PDA

View Full Version : Brooks needs to be fired!!!

parrwh
03-21-2013, 10:29 AM
I know there are a lot of Thunder Homers on here and afraid to be honest and speak the truth. Brooks has lost this team he can't motivate them he can't set up plays for them he is outcoached every night and the team don't believe in him just watch body language of players. Brooks is a victim of success and is stuck in a big time RUT and is to stubborn to change. He won't develop young talent like Lamb Jones and Liggins each cameo they make they show something that makes you scratch your head and wonder whats wrong with Brooks. Brooks is so set in this rotation thing and NO adjustments each team got him figured out and he won't change. If Martin was on another team like Lakers of Celtics THE TEAM HAS SIMPLY OUTGROWN HIM and Thunder won't win and can't win with him. He needs to be fired or traded to Charlotte for free.

2-ONE-5
03-21-2013, 11:10 AM
lol id say they are doing pretty good with him.

but put this in the Thunder forum

ManRam
03-21-2013, 11:15 AM
him not "developing" lamb, jones and liggins (LOL at acting like liggins has a good future) is not a fair point of criticism. he's not as terrible of a coach as you're making him out to be

also, this --> "," is called a comma.

also, "thunder homers"? there's like 2 thunder fans on this site.

NYKnickFanatic
03-21-2013, 11:18 AM
:yawn: You were saying?

D-Leethal
03-21-2013, 11:24 AM
LOL. Title contenders don't 'develop' rookies in games, they do it gradually in practice/D-League/Overseas until they are ready to contribute for a contender. Where do you want them to get PT anyway? They have a pretty set rotation.

D-Leethal
03-21-2013, 11:25 AM
And 'adjustments' must be the most overused phrase on this forum. People see guys start to hit shots, a team start to get out of a funk in the midst of a game and go 'LOOK AT THOSE ADJUSTMENTS'. Its up there with 'Mike D'Antoni's system'.

He115ing
03-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Oh look at that. Another end of the world thread after a team loses a game. If I had a nickel for every time that happened...

sjbirds
03-21-2013, 11:46 AM
ummm one of the best teams in the league and you are worried about developing young players? Then that would affect your record then you would really be *****ing

oak2455
03-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Sky is falling look out !!!! :speechless:

oak2455
03-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Dupe alert !!!!! Dupe alert !!!!! :laugh:

Manimal
03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Fans who want teams, that are challenging for title, to develop rookies are idiots.

Good teams have set rotations. Preferably a 9 man rotation. And they stick to it.

Fans calling for coaches heads citing rotations and motivation should STFU.

You have no idea how the players are doing in practice and what kind of motivation the coach is using.

John Walls Era
03-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Rookies almost never play on contending teams. You don't need to develop young players using gametime minutes in their first or 2nd year. Also theres this thing called practice, not sure you ever heard of it. But they actually run plays and teach players what to do during it.

haggis
03-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Thunder homers are the worst on this site. All none of them.

JasonJohnHorn
03-21-2013, 12:09 PM
There are only two teams with a better record than OKC; one of them is coaches by perhaps the greatest coach in the history of the game, and certainly the best coach in the NBA today, the other features the best basketball player on the planet, and perhaps the best shooting guard on the planet as well, and perhaps the best shooter in the history of the game, and are also the defending champs.

Is Scott Brooks the best coach in the league? No. But he is doing an above-average job. Would I fire him if given the opportunity to place Pop in his place. YES! Is there another available coach that could drastically improve this team? Maybe Phil Jackson.

Lamb has potential, his 3pt shots seem to be brilliant so far, but we also have a very small sample size. His FG% though is awful. Kevin Martin is clearly the better player right now and can do more to help this team win right now. Liggins has also displayed a great 3pt shot and gets his fair share of rebounds when he's on the court, as does Jones, but we have a very small sample size for both. Ibaka, Collison and Perkins are none of them what I would call great rebounders, as I think a great rebounder should average no less than 10 boards per 36 minutes, but they are good and consistent rebonders, which these younger guys have not yet proven to be.

