PDA

View Full Version : Do The Heat Have A Shot In The Finals Against The Spurs?

RocketLoc80
03-25-2013, 10:20 PM
This is in all likelyhood the finals match up as I think I really don`t see no team out West beating the Spurs and The Heat even though it`ll be sorta tough will ultimately come out of the East. But wow it has to be asked do the Heat have a shot of beating a team with Duncan,Ginobli and Parker 4 times out of 7? They Spurs have been around for a while and they don`t beat themselves like say a Kincks, Clippers, Lakers or Thunder team. So do the Heat have a shot even with Home Court?

Rivera
03-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Yes

ryang
03-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Yes. The question is can those old men keep up in a 7 game series. Last year okc was supposed to run through the Heat. Now it's the spurs. Hopefully the spurs make it there. Easy series to win

Slug3
03-25-2013, 10:26 PM
With a series like that it pretty much could come down to just who is the healthies.

king4day
03-25-2013, 10:26 PM
I think the real question is can the Spurs hang with the Heat. I think it'd be the best possible finals matchup for Miami (Memphis would be next for me). I don't think anyone is stopping Miami.

DreamShaker
03-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Are you trolling? The East is MUCH easier. The West will be a dog fight.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Shouldn't the question be in reverse lol?

Don't get me wrong, i think the Spurs have a good shot at winning the title, wether it's through the HEAT or not, but i believe they will have a harder time defending us than vice versa

mngopher35
03-25-2013, 10:49 PM
I think the spurs would have the best chance to beat the heat, but the heat shouldn't have too much of a struggle from the east, compared to those west teams.

beasted86
03-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Do the reigning NBA champs, who are on a 27 game win streak, have the best home and road record in the NBA, the best player on the planet, and a top 10 defense have a shot at beating a Spurs team that hasn't been to the Finals in 6 years?

OP, you are transparent dude. I don't get why I am the only one here who is using common sense and can see this is not a legit thread topic.

Lakers + Giants
03-25-2013, 10:54 PM
NBA forum getting worse everyday!

justinnum1
03-25-2013, 10:56 PM
this should be closed on the basis it's the 5th dumbest thread of the day. And it's still beyond ****ing dumb.

Bishnoff
03-25-2013, 11:01 PM
I think the real question is can the Spurs hang with the Heat. I think it'd be the best possible finals matchup for Miami (Memphis would be next for me). I don't think anyone is stopping Miami.

This.

I was going to post the same thing but King beat me to it :p

king4day
03-25-2013, 11:05 PM
This.

I was going to post the same thing but King beat me to it :p

I should reiterate. I meant those are the teams that would give Miami their biggest run for their money. Same result but entertaining at least (this I just say that about the Spurs? :) )

ztilzer31
03-25-2013, 11:25 PM
It's like people are oblivious to what the Heat are. This is a legendary team right now, and they're still talked about like a bunch of scrubs.

Jarvo
03-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Only team Im scared of for The Spurs.

LakersIn5
03-25-2013, 11:27 PM
every regular season fans say the spurs are going far because they got a great reg season record but when was the last time spurs got to the wcf? like 4 years ago

Shortys4711
03-25-2013, 11:29 PM
Do the reigning NBA champs, who are on a 27 game win streak, have the best home and road record in the NBA, the best player on the planet, and a top 10 defense have a shot at beating a Spurs team that hasn't been to the Finals in 6 years?

OP, you are transparent dude. I don't get why I am the only one here who is using common sense and can see this is not a legit thread topic.

x2. LOL I cant believe this question. do the heat have a shot? are you kidding me

SportsFanatic10
03-25-2013, 11:31 PM
every regular season fans say the spurs are going far because they got a great reg season record but when was the last time spurs got to the wcf? like 4 years ago

umm last season they did.

