PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Disses LAKERS 71' RECORD.."league is more stronger today"

LOOTERX9
03-25-2013, 01:43 AM
Last night Lebron said that the league's competition is stronger now than when the 71' Lakers had their streak because the ABA was separate from the NBA and not all the great players played in the NBA at that time. So lebron basically Just smacked Walt Clyde frazier's comments down bout the Heat playing in a watered down league unlike the 71' Lakers.

Lebron is an arrogant person but I actually agree with him this time on this point he made.

ugafan
03-25-2013, 01:44 AM
He's right.

SportsFanatic10
03-25-2013, 01:44 AM
lol

MetroMan
03-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Easiest east conference everrrr

DoMeFavors
03-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Still rude to put down Lakers winning streak like that.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-25-2013, 01:49 AM

^

Guppyfighter
03-25-2013, 01:49 AM
More stronger.

He wasn't an English Major.

LOOTERX9
03-25-2013, 01:51 AM

yeah but that 1971 nba was a complete joke. how many teams were actually in the nba then? and the ABA had half the top basketball players at the time. Also i respect kobe's 81 point game more than wilt's 100 point game.

Cromedome
03-25-2013, 01:52 AM
Looks like Lebron and I drank the same kool-aid this weekend.

Mr_Jones
03-25-2013, 01:55 AM
Did Lebron say more stronger? Or did you say more stronger?

NeverSayNevur
03-25-2013, 01:56 AM

More stronger in 71'

DoMeFavors
03-25-2013, 01:56 AM
Its not the easiest eastern conference ever that was like 06 and 07

LOOTERX9
03-25-2013, 01:57 AM

yeah it is kinda rude he probably should just let others say that type of stuff for him even though he's thinking it. Especially since jerry west said he's happy for the HEAT during this streak

Cal827
03-25-2013, 01:58 AM
He's right.

Every single thing about the Lakers is completely overrated.

P.s. Don't think otherwise mods, that last sentence was for the intention of baiting.

LOOTERX9
03-25-2013, 01:59 AM

lebron said today's league is more stronger than 1971. I'm paraphrasing though. But it's pretty close to what he just said

WITZ
03-25-2013, 02:00 AM

Yup so many of the top eastern teams are missing their best players & "More Stronger" what an idiot :laugh:

t_money25
03-25-2013, 02:01 AM
He's right.

Vinny642
03-25-2013, 02:02 AM
He is correct

LOOTERX9
03-25-2013, 02:14 AM
Yup so many of the top eastern teams are missing their best players & "More Stronger" what an idiot :laugh:

well lebron actually said the competition wasn't as strong back then as it is today.

WITZ
03-25-2013, 02:16 AM
well lebron actually said the competition wasn't as strong back then as it is today.

Oh just saw that you were paraphrasing so i take the 2nd comment back, but the 1st still stands.

Hellcrooner
03-25-2013, 02:16 AM
More.
Stronger?

Even i know that is not right.

And you cant do Typos with your mouth.

SwatTeam
03-25-2013, 02:26 AM
I'm sorry but you kids that comment that the East is the weakest conference ever for this year have crappy memories or because you probably weren't actual basketball fans during the early 00's.

I implore you to check out the Eastern Conference of years past that included the Jason Kidd New Jersey Nets representing the East in the NBA finals in 2002 and 2003. Those were some weak years. In 03' the best team in the East (Pistons) only won 50 games and the Nets (49 wins) actually won the ECF.

No doubt this year the East is weak. But its weak due to injuries not due to talent. That's not the Heat's fault that other teams can't stay healthy. Regardless, the East still might produce a team with the best regular season record this year.

mngopher35
03-25-2013, 02:34 AM
More.
Stronger?

Even i know that is not right.

And you cant do Typos with your mouth.

The op admitted that was his own wording, not Lebrons. Also, can't do typos with your mouth? So your implying that you have never misspoke in your entire life?

DumDum
03-25-2013, 02:43 AM
Players weren't as good back then. I'm sure Pat Riley cool with the commemt as long as they win another championship this year

lajoie
03-25-2013, 02:48 AM

Rude for Lebron to dunk on Terry like that too.

setman2000
03-25-2013, 03:25 AM
The east is a joke, no way Heat have this streak if they play in the west. How many 40 win teams have they beat during the streak?

ThaDubs
03-25-2013, 03:42 AM
Until around the 80's/90's the NBA was pretty much skinny white dudes so LeBron is right.

The goods
03-25-2013, 03:50 AM
AThis coming from a guy who joined 2 other stars in their prime? Shut your ****in mouth crab dribble.

HowFit
03-25-2013, 04:20 AM
He's right...

ryang
03-25-2013, 04:26 AM
Don't know Setman But the Heats record against the west is something like 25 and 5. Our record is better against the west then the east.

naps
03-25-2013, 04:29 AM

Your point? Do you know Heat's record against west? Or you are gonna act just like another kobephile?

ESaady
03-25-2013, 04:42 AM
More stronger.

Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldTtmeYzOgo

setman2000
03-25-2013, 04:45 AM
Don't know Setman But the Heats record against the west is something like 25 and 5. Our record is better against the west then the east.

During this streak the Heat have beaten a whopping 4 teams that have at least 40 wins as of today. Most teams have played about 70 games to this point so 40 wins by now is not a big number. Lebron comments that teams were weaker during the Lakers streak yet the vast majority of the Heats wins have come against average-to-below average teams. Kinda weakens his argument huh?

The Nuggets, without one player voted to the all star team, have the more impressive streak based on level of opponents and the fact they're doing it without hall of famers. And I'm not saying the Nuggets are as good as the Heat, that's what makes their streak more impressive!

ryang
03-25-2013, 04:50 AM
During this streak the Heat have beaten a whopping 4 teams that have at least 40 wins as of today. Most teams have played about 70 games to this point so 40 wins by now is not a big number. Lebron comments that teams were weaker during the Lakers streak yet the vast majority of the Heats wins have come against average-to-below average teams. Kinda weakens his argument huh?

The Nuggets, without one player voted to the all star team, have the more impressive streak based on level of opponents and the fact they're doing it without hall of famers.
But our record is 25 and 5 against the west. We also beat the western conference champs in the Finals. The west isn't as crazy as you make it out to be. Are you saying this streak is not impressive? I for one could care less about this streak. I'd rather lose a few before the playoffs. Who cares. We are winning (that's better then losing) and the playoffs are all that count.

setman2000
03-25-2013, 05:00 AM
But our record is 25 and 5 against the west. We also beat the western conference champs in the Finals. The west isn't as crazy as you make it out to be. Are you saying this streak is not impressive? I for one could care less about this streak. I'd rather lose a few before the playoffs. Who cares. We are winning (that's better then losing) and the playoffs are all that count.

They're 23-5. The west has 5 teams with at least 47 wins, the east has 1. Don't even pretend the east is comparable to the west. The east may have the best team but other than that it's a joke, as usual. If Miami played in the west it's not likely they would have 55 wins right now. May even be a 3 seed.

KniCks4LiFe
03-25-2013, 05:25 AM
LeBron is right. Rude but right. 1971-72' overrated.

http://i46.tinypic.com/o60ew3.png

ldawg
03-25-2013, 07:18 AM
the nba is watered down. Night in night out you have a bunch of sorry games on.

BALLER R
03-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Well then better beat that record.

t_money25
03-25-2013, 08:34 AM
They're 23-5. The west has 5 teams with at least 47 wins, the east has 1. Don't even pretend the east is comparable to the west. The east may have the best team but other than that it's a joke, as usual. If Miami played in the west it's not likely they would have 55 wins right now. May even be a 3 seed.

Yea right.....even you don't believe what you just wrote. You can slice it up anyway you want to try and discredit this streak but the heat have the second longest streak in NBA history. Weak east or not only one other team in NBA history has a streak this long. Give them credit and let the hate go. To say they would be a 3 seed if they were in the west is comical.

