PDA

View Full Version : What team out West gives the Heat the most difficulty?

Fired-Up
03-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Is it OKC, SA or LAC?

I don't think the Clippers stand a chance. The Thunder have an outside shot if their bigs can kill the Heat on the glass. The Spurs I'm not sure if they can match their athleticism right now. Obviously they won't try to, but I think the Heat could impose their will through sheer athleticism.

BALLER R
03-22-2013, 11:01 AM
During this winning streak for the heat they have won games even though they lost the rebounding match up. I think the spurs is the one team you don't want to face if your the heat. I love OKC but I still feel like their missing something to put them over the top. But can't really put my finger on it. The clippers would be fun but not sure how they would do in the half court when the game slows down.

BALLER R
03-22-2013, 11:02 AM
As much as anyone wants to hate the heat. You have to admit the east is theirs to lose.

bloomis1307
03-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Memphis? Prince and Tony Allen are good defenders, Conley can dominate Mario and Marc and Z Bo outdo Bosh and Haslem.

king4day
03-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Memphis and the Spurs

theheatles
03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Memphis

h2r09
03-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Its not the thunder thats for sure, we own them.

Memphis gave us trouble when they had Gay but we havent played them since those moves so im not so how much trouble the give us.

Everyone wants to say spurs because they are a wildcard because we dont play them often and a lot of time when we have played them in the last few years a few guys have either been rested or injured.

Jetsguy
03-22-2013, 11:35 AM
nobody really IMO. Certainly not in the East. Maybe Indy. In the West Memphis and SA possibly but truthfully I dont think anyone can last more than 6.

torocan
03-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Memphis and the Spurs.

The Clippers are too inexperienced and OKC is too similar to the Heat..

Memphis has a huge size advantage on the inside and is very physical. The Spurs are just a well oiled machine, not to mention Pops vs Spoelstra? That isn't even a fair fight...

If the Heat down the Spurs, it's purely on the back of talent and athleticism. It won't be due to execution or coaching.

If you're the Heat, you're praying the Clippers or OKC come out of the West.

Max.This
03-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Denver would probably flat out work them.

JonnyBrav000
03-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Denver would probably flat out work them.

There are three teams that can beat the Heat in a 7 game series if they play their way. That's DENVER (Home court is huge in DENVER, if they can steal a game on the road the HEAT can lose), SPURS (best TEAM in the NBA) and MEMPHIS (Very physical, they can exploit weaknesses the HEAT have) that is all. I hope OKC and LA (BOTH TEAMS) dont make it to the finals because the Heat will bounce each of those teams in 6 games or less.

mjm07
03-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Thunder, Spurs, and Grizzlies definitely pose a challenge to the HEAT, out West.

IgglesFanInCO
03-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Denver has given the HEAT a lot of trouble the last couple years and Iggy is historically possibly the best guy in the league at slowing down lebron

D-Leethal
03-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Spurs and Memphis with their bigs and ability to control tempo and force a half court game. Spurs have the bigs, the IQ, the experience to shake off and weather the storm thru the inevitable monster runs Miami will go on, and they have the dominant penetrating PG that Miami historically struggles with.

Bravo95
03-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Spurs. Memphis would have to get uncharacteristically hot from 3.

MTL_123
03-22-2013, 12:01 PM
SPURS
MEMPHIS
DENVER

in that order

OceanSpray
03-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Easily Memphis or Denver.

DallasTrilla23
03-22-2013, 12:46 PM
The San Antonio Spurs

todu82
03-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Spurs and Nuggets

kduce
03-22-2013, 01:00 PM
I agree with most. Memphis or Nuggets, MAYBE the Spurs only because they seem to choke in the playoffs even when they have great seasons so I dont put a whole lot of faith in them because of that. Who knows tho. Honestly tho, the chances of anyone but Miami winning it all are so low that it sickens me.

2-ONE-5
03-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Is it OKC, SA or LAC?

I don't think the Clippers stand a chance. The Thunder have an outside shot if their bigs can kill the Heat on the glass. The Spurs I'm not sure if they can match their athleticism right now. Obviously they won't try to, but I think the Heat could impose their will through sheer athleticism.

none. its the Grizz.

