PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance Heat Choke Away The Title Because Of Fatigue of Chasing the Streak?

RocketLoc80
03-26-2013, 06:47 AM
All in all 27 straight victories is really impressive no matter how you look at it but should Heat fans be concerned about by the time they get to the postseason they will be so fatigued that a team like the Bulls in the second round, Knicks or Pacers in the conference finals or the Spurs in the finals could upset them? This should be a growing concern for Heat fans. If I was them, I kinda want to lose a game or two just too get refocused physically and mentally for the postseason run. So do the Heat pose a danger to thier titles hopes if they continue to chase the streak>?

Jesse2272
03-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Highly unlikely

Knicks21
03-26-2013, 08:08 AM
They wont choke because of fatigue.

But in relation to your question, there is a chance they will choke.

Steelers23_06
03-26-2013, 08:12 AM
This is the opposite in my opinion. No matter what they say the are obv playing for the streak. And to win 27 straight games with pressure to win each game and each team bringing their best game to the table sounds a lot like the playoffs to me. Albeit they have a lull in their schedule but man they've won more games in this streak alone then 9 teams have won all season. How can you knock something so great. We are also talking about players that are in their prime so it's not like they'll burn out like the spurs last season.

stawka
03-26-2013, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't call it choking, the Spurs match up well with the Heat and the Clippers could also do some serious damage, and I wouldn't count anybody out in the Playoffs -- Indiana, Chicago, NY and OKC included

Fatigue won't be the reason they don't win the title, matchups would be the major difference. In a way, Miami has A LOT of pressure on them this year because of this whole streak

I wouldn't mind them breaking the record and then losing straight after, to bring them back down to Earth. I don't want them going into the playoff's TOO cocky

Big Zo
03-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Fatigue? These guys are basically playing for 2 1/2, 3 quarters a night. lol

ATX
03-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Would they be less fatigued if they lost some of those games? I don't see any of the big 3's minutes increasing from their season averages, and if anything in some of the massive blowouts, the bench is getting some run.

JasonJohnHorn
03-26-2013, 09:48 AM
I find it funny how people talk about fatigue. These guys, pro-athletes I mean, never rest. They may not be playing games as often in the off season, but they work on their cardio every day and lift weights. They never get 'rest'.

If you play back-to-back games on the road with an airplane trip and little sleep, then yes, you may be tired for the second game and it may impact your performance, but this doesn't happen in the playoffs. There are sometimes THREE days between games. You body gets to rest a lot in the post season. You get to sleep, your muscles get to rest. The playoff schedule allows for plenty of rest. There is like a week between the last regular season game and the first post season game, so they will have a few days to rest. And so long as the play well in the first round they will likely have nearly a week off between the first and second round.

When athletes have a chance to make history, you take it. You play 110% when you are healthy and you should try to win every game. Rest guys with nagging injuries is fine, but resting healthy guys when a game is on the line is not acceptable.

Kobe2324
03-26-2013, 10:00 AM
nope lol, have you seen the caliber teams they have played in this strech, they have had 4 tough games at best, the beauty of playing in such a terrible conf, they will be fine

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't call it choking, the Spurs match up well with the Heat and the Clippers could also do some serious damage, and I wouldn't count anybody out in the Playoffs -- Indiana, Chicago, NY and OKC included

Fatigue won't be the reason they don't win the title, matchups would be the major difference. In a way, Miami has A LOT of pressure on them this year because of this whole streak

I wouldn't mind them breaking the record and then losing straight after, to bring them back down to Earth. I don't want them going into the playoff's TOO cocky

Am I the only one who thinks the Clippers aren't a real threat out of the West??

Anyways, I do agree that if SA beats Miami I wouldn't call it an upset but any other team and it definitely would be

To me Chicago without Rose (even with at this point) don't have a shot, Knicks don't have a shot...I think the Indiana is the only team who even has a slight chance at beating them in 7 but its very slight

But to go to your original question, no I don't think this effects the playoffs at all...as someone prevously stated the playoff schedule allows more rest than needed at time...ESPECIALLY, for a team who will get plenty of rest after they sweep the first round and wait for all other teams to finish

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 10:07 AM
nope lol, have you seen the caliber teams they have played in this strech, they have had 4 tough games at best, the beauty of playing in such a terrible conf, they will be fine

The Heat are 23-5 against the West...they'd be a top 2 or 3 team in the west also

mightybosstone
03-26-2013, 10:09 AM
I think it's extremely doubtful that fatigue from the streak would play a role in the Heat getting beat in the playoffs or Finals. Look at Lebron's minutes the last two minutes the Heat have been winning: 38 and 37.7 per game. His season average? 38.3. So he's actually playing fewer minutes on this streak than during the rest of the season. And we know it shouldn't affect Wade, who hasn't even played in the last two games.