SteBO
03-25-2013, 08:38 AM
I'd like to see the actual quote, but he's kinda right here...not really much to argue here imo.

koreancabbage
03-25-2013, 08:45 AM
if he says that, they better beat the record.

barreleffact
03-25-2013, 08:48 AM
To everyone saying he is right, how many injured stars do we have this year? The east is wide open, but right now the only truley healthy teams are OKC and MIA that have shots at the title. If the strong league then was the ABA it's team injuries now. Moot point Lebron IMO especially after leaving to have most of the top talent on your team.

mjm07
03-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Lebron's right.

Lots of female posters in this thread.

FraziersKnicks
03-25-2013, 09:16 AM
LeBron's just reiterating what the majority of PSD always say... He's right.

ATX
03-25-2013, 09:22 AM
There were only 17 teams in the NBA at that time. Clearly the league has grown, especially with talent. There have been many positive things James has had to say in regards to that 33 game streak and it's players. He understands the history of the game, and hasn't said anything to provoke more bashing...But hey this is PSD, people will fault anything and everything to tear a man down from his success. Sad

JasonJohnHorn
03-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Well firstly, somebody needs to diss LBJ on his fawking grammar. It's not "more stronger", it's simply stronger. Also, it wasn't the 71 Lakers, it was the 72.

Secondly, there were fewer teams back then so the talent was denser, or as LBJ would say "more denser". Where there as many great players? Maybe not, but there were far fewer teams so there was more talent on each team than there is now.

And there were some great players back then; Kareem, Unseld, Cowen, Thurmond, Lanier.

And there weren't any teams as bad as the Bobcats back then.

LBJ doesn't know what he's talking about. He should pay more respect to the guys that came before him.

oak2455
03-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Lebron = not bright ;)

koreancabbage
03-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Well firstly, somebody needs to diss LBJ on his fawking grammar. It's not "more stronger", it's simply stronger. Also, it wasn't the 71 Lakers, it was the 72.

Secondly, there were fewer teams back then so the talent was denser, or as LBJ would say "more denser". Where there as many great players? Maybe not, but there were far fewer teams so there was more talent on each team than there is now.

And there were some great players back then; Kareem, Unseld, Cowen, Thurmond, Lanier.

LBJ doesn't know what he's talking about. He should pay more respect to the guys that came before him.

you're right, pay respect to the history of basketball and what Lebron said was disrespectful but he is right. The league is stronger b/c of the players. Basketball, collectively, is better nowadays - skill wise and athletic wise. Even the worse team in the NBA can beat the best team on any given night. so that is a moot point that you bring up in the Bobcats.

Lebron is correct other than disrespecting the history of the game.

Big Zo
03-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Well firstly, somebody needs to diss LBJ on his fawking grammar. It's not "more stronger", it's simply stronger.

The OP said he was paraphrasing. Until I hear it come from LeBron, I'm gonna give the OP credit for that one.

ATX
03-25-2013, 09:51 AM
The OP said he was paraphrasing. Until I hear it come from LeBron, I'm gonna give the OP credit for that one.

This, I heard those comments yesterday on ESPN, and I don't recall him saying "More stronger". That's the OP right there. Not that this has anything to do with anything though. The league is stronger today, so I don't see what the big deal is. I've heard him praise that streak and it's players on more than one occasion. He's not "Hating on them at all", just stating an opinion that I feel most would share.

NYCkid12
03-25-2013, 09:58 AM

The Nuggets, without one player voted to the all star team, have the more impressive streak based on level of opponents and the fact they're doing it without hall of famers. And I'm not saying the Nuggets are as good as the Heat, that's what makes their streak more impressive!

In 71-72, there were 8 teams in all of basketball with a record over .500 alone

hugepatsfan
03-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Whoever said "more stronger" deserves ridicule.

justinnum1
03-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Lebron's right.

Lots of female posters in this thread.
Tons.

Slug3
03-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Did anyone actually take the time to watch what he said? He was referring to how back then there was the NBA and the ABA and how a lot of the talent was in the ABA as well. He also goes on to say he isn't taking anything away from the Lakers because winning 33 games is still winning 33 games.

NYCkid12
03-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Did anyone actually take the time to watch what he said? He was referring to how back then there was the NBA and the ABA and how a lot of the talent was in the ABA as well. He also goes on to say he isn't taking anything away from the Lakers because winning 33 games is still winning 33 games.

stop trying to tell the whole story.....much more interesting to PSD to take comments out of context

Jamiecballer
03-25-2013, 10:26 AM
lebron should have kept his mouth shut on this one but he's right.

mightybosstone
03-25-2013, 10:31 AM
The east is a joke, no way Heat have this streak if they play in the west. How many 40 win teams have they beat during the streak?

They've beaten 11 teams that are currently playoff bound right now: Houston, Clippers, Lakers, Thunder, Hawks twice, Bulls, Grizzlies, Knicks, Pacers, Bucks and Celtics. That's five of the West's eight playoff teams, so let's not sit and here and try to pretend the Heat haven't bean tested by the best in the West. However, I am curious to see how they fare against San Antonio this week, because that could be the game that stands between them and history.

trojanman14
03-25-2013, 10:37 AM
shut ur mouth

mightybosstone
03-25-2013, 10:45 AM
shut ur mouth

"But I'm just talking bout Lebron."

"We can dig it."

maddBat
03-25-2013, 10:54 AM
hes right tho. the talent in the nba has gotten "more stronger" throughout the years. it seems now a days that you need a super team to get far into the playoffs. the most recent 1 star team that comes to mind to take their team to the finals was dwight with orlando in 2009. that will probably be the last time a 1 star team goes that far.

ATX
03-25-2013, 11:01 AM
They've beaten 11 teams that are currently playoff bound right now: Houston, Clippers, Lakers, Thunder, Hawks twice, Bulls, Grizzlies, Knicks, Pacers, Bucks and Celtics. That's five of the West's eight playoff teams, so let's not sit and here and try to pretend the Heat haven't bean tested by the best in the West. However, I am curious to see how they fare against San Antonio this week, because that could be the game that stands between them and history.

You and me both! Can't wait for that game. I would totaly go to that game if it wasn't on Easter. Too many family commitments.

mightybosstone
03-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Does anyone have a link to the actual interview? I'm curious to see how Lebron said this with actual context.

mdm692
03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
They beat some good teams during that streak don't act stupid and pretend they've been only playing the Bobcats, Magic and Wizards, who also happen to have beaten the Heat if I'm not mistaken.

mdm692
03-25-2013, 11:39 AM

First of all you need to work on your reading comprehesion because the op clearly stated he was paraphrasing meaning he was the one that made a mistake. Secondly, you need to STFU and enjoy history.

LOOTERX9
03-25-2013, 11:39 AM
In 71-72, there were 8 teams in all of basketball with a record over .500 alone

And this right here says it all. Plus There were only 17 teams in the NBA back then. Only 8 of them with above 500 records and there was another pro league (ABA) That had lots of the top talent. Like I said I even respect kobe's 81 point game more than wilt's 100 point game

MiamiBoy77
03-25-2013, 11:47 AM

Where there as many great players? Also, don't start a paragraph with and, it's not proper. You did it twice. And Firstly?? Not sure that's a word either. Maybe try First off, in the beginning, to open my statement I would like to say, or something along those lines.

Please don't criticize Lebron's grammar, when it was obviously the OP's error and you made mistakes as well.

ManRam
03-25-2013, 11:47 AM
It's not a diss. It's factually correct. If you saw the whole interview you'd see he was just answering a question, and continually made it clear he wasn't trying to discredit that old record.

He kept saying "I'm not trying to discredit them" and so on. And he clearly wasn't.

