PDA

View Full Version : Is John Wall starting to "get it?"

denverfan66
03-23-2013, 01:51 AM
Wall had one of his better games tonight. Had 24 points and 16 assists against LA, all be it against Nash. In March he's averaging 20 and 7. Shooting over 50% from the field. I want to see him do it over a longer period of time, but it's something I'll pay attention to. Thoughts?

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-23-2013, 01:54 AM
:) my fav non-heat player.

naps
03-23-2013, 02:13 AM
I hope so. Him getting to that expected next level will make the NBA that much more fun to watch. I really hope Rose becomes the Rose of 2011 and Wall becomes the next superstar. Can you imagine how much more exciting the league will be? :drool:

ThaDubs
03-23-2013, 02:15 AM
I've been saying it as well. He is definitely blooming and this is his best season per 36 so he producing when he gets the minutes. He just needs to work on taking care of the ball. But 24 points and 16 assists is no joke. RIP Steve Nash's ankles.

KniCks4LiFe
03-23-2013, 02:16 AM
no he just played LAL

Sactown
03-23-2013, 02:20 AM
Pay day anyone?

KniCks4LiFe
03-23-2013, 02:22 AM
Pay day anyone?

he robbing somebody blind soon. I think it'll be ATL.

ThaDubs
03-23-2013, 02:26 AM

Dude you are horny as **** look at your avatar and sig lol.

Sactown
03-23-2013, 02:26 AM

Washington has a history of handing out huge contracts, so I'm betting on them lol..

KniCks4LiFe
03-23-2013, 02:28 AM
Dude you are horny as **** look at your avatar and sig lol.

It's PG friendly.

Washington has a history of handing out huge contracts, so I'm betting on them lol..

nah no way they do that again.

Sactown
03-23-2013, 02:36 AM
It's PG friendly.

nah no way they do that again.

Your sig is friendly to everyone ;)

Also, with John Walls talent, I wouldn't mind my team overpaying for him

KniCks4LiFe
03-23-2013, 02:39 AM

appreciate that. It's inspiring.

I can see that a better move for Sac. B/c they need a leader.

Sactown
03-23-2013, 02:44 AM
appreciate that. It's inspiring.

I can see that a better move for Sac. B/c they need a leader.

Yeah it's inspiring!

Yeah it would solidify our PG position as well since we have a bunch of backup guards.

KniCks4LiFe
03-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Yeah it's inspiring!

Yeah it would solidify our PG position as well since we have a bunch of backup guards.

For a team like Sac going into retooling I get it. For Washington, I mean 12-16Million for John Wall. IDK. I really don't.

slaker619
03-23-2013, 02:49 AM
He #TurningUp !:clap:

MetroMan
03-23-2013, 03:22 AM
Pay day anyone?

This most definitely.

b@llhog24
03-23-2013, 03:49 AM
How is Sac, "retooling"? Sac would be better served finding a good SF rather than PG.

Manimal
03-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Extension due in the summer. Offcoz he his ballin'. Having said that, John Wall with a reliable jump shot is a nasty weapon.

Wall + Beal are gonna be awesome, if Washington don't screw around with picks like Jan Vesely.

They screwed up two picks in the 2011 draft. Picked Jan Vesely, passin over Klay Thompson an Kawhi Leonard. And then took Singleton, passin over Kenneth Faried.

Wall Beal Leonard Faried Nene

That lineup would be playoff bound.

Swashcuff
03-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Why is this is surprise to anyone? :confused:

John Wall was touted by many as being a better player than Derrick Rose and probably the most hype PG coming into the draft since Magic. He has had a tough run since coming into the league and has been chastised greatly for it. It was only a matter of time until he came into his own as we're seeing now.

He has the ability to be a top 3 two way PG in the NBA IMO. Rose, Westbrook and Paul currently are those 3 but once Wall can start scoring from the field more efficiently (as we've seen this year with improved shot selection and finally having a fairly decent cast around him) and continue to grow on the defensive side of the ball the sky is the limit for him TBH.

When he came into the league everyone was speaking so highly of his potential, a horrendous supporting cast and an unlucky run of injuries later and he's suddenly never going to be a top 10 PG? People live in the moment wayyyyy to much, so much so that it clouds any better judgement that they may have had.

KnicksorBust
03-23-2013, 08:20 AM

It would be nice to see him with Cousins but then what do you do with Tyreke? Wall-Evans doesn't work.

For a team like Sac going into retooling I get it. For Washington, I mean 12-16Million for John Wall. IDK. I really don't.

Washington has no choice. He's their whole team. Look at the starting lineup last night. Garrett Temple? Jason Collins? Martell Webster? Nene is a solid starter and Beal has a bright future but if you let Wall walk then you are staring at another lost season and you just let a #1 overall pick go to another team. Not happening. They will match anything.

