PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets or Heat?

DChibes
03-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Both teams are on increadible runs right now. The Heat has won 26 in a row and Denver has won 15 in a row.

So my question is what teams feat is more impressive as of right now?
I feel that what the Nuggets are doing is more of an accomplishment. When you look at the Heat, you expect them to rattle off 26 in a row. They have three all-stars plus deadly 3-point shooters. They are an all-star team and should be winning every game. The Nuggets however are not an all-star team. They do not have a LeBron James that can take the ball and go 1 on 1 with any other player and score. Iggy is the closest thing to a super star they have and there are plenty of defenders that could lock him down.

What I am saying is that the Nuggets are playing great basketball and with their strength of schedule (beating the Thunder twice, Knicks, Grizzlies, Bulls, Clippers, Lakers) and the team of Iggy, Lawson, Faried, Koufos, Gallinari, with out a solidified superstar, they are the more impressive streak as opposed to the Heat (beating the Thunder, Clippers, Bulls, Lakers) while having LeBron, Wade, Allen, Bosh, Chalmbers.

Greet
03-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Heat, and there isn't really a question about it.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Both teams are on increadible runs right now. The Heat has won 26 in a row and Denver has won 15 in a row.

I feel that what the Nuggets are doing is more of an accomplishment. When you look at the Heat, you expect them to rattle off 26 in a row. They have three all-stars plus deadly 3-point shooters. They are an all-star team and should be winning every game. The Nuggets however are not an all-star team. They do not have a LeBron James that can take the ball and go 1 on 1 with any other player and score. Iggy is the closest thing to a super star they have and there are plenty of defenders that could lock him down.

What I am saying is that the Nuggets are playing great basketball and with their strength of schedule (beating the Thunder twice, Knicks, Grizzlies, Bulls, Clippers, Lakers) and the team of Iggy, Lawson, Faried, Koufos, Gallinari, with out a solidified superstar, they are the more impressive streak as opposed to the Heat (beating the Thunder, Clippers, Bulls, Lakers) while having LeBron, Wade, Allen, Bosh, Chalmbers.

:facepalm:

EDIT: as a matter of fact this thread in itself deserves a facepalm. so dumb...

D-Leethal
03-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Heat is almost double. Its way more impressive, 1-2 teams go on 15 game winning streaks every year. I will say Nuggets have faced the tougher competition though and haven't had as many freebies along the way. Heat also barely squeaked out a bunch of W's against crappy teams too but its hard to not take a foot off the gas when a team like Orlando or Cleveland comes on the schedule after 20+ straight wins.

tp13baby
03-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Coming from a die hard Nuggets fan, the heat.

Big Zo
03-25-2013, 02:47 PM
The 2nd longest streak of all-time, vs. the third best streak this season? Some people...

MetroMan
03-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Heats easily

mightybosstone
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
A 15-game winning streak isn't that rare. 18 teams have won at least 17 games and the Nuggets have only won 15. And if you want to compare a great streak to the Heat's, compare the Rockets' 22-game streak in 2008 to the Heat's. THAT one was comparable and arguably more impressive because of the injury to Yao 12 games into the streak and how new that team was. Here's an article I wrote on the Rockets streak and how it compares to Miami for the Rockets' Sports Nation blog:

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/3/23/4139454/2008-rockets-streak-every-bit-as-impressive-as-heats

mngopher35
03-25-2013, 02:52 PM

Why mention the grizzlies and knicks for the nuggets but not the heat?

Heat have beaten: Rockets, LAL, LAC, OKC, Atlanta (twice), Chicago, Memphis, NYK, Indiana, Boston

Nuggets have beaten: LAL, OKC (twice), Atlanta, LAC, NYK, Memphis, Chicago

I think that the heat have had the betterand more impressive streak.

NYKnickFanatic
03-25-2013, 02:53 PM
:facepalm: is back?

EDIT: Oh it is. Cool.

Both are very impressive, but obviously the Heat are far more impressive.

If they were BOTH on the same exact win streak, or a closer within each other, it would make more sense to ask this.

NoahH
03-25-2013, 02:53 PM
People are always trying to knock the HEAT and justify their accomplishments. SMH

NYKnickFanatic
03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
People are always trying to knock the HEAT and justify their accomplishments. SMH

Calm down buddy, no need to get emotional. Anyone with a brain knows that what they are doing is incredible. Obviously you know it, so just laugh it off and enjoy their historic moment.

ManningToTyree
03-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Heat obviously

Sly Guy
03-25-2013, 02:59 PM
lol, no one expects to win 20+ in a row, I don't care who's on the team. The nuggets may have faced tougher competition, but the heat have won like 10 more, and in the NBA, any team can beat anybody at any time, so I think the heat's streak is more impressive.

ATX
03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Im going to have to go with the much longer streak...Is this a serious question?

king4day
03-25-2013, 03:09 PM
This was debated already and went off topic just like this one ultimately has. The Heat have 11 more consecutive wins. Even if they were all against crappy teams, you still have to win. It's Miami because 26 is a greater # than 15 and the two numbers aren't even close to each other.
Closing this one.

Old thread:
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?809641-Which-streak-is-more-impressive-Denver-or-the-Heat/page2