Back then, the leagues were separate. It wasn’t a full league at that time, the ABA and NBA leagues spread apart,’’ James said about 1971-72. “So some of the greatest players weren’t even in the (NBA) at the time. But … that takes nothing away from what (the Lakers) were able to accomplish; 33 games in a row is 33 games in a row. I don’t care who you’re playing against. Our league is so competitive now. We’ve got 30 teams. We have so many great players. To even have (had winning 33 straight) as a goal for me, it was never even an option

LeBron is always commended for being a fan of the game and knowing the history as well as most any player. Rick Barry, Dan Issel, Mel Daniels, and other hall of famers weren't in the NBA. The NBA was far better, but it was more watered down.

People are so willing to jump at anything. Dude answered a question, with some legit facts, and yeah...let's go for the KILL!

MiamiBoy77
03-25-2013, 11:50 AM
It's not a diss. It's factually correct. If you saw the whole interview you'd see he was just answering a question, and continually made it clear he wasn't trying to discredit that old record.

He kept saying "I'm not trying to discredit them" and so on. And he clearly wasn't.

LeBron is always commended for being a fan of the game and knowing the history as well as most any player. Rick Barry, Dan Issel, Mel Daniels, and other hall of famers weren't in the NBA. The NBA was far better, but it was more watered down.

People are so willing to jump at anything. Dude answered a question, with some legit facts, and yeah...let's go for the KILL!

Thank you for being bettererer than some others

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-25-2013, 11:54 AM

AThis coming from a guy who joined 2 other stars in their prime? Shut your ****in mouth crab dribble.

the nba is watered down. Night in night out you have a bunch of sorry games on.

Lebron = not bright ;)

All solid posts.

ManRam
03-25-2013, 11:56 AM
It's amazing how TERRIBLE the title to this thread is.

ChitownSports16
03-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Yeahhhh it's stronger alright... I mean every time the queen gets touched it's a foul...

kntresistheheat
03-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Grow up people, and read his actuall words. The original poster knew what he was doing, you don't paraphrase or quote lebron without posting the actual link to his comments. You know it will turn out to a bashing bait fest in here.

koreancabbage
03-25-2013, 12:03 PM
All solid posts.

LOL are you trolling?

DChibes
03-25-2013, 12:05 PM
More stronger.

haha I was just going to say this. But hey LeBron never went to college remember lol

Utd7
03-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Does anyone have a link to the actual interview? I'm curious to see how Lebron said this with actual context.
He kind of said it bluntly then when he realized what he said he tried to make it sound nicer and not disrespectful lol.

Baller1
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
No news here. It's pretty obvious that the league is more stronger now.

mightybosstone
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Everyone keeps ripping Lebron for saying "more stronger", but it sounds to me like it was the OP's grammatical error and not Lebron's. Also, no one has produced a link to the interview yet, but so many people are referencing it. If you're going to constantly reference something, PLEASE provide the actual source so we can all see or read what you're talking about.

Jarvo
03-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Anything to make Lebron look like an ******* ehh? Lol you guys are too much.

ManRam
03-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Everyone keeps ripping Lebron for saying "more stronger", but it sounds to me like it was the OP's grammatical error and not Lebron's. Also, no one has produced a link to the interview yet, but so many people are referencing it. If you're going to constantly reference something, PLEASE provide the actual source so we can all see or read what you're talking about.

I saw the interview twice last night. I'm 90% certain he didn't say "more stronger". It was the furthest thing from a diss.

dee279
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM

Before you try and correct someone elses grammar, you should correct your own. A lot of grammatical errors in your statement. Also, that was not Lebron's actual quote.

ATX
03-25-2013, 12:37 PM
I saw the interview twice last night. I'm 90% certain he didn't say "more stronger". It was the furthest thing from a diss.

I saw it too. You're right, I don't know how people are seeing this as a "Diss". ...Well, I think we both know why.

Zefflin
03-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Until I see what lebriz said I ain't saying **** about him. He's got a point tho. But now if he gets caught with roids his career is a fraud, haha, just saying.

Zefflin
03-25-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm starting to like Lebron now, I've even been watching a bit of the streak.

WITZ
03-25-2013, 12:51 PM

:clap:

Zefflin
03-25-2013, 12:53 PM
666^^

prodigy
03-25-2013, 01:05 PM
It might be alittle stronger but the NBA is a joke. I mean lets be honest only the Heat, Thunder and maybe the spurs have a chance for the title. Miami will win it. I mean thats why lebron went to Miami right to make winning ships easy. He got what he wanted and the NBA is worse for it. Thats fine though Leauges been dieing for years.

I'm not a Lebron hater more of an NBA hater. I love basketball but the leauge is a disgrace.

MaloDaw9
03-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Lebron talk like cave man.

ryang
03-25-2013, 01:15 PM
I certainly don't feel this way. Lebron left you sorry but the nba is just fine. And every year there's 4 or 5 teams who have a chance. I love this game

D-Leethal
03-25-2013, 01:19 PM
It might be alittle stronger but the NBA is a joke. I mean lets be honest only the Heat, Thunder and maybe the spurs have a chance for the title. Miami will win it. I mean thats why lebron went to Miami right to make winning ships easy. He got what he wanted and the NBA is worse for it. Thats fine though Leauges been dieing for years.

I'm not a Lebron hater more of an NBA hater. I love basketball but the leauge is a disgrace.

Overall the league is stronger but like you said, the fact that he had to 'make winning chips easy', join a top 3 player and go ring chasing at 26 yrs old has really watered down the competition to make it a ridiculously top-heavy league.

I don't really think he's wrong, but he should show a little more respect for a record as legendary as this one and one that has withstood the test of time as long as it has. Quite honestly, its still a ridiculous feat, and I haven't analyzed LA's streak, but outside of about 4 games, Miami doesn't have a whole lot of impressive wins during this streak.

ryang
03-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Impressive wins? So how many disappointing losses is every team going through right now? Gotta be a lot considering.

TheIlladelph16
03-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Overall the league is stronger but like you said, the fact that he had to 'make winning chips easy', join a top 3 player and go ring chasing at 26 yrs old has really watered down the competition to make it a ridiculously top-heavy league.

I don't really think he's wrong, but he should show a little more respect for a record as legendary as this one and one that has withstood the test of time as long as it has. Quite honestly, its still a ridiculous feat, and I haven't analyzed LA's streak, but outside of about 4 games, Miami doesn't have a whole lot of impressive wins during this streak.

First off... awesome avatar haha. One of my favorite scenes in television history having Omar testify in court.

Second, I think a lot of people are simply reading what the OP has said here and not the actual quotes from Lebron. I didn't see any disrespect out of what he said there.

mightybosstone
03-25-2013, 01:32 PM

This is just idiotic. The league is as talented today and as popular today as it has ever been. And if you think the Heat are the only team with a chance, you clearly haven't watched the NBA much over the last decade. There have been a number of instances where teams which should have won the Finals didn't. And if Miami does win this year, it's a testament to how well Lebron and this team have played.

If you don't like the league then don't watch, but don't make ****ing moronic blanket statements like this with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

ryang
03-25-2013, 01:35 PM
This is just idiotic. The league is as talented today and as popular today as it has ever been. And if you think the Heat are the only team with a chance, you clearly haven't watched the NBA much over the last decade. There have been a number of instances where teams which should have won the Finals didn't. And if Miami does win this year, it's a testament to how well Lebron and this team have played.

If you don't like the league then don't watch, but don't make ****ing moronic blanket statements like this with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

He's a Cavs fan. Can't blame the guy

D-Leethal
03-25-2013, 01:44 PM
First off... awesome avatar haha. One of my favorite scenes in television history having Omar testify in court.

Second, I think a lot of people are simply reading what the OP has said here and not the actual quotes from Lebron. I didn't see any disrespect out of what he said there.