OKC and SA have a shot too of course.

JEbin
03-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Grizz (but they'd have trouble scoring), Nuggets (but they'd have trouble defending), and SAS (much more balanced than the other 2)

HiphopRelated
03-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Memphis and the Spurs.

The Clippers are too inexperienced and OKC is too similar to the Heat..

Memphis has a huge size advantage on the inside and is very physical. The Spurs are just a well oiled machine, not to mention Pops vs Spoelstra? That isn't even a fair fight...

If the Heat down the Spurs, it's purely on the back of talent and athleticism. It won't be due to execution or coaching.

If you're the Heat, you're praying the Clippers or OKC come out of the West.

The Heat are the best clutch team in the league.

They can go up against anyone with game planning and execution

D12 fan
03-22-2013, 01:11 PM
If Pau/Dwight are healthy, I can see the Lakers giving Miami trouble. If we start to click these next 13 games we will be a tough matchup for anyone.

FOBolous
03-22-2013, 01:12 PM
any team with a strong inside presence will give the Heat trouble...so in essence, a "traditional" defense oriented team. only team out West that fits the bill is Memphis and San Antonio. every other team...whether it's OKC or LAC...are more of the "new school" kind of team and neither them will have any hopes of out-running/out-gunning Wade and Lebron.

if LAL didn't have injury problems, could figure out how to play D12 and Gasol with each other, play together better, play a more traditional style, and are a little deeper...they could've given the Heat major headaches BUUUT....:shrug:

b@llhog24
03-22-2013, 01:12 PM
The Kings.

b@llhog24
03-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Also if the Heat face OKC and Wade is healthy, Miami would probably win in 5 games.

Carey
03-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Pretty much agree it's SAS and Memphis, SAS has improved defensively and they have a couple wing defenders to throw at Bron and Wade and Duncan can still get it done on the low block. Memphis is still Memphis, they'll drag youn into an ugly low scoring game and you have to have the toughness and patience to claw yourself out.

el hidalgo
03-22-2013, 01:17 PM
id go with the lakers. a crazed PSD kobe fan would attempt a lebron assassination, ending any chances the heat have.

FOBolous
03-22-2013, 01:18 PM
id go with the lakers. A crazed psd kobe fan would attempt a lebron assassination, ending any chances the heat have.

lol

beasted86
03-22-2013, 01:21 PM
If Pau/Dwight are healthy, I can see the Lakers giving Miami trouble. If we start to click these next 13 games we will be a tough matchup for anyone.

I don't expect you of all people to say anything that isn't homer biased, but the sooner you come to grips with the fact LA is not winning 3 series on the road to get to the Finals, the better.

D12 fan
03-22-2013, 01:21 PM
any team with a strong inside presence will give the Heat trouble...

if LAL didn't have injury problems, could figure out how to play D12 and Gasol with each other, play together better, play a more traditional style, and are a little deeper...they could've given the Heat major headaches BUUUT....:shrug:
I agree but I don't trust Dantoni, if we had Phil as coach he would know how to play Dwight/Gasol together. But even with Dantoni as coach we will still be a tough matchup in the playoffs.

D12 fan
03-22-2013, 01:25 PM
I don't expect you of all people to say anything that isn't homer biased, but the sooner you come to grips with the fact LA is not winning 3 series on the road to get to the Finals, the better.

Dude please ignore my post! It's my opinion deal with it. Just because you don't agree with my post doesn't mean it's trolling.SMH

3RDASYSTEM
03-22-2013, 01:33 PM
INDY could give them a good matchup out EAST

ATL would put up a minor fight if all healthy

BOS has best chance to beat them in series out EAST, best coach also

SPURS/OKC/GRIZZ/NUGGS would be good FINALS matchups for HEAT, especially SPURS/GRIZZ

Clippersfan86
03-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Memphis and SA for sure like others have said. Clippers and Nuggets would be the next tier of WC teams with a chance to push the Heat to the limits due to matchups. OKC doesn't belong in the discussion because Miami owns their soul.

