PDA

View Full Version : Either Nba has some stupid rules, the ref sucks or both

ldawg
03-25-2013, 11:43 PM
This has to be one of the stupidest thing i see in the Nba. I notice if your in the paint a player can run right into you and the ref turn round and call you for a blocking foul. As a defender what is he to do? I just saw Howard got leveled bloody mouth and all the refs called a blocking foul. really? Is that the right call to make? it just dont seem right. This is not the only instance, I have seen many little players run right at you and jump into you to get the call.

asandhu23
03-25-2013, 11:45 PM
Is a Lakers' fan complaining about ref calls?

Im_in_Mia_bish
hi are u a lakers fan

ManRam
if you'd like to feel better about stupid rules/bad officiating in the nba go watch more college basketball. that **** is actually a travesty.

ldawg
03-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Its not a Lakers thing its a rule thing. It happen often to many different players trying to play defense. Its just a very strange call like u need to run out the way because if he run into you you get call for a foul.

asandhu23
03-25-2013, 11:50 PM
Did you complain when Kobe got away with thousands of these kinds of plays?

ldawg
03-25-2013, 11:53 PM
With a strange call like that it make sense why Miami is on a 26 game win steak because thats right up their ally.

ManRam
03-25-2013, 11:55 PM
With a strange call like that it make sense why Miami is on a 26 game win steak because thats right up their ally.

yes. the heat have won 26 games in a row simply because of officiating and the lakers are getting mollywhopped tonight because of officiating.

makes sense. thanks for bringing this to our attention. tremendous thread.

ldawg
03-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Did you complain when Kobe got away with thousands of these kinds of plays?to be honest i dont see that from him. He take alot of jumpers. the only thing i use to see from kobe was his elbow when he post up.

ldawg
03-25-2013, 11:56 PM
no. but they run at you. Its not abot the heat its about the call.

asandhu23
03-25-2013, 11:57 PM
to be honest i dont see that from him. He take alot of jumpers. the only thing i use to see from kobe was his elbow when he post up.

Really? you do know you are talking about Kobe right?

Slug3
03-25-2013, 11:57 PM
I mean Howard was in the restricted area, but I believe lee caught it in the box so the restricted area should no longer exist.

Dade County
03-25-2013, 11:58 PM
I don't like when a player is dribbling the ball, they can stick out/extend their free hand to shield the ball.

I don't like when the refs don't call a moving screen.

I don't like when Harden is driving down the lane, and he has both his hands on the ball, then he starts swing his arms left to right creating all the contact, but the refs still call a defensive foul.

I don't like how soft Bosh is down low.

sep11ie
03-25-2013, 11:58 PM
Lakers fan...

ldawg
03-25-2013, 11:59 PM
I mean Howard was in the restricted area, but I believe lee caught it in the box so the restricted area should no longer exist.i think nhe was out the box

bucketss
03-26-2013, 12:00 AM

didn't take to long reveal your true agenda.

ldawg
Nash slow *** get away with the off hand too

asandhu23
I don't like when a player is dribbling the ball, they can stick out/extend their free hand to shield the ball.

I don't like when the refs don't call a moving screen.

I don't like when Harden is driving down the lane, and he has both his hands on the ball, then he starts swing his arms left to right creating all the contact, but the refs still call a defensive foul.

I don't like how soft Bosh is down low.

They rarely ever call travels. When they do, its almost as if they are saying "oh we do enforce rules. thanks for asking".

ldawg
03-26-2013, 12:01 AM
didn't take to long reveal your true agenda.not about the Heat

NFLNBA
03-26-2013, 12:02 AM
well im gonna answer the question for you.....its a stupid rule but The NBA has changed though along with the NFL where defense is not allowed really. Basically on offense you just need to be very quick and create the contact even if its ALL the contact. I did see the Howard play tonight and Lee elboed Howard in the face giving him 3 stitches and was called for the foul. These bad calls happen 30x a night though. What can you do? NBA is all about entertainment now. If your name isnt Lebron or Durrant your prob not gonna get far. Thats why i love what the Spurs are doing! They dont have any of the YOUNG NBA big stars but they play as a TEAM with great chemistry.