Yea I don't really have a problem with what he said, and I didn't listen to the actual quote, I just think he should steer away from downgrading the Lakers streak and that era in general out of respect for the legends on that squad and out of respect for the history of the game.

D-Leethal
03-25-2013, 01:50 PM
disincent

I don't necessarily disagree, but the popularity of the league isn't a great way to judge the overall quality of the league. In all forms of entertainment, most of the stuff that gets eaten up by the masses lacks quality. Just because more people watch doesn't mean the quality of the league hasn't taken a major hit in the eyes of most basketball purists.

TheIlladelph16
03-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Yea I don't really have a problem with what he said, and I didn't listen to the actual quote, I just think he should steer away from downgrading the Lakers streak and that era in general out of respect for the legends on that squad and out of respect for the history of the game.

I agree with you to an extent here. Obviously the players today should respect the game and the greats who came before them, however, in a situation like this, that's got to be difficult. Imagine being a Heat player right now though (especially Lebron) and before/after all anyone is asking you is questions about the streak over and over again. For a guy like Lebron, who is already maligned over EVERYTHING he freaking says (if this thread is any evidence), discussing the streak while also trying to remain/appear humble about it has got to be damn difficult. I could never deal with the press and paparazzi normally in their shoes, and I can't even imagine dealing with it during a streak like this.

I just think this thread is a perfect example of one person glancing at a quote and interpreting it one way without putting it into the proper context (what was the question asked? how was it worded? etc).

mngopher35
03-25-2013, 02:04 PM
The op already said that he is paraphrasing and he didn't do a great job of it. People will do anything to diminish lebron at this point (because they can't bash his on court play). He made it clear that he wasn't diminishing what that team did, and that winning 33 games is a great feat. If anyone commenting negatively actually watched the interview I would love to hear your problems with what he was saying...

CHANGO
03-25-2013, 02:07 PM
LOL @ people talking about Lebron education without looking for the right quote. He didn't say "more stronger";

"Look at how competitive the game is today," James said. "Back then the leagues were separate. It wasn't a full league. You had the ABA (American Basketball Association) and the NBA and some of the greatest players weren't in (NBA) so the competition wasn't as strong as it is now."

Then he said, I'm not trying to discredit that streak, I think it was something like "I'm not going to sit here and discredit that streak" because 33 games in a row is 33 games in a row. I don’t care who you’re playing against.

And for the others talking about Eastern Conference being weak etc... etc... etc... HEAT are 32-9 against the East for a .780 PCT. And against the West 23-5 thats a .821 winning PCT.

ztilzer31
03-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Someone finally said what I've been saying for weeks on ESPN.

If you were to take ANY great team and put them against ANY horrible team from that year. Then made them play 33 straight times. The horrible team would still win a few of those games.

People that don't think winning that many games is impressive don't understand basketball. Sometimes you have off nights, but the thing is the Heat play hard defense. Defense isn't streaky like a jump shot.

D-Leethal
03-25-2013, 02:33 PM
I agree with you to an extent here. Obviously the players today should respect the game and the greats who came before them, however, in a situation like this, that's got to be difficult. Imagine being a Heat player right now though (especially Lebron) and before/after all anyone is asking you is questions about the streak over and over again. For a guy like Lebron, who is already maligned over EVERYTHING he freaking says (if this thread is any evidence), discussing the streak while also trying to remain/appear humble about it has got to be damn difficult. I could never deal with the press and paparazzi normally in their shoes, and I can't even imagine dealing with it during a streak like this.

I just think this thread is a perfect example of one person glancing at a quote and interpreting it one way without putting it into the proper context (what was the question asked? how was it worded? etc).

Yea I'm pretty much with you here all the way - but as the face of the NBA he's gotta understand how this stuff works and how the majority of people out there are only gonna read that headline to derive their opinion. He's just gotta pick his words more carefully and avoid this type of stuff because the only thing thats going to come out of it is negative press.

LOL @ people talking about Lebron education without looking for the right quote. He didn't say "more stronger";

Then he said, I'm not trying to discredit that streak, I think it was something like "I'm not going to sit here and discredit that streak" because 33 games in a row is 33 games in a row. I don’t care who you’re playing against.

And for the others talking about Eastern Conference being weak etc... etc... etc... HEAT are 32-9 against the East for a .780 PCT. And against the West 23-5 thats a .821 winning PCT.

Thats actually a much better explanation and he is right. The OP is on some TMZ **** here it seems.

Big Zo
03-25-2013, 03:24 PM

... And back then only the Celtics and Lakers had a shot.

MelanconMadness
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
If that's the real quote, he definitely made the wrong choice to skip college. More stronger? Come on lebron, kids look up to these players

ztilzer31
03-25-2013, 03:32 PM
People should really read the posts in threads before posting in them.

Slug3
03-25-2013, 03:33 PM
If that's the real quote, he definitely made the wrong choice to skip college. More stronger? Come on lebron, kids look up to these players

Or, you could actually read the thread and see it was not the real quote.

MelanconMadness
03-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Or, you could actually read the thread and see it was not the real quote.

Or, the op could put the real quote in quotations. I shouldn't have to go through 7 pages when I see the grammar mistake when I open the thread

KnickaBocka.44
03-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Someone finally said what I've been saying for weeks on ESPN.

If you were to take ANY great team and put them against ANY horrible team from that year. Then made them play 33 straight times. The horrible team would still win a few of those games.

People that don't think winning that many games is impressive don't understand basketball. Sometimes you have off nights, but the thing is the Heat play hard defense. Defense isn't streaky like a jump shot.

Playing the same team 33 straight times is completely different than playing 33 games against different teams.

ManRam
03-25-2013, 04:39 PM
The fact that you can't find a transcript of the entire answer to the question, nor can you actually find the clip online, shows how completely insignificant this is. No one cares, nor should anyone. He didn't take any unfair shots. He wasn't dissing the Lakers. He was simply asked a question about the streak and the difficulty of it, and he gave an honest and informed answer.

LeBron didn't say "more stronger". The only quote that's out there from it is this, again:

Look at how competitive the game is today,” James said. “Back then the leagues were separate. It wasn’t a full league. You had the ABA (American Basketball Association) and the NBA and some of the greatest players weren’t in (NBA) so the competition wasn’t as strong as it is now.

He went on, iirc, to say something along the lines of "I'm not trying to discredit them. The leagues are completely different. But there is a lot more talent in today's NBA" (Disclaimer, that's my paraphrasing not his direct words :laugh2: )

pacman16
03-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Its true... every sport is "stronger" than its past years....
players are faster, stronger and smarter in terms of game play

Like a poster said before... I think kobe's 81 point game is harder than wilts 100 back in the day,
every sport has evolved greatly in terms of players skills , way more balanced

Shark
03-25-2013, 05:29 PM
He's just mad. He should realize that the Eastern Conference is weak, Heck they are in the weakest division, 3 teams in the division has records of 19 games below .500 or worse.

Oh btw, Denver's 15 game win streak >>>> Miami's 26...

Big Zo
03-25-2013, 05:33 PM
He's just mad. He should realize that the Eastern Conference is weak, Heck they are in the weakest division, 3 teams in the division has records of 19 games below .500 or worse.

You really wanna believe that, don't you?

Shark
03-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Whats there to believe? Go to ESPN, NBA, Standings... it's right there in front of you... the 9th place team in Eastern Conference is 15 games below .500 and 7 games back of 8th place.. which is btw 34-35 lol...

If you were referring to the streak, then yea I do believe it, take a look:

They beat OKC twice, Lakers, Clippers, Memphis, Atlanta, Chicago. I would like to see Miami play that same schedule as Denvers. Miami in the west would not come near to that, especially with Miami's top 3 players Are making around 52-53 mill this year, then you have Denver's whole entire salary at 67 million, while the top 3 guys make only 33 mill together

mngopher35
03-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Whats there to believe? Go to ESPN, NBA, Standings... it's right there in front of you... the 9th place team in Eastern Conference is 15 games below .500 and 7 games back of 8th place.. which is btw 34-35 lol...

They beat OKC twice, Lakers, Clippers, Memphis, Atlanta, Chicago. I would like to see Miami play that same schedule as Denvers. Miami in the west would not come near to that, especially with Miami's top 3 players Are making around 52-53 mill this year, then you have Denver's whole entire salary at 67 million, while the top 3 guys make only 33 mill together

Not only has miami beat every team you listed during their streak, but also the celtics, rockets, NYK and Indian. Then they have also beat more bad teams as well. They may be in the weaker conference but they aren't just playing bottom dwellers.

CHANGO
03-25-2013, 05:58 PM

They beat OKC twice, Lakers, Clippers, Memphis, Atlanta (twice), Chicago. I would like to see Miami play that same schedule as Denvers. Miami in the west would not come near to that, especially with Miami's top 3 players Are making around 52-53 mill this year, then you have Denver's whole entire salary at 67 million, while the top 3 guys make only 33 mill together

Miami beat all those teams bolded in your paragraph... And some of those teams were not only beaten but destroyed by Miami ;) Also they beat, the Rockets, Blazers, Pacers and the Celtics during the streak...

Also I quote myself:

But yeah, I understand I can't use logic in the forum. Sorry if this is too hard to understand for you.

MelanconMadness
03-25-2013, 06:23 PM
I wonder if he thinks this 5 game stretch playing the bottom 5 in the eastern conference is more stronger than Denver's stretch

aztr0
03-25-2013, 06:24 PM
No he didn't. He corrected himself after realizing that people like you will take the 1st part and not have the attention span to listen to the 2nd part. Listen to the whole thing next time.

Shark
03-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Lol I am not going to bother arguing with you Miami fans. I have no idea why your bringing out useless information about there win % against the West. Majority of there games against the West have been earlier in the year, teams like the Lakers were still lost(some can argue they are still confused but at least above .500 now) They have not played against the west since March 4th against the timberwolves.

Heres a breakdown of the Home games vs the West and the away record
Miami VS West HOME GAMES - 14-1
Miami VS West AWAY GAMES - 9-4 ..... BELOW .500: 4-0 ABOVE .500: 5-4

9-4 Not bad, but then you see that all 4 losses were against teams above .500 ... It's expected, it's a boring league, I am not even referring to the Miami Heat. It's straight boring Since 2000, The Lakers have won 5 championships, Spurs have won 3 Championships, Miami Twice, Pistons 1, Boston 1 and Dallas 1.

Then you have LeBron saying that it's a new ERA and Different League... Guess what, it's the same ****ing **** as it was back then.

Big Zo
03-25-2013, 06:33 PM

Denver's streak is only the third longest this season. They also don't have the target on their back that comes with being a defending champion. If you wanna pretend to believe that Denver's cute little streak is better, fine.

MelanconMadness
03-25-2013, 07:05 PM
The heat have a target on their back because not only are they the defending champions, but because they are on espn every 5 minutes while the rest of the league gets 5 second highlights, they're cocky (wades interview with lebron last night. If your putting together a super friends team, then the hate is going to come with the blow jobs

amos1er
03-25-2013, 07:09 PM

Yup, pretty stupid comment. Do I really need to post a list the teams he beat on this little win streak of his. Should be good for a laugh or two.

tapajafri
03-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Well...Lebron's actually right on this one. The league is stronger today than back in 71 for LAL

amos1er
03-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Well...Lebron's actually right on this one. The league is stronger today than back in 71 for LAL

Yes, but what were the records of most of the teams he beat on his streak again??? Should I even mention the injuries that the opposing teams who were actually decent had?

ryang
03-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Do you guys think the Heat or the fans care? We're winning which is better then losing. Oh we play weak teams? Your right the west is amazing and come finals time if we beat the west you'll just say there tired. The west was so tough. You guys cry and moan more then school girls. Looking forward to our 3rd straight finals apperance barring injury. Enjoy fellas.

MelanconMadness
03-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Yup, pretty stupid comment. Do I really need to post a list the teams he beat on this little win streak of his. Should be good for a laugh or two.

Toronto (2) 26-44
Bobcats (2) 16-54
Houston 39-31
Clippers 48-22
Lakers 36-34
Blazers 33-37
Thunder 52-19
Hawks (2) 39-31
Bulls 38-31
76ers (3) 27-42
Cavs (2) 22-47
Kings 25-46
Grizz 47-22
Knicks 42-26
Wolves 24-44
Magic 18-52
Pacers 43-27
Bucks 34-35
Celts 36-33
Pistons 24-47

826-953

Oh yeah, really really tough stretch

ryang
03-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Toronto (2) 26-44
Bobcats (2) 16-54
Houston 39-31
Clippers 48-22
Lakers 36-34
Blazers 33-37
Thunder 52-19
Hawks (2) 39-31
Bulls 38-31
76ers (3) 27-42
Cavs (2) 22-47
Kings 25-46
Grizz 47-22
Knicks 42-26
Wolves 24-44
Magic 18-52
Pacers 43-27
Bucks 34-35
Celts 36-33
Pistons 24-47

826-953

We didn't lose any. Doing what were supposed to. You want an apology? Lmao

magic0320
03-25-2013, 08:08 PM
lol well league is not better because how much heat wins because of the refs and new rules that helps offensive players now day. if this was 70 i am sure those guys will get destroyed driving in with head down all the time.

ryang
03-25-2013, 08:11 PM
lol well league is not better because how much heat wins because of the refs and new rules that helps offensive players now day. if this was 70 i am sure those guys will get destroyed driving in with head down all the time.

Yea cause Lebron is so small. Lol. Bosh would get destroyed tho.

ATX
03-25-2013, 08:18 PM

They haven't lost in almost 2 whole months. Hating on the second longest winning streak in NBA history is pretty lame dude. They are just doing what they can do. They don't make the schedule. They beat the tar out of the Clippers, @OKC, @Chi, @Atl, Ind, and wins against Bos, Hou, Mem, NY, and epic comebacks in some other games...It's not easy to keep winning and winning and winning, especially when everyone has a huge target on you, and plays their hearts out to try and stop the streak. Sure, of course in the course of two months of an NBA schedule there will be "Cupcakes" that all teams must face and they beat them too...Of all the things to nit pick...SMH.

joeym
03-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Last night Lebron said that the league's competition is stronger now than when the 71' Lakers had their streak because the ABA was separate from the NBA and not all the great players played in the NBA at that time. So lebron basically Just smacked Walt Clyde frazier's comments down bout the Heat playing in a watered down league unlike the 71' Lakers.

Lebron is an arrogant person but I actually agree with him this time on this point he made.

I wonder if Lebron knows that Pat Riley was on that 71' Lakers team and that
therefore he was also disparaging Riles indirectly...

Slug3
03-25-2013, 09:22 PM
I mean you have to be digging deep into the hate barrel for this team if you are trying to find ways to discredit a 26 game win streak.

Hardaway Here
03-25-2013, 10:05 PM
I mean you have to be digging deep into the hate barrel for this team if you are trying to find ways to discredit a 26 game win streak.

27 game win streak now and if they make it past the spurs for 30 wins people will still complain about something. Apparently any team in the league can go on streaks like this so it's not impressive to see Miami doing it.

Cubby
03-25-2013, 10:24 PM
lol

Quality contribution as always.

king4day
03-25-2013, 10:28 PM
I can't agree with him. There were fewer teams back then so the league wasn't as watered down.

Slug3
03-25-2013, 10:29 PM
I can't agree with him. There were fewer teams back then so the league wasn't as watered down.

