PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers have spoken to the Red Sox about acquiring Andrew Bailey

grandsalami
03-22-2013, 10:16 PM
The Rangers have spoken to the Red Sox about acquiring relief pitching and right-hander Andrew Bailey may be a trade target, MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan reports. General manager Jon Daniels said he was looking to add depth to both the bullpen and starting rotation during an interview with Jim Bowden and Casey Stern on MLB Network Radio today (Twitter link) and Bailey would join Jason Frasor as right-handed setup options behind closer Joe Nathan.

We heard last week that the Rangers were scouting Red Sox relievers, though Boston may be hesitant to part with any bullpen arms given injuries to Franklin Morales and Craig Breslow. The Red Sox were open to dealing Bailey early in the offseason but it seems teams weren't willing to bite on a reliever who threw just 15 1/3 innings during an injury-plagued 2012 season. Bailey is slated to be a setup man behind newly-acquired Red Sox closer Joel Hanrahan.

MLBTR

bruins>habs
03-22-2013, 10:23 PM
what could Bailey even get us at this point?

Super.
03-23-2013, 12:08 AM
Why would we sell low on the guy we traded Reddick for?

****ing stupid

Nomar
03-23-2013, 01:09 AM
Profar or gtfo

ciaban
03-23-2013, 02:01 AM
Profar or gtfo

don't you think the redsox would be ripping themselves off with this deal?

bruins>habs
03-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Profar or gtfo

This.

bagwell368
03-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Why would we sell low on the guy we traded Reddick for?

****ing stupid

That sort of thinking might appeal to a fan, but has no place whatever in FO discussions of this player.

Also anyone that that believes Reddick is going to continue to get better will be disappointed soon enough. He's a .240/.315/.465 hitter - that's it. A guy like that at C or SS, even CF and 2B is a find. A corner OF? That's average at best. Good thing his glove is good.

bagwell368
03-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Profar or gtfo

So, you don't plan to deal him? Fine with me, but they are not dealing Profar for a pitcher that is on the DL more than the pen.

Nomar
03-23-2013, 12:32 PM
So, you don't plan to deal him? Fine with me, but they are not dealing Profar for a pitcher that is on the DL more than the pen.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic by actually answering my sarcasm, or if you just didn't realize I was being sarcastic. Either way I was just kidding haha.

bagwell368
03-23-2013, 12:33 PM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic by actually answering my sarcasm, or if you just didn't realize I was being sarcastic. Either way I was just kidding haha.

Tit for tat - BTW can I say "tit" on PSD?

Nomar
03-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Tit for tat - BTW can I say "tit" on PSD?

Well there's our lesson of the day - "tit" is fair play.

Melo15
03-23-2013, 01:10 PM
That's the ****!

EDIT: Apparently you can say tit but you can't make it plural. It makes sense, once you make it plural it becomes completely uncalled for.

Nomar
03-23-2013, 02:01 PM
:laugh2: yeah Melo you took it WAY too far

ciaban
03-24-2013, 04:18 AM
what could Bailey even get us at this point?
not a lot, if he has a good year in 2013 maybe something.

That sort of thinking might appeal to a fan, but has no place whatever in FO discussions of this player.

Also anyone that that believes Reddick is going to continue to get better will be disappointed soon enough. He's a .240/.315/.465 hitter - that's it. A guy like that at C or SS, even CF and 2B is a find. A corner OF? That's average at best. Good thing his glove is good.
i totally agree, i am not sold on anything he does at the plate except his power, but because of that power he is always trying to pull the ball which is why he pops up like a mother fudger, last year i remember him hitting into DP's and in field pop ups with runners in scoring position a lot, and i don't trust his ability to take a walk consistently either.

he's defense is legit though.

AI
03-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Reddick's arm and glove is good, but his offensive production last year was a fluke due to a torrid 2 month stretch which was unsustainable. He's very overrated by many in this forum.

Nomar
03-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Reddick's arm and glove is good, but his offensive production last year was a fluke due to a torrid 2 month stretch which was unsustainable. He's very overrated by many in this forum.

This.

-Lavigne43-
03-24-2013, 11:26 AM
It's just dumb to trade Bailey now. Hope he pitches well and trade him midseason. A contender will need a reliever and will buy high on him if he's pitching well.

Crucis
03-24-2013, 01:22 PM
It's just dumb to trade Bailey now. Hope he pitches well and trade him midseason. A contender will need a reliever and will buy high on him if he's pitching well.

Agreed. Bailey seems more likely to be a guy who the Sox will let rebuild his value in the first half of the season, then use as a chip at the trade deadline.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-24-2013, 01:48 PM
As Lav said, relievers reach maximum value at the deadline and it would be bad to trade him now while his value is at it's lowest.

todu82
03-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Bailey and Iglesias for Andrus please and thank you.

SirHizz
03-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Yes for "midseason" trade. It's nothing new that relievers value is at its highest around the ASB. We're in the middle of the season and some teams realize they might be contending...

Look at what we paid for Gagne. Uehera and Adams weren't cheap, either.

MiamiBoy77
03-25-2013, 02:01 PM
:laugh2: yeah Melo you took it WAY too far

I loled. In class. Comeon man. Tit s