PDA

View Full Version : Arron Afflalo out for remainder of season

kdspurman
03-24-2013, 04:42 PM
The Orlando Magic will shut down starting guard Arron Afflalo for the rest of the season due to a right hamstring injury, a source confirmed to ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9092749/orlando-magic-sit-arron-afflalo-rest-season-due-hamstring-injury-source

Lakers + Giants
03-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Good for orlando, less competitive, higher chance at the #1 pick.

ManRam
03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
aw ****...there goes our playoff chances

dhopisthename
03-24-2013, 05:31 PM
always intersting when the best player on a bad team gets "shut down" with an injury any time you get hurt at all.

KnicksorBust
03-24-2013, 05:35 PM
aw ****...there goes our playoff chances

:laugh:

Do you even like Afflalo?

ManRam
03-24-2013, 05:39 PM
:laugh:

Do you even like Afflalo?

i don't mind him. he's been required to play a role on this team that he's not suited for. lots of magic fans do dislike him because he plays as if he's a #1 option yet doesn't succeed like one. i'd like him traded eventually, but i don't hate him.

this just opens up more minutes for the youth. i think it's best we're shutting him down for all parties involved.

KnicksorBust
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
i don't mind him. he's been required to play a role on this team that he's not suited for. lots of magic fans do dislike him because he plays as if he's a #1 option yet doesn't succeed like one. i'd like him traded eventually, but i don't hate him.

this just opens up more minutes for the youth. i think it's best we're shutting him down for all parties involved.

He's better than the player that I'm about to mention... but... it reminds me a lot of the Trevor Ariza situation when he went to Houston after his good year with the Lakers. Ariza went from being a great role player and effecient scorer to just a train wreck trying to play Kobe/Wade iso ball.

KnicksorBust
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Fill in the blank... "A team can win a title with Arron Afflalo as their _________ (2nd/3rd/4th/5th) option."

D-Leethal
03-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Fill in the blank... "A team can win a title with Arron Afflalo as their _________ (2nd/3rd/4th/5th) option."

I think he can be your 3rd if you have a very strong 1-2 scoring punch but might be better suited for a 4th on a team that relies on depth or whose star is their PG who likes to distribute ala Rondo or Nash. I would personally like the Knicks to look into something around Shump for Afflalo but that might be short sighted the way Shump seems to slowly but surely getting his swagger back defensively and the 3 point shot has pretty much been money all year. Afflalo seems like a prime fit at starting SG and we wouldn't have to rely so heavily on JR for 30-35 mpg.

This is a good thing for Orlando. Probably just getting some 'precautionary' stuff done that normally would wait until the offseason and going full fledged tank mode.

RLundi
03-24-2013, 06:04 PM

4th. He's better suited to be a lockdown defender and shoot the 3. When he tries to pursue his offense he gets more inefficient. This year he hasn't shot great from 3. I don't mind Afflalo but I want him gone next year so Harkless can take over the position. We have a logjam at the 2 and 3 spots and since Afflalo is making the most money and is the oldest, I'd like to see him gracefully exit.

ManRam
03-24-2013, 06:05 PM

3/4...depends on who is ahead of him.

RLundi
03-24-2013, 06:06 PM
I think he can be your 3rd if you have a very strong 1-2 scoring punch but might be better suited for a 4th on a team that relies on depth or whose star is their PG who likes to distribute ala Rondo or Nash. I would personally like the Knicks to look into something around Shump for Afflalo but that might be short sighted the way Shump seems to slowly but surely getting his swagger back defensively and the 3 point shot has pretty much been money all year. Afflalo seems like a prime fit at starting SG and we wouldn't have to rely so heavily on JR for 30-35 mpg.

This is a good thing for Orlando. Probably just getting some 'precautionary' stuff done that normally would wait until the offseason and going full fledged tank mode.