There were 2 leagues back then though.

chinakobefan
03-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Is Lebron bringing back crack smoking? Are you kidding me? This is the most ridiculous NBA season in recent memory. I mean, outside of the Heat and the Thunder, is there any other team that you can honestly say are legit title contenders? And who said this Eastern conference isn't as easy as '06, '07, or whatever? Are you nuts? Who is even a remote threat to the Heat in the East? Every time I see who's next on the Heat's schedule I roll my eyes.

Slug3
03-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Is Lebron bringing back crack smoking? Are you kidding me? This is the most ridiculous NBA season in recent memory. I mean, outside of the Heat and the Thunder, is there any other team that you can honestly say are legit title contenders? And who said this Eastern conference isn't as easy as '06, '07, or whatever? Are you nuts? Who is even a remote threat to the Heat in the East? Every time I see who's next on the Heat's schedule I roll my eyes.

Every team in the nba plays each other. Why is it just bad that the Heat are?

king4day
03-25-2013, 10:35 PM
There were 2 leagues back then though.

Ahh that's true. There's still a lot of factors that go into it though. Not sure how the rules and officiating were. Not sure why Lebron needed to knock the Lakers streak. I hate LA but if he can't respect the history, then I'd rather not see them break this one (or even reach 30).

mngopher35
03-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Ahh that's true. There's still a lot of factors that go into it though. Not sure how the rules and officiating were. Not sure why Lebron needed to knock the Lakers streak. I hate LA but if he can't respect the history, then I'd rather not see them break this one (or even reach 30).

He said (multiple times I believe) that he wasn't trying to diminish what they did and winning 33 games is an incredible feat. He was asked if he thinks today's nba is tougher and responded with an honest answer (that most agree with), but I guess people need to find a way to go at him...

Hawkeye15
03-25-2013, 10:45 PM
so, what I read is, he isn't diminishing the record at all, but when asked if he thought todays league was tougher, he replied yes, which is indeed true.

Keep digging away guys.

gangis2169
03-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Its not the easiest eastern conference ever that was like 06 and 07

Actually statistically it will go down as the worst conference single season in NBA History

gangis2169
03-25-2013, 10:48 PM
so, what I read is, he isn't diminishing the record at all, but when asked if he thought todays league was tougher, he replied yes, which is indeed true.

Keep digging away guys.

Explain? This should be good.

c.c.
03-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Thats not a diss, that's a fact

mngopher35
03-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Actually statistically it will go down as the worst conference single season in NBA History

Not calling you out saying it isn't, but based on what? I know the east is weak but I didn't think this was the weakest ever. Just wondering what you mean by statistically?

king4day
03-25-2013, 10:53 PM
He said (multiple times I believe) that he wasn't trying to diminish what they did and winning 33 games is an incredible feat. He was asked if he thinks today's nba is tougher and responded with an honest answer (that most agree with), but I guess people need to find a way to go at him...

Gotcha. All I read was the thread title. I still would rather they not break it. I don't like the idea of a team that was put together the way it was to alter history. I'm sure the NBA wants it for the 'anything can happen' factor, but when I think of NBA I think of the Lakers and Celtics. I don't see the Heat ever getting to their level in terms of history.

gangis2169
03-25-2013, 10:54 PM
The league is in no way stronger or tougher. Players are too worried about Twitter, video bombing, and any other gay **** they are about. No hand checks, flopping, traveling multiple times in games without being called, using your off hand to swipe away the defenders hand so it looks like you are dunking all over him, flagrant's and technical's are called for clearing out a rebound or setting good picks. It's trash NBA and Lebron and all the other new era pompous arrogant aholes are Kings of it.

The Flash
03-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Riley played on that Laker team, I'm sure Lebron's got some insider info. It's interesting that after 41 years,the team he built is threatening to break that record

The Flash
03-25-2013, 10:57 PM
The league is in no way stronger or tougher. Players are too worried about Twitter, video bombing, and any other gay **** they are about. No hand checks, flopping, traveling multiple times in games without being called, using your off hand to swipe away the defenders hand so it looks like you are dunking all over him, flagrant's and technical's are called for clearing out a rebound or setting good picks. It's trash NBA and Lebron and all the other new era pompous arrogant aholes are Kings of it.

And you sir are a sad sad person

ldawg
03-25-2013, 11:07 PM
lets see then pass La 1 loss in the playoffs and finals

LOOTERX9
03-25-2013, 11:13 PM

i think lebron knocked the lakers cause walt clyde knocked the heat's streak. It can get tiring hearing old guys talk bout how weak the league is now compared to the old days. I actually agree with lebron and i'm happy he's defending today's nba against the nostalgia hype of how good the old days were. The 1971 nba was pathetic. Come on now compare those slow , low skilled athletes to today's hybrid skilled athletes and the 1971 nba will get destroyed ..

ldawg
03-25-2013, 11:15 PM
lets see them pass La 1 loss in the playoffs and finals. thats when you play the best the nba has to offer. Lets be real about the NBA. Quater of them injured, quarter of them pull back and coasting to the playoff and the other half plain sucks. How many teams have a real shot at winning it all, like 4 out of 30? This NBA is watered down. yeah it has more teams but are they any good?

LOOTERX9
03-25-2013, 11:18 PM

umm ok but the players Today are still 10 times more athletically skilled today than back in 1971'...what the hell would jerry west do against lebron out there? and how tall was wilt? wilt won't dominate these hybrid athletes like he did back in the 70's. can we get serious for a moment please. This is ridiculous SMH

ldawg
03-25-2013, 11:24 PM
umm ok but the players Today are still 10 times more athletically skilled today than back in 1971'...what the hell would jerry west do against lebron out there? and how tall was wilt? wilt won't dominate these hybrid athletes like he did back in the 70's. can we get serious for a moment please. This is ridiculous SMHsimple different rules

zn23
03-26-2013, 12:33 AM
LeBron is right.

ldawg
03-26-2013, 01:19 AM
LeBron is right.different era different rules different circumstances. who knows mabe they call walking on lebron or charge. It seem like they shoot the ball more back then.

Matter.
03-26-2013, 11:15 AM
@ESPNStatsInfo: 1 NBA team this season played 3 games in 3 days. 1971-72 Lakers played back-to-back-to-back games 4 TIMES during their 33-game win streak

koreancabbage
03-26-2013, 11:20 AM
regardless, 27 wins right now is pretty ridiculous, for any sport.

amos1er
03-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Toronto (2) 26-44
Bobcats (2) 16-54
Houston 39-31
Clippers 48-22
Lakers 36-34
Blazers 33-37
Thunder 52-19
Hawks (2) 39-31
Bulls 38-31
76ers (3) 27-42
Cavs (2) 22-47
Kings 25-46
Grizz 47-22
Knicks 42-26
Wolves 24-44
Magic 18-52
Pacers 43-27
Bucks 34-35
Celts 36-33
Pistons 24-47

826-953

Nice post. Of course the Lebronites on here don't want to respond to this post. Lets not even mention how many of these teams were without their best players. The only impressive win to me was OKC on the road. Everything else is bla. There should def be an asterisk by this record if they break it.

amos1er
03-26-2013, 05:13 PM
@ESPNStatsInfo: 1 NBA team this season played 3 games in 3 days. 1971-72 Lakers played back-to-back-to-back games 4 TIMES during their 33-game win streak

Yup, Lebron has always had the convenience of an easy regular season schedule throughout his career. This stretch of wins has not impressed me in the least. I chalk it up mostly to luck of scheduling.

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Yup, Lebron has always had the convenience of an easy regular season schedule throughout his career. This stretch of wins has not impressed me in the least. I chalk it up mostly to luck of scheduling.

Hating at it's finest......

If they went below .500 over these past 27 games would you not be on here saying "how are they not winning games against bad teams" ??? You would

They can only play the teams on their schedule...Nuggets just lost to New Orleans and people say there streak was more impressive??

Winning 27 games in a row is very impressive

NYCkid12
03-26-2013, 05:31 PM
People are hating harder on a Heat team who has dominated the last 27 games and is the best record in the league than they are a Laker team who is barely holding onto a 8 seed in the west....I don't get it

5ass
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Nice post. Of course the Lebronites on here don't want to respond to this post. Lets not even mention how many of these teams were without their best players. The only impressive win to me was OKC on the road. Everything else is bla. There should def be an asterisk by this record if they break it.

lol asterisk asterisk, thats all i hear about Lebron whenever he accomplishes something. Can we stop this BS already? Can you give the guy credited for what he's done in this winstreak? Defended the best players, shot 3s like ray allen, played PF, SF, PG, C, got to the FT line at will, posted triple doubles like he was oscar robertson, clutch like MJ. What do you want Lebron to do? Ask Wade to play for the other team so that maybe they have a chance?

5ass
03-26-2013, 05:41 PM

So Lebron's play was pretty average during that winstreak? Luck played a more important factor in these wins than Lebron?

mngopher35
03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
People are hating harder on a Heat team who has dominated the last 27 games and is the best record in the league than they are a Laker team who is barely holding onto a 8 seed in the west....I don't get it

That's because a large chunk of the people in here hating are Laker fans (not all laker fans of course).

5ass
03-26-2013, 05:48 PM
That's because a large chunk of the people in here hating are Laker fans (not all laker fans of course).

They come in here to defend Kobe by putting down Lebron's accomplishments. Its kind of sad, but also funny because its so obvious that deep inside they all know Lebron will pass Kobe when its all said and done.

TmacBryant
03-26-2013, 05:52 PM
yeah it is kinda rude he probably should just let others say that type of stuff for him even though he's thinking it. Especially since jerry west said he's happy for the HEAT during this streak

1 z-Los Angeles Lakers 69 13 .841
2 y-Milwaukee Bucks 63 19 .768
3 x-Chicago Bulls 57 25 .695
4 x-Golden State Warriors 51 31 .622
5 Phoenix Suns 49 33 .598
6 Seattle SuperSonics 47 35 .573
7 Houston Rockets 34 48 .415
8 Detroit Pistons 26 56 .317
9 Portland Trail Blazers 18 64 .220

These records are way better than the teams that the Heat have to face...

LOOTERX9
03-26-2013, 06:02 PM

umm what is this list? And what does it have to do with 1971 nba league being pathetic, which it was.. There were a couple expansion teams during that time also. and the players had limited skills unlike today's athletes

TmacBryant
03-26-2013, 06:16 PM
umm what is this list? And what does it have to do with 1971 nba league being pathetic, which it was.. There were a couple expansion teams during that time also. and the players had limited skills unlike today's athletes

I am talking about the team records of today vs then.

Just looking at the records, the western conference that the west had to go against is way better than the east that the Heat has to face.

I mean they don't have one team that can even challenge them. The Bulls without D rose? The inexperienced pacers? come on get real.

psperry34116
03-26-2013, 06:17 PM
While players are certainly more talented today, I don't think anyone can question just how weak the east is this year. Indiana and New York would be 6 and 7 respectively if they played in the west, not even taking into account their tougher schedules. Although I seriously think this is such a stupid argument. What the Heat are doing right now is absolutely incredible to watch and, hate them as you may, if you keep trying to detract from what they're doing as opposed and saying that it isn't as impressive as a feat you never actually witnessed, you need to reconsider your status as a basketball fan. Who gives a **** if LeBron's arrogant he's the most dominant player we've seen since Jordan he can afford to be

mngopher35
03-26-2013, 06:38 PM

Not sure what this is but records alone ignore the fact that a chunk of talent was in the ABA, and that the talent wasn't spread out that evenly throughout the league (even less so than today).

The SRS for that Lakers team was 11.65, and the only team that came really close to that at the time was Milwaukee (kareem) with a 10.7 srs. They did beat milwaukee on the streak once, but they also lost to milwaukee to end the streak. The next closest srs was the bulls with a 7.91 which is almost a 4 point difference, and they only played them once during the streak as well. They also played the teams with an SRS on -6 or more 8 times during their streak (the two examples from this year -6 or more for the heat are orlando and bobcats twice each)

For comparison if we were to look at what teams the heat have beaten within an srs of 4 points this year during their streak it would included OKC (actually has a higher srs), Indiana, Memphis, Rockets, Clippers. The heat this year have an srs of 7.33 by the way.

This isn't to say that the 1972 streak wasn't impressive, I just wanted to give some data for those saying this current streak is weak because Miami plays in the east and that it deserves and asterisk (lol). Those lakers were so much better than majority of their competition and their insane srs helps to show that. Also they played the very bad teams more than the heat have been even though they are in the east. You can try and say one is more impressive than the other but in the end they are both amazing streaks by great teams and there is no need to discredit either one.

koreancabbage
03-26-2013, 07:36 PM
I am talking about the team records of today vs then.

Just looking at the records, the western conference that the west had to go against is way better than the east that the Heat has to face.

I mean they don't have one team that can even challenge them. The Bulls without D rose? The inexperienced pacers? come on get real.

LOL come on man, now you're being pathetic in terms of comparing winning % back in the day to the ones of today. Apples vs oranges. people will try to detract from what the Heat have done in sports history- not even basketball history. saying it was easier to win today 27 games than back in the day. its just as hard for the Lakers when they did it to what the Heat are doing now. Heat have beaten both East and West teams.

but if were to compare, at game 24, The Heat have faced opponents with a total record of 643-733, good for a .468 winning percentage. Meanwhile, the Lakers of yore took on teams with a collective 371-468 record, a .442 winning percentage. and besides, only 17 teams existed and 8 made the playoffs. the worst team could score 100+ per night and defenses are way better today and teams are harder to score on a nightly basis.

if they do beat the record, the only thing they can't do is not win the NBA championship, which is what the Lakers did.

Hawkeye15
03-26-2013, 07:47 PM

Why should they have an asterisk? Because it will make you feel better? A record is a record dude. They are also 23-5 against the "powerhouse" west, stronger % than any west team against the west.

I get it. People want to discredit the Heat.

The league was not as strong back then. And quite frankly, it doesn't matter.

Hawkeye15
03-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Explain? This should be good.

explain what? That there is now one professional league where the best players play, that with the development of the game, and the development of the Europeans and players all over the world being involved in the NBA has made it harder now than ever to make the NBA? That the skill level, sets, strategies, human bodies, and everything else that go into the game has developed?

Sports evolve people. That is a fact. No way around it. In 100 years, Jordan and LeBron will have been pushed down the totem pole.

Hawkeye15
03-26-2013, 07:50 PM
I think the Heat could go 82-0, with Bron going for 55-20-15, and people would find a way to say, "well, its inflated cause of THIS".

numba1CHANGsta
03-26-2013, 07:56 PM
And people ask why we hate LeBron smh West/Baylor/Wilt would have torched the Heat

NYMetros
03-26-2013, 08:01 PM
And people ask why we hate LeBron smh West/Baylor/Wilt would have torched the Heat

No way man, Miami would hold their own.

amos1er
03-26-2013, 08:09 PM
I think the Heat could go 82-0, with Bron going for 55-20-15, and people would find a way to say, "well, its inflated cause of THIS".

Haha. Talk about a gross exaggeration. Lebron could never go 55-20-15 and the Heat could never go 82-0. Lets try to use realistic comparisons please. Don't really care much to deal in hypotheticals.

Hawkeye15
03-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Haha. Talk about a gross exaggeration. Lebron could never go 55-20-15 and the Heat could never go 82-0. Lets try to use realistic comparisons please. Don't really care much to deal in hypotheticals.

flew right over your head, didn't it..

TmacBryant
03-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Not sure what this is but records alone ignore the fact that a chunk of talent was in the ABA, and that the talent wasn't spread out that evenly throughout the league (even less so than today).