SportsFanatic10
03-25-2013, 11:32 PM
this thread is funny though, the heat are the defending champs they are the team to beat, so ya i think they'd have a shot lol. but the spurs are very good and they're not a team to take lightly that's for sure.

kntresistheheat
03-25-2013, 11:33 PM
OMG! Are you serious?? Anyways, lets just say it would be tough for both teams in 7 game series and very entertaining. I think the grizz, spurs, and even the nuggets are the toughest challenge.

NoahH
03-25-2013, 11:41 PM
this should be closed on the basis it's the 5th dumbest thread of the day. And it's still beyond ****ing dumb.

That's saying alot too lol

I'm just SMHing at this thread. CLEARLY a bait thread.

Rivera
I didnt realize this was a serious question thats why i responded with yes lol

LakersIn5
umm last season they did.

yeah my bad forgot about last season

kingkenny01
03-26-2013, 12:06 AM
does the team with a 27 game win streak have a chance, does the team who won last year have a chance?

PacersForLife
03-26-2013, 12:41 AM
Of course they do. The question is do the Spurs have what it takes to beat the Heat. I don't even like the Heat, but there shouldn't really be any question whether or not they stand a chance against any team. I do feel like the Spurs are probably one of the few teams that have what it takes to stop the Heat, though.

bucketss
03-26-2013, 12:59 AM
lets just say every time the game comes on there would be a viewers discretion is advised message #KingJames.

bucketss
03-26-2013, 01:02 AM
nah just playin' their size and experience and the 2-3--2 format will give the heat all they can handle.

utl768
03-26-2013, 01:02 AM
heat might not lose a game in the first 3 rounds if everything breaks right

Captain Moroni
03-26-2013, 01:04 AM
Heat need to win the East first. Never know.

Captain Moroni
03-26-2013, 01:05 AM
heat might not lose a game in the first 3 rounds if everything breaks right

Kind Of words that might come back to haunt you.

Kashmir13579
03-26-2013, 01:07 AM
It's like people are oblivious to what the Heat are. This is a legendary team right now, and they're still talked about like a bunch of scrubs.

Thats PSD for ya

utl768
03-26-2013, 01:08 AM
Kind Of words that might come back to haunt you.

it is what it is

Chronz
03-26-2013, 01:18 AM

Hes not without objective measures, the Spurs do have the superior SRS and PT differential despite playing in the tougher conference. Its clear these are the top 2 teams currently, but it could be argued that the Spurs are a regular season team.

Lord Leoshes
03-26-2013, 02:18 AM
I could easily see the Heat getting to the finals with little to no resistance, but the Spurs are going to have to travel down the same road they traveled last year when they had the best record in the league, & home court advantage, & still lost..
I cant see them old guys getting there without injuries.

DumDum
03-27-2013, 02:57 AM
Change the thread name heat are champs do the spurs have a ghost of a Chance?

naps
03-27-2013, 03:16 AM
Just before I clicked on this thread I knew it was made by a troll. This guy makes troll threads on a regular basis. This thread can't be a serious question. You reverse the topic and they you got something to talk about.

RiceOnTheRun
03-27-2013, 05:33 AM
The Miami Heat have a shot to beat any professional team in the world. Any day.

That being said, the Spurs always have a realistic chance at winning no matter what. They're that good. But the Heat work too well right now for me to see anyone really blowing them out or beating them before at least game 6/7. In my opinion, the Heat's biggest kryptonite is a defensive center who can hold the paint on his own. The Heat's game is all about penetration then either scoring or passing it out to a sharpshooter but if someone can hold down the paint on their own, there's no need to double therefore making it that much more difficult for the Heat's outside shooters to hit their marks. Even with Lebron's improved post game and physical dominance, he just can't match up against a big 7'0+ guy on his own. Dwight Howard is and will be his kryptonite but luckily for him, he's stuck on the 8th seed Lakers who have to go through either OKC/SA in the first round. Tim Duncan is great but he's also old, keeping Lebron down single-handedly for 6-7 games straight after an entire playoff run would be impressive if not impossible. Tony Parker is also based on his penetration and he's definitely one of the best in the world at it. The Heat's aggressive defense will be put to the test to see how much they can keep on their men. Any slip-ups and it's another open man for Tony Parker to pass out to. Manu Ginobili is arguably a better shooter than D-Wade but he's also older as well. A healthy D-Wade should give him trouble but the Spurs aren't a top 10 defense for no reason so it's not going to be a piece of cake for him either.

