PDA

View Full Version : How is Dwayne Wade considered better than Kobe Bryant?

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Ok for the past couple of years Miami fans have been claiming that Wade is better than Kobe. I want to know how is this possible, what makes Wade better than Kobe?

When people say Wade is better they are basically saying Dwayne Wade is the 2nd best sg in NBA history, and will go down as a top 10 player in NBA history because right now Kobe Bryant is considered a top a top 10 player of all time. I'm sorry but I find it mind boggling that Wade would go down as a top 10 player of all time.

This question is to the non Heat fans do you really think Dwayne Wade will go down as the 2nd best sg of all time?

DanG
03-21-2013, 03:57 PM
People are not comparing them career wise. Wade is top 20 and Kobe is top 10.

We are talking about their primes.

MaloDaw9
03-21-2013, 03:58 PM
He's not and they know it. Before LBJ Heat fans never had anything to talk about so they started talking out their *** when they got Shaq. Just mindless babble my friend.

ManRam
03-21-2013, 04:01 PM
i think you're confused.

doubt any wade fans even think he'll go down better than kobe career-wise. wade's been better than kobe for some seasons, but not career-wise.

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 04:02 PM
He's not and they know it. Before LBJ Heat fans never had anything to talk about so they started talking out their *** when they got Shaq. Just mindless babble my friend.
No I think they are actually serious when they say Wade is better than Kobe. Kobe at 34 years old is better than Wade at any point in his career.

MaloDaw9
03-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Nah..I don't think they are serious. Stat wise i'm sure Wade had some better seasons but no self respecting Heat fan would rate Wade higher than Kobe on the all time list.

LAKobeBryant
03-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Ok for the past couple of years Miami fans have been claiming that Wade is better than Kobe. I want to know how is this possible, what makes Wade better than Kobe?

That is why.

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
:laugh: he said 34 year old Bryant is better then wade was ever.. Stick to following Dwight, Kobe is better this year but wade has been better the past couple years.

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Show us some heat fans posts about him being better then Kobe career wise.

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 04:15 PM
:laugh: he said 34 year old Bryant is better then wade was ever.. Stick to following Dwight, Kobe is better this year but wade has been better the past couple years.Kobe is having a great year this year, don't let the team record fool you. Also please don't make fun of another team you are a knicks fan nuff said.

Jamiecballer
03-21-2013, 04:16 PM
he's a good teammate.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 04:16 PM
I always thought the idea was ludicrous. Sure, Heat fans can throw out efficiency stats but they never take into account the type of shots that Wade generally takes, which are consistently layups at the basket, nor do they factor in the ridiculous amount of touch fouls Wade gets on his shots which obviously negates all the shots he misses when it pertains to shooting percentage.

Any self-respecting basketball fan with any real knowledge of the game can clearly see that Kobe is light years ahead of Wade fundamentally and skill wise at the game. I take it flat out homerism and Wade fanboy ism because even Wade acknowledges Kobe to be a master at every faster of the game and something he and every basketball player aspires to be.

You can just simply google Wade's comments on Kobe and by all accounts from Wade, he considers Kobe to be one of the all time greats, the greatest of his entire era, the one he would choose to take the last shot, and a role model. This is all amazing to me considering how many Heat and Wade fans will continually try to bash Kobe.

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Kobe is having a great year this year, don't let the team record fool you. Also please don't make fun of another team you are a knicks fan nuff said.

Kobe Is having a great year. Your not a laker fan your a Dwight fan. If Dwight goes to Atlanta you will be a hawks fan. Nobody made fun of the team, your statement is as crazy as it gets. And keep the Knicks out of it, you should also check the records right now if you want to compare the lakers and Knicks this year.

koberulesall
03-21-2013, 04:19 PM
he isnt if you think he is than you are just a d-wade fan but NO way is he better not even close Kobe rivals Jordan D-wade isnt even close AT ALL

ATX
03-21-2013, 04:21 PM

When people say Wade is better they are basically saying Dwayne Wade is the 2nd best sg in NBA history, and will go down as a top 10 player in NBA history because right now Kobe Bryant is considered a top a top 10 player of all time. I'm sorry but I find it mind boggling that Wade would go down as a top 10 player of all time.

This question is to the non Heat fans do you really think Dwayne Wade will go down as the 2nd best sg of all time?

Dude, give it a rest.

zB_#85
03-21-2013, 04:22 PM
I always thought the idea was ludicrous. Sure, Heat fans can throw out efficiency stats but they never take into account the type of shots that Wade generally takes, which are consistently layups at the basket, nor do they factor in the ridiculous amount of touch fouls Wade gets on his shots which obviously negates all the shots he misses when it pertains to shooting percentage.

Any self-respecting basketball fan with any real knowledge of the game can clearly see that Kobe is light years ahead of Wade fundamentally and skill wise at the game. I take it flat out homerism and Wade fanboy ism because even Wade acknowledges Kobe to be a master at every faster of the game and something he and every basketball player aspires to be.

You can just simply google Wade's comments on Kobe and by all accounts from Wade, he considers Kobe to be one of the all time greats, the greatest of his entire era, the one he would choose to take the last shot, and a role model. This is all amazing to me considering how many Heat and Wade fans will continually try to bash Kobe.

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-news-dwyane-wade-says-kobe-is-greatest-player-in-his-era/2013/02/15/

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2013, 04:22 PM

What in the world are you going on about. Wade was the better player for years.. Kobe is well above wade career wise no doubt but you just bullshited the whole statement with everything else. Who cares tht wade takes layup a more often? It takes skill to get to the rim. Touch fouls lol yeah that's why wade is so efficient and good, Kobe never got foul calls ever.

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Kobe Is having a great year. Your not a laker fan your a Dwight fan. If Dwight goes to Atlanta you will be a hawks fan. Nobody made fun of the team, your statement is as crazy as it gets. And keep the Knicks out of it, you should also check the records right now if you want to compare the lakers and Knicks this year.Dwight is not leaving LA stop hating bruh. This thread is about Dwayne Wade and Kobe Bryant not Lakers/Dwight/NY/Atlanta.

SwatTeam
03-21-2013, 04:24 PM
I implore all heat fans not to reply to this thread.

How many threads does this topic need to be discussed? The majority of fans who responded here were lakers fans. HEAT FANS AVOID THIS THREAD LIKE THE PLAGUE!

xxplayerxx23
http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-news-dwyane-wade-says-kobe-is-greatest-player-in-his-era/2013/02/15/

Kobe is great. But he is number 9 on my list of goat.

D12 fan
What in the world are you going on about. Wade was the better player for years.. Kobe is well above wade career wise no doubt but you just bullshited the whole statement with everything else. Who cares tht wade takes layup a more often? It takes skill to get to the rim. Touch fouls lol yeah that's why wade is so efficient and good, Kobe never got foul calls ever.What year was Wade better than Kobe, and please explain why he was better?