The SRS for that Lakers team was 11.65, and the only team that came really close to that at the time was Milwaukee (kareem) with a 10.7 srs. They did beat milwaukee on the streak once, but they also lost to milwaukee to end the streak. The next closest srs was the bulls with a 7.91 which is almost a 4 point difference, and they only played them once during the streak as well. They also played the teams with an SRS on -6 or more 8 times during their streak (the two examples from this year -6 or more for the heat are orlando and bobcats twice each)

For comparison if we were to look at what teams the heat have beaten within an srs of 4 points this year during their streak it would included OKC (actually has a higher srs), Indiana, Memphis, Rockets, Clippers. The heat this year have an srs of 7.33 by the way.

This isn't to say that the 1972 streak wasn't impressive, I just wanted to give some data for those saying this current streak is weak because Miami plays in the east and that it deserves and asterisk (lol). Those lakers were so much better than majority of their competition and their insane srs helps to show that. Also they played the very bad teams more than the heat have been even though they are in the east. You can try and say one is more impressive than the other but in the end they are both amazing streaks by great teams and there is no need to discredit either one.

I am definitely not saying that the streak is weak or that it needs an * by it. I am just stating that it is ridiculous how Heat fans will say that they have much more competition. Congrats to the Heat for their accomplishment so far, but I think the amount of difficulty has to be given to the Lakers.

And to say that the Lakers were so much better than the rest of their competition, we can say that about the Heat as well.

daleja424
03-26-2013, 08:34 PM
I must have missed the part where lebron "dissed" anyone or anything. He made a historically correct observation. Grow up people.

mngopher35
03-26-2013, 08:46 PM

flew right over your head, didn't it..

LOL in the other thread he said the 09 lakers could do what the heat have done this year if they were in the east. Talk about not dealing with hypotheticals...

mngopher35
03-26-2013, 08:51 PM
I am definitely not saying that the streak is weak or that it needs an * by it. I am just stating that it is ridiculous how Heat fans will say that they have much more competition. Congrats to the Heat for their accomplishment so far, but I think the amount of difficulty has to be given to the Lakers.

And to say that the Lakers were so much better than the rest of their competition, we can say that about the Heat as well.

Alright, just pointing out that the laker team really didn't have a tougher road at all based on who they played and what Lebron ACTUALLY said was correct. Yes you could say that about this heat but there are plenty of teams in their league at least (especially statistically) and that was not true for those lakers.

amos1er
03-26-2013, 09:12 PM
LOL in the other thread he said the 09 lakers could do what the heat have done this year if they were in the east. Talk about not dealing with hypotheticals...

Very good point. I have no choice but to retract my statement about the 09 Lakers then. However, the point about his very unrealistic comparison remains. Unlike the other diluted Lebronites on here...I will concede when I am incorrect about something.

Verbal Christ
03-26-2013, 09:16 PM
And just when you thought that 'hey, LBJ isnt stuck up and a douche'

SPLAT!

amos1er
03-26-2013, 09:19 PM

SPLAT!

Oh no, don't say that...don't you know that Lebron is immune to any sort of criticism on here.

The Flash
03-26-2013, 09:20 PM

SPLAT!

Yeah, you never really thought that. Unless of course, he was on your team

daleja424
03-26-2013, 09:20 PM

SPLAT!

Lets be honest. You never started to think anything.

Lebron is a great basketball player and a great person. He is a wonderful representative for the league and a mentor to millions of young kids.

The only people that dislike him are but hurt over one decision.

Anyone who can actually watch him and listen to him speak today and find fault have a clear anti lebron agenda.

The Flash
03-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Lets be honest. You never started to think anything.

Lebron is a great basketball player and a great person. He is a wonderful representative for the league and a mentor to millions of young kids.

The only people that dislike him are but hurt over one decision.

Anyone who can actually watch him and listen to him speak today and find fault have a clear anti lebron agenda.

+1

The Flash
03-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Oh no, don't say that...don't you know that Lebron is immune to any sort of criticism on here.

The sort of criticism you display in your sig?

Verbal Christ
03-26-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm not butthurt at his decision, but thanks for the speech. Im more troubled by the fact he needed to discredit a team from 40 years ago. Great players dont need to dump on other great players to somehow make their point. I find that tacky,classless and arrogant. Thats what turns off people, not some stupid decision to go play somewhere else, and If he was on my team I'd say the same things, no need to coddle and suppress something so blatant and evident and how some of you can blindly follow and cosign to something like that screams of sheep. But whatever like I said I didnt have an issue with the player or the streak until he felt the need to blab some stupid ****.

MarkieMark48
03-26-2013, 09:47 PM
pretty sure he said im not taking anything away from their streak, winning 32 games in a row is still winning 32 games in a row in the same interview

KnicksorBust
03-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Save that comment for ESPN analysts. It does LeBron no good. Oh and respect your elders.

JasonJohnHorn
03-26-2013, 09:56 PM
I think LBJ might want to point out how the grammar of current NBA players is more gooder than that of plaeyrs in 71/72.

ryang
03-26-2013, 10:03 PM
It's better then losing. Have fun dis crediting the heat. Pretty sure they don't care.

mngopher35
03-26-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm not butthurt at his decision, but thanks for the speech. Im more troubled by the fact he needed to discredit a team from 40 years ago. Great players dont need to dump on other great players to somehow make their point. I find that tacky,classless and arrogant. Thats what turns off people, not some stupid decision to go play somewhere else, and If he was on my team I'd say the same things, no need to coddle and suppress something so blatant and evident and how some of you can blindly follow and cosign to something like that screams of sheep. But whatever like I said I didnt have an issue with the player or the streak until he felt the need to blab some stupid ****.

What did Lebron actually say that was dumping on them? Don't go around telling people they are blindly following something, especially when it appears you are blindly believing something he never said.

CHANGO
03-27-2013, 12:48 AM
I just find funny that there are posters talking about grammar and Lebron discrediting Lakers 71', basing that in a paraphrase made ​​by a troll here... Guys, before talking and judging, go and check the exact quote, check the video and listen what came out of Lebron's mouth. Then you can talk (with facts) whatever you want. Just a suggestion, don't be ignorant!

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Should be easy for them.. The most stacked team ever vs the weakest east in history. Lebron, wade, and bosh joining together in the east is just flat out laughable.

CHANGO
03-27-2013, 12:57 AM
Should be easy for them.. The most stacked team ever vs the weakest east in history. Lebron, wade, and bosh joining together in the east is just flat out laughable.

I can't take that comment serious if you have an avatar of the Lakers. Sorry, I can't...

mngopher35
03-27-2013, 12:58 AM

ryang
03-27-2013, 01:47 AM
Went from never could win the big one to "they joined together that's laughable". I speak for most of south florida when I say HA!

5ass
03-27-2013, 11:12 AM

Actually whats laughable is Pau, Kobe, Nash and Howard joining together and barely being able to crack 0.500

Slug3
03-27-2013, 11:28 AM

So what do you say about your current Laker team who has Howard, Kobe, Nash and Pau? I hope it's nothing negative because you Laker fans were convienced you would get the next 2 titles when this all happened in the offseason.

FreakaNashur
03-27-2013, 06:48 PM
can someone give me the stat of miami's win-loss record vs the west

ATX
03-27-2013, 07:02 PM
can someone give me the stat of miami's win-loss record vs the west

23-5 I think.

SLY WILLIAMS
03-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Best thing Lebron can do is avoid these types of public statements unless he wants to keep messing with his image. Lebron is a great player but he will not gain anything in these kind of public disagreements. Right now it is pretty hard to find many great PF never mind great Centers so he may want to let sleeping dogs lay.

rhallah22
03-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Lebron is not right. Talent is concentrated in a handful of teams and the rest of the league is so watered down. They have to get up to really play every fifth game at best.