PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Forum Mock-Trade Deadline: 1) Miami vs 1) San Antonio

Shammyguy3
03-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Hey everyone. The Bulls' Forum had a Mock-Trade Deadline game again this year, and we need as many votes possible to determine which teams will advance and ultimately which two teams will face each other in the Finals. So please vote for the team that you feel will win in a 7-game series and post why you think so. Assume complete-health for all players. Thanks!

1. Miami Heat
G: Tony Parker - Norris Cole
G: Ray Allen - Danny Green
F: Lebron James - Shane Battier - Mike Miller
F: Chris Bosh - Udonis Haslem - Rashard Lewis
C: Tiago Splitter - Joel Anthony - Dexter Pittman

1. San Antonio Spurs
PG: Mario Chalmers - Iman Shumpert - Garrett Temple
SG: Dwyane Wade - Jordan Crawford - Alec Burks
SF: Kawhi Leonard - Luc Ricard Mbah a Moute
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge - Reggie Evans - Luc Ricard Mbah a Moute
C: Al Horford - Chris "Birdman" Anderson - Ryan Hollins - Johan Petro

San Antonio's Write-Up:
First off, I would like to congratulate the Heat on making the Finals. They are a very good team and they deserve it. But, they will not be the team hoisting the trophy after this game. My Spurs are the best team and will win this playoff series.

Offensive philosophy:
On my team I have one of the best playmakers and scorers in the NBA with Dwyane Wade. He is an elite, top offensive player in the league and will wreak havoc on any team's defense. But, on this team I have given Wade something that he has never had before with Al Horford and LaMarcus Aldridge. These are two great offensive big men that also compliment eachother very well. And with me having these 3 elite offensive players, it would be very hard for the defense to double team any one of them, because it would leave single coverage on the others and mismatches around the court. Another perk with these bigs they are also solid midrange shooters. With Wade being one of the best slashers in the game, he will crash the defense and be able to kick it out to Al or Aldridge for an open shot. I also have ample floor spacing from players like Chalmers (a guy that always turns up his game in the playoffs) and Kawhi, a very underrated player that has really made a name for himself recently. The key to my offense though is my big-men play, and Miami simply doesn't have the defenders that can handle covering Al and Aldridge in one on one situations. They will terrorize their frontline the entire series.

Defensive Philosophy:
LeBron James and Tony Parker simply is not a very good fit. They both have been ball dominant players throughout their careers, and they would take a lot of time to finally figure out how to play together, just like LeBron and Wade did. I also have great defenders to match up against their stars. One of Chalmers, Shumpert, or Wade will be on Parker at all times. They are all above-average defenders at worst, and will cause serious trouble for Parker. Then we have Kawhi Leonard and Luc Ricard Mbah a Moute to cover LeBron. They both are also very good defenders with the speed, agility, and size to hang with LeBron. Of course Parker and LeBron will still score quite a bit, but with those defenders, as well as my bigs in the paint, they will be forced to take more outside shots than normal and therefore will have poor efficiency. Al Horford and Birdman will be able to help out a lot in the paint because of the lack of offensive firepower from their Center position, limiting the Heat's points in the paint. Overall, I have enough great defenders and help defenders to deter LeBron and Parker from taking over this series.

Bottom Line:
I win this series because of my big men. Aldridge and Horford is a ridiculous duo, and the Heat have no one capable of stopping them. And with a proven Finals MVP also on my side, I know that my offense will dominate their defense for enough games to win this series. My elite defenders on the other side of the ball are the other big reason why I will win the Finals. LeBron and Tony will be slowed down by my defenders, and will not take over this series like my big men and Wade will.

*** Miami has Home-Court Advantage. The Heat did not send in a write-up.

DallasTrilla23
03-24-2013, 10:23 PM
This is tough.

I like the spurs tho.

unleashthebeast
03-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Didn't realize he was starting Ray, I like my chances even more then:

Ray Allen covering Wade :drool:
Bosh covering LMA :drool:
Splitter covering Al :drool:

Goodluck to the heat! This should be a fun matchup.

akesh99
03-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Heat in 7. Spurs team is really nice but TP and Bron would be too much for them IMO

xxplayerxx23
03-24-2013, 10:38 PM
Spurs in 6. The bigs are to much for Miami and Leonard is a tough defender. Bron and Parker would have nice series but to much size and lebron would use a lot of Energy on wade.. Allen would get destroyed trying to guard wade so I assume lebron would see some time on him.

unleashthebeast
03-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Lets get some conversation started in here, it looks pretty close so far :)

celtics 34
03-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Didn't realize he was starting Ray, I like my chances even more then:

Ray Allen covering Wade :drool:
Bosh covering LMA :drool:
Splitter covering Al :drool:

Goodluck to the heat! This should be a fun matchup.

nope i would actually have danny green starting.

knicks=love
03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
nope i would actually have danny green starting.

probably should've clarified that to the commish..

haggis
03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
I absolutely love this Spurs team.

celtics 34
03-25-2013, 07:17 PM
probably should've clarified that to the commish..

eh i really dont mind it

Shammyguy3
03-25-2013, 09:30 PM
The reason why Ray Allen is your starting guard is because when I checked the clubhouses after the deadline passed on the 5th of March he was your starter. In case you were wondering why.

unleashthebeast
03-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Damn I would love to see this series in real life, would be crazy. LeBron and TP and Bosh vs. Wade and the bigs, with a ring on the line? Count me in.

Ebbs
03-26-2013, 04:30 AM
Lol Bosh covering LMA is a pro for the Heat

Shammyguy3
03-26-2013, 02:14 PM
keep the votes/comments comin

Gators123
03-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Heat.

Shammyguy3
03-28-2013, 01:01 AM
last day for votes guys.... please add to the poll count!

DR_1
03-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Heat in 6. LeBron and TP sounds just awesome

knicks=love
03-28-2013, 04:37 PM
i thought this would be closer than it is

Shammyguy3
03-28-2013, 05:21 PM
21-15 is pretty darn close... 0.583 win % is just a tick above winning 4 games out of 7 (0.571%). That's how i view it at least :laugh2: