PDA

View Full Version : Avery Bradley dunks on Davis!

sunsfan88
03-24-2013, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9HuRWgaIwk

This dunk is more impressive to me than others cause this is a guard dunking on a big man. :clap:

SwatTeam
03-24-2013, 03:28 PM
It was good but not that impressive. Honestly, it was an offensive foul. If you look closely he moves the defenders arm out of the way to avoid a potential block . . . . . . . NEXT!

RLundi
03-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Meh.

Tmath
03-24-2013, 03:42 PM
offensive foul

Utd7
03-24-2013, 03:46 PM
It was ight.

b@llhog24
03-24-2013, 03:48 PM
It was ok.

GiantsSwaGG
03-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Offensive foul

lamzoka
03-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Offensive Foul

TO Rapz
03-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Foul to the offense

NewjackNY
03-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Better than Lebrons dunk

ThaDubs
03-24-2013, 04:30 PM
He grabbed his arm haha.

mjt20mik
03-24-2013, 04:33 PM
offensive foul

ChitownSports16
03-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Best dunk in the last month

Green_Monster
03-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Good dunk over a guy 8 inches taller than him. Davis was in the circle.

DallasTrilla23
03-24-2013, 05:21 PM
The dunk was good. Offensive foul or not, Davis wasn't going to block that anyways lol He was underneath the basket.

dalton749
03-24-2013, 05:36 PM
davis would have had that block no doubt if he didnt push him a way

Celticsfan2007
03-24-2013, 05:48 PM
I love how some posters can say Lebrons dunk over Terry was awesome/amazing/best dunk evarrrrrr type dunk, when hes got 80lbs, 7 inches and is 7 years younger on a 3v1 situation....

Yet, when a guard legit dunks on a big man who was IN THE CIRCLE, people just say "offensive foul" or "meh".

Good job guys, keep stroking lebrons epeen...

Some of the posters in this forum are laughable.

Celticsfan2007
03-24-2013, 05:50 PM
davis would have had that block no doubt if he didnt push him a way

he was under the rim?

:confused:

knicksfan42
03-24-2013, 06:07 PM
In the circle or not you can't push off with your hand.

Celticsfan2007
03-24-2013, 06:36 PM
In the circle or not you can't push off with your hand.

Actually, you can.

Its considered incedental contact since both players are in the air.

Also, since Ed Davis jumped from within the circle, he was technically jumping into Bradleys "area" on the play since he had not established any legal position of his own on the court.

Baller1
03-24-2013, 06:36 PM
That was nice.

Celticsfan2007
03-24-2013, 06:41 PM
It's pretty clear to me that most posters in this forum have no idea what the rules of NBA basketball are.

If you called this an offensive foul you need to go check the rule book again.

rocket
03-24-2013, 06:52 PM
I like the part where he grabbed Davis's arm pulled it forward so he couldn't block him.

Swashcuff
03-24-2013, 07:01 PM

Tell me something if a defending player is standing in the circle and the offensive player drop kicks him and half heatedly throws up what is supposed be an attempt is that a blocking foul? It matters not if a player is in the circle or not especially in this instance if it is an offensive foul its an offensive foul and being in the circle has nothing to do with that. He obstructed the defending from attempting to block/alter the shot by leading with his off hand. On more cases than not that's an offensive foul.

Swashcuff
03-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Actually, you can.

Also, since Ed Davis jumped from within the circle, he was technically jumping into Bradleys "area" on the play since he had not established any legal position of his own on the court.

Actually you can't. You are not allowed to lead with your off hand/legs when attempting to make any basket.

By your reasoning I can run the down the floor every time with a closed fist and attempt to punch anyone out of my way who's in the circle attempting to block a shot.

LeBron's dunk was more impressive because plain and simple it was. It was nothing special but was better than this regardless.

Swashcuff
03-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Actually, you can.

Actually you can't. You are not allowed to lead with your off hand/legs when attempting to make any basket.

By your reasoning I can run the down the floor every time with a closed fist and attempt to punch anyone out of my way who's in the circle attempting to block a shot.

LeBron's dunk was more impressive because plain and simple it was. It was nothing special but was better than this regardless.

ThaDubs
03-24-2013, 07:07 PM

That's not why it was an offensive foul. It was an offensive foul because he grabbed his arm so he wouldn't get blocked.

ThaDubs
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Actually, you can.

No... you can't.

NYMetros
03-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Actually, you can.

All of this is wrong. He pushed off, get over it.

It's a nice dunk though.

Iron24th
03-24-2013, 07:15 PM
It was good but not that impressive. Honestly, it was an offensive foul. If you look closely he moves the defenders arm out of the way to avoid a potential block . . . . . . . NEXT!