I'd take Shump and a late draft pick if possible. Or just Shump to be honest. Afflalo is the better player but Shumpert is younger, cheaper and can be that defensive stopper we need. That way he can come off the bench without any problem.

nycericanguy
03-24-2013, 06:20 PM
I'd take Shump and a late draft pick if possible. Or just Shump to be honest. Afflalo is the better player but Shumpert is younger, cheaper and can be that defensive stopper we need. That way he can come off the bench without any problem.

Makes alot of sense for both teams.

Do you guys want Glen Davis? I could also see him being a good piece for NY.

It would have to be a Camby/Novak/Shump for AAA/Davis kinda deal. Camby's deal is only guaranteed for next season so ORL would save a ton of money and get Shump.

Tmath
03-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Tank move

Tmath
03-24-2013, 06:24 PM

It would have to be a Camby/Novak/Shump for AAA/Davis kinda deal. Camby's deal is only guaranteed for next season so ORL would save a ton of money and get Shump.

Lol

Kuya_Clive
03-24-2013, 06:29 PM
No, my second best sg on my fantasy team.

Lakers + Giants
03-24-2013, 06:31 PM
No, my second best sg on my fantasy team.

That's sad.

Stunner
03-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Deng for AA and Davis

ManRam
03-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Deng for AA and Davis

financially, I'd do it. helps us get further under the cap after next season.

however, it makes us better than we need to be next year, and just further builds up the logjam at SF. i'd love to dump those two off for an expiring, but i'd honestly prefer a crappy expiring.

nycericanguy
03-24-2013, 06:38 PM
financially, I'd do it. helps us get further under the cap after next season.

however, it makes us better than we need to be next year, and just further builds up the logjam at SF. i'd love to dump those two off for an expiring, but i'd honestly prefer a crappy expiring.

CHI won't add more years in salary... how about NY's package?

RLundi
03-24-2013, 06:38 PM

Are you kidding me?? HE'S YOURS. Some in the Magic forum have even talked about trading him for a second-rounder. Whatever, as long as he's gone.

Honestly, I think he'd help you guys out immensely. The problem is, some guys aren't suited to be a number 1 or 2. This season, he's been out number one, and it's been abysmal. But as a role player, he'd be extremely valuable on a contending team. Hell, I wouldn't mind having him but he'd be averse to coming off the bench behind a rookie and I'd rather develop our young guys.

rocket
03-24-2013, 06:51 PM
tank sity

JEDean89
03-24-2013, 07:03 PM
this trade just keeps looking better and better for denver, they really robbed everyone.

ManRam
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
this trade just keeps looking better and better for denver, they really robbed everyone.

are you insinuating that this is a bad development for Orlando?

as for that knicks proposed trade, i'd do it too. novak's salary isn't completely unbearable, though, i certainly don't like it.

ThaDubs
03-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Magic just went from terrible to worse, hopefully this increases their chances at the #1 pick.

nycericanguy
03-24-2013, 07:14 PM
are you insinuating that this is a bad development for Orlando?

as for that knicks proposed trade, i'd do it too. novak's salary isn't completely unbearable, though, i certainly don't like it.

man that would be a great deal for NY then... gives us a legit 2 guard and insurance for Amare. Losing Novak would hurt though.

Novak's deal keeps going down I believe, so he makes just over $3m the final 2 years... it was a front loaded contract.

amos1er
03-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Eh...Orlando is tanking anyways.

NBA_Starter
03-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Hate it for him, hopefully he has a full speedy recovery.

Kuya_Clive
03-24-2013, 09:39 PM
That's sad.

Not too bad. I got a ton of guards. Lowry, Curry, Nelson, Mo Willaims, Wesley Matthews.

macc
03-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Looks like my Magic team won't be competing for the title this year.... I'm fine with him being out. i like his game but it gives our rookies/2nd year players to get more pt. Though I think half my team is rookies as is.

AA shouldn't be on our team, hopefully we trade him to a contending team were he would be a better fit. He's a good player but he's playing as a #1 option when in reality he's more suited to be a 3rd/4th option player.

I want my team to get the #1 pic but I think we'll be taking the same player reguardless if we have the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft and that would be Marcus Smart.