If the Heat lose in the playoffs, it will be because they played bad basketball at the wrong time or went up against a team who played phenomenal basketball at the right time. That is, of course, barring a major injury to the Heat's big three.

theheatles
03-26-2013, 10:47 AM
They'll be fine, they will all get rest at the end of the regular season, Wade and Bosh will sit last 2-3 games and LeBron will sit the last game vs Orlando

bucketss
03-26-2013, 11:09 AM
yeah because losing will make them less fatigue.

justinnum1
03-26-2013, 11:14 AM
:facepalm:

sep11ie
03-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Kewl, another dumb heat thread.

THE MTL
03-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Fatigue? The games haven't even been close! They are winning by an average margin of 12pts.

justinnum1
03-26-2013, 11:30 AM

notice how the dumb heat threads are started by users who are not heat fans...

gwrighter
03-26-2013, 11:31 AM
They've been coasting for like 60% of the season, they'll be fine.

CHANGO
03-26-2013, 12:43 PM
1) It wouldn't be a choke act, there are some teams that can beat the HEAT and it wouldn't be so surprising. Ej. Spurs, Grizzlies, OKC, Pacers

2) Do you think they are giving 100% in every game? These guys are playing the run-run game, defending hard when they want and playing with effort when they want.

3) Fatigue? They are winning games, therefore Spoelstra is giving them days off (we talking bout practice! practice!)

4) If they were losing do you think they would be less tired? I mean, when you lose (a close game) you leave your superstars (i.e. Lebron, Wade, Bosh) until the end of the game, meaning that they would get less rest than now because now Spoelstra is resting Wade, Bosh, Lebron all before the end of the game.

So to answer your question, no.

prodigy
03-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Well D. Wade is getting alot of rest i see. I wonder how lebron feels that he's playing his butt off and Wade sits on the Bench. Lebron remembers everything. Injury Prone Wade.

prodigy
03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Fatigue? The games haven't even been close! They are winning by an average margin of 12pts.

This is true. Thats what Lebron wanted though. He wanted to win titles the easy way right? team up with two superstars and dominate the leauge.

NBA does not have a large number of teams that could win the ship like football and even baseball does. They have 2 maybe 3. Heat being one of them of course. Which is why the NBA is slowly falling.

koreancabbage
03-26-2013, 01:16 PM
This is true. Thats what Lebron wanted though. He wanted to win titles the easy way right? team up with two superstars and dominate the leauge.

NBA does not have a large number of teams that could win the ship like football and even baseball does. They have 2 maybe 3. Heat being one of them of course. Which is why the NBA is slowly falling.

you're just a bitter Cavs fan. the league is improving every year its more popular than ever. With the increased viewership every year and new countries and media outlets being exposed to the NBA, and the increased popularity and internation players in the league - the NBA is growing globally.

ATX
03-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Well D. Wade is getting alot of rest i see. I wonder how lebron feels that he's playing his butt off and Wade sits on the Bench. Lebron remembers everything. Injury Prone Wade.

Do you even know what is wrong with Wade, or are you just posting to bait Heat fans? Have you always been such a Heat troll just coming out of the woodwork, or is this something new?

ryang
03-26-2013, 01:28 PM
He's a cavs fan. Can't blame the guy

naps
03-26-2013, 01:35 PM
So losing a match or two makes them less fatigue? GTFO!

naps
03-26-2013, 01:39 PM

Bitter miuch?

NoahH
03-26-2013, 01:40 PM
They wont choke because of fatigue.

But in relation to your question, there is a chance they will choke.

+1 nothing is certain

ztilzer31
03-26-2013, 01:40 PM

Cut this ******** out. If you don't want to talk about the Heat don't go in the threads.

ztilzer31
03-26-2013, 01:43 PM

This is how it's always been lol. Look at the history of the NBA. Teams win chips in streaks. This isn't anything new.

ztilzer31
03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Like seriously going backwards it goes Heat/Lakers/Pistons/Lakers/Chicago/Houston/Chicago/Lakers/Boston/Lakers/Boston

Sure there are some guys that get one in between, but basketball having dominant teams isn't something new lol.

uptown0364
I don't think fatigue will make them choke but by playing so well they're definitely setting themselves up for a "choke" type label if they do end up not winning it all. Early in the season you'd have said the Heat were among 3 or 4 teams with a chance at the title. Now the Heat have far and away become the heavy favorite, meaning if they do somehow lose to anyone, some people will label them chokers.

ackar
Nothing is given. The Heat still have go out and WIN the title regardless of the streak or not. There is no guarantee the Heat makes the Finals albeit they have the best shot out of the teams in the east. But this why they play the games if not the title and such would be awarded by what looks good on paper.