ManRam

1. i really don't think many people, or any people, rank wade ahead of kobe all time. so i really don't care about the last two paragraphs because they're moot.

2. you're punishing wade for taking better shots than kobe? kobe's inefficiency at times is because he takes bad shots. that's not a good thing. him taking bad shots doesn't make his inefficiency OK. wade taking good shots doesn't negate his efficiency either.
3. wade hardly takes more FTA than kobe over their careers. so you admitted that wade does most of his work at the rim, yet think it's crazy that he draws so many fouls. logic flaw.

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 04:25 PM
I implore all heat fans not to reply to this thread.

How many threads does this topic need to be discussed? The majority of fans who responded here were lakers fans. HEAT FANS AVOID THIS THREAD LIKE THE PLAGUE!
Did you read the post it was for non Heat fans.

xxplayerxx23
Dwight is not leaving LA stop hating bruh. This thread is about Dwayne Wade and Kobe Bryant not Lakers/Dwight/NY/Atlanta.

You brought the Knicks into it. Wade has outperformed Kobe the past couple years and its laughable that you think Kobe now is better then wade has ever been

ATX
No I think they are actually serious when they say Wade is better than Kobe. Kobe at 34 years old is better than Wade at any point in his career.

This statement is a flat out lie. Stop trolling the NBA forum, and furthering the discord, animosity, and idiocy please. This has been debated to death this year. Do we really need another thread?

/

Chronz
03-21-2013, 04:26 PM

Why purposely destroy your credibility? Im starting to think todays youth is proud to be trollin

mngopher35
03-21-2013, 04:27 PM

This is so wrong. Wade has definitely had better years than the kobe of this year, your being ridiculous.

When people say wade is better than kobe, they are talking currently or say for an individual year or over a small span of time. Very few if any people actually think Wade will go down all time as the better player (just like very few would agree wade has never had a season better than 34 year old kobe). Kobe is the better all time player but wade has had seasons (some even think this year) where he has played better than kobe.

ManRam
03-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Why purposely destroy your credibility? Im starting to think todays youth is proud to be trollin

it's because he's proud to be trollin

Chronz
03-21-2013, 04:28 PM

The mistake you make is thinking that people are saying Wade is more skilled when all we are really saying is that hes been a better NBA PLAYER.

Like why would we care if you dont respect the fouls Wade draws when he is in fact drawing them? Does Kobe get more points for his free throws or something?

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 04:29 PM
This is so wrong. Wade has definitely had better years than the kobe of this year, your being ridiculous.

When people say wade is better than kobe, they are talking currently or say for an individual year or over a small span of time. Very few if any people actually think Wade will go down all time as the better player (just like very few would agree wade has never had a season better than 34 year old kobe). Kobe is the better all time player but wade has had seasons (some even think this year) where he has played better than kobe.
How is Wade currently better than Kobe? Last time I checked Kobe has better all around stats than Wade this year. Kobe is better than Wade currently and in the past.

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2013, 04:30 PM
What year was Wade better than Kobe, and please explain why he was better?

2006-2011 2009 is close. Wade is the better playmaker, defender and efficient.

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Trollin is saying Wade>Kobe.

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Someone please close this.

jchase3
03-21-2013, 04:33 PM
people say that because they are morons and/or kobe haters. end of story. don't even listen to them... or espn for that matter.

Hawkeye15
03-21-2013, 04:34 PM
All time? Hell no. Wade will never pass Kobe all time, unless he finds the fountain of youth. But he has been the better player a greater portion of the time over the past 4-5 years, as he has gone through his absolute prime, while Kobe has aged. But at the end of the day, Kobe>Wade all time, no doubt. Like I said, unless Wade can sustain all NBA play for another 7-8 years. Odds of that happening are slim to none.

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 04:36 PM
people say that because they are morons and/or kobe haters. end of story. don't even listen to them... or espn for that matter.
This must be the case because any basketball fan with knowledge would know Wade has never been better than Kobe NEVER!

ManRam
03-21-2013, 04:37 PM
How is Wade currently better than Kobe? Last time I checked Kobe has better all around stats than Wade this year. Kobe is better than Wade currently and in the past.

oh?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=wadedw01&y1=2013&p2=bryanko01&y2=2013

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2013, 04:37 PM
All time? Hell no. Wade will never pass Kobe all time, unless he finds the fountain of youth. But he has been the better player a greater portion of the time over the past 4-5 years, as he has gone through his absolute prime, while Kobe has aged. But at the end of the day, Kobe>Wade all time, no doubt. Like I said, unless Wade can sustain all NBA play for another 7-8 years. Odds of that happening are slim to none.

I don't think I've ever seen a fan say wadeis better alltime. Wade isn't close to Kobe alltime but since 2006 the majority of those years wade was the better player.

ManRam
03-21-2013, 04:38 PM

all time? sure. no one says that though.

Chronz
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
You provided additional context. Trollin is ignoring that.

The context you provided was that Kobe now is better than Wade at ANY point. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound and how little objective evidence you have provided?

I hope trolls of your ilk get banned soon.

Fired-Up
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
If Wade ends up with 4 rings I could definitely see the argument that he surpasses Kobe on the all time list.

I feel like Kobe is finished. He's done.

Wade is just getting started. He didn't have the young age mileage Kobe has.

Chronz
03-21-2013, 04:41 PM
This must be the case because any basketball fan with knowledge would know Wade has never been better than Kobe NEVER!

I would take his advice bro, dont listen to anyone with differing opinions, its all hate if they dont agree. I would take it a step further, dont even post these kind of questions because its clearly not going to change anything, especially when you provide soooo many facts. Lets just stop creating threads, K?

Pretty please?

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 04:42 PM
If Wade ends up with 4 rings I could definitely see the argument that he surpasses Kobe on the all time list.

This is what you call trolling. Kobe finished?lmao

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2013, 04:43 PM

No chance. Wade is still 31 and hasn't devolved a consistent jumpshot. He will likely play another 2-3 elite years then be solid but not great for the rest .

ManRam
03-21-2013, 04:45 PM

nah. even if he gets 4 it's not happening. he's considered (fairly or not) a clear second option now. kobe is gonna dominate the longevity stats too. i can't see wade having a year at 34 like kobe is now. and how can you say kobe is "done"? done winning? perhaps. but he's not "done". unless he retires after next year...

MaloDaw9
03-21-2013, 04:46 PM

The old what if game eh..

Just getting started at 31? Better late than never i guess.

mngopher35
03-21-2013, 04:47 PM

Notice that I said some people, I am not one of them but I think it is about even. I will make an argument for why some might consider him better this year though. Kobe has been on a worse team this year, and while I don't think it means much when comparing the two it does mean he plays more minutes so I will be looking at per 36 stats to make it an even playing ground. Kobe is averaging the same rebounds, .3 more assists, 3.4 more points and .7 more turnovers. These stats favor kobe but it is very slightly.

