PDA

View Full Version : Terry calls out teamate over missed play due to ankle sprain

spreadeagle
03-23-2013, 04:07 PM
With under two minutes to play in Dallas on Friday, the Celtics had cut a 12-point fourth quarter deficit down to just five. But an unfortunately-timed injury to Courtney Lee allowed the Mavericks a possession that ended with a wide-open three-pointer from O.J. Mayo, which pushed the lead back to eight and essentially sealed the victory for Dallas.

Lee was down for quite some time, after suffering an ankle sprain that required him to be carried off the floor by two of his teammates.

That’s as far as the sympathy went, however, as both Doc Rivers and Jason Terry weren’t exactly pleased that Lee’s injury prevented him from competing on that critical possession.

“I was hoping he could get up because we needed him to get up,” Rivers said, via A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com. “It was the damnedest play. You’re making a run, you’re down five and you got a guy laying on the floor. It felt like it took 40 seconds.”

Terry was far more critical, and his remarks can be seen near the end of the video clip above.

“Get your *** up,” was Terry’s thought. “If your bone ain’t sticking out of there, I don’t know. I don’t know how he’s feeling right now, but I mean, we were trying to win the game.”

Lee said afterward that the pain had subsided, to the point where he was hopeful he may even be able to play in his team’s very next game. That won’t go very far in helping his case with Rivers or Terry, who obviously weren’t happy with Lee for staying down so long with the game hanging in the balance.

Video- http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/23/celtics-not-exactly-sympathetic-after-courtney-lee-has-to-be-carried-off-the-floor-following-ankle-sprain/

OceanSpray
03-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Who did Terry blame when he got dunked on?

4milesperday
03-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Terry's 15 seconds was over a week ago. Next...

b@llhog24
03-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Tasteless comments.

kdspurman
03-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Why not foul the Mavs to get him out the game? It's easy to tell him to get up, even if he hobbles over there he'd still be a liability. Can't fault the injured guy for that, just seemed like a lack of awareness by the Celtics.

Btw, wouldn't expect anything less from Terry. He's that kind of person. Says and does stupid **** all the time.

sunsfan88
03-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Wow stay classy Boston.

MaloDaw9
03-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Terry is always barking about something.

Seguin
03-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Wow stay classy Boston.

What does this have to do at all with Boston? It's Jason Terry. Try using simple thinking, it's really not that hard, I promise.

GiantsSwaGG
03-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Stay classy Boston

YoungOne
03-23-2013, 04:57 PM
just leave him in dallas, our worst signing this offseason..

More-Than-Most
03-23-2013, 05:17 PM
I expect nothing less from Terry but what the **** is the coach thinking????? This turns me the wrong way and if I was said player I would tell both guys to blow it our their arses.

LAKobeBryant
03-23-2013, 05:18 PM
boston getting heated. pun intended

JeffG20
03-23-2013, 05:33 PM
“If your bone ain’t sticking out of there"

i hope Lee remembers this and tells it to Terry next time Terry gets injured

lajoie
03-23-2013, 05:55 PM

The dunk was an offensive foul on Lebron. Terry clearly had his feet set.

SteBO
03-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Anyone claiming offensive foul on that play has no clue what they're watching, but meh, moot point.

And as for Terry, if you have no clue how Lee felt after the injury, then don't say anything. Stop pretending as if you know he was good enough to get up and continue to play at that moment. I thought I couldn't lose any more respect for the guy as a person at least, but now I have....

JeffG20
03-23-2013, 06:26 PM
i expect Terry to act like this, but for Doc to say something along those lines is kind of pathetic.

LAKobeBryant
03-23-2013, 06:28 PM

Im not sure if that was a joke. But Blake's dunk must be flagrant fouls than.

CHANGO
03-23-2013, 06:58 PM

So he and you are blaming the zebras? :confused: Mkay!

Anyways, that's not good to call out a teammate over an injury.

I wonder what he would tell Pierce going out in a wheel chair! :D

Vinny642
03-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Terry is annoying as hell now

FraziersKnicks
03-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Maybe Lee said something to him when LeBron smashed on him? :shrug:

gotoHcarolina52
03-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Jason Terry is trash

PleaseBeNice
03-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Right... Keep talking terry

Big Zo
03-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Jason Terry is my least favorite Muppet.

sunsfan88
03-24-2013, 04:17 AM
What does this have to do at all with Boston? It's Jason Terry. Try using simple thinking, it's really not that hard, I promise.

Did you not read the article? Doc Rivers also felt a similar way.

Try reading, it's really not that hard, I promise.

85BearsDefense
03-24-2013, 04:21 AM

Did you not read the article? Doc Rivers also felt a similar way.

Try reading, it's really not that hard, I promise.

So Rivers and Terry make up all of Boston, good to know.

Vee-Rex
03-24-2013, 04:42 AM
Jason Terry is my least favorite Muppet.

:laugh:

Method28
03-24-2013, 04:49 AM

And his feet were inside the semicircle...

ThaDubs
03-24-2013, 06:02 AM
That's Jason Terry for you. He's annoying and stupid. Obviously Courtney Lee wants to win, as I'm sure everyone does in the NBA, so I'm guessing that if he could get up and defend he would have. The last thing you want to do is pretty much blame your own teammate for a loss when you were already probably going to lose. Especially when you yourself only made a fourth of your shots that night.

Hardaway Here
03-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Terry is annoying as hell now

Now? That smurf head has always been annoying imo

SlimKid
03-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Is there actually Jason Terry fans out there? I'd love to hear why..

Green_Monster
03-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Is there actually Jason Terry fans out there? I'd love to hear why..

