PDA

View Full Version : Pick one player, coach, and executive you are surprised still has a job.

beasted86
03-23-2013, 09:05 PM
As the title states, pick one player, coach, and executive you are surprised still has a contract in the NBA and has not been cut by their team.

My picks:

Player: Jannero Pargo
I don't know what it is that he's supposed to be good at that keeps him in the NBA. Scoring? No. Shooting? No. Defense? No. Passing? No. Athleticism? No. I just don't know.

Coach: Randy Wittman
I don't get why any sane GM would hire this guy as their head coach. He has been the head coach in over 400 games and has had a losing record throughout.

Executive: Joe Dumars
I really wanted to pick Bryan Colangelo, but Dumars really takes the take. Break up a championship contender and trade Finals MVP Billups for past prime Iverson. Denver goes to the WCF, Detroit goes to first round fast food. Spend said acquired cap space on Ben Gordon and Charlie V, two one dimensional scorers. Sign Rodney Sucky to a $36M contract. I can go on... Drummond can't make up for the rest.

Meatmypet
03-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Del Negro
David Khan
Kwame Brown

D12 fan
03-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Player: Udonis Haslem
Seriously what is he good at?

Coach: Lawrence Frank

Executive: Bryan Colangelo

HouRealCoach
03-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Player: Jason Collins

Coach: Vinny Del Negro

Joe Dumars did bad with signing Villanueva & Gordon but since then he's created cap space and have a good young core with Monroe, Drummond, & Knight (if they re-sign Calderon) they will be much better over the next couple of years. Hopefully they draft a wing that can score (McLemore, Muhammed, etc.). Dude has done pretty good the last couple of years

Yankeefan213
03-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Player: LeBron James: How does he still play???
Coach: Erik Spoelstra: He sucks
Pat Riley: He sucks.

HouRealCoach
03-23-2013, 09:30 PM
& whoever Utah's management guy is has been horrible this year

J_M_B
03-23-2013, 09:31 PM

Do you ever contribute anything besides trolling your hardest?

D12 fan
03-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Do you ever contribute anything besides trolling your hardest?
Haslem sucks dude.

J_M_B
03-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Haslem sucks dude.

You're baiting Heat fans ..

There is no denying that Haslem's production has slipped this year, but the OP asked to state a player that shouldn't have a job in the NBA.

You don't think he belongs in the league? I know very well that most teams would welcome Udonis with open arms. He's still one of the better offensive rebounders in the league, as well as a quality interior defender, who can also hit that 18 foot jump shot.

Not to mention, he's on a very team friendly contract ..

D12 fan
03-23-2013, 09:55 PM
You're baiting Heat fans ..

There is no denying that Haslem's production has slipped this year, but the OP asked to state a player that shouldn't have a job in the NBA.

You don't think he belongs in the league? I know very well that most teams would welcome Udonis with open arms. He's still one of the better offensive rebounders in the league, as well as a quality interior defender, who can also hit that 18 foot jump shot.

Not to mention, he's on a very team friendly contract ..
You call that baiting Heat fans?

Haslem sucks IMO, I don't care what other people think it's my opinion.

Read Yankeefan213 post, that is what you call baiting Heat fans.

Tmath
03-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Aaron Gray, Bryan Colangelo & Dwayne Casey

/thread

DallasTrilla23
03-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Executive: Whoever is running the kings

Player: Juwan Howard. C'mon, They should just make him part of the coaching staff.

Coach: D'Antoni

Guppyfighter
03-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Whichever group decided to not trade Al in Utah.

Captain Moroni
03-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Landry fields
Mike Dantoni
Micheal Jordan the executive.

asandhu23
03-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Whichever group decided to not trade Al in Utah.

you know.... i am shocked you didn't mention a certain player.

black1605
03-23-2013, 11:36 PM
As the title states, pick one player, coach, and executive you are surprised still has a contract in the NBA and has not been cut by their team.

My picks:

I don't know what it is that he's supposed to be good at that keeps him in the NBA. Scoring? No. Shooting? No. Defense? No. Passing? No. Athleticism? No. I just don't know.

He's been pretty solid so far in his brief stay in Charlotte.

Player: Dominic McGuire

Cromedome
03-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Player: Jared Jeffries

Coach: Mike D'antoni
Here we go, here we go, here we go....let's go, let's go, let's go. When we lose, i'll make jokes during the post game. Great coach.

Executive: James Dolan.

Jimmer55
03-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Keith Smart.

/thread

JasonJohnHorn
03-24-2013, 12:20 AM

Joe Dumars has easily done a FAR better job than Coangelo. He is human, he's made some mistakes, but he turned the Grant Hill signing with Orlando into a trade that landed a corner stone to a championship team and back-to-back finals appearances, while Orlando fell into the lottery.

Dumars has performed very well in the draft save the Darko experiment: Drummond, Monroe, Prince, Amir Johnson, Jason Maxiell, Singler, Stuckey, Delfino, Okur, and save Drummond and Monroe those were all late first-rounders or second rounders. The only team that has drafted that well in recent memory with late picks is the Spurs.

