PDA

View Full Version : Kings are NOT moving to SEA? Deal struck to build a new arena in SAC

grandsalami
03-23-2013, 07:40 PM
https://twitter.com/KJ_MayorJohnson

Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson says his city has reached a preliminary agreement for a new downtown arena with an investment group that hopes to keep the Kings from moving to Seattle.

Johnson announced the agreement Saturday on his Twitter account. He said the group includes Silicon Valley software tycoon Vivek Ranadive, 24 Hour Fitness founder Mark Mastrov and billionaire Ron Burkle.

The City Council is planning to vote on the non-binding term sheet Tuesday.

The city plans to contribute about $258 million to the $448 million project by leasing out parking garages and land. Johnson said the deal will avoids new taxes and ensure a net impact to the city's general fund.

Sacramento is hoping to block a bid by a Seattle group that has a pending purchase agreement to buy the Kings from the Maloof family and move the team. The NBA Board of Governors is expected to make a decision by mid-April.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9090238/sacramento-preliminary-downtown-arena-deal-kings-mayor-kevin-johnson-says

Vinny642
03-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Dang

D12 fan
03-23-2013, 07:47 PM
So who is the next target team to move to Seattle?

Bobcats- Nah can't see MJ selling a team he just brought.
Milwaukee- Maybe not many basketball fans in Milwaukee
Detroit- Rumors are they could be the next team to move.

justinnum1
03-23-2013, 07:52 PM
LOL!

Seattle ownership group had to give a non refundable 25mil deposit last month LOLOLOLOL!!!!

bigsams50
03-23-2013, 07:53 PM
For the people that say the Bobcats should move. We have a better attendance percentage then the Bucks, Hawks and Pacers. We have good fans. And even last year when we had the worst record ever, we didnt have the lowest attendance, OR bottom 5.

D12 fan
03-23-2013, 07:59 PM
For the people that say the Bobcats should move. We have a better attendance percentage then the Bucks, Hawks and Pacers. We have good fans. And even last year when we had the worst record ever, we didnt have the lowest attendance, OR bottom 5.
Yeah I don't see the Bobcats moving anytime soon, MJ says he wants to build a winner and Charlotte and I don't think he will sell a team he brought for dirt cheap.

LTBaByyy
03-23-2013, 08:04 PM
The Kings will be a bottom 5 team for another decade

They should have moved and started all over

Lakerfan8032
03-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Does it actually say the Kings are not moving and the deal is dead? The only thing I noticed was that an arena deal was done.

NateyB24
03-23-2013, 08:12 PM
?? They could still move the city just reached an agreement with the potential buyers for an arena Hansens deal still has to get voted down.

PleaseBeNice
03-23-2013, 08:20 PM
The Kings will be a bottom 5 team for another decade

They should have moved and started all over

Your ignorance is showing. Maybe we would stay bottom 5 if we still had our previous penis slurping owners

PleaseBeNice
03-23-2013, 08:24 PM
You all SERIOUSLY need to read between the lines. I hope you guys aren't that thick. We have what Stern and the NBA wants.

1- New Arena Coming
2 - Wealthy Investors
2a. An Indian owner interested in GLOBALIZATION of the NBA (HINT HINT its what Stern always wants more of)
3-Fan support

Tl:dr, New arena + India as a country on our side now = we stay. maybe next time all you seatrolls

NateyB24
03-23-2013, 08:25 PM
As i have said we will see who will be the winners after the vote you can sling mud all you want though lol.

I have no idea how the vote will go but all this is a agreement for the building like we have this doesn't guarantee the team stays.

PleaseBeNice
03-23-2013, 08:36 PM
As i have said we will see who will be the winners after the vote you can sling mud all you want though lol.

I have no idea how the vote will go but all this is a agreement for the building like we have this doesn't guarantee the team stays.

Willing to put a 2 year sig bet on this one

Kashmir13579
03-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Just put the franchise out of its misery please..

soundjunkies2
03-23-2013, 08:42 PM
The kings don't need to move they just need new owners.

PleaseBeNice
03-23-2013, 08:47 PM

Or we could put the Maloofs out of their misery? And leave the team to people who will actually try to have a winning team and not cut costs every other second of the day

Shkelqim
03-23-2013, 08:51 PM
I would hate to move from Sac to Seattle. Cali is way better

NateyB24
03-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Willing to put a 2 year sig bet on this one

I would but i suck at making sigs lol.

Jenceman
03-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Kings shouldn't move, just get them new owners.

Baller1
03-23-2013, 08:57 PM
You all SERIOUSLY need to read between the lines. I hope you guys aren't that thick. We have what Stern and the NBA wants.