All in all, this should be a nice matchup should it happen. I'm still more for the OKC/Heat rematch but I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest with this either.

Sly Guy
03-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Dunno why people complain about the NBA forum these days. All the butthurt fans on all sides are sources of endless entertainment.

ChitownBears22
03-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Spirs won't make it out of the second round.

ManningToTyree
03-27-2013, 11:05 AM
You worded this backwards.

mightybosstone
03-27-2013, 11:21 AM
This thread almost comes off as trolling because of how ignorant it sounds. Yes, the Spurs are a good team and would be probably the toughest matchup for Miami if they were to reach the Finals. But OP completely glossed over the fact that Miami has been in the Finals the last two seasons and the Spurs have only been in the WCF once in the last four years and haven't been in the Finals since 2007. If the Spurs couldn't get past teams like OKC, Memphis and Nash's Suns, why should they be the favorites against the defending champions? That makes absolutely zero sense.

Knick_Fever
03-27-2013, 11:49 AM

Dont get too hung up on that streak. Impressive yes, but just put some thought into the series and you'll see why the Spurs have a legitmiate shot at upsetting Miami in 6. They pose as a horrible matchup for the Heat, so if you're a miami fan you're praying for the Thunder again. Matchups are everything.

mightybosstone
03-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Dont get too hung up on that streak. Impressive yes, but just put some thought into the series and you'll see why the Spurs have a legitmiate shot at upsetting Miami in 6. They pose as a horrible matchup for the Heat, so if you're a miami fan you're praying for the Thunder again. Matchups are everything.

Do the Spurs have a shot at upsetting the Heat? Yes, but it's not the other way around. You don't question whether the favorite can beat the underdog. You question whether they underdog can beat the favorite. That's the point the poster was trying to make, and the reason why this thread is a little ridiculous.

No matter the matchup, you can't look at that series and tell me the Heat should be the underdogs.

ElChinoLatino
03-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Yes. The question is can those old men keep up in a 7 game series. Last year okc was supposed to run through the Heat. Now it's the spurs. Hopefully the spurs make it there. Easy series to win

Lol if I remember correctly, you said the same thing in '11 about the Mavs. Also if I remember correctly, the Heat almost lost to the Spurs who were without Manu, Parker, Duncan, Green, Jackson, and Leonard lol. Lets also remember that last season was a shortened and compressed season, making it a lot harder for veterans to play through every game.

rocket
03-27-2013, 12:30 PM
It should be "Does anyone have a shot against the Heat?"

pacofunk64
03-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Shouldn't it be the other way around? Does {insert team} have a shot against the Heat?

Stinkyoutsider
03-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Honestly, I would be surprised if they got past OKC to get into the finals. And if they did, I think the real question would be whether the Spurs could handle the Heat in a series?

I don't think the Spurs match up quite as well with the Heat even though the Spurs can take advantage of their talent at center with Duncan and at point guard with Parker. I think the Heat's strength is playing half court defense which will give the Spurs trouble. And, how will the Spurs take away the Heat's fast break, with 2 of the best fast break finishers in the league?

I really think the Thunder and Heat might do a re-run of last year and play in the finals again this year. Durant is even better this year so it's going to be a great matchup...

Tony_Starks
03-27-2013, 01:00 PM
The Spurs biggest problem isn't the Heat it'll be surviving the West healthy. The Heat will be in the finals chillin, probably with a week off after they breeze through the pathetic east.

The Spurs are going to have to fight tooth and nail to get there but if they do I'll take the Spurs in 7.

miller74
03-27-2013, 01:07 PM
I think you should reverse those the 2 teams in the title

lavilevi23
03-27-2013, 01:16 PM

This.