This

Green_Monster
03-24-2013, 07:27 PM
That's not why it was an offensive foul. It was an offensive foul because he grabbed his arm so he wouldn't get blocked.

Did I say it wasn't an offensive foul?

Swashcuff
03-24-2013, 07:28 PM
All of this is wrong. He pushed off, get over it.

It's a nice dunk though.

Had it been Tony Allen doing that to Garnett he'd be in here singing a totally different story.

NBA_Starter
03-24-2013, 07:49 PM
It was alright.

Blitzbolt
03-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Not cool at all offensive foul all the way.

Celticsfan2007
03-24-2013, 10:58 PM
LOL@anyone who thinks that's an offensive foul...

Yup. It's official.

The nba forum is full of ill informed wannabe fans who don't even know basketball 101

This place disgusts me.

koreancabbage
03-24-2013, 11:37 PM

Yup. It's official.

The nba forum is full of ill informed wannabe fans who don't even know basketball 101

This place disgusts me.

clearly he grabbed Davis' arm to prevent him from blocking that shot. that was not incidental contact at all there was a grab by Bradley. As well, if the arm wasn't fully extended I would say that was a great dunk but he had his arm fully extended to prevent the defender from making an attempt at the block.

doesn't matter if it was outside or inside the circle (which applies to charge and blocks) If Davis wasn't impeded on the play, that would have been a block.

VinceCarter
03-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Davis was directly under the basket which makes this a lot less impressive since Avery was already putting the dunk down by the time Davis was "on him". And it was an offensive foul. Dunk of the game? Sure. Dunk of the week? Probably not.

ewing
03-24-2013, 11:42 PM
I can do that

Dade County
03-25-2013, 12:51 AM
offensive foul

this

ThaDubs
03-25-2013, 12:56 AM
I love how some posters can say Lebrons dunk over Terry was awesome/amazing/best dunk evarrrrrr type dunk, when hes got 80lbs, 7 inches and is 7 years younger on a 3v1 situation....

Yet, when a guard legit dunks on a big man who was IN THE CIRCLE, people just say "offensive foul" or "meh".

Good job guys, keep stroking lebrons epeen...

Some of the posters in this forum are laughable.

You look like such a homer. :facepalm:

LeBron's dunk was incredible because he hung in the air and knocked that ***** to the ground (like he's always deserved). This one was an offensive foul and it's so blatant that I can't believe you're actually trying to convince yourself that it's not.

ThaDubs
03-25-2013, 12:58 AM
Did I say it wasn't an offensive foul?

Regardless you're still wrong lol.

tdg823
03-25-2013, 01:38 AM
Davis was directly under the basket which makes this a lot less impressive since Avery was already putting the dunk down by the time Davis was "on him". And it was an offensive foul. Dunk of the game? Sure. Dunk of the week? Probably not.

Why has no one applieds that same logic to lebron's dunk yet? Wasn't he putting the dunk down by the time Terry was "on him"? Terry barely got up in the air before it was all over. This dunk was more impressive than lebron's, offensive foul or not.

SportsFanatic10
03-25-2013, 01:40 AM

Yup. It's official.

This place disgusts me.

dude you are wrong just admit it. nice dunk by bradley but yes he got away with a foul. the defender being in the circle just means you can't be called for a charge. but it doesn't mean the offensive player can throw a stiff arm or grab the defenders arm to shield the ball. and as a heat fan i'm not here to downgrade this to try and make lebron's dunk seem better or anything. i personally wasn't blown away by lebron's dunk, i was just happy it was on terry because naturally as a heat fan i hate him.

anyways it really is pretty clearly a foul i can't believe you'd argue otherwise and accuse people of not knowing basketball 101 lol...

http://losthatsportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/avery-bradley-dunk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fQ2lcFA.jpg

t_money25
03-25-2013, 01:53 AM
This Celtic fan is delusional....the NBA owes Davis and the Grizzlies an apology for not calling that CLEAR offensive foul. Still a nice dunk though.

DumDum
03-25-2013, 02:25 AM
It's cool

Green_Monster
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Regardless you're still wrong lol.

What?

koreancabbage
03-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Why has no one applieds that same logic to lebron's dunk yet? Wasn't he putting the dunk down by the time Terry was "on him"? Terry barely got up in the air before it was all over. This dunk was more impressive than lebron's, offensive foul or not.

honestly. the dunk by Lebron wasn't that impressive. not even in his top 10 of all time. The dunk was impressive because it was an exclamation to what Terry had said about the Heat the week before and b/c it was Terry who got dunked on. in the context of all things, it was impressive. outside of it, just like any ordinary dunk LeBron does.

As for Bradley, offensive foul

king4day
03-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Meh. Davis was under the rim and had no shot at it.