Kobe2324
03-22-2013, 02:18 PM
It's going to sound silly but a healthy Laker team is probly a major issue for the heat, problem is The lakers wont be able to get out of the west because they have bigger matchup nightmares out west, other than that the spurs, than okc and than memphis, all teams with size or very well coached that could cause issues for the Heat, but I can't see them losing to anyone, especially with their easy non competitive path to the finals, it's a joke really...

SportsFanatic10
03-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Its not the thunder thats for sure, we own them.

Memphis gave us trouble when they had Gay but we havent played them since those moves so im not so how much trouble the give us.

Everyone wants to say spurs because they are a wildcard because we dont play them often and a lot of time when we have played them in the last few years a few guys have either been rested or injured.

the heat did play the grizz during the streak and won in a hard fought defensive game. they're tough but i think miami can handle them, and for some reason i don't think they'll win the west although obviously i could be wrong.

SportsFanatic10
03-22-2013, 04:04 PM
i think the spurs are the best challenger. i've finally come around on them, all year i've been thinking they are likely to have the same fate as recent seasons with a strong regular season followed by a disappointing playoffs. but now i'm thinking they are the real deal and a major force come playoffs. also we really haven't seen them and the heat play eachother when both are at full strength, there's kind of an unknown factor to this matchup.

Hangtime
03-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Memphis gives them trouble but I still don't see Memphis beating them in a 7 game series in the finals. The problem for Memphis will be generating offense. They will force the ball out of Zach's hands with double team or make him a jump shooter. Gasol absolutely has to be more aggressive attacking the rim instead of settling for those jumpshots. In the 4th qtr, who will be the guy Memphis can rely on for points down the stretch if the bigs get in foul trouble or gets doubled? Miami is one of the best teams at forcing turnovers and getting out in the open. Memphis will have to limit those turnovers and control the pace. Miami will knock those open 3's down.

Other than that I think the Spurs are better suited to match up withy the Heat.

TheLegend
03-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Lakers if they get it together

OceanSpray
03-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Lakers if they get it together

So if the Wizards get it together, they can win too?

Sactown
03-22-2013, 05:33 PM
So if the Wizards get it together, they can win too?

The Wizards don't have the talent to get it together and beat the Heat... The Lakers do.. In a perfect Los Angeles world, Pau and Dwight could live in harmony because they would have a coach that would make it work..

Dwight and Pau down low would terrorize the Heat if they could get it together...

D12 fan
03-22-2013, 07:15 PM
The Wizards don't have the talent to get it together and beat the Heat... The Lakers do.. In a perfect Los Angeles world, Pau and Dwight could live in harmony because they would have a coach that would make it work..

Dwight and Pau down low would terrorize the Heat if they could get it together...True.

Sactown
03-22-2013, 07:21 PM
The problem with the Lakers would be exterior scoring, outside of Gasol and Dwight they're limited against the Heat.
The Heat can throw a barrage of defenders at Kobe with, Battier, Wade, Bron, Allen, Jones.. Many of whom can help on Nash as well..

As of right now tho, with the Lakers being so mediocre, and let's face the facts, they are in fact mediocre.

Memphis makes sense, but their exterior scoring is an issue as well, without Gay they don't have that outside presence and Miami can load up in the paint. (Memphis last in 3PM per game with 4.7)

San Antonio makes the most sense, they have the best balance of exterior scoring and outside shooting and spacing. They have veteran leadership and great coaching..

So summary..

La probably won't be a difficult matchup and neither will Memphis, but San Antonio would probably be a tough matchup if they can make it through the west.

Captain Moroni
03-22-2013, 07:30 PM
None of them

Captain Moroni
03-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Lakers...LOL

Blitzbolt
03-22-2013, 07:36 PM
I think we really have a shot to slow them down(Grizzlies)but the Heat is a clear favorite I for one don't think 3 point shoting is the issue but the lack of bench play we saw how the last time the Grizz played the Heat we slow down almost everyone but Shane Battier.

meloman1592
03-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Everyone has a better chance than Okc. Miami would just dick slap them again

NY_NIGHTS
03-22-2013, 08:07 PM
lmao the lakers the lakers have no shot even a bulls team without rose can beat the lakers

NY_NIGHTS
03-22-2013, 08:08 PM
only team i see is the spurs

D12 fan
03-22-2013, 08:13 PM
lol @ Knicks fans talking smack.

