as just that.

Right now there are some people who are mad about the heat but they just don't realize this is how the nba has been for a very long time. Others are mad because a certain superstar appears to be on track for the top 5 players ever ahead of one of their favorites (debatable of course). Some just like other teams that will be going up against the heat in the playoffs/finals. Of course this leads to their being a large amount of hate aimed at the heat, but there is always hate aimed at the best players and teams of every generation.

People didn't like the decision. They shouldn't have had that little pep rally for their fans and claimed they would (attempt) to win 8 titles. Lebron is a jerk unlike any athlete we have ever seen before. These heat have too much talent. They shouldn't have all taken paycuts to play together. I hate their fans. These are all things that I think will fade away over the years, especially because they have so little to do with what happens on the court. I mean look at how much the hate for them dropped after just winning one title. I mean Lebron especially still has his haters, but not nearly like it was 2 years ago (not even close).

I hope so, but it won't happen in modern time with the Bron haters. They act like Miami is the Roman Empire, while ignoring that they don't even measure up against some of the most stacked teams in history, top to bottom.

mngopher35
03-26-2013, 11:39 PM
No, sir. You actually don't mind it whatsoever as long as it's the Lakers doing it and they're winning. It's when other teams do it and are successful that it pisses you off. If the Lakers had that much success this season with their foursome, you'd be the first person in line to defend them joining together. This double standard ******** from Lakers fans is so ridiculous it blows my mind.

And it's especially frustrating, because I know there are competent, genuinely intelligent Lakers forums on this site. But the ignorance of people like you completely ruin it for everybody.

Yup. The same Laker fans complaining and discrediting the heat are the ones who will point out all of their championships (as if their teams weren't stacked too). Last year before the finals, tons of people thought the thunder would win. This year before the year started all I heard was how the lakers were too big for the heat. We constantly see people bashing bosh for being soft, how wade is declining (some even go as far to say he's not top 10 anymore) and so much more. Then in the next thread it is all about how they are all top 10 players and have the best role players in the history of the league (not even close). The hypocrisy especially from SOME lakers fans is ridiculous.

mngopher35
03-26-2013, 11:45 PM
I hope so, but it won't happen in modern time with the Bron haters. They act like Miami is the Roman Empire, while ignoring that they don't even measure up against some of the most stacked teams in history, top to bottom.

That might be true but even now the majority acknowledges how great of a player he is, which is a huge difference from 2 years ago. Winning really does cure a lot. Of course some of these posters will always and forever try to discredit him, but some even do of Jordan today. We will have to wait and see I guess, Ill enjoy watching him either way.

EDIT: I do find it funny how people talk about how they are the best team ever yet when those types of things come up in an actual thread most people think the heat would lose to multiple teams in history.

Hawkeye15
03-26-2013, 11:46 PM
That might be true but even now the majority acknowledges how great of a player he is, which is a huge difference from 2 years ago. Winning really does cure a lot. Of course some of these posters will always and forever try to discredit him, but some even do of Jordan today. We will have to wait and see I guess, Ill enjoy watching him either way.

Sure, its now the select few that live and breath his failure. I agree.

I for one, and always willing to see how a players career ends up, despite my personal feelings for them.

daleja424
03-26-2013, 11:54 PM
My favorite double standard is the one where people knock the heat guys all the time, especially bosh. There are entire threads over the last three years dedicated to fans arguing that bosh isn't a top big man. Threads about him being soft. Threads about how bosh isn't in the level of the real elite bigs.

But all the sudden when someone wants rot knock the heat bosh magically transforms into a top 5-10 player in the nba.

Lmao.

Dade County
03-26-2013, 11:56 PM

1st I would like to start off by saying, I am very impressed with the post in here...

OK, Vee-Rex,
Do you have a problem with super star players entering free agency? "meaning"... If a non super star player was a free agent, and he took a little less to go to a better team, would you create a thread about that player, and bash him?

I have notice that fans really don't like Above average players to have any kind of control, when it comes to being free to do whatever they want; and the only time a player is truly free is when they become free agents. I have notice that fanatics, turn into over protective wild animals, when it comes to a super star leaving their city.

They use words like "jump ship" and un-loyal... I mean in most cases, these players have to wait 5-7yrs.

I guess I would never get it; and here is one last thing... If Cp3 leaves the Clippers and signs with another team for less money, who gives anyone the right to go off on him, it's his life, and his choice.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-27-2013, 12:56 AM

Have you seen their stats? :facepalm:

Jimmer55
03-27-2013, 01:09 AM
Gasol is done like dinner. He is a disgrace to the sport, has been for 2-3 years. He is a sissy and the worst second fiddle on a b2b title team in the history of the NBA.

mightybosstone
03-27-2013, 01:15 AM
Gasol is done like dinner. He is a disgrace to the sport, has been for 2-3 years. He is a sissy and the worst second fiddle on a b2b title team in the history of the NBA.

Prove it. You spout off so many historical "facts" about the history of the league, but I've never once seen you back it up with factual data. Also, if you think Gasol has been a "disgrace to the sport" for three years, you're even more delusional than I thought. You're the worst kind of fan. The fan who can't show respect to the success of other teams and players and immediately throws players on his own team under the bus the second they start to decline. The Lakers are unfortunate to have fans like you.

Jimmer55
03-27-2013, 01:20 AM
I am NOT a Laker fan. I am a KOBE BRYANT fan. Therefore, I want them to win. Most importantly, I will call it like I see it on the rest of his teammates. PAU GASOFT is a SCRUB and LA made a HUGE mistake in not trading him while he still had value. He is DONE. SOFT as CHARMIN.

LeperMessiah
03-27-2013, 01:20 AM

Laker's totally would have won without him, like the year before they traded for him.

LeperMessiah
03-27-2013, 01:21 AM
I am NOT a Laker fan. I am a KOBE BRYANT fan. Therefore, I want them to win. Most importantly, I will call it like I see it on the rest of his teammates. PAU GASOFT is a SCRUB and LA made a HUGE mistake in not trading him while he still had value. He is DONE. SOFT as CHARMIN.

Doesn't make the post any less stupid.

Jimmer55
03-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Laker's totally would have won without him, like the year before they traded for him.

Like, totally. I mean, dude, you're so totally factual. Like, for real. No **** they wouldn't have won two titles without him, but this is NOW. He is DONE. Ship his *** out!

Jimmer55
03-27-2013, 01:24 AM
Doesn't make the post any less stupid.

You obviously don't watch Laker basketball, especially this year. He has been SOFT and WEAK and BRITTLE. He does NOTHING to help them win.

Avenged
03-27-2013, 01:29 AM
And the NBA forum proves yet again it can't handle any type of discussing involving the Lakers or the Heat. Also making a thread to talk about the trolls isn't going to make anything better but I do appreciate the effort -- hopefully some people read the OP.

The way this thing is headed, I am going to close this down to save you guys from more infractions and bans...