Then looking at advanced stats and efficiency the edge goes to wade as he leads in per, ws/48, ortg, drtg, ts%. Now although he leads in all of these categories most are by a small to very small margin (ts% is only like a .002 advantage so its basically a tie, and drt can be helped by a team so that doesn't mean much to me here either). So kobe has a very small lead in raw stats and wade has a small lead in advanced stats and efficiency. All of this is without factoring in defense in which Wade has been the much better player. With how close they are offensively I think the gap defensively is larger and the edge goes to wade. Once again this is just an argument for wade over kobe this year, not necessarily my exact opinion.

Fired-Up
03-21-2013, 04:48 PM
What I mean by just getting started at 31 is this. He's just getting started racking up rings, potentially. If Kobe can take the glory for 3 rings as the 2nd option. Why can't Wade take the glory for 3 rings as the second option? Hell why stop at 3 rings? What about 4 or 5 or maybe even 6?

Avenged
03-21-2013, 04:49 PM
I have a bit of respect for Wade for leading the Heat to a title in 2006 in just his 3rd season. Also for coming back after his major injury when many had written him off, but he dominated the Olympics, and hasn't looked back since.

With that said, Kobe has just accomplished so much more in this league. He is not better than Kobe all-time, that would have to put Wade in the top 10 all-time ALREADY.. That just doesn't look right to me.

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Notice that I said some people, I am not one of them but I think it is about even. I will make an argument for why some might consider him better this year though. Kobe has been on a worse team this year, and while I don't think it means much when comparing the two it does mean he plays more minutes so I will be looking at per 36 stats to make it an even playing ground. Kobe is averaging the same rebounds, .3 more assists, 3.4 more points and .7 more turnovers. These stats favor kobe but it is very slightly.

Then looking at advanced stats and efficiency the edge goes to wade as he leads in per, ws/48, ortg, drtg, ts%. Now although he leads in all of these categories most are by a small to very small margin (ts% is only like a .002 advantage so its basically a tie, and drt can be helped by a team so that doesn't mean much to me here either). So kobe has a very small lead in raw stats and wade has a small lead in advanced stats and efficiency. All of this is without factoring in defense in which Wade has been the much better player. With how close they are offensively I think the gap defensively is larger and the edge goes to wade. Once again this is just an argument for wade over kobe this year, not necessarily my exact opinion.Of course Wade is more efficient because he has Lebron receiving all the attention. Take Lebron off that team and Wade won't be so efficient because he shot attempts will go up.

DanG
03-21-2013, 04:51 PM
What I mean by just getting started at 31 is this. He's just getting started racking up rings, potentially. If Kobe can take the glory for 3 rings as the 2nd option. Why can't Wade take the glory for 3 rings as the second option? Hell why stop at 3 rings? What about 4 or 5 or maybe even 6?

5 or 6 are you serious? Miami has to win every year and Wade would be 35 years old.

Do you really see Wade end up top 10?

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2013, 04:52 PM
I have a bit of respect for Wade for leading the Heat to a title in 2006 in just his 3rd season. Also for coming back after his major injury when many had written him off, but he dominated the Olympics, and hasn't looked back since.

With that said, Kobe has just accomplished so much more in this league. He is not better than Kobe all-time, that would have to put Wade in the top 10 all-time ALREADY.. That just doesn't look right to me.

Agree on all time. Kobe is 9th on mine if I remember correctly and wade will never come close to that. My only disagreement with the thread is where did anybody sat that wade was better all time and the guy said Kobe has always been better then wade and Kobe now> wade ever is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on psd.

numba1CHANGsta
03-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Kobe has played in a much tougher conference for most if not all of his career. Wade has played in a weak conference for most if not all of his career.

Avenged
03-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Kobe has played in a much tougher conference for most if not all of his career. Wade has played in a weak conference for most if not all of his career.

True but at the same time, you have to beat the best in the West to become a champion, that's something Wade has done. Besides, that's not a very strong standard to have in deciding who's better. They both play the same players, same teams.

mngopher35
Of course Wade is more efficient because he has Lebron receiving all the attention. Take Lebron off that team and Wade won't be so efficient because he shot attempts will go up.

His raw stats also take a dip because he shares the ball more, and he is still better defensively. If you want to refute that argument feel free, but I doubt you would as you just like to throw out statements without any backing (such as "wade has never been better than a 34 year old kobe").

MTL_123
i think you're confused.

doubt any wade fans even think he'll go down better than kobe career-wise. wade's been better than kobe for some seasons, but not career-wise.

This

Fired-Up
5 or 6 are you serious? Miami has to win every year and Wade would be 35 years old.

Do you really see Wade end up top 10?

I could see them winning very often until LeBron is 35. That gives them including this year 7 years left to win rings. Wade already has 2. He could get to 4-6 rings.

D-Block21-Chito
03-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Kobe is way way better. This isn't even an argument... goodbye

Lakerfan In NY
03-21-2013, 05:01 PM

Not according to those who discredit Kobe bc he played with shaq. If D-Wade gets 3 more they won't count bc he wasn't "the man."

Stupid right!?!

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 05:01 PM

Better delete this before you get called dumb.

Avenged
03-21-2013, 05:02 PM
This

Unfortunately, people (posters here) do say that. Just how there are posters who say outrageous things about Kobe, there are the same with Wade (and any other player the NBA Forum feels like targeting). With the amount of trolling going on recently, I think it's important to know that certain bad apples do not represent an entire fan base.

DanG
03-21-2013, 05:04 PM
I could see them winning very often until LeBron is 35. That gives them including this year 7 years left to win rings. Wade already has 2. He could get to 4-6 rings.

in 7 years Wade is 38 lol.

TheIlladelph16
03-21-2013, 05:07 PM
oh?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=wadedw01&y1=2013&p2=bryanko01&y2=2013

If you haven't noticed here ManRam, he is purposely ignoring specific posts like this one that factual discredit his nonsense. I'd like OP to explain how "Kobe has better all around stats than Wade this year", when in fact, he doesn't whatsoever.

Fired-Up
03-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Not according to those who discredit Kobe bc he played with shaq. If D-Wade gets 3 more they won't count bc he wasn't "the man."

Stupid right!?!

I will acknowledge that Wade is about to win rings not as "the man". But the Kobe homers are going to be getting a dose of their own medicine as Wade rides LeBron to a handful of rings as the inferior player.

7 years from now Wade could have as many rings and better efficiency. Think about that.

Fired-Up
03-21-2013, 05:08 PM
in 7 years Wade is 38 lol.

So. He can still be in the league at 38.