KnicksorBust
03-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Debating if I should be the 10th person to say the title should be in reverse... :)

Listen. I love the Spurs. I think Pop is top 3 coach of all-time. Duncan is still producing at a high level. Parker took ANOTHER step forward. Guys like Splitter and Leonard have stepped up and are legit options. If they make it to the Finals... I do believe the Spurs are one of the 3 hardest teams for Miami to beat. But that's why it's the wild wild west because I can't even start talking about the Finals without thinking "if they even make it..." The Thunder are neck and neck for the top of the conference. The Grizzlies and Nuggets are a tough out and I've been selling out on the potential of the Clippers all season long.

The biggest issue to me with the Spurs is AGAIN this is a seaon where Duncan/Parker/Manu have played in around 80% of the games. I understand that's partially by design but it's also partially because they can't give 100% for a full season. That can easily hurt them come playoff time.

Kobe2324
03-27-2013, 01:34 PM
as much as i hate the heat im going to be honest, yes of course they have a shot, luckily for them the toughest competition for the spurs is in the west so the Heat could get lucky and get OKC again. I do think the spurs would win the finals if that was the matchup but I still give the heat a good chance of winning it as well

Munkeysuit
03-27-2013, 01:39 PM
San Antonio has a chance to win 2 games at best against Miami...if you were to ask me this question 2 years ago I might have said YES to win the entire series...but not this year and anytime soon for that matter, Miami has tasted blood, they know what they have to do to win and win it all!
The scary thing about the Heat is that there never seems to be any game plan, its kind of just take the opponents best punch, adjust and counter with a knockout blow.

kswissdaf
03-27-2013, 02:15 PM
The title of the thread....I see what you did there

DumDum
03-27-2013, 02:21 PM
The toughest competition is still OKc they made it to the finals the spurs didn't

farren.louis
03-27-2013, 02:31 PM
1thing the heat cant beat is ball movement

Knick_Fever
03-27-2013, 02:49 PM
This is in all likelyhood the finals match up as I think I really don`t see no team out West beating the Spurs and The Heat even though it`ll be sorta tough will ultimately come out of the East. But wow it has to be asked do the Heat have a shot of beating a team with Duncan,Ginobli and Parker 4 times out of 7? They Spurs have been around for a while and they don`t beat themselves like say a Kincks, Clippers, Lakers or Thunder team. So do the Heat have a shot even with Home Court?

He** No!

Hardaway Here
03-27-2013, 03:17 PM
1thing the heat cant beat is ball movement

Where is the proof of this? Cuz they are one of the best defensive teams in the league that always have a chance to steal going through the passing lanes so once again wheres the proof. I could easily say 1 thing spurs can't beat is fade away jumpers see how easy it is to say a baseless statement.

3RDASYSTEM
03-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Im waiting for the matchup of SPURS-HEAT

Then so I can hear most of psd knuckleheads scream and pout about how they beat the young and not so ready DURANT led OKC squad and now will beat down whatever is left of the SPURSof and plus a mediahype spinoff of 07' series where BRON will get his revenge after being swept, imagine the 'hype', unreal

trust me, this is the encore from the yr of BRON

and he still wont be done, he will take out the 'tweener' following yr after this, the one team who isnt too young and not too old

kdspurman
03-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Miami is the favorites overall and should be until proven someone can beat them in a 7 game series. Same goes for OKC in the West. They're the defending WCF Champs. Plain and simple... & obviously with the way Miami is playing at the moment, there's no question they can't hang with anyone. Sure some teams match up better with them than others, but someone has to beat em'.

RocketLoc80
03-29-2013, 02:03 AM
Upping

Hawkeye15
03-29-2013, 02:05 AM
prolly

RocketLoc80
03-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Do The Heat Still Get The Best Record

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Heat are winning the championship. Unless someone gives Lebron a Tonya Harding. :(