PDA

View Full Version : Most Disposable of the Big 3?

CubsBullsBucs
03-20-2013, 09:08 PM
It seems like every championship contender has had a huge injury at some point this season except the Heat.(Pacers: Granger, Bulls: Rose, Spurs: Parker/Duncan/Manu, Knicks:Felton/Melo/Chandler, Mavs: Dirk, Hawks: Lou Williams, Nets: Brook Lopez, Grizzlies: Randolph, etc...

So it got me wondering..... I have two questions:

1) Could the Heat win a championship with just any 2 of the big 3, assuming the 3rd player is hurt and out for the year?

2)Which player of the big 3 is the most disposable? (for lack of a better word). AKA which player would it hurt the least to lose for the year?

For me personally I think to achieve the best record possible, Wade is the most disposable player of the big 3, simply because they obviously need Lebron and they are small as it is with Bosh.

Straight up value though I think Bosh is the most disposable, but with the current Miami roster I think Wade is if you are trying to win a championship, because you can put Ray Allen in the starting lineup. Without Bosh I dont see what they could do. Thoughts?

Sactown
03-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Yes they'd win, and Wade's the most disposable

mdm692
03-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Yes they'd win, and Wade's the most disposable

I agree. Lebron has proven he can take big shots with the clock winding down.

D12 fan
03-20-2013, 09:32 PM
No Miami is not winning anything without Wade or Bosh. Lebron is good but he isn't that good.

Yankeefan213
03-20-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't think they could win without him, but definitely Wade.

Slug3
03-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Miami did alright without Bosh for a couple series last year.

But the thing is, losing any starter no matter if the are the man or a role player will hurt any team.

mngopher35
03-20-2013, 10:20 PM
I think they would probably be able to make it out of the east without wade or bosh (not without lebron). They would probably lose in the finals though if one of the three were out. Wade is probably the most disposable but that has more to do with the makeup of the team.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Wait, the Hawks are a championship contender and losing Lou Williams is seen as a "huge" injury?

Anyways to answer your question, I'd say Wade based on the roster.

netsgiantsyanks
03-20-2013, 10:23 PM
No Miami is not winning anything without Wade or Bosh. Lebron is good but he isn't that good.

lolwut. he took a ****** *** cavs team to the finals. pretty sure he can do more even without the likes of wade or bosh.

OceanSpray
03-20-2013, 10:25 PM
It has to be Wade. As much as I hate it because Wade is a fan favorite and huge part of why Miami is so good, he's not getting any younger. He's also unreliable in random stretches. I'd hate to see Wade go but we need to be realistic.

LAKobeBryant
03-20-2013, 10:27 PM
i think only one or two of those teams listed are "championship contenders"

ILLUSIONIST^248
03-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Yup.

b@llhog24
03-20-2013, 10:44 PM
Not sure if they would win, but you could replace Wade with an inferior player and it might work.

diu9leilomo
03-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Neither, you never ruin the chemistry of a champion team, look what happen to Dallas

OceanSpray
03-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Neither, you never ruin the chemistry of a champion team, look what happen to Dallas

There are very few owners who will do it though.

Fired-Up
03-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Carmelo is. I want that cancer off my team.

VendettaRed07
03-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Its bosh.

After this season they should trade him. Because theyll get alot more back for him than they would for wade also.

Jimmer55
03-21-2013, 12:35 AM
The sad thing is, if the Heat lose any of their prime hall of famers, they'd still be an elite team in the east. Yes, without Lebron the Heat are still a top 4-5 seed in the east.

Bishnoff
03-21-2013, 12:43 AM
I'd say Wade.

Guppyfighter
03-21-2013, 12:51 AM
The sad thing is, if the Heat lose any of their prime hall of famers, they'd still be an elite team in the east. Yes, without Lebron the Heat are still a top 4-5 seed in the east.

Probably a second seed this year.