D12 fan
lol

astrosmaniac
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2013&p2=wadedw01&y2=2009

Here you go D-12. Proof that you are either a liar, delusional, or misinformed

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 05:09 PM
If you haven't noticed here ManRam, he is purposely ignoring specific posts like this one that factual discredit his nonsense. I'd like OP to explain how "Kobe has better all around stats than Wade this year", when in fact, he doesn't whatsoever.Did you see the stats Kobe was better in points, assist, and rebounds.:facepalm:

justinnum1
03-21-2013, 05:09 PM

:facepalm:

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 05:12 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2013&p2=wadedw01&y2=2009

Here you go D-12. Proof that you are either a liar, delusional, or misinformed
That was Wade's best year? I still would take Kobe.

ryang
03-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Wade is better today. But Kobe has had a far superior career thus far and anyone who feels wade has always been better then kobe must be delusional. This is coming from a die hard heat fan who loves wade over Lebron.

DanG
03-21-2013, 05:14 PM

Wade probably has 2 more elite years left. Miami isn't winning **** after that. OKC will dominate the league.

TheIlladelph16
03-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Did you see the stats Kobe was better in points, assist, and rebounds.:facepalm:

Miguel Cabrera had a better BA, RBIs and HRs than Trout this past season. Does that mean he is better than Trout? Nope. People who actually understand baseball know that Trout was very easily better and more valuable to his team than Cabrera.

You cherry picked 3 stats out that favor your guy while the large majority favor the current better player in Wade.

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2013, 05:15 PM

:laugh: he is beat out in almost every category

astrosmaniac
03-21-2013, 05:16 PM

so im gonna go with the delusional option then. More points, almost identical rebounding %, more assists, less turnovers, more blocks, more steals, better FG %, better at getting to the line, better PER, better TS and eFG %s, and a .6 gap in WS/48 for wade and you'll take kobe? Glad we know you have the IQ of a wet sponge

Fired-Up
Wade probably has 2 more elite years left. Miami isn't winning **** after that. OKC will dominate the league.

Don't underestimate the buzzsaw that is LeBron. Also Bosh is still boss. I remember Duncan taking a giant crap on the league in 2003 with a green Tony Parker and old supporting cast. LeBron can do it.

mngopher35
I will acknowledge that Wade is about to win rings not as "the man". But the Kobe homers are going to be getting a dose of their own medicine as Wade rides LeBron to a handful of rings as the inferior player.

7 years from now Wade could have as many rings and better efficiency. Think about that.

I don't see wade as ever being rated higher all time, but it would be interesting if he got 6 rings total (doubt it but just saying). I think we would see a flip on how important rings are for some of these posters.

xxplayerxx23
Miguel Cabrera had a better BA, RBIs and HRs than Trout this past season. Does that mean he is better than Trout? Nope. People who actually understand baseball know that Trout was very easily better and more valuable to his team than Cabrera.

You cherry picked 3 stats out that favor your guy while the large majority favor the current better player in Wade.

Yes Miguel Cabrera is better right now. Bad comparison lol

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 05:17 PM
:laugh: he is beat out in almost every category

Yep I sure did now compare Kobe's best year to Wade.

astrosmaniac
03-21-2013, 05:18 PM

that;s not what you said. you said Wade has never been better than kobe is now. i proved you wrong. man up and accept it

MTL_123
03-21-2013, 05:18 PM
I have a question D-12 if dwight leaves are you still going to like the lakers

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2013, 05:20 PM

:confused: your not the sharpest are you

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 05:21 PM
I have a question D-12 if dwight leaves are you still going to like the lakers

1.Dwight isn't leaving.
2.Why would he leave?
3.Why are you hating on the Lakers?
4.Any more question you want to ask me today?

MTL_123
03-21-2013, 05:23 PM
1.Dwight isn't leaving.
2.Why would he leave?
3.Why are you hating on the Lakers?
4.Any more question you want to ask me today?

1) you dont know that
2) He doesnt like playing with kobe (but it has gotten better)
3)Im not hating on the lakers
4) Nope

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 05:25 PM
1) you dont know that
2) He doesnt like playing with kobe (but it has gotten better)
3)Im not hating on the lakers
4) Nope
ok sir have a nice day.

mngopher35
03-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Ok you got me Wade had 1 season better than Kobe, what you want a cookie?

getting closer...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=wadedw01&y1=2006&p2=bryanko01&y2=2013

DanG
03-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Don't underestimate the buzzsaw that is LeBron. Also Bosh is still boss. I remember Duncan taking a giant crap on the league in 2003 with a green Tony Parker and old supporting cast. LeBron can do it.

Even if they win something (they will not) those rings would mean nothing for Wade.

21-23 year old Kobe (2nd option)>>>> 34-37 year old Wade(maybe even the 3rd option)

Fired-Up
03-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Even if they win something (they will not) those rings would mean nothing for Wade.

21-23 year old Kobe (2nd option)>>>> 34-37 year old Wade(maybe even the 3rd option)

First of all Wade is 31. He can resume winning many rings right now. Secondly, it's possible to remain the 2nd option in your mid 30s. Also, age is just a number. Performance is what matters.

DanG
03-21-2013, 05:31 PM
First of all Wade is 31. He can resume winning many rings right now. Secondly, it's possible to remain the 2nd option in your mid 30s. Also, age is just a number. Performance is what matters.

in 3 years Wade will lose his athleticism. + he doesn't have a jumpshot so his game will drop significantly.

Who knows maybe LeBron isn't even staying.

DoubleDragon
03-21-2013, 05:31 PM
True. Even Wade wouldn't say he's better when it comes down to it being after they're both retired or from when they were in the primes of their careers. But Wade's been comparable over the past couple years, and he'll go down as one of the great SG's of all time. That's saying ALOT and should be enough. He's a bad mutha******

FlashReturns
03-21-2013, 05:38 PM

Thats quite ridiculous. There is not a single HEAT fan that will say that Wade will go down as the second best shooting guard ever, but to say that Kobe at 34 years old is better than Wade at any point in his career is absolutely wrong. Even real Kobe fans can admit that Wade has gotten over Kobe certain seasons. I would take Wade season after returning from his injury over any season Kobe has up to date. Wade is more efficient, plays team ball, and plays better defense. Kobe may have the first team defenses but the stats point to Wade as being the better defender. Also Kobe fans claim Kobe is the most clutch player in the league which stats also prove otherwise. Career wise Kobe will go down as the better player but as of right now Wade is the better player and has been for a few seasons.

Fired-Up
03-21-2013, 05:44 PM
in 3 years Wade will lose his athleticism. + he doesn't have a jumpshot so his game will drop significantly.

Who knows maybe LeBron isn't even staying.

He can still win rings. LeBron is there to save the day.

FlashReturns
03-21-2013, 05:45 PM

The same way HEAT fans defend Wade is the same way Laker fans defend Kobe. Both franchises love their players so it only makes sense.
So by your logic Wade should be discredited for taking better shots than Kobe because Kobe would rather take a long 2 on a double team instead of passing up the shot or driving in for the foul? Who cares how you get your points if you get them. Every star player gets touch fouls, Wade gets more because he is constantly in the paint while Kobe is taking jump shots. Kobe does have the better skill set and fundamentals but its not by light years. There are things Wade can do that Kobe cant and vice versa.