DumDum
03-26-2013, 01:54 PM
They have to play these games anyway might as well win , we not talking about a team with a old core like the spurs or lakers . Wade 30 bosh birthday just past. They are even resting wade for gods sake close this thread or please have a hacker shut it down

JLynn943
03-26-2013, 02:02 PM
yeah because losing will make them less fatigue.

exactly. this thread makes no sense.

ztilzer31
03-26-2013, 02:18 PM
I could understand if you saw the Heat playing playoff ball already. Kind of how the Lakers have had to do to stay in contention. The thing is if you've been watching the streak, they've been cruising. They haven't played a shortened lineup or anything. LBJ I think is only at something like 38 mins a game.

By all means the Heat could end up losing, but fatigue would be nothing more than an excuse.

utl768
03-26-2013, 02:23 PM
ur not gonna start resting guys this early

todu82
03-26-2013, 02:25 PM
You never know. It's happened before, teams have gone on hot streaks in the season and crashed and burned in the playoffs. That said this Heat team is good enough to last a long time in the playoffs so we'll have to wait and see.

mightybosstone
03-26-2013, 02:31 PM
One thing worth mentioning is that it's not like the streak is the only thing the Heat have to play for right now. They only have a 3-game lead over San Antonio for home court advantage throughout the playoffs. That's most definitely worth fighting for, and they wouldn't start resting guys until they were almost sure they had that locked down. Regardless, even with the streak on the line, it's not like they've had any issues benching Wade the last two games.

But even if the Heat were to lose in the playoffs and looked tired in the process, you couldn't look solely at the streak and say "clearly that's the reason they were so tired." Because that simply wouldn't be the case.

ThaDubs
03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
LeBron said he's not focusing on the streak but more the wins themselves.

JayHunter
03-26-2013, 02:41 PM
They should have saved this run for the playoffs....I'm a die hard Bulls fan but I would like to see them break the streak.....I love seeing records like that broken doing my lifetime.

Wrigheyes4MVP
03-26-2013, 02:47 PM
God Damn I hate the Heat.

But this streak has made it painfully obvious...

They are the best.

justinnum1
03-26-2013, 03:03 PM
One thing worth mentioning is that it's not like the streak is the only thing the Heat have to play for right now. They only have a 3-game lead over San Antonio for home court advantage throughout the playoffs. That's most definitely worth fighting for, and they wouldn't start resting guys until they were almost sure they had that locked down. Regardless, even with the streak on the line, it's not like they've had any issues benching Wade the last two games.

But even if the Heat were to lose in the playoffs and looked tired in the process, you couldn't look solely at the streak and say "clearly that's the reason they were so tired." Because that simply wouldn't be the case.

Miami doesnt care about Home court advantage.

Jarvo
03-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Allen/ Chalmers will rest once if they beat the streak or lose.

bagwell368
03-26-2013, 04:14 PM
From what I've seen SAS is the only team that has a shot, but they'll have to be healthy and rested to do it.

There are no teams in the East that can do it. OKC and maybe two other teams in the West could make it a 6 game Series, but only SAS can win, and it's still not 50/50.

Now for this to play out the streak has to end soon, so the Heat can focus on what's really important - which is winning a title.

mjt20mik
03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Highly doubt they choke.

Tony_Starks
03-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Nope. The majority of the teams they beat on the streak are hot garbabe and the combined record of the teams they face for the remainder of the season is below .500. They're basically shooting fish in a barrel.

mightybosstone
03-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Miami doesnt care about Home court advantage.

Yeah, I'm not buying that for a second. A team might say they don't care about HCA, but look at the Heat's record at home and on the road and tell me they wouldn't rather play playoff games in Miami than on the road. EVERY team wants HCA in the playoffs if they can get it without risking injury to their players, and that's exactly the position the Heat are in right now.

BKLYNpigeon
03-26-2013, 04:34 PM
no.

its not like the Heat are playing injured and pushing too hard. this is the NBA, theres enough time in between to rest.

justinnum1
03-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I'm not buying that for a second. A team might say they don't care about HCA, but look at the Heat's record at home and on the road and tell me they wouldn't rather play playoff games in Miami than on the road. EVERY team wants HCA in the playoffs if they can get it without risking injury to their players, and that's exactly the position the Heat are in right now.

You don;t need to buy that. It's a fact. Miami isn't actively gunning for HCA throughout the playoffs. THey have shown they don't need it. If they lose tomorrow, they would start resting guys the next game even if it meant not having HCA in the finals.

Anyways, whoever comes out of the West is going to have at least 2 very tough series. Miami has a cake walk to the finals compared to whoever comes out the west.

Riodagoat
03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
The only player I'm concerned about when in comes to fatigue is Lebron. Dude does everything for his team night in and night out. However, during this win streak, he's averaged under 40 minute. Fatigue is out of the question for him. He's 29, not 39.