1- New Arena Coming
2 - Wealthy Investors
2a. An Indian owner interested in GLOBALIZATION of the NBA (HINT HINT its what Stern always wants more of)
3-Fan support

Tl:dr, New arena + India as a country on our side now = we stay. maybe next time all you seatrolls

Haha, shut the **** up about Seattle already. There wasn't one "seatroll" that commented. Your bitterness is so childish, and has been since the second this whole situation surfaced.

D12 fan
03-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Haha, shut the **** up about Seattle already. There wasn't one "seatroll" that commented. Your bitterness is so childish, and has been since the second this whole situation surfaced.

lmao

thephoenixson28
03-23-2013, 09:16 PM
WTF does Dwight howard own the Kings.

tmacsc2
03-23-2013, 09:47 PM
We will see by mid April when the board votes. This is a great boost for the Kings but Seattle has had the same deal in place for their own arena which has already been voted on and passed. I can't see the NBA blocking the deal that Seattle already has in place. But again we will see by mid april

RLundi
03-23-2013, 09:49 PM
This "will they, won't they" crap is worse than in a romantic comedy.

Giannis94
03-23-2013, 10:03 PM
So who is the next target team to move to Seattle?

Bobcats- Nah can't see MJ selling a team he just brought.
Milwaukee- Maybe not many basketball fans in Milwaukee
Detroit- Rumors are they could be the next team to move.
Plenty of basketball fans in Milwaukee, they just can't afford tickets.

Giannis94
03-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Pacers are also a possibility to move to SAC if you think the Bucks are. They only average 200 more people a game than the Milwaukee Larry Sanders'.

Guppyfighter
03-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Bucks are a team that could possibly move in 2017.

knicks=love
03-23-2013, 10:09 PM
**** kj

True Sports Fan
03-23-2013, 10:41 PM
I'll be the happiest ****ing guy in the world in the world if Kings stay

PleaseBeNice
03-23-2013, 11:00 PM
> commenting on a story dealing with SEATTLE and SACRAMENTO
> telling me not to comment on the other half of this situation
>implying that i thought there was a "seatroll" in here

AND EXCUSE THE **** OUT OF ME for not wanting my team to leave.

JLynn943
03-23-2013, 11:07 PM

If 6 or so years of irrelevance and bad management were all that it took to cause a team to be ousted, you'd be rooting for someone else for years now. No need to punish a team and fans for bad ownership and management.

Yeah, we're not all like this (even though there's more of it than I'd like), but there have been arrogant Seattle fans in the past on here which I'm assuming is why he said that. Don't know though.

Regardless, this is all still far from over. Sacramento has put together a very competitive bid. I think it's all going to boil down to the owners' preferences on if they would rather move another team and regain Seattle or avoid that whole situation of taking away another team. I don't anticipate the financials being so different that there is a clear winner otherwise. I just obviously really hope that they stay, but I could see something shady happening on the Maloof's part right at the end to screw over Sacramento.

PleaseBeNice
03-23-2013, 11:11 PM
If 6 or so years of irrelevance and bad management were all that it took to cause a team to be ousted, you'd be rooting for someone else for years now. No need to punish a team and fans for bad ownership and management.

Yeah, we're not all like this (even though there's more of it than I'd like), but there have been arrogant Seattle fans in the past on here which I'm assuming is why he said that. Don't know though.

Regardless, this is all still far from over. Sacramento has put together a very competitive bid. I think it's all going to boil down to the owners' preferences on if they would rather move another team and regain Seattle or avoid that whole situation of taking away another team. I don't anticipate the financials being so different that there is a clear winner otherwise. I just obviously really hope that they stay, but I could see something shady happening on the Maloof's part right at the end to screw over Sacramento.

that exactly why. im on edge. will be until this thing is over, one way or another

shizzle09
03-24-2013, 12:20 AM
whatever happens my hat goes off to Kevin johnson. he has worked his but off to keep the kings in Sac. gotta respect a guy that puts that much into anything.

Baller1
03-24-2013, 03:50 AM

Absolutely... I've said in the past that I feel for Sactown fans and I wish there was a way we could both win. Unfortunately there isn't though. But yeah, no hard feelings toward Sacramento and their fans; my post was intended for that single individual, who has repeatedly acted like a complete tool since this entire Seattle/Sactown thing started.

The goods
03-24-2013, 04:07 AM
The Clippers should jump on this, getting out of the Lakers shadow is exactly what they need.The clipper

KingPosey
03-24-2013, 04:17 AM
LOL!

Seattle ownership group had to give a non refundable 25mil deposit last month LOLOLOLOL!!!!

A deposit is usually to stop the purchaser from backing out, not so someone can take a fortune from you for free and say "uh.... Never mind."

Guppyfighter
03-24-2013, 05:27 AM
Pacers are also a possibility to move to SAC if you think the Bucks are. They only average 200 more people a game than the Milwaukee Larry Sanders'.

Bucks stadium lease is up sooner and they need a new stadium if they plan on staying.