ThunderousDemon
03-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Free as seagull

ManRam
03-21-2013, 05:57 PM
can't someone just send this to the comparisons forum and thus euthanize this thread like it needs to be

FlashReturns
03-21-2013, 05:58 PM
What year was Wade better than Kobe, and please explain why he was better?

08-09 Wade was clearly the better player.

Wade - 30.2 ppg/ 7.5 apg/ 5rpg/ 2.2spg/ 1.3bpg/ .49fg/ .32 3fg/ 77 ft
Kobe- 26.8 ppg/ 4.9 apg/ 5 rpg/ 1.5spg/ .4bpg/ .46fg/ .35 3fg/ 85 ft

Advance stats would point to Wade as well. So lets hear your argument on how Kobe was better that year. You most likely didnt even watch Kobe that year.

ThunderousDemon
03-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Colby is free as seagull.

Wade is little grasshopper in bottle.

JasonJohnHorn
03-21-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm not saying that Wade is better than Kobe this season, but if somebody were to say that, that doesn't mean they are saying that Wade is better than Kobe career wise. To say a guy who is essentially in his prime: 30 years old, is better than somebody who is five years older than him, Kobe's almost 35, doesn't imply that prime Wade is better than prime Kobe, just that prime Wade is better than aging Kobe.

I still give it to Kobe, but... it's close.

There were 15 centers that were better than Kareem his final year, but that doesn't mean that any of them are better than him all time.

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 06:19 PM
08-09 Wade was clearly the better player.

Wade - 30.2 ppg/ 7.5 apg/ 5rpg/ 2.2spg/ 1.3bpg/ .49fg/ .32 3fg/ 77 ft
Kobe- 26.8 ppg/ 4.9 apg/ 5 rpg/ 1.5spg/ .4bpg/ .46fg/ .35 3fg/ 85 ft

Advance stats would point to Wade as well. So lets hear your argument on how Kobe was better that year. You most likely didnt even watch Kobe that year.
Kobe was sharing the spotlight with Gasol/Bynum of course Wade was gonna have the better stats he had nobody on his team so he took a lot of shots.

GiantsSwaGG
03-21-2013, 06:28 PM
:facepalm: at D12 fan

TheIlladelph16
03-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Yes Miguel Cabrera is better right now. Bad comparison lol

Unfortunately, that's not the case. Mike Trout was significantly better than Miguel Cabrera was last year, and if you'd like to assert why you think Cabrera is/was better last season I'd be happy to hear it. DM me or throw it up in the MLB forum. I was simply using it as a comparison here, but I do enjoy baseball talk so either one works.

Kobe's career and accomplishments far surpass Wade, and I'm honestly not sure I've ever seen anybody who argues the opposite on that. The idea that Wade has NEVER been better than Kobe in individual seasons or for a stretch of time though is utterly laughable. Wade is currently the better SG and has been for a number of seasons.

FlashReturns
03-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Kobe was sharing the spotlight with Gasol/Bynum of course Wade was gonna have the better stats he had nobody on his team so he took a lot of shots.

More excuses. Wade took 27 more shots than Kobe that year. That doesnt equal up to the 185 more points that Wade scored. So if they both took the same amount of shots Wade would have scored more. Wade also passed up more shots by actually getting his team mates involved who were far inferior than Kobes cast. Lets hear your excuse for this one. I can defend my arguments with all day while you just say random things. Now if we compare Wades 08-09 year to Kobes year now where they were in the same situations with inferior teammates Wades numbers are still better than Kobes this year so basically you're not making any sense.

Chronz
03-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Did you see the stats Kobe was better in points, assist, and rebounds.

:facepalm:

Chronz
03-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Of course Wade is more efficient because he has Lebron receiving all the attention. Take Lebron off that team and Wade won't be so efficient because he shot attempts will go up.

Wade was more efficient the year before Bron got there. Explain that. Then explain why his efficiency basically gos unchanged regardless of whether Bron is on the court or not.

Wait nevermind, just continue ignoring all the posts that destroy your argument.

Chronz
03-21-2013, 07:00 PM
More excuses. Wade took 27 more shots than Kobe that year. That doesnt equal up to the 185 more points that Wade scored. So if they both took the same amount of shots Wade would have scored more. Wade also passed up more shots by actually getting his team mates involved who were far inferior than Kobes cast. Lets hear your excuse for this one. I can defend my arguments with all day while you just say random things. Now if we compare Wades 08-09 year to Kobes year now where they were in the same situations with inferior teammates Wades numbers are still better than Kobes this year so basically you're not making any sense.
Bingo.

You can look at both of these players in various environments, championship squads, semi contending squads, crap squads. In every situation, championship or not, Wade is often more productive.

Kobes going down with the better career because of his insane longevity more than anything.

hail2skins4life
03-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Wade is not better then Kobe.

Wade has never been better then Kobe

Wade will never be better then Kobe

Kobe right now > Prime Wade

lavilevi23
03-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Wade is not better then Kobe.

Wade has never been better then Kobe

Wade will never be better then Kobe

Kobe right now > Prime Wade

LOL cool story bro

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-21-2013, 07:15 PM
i think you're confused.

2 years max. Last year being one.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-21-2013, 07:28 PM

Great post.

Wade has been betterfor 5 years? :laugh2:

+1

+1

Wade is better than kobe show me how im wrong. Kobe obvious has a better career but currently wade is a better player
Today? Lol I don't think so bud.

Aust
03-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Its the 8th wonder of the world

mngopher35
03-21-2013, 07:37 PM
2 years max. Last year being one.

2 years max? May I ask the other year? I think he was better 2009,10,11 as well so that would be 4 total, which years am I wrong about?

Hardaway Here
03-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Wade has been better then Kobe for a few years now. Is he better all time of course not. D12 what Heat fans have you ever seen post this. I like how you had no quotes of any heat fan saying that. Just throwing out nonsense. Stats back up the fact Wade has been then Kobe over the past few seasons. Just smh at the guy who complained Wades efficiency being better because Wade takes smarter shots by attacking the rim rather then chucking contested jumpers.

sjbirds
03-21-2013, 07:51 PM
this time next year when howard is a rocket we will have a thread by d12fan how harden is better then both kobe and wade

justinnum1
03-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Wade has been better then Kobe for a few years now. Is he better all time of course not. D12 what Heat fans have you ever seen post this. I like how you had no quotes of any heat fan saying that. Just throwing out nonsense. Stats back up the fact Wade has been then Kobe over the past few seasons. Just smh at the guy who complained Wades efficiency being better because Wade takes smarter shots by attacking the rim rather then chucking contested jumpers.

Kobephiles don't acknowledge stats because they don't favor Kobe.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:17 PM

Wade isn't better than Kobe this year nor was he better than Kobe in 2009 or 2010 when Kobe led his team to champsionships!