Lakers + Giants
03-22-2013, 08:15 PM
How can you not include memphis. It's them IMO.

Marc and Zbo would be tough for anyone especially the heat to defend. Allen can do good defensively vs Wade and Prince isn't too bad himself. Also, conley has been great.

If I had to bet on a team to beat the heat it's definitely the grizz.

Sactown
03-22-2013, 08:24 PM
How can you not include memphis. It's them IMO.

Marc and Zbo would be tough for anyone especially the heat to defend. Allen can do good defensively vs Wade and Prince isn't too bad himself. Also, conley has been great.

If I had to bet on a team to beat the heat it's definitely the grizz.
The problem is the Griz have no outside game.

Captain Moroni
03-22-2013, 08:30 PM
like seeing Shump attack the basket

Captain Moroni
03-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Fouls are killing us

Captain Moroni
03-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Kenyon Martin...YESSSSS

Captain Moroni
03-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Why shoot that Melo???????

Sactown
03-22-2013, 08:46 PM
You're in the wrong forum bud

mgjohnson7851
03-22-2013, 08:48 PM
The Kings.

Lol after someone through the lakers into the conversation you might as well just put every crappy team in there lol

mgjohnson7851
03-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Any lakers fan who thinks their team is a legitimate contender needs to open their eyes.... you all are way to old and slow to get out of the west.

Captain Moroni
03-22-2013, 08:53 PM
Hit these melo

Captain Moroni
03-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Sorry, Thought i was still in the game thread......carry on.

Captain Moroni
03-22-2013, 08:58 PM
lol @ Knicks fans talking smack.

As long as Mike Dantoni is coaching the lakers......you are gonna have to take it,

raider_fan
03-22-2013, 09:17 PM
lakers now that they have chemistry and if kobes healthy and can drop 30+ and dwight gets 20+ points and 10= rebounds

championships
03-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Lakers making history.

5ass
03-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Lakers making history.
so did Hitler

The Flash
03-22-2013, 10:06 PM
so did Hitler

:laugh:

D12 fan
03-22-2013, 10:08 PM
People laugh at anything.SMH

The Flash
03-22-2013, 10:11 PM
People laugh at anything.SMH
Yeah, they also shake their heads a lot

utl768
03-22-2013, 10:32 PM
memphis because they would own the rebounding matchup and be able to score at will in the paint

miami probably would still win because of lebron but thats a series that could go 7 games and the pressure would be all over the heat at that point

apocalypse15
03-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Is it OKC, SA or LAC?

Honestly the Celtics in the "east" can't be over looked against the heat. With almost the same squad last year they took the heat to 7 games.. Bradley back and hopefully a healthy KG in the playoffs I think it goes atleast 6 or 7 with either team winning. I feel people forget it went 7 and not a clean sweep (by the way it's been talked about). It's fair to say Indy isn't the only threat if they are even a threat in the east. Boston still has champions playing...

utl768
03-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Honestly the Celtics in the "east" can't be over looked against the heat. With almost the same squad last year they took the heat to 7 games.. Bradley back and hopefully a healthy KG in the playoffs I think it goes atleast 6 or 7 with either team winning. I feel people forget it went 7 and not a clean sweep (by the way it's been talked about). It's fair to say Indy isn't the only threat if they are even a threat in the east. Boston still has champions playing...

no rondo

no chance

celtics last chance with this core was blown when lebron went ham in game 6

DumDum
03-23-2013, 01:02 AM
,I don't see how The spurs going to be a problem they always run out of gas in the playoffs the okc can take Em again

jezzyman05
03-23-2013, 01:17 AM
,I don't see how The spurs going to be a problem they always run out of gas in the playoffs the okc can take Em again

Spoken like your username

strokeman
03-23-2013, 01:26 AM
The Spurs, simply because they are deep, very unselfish and have the best coach in the NBA.