His attitude isn't good, but there's no doubt he's a good basketball player. His 2011 finals performance should show that.

Sevilla91
03-24-2013, 12:51 PM

Funny cause terry never gets hurt!!

I love terry! Love his attitude and anyone who says they wouldnt of wanted him on their team 3-4 years ago is lying.

Having said all that, im glad hes not a maverick anymore due to lack of production he was going to give, his talking was tolerable because he always backed up his words!

Still think its funny now people kill terry for that Lebron dunk....last i remember, terry is the only guy who can say hes beaten the heat in the playoffs/finals...

Big Zo
03-24-2013, 12:54 PM

I love terry! Love his attitude and anyone who says they wouldnt of wanted him on their team 3-4 years ago is lying.

Having said all that, im glad hes not a maverick anymore due to lack of production he was going to give, his talking was tolerable because he always backed up his words!

Still think its funny now people kill terry for that Lebron dunk....last i remember, terry is the only guy who can say hes beaten the heat in the playoffs/finals...

So there wasn't 14 other guys in that Mavs roster, and Terry was the MVP? I never knew...

Kuya_Clive
03-24-2013, 12:55 PM

Beating MIA does not absolve him from the ridicule of getting dunked on after talking trash though. Terry doesn't even know how severe the injury was and is a ****ing moron with his public comments sometimes.

sep11ie
03-24-2013, 01:45 PM

Wade left a game in tears and in a wheelchair against the Rockets over a hurt shoulder a few years ago.

Big Zo
03-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Wade left a game in tears and in a wheelchair against the Rockets over a hurt shoulder a few years ago.

That was an isolated incident. Pierce needs to go to the hospital if you look at him the wrong way.

LakersIn5
03-24-2013, 02:33 PM

wade's injury was real. pierce's was fake.

ATX
03-24-2013, 02:35 PM

What are you trying to get at? It was dislocated and caused him to miss 23 games. It was a legitimate injury, and one that he delayed surgery on, in hopes of helping his team defend the title.

Green_Monster
03-24-2013, 02:41 PM
That was an isolated incident. Pierce needs to go to the hospital if you look at him the wrong way.

What does it being an isolated incident have to do with anything? Wade needs to go to the hospital if you look at him the wrong way.

wade's injury was real. pierce's was fake.

Oh, did he tell you that?

CHANGO
03-24-2013, 03:01 PM

The difference is one required surgery, and cost 23 games to Wade.

Riley said Wade's shoulder, injured in a Feb. 21 game against the Houston Rockets, was dislocated to an extreme extent, and that Wade also suffered serious nerve damage. Wade underwent surgery to repair the shoulder in May, and had surgery to fix the cartilage in his left knee on the same day.

"I don't think anybody realizes how bad this was," Riley told reporters in South Florida. "It was a reverse dislocation, which doesn't happen that much. And he had nerve damage."

The other after doing the same thing Wade did (wheelchair) came back to the game in a matter of minutes...

Providing the illusion that he was immobile, Pierce was carried off the court by his teammates and he was transported to the locker room in a wheel chair. Despite his horrific and debilitating injury, Pierce astonishingly returned to game action unscathed within a matter of minutes

And didn't receive MRI scan... Well!

Lakeshow24KB
03-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Oh, did he tell you that?

The ignorance in this post is overwhelming...

Lakeshow24KB
03-24-2013, 03:05 PM

The other after doing the same thing Wade did (wheelchair) came back to the game in a matter of minutes...

:laugh2: the PP story is too funny

Big Zo
03-24-2013, 03:11 PM

He was healed by Jesus in the locker room.

Green_Monster
03-24-2013, 03:13 PM
The ignorance in this post is overwhelming...

Can you explain?

Never mind, this (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?808721-How-much-has-Kobe-changed-us-as-Laker-fans&p=25655622#post25655622) said enough.

CHANGO
03-24-2013, 04:48 PM
He was healed by Jesus in the locker room.

Amen brother!

BTW... Not joking, that could happen. Is a thing of 1/33/33/33.

1) He was injured BUT played with pain.
2) He was healed by Jesus.
3) He faked the injury and returned to play.
4) He was injured and was healed in a matter of minutes.

1/33/33/33

:)

lajoie
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM

Never heard of sarcasm I guess.

CHANGO
03-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Never heard of sarcasm I guess.

Yeah! Because internet is a GREAT way to spot sarcasm.

Great sarcastic comment BTW!!

BlinkManJan02
03-24-2013, 08:43 PM

same.

69centers
03-24-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm guessing there is more to this. I assume after Doc and Terry saw that it wasn't that bad after the game or something, they then questioned the play. They wouldn't be saying it if Lee was severely injured.

b@llhog24
03-24-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm guessing there is more to this. I assume after Doc and Terry saw that it wasn't that bad after the game or something, they then questioned the play. They wouldn't be saying it if Lee was severely injured.

Which is hindsight bias.

DumDum
03-25-2013, 02:22 AM
The only good players in Boston is Kevin = the fake thug & rondo but he looks like Steve Ukel and only plays elite Defense when lebron is on the court

lajoie
03-25-2013, 02:51 AM
Yeah! Because internet is a GREAT way to spot sarcasm.

Great sarcastic comment BTW!!

I guess the "had his feet set" when he jumped in the air wasn't clear enough for you. Understandable.

tapajafri
03-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Stay classy Boston

lol!

Celticsfan2007
03-25-2013, 08:00 PM
The only good players in Boston is Kevin = the fake thug & rondo but he looks like Steve Ukel and only plays elite Defense when lebron is on the court

Nice bait.

I won't report you, but I hope a mod notices.