And no I wasn't knocking Wade for taking what you call "smarter shots", they are simply the only shots he can make consistently and that's why he only shoots layups. You think Wade is confident in his jumper??? Ofcourse not. I'm merely pointing out the fact that while you Heat fans always like to base a players rank off efficiency, you never consider the fact that Wade only shoots layups. That's like saying Tyson Chandler is better than Kobe and Wade as well because he shoots only layups and dunks. Do you consider Tyson Chandler taking smarter shots??? Ofcourse not, it's simply the only shots he is confident in taking.

I swear the amount of ignorance by Wade fanboys is sad really.

4milesperday
03-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Kobe is having a great year this year, don't let the team record fool you. Also please don't make fun of another team you are a knicks fan nuff said.

Lets see Kobe produce as much as Wade with the same amount of touches/shots. Kobe takes too many shots and dominates the ball even more this season...that doesn't make him better than Wade. Can Kobe be as effective as Wade with same shots/possessions? With less possessions, Wade has a better PER. Enough with the Kobe nonsense already, what has he done this season? 34-31 with All-Star teammates is nothing to be proud of. What good is Kobe if he can't even make his team better. The NBA is not a one on one game, it's a damn team game for Christs sake.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Lets see Kobe produce as much as Wade with the same amount of touches/shots. Kobe takes too many shots and dominates the ball even more this season...that doesn't make him better than Wade. Can Kobe be as effective as Wade with same shots/possessions? With less possessions, Wade has a better PER. Enough with the Kobe nonsense already, what has he done this season? 34-31 with All-Star teammates is nothing to be proud of. What good is Kobe if he can't even make his team better. The NBA is not a one on one game, it's a damn team game for Christs sake.

All-Star teammates who have all been injured and out of rotation for extended periods during the season and yet Kobe has still managed to carry this team through all of the adversity the team has faced. I love how Kobe haters will use anything to discredit Kobe without accounting for anything else. Nice try hater.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Kobe is better than Wade today and has always been, period.

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-21-2013, 08:22 PM
2 years max? May I ask the other year? I think he was better 2009,10,11 as well so that would be 4 total, which years am I wrong about?

09 maybe. 2010? No chance!

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-21-2013, 08:24 PM

Wade has one year on Kobe, maybe two, that's it.

bucketss
03-21-2013, 08:25 PM

why did you say kobe was better 2009/2010 because he won championships, but won't agree wade was better 2012/2006 since he won a ring those years? hmm.

Supreme LA
Kobephiles don't acknowledge stats because they don't favor Kobe.

Wade isn't better than Kobe this year nor was he better than Kobe in 2009 or 2010 when Kobe led his team to champsionships!

And no I wasn't knocking Wade for taking what you call "smarter shots", they are simply the only shots he can make consistently and that's why he only shoots layups. You think Wade is confident in his jumper??? Ofcourse not. I'm merely pointing out the fact that while you Heat fans always like to base a players rank off efficiency, you never consider the fact that Wade only shoots layups. That's like saying Tyson Chandler is better than Kobe and Wade as well because he shoots only layups and dunks. Do you consider Tyson Chandler taking smarter shots??? Ofcourse not, it's simply the only shots he is confident in taking.

Chronz
NVM wrong post

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:28 PM
why did you say kobe was better 2009/2010 because he won championships, but won't agree wade was better 2012/2006 since he won a ring those years? hmm.

Because Wade didn't lead his team to championships in either of those years. It's obvious to everyone else that Shaq led the Heat to a championship allowing Wade to go to isolations with his defender during the Finals. If you watched those Finals you would clearly see that the Mavs had 3 and 4 bodies on Shaq at all times. Wade even said it himself that his 1st championship was because of Shaq and all the veterans on the team and that was why it wasn't that sweet for him. He clearly pointed Shaq as the reason for why the Heat won the title that year.

The 2nd championship was obviously led by Lebron as well and if you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you. In each of Kobe's titles for 09 and 10, he was the clear leader.

bucketss
03-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Because Wade didn't lead his team to championships in either of those years. It's obvious to everyone else that Shaq led the Heat to a championship allowing Wade to go to isolations with his defender during the Finals. If you watched those Finals you would clearly see that the Mavs had 3 and 4 bodies on Shaq at all times.

The 2nd championship was obviously led by Lebron as well and if you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you. In each of Kobe's titles for 09 and 10, he was the clear leader.

LMAO!!! the discrediting here so damn hilarious, go ask shaq who led that team.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:32 PM

Go ask Wade who led that team. I'm sure you can google the quotes from Wade after he won a title with Lebron. He clearly stated Shaq was the reason so I don't know what's so funny unless you're laughing at your own ignorance.

Did you even watch those Finals in 2006?? Maybe you did and you were blinded by all the flashy plays Wade had off of one on one plays in isolation and you totally forgot to look at the 3 and 4 bodies hovering around Shaq in the paint during every posession.

MaloDaw9
03-21-2013, 08:33 PM

How would you know? Your a Raptors fan, You didn't even know the Heat existed in them days.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:35 PM
How would you know? Your a Raptors fan, You didn't even know the Heat existed in them days.

He obviously doesn't know what he is even talking about.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:37 PM
I find it so funny how Heat fans like to say Kobe rode Shaq's coattails to a title but Wade led Shaq to a title?? GTFO!!

Shaq was the clear reason why Kobe won his first 3 and why Wade won his 1st.

bucketss
03-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Go ask Wade who led that team. I'm sure you can google the quotes from Wade after he won a title with Lebron. He clearly stated Shaq was the reason so I don't know what's so funny unless you're laughing at your own ignorance.

Did you even watch those Finals in 2006?? Maybe you did and you were blinded by all the flashy plays Wade had off of one on one plays in isolation and you totally forgot to look at the 3 and 4 bodies hovering around Shaq in the paint during every posession.

so wade didn't allow lebrons job to be easier just like shaq did for wade?? i'll give you that lebron was the leader obviously.but to discredit what was arguably the greatest finals performances in the leauge history is asinine.

bucketss
03-21-2013, 08:41 PM
I find it so funny how Heat fans like to say Kobe rode Shaq's coattails to a title but Wade led Shaq to a title?? GTFO!!

Shaq was the clear reason why Kobe won his first 3 and why Wade won his 1st.

so why didn't he win finals mvp than? if it was so clear:rolleyes:

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:42 PM
So Wade is considered to be better than Bryant by Heat fans right? I wonder why Wade is scared to death to guard Kobe? Perhaps it's because he can't and Kobe abuses him continually in any head to head matchup? Or because Kobe has always shown his ability to guard Wade while Wade doesn't stand a chance at guarding Kobe. There are so many reasons for why Kobe is better than Wade but Heat fans will always ignore these facts.

dee279
03-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Ok this thread is for non-heat fans. Well shouldnt it be for non-lakers fans too? Because i see alot of those.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:45 PM
so why didn't he win finals mvp than? if it was so clear:rolleyes:

Because as we've discussed in other threads asking why didn't KG win the Finals MVP when the Celtics beat the Lakers??? The media and the fans like flash and scoring and that's what Wade provided with a lot of help from the refs I might add. Nobody pays attention to the little details and it's clear you didn't.