DumDum
03-23-2013, 01:40 AM
Spoken like your username

, another PSD sucker

SugeKnight
03-23-2013, 01:48 AM
Spurs

naps
03-23-2013, 02:04 AM
Spurs scares me the most. Memphis would be another one but they don't have enough offensive firepower to beat Miami in a playoff series, may be if they had a go to perimeter scorer they would be a dangerous opponent for Miami or any team for that matter.

kdspurman
03-23-2013, 10:45 AM

So last year they ran out of gas? Got it... :eyebrow:

OceanSpray
03-23-2013, 10:53 AM
So last year they ran out of gas? Got it... :eyebrow:

If you're old, you run out of gas. There's nothing wrong with that because it's a fact.

kdspurman
03-23-2013, 11:03 AM
If you're old, you run out of gas. There's nothing wrong with that because it's a fact.

Missing shots and the other team getting hot doesn't equal running out of gas. You should really pay more attention to the details of the game, vs ESPN headlines.

KnicksorBust
03-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Spurs scares me the most. Memphis would be another one but they don't have enough offensive firepower to beat Miami in a playoff series, may be if they had a go to perimeter scorer they would be a dangerous opponent for Miami or any team for that matter.

You mean like Rudy Gay...?

KnicksorBust
03-23-2013, 11:17 AM
To answer the question, I also think it's the Spurs but I don't see them getting to the Finals.

OceanSpray
03-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Missing shots and the other team getting hot doesn't equal running out of gas. You should really pay more attention to the details of the game, vs ESPN headlines.

Maybe you should pay attention to human nature. The older you are, the less gas you have. It doesn't have to be basketball, kiddo.

kdspurman
03-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Maybe you should pay attention to human nature. The older you are, the less gas you have. It doesn't have to be basketball, kiddo.

Yea it's clear you're pretty clueless. Good day

OceanSpray
03-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Yea it's clear you're pretty clueless. Good day

Gotta love it, you don't have an answer so you just avoid giving a logical explanation.

jericho
03-23-2013, 12:11 PM
i got san antonio memphis and denver

spurs we all know why dont need to explain bout this pic

memphis 2 really good bigmen in gasol and z-bo 2 good perimeter defenders in tony and prince and then conley vs chalmers cmon plus bench is alright

denver i would love this match up it would be fast breaks all series long for both this teams and denver has really good bench with brewer, chandler, mcgee and miller

clips and thunder are good but idk they are missing something

Dnovakovic099
03-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Gotta love it, you don't have an answer so you just avoid giving a logical explanation.

It's hard to have answers to dumb questions.

kdspurman
03-23-2013, 12:51 PM

No, I just know you have no clue what you're talking about. Tell when the last time a "young" team won a championship?

ATX
03-23-2013, 01:00 PM
The Spurs imo stand the best chance of dethroning the Heat. For those saying the lakers (Only our usual suspects); they dug their own grave by taking three quarters of a season to figure out how to coexist together. Regardless of excuses, there is no way the Lakers win three series on the road to even get to the Finals. They'd have to beat the likes of SA, Mem/LAC, then OKC all on the road to even get to face Mia (Again without HC). Nothing wrong with hoping for 4 miracles in a row, but if you really believe this, go buy a lottery ticket, because you'd have better odds of winning that than getting out of the West this year.

Big Zo
03-23-2013, 01:22 PM

Actually, I think old people tend to fart more than young people.

Sactown
03-23-2013, 01:22 PM
No, I just know you have no clue what you're talking about. Tell when the last time a "young" team won a championship?

The Spurs aren't even that old....

Tony Parker 29-30 Gary Neal late 20's
Danny Green 20's Manu -30's
Kawhi Leonard 20's Stephen Jackson 35ish
Tim Duncan 34-35 Matt Bonner 30's
Tiago Splitter 20's Borris Diaw early 30's

I Rock Shaqs
03-23-2013, 01:45 PM

Yea lots of people that talk about the Spurs have no idea what they are talking about, like they still run that slow paced offense, which is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what they actually run.

kdspurman
03-23-2013, 02:32 PM

Yea lots of people that talk about the Spurs have no idea what they are talking about, like they still run that slow paced offense, which is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what they actually run.