As far as the oldies such as Battier and Allen, their minutes have not been huge. Heck, even Wade is getting rest at the moment while nursing his ailing knees.

Bring The Heat
03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Gotta love the haters... They can never make up their mind on what to say anymore....

When the big 3 first got together I remember people saying "LeBron and Wade's playing styles are too similiar, its not going to mesh.... They won't win any titles or be a good team I guarantee it!"

"Heat lack a PG/Center to win a title, they won't make it"

NOW ITS...

The Heat are cowards, a bunch of superstars getting together and forming a superteam!! LeBron and Wade are just too good to play on the same team!! it's not fair and their taking the easy way out!

3RDASYSTEM
03-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Funniest **** ever in nba talk is

backup players turning allworld superduperstars

and now 'choking' turned champ turned league mvp back to choking to doing it all over again

first I had to hear it with K.MALONE against JORDAN then I had to hear it from TMAC against PISTONS to BEAN against PISTONS also to now BRON with CAVS/HEAT(first yr)

how can any player be a choker when its happened to all players of every era but some are nitpicked while others are overblown or not mentioned at all? to me BRON nor MALONE nor TMAC nor BEAN choked away nothing

choking remind me of the ring talk, not worth a ounce of weight

they just didn't get it done, sort of like how the game is played, miss or make game

BRON cant go from a choker to champ back to a choker

lastly how is it choking away a title? SPURS can beat them or at worst play damn strong in a series seeing they almost beat them with they 2nd unit earlier this yr,im also sure GRIZZ/NUGGS could play with'em,better than OKC in a 7game series..those teams have size/athletic ability plus NUGGS can match or outdo MIA in fastbreak pts so its not choking away anything, disappointing but not choking(nobody predicted MIA to win 15 in a row max preseason)

so the same team that choked away a title in 11' is now on the verge of choking away another title in 13'? but they happened to be 'clutch' in 12'? talk about hedging your bet, you cant lose this debate...you win

TheIlladelph16
03-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Funniest **** ever in nba talk is

backup players turning allworld superduperstars

and now 'choking' turned champ turned league mvp back to choking to doing it all over again

first I had to hear it with K.MALONE against JORDAN then I had to hear it from TMAC against PISTONS to BEAN against PISTONS also to now BRON with CAVS/HEAT(first yr)

how can any player be a choker when its happened to all players of every era but some are nitpicked while others are overblown or not mentioned at all? to me BRON nor MALONE nor TMAC nor BEAN choked away nothing

choking remind me of the ring talk, not worth a ounce of weight

they just didn't get it done, sort of like how the game is played, miss or make game

BRON cant go from a choker to champ back to a choker

lastly how is it choking away a title? SPURS can beat them or at worst play damn strong in a series seeing they almost beat them with they 2nd unit earlier this yr,im also sure GRIZZ/NUGGS could play with'em,better than OKC in a 7game series..those teams have size/athletic ability plus NUGGS can match or outdo MIA in fastbreak pts so its not choking away anything, disappointing but not choking(nobody predicted MIA to win 15 in a row max preseason)

so the same team that choked away a title in 11' is now on the verge of choking away another title in 13'? but they happened to be 'clutch' in 12'? talk about hedging your bet, you cant lose this debate...you win

I honestly do appreciate the effort here because you seem to put a lot of time into your posts, but I gotta be honest... I have zero clue what your position is on literally anything after reading posts like this haha.

king4day
03-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Choking is not coming through in the clutch. If they're tired they're tired. Totally separate. Miami can break the record and still have a week+ to rest guys

29$JerZ
03-26-2013, 08:32 PM
No

However if they have a 1st round series going to 6-7 games expect this streak right before the playoffs started to be the number 1 reason.

Hawkeye15
03-26-2013, 08:40 PM
they have sat Wade the last 2 games. They have 10 games left. If they don't reach the streak, they start resting Bron/Bosh/Allen, etc. If they do hit 34, they still have 3 games left, nobody will play. Their round 1 opponent will be a chump, 4-0/4-1, they wait on round 2. Round 2 will probably not be that big of a dog fight.

They will get rest. LeBron hasn't been playing any more minutes than before during this streak, and they already understand the playoffs are a marathon, not a sprint.

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 09:55 PM
gotta love the haters... They can never make up their mind on what to say anymore....

When the big 3 first got together i remember people saying "lebron and wade's playing styles are too similiar, its not going to mesh.... They won't win any titles or be a good team i guarantee it!"

"heat lack a pg/center to win a title, they won't make it"

now its...

The heat are cowards, a bunch of superstars getting together and forming a superteam!! Lebron and wade are just too good to play on the same team!! It's not fair and their taking the easy way out!

x2