PDA

View Full Version : SO Bottom Line Will Seattle Ever Get An NBA Team Back In This Lifetime?

RocketLoc80
03-26-2013, 07:01 AM
AT first I was excited about the prospect of the Kings relocating and being the Supersonics agina but as days goes by it looks more bleak that the Kings will stay in Sactown and Seattle will be left out in the cold again? If that happens does anybody see a team in Seattle ever again? Or will they go by the waste side of Cinncinatt, KC , Buffalo and San Diego were they were phase oout of the NBA all together? Do some of you see the Seattle Supersonics forever extinct?

JiffyMix88
03-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Yep unless competition becomes more competitive to where they need to add two or more teams because I can't see them just adding one team. My reason is just because it's a even 30 teams and the conferences are evenly split can't give one side another team that would be uneven and unfair to the conference getting the extra team.

RocketLoc80
03-26-2013, 02:41 PM
So you think The Seattle Supersonics are extinct for good?

ztilzer31
03-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Nah they'll be back. Not for a few years probably now though.

Seattle is a big market place, and most owners care more about their profits. A team in Seattle=more profits for all the owners. When it'll happen is a completely different question.

JLynn943
03-26-2013, 03:20 PM
They could conceivably still get the Kings - though it seems crazy for the NBA to take a team from a city that has multiple billionaires forming an ownership group to buy the team (one already a part owner of another team and who may help expand the NBA brand globally), an arena deal in place, significant contributions from the city for that arena deal, and a dedicated fanbase.

Regardless, I think Seattle will get a team back. There is a lot of demand for one there and the city and fans got totally screwed over in the past, so I think it'll be resolved at some point.

RocketLoc80
03-26-2013, 04:31 PM
So you think the NBA BOG is gonna veto the Hansen/Ballmer Deal?

utl768
03-26-2013, 04:35 PM
the kings franchise is more valueable in seattle then in sacramento which is all the owners care about

seattle is a done deal as long as the arena doesnt fall apart

maloofs made a deal and no nba owner is gonna vote against it because when they sell there team they are gonna wanna do it on there own terms just like the maloofs

DallasTrilla23
03-26-2013, 04:39 PM
David stern needs to make things right and just give Seattle its own team.

76erEaglePhils
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
They owe Seattle big time I just can't see any reason why the Kings won't relocate to Seattle.

ztilzer31
03-26-2013, 05:11 PM
It's going to come down to a vote. The NBA has never allowed a team to move that has a legitimate offer with city approval for a new arena.

That being said it's true. Seattle team will make more money, and many owners will just see that in the equation. NBA's completely lost the Seattle T.V. market which is one of the biggest in the world. Not to mention Sonics fans are everywhere. Idaho, Alaska, a lot of western Canadians, and Seattle has a huge Japanese fan base (thanks Ichiro). Sacramento is in a crowded market.

I'd guess Sac town isn't moving, but we'll see.

True Sports Fan
03-26-2013, 05:33 PM
David stern needs to make things right and just give Seattle its own team.

You expect that from David Stern? :laugh2:

I hope Seattle gets a team in the near future, just not the Sac Kings :nod:

Guppyfighter
03-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Bucks need to get a new stadium by the time their lease is up. They could possibly be moved if they don't get a new stadium. Seattle Bucks.

True Sports Fan
03-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Bucks need to get a new stadium by the time their lease is up. They could possibly be moved if they don't get a new stadium. Seattle Bucks.

If they moved, they would probably be renamed the Seattle Sonics, so they can keep the Sonics history or whatever. They were trying to do the same with Sacramento, so I'd assume the would do the same for the Bucks.

KingPosey
03-26-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm a kings fan and I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. Please don't jinx this for our city mother ****ers!

homestarunner93
03-26-2013, 06:12 PM
The "waste side?"

KingPosey
03-26-2013, 06:13 PM
They owe Seattle big time I just can't see any reason why the Kings won't relocate to Seattle.

If you can't see any reason why the Kings shouldn't be relocated, then you absolutely have nothing to contribute to this conversation. That is just a total lack of knowledge on the topic. What a ridiculous comment.

KingPosey
03-26-2013, 06:17 PM
the kings franchise is more valueable in seattle then in sacramento which is all the owners care about

seattle is a done deal as long as the arena doesnt fall apart

maloofs made a deal and no nba owner is gonna vote against it because when they sell there team they are gonna wanna do it on there own terms just like the maloofs

That's not completely true either. The Maloofs purposefully stripped a franchise of any and all value and drive a wedge between a fan awe and their team. They obliterated the value, and still are about to sell it for a record amount of money, so value is value.

And getting a brand new state of the art facility and a MAJOR backing of huge financial geniuses can easily turn this around. The Kings have always been a profitable team from the mid 80s on.

Matrix3132
03-26-2013, 06:27 PM
AT first I was excited about the prospect of the Kings relocating and being the Supersonics agina but as days goes by it looks more bleak that the Kings will stay in Sactown and Seattle will be left out in the cold again? If that happens does anybody see a team in Seattle ever again? Or will they go by the waste side of Cinncinatt, KC , Buffalo and San Diego were they were phase oout of the NBA all together? Do some of you see the Seattle Supersonics forever extinct?

I love psd, phrases like "waste side" and "all be it" always bring a smile to my face.

What are other favorites?

NoahH
03-26-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm worried now and if i had to bet id sat sactown will kee[ their team. UNFORTUNATELY!

NateyB24
03-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Why are you guys acting like this is over for Seattle? They have a binding agreement with the Maloofs still to be voted on and if they want to they can pay however much they want for the relocation fee to up the price on there bid.

Not saying they are moving or staying in Sac but all we can do is wait for the vote Seattle still has a chance.

NBA_Starter
03-26-2013, 10:57 PM
I think they will get one sometime in the near future.