PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol out indefinitely with Abdominal Tear

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 1h
Grizzlies center Marc Gasol re-aggravated an abdominal tear on March 22 at New Orleans and will be out indefinitely. .

Cal827
03-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Bye Memphis.

b@llhog24
03-23-2013, 08:59 PM
**** Memphis's life.

c.c.
03-23-2013, 09:16 PM
I hope the Rockets play them first round now lol

mzgrizz
03-23-2013, 09:28 PM
The rumors of our demise are greatly exaggerated.
We will keep it together until he's back I'm sure

Strumpy
03-23-2013, 09:41 PM

How do you know the team isn't going to crumble without him?
You have no idea, and neither does anyone else.

DallasTrilla23
03-23-2013, 09:46 PM

But the rumors of my fantasy team's demise aren't.

mzgrizz
03-23-2013, 09:48 PM
How do you know the team isn't going to crumble without him?
You have no idea, and neither does anyone else.

Of course I do. What's the score right now without him? We can play small ball ,too. And he'll be back by the playoffs at the latest. It's obvious you haven't watched the Grizz play much if at all. This team is not built around one player, no matter how big a piece he is.

mzgrizz
03-23-2013, 09:48 PM
But the rumors of my fantasy team's demise aren't.

Haha ! I'll give you that one. Sorry, man.

Slug3
03-23-2013, 10:01 PM
This is what bosh had last playoffs and he missed like 5 weeks. He should be back just in time for the playoffs.

Hellcrooner
03-24-2013, 12:38 AM
:mad:

goku
03-24-2013, 01:12 AM
Of course I do. What's the score right now without him? We can play small ball ,too. And he'll be back by the playoffs at the latest. It's obvious you haven't watched the Grizz play much if at all. This team is not built around one player, no matter how big a piece he is.

this is where rudy gay will be missed he could take up the scoring slack something i dont think prince can do at this point in his career teams can easily just focus on Z-bo

HYFR
03-24-2013, 01:21 AM
That's devastating for them. Man... Hope he comes back quick

kylem4711
03-24-2013, 01:22 AM
that sucks for memphis..

OceanSpray
03-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Huge loss. Hope he comes back because the team would be average without him.

Captain Moroni
03-24-2013, 01:52 AM
Ouch for Memphis, I know the Knicks struggled against tougher teams without Tyson Chandler, could be a Rough road ahead. they still have a lot of talent though.

beasted86
03-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Same injury Bosh had last year. He will be out a few weeks.

KnicksorBust
03-24-2013, 07:27 PM

I get that and I respect your confidence but he's without a doubt your most important player and makes life so much easier on both ends of the floor. Even though I still doubt them (with Gasol) it's a huge hit for a team that had a lot of positive momentum going in their favor.

amos1er
03-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Ouch...sucks for the Grizzlies. Would love to match up with them in the first round now. lol

amos1er
03-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Same injury Bosh had last year. He will be out a few weeks.

Bosh was only able to comeback because the Heat made it far enough in the playoffs to give him the needed rest. Doubtful that the Grizz will have the same advantages especially considering they wont get to coast against easy teams in the playoffs like the Heat have the luxury of doing in the weak east.

Blitzbolt
03-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Marc Gasol said he wants to play but the trainers don't let him so I don't see this as a big issue at all.

Slug3
03-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Bosh was only able to comeback because the Heat made it far enough in the playoffs to give him the needed rest. Doubtful that the Grizz will have the same advantages especially considering they wont get to coast against easy teams in the playoffs like the Heat have the luxury of doing in the weak east.

Did you watch any of the damn games? Indy was a hard series and Biston went 7 games.

amos1er
03-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Did you watch any of the damn games? Indy was a hard series and Biston went 7 games.

lol Indy was only hard because Wade didn't have his knee drained yet and they didn't have Bosh. Which brings me back to my point...The Heat had the luxury of facing lesser teams while Bosh recovered. The Grizz won't have that luxury in the west. That poster said that that this situation with Gasol is similar to what happened with Bosh last year and I pointed out how it wasn't. If last years Heat had to face one of the elite western conference teams (OKC, San Antonio, Lakers, Grizzlies, Clippers) in the second round with no Bosh and a pre-knee drained Wade, they would have had a much tougher task at hand than the Pacers and most likely would not have had the luxury of resting Bosh till the finals.