Yea... Which is why I called that guy clueless. The media often refers to them as old, and people who don't pay attention and buy into it. And when you factor in Pop resting them at times, they're usually pretty fresh and ready to go on most nights.

OceanSpray
03-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Yea... Which is why I called that guy clueless. The media often refers to them as old, and people who don't pay attention and buy into it. And when you factor in Pop resting them at times, they're usually pretty fresh and ready to go on most nights.

Maybe you need to pay attention to your own team. Pop is resting them because they need it. You just answered your own question and proved why you should stop replying back with nonsense. The media this, the media that.

OceanSpray
03-23-2013, 03:54 PM

So why is Pop resting them in the middle of the season? Exactly, they need the rest.

kdspurman
03-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Maybe you need to pay attention to your own team. Pop is resting them because they need it. You just answered your own question and proved why you should stop replying back with nonsense. The media this, the media that.

He's rested Kawhi Leonard (21) and Danny Green (25) before too, so....... :laugh:

What's your next argument?

OceanSpray
03-23-2013, 05:31 PM
He's rested Kawhi Leonard (21) and Danny Green (25) before too, so....... :laugh:

What's your next argument?

My point is older guys are going to need more rest than younger guys, that is which true. Maybe you took it as an offense because Spurs are your favorite team.

PHX2daDEATH
03-23-2013, 05:57 PM
one team the OP left out, Denver Nuggets..they are 3-0 against OKC and LAC in their current win streak, I heard the Nuggets lead the league in points in the paint? they have a solid 9 man rotation and if we could all agree probably the best in the league? i look at their wings..who has 4 better wing players then Denver?(besides miami)..OKC, LAC and SA all wish they could have Corey Brewer, the lesser out of the 4.

kdspurman
03-23-2013, 07:21 PM
My point is older guys are going to need more rest than younger guys, that is which true. Maybe you took it as an offense because Spurs are your favorite team.

No, it started with the "ran out of gas" comment which is false when you go back and look closely at WCF of last year.

Captain Moroni
03-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Lotta people are going to fall over dead if Miami doesn't win the East. I love how it's just a foregone conclusion. One injury or running into a red hot team could make things interesting. The cockiness of Heat fans might just come back to haunt them. The whole NBA is just waiting for it to happen.

85BearsDefense
03-24-2013, 02:33 AM
Only 2 teams in the east have a chance

Boston
Indiana

Knicks sorry no, not healthy.
Bulls no not healthy.

justinnum1
03-24-2013, 07:45 AM
spurs easily. The way to beat miami is have a bunch of 3pt shooters and move the ball. Knicks did it twice early in the season but that was a fluke by them. Spurs are capable of doing it 4 times in 7 games.

Most teams either dont have the discipline to make the extra passes or dont have the personnel to beat miami, spurs have both.

torocan
03-24-2013, 08:18 AM

Or, maybe Pop rests them because he's SMARTER than other coaches.

There's plenty of statistical evidence to show that players drop off on back to backs, or when forced to play extended minutes for stretches.

There's a difference between resting players because you're worried about stamina, and resting players because you want to maximize your chance of winning.

Pops is and has been on the cutting edge in terms of strategic use of rest for some time now. Unfortunately, most coaches aren't nearly that smart.

Sactown
03-24-2013, 10:20 AM

Or, maybe Pop rests them because he's SMARTER than other coaches.

There's plenty of statistical evidence to show that players drop off on back to backs, or when forced to play extended minutes for stretches.

There's a difference between resting players because you're worried about stamina, and resting players because you want to maximize your chance of winning.

Pops is and has been on the cutting edge in terms of strategic use of rest for some time now. Unfortunately, most coaches aren't nearly that smart. other coaches don't have the luxury of have 10-12 players that can produce like Pop get's out of his 2nd and 3rd string..