NBA is just a pathetic league now days and it breaks my heart to see the NFL now following suite with awful rule adding and changes every year

ldawg
03-26-2013, 12:04 AM
The moving screen is one they seem to forget

asandhu23
03-26-2013, 12:06 AM
well im gonna answer the question for you.....its a stupid rule but The NBA has changed though along with the NFL where defense is not allowed really. Basically on offense you just need to be very quick and create the contact even if its ALL the contact. I did see the Howard play tonight and Lee elboed Howard in the face giving him 3 stitches and was called for the foul. These bad calls happen 30x a night though. What can you do? NBA is all about entertainment now. If your name isnt Lebron or Durrant your prob not gonna get far. Thats why i love what the Spurs are doing! They dont have any of the YOUNG NBA big stars but they play as a TEAM with great chemistry.

NBA is just a pathetic league now days and it breaks my heart to see the NFL now following suite with awful rule adding and changes every year

With NFL, its a different thing. Goodell is in a tough position. The league is being sued countlessly by former players with long term injuries now because believe it or not, its a dangerous sport.

WHODAT8o8
03-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Really? you do know you are talking about Kobe right?

Kobe is the king of the stiff arm push off

ldawg
03-26-2013, 12:09 AM

NBA is just a pathetic league now days and it breaks my heart to see the NFL now following suite with awful rule adding and changes every yearyou might be right that might be the goal to try and get a competitive balance for the lack of big men. So just have high scoring high flying teams with very little defense.

ldawg
03-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Kobe is the king of the stiff arm push offsorry dont see it Nash is the master however

ldawg
03-26-2013, 12:11 AM
With NFL, its a different thing. Goodell is in a tough position. The league is being sued countlessly by former players with long term injuries now because believe it or not, its a dangerous sport.lol only now they think it dangerous?

NFLNBA
03-26-2013, 12:14 AM
With NFL, its a different thing. Goodell is in a tough position. The league is being sued countlessly by former players with long term injuries now because believe it or not, its a dangerous sport.

I understand but the players know that its a voilent sport! Thats why we love the game! Just turning into a flag football/ 2 hand touch game. Its also not fair to the old players who played when it was a man sport still. All these QB's breaking the records because you can play defense or hit them anymore. How can a player try and time a hit on someone at that speed and then offensive player moves so you hit him with your helmet is a 15 yarder is BS. Or ive seen NUMOURUS hits that were with the shoulder pads but looked hard and bad so it was called.

NBA.....a flagrant 2 was just a good hard foul back in the good days! When defender could hand check and play defense! Ofcourse people now will have better stats cause your not allowed to guard anyone anymore. They dont call travels, moving screens ect ect

enitialdee
03-26-2013, 12:15 AM
The funny thing is that, Lakers fan actually believe the ref is against them. I mean the lakers, the darling of the nba, the leauge biggest money maker, if anything the ref should be the lakers friend..

NFLNBA
03-26-2013, 12:16 AM
lol only now they think it dangerous?

Exactly! American sports are becoming a joke! Vagina leagues!

ldawg
03-26-2013, 12:19 AM
Its a no defense zone. So the key is to rid yourself of big slow players.This new era a sf can play center the plus he can get out of the way quicker then run down court and jump into you.

ldawg
03-26-2013, 12:22 AM
rugby

NFLNBA
03-26-2013, 12:22 AM
The funny thing is that, Lakers fan actually believe the ref is against them. I mean the lakers the darling of the nba, the leauge biggest money maker..

