PDA

View Full Version : Super Massive black holes and quantum phisics

stephkyle7
03-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Guys, I by no means a "smart" guy..so if anyone can expound on my understanding of these two topics without melting my brain that would be great.
From what Ive been able to gather ,at the center of every Galaxy resides a SMBH that at the same time it is devouring the galaxy it is "building" it.
while at both the center of this singularity as well as the world of quantum physics all laws of nature we hold to be factual lose all meaning, math, gavity,density, all fail in mathematic representation.

I find it fascinating in that ,everything we know to be true, is only MARGINALLY true.

IntelligentTard
03-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Where's the question?

db75
03-25-2013, 04:39 PM
haha...that was my thought when I read this yesterday, too.

IntelligentTard
03-25-2013, 04:50 PM
haha...that was my thought when I read this yesterday, too.

Haha. I took an astronomy course at university before, really just because I find this stuff really interesting. I think I remember learning that black holes "radiate" small bits of matter inside it. Damn, I wish I didn't forget almost everything from that course. That's a fun fact that I'm not quite sure of lol

Ezekial
03-26-2013, 03:12 PM
I think he is just asking for an explanation of SMBHs and Quantum Physics in laymen's terms.

Sorry bro, I'm not a science whizz I just find the stories cool sometimes.

Freakazoid
03-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Guys, I by no means a "smart" guy..so if anyone can expound on my understanding of these two topics without melting my brain that would be great.
From what Ive been able to gather ,at the center of every Galaxy resides a SMBH that at the same time it is devouring the galaxy it is "building" it.
while at both the center of this singularity as well as the world of quantum physics all laws of nature we hold to be factual lose all meaning, math, gavity,density, all fail in mathematic representation.

I find it fascinating in that ,everything we know to be true, is only MARGINALLY true.

I don't understand how math fails in mathematical representation.

stephkyle7
03-29-2013, 05:38 PM
lol, all thing are expressable in a mathematical form (supposedly) but the equations fail when attempting to express a singularity mathematically.The same is true in the world of quantum mechanics.

all I was hoping for was a greater explaination that didnt require a genius to understand.

Freakazoid
03-29-2013, 09:14 PM
lol, all thing are expressable in a mathematical form (supposedly) but the equations fail when attempting to express a singularity mathematically.The same is true in the world of quantum mechanics.

all I was hoping for was a greater explaination that didnt require a genius to understand.

I don't know where you're getting this but you're wrong.

Contrary to pop physics, it's not true that all laws of physics break down at a singularity. It's just hard to express or to quantify infinity. Usually this just means that there's something wrong with your theory. However, because these singularities are persistent throughout almost all theories, it leads some scientists to believe that these singularities are real.

There have been numerous theories to try and solve this problem but they haven't found any substantial proof to back them up. For example, string theory was proposed to solve this problem but a lot of physicists just think it's "pretty math". Which is why I kind of find it funny that we're so opposed to evolution but we have no problem investing trillions of dollars into unproven theories.

stephkyle7
03-31-2013, 11:53 PM
i got it from watching SCI...trying to read scintific work on this stuff leaves me totally fried(lol).Its just too layered a topic..before you can follow the "jargon" you need to be half way to being a genius.

I get it.
thats kinda the price of admission right?,I mean if you dont understand the equations to begin with then how can you understand the conclusions?
But it is really fascinating.
But many of the "through the worm hole" and how the universe was formed programming have reputable scientists making that claim(of mathimatic failure).Ive heard a lot about string and recently about membranes..suggesting certain forces just "bleed" into our universe explaining how and why different forces have differing impacts...Ive also read where there is some suggestion that there are singularities of different proportion throughout the universe like a piece of swiss cheese.
But what I was hoping someone might have a greater knowledge to offer was the idea that SMBH,are actually the builders of the universal bodies.

One explaination i heard was that the incredible destructive force in the area of the event horizon is destroying (towards the singularity) and "creating" towards the "safe" zone/Creating in the sense of smashing huge amounts of various matter together into planetary bodies.

This appealled to my impression of balance being the one most imporatnt concept of existence,finding it...mantaining it..if that idea was true, it would suggest to me that even the UIniverse seeks balance.