JasonJohnHorn
03-21-2013, 12:59 AM
I think you have a point there. Even though Wade is clearly the better player, it could be argued that he is more disposable than Bosh. I mean, you lose Wade, you still got a HOF SG in Ray Allen. But Bosh's rebounding numbers are quite meager, and his points total is nothing a couple of other guys couldn't pick up.

Chris Andersen may be more limited offensively, but he would be able to make up for Bosh's absence with his rebounding. Haslem is the better rebounder and he'd get more minutes. Bosh is only 5th on the team in rebs-per-36. That's pathetic considering he is the starting PF/C.

The Heat should sincerely test Bosh on the market because he isn't holding up his own. If he's getting 33 rebounds a night, I expect him to get 8 or 9 boards a night on average, not 6 or 7. The fact that he gets outrebounded by Wade on a regular basis is embarrassing.

DoMeFavors
03-21-2013, 01:04 AM
I think its Knicks, if Melo goes down.

Felton and Chandler are good enough to get it done, they got it done with the bobcats back in the day and could do it here.

BKLYNpigeon
03-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Its going to happen in a year or 2, They will have to trade one of them away. the Heat will pay close to 75 million dollars in Luxury Tax because they are repeat offenders of the cap.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/ian_thomsen/12/06/sixth-man-nba-cba-nicolas-batum/index.html

Dade County
03-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Bosh is the odd man out.

A healthy Wade in the playoffs is unstoppable!

Lbj teamed with a Healthy Wade can win a championship... I don't believe the same could be said about Bosh.

And noting is going to happen to are big 3... ( I can also see a 4th member joining the team next season )

Its going to happen in a year or 2, They will have to trade one of them away. the Heat will pay close to 75 million dollars in Luxury Tax because they are repeat offenders of the cap.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/ian_thomsen/12/06/sixth-man-nba-cba-nicolas-batum/index.html

Pat has that under control.

IKnowHoops
03-21-2013, 01:42 AM
The sad thing is, if the Heat lose any of their prime hall of famers, they'd still be an elite team in the east. Yes, without Lebron the Heat are still a top 4-5 seed in the east. Your probably right. Bulls were a 2 seed without Jordan so if its sad for the Heat, what would you call that?

Regardless, Lebron has proved that he can do more than anyone by himself. Cleveland was a 1 seed in the east with him, and the worst team in the league without him. Noone in history has ever made that kind of an impact.

hidalgo
03-21-2013, 01:57 AM
Your probably right. Bulls were a 2 seed without Jordan so if its sad for the Heat, what would you call that?
.3 seed. they played really tough defense that year, hats off to them for the solid season they had without MJ. they maxed out their potential that year (but losing in the 2nd round vs a championship is a big difference)

PrettyBoyJ
03-21-2013, 02:06 AM
As far as the Heat goes as long as the Lebron is on the team they have a shot.. I don't want to seem like I'm riding the dude but He could win with either Bosh or Wade.. When Bron and Bosh played together earlier this season without Wade, it made you wonder should they feature Bosh more than Wade.. We already know what Wade and Bron can bring you.. But Seeing Bosh stepping up and filling that second option makes you realize they don't really need all 3 of them.. As long as they have Lebron they can win..

amos1er
03-21-2013, 03:03 AM
I would say Wade. You would have to keep one wing and one big. Therefore out of Lebron and Wade it's Wade that has to go.

amos1er
03-21-2013, 03:04 AM

Very true.

Heatcheck
03-21-2013, 10:09 AM
I like bosh, but if i had to pick one, he's probably the most expendable, as well as valuable out of him and wade. might be able to get something nice in return, maybe throw in Millers 5 mil exp contract considering we dont even use him

JiffyMix88
03-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Miami did alright without Bosh for a couple series last year.

But the thing is, losing any starter no matter if the are the man or a role player will hurt any team.

how they found out LeBron had a post game if I'm not mistaken