I would not consider the Lakers the darling team of NBA. They might have more success than any team and biggest market team but Lakers time is over for a while and its been that way for a couple years now. Kobe is 34 and they are in rebuild mode soon. The Heat and Thunder are the NBA's Darling teams. The NBA is all about its young talent players

NBA you can say is tired of the Lakers.....i mean the NBA stepped in and Vetoed the ONLY NBA vetoed trade ever and also made it a priority to help small market teams. Its easy to see that

ldawg
03-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Lakers are not the darling Kobe dont get the question calls and the whole lockout was anti Lakers. Lakers are not athletic enough for this era. Meta and Nash are clearly bench players at this stage and Pau is 100% a center to slow for pf. They have to dump Pau and find a quick pg and a more athletic sf. Artest jump like two inches high.

enitialdee
03-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Lakers a not the darling Kobe dont get the question calls and the whole lockout was anti Lakers. Lakers are not athletic enough for this era. Meta and Nash are clearly bench players at this stage and Pau is 100% a center to slow for pf.

Ok, says the laker fan..

asandhu23
03-26-2013, 12:38 AM

I understand but the players know that its a voilent sport! Thats why we love the game! Just turning into a flag football/ 2 hand touch game. Its also not fair to the old players who played when it was a man sport still. All these QB's breaking the records because you can play defense or hit them anymore. How can a player try and time a hit on someone at that speed and then offensive player moves so you hit him with your helmet is a 15 yarder is BS. Or ive seen NUMOURUS hits that were with the shoulder pads but looked hard and bad so it was called.

NBA.....a flagrant 2 was just a good hard foul back in the good days! When defender could hand check and play defense! Ofcourse people now will have better stats cause your not allowed to guard anyone anymore. They dont call travels, moving screens ect ect

Concussions issue is serious. It could potentially kill the NFL.

ldawg
03-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Concussions issue is serious. It could potentially kill the NFL.MMA and Boxing aint? I mean how do they not know nfl is dangerous?

ldawg
03-26-2013, 12:46 AM
lol Kobe just ran into Bogart and Bogart got call for the foul. thats a stupid rule

4milesperday
03-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Since we can't retract all the fouls that went for the Lakers in the same fashion, i'd say it's a good call

asandhu23
03-26-2013, 12:53 AM

MMA and Boxing aint? I mean how do they not know nfl is dangerous?

MMA and Boxing has its own lawsuits.

About NFL though, they knew about NFL's risks but when it comes to a thing called Chronic traumatic encephalopathy, they did not know about it until the older NFL players started commiting suicide and started having symptoms similar to dementia and schizophrenia.

there was an article on this a while back which explains how this thing went undetected.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/01/31/110131fa_fact_mcgrath

asandhu23
03-26-2013, 12:54 AM
lol Kobe just ran into Bogart and Bogart got call for the foul. thats a stupid rule

1. Its Bogut.
2. See what I mean? Kobe, Pierce, Wade, LeBron, Paul have done this their whole career.

ldawg
03-26-2013, 12:58 AM
1. Its Bogut.
2. See what I mean? Kobe, Pierce, Wade, LeBron, Paul have done this their whole career.they have but i think Wade and cp3 made a career out of it for sure. Its like cp3 run down court thinking how am i going to jump into him. As a big that has to be pretty annoying

asandhu23
03-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Forgot to mention Iverson. He did it... a LOT.

ldawg
03-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Its like hey ref what him i suppose to do disappear?

ldawg
03-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Forgot to mention Iverson. He did it... a LOT.I think Nash did too

ldawg
03-27-2013, 08:30 PM
See what i am saying two plays Lebron jump into and run over Kirk Hinrich. I mean he plow right into the player squarely between him and the basket. I just dont see why that is not an offensive foul. You should not be able to run into people. This has to be the weirdest call.

bucketss
03-27-2013, 08:37 PM
See what i am saying two plays Lebron jump into and run over Kirk Hinrich. I mean he plow right into the player squarely between him and the basket. I just dont see why that is not an offensive foul. You should not be able to run into people. This has to be the weirdest call.

did you see hinirch hug him and drag lebron down with him?

ldawg
03-27-2013, 08:48 PM
I did after he was ran over

ldawg
03-27-2013, 08:49 PM
And it was his second time already.

ldawg
03-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Kirk better learn to get invisible quick, He cant get out of Lebron way quick enough.