PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Forum Mock-Trade Deadline: 1) San Antonio vs 2) Los Angeles Clippers

Shammyguy3
03-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Hey everyone. The Bulls' Forum had a Mock-Trade Deadline game again this year, and we need as many votes possible to determine which teams will advance and ultimately which two teams will face each other in the Finals. So please vote for the team that you feel will win in a 7-game series and post why you think so. Assume complete-health for all players. Thanks!

1. San Antonio Spurs
PG: Mario Chalmers - Iman Shumpert - Garrett Temple
SG: Dwyane Wade - Jordan Crawford - Alec Burks
SF: Kawhi Leonard - Luc Ricard Mbah a Moute
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge - Reggie Evans - Luc Ricard Mbah a Moute
C: Al Horford - Chris "Birdman" Anderson - Ryan Hollins - Johan Petro

2. Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Chris Paul/Will Bynum/Nando de Colo
SG: DeMar DeRozan/Jamal Crawford/Chandler Parsons
SF: Chandler Parsons/Matt Barnes/Marcus Morris
PF: Blake Griffin/Marcus Morris/Lamar Odom
C: DeAndre Jordan/Lamar Odom/Blake Griffin

*** San Antonio has Home-Court Advantage. Neither team sent in write-ups.

I Rock Shaqs
03-22-2013, 02:52 PM
****kk I clicked clippers by accident.
Actually nvm I didn't look at the bench, Clippers it is.

haggis
03-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I think that both teams did a great job, quality moves by both all game long.

This series goes 7 for me and HCA decides it because JB said so.

Shammyguy3
03-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Yup, best matchup thus far in this game. I picked the Spurs, just barely. I think Paul/Griffin will have to be all-time great in this series to win it, and while that's possible, I see them just not getting it all together. I love the front court for the Spurs more than I do for the Clippers. And the Spurs defense will be better as well, lowering LAC's impact in transition.

Spurs in 7.

Clippersfan86
03-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Clippers in 6. Clippers have two of the top three players in the series AND more depth.

KnicksorBust
03-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Clippers in 6. Clippers have two of the top three players in the series AND more depth.

The Spurs have 3 of the top 5.... I vote them... no wait. The Clippers have 4 of the top 7... I vote them! ... no wait... my head hurts.

tredigs
03-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Would the coaches still be Pop and VDN, and would they have had at least a mock-year to play with each other? If so, it's Spurs in a landslide. If not, it's close, but I'd still lean Spurs. A decent argument for a better offensive, defensive, and rebounding team. Bench favors Clips, but 7-8 man unit still favors Spurs. It would be a field day for Horford against Jordan/Odom.

DallasTrilla23
03-22-2013, 05:10 PM
The Spurs.

DeAndre Jordan was the deciding factor for me. I feel like Pop would abuse his poor free-throw shooting throughout the series. LA won't have rim protection in the 4th quarter because of this and Lamar sucks lol

KnicksorBust
03-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Would the coaches still be Pop and VDN, and would they have had at least a mock-year to play with each other? If so, it's Spurs in a landslide. If not, it's close, but I'd still lean Spurs. A decent argument for a better offensive, defensive, and rebounding team. Bench favors Clips, but 7-8 man unit still favors Spurs. It would be a field day for Horford against Jordan/Odom.

See the problem is that Jordan/Odom have actually played well defensively. I don't think it would be as lopsided as most people think. That's why I give the Clips a puncher's chance. The real hangup for me is that I don't trust Bynum/Derozan to be facilitators and if Chalmers/Wade/Shumpert can slow down CP3 (which they can) then that could really slow down the Clippers offense.

unleashthebeast
03-22-2013, 09:39 PM
I dont get why people are pointing to the Clippers bench as a big advantage. I feel like I have a very capable backup at each position.

knicks=love
03-22-2013, 10:46 PM

please don't tell me you're saying blake griffin is a top 3 player in this series..

edit: nvm, didn't realize i responded to "clippersfan"

knicks=love
03-22-2013, 10:49 PM
I dont get why people are pointing to the Clippers bench as a big advantage. I feel like I have a very capable backup at each position.

johan petro is on your team.. you obviously should win this matchup.

The_Jamal
03-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Would be a fun series, but the only match-up advantage the Clips have in the entire series is CP3. Spurs are deeper, have more offensive firepower and is the more balanced roster.

And why is a BG being a top 3 player some kind of shock?

CP3
Wade
BG

That's a pretty easy list to make K=love...

PocketKings
03-23-2013, 01:01 AM
Would be a fun series, but the only match-up advantage the Clips have in the entire series is CP3. Spurs are deeper, have more offensive firepower and is the more balanced roster.

And why is a BG being a top 3 player some kind of shock?

CP3
Wade
BG

That's a pretty easy list to make K=love...

Agree with this post.

& my hate for BG is well documented.

With that said, I think Spurs in 5 to be quite frank. I just think the Spurs have too much firepower, too much balance, and too much everything for the Clippers.

Clippersfan86
03-23-2013, 02:06 AM
please don't tell me you're saying blake griffin is a top 3 player in this series..

edit: nvm, didn't realize i responded to "clippersfan"

Which player is better than Griffin outside of CP3 and Wade?

TornadoOfSouls
03-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Edit - Didn't read the opening post. Having read it now, Clippers got this. It's an interesting match-up but SA doesn't have a good enough playmaker to make their offense work with that group.