Shaq dominated the paint and was the main presence on the floor at all times. Don't discredit the other veterans on the floor who spread the floor for a young Wade to go one on one every play either.

KG deserved the MVP in 2008. Shaq was the clear MVP in 2006. I can't explain it any further to you if you don't understand the game of basketball.

bucketss
03-21-2013, 08:47 PM
So Wade is considered to be better than Bryant by Heat fans right? I wonder why Wade is scared to death to guard Kobe? Perhaps it's because he can't and Kobe abuses him continually in any head to head matchup? Or because Kobe has always shown his ability to guard Wade while Wade doesn't stand a chance at guarding Kobe. There are so many reasons for why Kobe is better than Wade but Heat fans will always ignore these facts.

is that why he drops 25 a game against kobe in their matchups?

bucketss
03-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Because as we've discussed in other threads asking why didn't KG win the Finals MVP when the Celtics beat the Lakers??? The media and the fans like flash and scoring and that's what Wade provided with a lot of help from the refs I might add. Nobody pays attention to the little details and it's clear you didn't.

Shaq dominated the paint and was the main presence on the floor at all times. Don't discredit the other veterans on the floor who spread the floor for a young Wade to go one on one every play either.

KG deserved the MVP in 2008. Shaq was the clear MVP in 2006. I can't explain it any further to you if you don't understand the game of basketball.

so why does shaq himself say that wade led that team?

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:49 PM
is that why he drops 25 a game against kobe in their matchups?

He drops 25 on the Lakers, not Kobe. Kobe actually takes the challenge of guarding Lebron as well. If you actually watch Kobe and Wade matchup in a game, Kobe owns him every time. Do you really think Wade stands a chance against Kobe one on one? That's delusional.

I will say that Wade has an edge in transition but in a halfcourt set Kobe owns Wade evertyime.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
so why does shaq himself say that wade led that team?

Don't you remember Shaq always saying the same thing about Kobe during their run in post game interviews???? And yet none of you guys believe that do you???

Now listen to Wade after he won his title with Lebron and why his most recent title was much sweeter than the first. Look up the quotes because you can google them. He clearly stated that Shaq was the reason he won that title and he clearly gave all the credit to Shaq and Shaq deserved.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:54 PM
el hidalgo need not respond because I've blocked you...damn troll.

bucketss
03-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Don't you remember Shaq always saying the same thing about Kobe during their run in post game interviews???? And yet none of you guys believe that do you???

Now listen to Wade after he won his title with Lebron and why his most recent title was much sweeter than the first. Look up the quotes because you can google them. He clearly stated that Shaq was the reason he won that title and he clearly gave all the credit to Shaq and Shaq deserved.

when did shaq ever say that kobe was the leader of the team and he had to take a back seat to him?

bucketss
03-21-2013, 08:57 PM
i do remember him saying he let lebron be the leader because shaq did the same thing for him in 2006.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:57 PM
when did shaq ever say that kobe was the leader of the team and he had to take a back seat to him?

Shaq said that on plenty of occasions in post-game interviews. You obviously haven't watched the amount of Laker games that I have so I wouldn't expect you to be aware of them. I remember clearly after Kobe's performances against every Spurs series and Kings 7-game series as well for sure.

So take what Shaq says with a grain of salt. I'm surprised you haven't learned that over the years.

Supreme LA
03-21-2013, 08:59 PM
i do remember him saying he let lebron be the leader because shaq did the same thing for him in 2006.

Shaq says what he says in front of the media in Miami because he didn't want to be thought of as the cause for his and Kobe's bad relationship. He obviously willingly gave credit to D-Wade and did so the moment he first got there and before they even won a title. That's who Shaq is.

bucketss
03-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Shaq said that on plenty of occasions in post-game interviews. You obviously haven't watched the amount of Laker games that I have so I wouldn't expect you to be aware of them. I remember clearly after Kobe's performances against every Spurs series and Kings 7-game series as well for sure.

So take what Shaq says with a grain of salt. I'm surprised you haven't learned that over the years.

im calling you out .. prove it.

Fired-Up
03-21-2013, 09:02 PM
It doesn't matter what the players say. What matter is what happened on the court. Anybody who says Shaq didn't have a tremendous impact on the 2006 Finals is wrong.

FlashReturns
03-21-2013, 09:05 PM

Wade is confident in his medium range jump shot, he just is more effective going to the paint. Just how Kobe is confident in his ability to get to the lane, hes just more efficient shooting his mid ranges. Thats there specialty.

And you shouldnt talk about ignorance when you compared Tyson Chandler to Wade and Kobe. You cant compare them for a few reasons.
1. Tyson Chandler is limited to just layups and dunks, Wade and Kobe are not, they both have an arsenal.
2. Tyson Chandler doesnt put up the same amount of points as Wade nor Kobe, if Tyson was putting up 25 pts shooting the percentage he is now then you would have the beginning of an argument.
3. Your knocking Wade for doing what he is good at and making an excuse why he shoots the way he does. A layup and a mid range are both 2 points, if one is more efficient dont criticize Wade for doing so, criticize Kobe for not doing so when he has the ability to.

ATX
03-21-2013, 09:11 PM
This thread sucks big time. So annoying to read through. The VAST majority of Heat/Wade fans concede and rather easily that Kobe has had the better career. The only point those fans, myself included is that Wade has been right there with Kobe, and better in a FEW seasons. I'd say the consensus is that Kobe is a top 10 player all time, and that Wade with another title and a couple more efficient seasons will be top 25, 30 at least. See I'm perfectly fine with admitting this, because to me it's true. Kobe has had the better career...But the trolls out there can't seem to understand even when the facts are laid right out before them that Wade is in his own right an all time great, and perhaps will go down as the 3rd best SG to date. He will more than likely have 3 or 4 titles, outside chance of being a 20k, 5k, 5k player, and all on ELITE efficiency. Wades PER ranks destroy Kobe. Why can't the trolls admit his own greatness, and conced that yes in fact there have been a FEW seasons when Wade was the better player. Again Kobe's career is without question at least to me better than Wade's, but that doesn't mean Wade's accomplishments should be diminished. Only kids can act so selfish in thinking. I hate to say it, but holy hell trolls, grow up.

FlashReturns
03-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Exactly Wades best season is arguably better than Kobes best season. Kobe will go down as the better player for the amount of rings he has and longevity. Wade may catch him in rings but people will say "oh Wade was the second option". Kobe was the second option for 3 of those championships and had stacked teams the other 2 and was outplayed by Gasol I believe in one of them. If not for Lebrons choke job the other year Wade would have 3 Championships right now to go with 2 Finals MVP and 2 of the greatest finals performances ever. No matter the situation Wade usually does better than Kobe when they are in the same situation.