Extension due in the summer. Offcoz he his ballin'. Having said that, John Wall with a reliable jump shot is a nasty weapon.

Wall + Beal are gonna be awesome, if Washington don't screw around with picks like Jan Vesely.

They screwed up two picks in the 2011 draft. Picked Jan Vesely, passin over Klay Thompson an Kawhi Leonard. And then took Singleton, passin over Kenneth Faried.

Wall Beal Leonard Faried Nene

That lineup would be playoff bound.

With Leonard and Faried they don't have as bad a pick to get Beal.

Manimal
03-23-2013, 09:20 AM
It would be nice to see him with Cousins but then what do you do with Tyreke? Wall-Evans doesn't work.

Washington has no choice. He's their whole team. Look at the starting lineup last night. Garrett Temple? Jason Collins? Martell Webster? Nene is a solid starter and Beal has a bright future but if you let Wall walk then you are staring at another lost season and you just let a #1 overall pick go to another team. Not happening. They will match anything.

With Leonard and Faried they don't have as bad a pick to get Beal.

Oh please. Tanking teams will always get high picks.

OKC got the third pick in 2009, inspite of having KD and Westbrook.

And still doesn't change the fact Washington wasted a top 6 pick on a guy who has more fouls and DNPs than points this season.

BigCityofDreams
03-23-2013, 09:44 AM
"John Wall will never get it. He's a bust" _ Colin Cowherd

For a guy that preaches patience he surely goes out of his way to make rash judgement on certain players.

Swashcuff
03-23-2013, 10:44 AM
"John Wall will never get it. He's a bust" _ Colin Cowherd

For a guy that preaches patience he surely goes out of his way to make rash judgement on certain players.

Cowherd is one of the top 5 dumbest dumbasses on ESPN. No surprise that he'd spew garbage like that.

b@llhog24
03-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Over his last 8 games, hes's been averaging:
22ppg, 10ast, 4.5rebs with a TS% of .63 and a GameScore of 21.2

KnicksorBust
03-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Oh please. Tanking teams will always get high picks.

OKC got the third pick in 2009, inspite of having KD and Westbrook.

And still doesn't change the fact Washington wasted a top 6 pick on a guy who has more fouls and DNPs than points this season.

Statistically they should have had a worse pick but fair point. It's odd to look back on a team that had Westbrook-Durant-Green-Collison-Thabo (although Thabo was injured) and was still that terrible.

papipapsmanny
03-23-2013, 01:44 PM
The thing is with Wall people were not being realistic. Between the lockout and injuries Wall has barely played in 2 full season's worth of NBA games.

The guy has found a mid-range jumper, and even a little floater from time to time, and has has even hit some 3s recently. All that is opening everything up for him. He is a great distributor as well, just needs to cut the TOs.

Him ans Beal are going to be awesome, hopefully they get a nice pick this year, but yea they will be extending Wall he is not going to hit the market I can guarantee that

VCaintdead17
03-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Wizards are 20-15 since John Wall's return and compete every night. He's past putting up pretty numbers for the sake of putting up pretty numbers, he's a legitimate game changer

MonumentPark7
03-23-2013, 05:34 PM
I hope so! As along as this kid stays healthy, he can put up solid numbers year after year.

JEDean89
03-23-2013, 07:27 PM
man if wall turns into a star and rose and rondo come back we will have so many ridiculously talented pg's.

paul, parker, irving, rose, d-williams, wall, curry, rondo, lawson just to name a few. it would be so much fun if like 20 teams have franchise pg's.

BigCityofDreams
03-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Cowherd is one of the top 5 dumbest dumbasses on ESPN. No surprise that he'd spew garbage like that.

I actually like Colin but he can say the dumbest things sometimes. I'll forget this on " Aaron Rodgers is a fantasy guy for you fantasy nerds. You guys are making more than he is....you're overrating him. You guys think he's better than Brady but he's not better than Brady " And then the very next yr it was "Aaron is so good. You guys have no idea how good he is. Accurate, smart, mobile, and he's a get it guy. He's the best QB in the league"

papipapsmanny
03-25-2013, 09:45 PM
tonight would say he has figured something out

Swashcuff
03-25-2013, 09:50 PM
I don't think Wall has figure anything out. Its the natural progression of a allstar talented player. The most points scored against a top 5 PG defensive team and best defensive team in the NBA (albeit they're missing their true defensive anchor).

KniCks4LiFe
03-25-2013, 10:17 PM
if he keeps dropping that jumper I'll change my mind on him.

b@llhog24
03-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Damn, Wall put in work.