His trades have been pretty good too. Everybody though he was getting robbed when he moved Stackhouse for Hamilton, but that proved the right move, and he managed to land Sheed which put them over the top in getting the championship. Managed to bring in corlos Williamson. And he's brought in good vet via free agency: Webber, McDysse, Billups. Manning. Coleman. Good guys that could contribute and in many cases other teams had passed up on.

He made two bad signings: Gordon and Charlie-V. And he didn't blow up a title team. The Pistons at that point were good enough to win a series or two in the post season, but weren't winning it all. Making that trade was a risk, but it was one that opened up the salary cap if it didn't pay off. As for letting Okur and Big Ben walk in free agency, that was the owner's call.

Dumars has easily been one of the best executives in the league over the last 15 years. The Pistons are rebuilding, it happens to every team. He made two bad signings, and I think though Knight is good Dumars made a mistake there in passing up on Klay, but other than that he has drafted very well.

JasonJohnHorn
03-24-2013, 12:21 AM
Player: I honestly can't think of a guy in the league who isn't good enough to be there.
Coach: 'Antoni
Exec: Coangelo

Hardaway Here
03-24-2013, 12:36 AM

If you were gonna pick a Heat player you should of picked who I pick Rashard Lewis. He literally does absolutely nothing. Haslem on the other hand leads the Heat in charges taken this year. Rebounds an okay defender and good for a mid range J here in there.

Player: Rashard Lewis
Coach: Both LA Coaches

Manimal
03-24-2013, 07:32 AM
The bad GM list:
David Kahn
Bryan Colangelo
Geoff Petrie
Ernie Grunfeld

Yankeefan213
03-24-2013, 10:05 AM
You call that baiting Heat fans?

Haslem sucks IMO, I don't care what other people think it's my opinion.

Read Yankeefan213 post, that is what you call baiting Heat fans.

That is what you call joking

Vinylman
03-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Player ... Diop
coach ... Dandummy
Executive ... Jimbaco Buss(t)

Sactown
03-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Player: Austin Rivers

Coach: Keith Smart
Front Office: Washington

Gators123
03-24-2013, 11:08 AM

My picks:

Coach: Randy Wittman
I don't get why any sane GM would hire this guy as their head coach. He has been the head coach in over 400 games and has had a losing record throughout.

I really wanted to pick Bryan Colangelo, but Dumars really takes the take. Break up a championship contender and trade Finals MVP Billups for past prime Iverson. Denver goes to the WCF, Detroit goes to first round fast food. Spend said acquired cap space on Ben Gordon and Charlie V, two one dimensional scorers. Sign Rodney Sucky to a $36M contract. I can go on... Drummond can't make up for the rest.

:confused: Stuckey signed a 3 year $25M contract and the 3rd year (next season) is only partiality guaranteed. And he didn't break up a championship contender. Everybody knew that team was done competing for championships. The problem was who he signed with Iversons expiring contract.

Hes done a great job of drafting the last few years.

Trading Prince for Calderons expiring contract was great. Now we have Drummond, Monroe with some solid role players and a ton of cap space this off-season.

Big Zo
03-24-2013, 12:34 PM
D'antoni should be the first coach in everyone's mind.

JeffG20
03-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Player: Austin Rivers

Coach: Keith Smart
Front Office: Washington

Rivers has improved alot since his first few months. earlier this year i would have been with you. his defense was fantastic before the injury and he was shooting respectable numbers toward the end.

at the very least he deserves another year and a full offseason to work on his game

JeffG20
03-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Royce White

KobeOwnSU
03-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Player: Ebanks

Coach: D'Antoni

Executive: Jim Buss (seriously, D'Antoni over Jackson??)

TopsyTurvy
03-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Coach: Del Negro

Manager: (Tie)

Billy King/Prokhorov (whoever is running that Nets debacle)
The entire Warriors franchise. That front office...

Player: Landry Fields

Guppyfighter
03-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Coach: Del Negro

Manager: (Tie)

Billy King/Prokhorov (whoever is running that Nets debacle)
The entire Warriors franchise. That front office...

Player: Landry Fields

Uh Warriors changed ownership and front office personnel, the results are already showing, ****.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Aaron Gray, Bryan Colangelo & Dwayne Casey

/thread

Aaron makes game winning screens in crunch time, true nba player.

NewEraFt.ET12
03-25-2013, 12:26 AM
Everyone has a job for a reason.. but I'd say:

Juwan Howard - I know he is there for leadership but he is useless on the court. he doesn even wear a uniform
Keith Smart - yea
COllangelo - raptors fans need to stop supporting that franchise to get him out of there

TylerSL
03-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Player: Dexter Pittman-The dude is just terrible. Not good at anything contributing to basketball. Can't score, pass, defend, block, dribble, and definitely can't run.

Coach: Mike D'Antoni-Just the absolute worst coach in the NBA. He cannot fix the 1 glaring problem that has been facing that team all season, defense. He continues to refuse to instill any defense in his team and it has shown, as he has an embarrassing record of 31-29 with the Lakers.

Executive: Geoff Petrie-The garbage that has been going on in Sacramento the 5 years is more than cringe-worthy. Ruining the development of Tyreke Evans, giving away Thomas Robinson like 6 months after spending a top 5 pick on him.....

Deception
03-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Player: Diop
Coach: Mike Dunlap
GM: Boylan