KeepMonta#8
03-21-2013, 09:23 PM
OK EVEVERYBODY COMMING FROM A NON HEAT FAN! Kobe is better career wise but in last couple years Dwayne wade has but up some better seasons than kobe , tired of this laker fans thinking its these heat fans saying CAREER WISE NO! ITs in the past couple seasons, DAMN MAN!

ThaDubs
03-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Because his per 36 stats are way better than Kobe's.

b@llhog24
03-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Wade's better.

JonnyBrav000
03-21-2013, 09:43 PM

You're so full of yourself, why do you keep insisting like you know best? This thread really isn't that serious, look no-one in their right mind can say Wade has had a better career, but currently, Wade is better than Kobe, it's not just Heat fans saying this, I am not a Heat fan, but rather smart basketball fans can admit that Wade has passed Kobe right now in the present, plenty of analyst have all agreed Wade is the best SG in the NBA right now, with Harden lurking as well. Wade is a much better and complete defensive player, also Wade has more recently won a championship and has been to the finals for the last two seasons. It;s a shame Kobe was selected to the all-defensive squad last year because it is pretty obvious his defense hasn't been top notch for at least 3 years in a row. Wade is also a much more efficient player. Look at how well the Heat do vs the Lakers and you cannot just give all the credit to James because Lebron has never tasted winning before Wade and D.Wade has won it all without Lebron. Anyone who doesn't admit Wade is better than Kobe is being Nostalgic, but I'm not mad at that, but you sir cannot even acknowledge that Kobe is not the same player he was a few years ago, meanwhile Wade is the 2nd best player on one of the best teams in NBA History, while Kobe is the best player on one of the most disappointing teams ever.

justinnum1
03-21-2013, 09:51 PM
I swear the amount of ignorance by Kobe fanboys is sad really.

Couldn't agree more.

SportsFanatic10
03-21-2013, 09:54 PM

so let me get this straight...when wade has good teammates they receive all the attention, and are the cause for his efficiency (even though he's always been more efficient then kobe). but when kobe has good teammates he's sharing the spotlight and they are holding him back statistically? lol wades stats are obviously being held back by the presence of lebron (he's taking his fewest fg attempts since he was a rookie) but you point at the per game stats and say well kobe scores more points lol. you can't have it both ways.

SportsFanatic10
03-21-2013, 09:59 PM
here is the bottom line imo...

best career: kobe
best peak: wade
best player currently: wade

Zefflin
03-21-2013, 10:07 PM

Bottom line is nobody but a few PSD folk and knowledgeable nba fans know about wade's "peak". Wade knows himself he's not 'better' then kobe but that's just my humble opinion/fact.

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 10:10 PM
I can't believe people actually think Wade is currently better than Kobe.:facepalm:

I don't see Wade putting up 40 pts 10+ assist and dropping triple doubles like Kobe has this year. Some of you guys really need to stop hating Wade has never been better than Kobe.

ATX
03-21-2013, 10:10 PM
so let me get this straight...when wade has good teammates they receive all the attention, and are the cause for his efficiency (even though he's always been more efficient then kobe). but when kobe has good teammates he's sharing the spotlight and they are holding him back statistically? lol wades stats are obviously being held back by the presence of lebron (he's taking his fewest fg attempts since he was a rookie) but you point at the per game stats and say well kobe scores more points lol. you can't have it both ways.

This is my BIGGEST problem with the Kobesters. They want their cake and to eat it too. They are so incredibly hypocritical, and they don't even understand their hypocrisies. Their logic is flawed, and it's rather pointless discussing these topics with people who use flawed logic or rather lack the common sense to be able to admit to facts. They have one tract minds. What astonishes me even more with the trolls, is the awful character they display when "Having a discussion" (Trolling).

Anyways...They are both all time elite players, and I'm happy to have been witness to these players do their thing in this era. Some truly amazing moments, moments that trolls can't dissuade no matter how hard they try.

ATX
03-21-2013, 10:13 PM
I can't believe people actually think Wade is currently better than Kobe.:facepalm:

I don't see Wade putting up 40 pts 10+ assist and dropping triple doubles like Kobe has this year. Some of you guys really need to stop hating Wade has never been better than Kobe.

He doesn't have to. Can't you understand that? They don't need him to do that to win.

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 10:15 PM

best player currently: wadeLay off the Ciroc brah.:drunk:

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 10:16 PM
He doesn't have to. Can't you understand that? They don't need him to do that to win.Ok so what has Wade accomplished without Lebron?

ATX
03-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Ok so what has Wade accomplished without Lebron?

Is this a serious question?

Oh I don't know a championship and finals MVP. Voted All Time best finals performance too, or do you need a link to remind you?

MetroMan
03-21-2013, 10:19 PM

I it weren't for lebron, wade would be an afterthought in 10 years.

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 10:23 PM
Is this a serious question?

Oh I don't know a championship and finals MVP. Voted All Time best finals performance too, or do you need a link to remind you?
Wow he has 1 championship, Kobe has 5 championships. What else has he accomplished?

ATX
03-21-2013, 10:24 PM

These are the kinds of over the top ridiculous comments that trolls make. You can be better than this.

ATX
Wow he has 1 championship, Kobe has 5 championships. What else has he accomplished?

Your utterly hopeless. Good-bye

Deserve to be banned for your unbelievable baiting.

ILLUSIONIST^248

:laugh:

bucketss
03-21-2013, 10:25 PM

^^ :crazy:

D12 fan
03-21-2013, 10:26 PM
I it weren't for lebron, wade would be an afterthought in 10 years.It's funny because even Wade said Kobe is one of the greatest players to ever play the game. For people to actually say Wade is currently better than Kobe is flat out stupid.

4milesperday
03-21-2013, 10:31 PM
All-Star teammates who have all been injured and out of rotation for extended periods during the season and yet Kobe has still managed to carry this team through all of the adversity the team has faced. I love how Kobe haters will use anything to discredit Kobe without accounting for anything else. Nice try hater.

Is that why the Lakers play better w/o Kobe? do you realize that Laker wins get more out of Howard than Kobe? shooting 50 shots to get 28 points dont make you a better player. Smush Parker can do that

The Flash
03-21-2013, 10:33 PM
But But But, Kobe got 5 championships, lets ignore he got 3 playing with the most dominant center ever, one with big time help from Gasol, and one with a last second tip in by Artest if I remember correctly. I don't know but to me, when you compare players you shouldn't compare championships. And stop being so insecure all you Kobe groupies, of course he's been better than Wade, but don't act like Wade is trash. Hell if i were to start watching a single player all over again from the beginning ill take Wade anytime before Kobe.(more exciting to watch and a much better team mate)

4milesperday
03-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Bottom line: If Lakers fans dont feel insecure about Kobe, they wont keep defending him all the time. I am glad they finally accepted Lebron is better than Kobe so they went for the next best scapegoat...Wade. Kobe is washed up, sorry...he had his time of greatness but it's time to move on.

Avenged
03-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Different day, same ****. Get it together guys.