PDA

View Full Version : Rank these young teams for the future

Clippersfan86
03-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Cavs
Pelicans
Wizards

Which team do you think will be the best and why? Rank the 3. Think of it from the perspective if you could be the owner or GM of these teams which would you love to watch grow and build the most.

I think most people will say the Cavs due to how good Kyrie is as a go to player and legit future superstar but I'm personally ranking them 3rd overall as a team. Both the Wizards and Pelicans have way more depth and TEAM talent. I thought this year the Wizards could have made a push at the playoffs if healthy.

1. Pelicans
2. Wizards
3. Cavs

for me personally going forward. I think the core of Vazquez, Gordon, Anderson and Davis is far superior to the Cavs or Wizards. Gordon when healthy is still a better all around player than Wall or Irving.

3iverson3
03-26-2013, 03:08 AM
Cavs
Wizards
Pelicans

Scary to think that the next two youngest teams are Denver and OKC! Oh and rockets

enitialdee
03-26-2013, 03:25 AM
Cavs
Pelicans
Wizards

Which team do you think will be the best and why? Rank the 3. Think of it from the perspective if you could be the owner or GM of these teams which would you love to watch grow and build the most.

I think most people will say the Cavs due to how good Kyrie is as a go to player and legit future superstar but I'm personally ranking them 3rd overall as a team. Both the Wizards and Pelicans have way more depth and TEAM talent. I thought this year the Wizards could have made a push at the playoffs if healthy.

1. Pelicans
2. Wizards
3. Cavs

for me personally going forward. I think the core of Vazquez, Gordon, Anderson and Davis is far superior to the Cavs or Wizards. Gordon when healthy is still a better all around player than Wall or Irving.
Speaking of young team of the future, Rockets currently the youngest team in the league, not included in your list??? From your list, I would have to agree with the Pelicans.

prodigy
03-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Just because they are young don't mean they are any good. All 3 teams have so much work to do. This would be mine though.

Cavs- Thompson, Waiters, Irving are real good players but need to stay healthy. They have a good bench if Cavs can keep those guys together. Miles, Ellington, Livingston, Speights etc... Plus they have alot of cap space and draft picks going forward.

Pelicans- Gordon, Vas and Davis are good players but health will be an issue for them also. Your leading scorer cannot be Ryan Anderson. But they have good young talent. Austin Rivers will get better too.

Wizards- John wall is a beast. He has a below avg shot which means he needs to drive ALOT and of course injury risk comes with that. So until he shoots better i can't put him or the Wizards very high. Other then Wall and Beal what else do they have? Nene is 30-31 years old.

mightybosstone
03-26-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm going:
1. Pelicans
2. Cavs
3. Wizards

It's all about who has the best No. 1 player and how well a team can be built around him. Davis will be an elite defensive talent who will only continue to grow offensively as he gets older, while Irving is already arguably a top 5 PG and has elite player written all over him. Wall has admittedly gotten a lot better this season, but he's a long ways from convincing me he can lead a team to the playoffs.

Although, I think it's a little unfair to not include the Rockets, who are the youngest team in the league and have probably the most talent of the four by a pretty good margin. Houston could be a legitimate Finals contender in a year or two with maybe one big addition in free agency.

Clippersfan86
03-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Rockets aren't included because they are already a good team and a year or two ahead of these other teams in terms of development. Imagine if the Rockets were in the east? They would likely be the 3 or 4 seed. These teams I picked are lotto teams with great pieces that need 2 or 3 more years to break out.

elledaddy
03-26-2013, 01:43 PM
The Wizards is first and it's not close. Their nucleus of Wall,Beal,Singleton and Seraphin are all 22-23 yrs old and will only get better. This year alone, w/o Wall they were 5-28 but with Wall they are 21-16. Then here is a list of teams Wash has beaten this year
OKC
ATL
NYK
DEN
MIA
PORT
CHI
LAC
BRK
MIL
HOU
MEM.

Those are pretty impressive wins. I'll probably say N.O next then Clev. I mean, Lebron couldnt get Bosh to come to Clev so how is Irving going to entice anybody

prodigy
03-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Those are pretty impressive wins. I'll probably say N.O next then Clev. I mean, Lebron couldnt get Bosh to come to Clev so how is Irving going to entice anybody

Lebron never asked Bosh to go too cleveland. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-XW90b7fgI

WITZ
03-26-2013, 06:58 PM
1.Cavs- Irving has superstar written all over him , Waiter showed Potential that made him worthy of being the 4th selection , Thompson has improved his game almost every where from last year.

2. Pelicans- Davis, Gordon , Anderson, Vasquez, if Rivers ever gets his act together thats a good group of young players. If Davis is everything he was touted coming out of college then they can be swapped with the cavs for #1 spot.

3. Wizards- Wall and Beal both real solid young players, then what ... Jan vessely :laugh2:

Bishnoff
03-26-2013, 07:26 PM
1. Cavs
2. Pelicans
3. Wizards

c.c.
03-26-2013, 07:27 PM
I think the Pelicans/Hornets but they division so tough. Its a toss up between Kyrie Irving and John Wall