Brooks is playing the players who have proven able to win. Larry Brown didn't play Darko when he coached the Pistons because winning was the first priority. Rookies have always had a hard time getting minutes on title contending teams (unless Pop is your coach). The guys he plays over the young guys shoot higher percentages and get as many or more rebounds, and that is what a team needs to win, not to mention defence.

Brooks is not beyond reproach, and he may be out coached in close games in some instances, but he seems to be playing the right guys from where I'm looking.

PhillyFaninLA
03-21-2013, 12:31 PM
parrwh
Recruit

Is this your real account....topics like this are usually alt accounts so man up and post from your real account.

JiffyMix88
03-21-2013, 12:37 PM
50-19?

Dade County
03-21-2013, 12:49 PM
parrwh
Recruit

Is this your real account....topics like this are usually alt accounts so man up and post from your real account.

This

parrwh
03-21-2013, 01:03 PM
LOL. Title contenders don't 'develop' rookies in games, they do it gradually in practice/D-League/Overseas until they are ready to contribute for a contender. Where do you want them to get PT anyway? They have a pretty set rotation.

'I dont think San Antonio is doing that

WHODAT8o8
03-21-2013, 01:10 PM
If this has to do with last night, it doesnt help your 2nd option goes for like 4/16 or whateve it was. It was an off night and we only lost by 1.

Chronz
03-21-2013, 02:58 PM
And 'adjustments' must be the most overused phrase on this forum. People see guys start to hit shots, a team start to get out of a funk in the midst of a game and go 'LOOK AT THOSE ADJUSTMENTS'. Its up there with 'Mike D'Antoni's system'.

PREACH BRO

I would have more respect for all this adjustment talk if the posters actually gave some insight into what should be adjusted. Some people just dont want to admit that this game is prone to randomness. Some **** is out of our control.

justinnum1
03-21-2013, 05:31 PM
K

Mr_Amaziing
03-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Ehh he's not too bad, He's an above average coach. Each year we've been improving, so I think we should see how this year pans out before we start bashing him.

We just gotta stay focus, and have faith in your team

tp13baby
03-21-2013, 06:21 PM
He has developed talent. Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden. Im really confused when you say he doesn't develop talent...

Quinnsanity
03-21-2013, 06:23 PM
I do think Lamb and Jones should be used because that's cheap talent locked up for three more years, you should at least see what you have with it, but Brooks is a good coach.

HYFR
03-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Funny ppl said the same thing about spo before they got their title. And most heat fans still say that about him. These players are so good that they can win despite him. It isn't a big deal

Hardaway Here
03-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Funny ppl said the same thing about spo before they got their title. And most heat fans still say that about him. These players are so good that they can win despite him. It isn't a big deal

Only thing I don't like about Spo is when he doesn't switch defensive assignments or take a player out the game when they are getting abused on defense. I love Haslem but green and thompson were destroying him in the last 2 games. Spo just left him in there to be a victim change didn't come til 2nd half. Spo is a troll at times

MrfadeawayJB
03-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Brooks isn't the best coach but he is far from the worst. The real problem is Westbrook

Guppyfighter
03-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Brooks isn't the best coach but he is far from the worst. The real problem is Westbrook

It's pretty arguable that Westbrook's problems come from coaching. He does a lot of things fundamentally wrong, like shooting off the wrong foot on a lay up. Bad passes, shooting it 20+ into the shot clock or before the ball gets below the free throw line at least once.

That is coaching, I believe.

MrfadeawayJB
03-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Could be. Really no way to tell unless your in the huddle. It's obvious Westbrook forces stuff that may not be the gameplan. But to be fair I do think brooks is too lenient and does not get into him enough to run the team the right way

mzgrizz
03-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Personally I think Brooks has come a long way. Thunder had to play our game last night and almost pulled it out. How's that worth firing ?

MrfadeawayJB
03-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Also wasn't he coach of the year recently? lol

WARRIORS@GR
03-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Who are the thunder homers in here?lol